Speaker 1: These diamond friendly cereals.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's such a thing as diamond friendly cereals.
Speaker 1: Do any of these have sunflower oils? There's safflower, Yeah, don't learn about life Andrew the safflower. Come on, now, this is serial.
Speaker 2: Feelers, Yes it is. Oh wait, dramatic.
Speaker 1: So dramatic the drama.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I'm gonna let you pick the cereals that we're gonna do live right now. Oh wow, I have two possibilities predetermined.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Now do you want this to be? Do you want this to be the healthy chocolate cereal episode? Or since it's kind of fall now it's September, do you want this to be the pumpkin spice episode. It's your call, you choose it.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin Spice.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to have to do this, but here comes the pumpkin Spice episode. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm gonna whip out my live laugh Love plaque. I am going to make sure I speak to every manager in existence.
Speaker 2: What is that what pumpkin spicers do?
Speaker 1: It's pumpkin spice is a known white girl thing. Oh okay, haven't you ever seen? It's very like no I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it, but I just I hate all things pumpkin spice. Why because it's fake. Pumpkin doesn't have a flavor. There's no Have you ever eaten a piece of pumpkin. You don't eat pumpkin like that exactly because it doesn't have a flavor. You have to put all kinds of crap into it. There's no pumpkin spice. It's basically nutmeg and cinnamon. That's what pumpkin spice is. Pumpkin is not a thing.
Speaker 1: No, you're arguing a different point. You're basically saying, oh, yeah, the cucumber has no taste. Yes it does, but like a pickle is a pickle?
Speaker 2: No, it makes no sense to me. You can't. No, I just pump pump damour. No, Pumpkin's a squash, okay, And if you just boil it up or whatever and eat it, it doesn't have a flavor.
Speaker 1: You can, though, yeah, if you add stuff to it, the same way you add stuff to cucumbers.
Speaker 2: Who add stuff to cucumbers?
Speaker 1: Everybody we like? Don't you ever have summer salads where they put like a little bit of fetup.
Speaker 2: No, that's disgusting. I don't eat that crap, so.
Speaker 1: You don't eat healthy things.
Speaker 2: I do. But I'll slice up a cucumber and eat it, and it tastes like cucumber again the same way. It gives not a flavor, It is a flav far You have to add all kinds of crap to its spice.
Speaker 1: You have to add crap to a lot of things. You could put this sa spic There are a lot of base things that you're talking.
Speaker 2: It taste is red.
Speaker 1: You can eat a pumpkin by itself. You can.
Speaker 2: You can put the same spice in a butternut squash and it'll taste exactly the same. And you could just call it pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: Okay, pumpkin pumpkin pot Your your argument makes no sense.
Speaker 2: They sell little bottles of pumpkin spice and all it is nutmeg and cinnamon. That's what it is. Well, I mean, there's nothing to do with pumpkin. Let's just go. I don't care. Okay, you're listening to the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 1: I'm scary.
Speaker 2: That's Brody going down to the cerreo sack first, and then we're gonna have in this stupid, disgusting episode. Is your special k pumpkin spice. All right, let's see how it tastes. I don't want to do this episode.
Speaker 1: We can't do a whole episode of every time you say pumpkin spice, you go pumpkin spies.
Speaker 2: I want nothing to do with it. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's on you. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: We're doing it for the listeners because I love you, but I hate pumpkin spry.
Speaker 1: I like pumpkin spice, and I think that you're being a hater.
Speaker 2: Every September, my wife brings home a pumpkin spice candle from Home Goods and I vomit. I'm gonna get it out of here.
Speaker 1: Like, where did pumpkin spice hurt you as a child.
Speaker 2: As a child, we didn't have pumpkin spice. This is a millennial thing. He were here, pick your damn spoon.
Speaker 1: So pumpkin spice is now just purely millennial.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is this garbage? Oh I didn't do Scotti. Shake on it. There's stuff in here. Hold on.
Speaker 1: Oh, you are such a baby, a millennial with your pumpkin spicce.
Speaker 2: It smells like a candle shop.
Speaker 1: I love candle shops.
Speaker 2: By the way, No, because so many fragrances mixed together and it gives me.
Speaker 1: A hand love it. Yeah, I mean you can't stay in there for longer than like.
Speaker 2: Every time you go to the mall. My wife goes to sepour. I'm like, get me out of here. It's so many smells all coming together, choking from smelling this.
Speaker 1: It's not that bad.
Speaker 2: You're being such a baby going down to the fridge.
Speaker 1: Good luck, God, buss are you today?
Speaker 2: Look we have today? We have skim plus lactose free, fat free milk.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: It is actually really good. I love this milk.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what I did this weekend?
Speaker 2: No? Why wouldn't you just tell me? Like I hate people say, hey, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: You just did? Well? What if I'm busy? I've told people before? Can I ask you a question? I'll be like, yeah, not right now, I've said that to people before.
Speaker 2: But that is a question. You might as well have just asked the other question and killed you know, save the time.
Speaker 1: This episode is just us arguing with each other.
Speaker 2: We always argue, all right.
Speaker 1: Again, what wind up happening? Was I bought oat milk? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Because it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: No, because I am so tired of just throwing out milk after two weeks. This one doesn't expire until November, so I cheaped out and was like, I'll just get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, you still have to drink it within two weeks of opening it. You know that, right. It doesn't just expire on that date. Are you not aware of that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: It's good until then if you haven't opened it yet. Once you open it, you must drink it within a week or two or it goes bad, just like any other milk. No, yes, no, yes, okay, you know what, drink that at the beginning of November. Let me know how you make out. All right, So here is your special cat.
Speaker 1: I'm dead.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny because Jake, who was leaving the show unfortunately, told me that I should start a podcast just called learn about Life where I say things like that, and I teach people that have no idea what they're talking about the ways of life.
Speaker 1: Except the minute anybody disputes any of your facts, you can be like, no, shut up.
Speaker 2: Hate it. That's why I'm gonna do it alone, Millennial. I won't dispute myself here we go, especially k pumpkin spices.
Speaker 1: Um huh okay, I'm into it.
Speaker 2: All right, It's not as bad as I thought. I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it tastes like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I because I just ate it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What if I could, I would bitch slap.
Speaker 2: You right now, shooting daggers at me. I am go ahead. What does it taste like?
Speaker 1: It tastes like a cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 2: Tastes nothing like cinnamon toast crunch, like.
Speaker 1: A lighter cinnamon TOAs crunch, not at all. It has a weird aftertaste. Maybe it's because they just had spicy chickpeas.
Speaker 2: It's also like yogurt. Covered had one of those.
Speaker 1: It was delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did like that. Naturally flavored with other natural flavors, crunchy wheat and rice flakes with nutmeg, all spiced ginger and cinnamon clusters. I don't like ginger. That's my problem. I don't like ginger in anything. I hate ginger.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I'm with you on that one. Like whenever people get sushi and they put ginger on it, and I'm like, that's gross.
Speaker 2: I don't even let it touch my stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm not into that. I give this three bowls? Would I reach for this first thing?
Speaker 2: I'll also give it three balls because you know what, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But what happened? What happened? You? Going down?
Speaker 1: I got a cluster of something. It was too much spice.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I just don't think it belongs in cereal.
Speaker 1: I keep my three bowl r right.
Speaker 2: I'll do the same. You know, it's not awful. And all these pumpkin spice cereals they come out right around this time of year. Most of them have been around for a few years because pumpkin spice was all the rage starting like what twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Or so when millennials took over.
Speaker 2: That's right, and that's when all this stuff started coming out. So there's also a pumpkin spice cheerios. I just I wasn't. I didn't want that because do you have that? No, because it's just like cheerios dusted with No, I don't prop dusty. Yeah, it wasn't into it, all right, So let's go back down the sack.
Speaker 1: Know what, I hate what there's somebody who vague posts on their Instagram, uh huh, where it'll literally just be like a picture of like a kid on their phone and it'll be like, we didn't have this in my day.
Speaker 2: Hashtag millennials, hashtag pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: What are you like? What kids are on their phones now is a bad thing?
Speaker 2: I'm confused now, I'm with you. There's plenty of stuff that you know is around now that I didn't have in my day, But I'm happy that it's here.
Speaker 1: Plus, like you guys in the seventies, like used to have lead wallpaper, no paint. Oh sorry, paint, My apologies.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: So like maybe it's not the worst thing that you're on a phone just saying.
Speaker 2: I hear you're getting cancer in your ear, but otherwise all right. So now here's another one from Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Yeah you ready, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin spice frosted mini wheats. I can already tell you I'm a little disturbed.
Speaker 1: Why because the frosted mini wheat part it looks like it's like has Cheeto dust on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's orange. It's a white and orange.
Speaker 1: To me in orange looking cereal. That's not natural.
Speaker 2: It says it's naturally flavored that's not natural.
Speaker 1: Get it off my lawn.
Speaker 2: Ingredients, whole grain, wheat, sugar.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: The back is very fall. You know some little muffins there like summer. I like summer.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you excited it's fall?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well that was a direct answer.
Speaker 2: Is that the only question?
Speaker 1: I mean, I could keep asking you. I love the fall. I used to hate the fall. Now I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 2: There are pumpkin seeds on the front of this box. That doesn't who eats? Well, yeah, I guess you do eat pumpkin seeds.
Speaker 1: You have been studying this box for far too long. Let's take a more eating.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this will be around for a couple more weeks. Grab it while you can. I'm sure by mid October or so, you won't see these anymore. It's a strong bag, there is They.
Speaker 1: Me like a chai one cereal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some sort of latte something or other. I would love that frousted miniweeds.
Speaker 1: I'm so into that chai. It is like one of my favorite flavors.
Speaker 2: I think it was chai though. All Right, I wonder where this orange coloring comes from.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking forward to this, but I can't wait to see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: It looks exactly what it looks like on the box.
Speaker 1: That means it's gonna look nasty. Oh, I wonder if the milk is going to turn orange.
Speaker 2: The mini weeds look almost gray. Hey, look spooky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's weird. Oh the look of an orange cereal is just a giant no in my book.
Speaker 2: Unless it's OJ's from Kellogg's in the eighties.
Speaker 1: That's not coming back. Scott. You're the only person who made that petition.
Speaker 2: But it was orange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. Ready, I'm in I like it or both?
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't believe I like this.
Speaker 1: Do you liked it?
Speaker 2: You want of those other episodes when you yell and scream it you think you're gonna hate something and then you like it. That's how I feel now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this isn't bad. The shoe is on the other foot.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't that phrase work? I don't know it does? You're an idiot? Four balls? Am I just gonna sit here and watch it?
Speaker 2: Chew. I'm thinking this is me thinking I like this cereal? I really do. Okay, three balls in a spoon?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 1: Great? This was definitely better than the special. Okay, it has a little bit more flavor, but I still stick with my guns saying, do not make an orange colored cereal gelatin?
Speaker 2: Why is there gelatin in here? Probably for the orange A nato extract color. What's in a nato ann a tt o? Would you look that up for me? A na toe a n n a tt o.
Speaker 1: An orange red dye obtained from the pulp of a tropical fruit used for coloring foods or fabric. The fact that you can color food or.
Speaker 2: Fabric, that's a little un all right, We'll see how that works out later on. Okay, so I'm gonna go back down to the cereal sack. There's one more pumpkin spice cereal for this episode.
Speaker 1: Is this the bonus box?
Speaker 2: It's not a bonus box. This one was around last year too. I remember seeing it, and we've done a few of these varieties before and not it was weird looking. Oh look at that. Yeah, it looks like a vagina.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say, well, I wasn't gonna say it, but then you said.
Speaker 2: Well you thought it, so I just said it. All right, Here we go, and the third and final cereal of this episode has fall festivities on the back. Okay, are you able to tell what kind of cereal it is from looking at the back?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, because a bunch of kids frolicking in the leaves with some sort of pumpkin maize. Life is full of beautiful moments. I just gave you a hint. Do you know what the cereal is?
Speaker 1: Corn pops.
Speaker 2: Life is full of beautiful moments.
Speaker 1: Cinnamonto's crunch, Oh, cinnabon cereal.
Speaker 2: No, none of that is pumpkin spice. Life is full of beautiful moments.
Speaker 1: Is Mikey coming right? Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, Mikey, Pumpkin spice Life. I don't know about this one. Again. The one thing I do like about life is it has all like the little granules of sugar and stuff in the middle.
Speaker 1: But remember we hated Vanilla Life.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it, I did, but it's certainly not as good as Vanilla checks.
Speaker 1: That's why I love og Life.
Speaker 2: All right, So, limited time, limited edition Quaker Life Cereal. You know, we just saw a commercial today for Life Cereal, which there hasn't been a commercial for Life Cereal in many years.
Speaker 1: I saw a commercial for Cereal only this weekend, and I was like, I haven't seen a ceial commercial and soul it's just.
Speaker 2: Because you notice it now because of this podcast. True, But the New Life commercial says Mikey likes it. But there's a little girl in it, so I'm not quite sure. I didn't hear it. I only saw it.
Speaker 1: Mikey got old, so they did fire him. All right, once you push second grade, they can't have you as the life Get hold on. Don't bring the bowl over. You've gone so many.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I have your cup?
Speaker 1: But like, do you know what an idiot you look like when you do that?
Speaker 2: That's why we're it'ts a podcast.
Speaker 1: No one can see us, but I can visually tell them what just happened.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Scott decided on the third box of cereal that we ate on the the last cup he was going to pour, he needed to actually put it into a dog bowl to make the clinking sound. It's not a dog bowl, it is, it, says Max. And there's paw prints on it. If you're gonna put it in there, that means you have to eat it from there.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Andrew, it's pumpkin spice Life from Quaker.
Speaker 1: Ready, I guess all right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, Oh lord, Mike be what have you gone?
Speaker 2: Dutch? Terrible? There's a lot of it. There's a lot of nutmeg in there that is no good. U know what, dude, that's horrendous. One spoon yep. Wow.
Speaker 1: It just tastes like cinnamon challenge, Like it just feels like I dumped an entire thing of cinnamon on my tongue.
Speaker 2: So now I really don't even taste cinnamon. I taste all nutmeg.
Speaker 1: That is disgusting. Nutmeg disgusting, sorry, absolutely nasty, rotten cereal. Mikey what.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything that says he doesn't like it, so we'll just say we don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's nasty, Like, who in their right mind ate this and then thought to themselves, let's put it in a box and sell it to people.
Speaker 2: And coming back for another season. It was here last year.
Speaker 1: It seems like maybe this batch is out of season.
Speaker 2: It's funny, okay, Dad, It's funny because on the display there were coupons and it was save a dollar if you buy two, and I was really debating buying two of them, and I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 1: If you bought two box of this, I would have there's a lighter right here, we would have lit that bitch up because no one.
Speaker 2: Should ever eat that cereal. All right, well, thank you for listening to this edition, the special edition, the Pumpkin spice edition of Serial Killers. Yes, and we probably won't do another one of these.
Speaker 1: I like seasonal serials.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, the Halloween episode is coming soon. You know what happens during Halloween time? Corn pops, No, what is the matter with you? The monster cereals are coming soon any day now. The monster cereals will hit the shelves and I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: So mean, Cinnabon.
Speaker 2: Cinnabon is not a monster, You're a monster. Frank and Berry, count Chocula Booberry, maybe even Fruit Brute or Fruit Yummy Mummy. They might all be back. I don't know about this year.
Speaker 1: Are we going to do five serials in one episode? If we're going to be a two parter?
Speaker 2: Oh no, if we have to, we will. So thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC That's Cereal with a sea. Like our Facebook page, even though I haven't been on it yet. I'm hoping Andrews taking care of.
Speaker 1: That okay cool. Also, make sure you hit the subscribe button wherever you're listening to this podcast. We're on pretty much every single platform you could ever possibly imagine, from Google Podcasts to Apple podcast to iHeartRadio to whatever your heart desires that you want to listen to us, eat cereal on going for the subscribe button and give us five stars as well.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you this is where Maltomeal is smart because they don't rip off the pumpkin spice cereals.
Speaker 1: That's what you say now, and then all of a sudden, it's can to be new for Maltomeal.
Speaker 2: To spice scooters, right exactly. You'd probably like that, I would, all right, So thanks for listening. We will see you next time. Until then, say crunch, Andrew, crink crunch.
Speaker 1: Do you have to mark this episode explicit? Because I said bitch twice?
Speaker 2: I said vagina.
Speaker 1: That's true. Well that's medical sorry, Ashley and Cooper.
Speaker 2: And bitch is a dog, so we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah,