Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. I'm strong and Getty enough, he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The protests in Chicago as President Trump escalates his threats against the third largest city in the nation. Trump resharing a manipulated image on social media that places him in front of the city, the image referencing the iconic nineteen seventy nine film Apocalypse Now. The caption reads, I love the smell of deportations in the morning. Chicago About to find out why it's called the Department of War, a reference to his Friday executive order rebranding the Department of Defense the Department of War.
Speaker 2: We're not going to war. We're going to clean up our city. We're going to clean them up so they don't kill five people every week. That's not war, that's common sense.
Speaker 4: Well, he said that a full day later, after the idiotic mainstream media dance to his tune, jumped to debate with so little discipline, how have you not figured out in a dozen years that he says over the top things gets you to react to them like they're literally true, embarrass yourselves.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't see it that way. That's that's there. That's catnip to them. They get to rail against Trump and they're mostly lefty viewers love it. How has that worked for you? Though he got elected twice? I just saw this suck in. Their numbers are declining by the moment. Is to forget how you A lot of them are true believers, They're they're just they're delusional.
Speaker 4: Yes, he said, Chicago's about to find out why.
Speaker 2: It's called the Department of War.
Speaker 4: And then I saw serious conversations on CNN. What would this mean? You think the Marines are going to be sent in, will be will be shot?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? You morons? Yeah it is. You gotta admit so to have the president of the High States, I say something like that is looney to Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, if I didn't know who Donald Trump was, I would pick that. But having been around him for oh more than a decade, now I realize he's just he's the troll in chief.
Speaker 2: So the troll and chief has threatened for weeks to send the National ar to Chicago. What is clearly happening is an immigration crackdown where ice will be going in and getting rid of criminals and scumbags, and also illegals who are merely illegals. Probably, But whether the National Guard ends up involved at all is almost entirely functional whether there's violence and insanity. If there's violence and insanity and that prevents ICE from doing their jobs, they will Trump will send in the National Guard.
Speaker 4: Let me interrupt briefly for a tease. Remember to ask me about Prune's life later. Oh, okay, remember member discussion for Friday, Michael Wright that out. Remember to ask me about got it? Okay, something to look forward to. H fat child mutilator JB. Pritzker, the Democrat governor of Illinois. I said, and I quote, the President of the United States is threatening to go to war with an American city.
Speaker 2: This is not a joke. This is not normal. Yes, Illinois won't be intimidated by a wantity dictator literally a joke. Yeah, it's it's an effort at humor designed to provoke laughter or well, as Jack said, it's it's a joke anyway. So a couple of notes about oh, you know what I think, I think idiot Brandon Johnson is quoted in here somewhere.
Speaker 4: Brandon dictator child mutilator for governor and for the mayor, you just.
Speaker 2: Go with idiot. Yeah, yeah, As Jeff Blair wrote a great piece for the National Review, he's talking about the shot spotter thing. Are you familiar with shot spotter? It's a technology that is used in a number of places, including Chicago, was to echo locate live gunfire in bad neighborhoods so the cops can get there quickly and stop the blood lighting if they can. Well, activists, woke lunatics have long said it's a tool of racial oppression because it sends the cops to black neighborhoods disproportionately. Do I even have to explain what's lunatic about that opinion? Probably not anyway. So Brandon Johnson, the athnore mentioned halfwit, promised during his election campaign to get rid of it. But then you remember we were there for that the DNC, the Democratic National Convention, came to town when in the summer, when crime is at it's worst. Anyway, so Johnson hypocritically announced he would be canceling it only after a seven month extension to get the city through the Democratic Convention until September. And then, and Jeff writes, here's the whole story where it transitions from outrage to farce and one of the most inexplicably stupid moves of recent Chicago history. He announced this extension and deal while simult simultaneously insulting shot Spotter as a company in a product at a press conference without remembering to get shot Spotter's signature on the extension first. Well, shot Spotter quite understandably told Johnson they were declining his literally insulting terms and they were simply going to switch off their services the next day, and he had to beg them for an extra two months of winding down to the tune of eight point six million dollars, which the shot Spotter finally said, okay, we'll do it for that. So nice job, Brandon, And there's actually more to that. It's just ridiculous, But I wanted to get to at least part of this. Rich Lowry, the fabulous editor in chief of the National Review. Brandon Johnson is a moron, is the title of his piece, If Mayoral Idiots Here or a justification for a National Guard deployment? Michael grab A grab a clip of Brandon Johnson saying something idiotic? Would you through the years. Uh. If mayoral idiocy were justification for a National Guard deployment, the troops would be headed to Chicago right now. And he's talking about Johnson the other day, going on and on about we cannot incarcerate our way out of violence. We've already tried that, and we've ended up with the largest prison population in the world without solving the problems of crime and violence.
Speaker 4: We're addicted to jails and incarceration, another prison. Just keep locking people up until you don't have crime. Who the people who break the law? Yes, that's an interesting policy. It's racist, it's immoral, it is unholy. It is not the way to drive violence down.
Speaker 2: We cannot return to the same failed strategies that got us here in the first place. And then Rich Lowry goes point by point, year by year and points out how incarceration is indeed an answer to violence. It works consistently. Course it does. There's a sense.
Speaker 4: Offenders from harming anybody else well, And there's a small percentage of people that are ever gonna steal or hurt people. It's a small percentage. You lock them up, then you're done, right.
Speaker 2: So Chicago had nearly six hundred murders last year and the eighth highest homicide rate in the nation. And by the way, homicide rates can be as misleading as they are informative, because in a city like Chicago, you have vast swathes of it where nobody ever gets killed. And it's a big city both geographically and in terms of population. So what you're talking about is the Mrgery neighborhoods which have an astonishing homicide rate, and those people don't deserve to die just because they're black and the offenders are black. Brandon, We're gonna defend our democracy in the city of Chicago. We're gonna protect the humanity of every single person in the city of Chicago. And we got the baddest freaking labor movement in the city of Chicago birth right here. Yeah. I could do twenty minutes without taking a breath on how Brandon and his friends have ruined Chicago public schools because the teachers' union runs them for the union and not for the poor little children, who again frequently are black or brown or whatever.
Speaker 4: So just politically, though overall, I think the wind so easily goes to the side that's trying to crack down on crime. People hear those numbers, the fifty some shot, the eight dead from Labor Day weekend, and when you hear either the governor of the mayor saying we're going to defend Chicago against what trying to stop that?
Speaker 2: What is that? Yeah? We should probably thank Brandon Johnson as a country because Chicago really has developed some great trauma surgeons because they trace so many gunshot wounds. You can have almost sixty people shot and only eight of them die because the prowess of Chicago's surgeons. And we tip our cap to you. Quick note. Charles Layman and the Manhattan Institute pointed two studies that show the effect of incarceration, finding one in one. After Maryland reduced jail time for young adults, offenders committed on average two point eight criminal acts and one and a half serious crimes during the time they otherwise would have been behind bars. Wow. That's per person. Wow. And it's not true that we drastically increased incarceration without effect. Imprisonment began to rise in response to a historic crime wave beginning about a half century ago in the infamous late sixties early seventies, after which that wave finally receded. You can argue how much putting people in prison was responsible for the reduction crime pure, but they clearly played a part. Homicide victimization rates doubled between nineteen sixty and nineteen eighty and didn't begin a consistent decline until the nineteen nineties. From nineteen seventy to ZHO five, a staggering six hundred and seventy four thousand Americans were murdered more than died in all of our wars from World War II on. We've locked up the people who killed other people, and the murder rate plunged. Brandon, you moron.
Speaker 4: And it's such a depressing story. Now how often you hear about I don't even want to mention some of them. I heard over the weekend, Just a tragic story, and the perpetrator had done this before and they were still out.
Speaker 2: It's just awful. And my final final note on this is you look at the emotional data free greeting card illogic of a Brandon Johnson, and you know who is convinced by those awful arguments. Either the very naive, or the completely ideological, or the very young, which is why progressives from Britain to the United States are so enthusiastic about getting sixteen and seventeen year olds to vote, because you can convince a sixteen year old that, look at these incarceration rates, that's proof that it's racist, and therefore we must turn all these people loose from jails because sixteen year olds lack the life experience and critical thinking to understand what is so false, and man, you gotta fight that voting. The age ought to be thirty, never mind sixteen.
Speaker 4: Well, I overnighted prunes from Amazon and update on that story from Friday, and a bunch of other things that we need to get to. World leaders coming to the White House again to talk about Russian and Ukraine, and that'll be at the White House today and tomorrow. Much stuff to get to stay here.
Speaker 2: Scientists say being more optimistic as we age could be an early sign of dementia. In a related story, Biden likes his chances in twenty twenty eight, just came across this.
Speaker 4: Those blue light glasses you wear, pretty good chance that they don't do anything. Latest indication from the American Academy of Ophthalmology blue light filtering glasses don't meaningfully reduce eyestrain or improve sleep or anything else according to the idea being it's the blue light from the devices that somehow do something to your brain.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. It all seemed very reasonable. It seems reasonable for me.
Speaker 4: I'm not like mocking anybody who believed it made sense. But they're saying their latest studies don't show that there's any reason to think they do anything. Really, Okay, all right, you know.
Speaker 2: What's funny, there's a greater point there. The whole we listen to the science, or you know, I represent science or whatever, this view that science having pronounced something is always right and is never overcome and questioning science is somehow a sin and a terrible thing to do. Now, that's precisely what science is. It's questioning everything all the time. That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and studies are hard to replicate and often you get different results. And if this story had any politics behind it, like if Joe Biden had emphasized blue light reading glasses and Trump had been against it or something, I mean, there would be you know, everything would be different around the story.
Speaker 2: Right, So everybody.
Speaker 4: Digs in, Like when you get that new news that came out last week that the ocean hasn't actually a risen.
Speaker 2: I've got more details on that. Okay, cool, yeah, oh yeah, depending on what town you're and there would either be government subsidized blue light classes for junkies or another places bonfires built in blue light classes.
Speaker 4: They were being smashed and burned right right, or people be screaming at you if you were wearing blue light glasses. Light not p America. Oh my gosh, I'll tell this story later. I went to an amazing ceremony yesterday, first one i'd been to of when a kid in boy Scouts gets his Eagle Scout.
Speaker 2: Oh was that powerful something?
Speaker 4: Because my son is in Scouts now, and if somebody in your troop gets Eagle Scout, everybody goes and all the parents and it's a huge deal. I didn't know this, very very cool, but I want to talk about that later because I'd had one picture in there from when he was in Scouting during COVID and I'm sure they were just following their county state laws at the time in California. Two kids in a canoe in a lake with masks on, and I'm sure they were just doing what they had to do to stay out of trouble.
Speaker 2: But I thought that is the craziest thing. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever witnessed by proxy. Oh, you could not pass a respiratory disease from one person to another outdoor in a canoe outdoors if you were promised a million dollars if you could do it, not unless you leapt on top of them and coughed into their face intensely for about half an hour.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure there was the rules, and there was the only way they're going to be able to get to do what they wanted to do. So A Friday ended up talking about to a certain situation I got and why I needed prunes according to my doctor. And again I emphasize I clearly am not using this show to try to get dates, because if I were a date, if this show we're a dating app, that would be a hard swipe.
Speaker 2: Left me talking about eating prunes.
Speaker 4: But so so the doctor told me get a bag of prunes and then you start with one a day, and if that doesn't work, you go to a day and you just keep upping it until you became a you know, as regular as d West mail is what you're looking for But the funny part of it was to me was so I order on Amazon and and we're out doing stuff when we come back and I say, my prunes are here.
Speaker 2: Package was at the door.
Speaker 4: And my son said, that is officially the oldest thing you've ever said, Hey.
Speaker 2: That is That was disappointing.
Speaker 4: I almost had to sit down for a while and think, Wow, that's where I am in my life, where I get in an excited voice. Yes, I don't say hey, look at that girl or maybe a new car or anything. I say hooray, my prunes are here. That's wy I crossed the line there. I'd say, that's disappointing. I'll let you know how it works. Maybe I'll put a graph up.
Speaker 2: Or don't no, no, keep it to yourself.
Speaker 4: I think I'm doing a favor. We got a lot of texts about it. It's I'm not the only person in the world that's ever encountered this. According to all the ads.
Speaker 2: That I see on television. M that's a good point.
Speaker 4: It's an ongoing problem in America. Too much cheese, that's what I say. And apparently it ruins women's moods too.
Speaker 2: According to commercial I keep seeing on Fox news that if your gut isn't regular, your moods aren't either. I don't I've been in the state that you're describing, which I wouldn't am. It's far too refined to mention. But I don't think it ever fouled my mood. So I don't know if he depends how stopped up you are. I guess.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've been following this conversation, kind of an online conversation that maybe you're into or not Twitter, conversation about where do our rights come from? As one prominent US senator democrats that our rights do not come from God. They come from the government that started a whole thing. You talk about that, among other topics on the way. If you miss a segment, get podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: I think it sends a mess, really a message of strength.
Speaker 2: We're very strong.
Speaker 4: That's Donald Trump explaining why it's Secretary of War in is at a Secretary of Defense. Now it's a Department of War. And we'll talk a little bit about that later. I learned some interesting stuff about why we changed it from war to defense that I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I thought I knew everything about it, and I did not, So stay tuned, Okay, intriguing. So speaking of defending ourselves against well somebody, China, we're looking at you. The whole Salt Typhoon hacking attack that you may have heard of, it was way bigger and more significant than was he even discussed. I think it was last year a little before that. Apparently the Chinese may have stolen data from almost every single one of US Americans, not to mention the other eighty countries. Well we're targeted.
Speaker 4: If you just started with TikTok, that would be what seventy percent of the country.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of people have TikTok, and that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, information they steal just by if you download that app.
Speaker 2: Well, right, right, And I know I have saved that article. I can't remember who wrote it, but actual oh, I think it was Michael Pillsbury who wrote The Hundred Year Marathon, which is a great book about China's rise and their intent. But the Chinese intelligence services talk glowingly of TikTok and what a valuable asset it is. And if that isn't enough information for you, I don't know what you need to hear, but anyway, So the sweeping cyber attack by the group known as Salt Typhoon is China's most ambitious. Yeah, targeted more than eighty countries, may have stolen info from nearly every American. They see it as evidence that China's capabilities rivaled those of the US and its allies. It's not clear whether a lot of the stuff was swept up kind of accidentally, and whether it's being stored or anything like that. You know, I, personally, knowing a little bit about China's track record, I suspect that, Yeah, they believe that information is power, even if you don't know how you might use it someday, you just keep it. And then what the fear is that the range of the attack blah blah blah. Security officials warned that the stolen data could allow Chinese intelligence services to exploit global communications networks to track targets, including politicians, spies, and activists. They have everybody's digital footprint.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they act, do they actually have the ability to like coalesce, keep track of somehow, Like they steal all the information from a twenty two year old and that person twenty years from now, becomes a US senator.
Speaker 2: Do they have the ability to keep track of that? I don't have any on you. I'll bet with Ai they do now, maybe because you don't have to have some poor analysts like you know, pawing through millions of pages of digital blankety blank or doing Google searches. You just ask Ai, Hey, Senator Jones, what do we have on him? Here's his last known addresses? Blah blah blah. And in a similar ish story, you remember when the Trump administration's contentious trade talks with China were going to begin last summer, staffers on the House committee focused on US competition with China began to get weird emails from the committee's chairman, John Molinar, who is a Republican congressman from Michigan. Several trade groups, law firms, US government agencies had all received the emails, appearing to be from Molinar, asking for input on the proposed sanctions with which the legislatures were planning to target Beijing. Your insights are essential blah blah blah. Turned out to be the latest in a series of cyber espionage campaigns linked to Beijing. They were impersonating the guy trying to pump anybody for information who's willing to give it to them, And they tied that to when last year I think it was somebody used AI to imitate Marco Rubio's voice, right and had him leaving voicemails to people, to all sorts of foreign officials. That's going to happen a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I wonder And just like in everybody's lives, you're going to get a text that sounds like your wife saying something ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, just as just messing with you, isn't it because it's so easy. Well yeah, apparently, Well, not only do you have Marco Rubio being not you know, I said, I almost said convincingly imitated, But it's not. It's his actual voice emphasized digitally. It's like, you know, if you're a guitar player, you know they have these digital amp what do you call them imitations? There's there's a word for it. Models that actually take the audio data from you know, a Marshall amplifier or whatever, and they can replicate it. You know, the sound waves are the same. So yeah, it's his voice essentially. But yeah, you already have Grandma's getting calls from their grandson saying, hey, I got arrest that I need two hundred dollars bail blah blah blah, send it right away. So yeah, I wonder whether did the Marcos Rubio of the world and the foreign ministers of Britain or whatever, did they already have protocols in place where if I see a phone call coming in it appears to be from you, for instance, and you say, hey, I need to talk to you about blah blah blah, I've been arrested, and yeah, good luck, get it yourself. Click. Uh. Do they have like code words and stuff already. I don't know, because I've heard that suggested that families have that have a code really yes, wow, oh yeah wow, and none of that. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You'd have to be a little naive or inexperienced in the ways of the world to fall for this stuff. Still, But that's that's the thing about scumbags is some of them are pretty smart and they're good at their jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I got a phone call from my son, even if it sounded very convincing, Dad at Sam, I'm in Mexico, I'm in jail, I think, no, you no, you're not you're at school. There's no way you ended up in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Well what about I'm two towns over. I was ditching school and one of my buddies was shoplifting and I was with them, so I got arrested. I need four hundred bucks. Yeah how about click? Uh? Yeah, I hang out with better people. Click. I think you would probably see where you're supposed to send the money. Right, Well, wait a minute, I'm calling the cop shop right, yes, yeah, but a lot of people don't because they're they're not idiots. No, nine, okay. Anyway, So China's got a file on and congratulations. I've said for years, I really hope they have a file on me, because if you know she's in paying me, were to say no, you and your lunkhead partner, No, we don't care what you say or do, that's fine, I would find that hurtful.
Speaker 4: I used AI in my cyber truck yesterday. I used groc in a way that had my children very uncomfortable. But I'll talk about that after I tell you about this trust and will situation. You got that going for you already, you really should peace of mind by making an estate plan now, starting at just one hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 2: This could really help you sleep well at night, right. It's something you know you need to do so your assets aren't you know, involved and bitter legal battles with the government deciding who gets what and the rest of it. But you haven't done it, maybe partly because the expense. But again, you can create and manage that customer state plan starting at one hundred and ninety nine bucks. Do I need a trust or a will? They will guide you through all of that state specific for where you live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Chinese ain't gonna hack it because you got bank level encryption on all this sort of stuff. And the live customer support their chatphone or email is going to help you put this thing together.
Speaker 2: You can actually do it. Yep. You can do this, secure your assets and protect your loved ones with trust and Will. Do this today. Get twenty percent off on your state planned documents by visiting Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. That's Trustendwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a podcast over the weekend where some journalists were talking about how they use AI in their lives and where they think it's going the where they think it's going part. Everybody had a different guess, and boy, who knows, We don't know, but how they were using it now. One Washington Post reporter talk about how every article she runs through AI to look for any logical inconsistencies or that sort of thing. I thought that was really interesting because at some point, I mean, that's what being a good writer is, right, is the ability to not do that. And now you can use AI. So does that eliminate a whole bunch of the talent involved in.
Speaker 2: Being a Washington Post level reporter? Well, about three quarters of the articles I read from the Washington Post have giant logical inconsistencies in them. Well, this is one of the good reporters, but good in my opinion.
Speaker 4: I thought that was interesting in a more frivolous way for using AI. And I would assume soon every car is going to have AI in it. So Tesla's have groc in it now, because that's Elon's AI that he's put billions of dollars into, and it's right there in your car, and I can just tap the screen and like yesterday, we're listening to a jazz song on the way to eat breakfast, and I just tapped Groc. I said, hey, who's playing trumpet on this song? And the AI chick said, oh, that's Wayne Shorter. Isn't it amazing? He really kills it on here, she says to me, and again, cool and disturbing. Cool and disturbing. And my kids are like, I hate that. They hated the voice and the way it sounded so like conversational. It is kind of weird.
Speaker 2: You're a silicon chip. Why do you have an opinion on jazz?
Speaker 4: And I said, hey, Groc, I'm taking my two boys to I Hop for pancakes. Is that a good idea nutritionally? Oh boy, that's a tough one. She says. Pancakes are loaded with carbs. If you go with the whole grain, it'd be a lot better. And don't use the syrup. But you know they are, she says, but they are delicious. And leave out the butter too. Boys, here's some nice, dry, whole week pant And my high schooler in the back seat says, stop doing that. I hate this thing. And I said, hey, Groc. My high schooler only answers in one word questions.
Speaker 2: Is there anything I can do about that?
Speaker 4: And she said, oh, high schooler can be so surly. Sometimes it's just hormones and sometimes Dad stop.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's very funny. That is hilarious. It is weird how she talks to you, though, Yeah, and I wonder how other people react.
Speaker 4: My natural reaction and then watching my kids their natural reaction to that conversational.
Speaker 2: Weird buddy's style is like revulsion.
Speaker 4: I mean, right, it's a terry uncanny Valley syndrome, which is what that's things that are nearly human disturb us. It must not disturb everybody. As I've heard stories of people getting into relationships or whatever with their aim. I'm immediately turned off by the fact that it's trying to sound like a person. It gives me the willies, like practically chills. Well, right, but you proved my point, your point right there. You hear these stories about people who get into relationships with a or the AI helps them kill themselves or whatever. Yes, they don't sense the weirdness in the threat there.
Speaker 2: So they end up being swept away by it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's funny, how odd how repulsed my kids were to her, her tone of voice, in the way she talked.
Speaker 2: Just Dad, you gotta stop it's killing me. That's it's interesting. Good.
Speaker 4: I hope that we all react that way. Of course, it's probably going to get better at it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The questions are going to get more personal too, from AI them asking us yes, yeah, well I don't I haven't gone down that road with anything with AI so well, other than hacking again, you're a bag of silicon chips.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you anything you want to know. I don't care. You're not a person. It's weird. Although the privacy thing is, you know, significant.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you assume that soon every car will have this in it within five years?
Speaker 2: I don't see why not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's pretty handy for the like the song thing was cool, or uh, we want to go to IHA? Is there one around here? Oh yeah, just go up two blocks and turn left. You know that sort of stuff is pretty handy. Yeah, No, asking how to raise teenagers, I don't know. Maybe that crosses a line.
Speaker 2: You like, I hop more than anybody I've ever known.
Speaker 4: They make great pancakes. They're good at pancakes. Their other stuff is marginal, But if you want a pancake, they're pretty good at it. Oh yeah, you know, what the main thing is though, and this probably makes your point not mine the diversity.
Speaker 1: Because it's international, right, There's not a line every other breakfast place we want to go to, especially on a Sunday, it's going to be an hour wait, and we ain't waiting an hour.
Speaker 2: To eat our breakfast. I go to, I hop, we walk in, we leave, so nobody wants to eat, so you can just sit right down. That's that's a good recommendation, No kidding.
Speaker 4: Uh, where do we get our rights from God or from the government. We do have to get into that conversation at some point.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Tim Kaine ought to be heaved out of the Senate, like the popular Consent, among other things. On the way stay here.
Speaker 4: So Donald Trump, as we broadcast, is speaking at the Museum of the Bible there in Washington, d C. Which I stayed in the hotel right next to it when I was there last year. But for whatever reason we were there. What holiday was I there over there?
Speaker 2: Anyway? It was closed.
Speaker 4: I wanted to go because I'm a Bible fan, and I thought it was That's exactly right. I thought it'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump was just talking about how he's end wokesm in their war on religion and the Bible and.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Apparently I hasn't reached an idiot idiot Tim Kain, who's a Democratic senator from Virginia.
Speaker 2: He was Hillary's running mate, that is correct.
Speaker 4: He was eighty thousand votes away from being vice president of the United States, and he said this the other day.
Speaker 6: That rights don't come from laws and don't come from the government, but come from the creator. That's what the Iranian government believes. It's a theocratic regime that bases its rule on Shia law and target soonies behinds, Jews, Christians, and other religious minorities. And they do it because they believe that they understand what natural rights are from their creator. So the statement that our rights do not come from our laws or our governments is extremely troubling.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, I had read it, but for some reason, hearing it is even worse. So it was in a reaction to a conversation about where our rights come from.
Speaker 1: And our.
Speaker 4: Former politician from the very state he represents, named Thomas Jefferson, among others, specifically say in our founding documents that our rights come from our creator. But he said that that was and over again. Yes, and he repeated it. By the way, it was for a hearing for.
Speaker 2: An appointee who had said, well, I believe, you know, our natural rights come from God blah blah blah, and so Tim was trying to tear her down. Apparently more on that process and how screwed up it is. But yeah, yeah, you know, I was gonna say, hey, Tim, Tim, I'm going to play a guessing game with you. I'm thinking about a Virginian. He's been dead a long time. Tall, kind of sandy haired, liked architecture, drank a little wine, wrote pretty well, does it ring any bells? Because he said over and over again in the very documents that explained why this country was going to exist, that our rights come from God and cannot be taken away by any human. Well, it's it's funny, he said.
Speaker 4: It was disturbing the idea that our rights come from God or nature or whatever you want to call it. I find it beyond disturbing that we have a US senator that was willing to say.
Speaker 2: Out loud, all of our rights come from government.
Speaker 4: They all belong to government, and if they give us anything that we have a right to, they gave it to us and they can take it back, which is absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the definition of a gaff that they use these days, right, he accidentally said what he actually believes. That's what a lot of lefty people believe. That our rights come from government, and the government can give them or take them away as they place. There are no sacred rights, there are no permanent rights. There's just what the government gives us. You said it out loud. He mocked the idea that we're in doubt by our creator with certain uninalienable rights, and that is not only true but self evident. He mocked that that.
Speaker 4: Is wild, I'd say, did he think there'd be no pushback on that saying the opposite of what our founding documents say.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's heard it now. Probably worth pointing out that Jefferson's nemesis, Alexander Hamilton, believe that these sacred rights of mankind are written as with a sunbeam in the whole volume, and human nature by the hand of the Divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power. He was joined by John Adams, James Wilson, John Dickinson, and all the rest of the Founding Fathers and saying exactly the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the government didn't give us the right to free speech. We are born all men of everyone on earth with the right free speech. The only way you don't have it is if a government takes it away from you.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of governments around the world have Yeah. Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln also believed that the right to enjoy liberty is inalienable. To invade it is to usurp the prerogative of Jehovah. And for instance, again, a guy who was just a couple of tens of thousands of votes away from being Vice President of the United States, finds it disturbing that someone would think that what you just said all those people agree with. Yeah, that's wild. Yeah. Is he an ignoramus and just doesn't know this, or is he again just saying what he believes out loud. Finally, I don't know. It's probably. I don't know.
Speaker 4: If he were a Republican who had said something like that the other direction, he would be questioned on it by the press. But since he's a Democrat, he will not be.
Speaker 2: Sandy Armstrong and Getty