Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody in Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Picked. Sign up for Prize Pick today with that promo code leading off. Make sure you use that promo code when you do. It's me Joey p Joe piece of via. That of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. You're watching us live. Welcome especially for the first time. I love the first time Peanuts and Cracker Jacks is a great moment. Everybody gets super excited. Welsh. We've got a great question from the gallery right out of the bat. This is from Zach Zach Rodkowitz, the rod Kowitzes of Rochester, New York. Who are some more established pictures with upside. I'd be able to trade Mitch Keller for Zach. I don't want to trade Mitch Keller. What do you think, Welsh? Do you think Mitch Keller can be dealt for a established struggling picture, because I don't think you want to deal him for a guy like Manoa. I don't know if you want to deal him for an older guy like a Sures or somebody like that. To me, you're right in the wave of Mitch Keller, what do you think.
Speaker 2: Ooh, Minoa is a really good one that's actually really good of like the struggly higher name type of ruggle.
Speaker 1: He was putting it lightly. I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I kind of might agree with you on that. I'm not sure that I'm trading him even for Minoa, even though you know, if it bounces back it would be great. I think you could look at Mitch Keller. Maybe if you are fearful it's gonna break down, maybe you could look at some of the Mariners guys, like you know, George Kirby, had the strikeouts haven't been there. I had kind of designated him as a guy to look at trading at his high recently because the strikeouts weren't there. But he's also just a great baseline player, so maybe you could look at him again. A logan Gilbert in there. I just don't know if I'm jumping in the pool. I'm trying to I'm looking at names right now. Well, I don't. I don't know if I would want to.
Speaker 1: Jump out on Sunday in our big Mitch Keller conversation. This was before the latest giant Mitch Keller Strikeout Extravaganza. He was basically saying, Hey, the same thing I do, which is, you drafted Mitch Keller late, you got a value. I understand the thought process of like I'm a little concerned, but you know, at some point maybe it falls off. But I think when you're looking at a player like Mitch Keller, Zach, this is a player that you've struck gold on, I don't think he carries enough weight to really bring you back a big time Zach Wheeler arm or something like that. Or Guys, you're not gonna get Zach Gallon. You're not gonna get anybody named Zach basically Zach. So if you're looking for another Zach, you're not gonna get him. I'm just riding the Mitch Keller wave until it crashes into the into the EU.
Speaker 2: I'd also say that like, most likely you're not going to trade a pitcher for a pitcher in leagues, like rarely does that happen, Like why, Like the matchup doesn't really fit, So you're more likely to trade Mitch Keller to get another position. So that's how those trades will end up.
Speaker 1: Looking like getting Julio for Mitch Keller. You know, what I mean, that's no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I see. I think these are the this is the worst, these type of guys because he's like a late bloomer. These are the type of guys that the trade value never returns what they're putting for you on your fantasy team. So I just like, you don't know how to justify it unless someone is really willing to pay up.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Maybe you get like a you know, Corbyn Carrol, or you can get one of those guys that Steel Spaces that's struggling a little bit right now. You can go up by the way, if you ever watch that series Zach Morris is the worst or whatever.
Speaker 1: Zach Morris.
Speaker 2: It's trash. Yeah, that's what it is. It's funny.
Speaker 1: You can get Zach Morris for him maybe may to be named later. There you go. By the way, Eric in the chat trolling me Max months, he says, hello, Eric, get out, get out out of the chat. Does what happens like when your dog eats a pillow or something in your house? Just get out.
Speaker 2: I wish we had like the clip like just ready to play, and we could do it in like black and white where it's Joe's like or three black over all the Homers and follow.
Speaker 1: Whatever. All right, Hey, look man, sometimes one sometimes you meet the bear. Sometimes the bear he eats you. Let's get to some of the headlines from yesterday's baseball game. Jack Flaherty is Jack back ten ten strikeouts for Jack Flaherty, the Cardinals beating up on the Brewers eighteen to one. So this was an absolute just murder fast here. Parolta was not good, so that was no bueno. But I told you yesterday do the different picture combination of you have Parolta. Hope we had more than one. Yesterday was a multi entry kind of day in DFS, but seventeen swings and misses on the ten strikeouts, that was a high. He still above five. Are you buying the renaissance of Jack Flaherty, Welsh because last night was pretty convincing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm not like the biggest buy on Jack Flarity, but it's pretty impressive. Guy had twenty one walks in April. He's down to eight right now, and that was through six starts. He's through three starts right here, so you know it's cut down a little bit. Strikeouts have been there. He's a little bit more effective. I feel like there's more confidence with all this crazy Wilson Controllers thing that's going on.
Speaker 1: Who is now back and catching by the way, everybody, Yeah he caught that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah he caught that game. He also, like Jack Flaherty, has had a little bit of like like little whiny at times, and he was very kind of like blaming everybody else. And I don't know if you saw a couple weeks back, he's like a report, don't talk to me about like the walks and stuff and whatever. And then finally this last couple of days he's taken some ownership of the issues with contraras and blaming himself instead of you know, blaming literally everybody else. So maybe he's just settling in and feeling a little bit more comfortable. I still think he's eh, he's just overall like he's better than he was, so you can get a higher return, like you could have the return you would have got for what you traded for him for a couple of weeks ago. Looks a lot better now, but I don't know how much higher it goes. I think he can get into the low four era, the low four era range, then he could strike out six or seven on a night. But he's gonna walk, he's gonna give up earned runs. So I'm uh, I'm kinda.
Speaker 1: It's just funny because Flowery is one of these guys that looked like he was an emerging ace in Fantasy a couple of years ago, and injuries and inconsistencies really just kind of fell off the map for him. Here's why he gotta love this, Dylan Love wants us to grade the trade. Here you go, you gotta I gotta love when everyone does this after the fact. You got to do this before because nobody's ever happy when they ask us to do this. But we'll do it anyway, Dylan, because we love you and your last name is Love. Hey, guys, I traded away Freddy Peralta and Jared Kelnick and received Jacob de Gram. What do you guys think? Well, I think he gave up two players for one player that ever plays, So there you go.
Speaker 2: So I don't like it so well, I mean, Freddy Peralta got lit up yesterday. Jared Kelnick is cooling off. I think this is a next way. I think this is a calculated fun trade. You put on a ton of risk, though, because Jacob Gram's not back, and they're like, yeah, we think will be backham like two or three weeks. So there's a ton of in sort of risk, but like you have the best upside here. I think Freddy Parlt is coming back to earth. Jared Kellick's kind of coming back to earth. So like if de Gram is out there, it's a freaking steal, it's a freaking steal. But the question and the problem has been his health this whole year, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is like if you're putting like a grade to it, I would probably a grade this like a B. And I think Joe probably grades this a D.
Speaker 1: D mean, yeah, it's a big D anyway, I was saying, a big D. Michael Waka carried a no hit been into the eighth inning yesterday ultimately just one hit ended up giving up against the Royals. So eleven strikeouts from Michael Waka if you had that on your bingo card. I love these games. I feel like last night was one of those knights in baseball where we all get up the next day and go, what the hell did I just see? And this happens. I would say once every seven to ten days we get one.
Speaker 2: Of these blackout drunkers. What do we do.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like everybody got roofyed. The next thing you know, wake up and joy Minss went four for five with three doubles. So there you go, and C. J. Abrams continues to kill the Mets as the entire Washington Nationals continue to show you. Otani picked up his fifth victory, but allowed five runs on four hits, so not the best outing. Otani struggling, just it's had lately.
Speaker 2: Get the props.
Speaker 1: Now. Speaking of winners, by the way and victorious things, we have one. So here you go, boom. This is from our April giveaway. We said we're gonna give a premium subscription of Fantasy Pros for one year, so takes you through baseball season, takes you through NFL Draft season, and then again next year through MLB Draft season. Yet again, the winner there is Jeff Thomas. So Jeff, congratulations, you're the big winner. Hit us up at mail bag at Fantasy Pros again. Mail Bag at Fantasypros dot com. That's the email address, and we will get you all set up again. Jeff Thomas, congrats, and if you want to enter to win the free premium giveaway. Just drop a comment below, be a subscriber a Fantasy pros MLB on YouTube, and again comment on this video or any video that you like, and it could be you and may So there you go, giving away free stuff.
Speaker 2: Well his comment was making me laugh too, because it almost was. It seemed like one of those bots at first, because it was like, I think you guys are too popular, and I was like what, and then it was oh, because people keep swooping up the guys that we give advice on.
Speaker 1: So every time I try and follow your advice, he said, someone in my league has already been in it. All right, So there you go. You gotta be a little quicker. So that's why you watch us live, you know if you can. This is why you watch the you listen to the podcast, or you watch back on YouTube. You miss all the fun. All right, let's do the rookie lookie for the day. Brenton Doyle went three for four with a pair of home runs. Three rebbies. Do we care?
Speaker 2: I already forgot about the rookie lookie. You actually you confused me there for a minute, and you scared me on it. Brenton Doyle. I think we should be. I was very dismissive, dismissive of Brenton Doyle. You were always higher Aodoyle rules. By the way, his age to level was always kind of a discrepancy, which was something that I was a little bit dismissive of. But listen, he can steal. He's got six stolen bases so far this show in Colorado. Four homers is great, but would point out his hard hit numbers are nothing crazy impressive. His strikeout rate is over thirty percent, which I don't love, but his XBA is pretty stable. Right now, he's got a gig. It's the most hitter friendly place that you could probably imagine, and it truly the stolen bases that are kind of getting me going. And he's playing awesome defense. So for the defense alone, that's going to keep him on the field and for him to I don't know, put out like a five tool ability. Yeah, I think we should pay attention to him in probably deeper twelve team leagues, ten team leagues. I mean, you could probably stream lots of guys. I'm probably not interested, but twelve team sure, five outfielder think you can find.
Speaker 1: A spot all right, So a lot of people in the chat asking about TODJ. Bradley, and it looks like he's under consideration basically, so Todge Bradley and Cooper chris Well, who I'm pretty sure. I mean, if you were named Cooper chris Well, I'm pretty sure you have a Country Code membership. Like I think that's just part of of cools. I have the nice wa salad please and a nice draw show today. But look, I don't know if it's going to be Todge Bradley or not. Nobody knows quite yet. But if he's floating around the way wired him now like this is what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: I think you should have already done that. Regardless of I know.
Speaker 1: I know you should go do that. You shouldn't players that play for Jacob de Gram either.
Speaker 2: But pause and go do it right now and then come and.
Speaker 1: Go pause it up. Well, you can do both. I mean, we can multitask and you can listen to the show at the same time you're making moves on the apps or wherever you're doing or or Welsh. If you were smart, if you were smart and you had already my playbook, you could be doing this stuff and you could be adding these things. Look at that. Look at the perfect segue. If you haven't had my playbook already again, the lineup assistant, the waiver assistant, the trade analyzer, everything's there for you. It's free to get it downloaded. That way you can manage all your teams. You could set your lineup too, different platforms, different leagues, doesn't matter. You can set all your lines from one spot on my playbook. And if your premium you get all kinds of weather bells and whistles too. They're amazing X rays for many Muchatda's left hand camback negative. So that's good if you're geta hit by a pitch. Yesterday, more injury news, Cody Bellinger pulled from the Astros game. He went for a ball and he came up to the lame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an amazing ith. Yeah, came on his ankle. So so there we go.
Speaker 1: We'll see what that means. So prayers for Cody Bellinger. CJ. Crohne went on the ten day IL with the backspass, as we mentioned yesterday and also mentioned yesterday Anthony Rendone when you know it did end up on the IL after all, retroactive with a left groin strain. So just Yeah, Corey Seeger is gonna be back in the next couple of days, so that's good news. And Pete Fairbanks was back yesterday, so there you go. Good news. Here we go, Three up, three down, or otherwise known as the Max Mounsey segment of the show. Three for five two homer three RBIs for Max Munsey. They won an extras yesterday, cal Rawley, did you know? Did you know?
Speaker 2: I have a little did you know segment? Did Joe know that Max Munsey leads the league in homers?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did actually know that.
Speaker 2: Oh you did know? Yeah, I'm sure you know that. Lots of people told you.
Speaker 1: I knew anyway, But wonkey here saying Cooper Chriswell got lost on his way to lacrosse practice one hundred. He plays lacrosse without a doubt, and I don't think that I'm not not a negative thing in the lacrosse I'm just saying, Cooper chris Well plays across. Did you see that poster the other night that said, uh, I forget what route it was where said Mookie bets eats corn the long way?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. There's something I really do love, like absurd, the absurd signs like those.
Speaker 1: I love the ones that are more ethereal and bizarre and you have to stop and thinks for a second.
Speaker 2: Are signs going to be somebody?
Speaker 1: There's used to be somebody a couple years ago. Do you remember this? I think it was are the Mets games that had like weird signs like that all the time, like you know, you know, I don't know. It's like Jeff McNeil all his clothes are dry clean only or things like that. It was just really funny.
Speaker 2: I feel like people get it in their system. But are signs going away? Like wrestling still has the stranglehold. I feel like eighty percent signs.
Speaker 1: You go back and watch an old school Attitude era, you can't see a person. It's all signs now. I mean, I've been so much wrestling in the last ten years.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying like in general, like signs are like wrestling is the big one. Those are going away? I don't see there's not a big sign thing going on in sports. You, by the way, thank god that can go the way with the wave. You know we can well, because if.
Speaker 1: You're sitting behind that person you can't see, it's pretty annoying.
Speaker 2: You should be able to keep it afici should you be.
Speaker 1: Able to punch Aaron Judge who had another two home runs for the second time in three days. Apparently everyone look at the side get that side I we should have put that together. That's on us. I just realized it. Now, the side eye meme for Aaron Judge. Somebody in our social media, here's Ryan Wonky. Get Ryan on the phone right now, get him tweeting something about Aaron Judge with the side eye. That is the perfect TikTok to make right now. Uh so what do you make it of this? I mean sign stealing a piece of baseball that we all understand and know obviously it was getting sent to him. So do you think there's gonna be a trouble in paradise here in Judge of the Inks?
Speaker 2: Maybe this is a hot take.
Speaker 1: Like I don't care. I don't know either.
Speaker 2: They're so much but there is so much care on that, like so much. So Wonky was like, you have to talk about this, like you have to talk about this in our in our chat we all have, but like, I don't care that he he was doing this, like to be honest with the unsurprised more players not like looking back at the catcher and stuff. That feels very unwritten rule. They're not having tective. They're not like that uh Juco team that had the devices inside the helmets and stuff. I don't know if they figured so. I've always I've always been like this, if they figure something out and they want to share the information, I just don't know what the problem with that is, especially if it's the figure it out like cameras in trash Can.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess trash can.
Speaker 1: As long as you're not using the digital devices and that's the thing. And people got so mad about the astros, and all I kept saying was, well, they got so mad because they found a better way to do it than anybody else that wasn't necessarily like the digit like they figured it out and then they you know, banging the trash can or something instead of you know, there was that a lot of smoke around the whole Yankees thing with iPhones and the eye watches whatever the hell was a lot of things going on. There were all the Apple watch stuff of disappeared.
Speaker 2: I will admit it was weird though that like we've never seen this before, and then all of a sudden in this game. He's just everything. He's just like, want.
Speaker 1: Us to do sideiye at each other.
Speaker 2: By the way this is, it's like going the wrong direction. So I was going the wrong I think No, I think.
Speaker 1: I was all right, so go the way you were?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is right right, So we're looking at each other.
Speaker 1: I don't know which way. It's very difficult because the cameras reversal. I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was. I think we were going the right way.
Speaker 1: That's all right, let's move on here. Now. Usually we do three downs, but this down was so bad. He's going to get the standalone down. Okay, this is this is embarrassing. And yesterday I thought he was a value because I thought there was I smelled runs in that game, and I was right for Seattle. Oh my god, if he had Seattle yesterday, you crush right. Colton Long went over five last night for the Mariners. Over five. They scored ten runs, and he went over five. And they brought in a position player to pitch, and he got up with the bases loaded. And I watched this at bat and I'm like, all right, he's over four. He's gonna get a hit here against a position player and he flies out to right field. It was embarrassing. You can't get a hit off of the position player pitch.
Speaker 2: He's not good, like I don't anytime Colton Wong's out there, I'm like, no, it's unfortunately, he's no good at all for anybody.
Speaker 1: People are saying he's gonna that Aaron Judge is gonna get drilled today. No he's not. Maybe if it was nineteen sixty seven, he'd get drilled, but not in modern day bait in the way. I don't think he does.
Speaker 2: I bet you I wouldn't be shocked if he does.
Speaker 1: But I don't think he gets drilled somebody. I mean, I wouldn't drill Aaron Judge. He's enormous. Why would you hit.
Speaker 2: That they're gonna do. They're gonna drill DJ Lemah here or Anthony.
Speaker 1: FOI that's right, Yeah, hit Anthony Volpi. Let him, don't.
Speaker 2: You might know a guy. You might know a guy though.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe his uncle comes over. I know a guy. His name is Welsh. He's really good at picking prizes on prize Picks. Enter right now with the promo code leading off. Use that code when he signed up at prize Picks today. Download the app or go to prize picks dot Com and you get one hundred percent to posit a match up to one hundred dollars. All right, Welsh, what do you got for the prize picking on the Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Yesterday it was okay. The Alonso didn't work out. The other two did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: George Kirby was free yesterday. Just want to everybody. It was absolutely free. It's ridiculous. That's why I picked him out today. I've talked about this before. Today. I am officially on the haters ball for prize Picks. I am doing a Haters Picks today and it is all unders, and I don't know how it's gonna work, but we're gonna play it out because I really like them just in general. So this is the Haters Prize pick of the day. All unders. We are hating on guys to have any offense. And I have attacked hits plus runs plus RBI because they're giving us some gifts here. So these are all one and a half. So if they don't get two between a hit a run in RBI, you cash first up on the Haters Picks. Carlos Santana one point five hits run RBI yes, thank you. I think he's accomplished this once in the last five games. Number two, jan Ya Pez hits runs RBI under one and a half. I don't think he's done this in the last four or five, and Matt Vierling hits run RBI one point five. This is saying all those guys have to get too between a run an RBI and a hit. I do not believe that's going to happen. And I am going up against them, Carlos Santana, Wanya Pez, Vierling all under. It's the haters price pick for the day. Haters, I really hope it cashes.
Speaker 1: Hater's gonna hate hate hate, mm hmm. I'm just gonna shake, shake shake. By the way, we're getting closer and closer to the Taylor Swift concert here in my house, and I just found out about something today that I did not know existed, but apparently people are doing called tailorgating. Have you heard about this where they're going ahead of the concert and they're having some fun. The ladies are out there having some fun in the parking lot. Fun Joe tailorgating. I don't know, uh, but.
Speaker 2: Uh I kind of parking lo was fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but if I wasn't going with my kids, it sounds like a good time. I'll go there. You know, everyone's you know, pre showing it up, up drinking Margarita's. You know. I think having a good time sounds like fun. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't do a lot of concerts, and I haven't done a concert in a long time. But I think back to one of my very first concerts ever was Rage Against the Machine and Gang Star opened up for them, And if you can think of all of that, and I just sit here when you tell me about that, and I wonder, I wonder what the similarities to a Rage Against the Machine Gangstar concert is to Taylor Swift. I wonder if there are any similarities show wait, the similarity, crowd, the experience, maybe if you bump into someone. I remember I bumped into someone. I was like, oh hey, sorry, and the guy was like mad that I apologize. Like do you think that happens to Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: They're like, I don't know. I think it's gonna be wild. I was at a Pink concert a couple of years ago. She's terrific. But the crazy part about that one was I was next to. I was there with my daughters, and then next to me were two you know, middle aged women who were out there. They were out, they were out that night, okay, they were out there to see Pink. And the opening act was this Jewelam Michael's woman, and she was not great, and all she was doing was talking about her feelings and singing these songs that were very millennialish, and these two women next to me were hilarious and not having it. They were booing and screaming for her to get off the stage and just let Pink come on it because they were there for Pink, not for you, you twenty year old, thin blonde woman singing no, no, no, not there for her. They were there for Pink, singing about feelings and problems in real life stuff. And it was hysterical.
Speaker 2: They were what did you have to rob or bribe to get those tickets?
Speaker 1: By the way, well they're expensive. What the Taylor Swift ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I actually bought them live on air during one of our live streams of Fantasy program. Oh really, because I was there at ten o'clock in the morning like everybody else, waiting for Nymers and that weird thing. And I knew as soon as the live streams started. Of course it was come back on and God bless Andrew Rickson. I told my kids, you better thank ganrew Erckson because he covered me. I literally said, all right, Andrew, I'm gonna go, and then I you know, finally it was like playing whack a mole. It was so it was the most nerve wracking five minutes of my life because every time you clicked on a seat, they would disappear because all the pots were in there. Obviously there was some problems, but I got them. Father of the Year price picks Christian Haavey are seven and a half strikeouts. I'm gonna go the under on this one. It's a big number. Justin Steel four. I'm gonna go over on this one because it's such a low number. Paul Golchman, who is spoiler, gonna get mentioned later on also in on Now yesterday, the parlay that I put together again, if you bet it separately, you still kind of were pushed. Actually, you probably came out positive you bet, because two out of three actually hit. But I will say this, if you cashed out there during that wacky comeback of Minnesota, if you hung into that Minnesota game and you're watching live, and this is one of those things you can do. If you put a game that's in the late slate, if you win the first two, you can kind of wash. You can cash out. If you're feeling good about it, you could wait. So I was waiting. It was going down, and then it started to go up again. I just cashed out. I was like, okay, let me get out on a high note before and I want to leave this the chance. If you did that, you still made out pretty good yesterday. Today, I want to put together get ready for it. I know it's Louis Castillo. I think after all those runs last night, I think Boston responds a little bit. I'm gonna go Red Sox on the money line plus one thirty eight, getting a huge number on this. I know it's against Castillo, but I was pretty good with these upsets, pretty good yesterday with the upset two Manoa is owning the Yankees his whole career. We went opo yesterday Saint Louis Cardinals again with Montgomery. This is a heavy minus. Put this along with the Parlay and the Texas Rangers and Dane Dunning against Schuster and the Braves minus one zero six. I love that one today on separate so I would go Red Sox separately, Rangers separately. Don't bet Saint Louis because the juice is too much. If you put the Red Sox, Cards and Rangers all together, three leg parlay, you get six to one. Boom, get ten bucks on that, you win sixty. It's a good day. You take the family out for I don't know, for Rita's and pizza or something like that. Justin Verlander, six and a half. K's going the under against Stampa. Luis Castillo. Four and a half is a very small number. I'm gonna go the over. You're getting heavy juice, but that's okay, and I'm looking for a big game at a Kershaw tonight and a half. K's minus one thirty. He has been absolutely spectacular. If you put those three together two you can get six to one on those three that I just mentioned. Also if you want to play them separately or together. Wels, what do you have for the people here? On Tuesday's betting line?
Speaker 2: All right, I got four plays today that I was cooking up last night. Number one my favorite, the you know got you guys to know I love the team total runs through the first five innings. My play for the day on that is the Texas Rangers, who you mentioned on the money line going up against Jared Schuster loves to give up five runs or more in five innings, so I'm gonna go with two and a half runs. It's about minus one ten right now, so two and a half runs over first five Texas Rangers. I also am gonna go with the Angels Baltimore over through the first five, which is at five. You've got Silseth and Kremer up there, and both those guys are going to get hit up a bet. I think the Angels are gonna I was tempted to go with the Angels team total runs as well, but I went with the over through the first five, which is five runs that is minus one A couple props. I like Luis Ortiz today going up against the Tigers four and a half strikeouts. He didn't hit that in his first start. He was still trying to get acclimated. I think he'll get there. Tigers like to strike out minus one to ten. I'm looking for five strikeouts from Louise Ortiz, and I got a hits parlay Ali Richman, Jose Ramirez get one hit. It's essentially even money. It's minus one oh four. So Adley Ramirez one hit each BAM. Pair those together and I placed a little bet bet down on that one. So those are my four plays for the day.
Speaker 1: I had an initial instinct this morning when I got up and looking at the slate and I know, you know Kershaw and see people mentioning it in the chat too, that you know Kershaw's mom passed away this weekend was Mother's Day. Very emotional thing, very close relationship. Sometimes that works to people's favors and there's like a special moment that happens. Sometimes it's just a lot going on. So I mean, Kershaw is the ultimate professional, so I imagine it's going to be probably more the former than the ladder. But speaking of ladders, is this a ladder bet opportunity? See what I did there where maybe Kershaw has a really special game tonight against a Minnesota team that strikes out A's Tony.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a possibility, I mean.
Speaker 1: Really tempting to me.
Speaker 2: I could see doing it. And if you did it, if it's at seven and a half, go back to what we talked about before seven is where you go and you put your two units. You do your unit and a half or unit on the eight, and then you do a half a unit on nine, and then or you know, you can adjust it however you want between two units down to a quarter unit, you can play it. I have a hard time with like kersh on numbers. They don't quite add up to me this year where I want to play them. I'm looking for more of an edge. This actually might be the thing that jumps up to everybody is kind of that extra edge then a little extra push, so you could do it. I'm not but I do think you might be able to easily cast your top units, which is like your core, and that kind of buys you. That buys you the ability to play those others out.
Speaker 1: So if you got heavy, if you have enough capital, you can do the six. Then like you said, do the seven, I wouldn't go to double digits. I would do six to seven, eight nine. I think that's the rate.
Speaker 2: The problem is six is going to be juiced to probably like two fifty or three hundred or something.
Speaker 1: Certain number depends on your capital, depends on what you're working with here. I like this Faby is here, who also said that I think you said earlier something about ping songs are very relatable to me, and they are, and Faby joining us here. He used to listen to the podcast or she. I don't know who Faby is, a male or a woman, but Faby is its own entity. Used to listen to the podcast version now every day here in the chat because the chat is can't miss see the peanuts and the cracker Jacks very popular. You know what else is popular? Welsh? I know Welsh loves it. Big fan of is so rare. That's right, everybody, make sure you joined today if you haven't, it's free fantasypros dot com slash collect. You sign up today, you build, you manage your fantasy baseball teams like a pro h and they've got all digital cards from thirty major league teams. You draft your team, you get your packs, you go and enter and I actually, ironically you know what I want yesterday an Aaron Judge card. So there, I.
Speaker 2: Got a bigger thing to mention with, so rare and bigger than Aaron Judge. Bigger than Aaron Judge. You can sig eide your whole way. We'll talk about it all week, but it is available right now. We are starting up a so rare league where you guys will be able to play against Joe and myself. There's going to be card prizes and there's even a couple MLB dot Tv subscriptions on the line. So go to Fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off League. So think about it. We do the betting group, we have the home run calls. This is another one on sowhere where we be able to play against each other and your main lineups also go against the main slate that they've got going on. We'll be playing two different types of tournaments, so come and check it out Leading Off League Fantasypros dot Com Leading Off League, and you guys can join up. Sign up when we can all play against each other.
Speaker 1: Boom, there you go. By the way, here you go. Wonkey seeing three Pink three times this summer. I am also I'm going to be seeing her for the third time. Actually I've seen her twice already. She's great, It's terrific. She sings better upside down than most people do standing up. Unbelievable DFS picks. Here we go for the day. Kevin Gosmen here's all right, we lay out the plan for everybody. Let me stop, let me pump the brakes. Okay, So here's today's plan. There's the high range starting pitchers right on the main slate. Then there's a couple mid tier guys that are interesting, and then there's the punt starting pitching and go boss to the wall offense in spots like Colorado, Cincinnati and a couple other games. Seattle also could potentially, you know, in Boston, have some runs there. Well, maybe more of the Seattle side again, but here we go. Kevin Gosman eleven, k, Verlander ten point eight, Castillo a ten point two. Now I prefer the Verlander Gossman again. You can kind of swap them out. But if you go down the peg a little bit, you have interesting mid tier. And there's a ton today of four outcome games where good pictures are going against each other, like Steel's been very good. You want to go Apo against Christian Javier, You could do that. There's lots of ways to win tournaments today or at least kind of move up the chart, but you've got to be different today. Zach Wheeler nine point four, another one of those matchups. But I would go on that side of that matchup. Jordan Montgomery at eight point six, very cost effective, but Dame Dunning is just six point a k. Fascinating play today against I think a little bit of a vulnerable Braves team right now with Shuster on the mount. So he's a fascinating one to get you all the offense you want, Mets, Cincinnati, Saint Louis, Colorado, all those bats, whatever you want to play there values today cal Rawley Matt McClain two k. Again, if you need to go up the board to verlind Or Gossman, Matt McClain is the one to do it. And Francisco Alvarez two point four. Would you think of Matt McLain yesterday and get seen a highlights him?
Speaker 2: Yep, he is double. When his first hit was a monster. It was an absolute monster. You could see the speed in full force.
Speaker 1: He looked pretty good.
Speaker 2: I will point out, though, what's the one thing I said? I said, like he likes to hit high pitches and low is what I'm worried about. And he smacked a high sk the.
Speaker 1: Same thing as the younger sister in the league of their own. She likes the high ones.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much Matt and he likes the high ones. He was able to smack a slider up high and he showed off his speed and he was hitting two. I love that he was hitting two. That's my thing.
Speaker 1: Now I'm staying on brand for my home run call today, I'm going Paul Goldschmid who for prize picks. I'm also going in the over on the fantasy score. If we look at the board yesterday and it's more home runs Prime Time up to sixteen cows and at fourteen the Welsh still on the board at ten. You're like, I feel like you're hanging on there, just like on a cliff. Your head's right above the cliff. You're right there, Welsh, but we could see you, and of course we want to see you joining this contest because we're still giving away fabulous prizes every month. So join today Fantasypros dot Com, slash Chat, join our Discord Premium membership gets your entry into the home run channel. A Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: Gonna go with our boy Adley Retchman. Worm will be very proud of me Adley hits and I believe it's five of his last six games, he has a homer in there. He does a lot of his damage against Righty's. Five of his six homers have come against Rdy's. Silk Seth is going to be in there. I don't know how long he last. I think there's going to be runs scored in this game, and I think Adley is going to get a big fly and get me to twelve. Give me a little breathing room on that list.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take one more question from the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks Anthony x C seven. Hey, guys, lacking a third base and second base, heavy on outfield? Should I try to swap Rooker for Boom? Or will Rooker keep this up? And that's from Anthony. What do you think, Welsh?
Speaker 2: So is it you would be dropping Boom to pick up?
Speaker 1: I think it's a it's either a trade or a waiver, obviously one of them.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to drop Boom. I think, you know, there's slump things that are happening here.
Speaker 1: But he wants to get Boom is what I'm saying. He's got he's heavy out Oh yeah, heavy on outfield.
Speaker 2: I do think Rooker can continue this to some degree.
Speaker 1: But it's not gonna be power but no content. I'm not buying the content.
Speaker 2: And he might have more homers than RBI at the end of the year with how the a's are, so yeah, you can easily make that move. I thought it was like inverse.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you get it, you get your passes. I understand how that. Thanks thanks for giving me my pass Now you're welcome. But it's a good betting night tonight. A lot of fun things to put together. Again. We went through the strikeouts props. There's a lot of good stuff there. Went through another upset special tonight on top of another parlay special tonight. So money to be made in the wagering, money to be made in the fantasy. Tomorrow, I think we'll have a little bit more time to get to some of the movement. I thought we would get to it today, but we really did in terms of the prospect pipeline. I want to get Welsh's thoughts on a couple of those guys for those of you who play in the dynasty leagues of the deeper leagues, because it's fun and that's what you know. We gotta do. We gotta take hardcore lookies at those rookies, so that'll do it for us for the story of the game goes on. For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids,