Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jacky and Key Armrong.
Speaker 2: Wow, you should not have to pay for today's episode. I mean barely going through the motions.
Speaker 1: He's fairly barely going through the motions, so fulfilling the least can.
Speaker 2: Cratch contractual requirement would be considered working today.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm going for. Wow. I am, on the other hand, have loaded for.
Speaker 2: There, barely barely doing it at all live from studio c S something or other ump another. And today we're under the tutelage of our General Manager, Donald J. Trumph my Resident of the United States right now, clearly.
Speaker 1: Everything but the keys of the Oval Office.
Speaker 2: And then soon Biden may wander off anyway, so Trump might actually sit behind the desk. I promised yesterday we would not talk about the government shutdown and all that sort of stuff. But so they had that bill that was gonna try to take care of all that, and uh.
Speaker 1: Speaker john Holy as always, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaker Johnson was pushing hard to let's get to signed and go off for Christmas and all that sort of stuff. And looking good, and Elon had over one hundred don't sign this bill, don't vote for this bill tweets yesterday from him explaining all the different parts of it that he hated and that stirred up enough stuff and Trump got on board. And so now the bill has been pulled and my big government shut down, and I don't care. I just don't care at all. Maybe that makes me a child, I don't know. But this is all. This is all such a DC thing.
Speaker 1: How many no, no, I must step in there.
Speaker 2: This is wildly different than anything that has ever happened in the history of the United States government.
Speaker 1: No, that is insane.
Speaker 2: That part I agree with, the the crisis of the government shutting down. Oh how many times have I lived through this? And it's just no memory of it whatsoever. It just it comes and goes and whatever, no threat.
Speaker 1: In the history of threats. Yeah, I know, I know. Whatever.
Speaker 2: But the other part, yeah, is for better or worse. And there's a lot of uh hair on fire. This is we have a co president, an unelected co president, who is an oligarch. The richest man on earth is our co president. Blah blah blah. Elon Musk with so much power. On the other hand, but he listens to you people anymore. You lost badly, it was just last month. On the other hand, you got the world's richest man who knows about business, weighing in on stories and having some and getting some attention about it, and the aspect of it that I'm really enjoying him. I'm so curious to see where it goes going forward, obviously into Trump's actually actual term is that the Republican Party heads through and I'm gonna be a little sympathetic here through just fatigue because there's almost no constituency for it. Abandoned the idea of constantly calling for fiscal restraint and calling out the excess of spending, and just they were going along to get along these days, let's face it. And Elon's like, I don't need to get elected in two years. I don't care what anybody thinks of me.
Speaker 1: Here's the truth.
Speaker 2: And he's hurling truth bombs around like he's the Israeli military.
Speaker 1: On this stuff.
Speaker 2: This is where I'm the most maga, if maga could be defined as let's just tear it down. That's I was kind of there in twenty sixteen, and I now look back on it and think that's ridiculous. You can't you can't just be breaking every norm and tearing everything down.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite of conservative, and there's and you just you don't know what's gonna come out of it. But when it comes to the way we spend, I'm full maga freaking tear it down, do it a different way.
Speaker 1: How could it possibly be worse?
Speaker 2: And every single time there's some reason that the Republican Party or the Democratic Party explains, just this one, we need to get this one passed. I know it's full of a lot of things spending that people don't like, but this one we have to get passed.
Speaker 1: And again I have a shutdown, will be blamed for the shot.
Speaker 2: Right, and then we'll come back after Christmas and then we'll we'll blah blah blah, and the blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah never ever happens.
Speaker 2: Every single time, every twice a year or every two years or whatever, you have one of these giant, gargantuan bills, All this crap gets thrown in there, they all vote for it, spending money on everything in the world that we don't have. So this is where I'm the most maggat, just freaking burn there. Let Washington d C be shut down for a months where people are crying in the streets to.
Speaker 1: Get enough attention. Something has to change.
Speaker 2: Yes, public weeping, Yes, yes, Hey Michael.
Speaker 1: I die. I hate to chew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this close to Christmas. Can we get an explosion sound or something. Every time mister Armstrong screams blow it up, blow it up, I want to hear it more.
Speaker 1: Public crying, Yes, that's our aid. Public weeping.
Speaker 2: Yes, you won't have gone far enough until you see people weeping in the streets. Dash a soft country. Well, but it's just so annoying. I was listened to Speaker Johnson, who I'm sure's a good guy and everything like that, but I listened to him yesterday. Well, it's very important we get this passed, and we only have one half of one branch. But coming back after the year and after the neouguration, and yeah, that's what everybody says every single time on why you got to pass this unholy bill. I've heard this, I don't know sixty times since we've been doing talk radio.
Speaker 1: Just we got to pass this one.
Speaker 2: There's reasons for this one because of the war, of the pandemic, the oil crisis, the dot com miltdown, whatever, with this one, we have to pass.
Speaker 1: But then we're no, you're never ever going.
Speaker 2: To stop spending wildly.
Speaker 1: You're just never gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Well, he says, knowing full well he's about to get yelled at. He could make the argument, Hey, we've got the Senate in January, after Trump gets elected. We've got all three branches, so this just funds it through march. Marshall, come and go before you know it, like like pages of a book, like leaves in the wind. And then we'll get down to brast eggs, right, with help of the Doge brothers. Sure they will. And it's never this one. It's never this gargantuan bill full of crap. Yeah, and it's always the next one. All of the above so frustrating. So just blow it up. Blow it up, Mike, Yes, until there is PW public weeping.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, the endless the government shut down?
Speaker 2: Well whatever, I tell you what, Yeah, shut it down for six months.
Speaker 1: Let's see how we do out here in the private sex.
Speaker 2: And if you close the national parks, we will fight our way in. And I okay, and I fully get the grown ups when they push back it. Here's why you can't shut down the government and the things that happen. The problem is this, you never ever stop spending wildly.
Speaker 1: It never happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is utterly you know, at the risk of repeating ourselves for the millions of time, but it is no less true. It is utterly immoral. What we are doing, we the people, what we are doing right now is indefensible, fiscally, morally, patriotically, it's it's it's treasonous. I am not exaggerating, I'm not kidding. We are spending future generations into oblivion. It's incredibly selfish and evil. Yeah, we'll be a much weaker country and our children will have much higher taxes and less services. Hey, seriously, if I were a congressman and I like it was a mole for the Chinese for a decade, you know, unless I was on an extra had an extremely high security clearance, on an extremely important committee, for instance, I could not possibly do more damage to the country twenty years from now than I would do by simply continuing to vote for wildly irresponsible spending and deficit spending. That is treasonous. I don't know how you pull out of it with the each party can claim the other parties to blame. I don't know how you end the spiral, the downward spiral, because there's always a well you started it with this, will you started it with that? On everything, on absolutely everything, And I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I hate to do this. During the show. I've got to take a call.
Speaker 2: Hello Joe Getty here, Yes, History, it's History calling.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's what can we do for you? Okay, okay, okay, okay, thank you. Thanks. Yeah, yeah, very Christmas too. Yeah. History called and said, the way you stopped the downward spiral, he's your hit bottom.
Speaker 2: You have a disaster, you have a cataclysm, and that's the only option.
Speaker 1: Where's the eggnog?
Speaker 2: History kept calling me. I blocked them. They they can no longer get there. I don't want to hear from history. And if you considered a set of history related encyclopedias, encyclopedias, it's twenty thirty four and I live in La La Land and ignore history, which apparently we're going to do.
Speaker 1: Let's start the show officially. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is Thursday, December nineteenth. You're twenty twenty four. We are armstrong in getting We approve of this program. Okay, let's leap indection. Then officially, according to CC rules and regulations, here we go at Mark.
Speaker 3: Sell Hackey to steal me here and see all you wonderful people. And that's had a good time well out there. You see, my family always had.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun.
Speaker 3: We always we always had a lot of fun. And I never got over that.
Speaker 1: What was that, Michael.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred and six year old woman, Florence Hackman, and her secret is fireball whiskey.
Speaker 1: That's what's kept her alive. One hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 2: Sound like you said one hundred and sixty, but I doubt that's the case. Yeah, one hundred and six years old. That's that's old. And she drinks the fireball.
Speaker 1: Good for her.
Speaker 2: Wow, and Judy brought home a meme or a birthday It might have been a birthday card. Actually, happy birthday, sweetheart, it's my darling bride's at birthday today. I've certainly wished her that in person already, but ah, she brought home a birthday card that said, hey, they have candles. This woman sniffing a decorative candle. Hey, they have candles that smell like fire, Paul whiskey, and her friend replies, or is we non alcoholic?
Speaker 1: Non alcoholics call it cinnamon. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how many of your super ancient people, when they're asked about keys to life or what they do, ever include drinking.
Speaker 1: It's missed now and again. It seems that happened quite often.
Speaker 2: It's involved some beverage, alcoholic beverage of some sort. Well, when the world, family whatever is about to make you completely insane, eh, you stop, Karen.
Speaker 1: It's probably good for you. I would like to know when then we you got to take a break. But I would like to.
Speaker 2: Don't wonder how many of the people that get to that age are people that don't pay super close attention to what's going on in the world, because you would go crazy.
Speaker 1: This is not good for business. I hear what you're driving at.
Speaker 2: Another sixty years of paying attention to this level would make.
Speaker 1: Me insane right fast.
Speaker 2: The fireball. How does mailbag look? Oh it's very nice. Yes, well that's on the way and our text line is four one, five, two nine five KFTC new poll just out from Marquette University, sixty four percent support deporting illegal immigrants. So it continues to pull very very well. And uh, that's going to be one of the biggest stories of next year. I was at a lovely gathering last night and one of my friends, who lean's somewhat left politically speaking, Uh, he agreed that anybody who thinks Trump is going to like root out the guy who's been in the country twenty years, has two kids in schools, he's a successful small businessman or something like that, and it has followed the law.
Speaker 1: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Those black medcenarios are not going to happen. But if one of those people accidentally does get deported, that is going to be the only story in America. Yeah, so much to talk about today, including lead story in the Wall Street Journal. They are talking, They have begun talking. Biden Aid's saying, oh yay, Senile as hell, here's how we dealt with it. The leaks have begun at First Freedom Loving Quota of the Day, Timoyer. Tim Sanderfer sent this in my way. It's John Adams writing in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Apparently is tim put it.
Speaker 2: He's talking about how getting beyond the constitution, specifically to tax people and then redistribute money income to people, is wildly outside the bounds of the constitution, according to Adams, and he says, the nature of the encroachment upon the American Constitution is such as to grow every day more and more encroaching, Like a cancer. It eats faster and faster every hour. The revenue creates pensioners, and the pensioners urge for more revenue. The people grow less, steady, spirited and virtual us, the seekers more numerous and more corrupt, and every day increases the circle of their dependence and expectance, until virtue, integrity, public spirit, simplicity, frugality become the objects of ridicule and scorn and vanity, luxury, foppery, too damn much foppery and oh my god, hot and cold running foppery, selfishness, meanness, and downright venality, swallow up the whole society.
Speaker 1: That is really, really good.
Speaker 2: My pushback would be, yeah, but it's unfair that there are billionaires.
Speaker 1: And poor people. John Adams for the win. That's really good, That is really good.
Speaker 2: They they they understood the long game on so many of these things.
Speaker 1: The Founding Fathers Human Nature mailbag.
Speaker 2: Drops a Nope mail bag at Armstrong e Getty dot towncal.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was driving around yesterday. Foppery everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, where you look? Thomas Sokaw with some gift ideas. Jack always says he can't wait to read books written about the Biden administration. Here's some titles I'm looking forward to reading. There's not a single thing that comes to mind. The Kamala Harris Story, an automography, I've Got a Busy Day, A Daily Calendar and Planner by Alejandro Mamon, Jailee Calendar, Pardon Me Brother, A Guide to Plausible Deniability by Jim Biden, Padwey, Tasty Recipes for San Antonio Breakfast Britos by not a real doctor Jill Biden. And finally, You're Gonna In for a Problem, a novel by Joe Biden. I recommend the audiobook version where he whispers the entire story.
Speaker 1: That's some good that's some good material right there. That's some good comedy. Thomas, So call nice job, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, Senile, Joe Biden, stay with us next hout.
Speaker 1: You're Gonna in for a Problem, That's one of my favorite clips.
Speaker 2: Side show Bah excuse me, asking why on earth would Jack even consider giving up baked goods. It's the only thing that truly sets us apart from the apes. That's true, apes are almost never seen eating pie. Got us talking to the kids about this at dinner. This is my most challenging New Year's resolution ever. I'm almost a little scared. Well and jt and Livermore asks a question that I've wondered myself at times. He says, primarily, I don't understand why Jack is even eating baked goods, dessert styles, sugar bombs, given that he lost his sense of sweet from COVID. Yeah, people ask me that all the time. I eat more because I lost my tents ability to tast sweet. I eat more sweets than I did before. It is your brain wants sweet for some reason. I don't know why, and I can't get that. I don't get that I eat. It don't like, and I don't My brain doesn't recognize that I took in sweets, so it wants more. And I am attracted to more sweets than ever in my life because of the COVID sweet thing.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I would have thought it'd been the other way around, like most people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strange. I wish we had more time. We've got some amusing emails, but we'll drop them in throughout the show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: We've got all sorts of stuff to talk about. Elon Muskin, Donald Trump, running the government from mar A Lago already. Yeah, so much today. I'm going through the motions barely but a lot, so stay.
Speaker 4: Tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Starbucks announced this week it's doubled it's paid parental leave policy for baristas, while Duncan employees are still insisting they're not the father.
Speaker 1: What is that? What is that? That's some sort of lack Coast thing. I don't get.
Speaker 2: Wow, what sort of odd snobbery the elite elite is? Oh, speaking of the elite, you know, I know you wanted to talk about something, and we will, by God, we will. But you know I'm a big Brett Bear fan. It's an article in the Wall Street Journal. The incoming Secretary of Commerce, Howard Lutnick, just bought Brett Bay's home in DC for twenty nine million dollars. Brett Baar of Fox Yeah is selling a home for twenty nine million dollars. That's because he bought one in Palm Springs a couple of years ago where he lives now, apparently for thirty seven million, so he owned Brett doing pretty well. So he's been owning a thirty seven million dollar home while owning another thirty million dollar home, least for a little.
Speaker 1: While, waiting for that to clear the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, there aren't that many buyers at that level.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, wouldn't that. That's got to be something.
Speaker 2: There's got to be like five people in the entire country, maybe not even that many, because you'd have to be conceivably able to afford it and then have any interest in buying a home at that moment. So it might be like two people in the nation at any given moment that could and want to buy a home at the price range. I realize if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But what the hell are the property Texas on a house like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi, karamba, yeah bear, thanks for that, Michael H A couple things for you.
Speaker 1: You can't over sell. I don't think what a big deal it is.
Speaker 2: The Wall Street Journal has this big piece on Joe Biden's brain and how they've been hiding it forever. Here's an interesting thing, just teasing it because we're gonna talk about it to kick off hour two. We got to talk about it every hour the whole show today because it's it's a big deal. A couple of things that I've come across in terms of just teasing the story for later is Matt Welch pointing out PolitiFact said the lie of the year is they're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats from Donald Trump, that's the lie of the year, and links the Wall Street Journal story saying White House meetings were frequently canceled because Joe Biden's brain didn't work. Yeah, yeah, the dogs and cats saying bigger lie than the high eating the fact that they had to cancel meetings all the time because the presidents.
Speaker 1: Of brain didn't act.
Speaker 2: And where am I seeing most of the stuff the little snippets of the Wall Street Journal piece from James Homan of The Washington Post, who's retweeting all the most juicy stuff from the Wall Street Journal story, probably because he didn't like being lied to all this time, his initial tweet being and again, we're gonna kick off our two of this blockbuster reporting this Morning from and he lists all the reporters. They have fifty sources detailing various ways that Biden's inner circle was hiding his decline going back to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: And that's going back to the very beginning.
Speaker 2: But that's a Washington Post guy saying that about the Wall Street Journal article. I think that's notable. And Nate Silver also retweeting that story and saying, if you said any of this before June twenty twenty four, you'd get accused of peddling misinformation, Like there was literally an entirely new category of misinform invented cheap fakes concerning videos of Biden's decline that they would accuse you of. Now it's out in the open, and it's interesting that all these other people are retweeting this stuff.
Speaker 1: I find that unique.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I will point out, at the risk of self congratulations, if you've been listening to this show, you knew. I mean, we didn't even I didn't even take seriously the denials. I thought they were hilarious, just idiotic. And it's all been born out again, you know, final punchline, and then we'll get to the story next hour in full, because it's well worth hearing. There are still those within the White House who were responding to this story and the various accusations observations Joe Biden seriously diminished.
Speaker 1: Noise not.
Speaker 2: You need to keep meetings short and simple with them. No, you don't, he's very old men. Noise not.
Speaker 1: There's still one hundred percent denying it.
Speaker 2: So again we'll kick off hour two with that, and then there's a lot interesting stuff in that. I can't believe I'm talking about government shut down, debt ceiling stuff. But there are a couple of interesting things happening. As we've already mentioned, Trump has come out and said he wants to fully get rid of the debt ceiling, which we have said many times before. Trump saying today the Democrats have said they want to get.
Speaker 1: Rid of it.
Speaker 2: If they want to get rid of it, I would lead the charge. It's a fake thing. There's no real value in terms of debt control, and we've been saying that for years. It doesn't actually do anything. It just puts us in this weird bickering back and forth, weird political handcuff situation every once in a while, but so far it's never accomplished anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's it's hilarious. You could it's in first new clothes.
Speaker 2: Ish you could make the argument that at least once a year, twice a year, it makes you have the conversation about debt, and without it we won't. I don't know, but so far it's never it's never helped, and it is completely made up.
Speaker 1: It's a man made thing. For what it's worth.
Speaker 2: Newt Gingrich just tweeted President Trump and Republicans should not be afraid of a government shutdown. The next election is two years away. We had two shutdowns in nineteen ninety five and became the first re elected GOP House majority since nineteen twenty eight. It may take shock therapy for Schumer and Democrats to learn President Trump is serious about training the swamp. And a number of people pointed out that during that time, when Bill Clinton was the president, that was our last budget surpluses as a country.
Speaker 1: They had a balanced budget multiple years.
Speaker 2: So in ninety five I was barely following politics at all. I don't remember I remember hearing stuff about Newton the shutdown. I didn't think about it, ever, so how much of the population would even be aware. DC goes nuts over this stuff? Oh, if you didn't have the media acting like it's akin to the nationwide wildfire or something, screeching about it constantly.
Speaker 1: No, you'd never notice, right, And it's always the thing of this.
Speaker 2: Many government ployees will miss a check, yeah, and then they'll get the rest of it, like three days later.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no. They go with veterans.
Speaker 2: It'll be veterans, disabled veterans, blind, disabled veterans will not get their checks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And the old, the very old, the soul they can't even lift their hand to feed themselves. Trying to figure out what sort of thing I want to talk about today. Remind the mood for various things.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, you mentioned Fox News and Brett Baer.
Speaker 2: How much money he makes, yeah or not how much money makes, But he's selling one thirty million dollar house since he moved into a thirty five million dollars roughly, Yeah, which means you have both at the same time, which is crazy. Fox News dominated twenty twenty four so much it beat easily CNN and MSNBC added together for.
Speaker 1: The end of the year ratings. That is something I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: What News Nation and Oan and some of the other ones are are what sort of traction they're getting? Yeah, so that I don't want to bring that up. I can't I find it interesting. Maybe i'll bring it up later. I just can't make.
Speaker 1: Myself talk about this. Wow, all right, it's a downer. It's a conflicted man. We're listening to folks. So do you know anything about this Yun?
Speaker 2: The president of South Korea who's now gone because he pulled that whole I'm going to become emperor thing and martial law and all that.
Speaker 1: Luckily suck, even suck.
Speaker 2: Luckily they were able to get back in there and vote him down and open the streets back up and then impeach him. Ian Brummer tweeted this out yesterday, and I know nothing about this. Yun's presidential campaign relied heavily on ai deep fake version of him that was much more engaging and sociable than the real him and got him elected. The real Yun's capability turned out to be a rude awakening to people. How did hell how did the world miss the story? Did a guy get elected in a major economicly powerful country? Ian is implying through deep fake videos portraying him in a way he's not at all wow and misled people. And then when he became president, people are like, who are you? You're you're a weird, off putting angry. Exactly did that happen?
Speaker 1: Think if Kamala had the videos.
Speaker 2: Out of her gliding around the room merely throwing out clever bond Mo after bond Mo, making perfect sense, not giggling like a moron, Yeah, it could have changed things, huh much.
Speaker 1: But they don't Hilary now Hillary.
Speaker 2: If they'd had deep fakes of Hillary seeming youthful and likable and whatever, that could have turned the tide of history. Yes, yes, yes they didn't have They don't have a media there in South Korea where there are sources that could come out and say that that never happened.
Speaker 1: Look, I was in the room that night. That is not what happened or something.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. This is this story's brand new to me. I'm fascinating. I saw it late last night and I thought I got to dig into that because if that happened, that's a major turning point in world history. I think, sure, Yeah, they do have to figure out the AI. Some scientists needs to figure out what percentage of perfect faces can the brain handle and still think it's real or not because the perfect symmetry. I feel like I can look at the AI created.
Speaker 1: People and to me, that's AI.
Speaker 2: They're too perfect. Nobody looks like that. Nobody's perfectly symmetrical. Even really good looking people aren't perfectly symmetrical. But the A people are the chicks usually because they got them everywhere, and it just they're they're obviously fake. Yeah. What's interesting is I know in digital recording, like music recording, you can fix something to a grid so it's perfectly in rhythm, and then you can instruct it to insert fifteen percent variation. Interesting, and I'll bet that sort of thing's come into visual.
Speaker 1: And you add to it, and you would do that to what mimic real humans?
Speaker 2: Yeah, essentially, it's like you fix something and then you unfix it a little bit so it sounds more human. Interesting. So I was a club DJ briefly when I was younger. I knowed I like that.
Speaker 1: Gladys huh, And.
Speaker 2: It was nineteen seventy seven. Disco was king many decades after that. But so I would have to mix songs together and like your your rap or hip hop music or whatever they use what they call a click track. I mean, it's a computer dram. It's perfect, and so you can mix beats together. But any rock and roll song, if you'd try to mix it there, like you know, back in Black ACDC or whatever, you can't, cause the tempo varies, rolling stones, any of the beat varies. They get a little faster toward the end, or slow down in the middle or whatever, because it's human beings involved.
Speaker 1: And I always thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: Some of the most popular songs of all time, they didn't keep a perfectly steady beat through it. Of course you wouldn't, right, right, And I kind of regret being mostly recording during the year of click tracks, because when you listen to those songs and just pointed out to you, you think that's why the last chorus sounds more exciting. They picked up a pace, sped up a little, they got excited, or they slowed down before it, just because they were all looking at each other. And yeah, there was human emotion involved, exactly. They got excited. Now I'm excited. Everybody's excited. That'll be the difficult thing for AI to mimic, although they'll figure it out soon enough. Also, looking at some of the Elon headlines. He is a guy who is not concerned what other people think about him. No, I don't think it ever crosses his mind. I mean he is, he is the all time king of I have no e fs to give mine ego, wealth and autism. I think there's plenty of people positioned, plenty of people with ego and wealth, but they seem to be very concerned what other people think.
Speaker 1: He's not one.
Speaker 2: And I said it yesterday you were gone somewhere that I wonder how much of his ability. Oh, it was the conversation we had about so Katie, you got the name for me, some big business leader, gazillionaire also who worked with Steve Jobs, and Elon Musk was talking about the signal the noise.
Speaker 1: Ratio thing that I'm kind of fascinated with, and he was.
Speaker 2: He was talking about how Steve Jobs was ninety percent signal ten percent noise, as in, ninety percent of everything he did was focused on getting something accomplished with very little extraneous whatever, and he worked twenty hours a day. He said, Elon is one hundred percent signal.
Speaker 1: Wow, just the way he is, like twenty hours a day.
Speaker 2: And I wondered how much of that is his aspergers, just his ability to stay focused without like, screw this, I'm gonna do something else. I'm gonna drink margaritas and flip through, you know, a porn or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I wish you could step on a scale or get a scan or something and they could say, well, Joe, you're twenty.
Speaker 1: Two percent signal. I'd be like, what, yeah, no kidding. Do you remember who that was? Katie? Yeah, Kevin O'Leary, also big on Shark Tank. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, you know it's funny on that topic.
Speaker 2: I I've got just a minor health thing on everything's fine, but they wanted to do an MRI of my brain to make sure it wasn't a brain tumor. And how do you say I got a health thing. It's no big deal. They did an MRI to see if I got a brain tumor. That seems like a big deal. I just the details of it aren't interesting, and we're up against a break. It's it's a hearing thing, but it's it's I think I know what it is going to be fine. But anyway, I thought it was hilarious. That I got the results. I actually saw them at getting Ready with the show for the show today. Uh, and it said please to share the patient and his MRI looks normal and his brain showed nothing exceptional. And I thought, well, that's pretty much confirmed by the trajectory of my life. Exceptional the Joe Getty story.
Speaker 1: That could be the title of your book.
Speaker 2: We see nothing exceptional, the Joe Getty story. We've got Katie's headlines next. I like reading the style section of various newspapers because I find them hilarious and they're so out of touch with my real life. Anyway, here's one. What is the hottest scent in perfumes right now? According to the Wall Street Journal, it is pistachio, just a hint of pistachio and all the most expensive scents out there. And also their suggestion for the holidays, forego the hackneyed holiday beanie, which I wore to work today to keep my head warm. Foregoing it's hackneyed, you see, in favor of the equally practical fullard fou l A R D flard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've got three of them.
Speaker 2: Some triangle thing you tie around your head. I hope you're not wearing a hackneyed beanie this weekend.
Speaker 1: Full hard. I wouldn't know one if you shoved it up my chimney.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Green Katie starting with ABC.
Speaker 4: The FAA temporarily bands drums and parts of New Jersey notice threatens quote deadly force for imminent security threat.
Speaker 2: There is as Joe is saying, this will go away when Travis proposes to Taylor, or you know, something happens Christmas will make this story go away, right, We'll all forget about it. We'll come back in January sixth and will have gone.
Speaker 1: Away and nobody will remember how it got resolved, and that'll be the end of it. The latest is you got a bunch of New Jersey eights saying the.
Speaker 2: Thing passed over my house and now I can't stop coughing.
Speaker 1: Oh, any get weird symptoms?
Speaker 2: Maybe you need a fillard to keep your head warm.
Speaker 4: From The New York Post, Luigi Mangione arrives at courthouse as hundreds of protesters gather outside to show support.
Speaker 1: For killer freaking weirdos.
Speaker 4: From The Washington Post, Amazon hit by teamsters strikes during holiday rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's thousands of people, and Amazon has one point eight million employees or something like that. But in the locations where they're centered, like San Francisco and see, if you're expecting something, you know, overnight last minute rush, it could happen.
Speaker 1: Effect woops from.
Speaker 4: The Associated Press, NASA's two struck as two stuck astronauts face more time in space, with return delayed now until.
Speaker 1: At least March.
Speaker 2: That'd be a heck of bad news to get you think you're coming back from space after being stuck up there forever much change it again. Yeah, even if it was kind of exciting that they would be up there for an extended period, at first, they'd think, well, what the hell I get to live in space for all?
Speaker 1: They're probably good and sick of it now, unless you don't like your family and you're thinking, oh right.
Speaker 4: From CNN, humanoid robot that can do your laundry, dishes and make you coffee could.
Speaker 1: Be yours as early as next year. Awesome.
Speaker 4: And finally, the Batlon Bee RFK Junior advises children to leave out eight strips of bacon and a bowl of beef.
Speaker 2: Tallow for s this year, which publication had the headline about that you might have a robot next year CNN. Okay, I have to look into that story. I need one between AI and robots. We're spend a lot of time and money on designing things that we could just do ourselves.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're going to make ourselves obsolete. The president is senile and now everybody's admitting it. Major Wall Street Journal story coming up next. If you can't stay around, grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty