Speaker 1: You ever tried to play a joke on a friend or a coworker that immediately backfired?
Speaker 2: I bet I can't think of it now, but I'm sure that's happening.
Speaker 1: Like when Brooke tried to trick me into eating an impossible burger and handed me an old tupperware filled with salad and then a whole burger patty on top of it with some corn sprinkled on the top. Plus she held her phone directly in front of her while giving it to me. But just terrible, zero finesse on that.
Speaker 3: Brook.
Speaker 4: My problem with pranks is I'm not a good liar, That's my problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't mean that she's a bad person, She's just a bad prankster, Okay. And that's exactly what happened to one of our listeners recently who was trying to prank her boyfriend for a TikTok video, And like Brook, she failed miserably. But this woman failed so badly that now her relationship could get super messy if we don't jumping in help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say we're still good.
Speaker 1: We can't sprinkle corn on top of it, Brook and call it Okay, you're gonna hear what happened in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 4: Try it some day.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's awkward, it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. The cutest couples out there, and Brooke would agree with me on this, Okay, are the ones who openly lie and prank each other for laughs?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: Not to spoil it, but Brooke is planning to fake her own death of Thanksgiving this year just to make her husband cry. And then while he's sobbing on the floor, she's going to pop out of the turkey and say, you idiot, you're stuck with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then he's gonna cry harder.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The laughs keep on coming at the Fox Family Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: It's time.
Speaker 1: It's true love, and nobody understands that sentiment more than our listener, Sophia, who who's a prankster just like Brooke.
Speaker 4: Oh Sophia, you dead too, Sophia, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: How are you okay?
Speaker 4: Are you doing okay? You sound like you're almost cry laughing.
Speaker 5: Because I think your own death is like death genius.
Speaker 4: It's the idea I actually wouldn't recommend that Sophia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was just a She's not really going to do that, but clearly something's going on with you and your Is it your husband or your boyfriend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's my boyfriend, and I might have to pick my own death after this one.
Speaker 4: Oh god, idea, Joe, Oh wait, what's it?
Speaker 1: What's your boyfriend's name? By the way, Corey.
Speaker 4: Corey, how long have you guys been together?
Speaker 5: A little over a year?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's new new ish, and.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh? So, like I totally screwed up. Like I feel so bad because I ordered a gag gift to pray him and it was a fake positive pregnancy test.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, is the death scare would have been better than that? Wait, are you guys trying to have a baby or anything?
Speaker 5: No, but I mean like we aren't like using protection or anything. So I mean, like, if it just happens, it happened, Oh cheer.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, I think, if it happens, oh, I don't know after a year, there's a lot of okay it is.
Speaker 1: What was your idea when you ordered this prank gift?
Speaker 5: So what I was thinking was that I was going to pull the test out film him for TikTok and let him see the results and everything, and then come back and film him and telling him that it was just a prank.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, so did you think his reaction would be negative then to seeing that you're pregnantius?
Speaker 5: I actually thought it would be funny. I thought that he would just be surprised, and he knows I'm a prankster, So I thought he would, you know, it would just go with it and it would just be gree girls, Like.
Speaker 1: He could have cried and been like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: You know, like a fake lottery ticket may have been funnier if you have a surprise. Same, we're already it sounds like we're already down this road. You've already done it.
Speaker 5: So I bought the test. I put it in a drawer because I was going to film them later. I went to work and I got a text from him.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: He asked me like, so, what's going on? How are you feeling? And I'm like I'm well and everything. He sent me a picture. I look at it. It's the test.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and grossy, you would just put a peace stick in a drawer like that?
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, for myself, I was kicking myself in the pants. I'm like, Sophia, you idiot, why did you put it there?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: She's like, I lost the moment. I'm not going to go wrong.
Speaker 5: But I just rolled with it, and I was like, surprise. I was going to tell you.
Speaker 4: I got home and oh, why did you do that?
Speaker 5: I didn't know what to do on this panic. I mean, he did.
Speaker 1: I don't know were you were you still trying to like prank him? Later? Is that the thought?
Speaker 5: Well that's what I figured. I said, Okay, what I'll do is that when I get home, I'll just tell him that, you know, surprise. I was just joking his roll with the whole thing then. But when I got home, his sister was there, so he's.
Speaker 4: Told everyone now that you guys are going to have a baby.
Speaker 5: He didn't tell everyone, He told her, And when I walked in the door, it was like surprise, Oh my god, regulations.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh did you feel so bad?
Speaker 1: Or did you tell her that it was a prank right there and be like a viral?
Speaker 5: It was just like thank you. But now he wants to invite our parents over. He wants to have her dinner.
Speaker 4: Wait, you haven't told him that it isn't a prank yet.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's getting out a hand and I don't know what to do and I need your help.
Speaker 1: And did I miss how long it's been? How many days has he known?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Now it's been about three ds.
Speaker 4: Oh my.
Speaker 1: Process.
Speaker 4: That means you guys have had so many conversations. If you talked about baby names, probably already.
Speaker 1: Thinking is it a boy is a girl? Are you faking morning sickness every day when you wake up?
Speaker 5: No, I'm faking fatigue like I'm just every time he tries to talk about it, I'm really sleepy. But I need to break it to him, but I don't want him to get upset. So I didn't need a fun way to figure I know someone helped me figure out a fun way to tell him, like.
Speaker 4: You need our help making sure he doesn't dump you. I mean, this is a dumbable offense. It is it is?
Speaker 5: Is there any way that you guys can say that you came up with this.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad idea all of us. I was going to give the okay, we'll say that Jose, just Jose was behind the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Play an elaborate phone tap and I lost your phone number and forgot to.
Speaker 4: Call you in That actually seems possible.
Speaker 1: That's one of the ideas we might have for you if we're gonna come back and give you more advice than let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your boyfriend to let him know that the positive pregnancy test that he found isn't real. It's a joke.
Speaker 5: Haha.
Speaker 4: I don't know that anyone's going to laugh.
Speaker 1: To your job to think of some really funny advice when we come back right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We're dealing with a very common relationship problem. I mean, who hasn't faked a pregnancy with not very.
Speaker 4: Many people, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Not like a planned On this show, at least five people have faked one, and there's only four hosts in here.
Speaker 4: Did you fake? Did you fake all of them? Jeff? Because it's not very believable if you're Pregnanty's.
Speaker 1: Not for me to say, but one of our listeners did try to prank her boy friend recently with a fake positive pregnancy.
Speaker 4: Test, and shockingly, it didn't go well.
Speaker 1: She was hoping to film it for TikTok to get some laughs. But Brook it did go very well. Still think he totally believed because he found it before she had the chance to brown out. He ended up telling his sister about it, and now it's been three days, she still hasn't revealed the truth to him yet that she's not really pregnant.
Speaker 4: They want to plan a family get together to announce the new baby that's coming.
Speaker 1: But the good news is they're excited about it. It'd be much worse if everybody was sad. But that's why she's come to us for help, the ultimate pranksters. Yeah, follow us at Brook and Jeffrey for more pranks just like this, but probably not nearly as funny. We need to get to some advice though, jose What do you think that Sophia should do here? Well, there's a.
Speaker 2: Chance that once you let him know the truth that you're gonna lose his trust. So yeah, I think you remind him that you're trustworthy with like a funny anecdote. Remind him, Hey, remember when I baby sat your goldfish when.
Speaker 1: We first were dating for.
Speaker 2: A week and the goldfish was fine? You could trust me?
Speaker 4: When does she tell him that it's a joke, and.
Speaker 2: Then she goes, well, you can't trust me, but in this case, boom.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: You are not.
Speaker 4: You're here to do You're doing Povich moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think of that. Yes, what do you think Sophia set him up and then sign him.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think that that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Brooks seems to think she has some better advice for you.
Speaker 4: I'm here to save your relationship, and what you need to do is you need to make yourself look like a hero and say that your friend had a terrible idea to prank her boyfriend. You stepped in and took the pregnancy test for him so that it wouldn't go down right. Wow, and then you just panicked when he accidentally found it. That's actually really good, you see.
Speaker 7: What I said?
Speaker 1: So why did it take three days for her to come forward.
Speaker 4: With that panic? Jeffrey? It's the panic? I don't know. It's all I got, Jeffrey, Sophia.
Speaker 5: It does sound better than him, but I'm still lying. You know.
Speaker 1: My advice, and I never ever say this during these calls, is to keep it short and stick to the truth.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Yeah, that would sound part of the best. But maybe like saying I don't know, like I was a joke.
Speaker 1: I do think that's important.
Speaker 4: O God, I say it was a praying.
Speaker 1: Yours were praying. My posts are very very on the train of lying to their significant others, so that's gonna be their.
Speaker 4: Thing sometimes us. Honestly, it's not funny. None of this is funny. If you say, oh God, okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Just hop on the truth train and let's see where it goes.
Speaker 5: Okay, please you can jump in, but here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's make your awkward call.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey, hey, mab, how's it going. It's so weird it didn't show up as your name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. How's your day going.
Speaker 7: It's been good? I mean, how about yours.
Speaker 5: It's it's going. It's okay, So what are you doing?
Speaker 7: Like, well, so I just went and dropped off my car. I'm picking up another.
Speaker 1: One, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do need to talk to you about something. Is this a good time?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean it sounds like you're a little bit sick. Is everything okay? You got a little bit worried?
Speaker 5: I's feel guilty, like I really messed up and I just have to tell you something and I don't know how like you'll react, and I don't know what you're saying. I really don't want you to be mad, and I don't know it.
Speaker 7: Just what do you mean, Ben? I mean, it's okay, Just tell me. It's can't be that big of a deal.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I don't know how to say, like I'm really sorry, and like I just don't. I don't want you to be upset with me because I really love you and and it wasn't intentional and I'm so sorry and I don't want to ruin anything.
Speaker 7: I think I'm kind of what you're talking about?
Speaker 5: What what do you what do you think?
Speaker 7: I'm well, I mean, I'm sorry. I just I was I was leaving, I was in a rush, and I just touched through it in there and I didn't do a good enough job hiding it.
Speaker 5: And what do you what do you hiding? What do you think? I don't, I don't, I don't understand.
Speaker 7: I mean, I know it's probably not the way you envisioned it, but I mean that's my fault and I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: You have nothing to be sorry about. It's saw me. Maybe you can just can you just tell me a little bit more.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean you found that's found the ring? Right?
Speaker 3: What this got complicated?
Speaker 7: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corey, But before anything else is said, I need to tell you that you're on the radio right now with the show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We haven't even gotten to what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 7: So you found the ring and that's what you called me about, right.
Speaker 1: Oh Brooke, now you're ready to be on it.
Speaker 4: He's making one decision based on you.
Speaker 1: Said the truth was the worst thing that could possibly happen during.
Speaker 4: This It has to have it.
Speaker 7: Now, What is going on? Who are they said? They're on the radio? Why were we on the radio?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Because I wanted to tell you something, but like no, I was just yes, yes, yes, no, yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: You called the radio to tell me that you found the ring and you're so guilty about finding it.
Speaker 6: Yes a thousand times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought them together.
Speaker 4: Have to tell him, Sophia, she did that and she feels really bad about it because he knew there was going to.
Speaker 1: Be a big surprise.
Speaker 4: This isn't funny.
Speaker 1: It's not supposed to be funny. It's happy that we're bringing a couple together. Happy for people.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm not happy at all.
Speaker 1: What you don't love love?
Speaker 4: I don't love this love.
Speaker 1: That's pretty nice to me.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I ruined the surprise by putting it out there like a bonehead. But I love you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's all right.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well my god, I love you too. I'm so happy. You know there's here's something else, but I'll just tell.
Speaker 1: You later, like, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, you'll find out in nine months, telling after the wedding, earlier.
Speaker 7: Than you're having my baby and you deserve the husband of a lifetime.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I've never felt this way on the show. Very cute, but you.
Speaker 4: Guys are not giving me together in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Don't put that on them. Wait, what do you mean she's talking about jose and me, Corey. That's what it is. We're having a spat.
Speaker 4: I like to have a cover station off the air.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have their entire rest of their lives to have any conversation that they want to have. But we are happy for what we've learned today.
Speaker 4: We are gosh, this would have actually gone viral oh wait, yeah, don't talk.
Speaker 1: About could it could go viral when we posted later on the Brook and Jeffrey podcast listen where we just share where we discuss baby names later.
Speaker 4: Yes, So we're just we're just not gonna we're not going to talk about it.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
Speaker 4: That you do, you do you it's such a liar.
Speaker 2: But don't call this liars posted guys
Speaker 5: Don't Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning