Speaker 1: Welcome to We talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode of We Talk Back, a show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers. This is your co host, AJ Holliday. What's up?
Speaker 2: Tam Bam, Hello, Mike, Hello, Govnor y'all. I'm in London. I'm in London Town right now, so that's my accent. I've been trying to sound Bridge.
Speaker 1: You're over there eating dick and crumpets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, Ali, Talil, Mike, how's your weekend?
Speaker 1: Girl, I've been recruiting cooperating from vacation last week, like, oh yeah, it was a girl bitchman down bad like I think I got. I got an acupuncture appointment tomorrow because my TMJ acting up some. I'm a jaw damn near shut and I feel like I got like a pinch nerve because one of my flights because last week last week, I'll heard how my cheap ass like was stranded a little bit right, So on Wednesday Tuesday, I literally had to take five flights to get back to South Carolina. And one of those flights was from Miami to Orlando, and the landing was so harsh it felt like the plane did a nose dive and then we in the dark. So everybody was like, oh, but I had to think back, just like a couple of days ago, like Dad, when the fuck did my back start hurting? And it was after that flight I was in if they rolled back the cameras to the airport in Orlando, I was pacing walking around. It's like three o'clock in the morning. I couldn't sit down. My back was so fucked up from that point. But can you sue, okay, plan for a bad friends, you.
Speaker 2: Got whiplands from landing to her.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have now a pinch nerve or something, because my whole right leg is hurting like my hip, like part of them is not really I can't really pinpoint where the pain is coming from, but it's causing my whole right leg to like hurt. It's just real achey. So I'm going to get acupunctured tomorrow. I might have to Klee if you're listening, bitch, I'm gonna drive to Atlanta so she could work on my body for a couple of days. My chiropractor friend, y'all.
Speaker 2: You know who you need to get to work your body out are. He's an avid listener of the show Jamel Wnda Benedict and he does like he's really really good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 2: He'll work on you for hours, like yeah, he works with like he you know, works with Cha Shakar Richard like he's on her crew, and he will work you out and like work on you for hours, like literally working all the little spots out. And he's very professional. And don't you know how some niggas be like, yeah, I'm gonna gon work.
Speaker 1: You out next thing, you know, But now you got a happy ending, right, No, he's very depending who right right? You don't even so no, but I need like I'm going in to chiropractice because I know that's gonna relieve the inflation in my jaw. So y'all, ain't no dick sucking going on right now. It really wasn't going on before, But girl, let's this is it. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's as far as your mon, Yes, if you wanted.
Speaker 1: To, Yeah, it's like shifting. I can't even eat like a burger like not you know like enough.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Like I literally was getting and like makey burgers and ship like that in a guila and I had to pull them apart, Like why I even got this bread because I can't into my mouth wide enough to enjoy it. But so I was bitch, was laying down all weekend for the most part. I was down, bad man. So shu, No, I ain't really leave the house. It was raining a lot.
Speaker 2: And bit.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to go nowhere for the rest of the year, Like I'm so sick of a plane.
Speaker 2: Right, well, I got to go back tomorrow. I went to Malta. It's my birthday, y'ull and tell me happy birthday. Come to the comment section of my picture. I'm about to post some bathy souit pits am. So people don't leave a comment. Shit, leave up. Can't you send some money off on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, send me a gift? Right, you better make sure your ship monetized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go do that right the fuck now. So I went to Malta. Malta is so beautiful. It's a nice place. It's really hot, the food is good. That people are really nice. A lot of people I don't understand, Like I don't like people be speaking English, but it just still don't sound like it, you know what I'm saying, Like people be talking in English to you, but they English sound like some other shit. I've been smiling and shaking my head yes all week and don't know what the fuck nobody's saying to me. That's it.
Speaker 1: But I had that what's the language there? What's the their local language? Is it English or what?
Speaker 2: Mmm? I don't know, Waltesian bitch, I don't know, yo, dumb we still I don't know. Like everybody was speaking English to me once they heard me speaking English, so it was like, you know, I did. I never I never got to hear anybody speak their native tongue. I apologize if I sounded ignorant, but I didn't, you know, went to the beach, went to the water, like listen, I know, I'm an auntie. We went to the pool. It was like a pool party with house music. You know, that same beat, that constant, same beat the whole time. Baby. He fell asleep at the pool at one o'clock and woke up six pm, slept and in the heat ten line. I don't know if you can see it on here. The only reason we woke up is Nigga got stung by Bee who you no, not me?
Speaker 1: Oh Nigga.
Speaker 2: I was like he woke him up, and it was so funny because I was like, are you okay, let me go get you something. He's like, I'm fine, I'm fine. But later on he told me he was like he thought he was about to be like He's like, I was really Panica, but I ain't want you to see.
Speaker 1: He's not about to die, Like it's over with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, vacation over, bitch, we got to go. My face does smoll up, but nothing happened. He was all right. He pulled the stinger out and look at like Martin Lawrence, right, look up. Yeah. So now I'm back in London and I'll be back home in the morning for my actual birthday. I'm gonna be back.
Speaker 1: What you're doing for your birthday? You got something plan? Oh?
Speaker 2: This is it? This was my birthday. Hopefully somebody will pull upon me like I know it's your birthday. Let me take you to dinner or something like that. We'll see though. Yeah, I had a great weekend. Let's get in the sins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I wanted to start off this right quick. And this may not really be send Simpson, it might be kind of fucked up. But I saw this article online with this eighth and fifty pounds Wisconsin woman being stuck in her mom's home after she passed away there, So she was stuck in the house for a while dead and they're saying it took thirty men included firefighters, polleys, ems, ems, staff and the funeral homeworkle out there, everybody, right and to help get this body out of the house. And her mom was like, you know, this was just unfortunate, this happened to my baby, and they need to have something to put in place. Put up that is it's an anomaly, ma'am. There's not a whole lot of eight hundred fifty pounds people just hanging around.
Speaker 2: Ever, Ever, eight hundred and fifty pounds is crazy. To have a protocol set up a diet. A diet is the protocol, ma'am.
Speaker 1: My thing was maybe they could have called a zoo, because I'm pretty sure they got like some type of heavy heavy lifting, or maybe they be just cutting animals up at the zoo and yand up and got there. Kroger I don't know, but they could have done. But then you're dealing with like a big, heavy dead body in a house with walls and doorways and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Like how you I just don't understand, Like how you let your baby get their bid.
Speaker 1: I think it's a codependency. I think it's in a it's abuse, It's what I think, like some people don't have self control at all. Just pull away from the table. And her mom probably was the one making the mules, just feeding feeding her, feeding her all that shit, because I because at a fifty you can't get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she couldn't leave the house. When was the last time that woman left the house?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah? Oh that's not the kicker is once they got her out the house, once he's thirty, Mini men got her out the house. They left her in a van overnight because they didn't know what to do with her. They didn't have a gurney and even a even a what is it called? Is it like a gas? Is a gastric a gastric bypassed? No, not a gastric? What is the word I'm looking for? Gurnie, like a big ass gurney. What's the what is the medical word for big ass shit, fork lift shit.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, y'all. I don't know what the biggest girdy.
Speaker 1: Is, Like, oh, what is the word for like big things, like big medical things? What's the word?
Speaker 2: Bitch? I don't know what you're talking about, but I know that is the saddest shit I ever heard. Because they couldn't. They said they couldn't creamate her. They ain't had no nobody would take her and home could take her. How they was gonna take her? The only like the zoo probably could have you know, did something and that's it. And who knows how far that is. How do you eat that many calories and you get eight and fifty pounds?
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: But you got to be like just like eating all day like marathon eating rest. The piece says, huh, I'd be tired of eating. Yeah, me too. I was trying to eat everything I could this weekend because it was free.
Speaker 1: Need that, But bitch, I was definitely eat my ass off last week and now I'm just fucking miser bitch about it. Had a hundred Johnny cakes, I ate a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lie. I need to go on a wrong diet for two days or so because I ate everything. One nail down and I'm about to have me some fish and chips here in London. What else?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Girl, No motherfucker try to take my nigga Trump out. Dog.
Speaker 2: I see that I was over there when that shit happened. They was talking. Everybody over there was talking about it. You can hear all the little conversations going on about it.
Speaker 1: What people are saying over there in Europe.
Speaker 2: Basically, I mean similar to America, Like they don't they careful. Nah, they're basically like the sniper, like basically fucked up, you know, like you had one job kind of thing. But I don't agree with that. Yeah, I don't listen, even if I'm not the hugest fan of his politics, I don't want nobody to be murdered. That's insane, Like when.
Speaker 1: Has it ever been okay for everybody has co signed to collectively hate this one person. And this is why I go left when everybody else going right.
Speaker 2: Like, listen, I don't. I don't subscribe to that. I don't want, even as much as I'm not his hugest fan, killing him in front of everybody on a stage and just murdering somebody is just not cool. Now, I will say when he stood up with that blood coming down inside his face with his fisted up, man and man's def.
Speaker 1: But that shit was kind of fire. I ain't gonna hold that is an album cover now, I said, what American see? This is when I start thinking should be staged halfway. I'm like in the middle. I'm like fifty to fifty with the thing, because okay, the fist pump with American flag, it's a photo op. Somebody put that flag into the picture because if you watch the actual it wasn't rally, it wasn't there, So who picked that? I mean, within minutes were talking, I don't know, fifteen minutes, this was the photo op. This was the picture out there, fist in the air. But my thing is, we know when guns ring out, people scattered. What I fun sitting there behind him? I was.
Speaker 2: I thought that was strange too. I thought that was real strange behavior. And it was like like rallying, like y'all need to get the fuck out of there in it, like what has happened? Why?
Speaker 1: Because y'all sitting there?
Speaker 2: That was weird? I agree, I agree that was insane. To be still sitting there.
Speaker 1: And then the body dead on the roof. The gunmen that they this is a twenty twenty something year old guy. Yeah, that they they shot. And people were reporting reportingly seeing somebody climbing up on the building with an AR fifteen on his back and reported it to the police and Secret Service and they just was all acting like, huh, what so what is he set up? So this is where I'm like, fifty to fifty, this is the Truman Show. I see my picture where you could see a bullet glazing through the like a still image of a rick a bullet come on that is that's obviously like a cut in the goddamn backdrop.
Speaker 2: It's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: It was a lot I just.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like our lives about to change a little bit. We gotta we gotta be just even if it is fake, they're doing it for a reason. So, like I said, beat the observer, don't don't, don't really lend your energy completely to it, but recognize what the fuck is up so you can plan accordingly. That's it.
Speaker 2: Bidens gonna have to get in the car and explode. And he just vanished and some ship I don't know that, Like he's gonna have to come up with some new ship.
Speaker 1: Biden just got on in a conference. Uh he just did a conference and said no, he said make America great again. That happened today, not you, not you voting for Trump? Biden? What the fuck is happening? He calls the Lensky president putin. He called Famala Harris, Vice President Trump. Now you talking about make America great again? Who are you voting for? Biden? Did we ask you?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 1: He did approve for rfk's uh secrets uh security secret Service security. So now he has has now has access to the secrets security Secret Service. He's what the fuck he now has access? He has a t twister. He now has access to secret service. Fuck secret service security. But with the whole tobacco over the weekend, I wouldn't want them securing ship for me. I mean literal ship. Y'all would not be able to secure a bag of ship for me, because no, y'all let there the Foremo sitting president and some some reports are saying it's not an actual gun shot that scave his ear. It was the boy hit a temple teleprompter and the glass exploded and hit his ear, I mean, and that could be a thing. I saw one image of him like on the ground, you know, from down off the floor, So that could very well be what happened. But this shouldn't happen. But America is famous for assassinating its presidents. Let's be very clear. This would not be the first time, and it definitely won't be the last time. But as black people, we need to sit back and just observe and chill right because the cousins is fighting, the white cousins is fighting.
Speaker 2: On they're going at it. Let me tell you. When this shit was all going down and it was like going crazy, I was like, damn, that's crazy. I'm so far away past me, that lopster, because I entertained that when I get back across the park right now, I cannot be bothered. That's how I felt, because it's just a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're doing too much right now, and it's just it's just scary time, unprecedented times. And for all people who got jokes about the shit man, anything that be happening. Oh another thing they did was throw out his the federal case with the classified documents down in Florida, because they're saying the attorney, I mean, the judge that even brought those charges on was put he wasn't the legit, he's not legitimate, like he did it unconstitutionally. So what else are y'all doing? What else have y'all done against the law? Okay, it's just it's just scary. So I just feel like all these things, it sets precedents for the people. When they kicked Trump off of social media while he was the sitting president, President, y'all should have seen that as a warning for us. If they could do that to a sitting president, what they're gonna do to the citizens. So never mind who the person is, just just look at it like this. They're set. They set in precedents for what they want to do to day to day individual citizens. And if they want to bury your ass, they could. So somebody didn't.
Speaker 2: Lose their lives at that rally. I don't feel like it's nothing new though.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. But I don't think it's the time to be laughing and making jokes like Black people love to be so entertained. We be just I guess that's how we stay alive.
Speaker 2: I guess that's how it's a coping mechanism. Girl, That's how we cope because I know one thing I'm gonna do. I'm a cracker joke. I'm gonna find a way to make it funny myself so I don't cry.
Speaker 1: We be chilling, and they work around the clock trying to figure out how they could fuck black people up. We just keep multiplying. We don't die. We multiplying. So they probably be aggravated, Like god damn. Now they need us to procreate? How about that anyway?
Speaker 2: Period? Speaking of doing too much, you seen Dwayne Wade coming out. He said he coming out with a nail caro line. Girl, were living in a fucking matrix.
Speaker 1: It's some vortex. Let me out, let me off, let me all do it.
Speaker 2: Why why he wanted that? Why he wanted that because I would actually make a lot of money on it, though.
Speaker 1: I wonder what it would what it would be like, just like some Sally Johansson type ship. Yeah, what the fuck he.
Speaker 2: Gonna do any different than anybody else. There's gonna be a black or pinka red like with the fanail polish cleaning like you do bottle, make the bottle look masculine or something.
Speaker 1: Why that like you couldn't think of nothing else, brilliant black man? What has he done since basketball? Is he he's retired?
Speaker 2: Right, yes, he's retired.
Speaker 1: So what else? Like any other business ventures? Like you want to do fing and el shit, dog, I just think of him like my little son in a room somewhere like fu up post.
Speaker 2: A lot of these, you know, excuse me. Wealthy entertainers may be polishing their nails now it's a thing. It's a thing. Drake be wearing his nails polish. Who else you having this it on?
Speaker 1: All of them?
Speaker 2: Uzzi Uzzi be having his nail polish like so they're coming out.
Speaker 1: With like ya and all of them little man bag.
Speaker 2: Now they got the little Now they're gonna have man fingernail polish. But think about it. The eighties then they were their nails polish. They were very androgenous.
Speaker 1: A couple a couple of people. I mean, you had the Icy Brothers who had the tight pants on in the midriff shirts.
Speaker 2: And lous and ship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I don't know, man. Everybody want to be like the gods.
Speaker 2: Another person doing too much. Since we're still talking about doing too much, that's the thing for the sins doing too fucking much. Designer uh said that. So last year he exposed himself on the plane and he had offender me too, and he said it was because he was vegan, That's what he said. He said he was not having enough sugar and stuff like that, and he was vegan and he just tweaked out. He was just out of his body. And that's a quote. But I ain't never seen no It's a lot of vegans out here, and I ain't seen no dicks on the plane. I could promise you. I've flown with several vegans and it ain't Nobody pulled they dick out.
Speaker 1: Hold on this thing, says. When he landedad he said he was greeted by the FBI and was asked why he exposed and allegedly pleasured himself on the flight. So was he just playing with his dick in his sleep or something, because apparently he was.
Speaker 2: Sleeping doing all of that. Let me stop laughing at his misfortune, because maybe he did have like a I don't know if not having enough sugar can do that, but maybe you know.
Speaker 1: He's a registered sex offender now because of it. Though, So he did plead guilty to decent exposure last year, and he didn't it to struggling with his mental health before asking for prayers.
Speaker 2: H I liked.
Speaker 1: I liked.
Speaker 2: You know me too, I'm a fan. He seemed like a joyous spirit. Whenever you see him, like on like you know, the internet or on TV, he looked he seemed pretty joyous. So just don't do that again, my boy? Can he still fly?
Speaker 1: Right? Do you would think that Nigga's band for backing that meat on a plane? I don't know. Maybe somebody did, and maybe it wasn't just a diet. Maybe you know, I just go. I just feel like people don't be going wackle for no reason.
Speaker 2: Man. One let me tell you one time, one of my clients, she's a regular, and she came and got her hair done and she just kept falling asleep, like but it was different, Like you know, I have people those off during their hair appointment, but this sleep looked.
Speaker 1: Like like heroin sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like she was slobbing. I'm talking about long slob coming out her mouth. She could not stay away. She was like, I was like, are you okay? Like this different? Stand up and do some jumping jacks like you cuz I'm gonna burn you. I was like, like, this is different. She's like, girl, I don't know, I don't know. I was like, do you like, do you need to stay here and rest? Do you need to call somebody to come get you? And she's like no, I'm good. And she drove and I was very nervous about her driving because of how she was falling asleep. Do you know this girl went to get like she had a prescription for something, right, something normal women stuff like maybe like a yust In fiction or something, you know, just a prescription dye flukin or something like that. Do you know they gave her some psychedelic psycho like schizo drugs by accident.
Speaker 1: Oh shit?
Speaker 2: And she was driving around on that shit, sitting in my chair slobbing because then I gave her the pharmacy gave her the wrong medicine.
Speaker 1: Even when I have my prescription, I saw always like google stuff.
Speaker 2: You gotta, yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm getting. I'm not. I don't ever just accept anything from anybody, no food, no medicine. I need to know exactly what it is that I'm putting in my body. Like people be too trusting in this, this whole system, especially the medical system, especially black people like this. Motherfuckers. They never did nothing to be okay with us. They've been trying to hurt us since the beginning of the time. Like, why y'all trusting them? I'm confused, girls, so that is a big mistake. Oh okay, she's good.
Speaker 2: Now, well she she ain't got paid yet, but she's definitely suing this in the process.
Speaker 1: All good for her, not I mean good for her. Yeah, compensate me.
Speaker 2: THISBB and I was like, girl, what the fuck? All right?
Speaker 1: So while laying in my bed all weekend mm hmm, I was surfing the internet so fucking much. I was on social media so much. Between social media and this game. I don't know if y'all know this game I do'n download on my phone that I just need to delete. It's called good Sorts. Good Sort, like you like trying to make three like anyway the words. No, it's like it's like not grossy things, but it's just different little items, little things, and you got to make a roll of three, like you got to move shit around so you can get clear them off the board. Basically, So between that, which is entertainment, right, between that and Instagram, A bitch never disconnected from her phone all weekend. And then I saw this one post while I was on the fucking internet on Instagram heavy. It was saying something about like this, like this is an addiction, Like, yeah, you may not have a drug addiction, but social media and these apps are definitely an addiction. Yeah, So I want to talk about that today. That today because I really feel like I might need a digital detox.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, that sound good. Let's get into it after this commercial. I gotta check my Instagram real quick. We'll be right back. All right, y'all, we back a digital detox. I've never even heard of that, but that sounds like something I really need. Like on my vacation, me and the person I was with, we both are addicted. So it was good, you know that we could be sitting be addicted together, because when one.
Speaker 1: Person not, it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a problem. But we were both we were like rubbing feet together on our phones and it.
Speaker 1: Was like, yes, I send this shit, y'all, look at this, Look at this right.
Speaker 2: It was perfect.
Speaker 1: Can write a bit much, man, And I've been trying to read books more like read more books. And I can't even focus to read a book without putting it down to look on and see what's on Instagram. I can't watch a TV show without grabbing my phone to see what the fuck is on Instagram. I can't be out to dinner without touching my fucking phone. I can't be on vacation without touching my phone.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly. I will watch to show and it will take three times the time of the show because I gotta keep going back, and I miss a part, and then I rewinded and I missed the same part because I've been on my phone. It's just addictive. It's so bad. I like you get on TikTok. I try to stay the fuck off TikTok, because TikTok, you will find that hours have gone by and you I'll be up at four in the morning watching somebody clean and dirty as real? How did you get this dirty? Like that dirty? So I could watch them make it clean and I'd be like, Oh, I can't wait to see what color is gonna be up under the dirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want this life anymore because there was at one there was one point in my life I could just stop, you know, I don't really have an addictive personality per se, aside from like people in food and even people, look you science save food, but even people, I kind of have detachment. Now I can do that easier but food. But social media is an even bigger It's hard, you know, because it's your news, it's your friends, it's your family. It's like it's your money that part too, And when you disconnect, you feel like you do you're missing things like people talking about stuff around you. But I need to know that I can do without this thing. So that's where I'm at now. So yeah, social media is the money, Like we need to post and shit like that for this podcast, right, we don't even do that that fucking often to be on social media as much as we be on that bitch. So I feel like I just I would like to disconnect. I would like to detox from social media because I know I'm definitely not being as productive as I could possibly be if I weren't on social media. From twenty twelve to twenty sixteen, I was not on social media, and I feel like I can do that again. Now. I won't delete the app completely, but I got to get away from it. Like when Clubhouse first came out, bitch. I was addicted to Clubhouse for oh. I remember the whole pandemic up until like always at the club which I even made a wee talked back clubhouse dot com. Okay, that's a real thing that still exists this day. Because I just thought it was I thought it was amazing, right, and I thought it was gonna be way bigger. But then they kind of changed the platform, and sometime last year I was like, I'm good with Clubhouse. I got I got tired of hearing all those voices, Like that's like it's like schizophrenia at some point, like all these fucking I'm going to sleep listening to all these fucking.
Speaker 2: Voices people talking.
Speaker 1: I got tired of them niggas. But I want to disconnect. I only use Instagram mostly. I might do Twitter occasionally TikTok. I really go on TikTok to find like if something's like trending on TikTok, I'll go over there to see what's up with it. But I'm just not sitting on TikTok. It's Instagram.
Speaker 2: I would know Instagram have me in the chokehold, and then TikTok I'll find myself go down a rabbit hole on TikTok as well, but I don't get on there as much as Instagram. I still on Instagram all day long, so.
Speaker 1: I wanna you know how to get to here.
Speaker 2: And don't let me post a pig you like me like you like, yeah, it's just crazy, it is.
Speaker 1: And then when things are going on, like the ship with Trump, you can't disconnect. I need to know. I need to be I need to know what happened next, Like I need to know what who said what, like right now. And it's exhausting. I have anxiety because of that shit. Absolutely, I be like really feeling down at the end of the day because you see some fucked up ship, then you see some happy shit and some fucked up shit. There's some happy shit, then a little cute little kid and a cute little dog, and there's some new fucked up shit. Like this black dude on trial right now for a murder he couldn't he didn't commit. Do you see that? So it's this black guy who's on trial for the murder of a white woman. He was in the neighborhood robin right breaking in people ship, but he didn't kill this man, and they know he didn't kill him, yet he's on trial for because the boyfriend essentially admitted to it. It's a it's a guy, a black guy, and he killed he killed a woman. He killed a woman. Uh, Samantha wool w O l L. This is in Detroit. So this guy is on trial for and she's a Detroit synagogue leader. I didn't even read that part. But he's on trial for her murder because they found her body on the sidewalk. He found her body on the sidewalk. But the boyfriend actually admitted to killing this girl, then recanted. They let him go, but y'all are charging and have the black man on trial. When he was just rounding there, breaking in cars, he was like, yeah, I never denied being a being there, but I did not murder. He's on the stand. So you see things like that, then then you see something funny, and then and it's just your roller coaster of emotions all day long, and it's like it's it's reprogram programming your body at this point, it's reprogramming your mind. Like we just not the same anymore. And I just need to I need to, I gotta get out the cycle.
Speaker 2: I went out.
Speaker 1: I went out.
Speaker 2: I'm tired. I really went out too.
Speaker 1: I'm like disgusted with myself at this point, Like I want to do I want to read more, bitch, I want to lose a couple of pounds. There's a lot of other things I want to do other than being on fucking Instagram, and I'm stuck on that, bitch.
Speaker 2: So how do we get out? All right? First, let's see how many hours a day? How do you told me I can see how much time I spend on social media?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so go to settings and then screen time.
Speaker 2: This is for your iPhone.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not.
Speaker 2: And now it's probably some young bitches like, hey, you don't know how to do that, Auntie. No I don't.
Speaker 1: And look this, Auntie actually even has a two hour timer on for Instagram. So I'm only a lot in myself to do two hours. And I have had this time on for a whole year, but every day I hit fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes, fifteen minutes, and then when I finally get real with myself, I just turned the timer off for the day, Like, bitch, you're gonna keep going back on here.
Speaker 2: So my daily average is five hours and twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: That's so if you click on see all app and website activity underneath that, you see that, so you can click there and then see what it is for the app in particular. So I'm on Trading View, which is the software I use to look at my daily charts. I'm on air three hours a day. That's cool, that's money making. Instagram, I have an average of six hours a day.
Speaker 2: My should say six hours and thirty eight minutes. And you know, so now your app Instagram is oh no, and the four hours of Instagram.
Speaker 1: Right, and I have two hours entertainment and that's this fucking game. And then I also like, you know, YouTube, I play stuff on YouTube or listening to music and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And it says one hour and twenty one minutes of creativity and then fifty seven minutes of travel because I'll be looking at them flights Bible. That's too long, though, four hours it's too much and for what for nothing?
Speaker 1: What did I get?
Speaker 2: That's four hours wasted?
Speaker 1: Yep? I got five hours for productivity and finance. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good number.
Speaker 1: But these other like entertainment and social like that. Shit got to come down so I gotta keep that two hour, Like the two hour I have set should be like a reward. So not only do I have everything else done right, So I shouldn't have two hours for the whole day. I should do a two hour for a setting a certain period, like a block, a certain block in my day. So let's say you know, right before bed or something. No, you don't even want to look at your phone before bed for real, So I would say like five to six o'clock social media, five to seven, I can do social media. But also you got to consider you know, your program is open in the background, so I don't think that they kind of you got to close the app oup to completely so it doesn't count towards your average because if the app is still open in the background, it's probably still calculating in so we get a little I'll take a little hour off of that because I know I still be on that bitch too much. I just want to disconnect. So I started doing some research. I'm started trying to figure out cause we already know that social media fucks with your mental health, Okay, especially the children. So you have parents that are now sewing apps like Instagram and TikTok, you know, because their children are are different now since having access to these platforms. So ways to try and disconnect or detox per se? So I found an article on Good Housekeeping dot com mm hm, and they have a list of things you can do. It says, here, here's how to do a social media detox the right way. Ready to take a break from social media? We're here to help. There's no denying that social media has become a huge part of modern life. Apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter help us stay connected with loved ones, catch up on news, and discover both beautiful destinations and inspiring people. Yet you may find that spending hours on end strolling, scrolling, sorry, through various feeds can leave you feeling anxious that's me, drained, that's me, and dissatisfied. That's me. Okay. So how do you know if you're in need of a social media detox? It says, reflect on your head and evaluate how social media makes you feel and how it impacts your life, says Catherine Price, author of How to Break Up with Your Phone and founder of screen Slash Life Balance. Is it negatively impacting your mental health? Your mental health? How about your productivity and creativity is it taking time away from activities that make you happy? I won't say Instagram, Well, it doesn't completely make me unhappy. I have a lot of puppies I look at on there, a lot of birds and cats. My favorite Instagram page is Black People Pets. I love that fucking page. They get most of my engagement. Like that is the type of shit that makes me happy. So it's not all bad but there, and I think I have a pretty healthy algorithm. Also because I unfollowed like the Shade Room and ball Alert and all that shit at least two years ago, but they still throw both shit.
Speaker 2: I still love Shade Room, but baller Alert I had to get rid of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they still throw bullshit into your algorithm though, so oh no I do. That's the only blog I do follow. I even unfollowed was it bossip? I unfollowed Bossup, but I do still follow Gossip in the City. It's just probably because I like the girl that runs that page, Like I like fee. Sometimes she'd be on some bullshit, but yeah, and her news is real, like just just hilarious to be saying like she A lot of the blogs be getting this ship from her, like she'd be down a reporter and some report on something way before everybody else. How does she know everything so fast because people be sending it they want to check. She'd be paying people for information, right, yeah, so yeah, people be sending her ship and sometimes she she will post stuff and be like if y'all.
Speaker 2: Care, if y'all care, you know?
Speaker 1: So, I'm not mad at it, and I don't want to know other people business. That fucking bad, But because of the business we're in, we need to know a little bit.
Speaker 2: It'd be like Patreon and stuff like where you can pay for people exclusive business. I don't never want to know that band.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine y'all that fucking nosy y'all paying a subscription to know who baby daddy got a baby on the way on Christmas Eve? Are you dumb?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm good. That is weird as hell to me. Yeah, yeah, I definitely know real.
Speaker 2: Board, Like, I don't want to know, but I ain't gonna pay to know.
Speaker 1: Guy, right, I ain't that goddamn nosy? You tripping?
Speaker 2: We can get it for free. I find out when it hit the.
Speaker 1: Exactly it says. It's important to note that there's nothing inherently wrong with spending time on social media. According to Price, the important thing is to use it with purpose and intention. She says, if upon reflection, you are able to identify any negative effects that the apps have had in your life, then it's time for a social media break needed game plan. Try out these twelve expert approved ideas that will help you disconnect a little and have a happier, healthier relationship with social media from now on. I feel like I want to make a lot of money. I want to make a lot of money, and if social media is one of the things I want to, uh, that's gonna help me make a lot of money, It then has a real purpose. Right now, it's just straight entertainment, right the majority of the time I'm spending on there, it's just entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so the first us for our show, but not as efficient as.
Speaker 1: We could right So, I think once we beef up on that, I'm gonna be sick of social media Like this, This is just the tool by which I always pep into the podcast.
Speaker 2: I always be saying like, oh, I just don't want to be a slave to it. But it seems like I already am. Yeah, might as well, monetize my slavery.
Speaker 1: Right period to monetize slavery interesting, But you just gotta be real with yourself and you got to recognize where there's a problem, and you gotta want to change Today July fifteenth, twenty twenty, twenty twenty four, I would like to change. Okay. So the first step on uh or one is one of the first suggestions on this Good Housekeeping dot com. It says delete your social media apps.
Speaker 2: It's so hard, though I've tried.
Speaker 1: I've done it. I used to be on Facebook heavy and then I just wasn't knew better things came about. Like I think each app has different kind of people that use them, like Facebook people, Instagram people, Twitter people, TikTok people. I'm an Instagram person.
Speaker 2: Who I definitely an Instagram girl. With Facebook, I don't I don't be knowing how to use it. I know how to watch other people shit, and I can share other people shit really good. But when it's time to like really create my own shit, I'll be turning into Auntie mode real quick like.
Speaker 1: But because it's too much, it's just it's not just the things to create for Instagram is outside of Instagram, you're just posting the content there. But to create the content for Instagram, I mean, you gotta use other apps, you gotta do other shit, you gotta edit all types of stuff. Like it's just a big it's a big thing to be a content creator. It really is the whole time. And Anguela Nyla was like, come on, we're gonna do this content. She was giving me all these ports. She was like, yeah, you gotta what she said, you gotta romanticize your life and all this stuff. Like I'm too much of a real nigga for any of this.
Speaker 2: Like it is what it is, Like I get frustrating it and I quit the real It's one hundred thousand half created reels saved.
Speaker 1: Like the voiceover ones and all that. I don't know. Maybe I'll get into it and then it'll make more sense for me to be on social media if I had a million followers and making money monetize on social media. But if you don't, it really doesn't make any sense. I'm not a consumer in that way, So why am I letting Instagram consume me and the people who are monetized on social media consume me by likes and clicks and all of shit.
Speaker 2: But them LIFs be feeling good though it is like a little do the dopamine it really is.
Speaker 1: It's instant grams of dopamine. All you like that, That's what it is. Instant grams of dopamine. When you think about it that way, that shit is very sinister. So it says, delete your abs and in with now. Before you insist that you can't quit cold turkey, rest assured that this is a temporary measure. Take social media off your phone for twelve hours and remind yourself that you can easily reinstall, it, says Price. It's at it's about experimenting. See what effects not being on social media has and what thoughts it provokes. Once experiment is over, the idea of limiting yourself will feel so much more doable. So she's not saying, like, just delete indefinitely, but at least like, just take a break. So that two hour thing it locks it, but you can unlock it. You can tap back on that, bitch and change the timer.
Speaker 2: Nobody has to take my motherfucking phone from me, right, you don't give it back to me. If I asked, like I wonder could we like create a social media anonymous group, you know kind of like inna, but.
Speaker 1: Like that's the next one. That's the next one that says detox with a buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, yeah, I need a sponsor. Somebody want to co sponsor.
Speaker 1: Me' Not a goddamn sponsor, girl, It's a damn accountability partner. Basically, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Ain't that what a sponsor is?
Speaker 1: All? You want? Somebody give me some money to not be on social media?
Speaker 2: The hell?
Speaker 1: So number two is, you know, get a detox buddy. So me and you, bitch, what are we doing? Can we wait till oh after your birthday?
Speaker 2: Like this is the August or song, like.
Speaker 1: We wait to the new year?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm wait to the first January.
Speaker 1: All the damage done did, but done by then. Whether your objective is to get fit, lose weight, or spend less time on social media, having someone to hold you accountable can make all the difference. Find a loved one who is interested in detoxing with you, and then discuss how both of you plan on following through. Let's say you intend on leaving your phone at home while you run errands one week. Once a week is over, check in with your buddy and let them know how you did says Nancy Colon, a psycho therapist and author.
Speaker 2: Of the Power of Off.
Speaker 1: You're more likely to stick to your goals or, on the flip side, feel less discouraged when you fall short when you have a friend to lean on.
Speaker 2: So, just like anybody else, I'm supposed to leave my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah they tripping. I'm not leaving the house without my fucking phone.
Speaker 2: Dog. But listen, you can have a phone just in case for emergencies, like you don't need social media from emergencies, Like, don't let y'all. I ain't. But we used to live without a phone, just finding we were very young.
Speaker 1: We ain't have no fucking business about ourselves back then when phones didn't exist.
Speaker 2: Okay, humanity, I ain't talk about us. First people were like, here my number in the dime, call me any time. It was a song because they couldn't. They didn't have phones and didn't nobody die.
Speaker 1: So last year, Kendrick Lamar actually came out with a phone, and I was so disappointed when I found out about it because it's like limited edition. I didn't get one. It was like the light phone. It is just calling. It's nothing like can nobody call you back? It's no social media. The light phone.
Speaker 2: It ain't that they have those for kids though, right where you can lock in only three phone numbers or something like that.
Speaker 1: I want one, yeah, I would like one of them. That should probably last for five or six days without charging with all these apps draining your damn battery.
Speaker 2: Right, because you ain't doing what you call your mom.
Speaker 1: It says you can call text set an alarm and use it as a hotspot, but there are no add on tools that include a music player, no to calculate the directions and more so. And it was two hundred and ninety nine dollars. I want one and I can and I could take.
Speaker 2: That in the streets with me, Yeah, most certainly. And you put it in your glove box like how you used to do, you know, back in the day when cell phones first came out, because they didn't have all these you know, absent things on it. You take it and just leave it in the glove compartment. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like people talk about the marketed beast, right, and they literally think that somebody's gonna come and, you know, implant some shit in them. Like this is literally the cell phone is the marketed beast. They are literally tracking every single thing we do on this handheld device.
Speaker 2: Bro, This shit is scary because think about it, You'd be like, man, I want to I want some fish, all right, You'll just say something like that, and then now all fish restaurants just popping up with as on your phone. Right, It'd be crazy like that, And like, are they listening to me? Like it's Siri listening to me and sending my what I'm saying to like companies. How does that work?
Speaker 1: But what about the times where your phone isn't even around and you say that and then now it's on the phone. So is it? Are they tapping into our minds? Cause I heard that Apple like the new headphones, they have some type of pattern. This ship is tapping into your neurological system someway like they are reading our minds like we are using telekinesis with the damn cell phone.
Speaker 2: Was play with me? But it is. I remember my old nigga used to come over. He used to be like, unplugged Alexa, unplugged that bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that shit on my mom My sister bought my mom and Alexa and like the roomba because they come together so you can program Alexa to tell the room of the vacuum your house. I'm like, Mama, you literally got a speaker and microphone in your house, and you got this vacuum cleaner walking around your shit taking pictures. And when you think about it in that way like this, you sat in yourself up. She unplugged that shit. I mean, it got to have a camera in it for to figure out the layout of your home, to know where to go at How is it working?
Speaker 2: I thought I was just bumping turn around, I can't go that way.
Speaker 1: But imagine that they programmed it to do that. So you went and think there's a fucking camera in there just looking at your damn house.
Speaker 2: Right the hell.
Speaker 1: I think the same thing about putting those chips and dogs and stuff like that, it's just them tracking your house.
Speaker 2: I don't like putting a chip in. Don't chip me, don't chip my animal. That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I never even got my dog's spade neither, none of them, None of them, that's me. Yeah, you're taking away the reproductive system, Like god damn, y'all bitch love fucking way females. All right, So number three says, identify what apps you're using most so We just did that. Download an app like Moment, available on iOS and Android that helps you break down how much time you're spending on your apps if your iPhone. If your iPhone user, you're likely already familiar with your devices built in feature called screen time. We did that instead of looking at your daily average, which factors in email and other work related phone usage, check out the check out your list of most used apps and see how much time you're devoted. You're you're devoting to specific social media apps. So we just did that. So, I mean, Instagram is my biggest op. Okay, it's my biggest op. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: That's my birthday. I vow to take the only time I'm gonna come on social media is to post for we talk back once a day, which is more than I ever did in my lin.
Speaker 1: We got personal platforms too, so we just it just has to make business sense everything right now, it's not making business sense for a bitch to be on the internet all day.
Speaker 2: But remember like during COVID where everything shut down, how good that felt for a little while, Like.
Speaker 1: It just because it was okay to be a bum.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good. I didn't have to setting on alarm clock. I was outside ride. I went and bought a bike. I was outside riding that bitch, just whimsical and carefree. I was frolicking in the park like it was just. I was doing shit that I would have never done had the world not shut down the way it did. So maybe I don't have that same experience with leaving social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah I haven't rode bike in a year and a half. It seems like no, I didn't ride bike. No, yeah, probably a year in a year, not a year and a half, at least a year since like last year in June.
Speaker 2: Maybe I haven't rode an outdoor bike. I rode like hella indoor bike, but outside I didn't rod my bike back on the street man downtown Charlotte wasn't nobody riding. I was riding my bike down to you know, downtown. Like now, you can't do that around and killed. So I don't. I don't want to go outside with no bike, no more an indoor bike. But it was nice.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. So number four is talk to your friends and family. That's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: In some ways.
Speaker 1: Right in some ways, the people closest to you know you better than you know yourself, ask your loved ones what you've noticed about your relationship with your phone. You may discover yourself unwittingly uh picked. You may discover you've unwittingly picked up some bad tendencies, like checking your phone mid conversation or texting at dinner table. My mama would say, that's what the fuck I do all the time, it says. Many adults have told me that hearing what their kids have to say about their phone habits is a real eye opening and it's real eye opening and motivational moment, says Price. I was just at my mama house Rapefy went on vacation, and she was talking about what was she talking about? Look, I can't even remember what the fuck she was talking about, because after she finished talking about it, I asked her about the things she was just talking about, but I wasn't paying attention because I was on my fucking phone at the same time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She was like, I just told you, so I'm like, oh that shit. You do feel like shit because you just really tune people out. Yeah, and then excuse like I gotta do this for work, lying, bitch, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Let me just send this email and you're really watching somebody clean the rug.
Speaker 1: Dirty ass house. How about those bitches with those fealthy ass houses who just clean them up?
Speaker 2: Forget? But sometimes I feel like I like, I do follow one lady who was like going through a depression and she was cleaning house. But at this point, why I keep looking like that? I just feel like, at this point, you're just dirty in the house to create more content, Yes, because you're not. Really, you ain't got that much house. You've been cleaning this same house for a year and a half now and the shit be a fucking mess every time.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was feeling you the first when you was just getting it together, but now I just feel like you're just trying to create content and it's gross.
Speaker 1: And that's how I look the whole time watching it, just a make ball Nike check lip, like nasty ass bitch, and then you be fucking in there. You'd be having sex in that dirty ass house.
Speaker 2: But listen, I don't listen. I try not to judge because sometimes like people might be going through a rough patch and they look up and a dirty patch in dis array an difference, right and being messy and dirty, you know, But what if you're depressed. Like what if somebody's depressed, they'll let some shit get out of contract.
Speaker 1: I guess I ain't never been depressed. And I thought I've been depressed before, But I guess.
Speaker 2: Depression is different. Maybe you have depression manifesting a different way, Like it's different for everybody.
Speaker 1: Like especially if you got kids, like you got rug grass running around to you gotta be you gotta deal with everybody's stomach, what you're going, what they eating, and all this stuff, being considerate of other.
Speaker 2: People, like yeah, and then you might just have like a big full case of fuck it, you know, like fucking kids.
Speaker 1: Tear it up.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I ain't never been I ain't got no kids to do that far. But I'm just sure there's some women who've had a time where they'll be like, you know what, tell that shit up. I don't even care right now, I just my mind. I need I don't have the bandwidth. And then they look up in their house look crazy, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right before we got on, I was talking to one of my best friends and her she has five kids, and I was like, man, I'm gonna come pick her little it's the fourth little girl. I said, I'm gonna come pick my friend up tomorrow just to give her a little break. But I kind of feel bad, not because she has like two small ones, and then the other ones are like teenage, you know, kind of like fifth grade up right, And then she has these two babies boring back to back, and I feel bad not getting both of them. But I don't have the mental capacity for two fucking kids. But I'm gonna pick the one little one up.
Speaker 2: You don't get one. Keen is crazy.
Speaker 1: I think she's a little cancer to her birthday on Thursday. Oh, she's so sweet and her voice tell like a grown lady. She should be turn to like five. Her voice sound like an adult voice when she's speaking, Like why a voice that deep?
Speaker 2: You ain't got for die like that?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's like little Stevie. You can't afford for the doll. You can't afford for the Dillarist, Give me fit the Dillist. That little girl is funny as hell. I was watching her own live the other day. Look, I'm in the bed two o'clock and like two o'clock in the morning watching alive was her and two of her little homegirls. They so cute, life so cute, and Tommy hopped on Live with them, Tommy from Real from.
Speaker 2: Tommy like Timmy Lee.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tommy Lee hopped on with them.
Speaker 2: Oh she was sweet.
Speaker 1: They was like, oh my god, it's Tommy. They all running to their mama. Mama. Look look, why did.
Speaker 2: They know who's Tommy?
Speaker 1: They obviously be watching a reality TV show? Yeah, so Tommy and eight because little Stevie was doing her makeup. No, she wasn't doing makeup, she was doing skincare. Child and her hair and baby kept them moving the whole time while she was on Live like a grown ass adult. Okay, I love them kids, man, but scare me another hour and a half wasted watching a little child Tommy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Number five it says put a rubber band around your phone. I don't know what that's about, so it says it's simple. This simple trick can help you stop mindlessly picking up your phone. When you reach for your phone, there is now a physical obstacle that snaps you out of autopilot for a second and encourage you. Encourages you to reflect on what you're doing. What what am I? What are rubber band like?
Speaker 2: I guess if you got the screen cover you can't easily maneuver.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't get it. I don't like that one.
Speaker 2: That one's stupid.
Speaker 1: I could see if like the rubber band like is attached to something, and when I go to lift my phone up it like or something.
Speaker 2: Right, I had to wrap that bitch with about twenty rower bands. So I can't get to a lockdabby because that's the only way, is the word for.
Speaker 1: Me, it says. Number six says, redesign your lock screen. So Price created a lock screen that prompts you to ask yourself three questions, what for, why?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What else? The questions remind you to question whether or not you picked up your phone with purpose. Sometimes it's a tick, and sometimes you pick it up because you're feeling lonely or bored. The point of that exercise isn't to beat yourself up for checking your phone, but to understand your habit. Understand your own habits, she says. Create your own lock screen with similar questions, or download one free through Price's website Selling shit anyway, lock screen, I don't know. While I was reading that, I just thought about a fucking video I saw.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've actually done that before. But not for social media. I did it for dieting, like I had on my lock screen, like you're craving this right now. You wanted the body you want for your whole life. Don't eat that shit. I had that on my lock screen and it slowed down my door to ass she really did.
Speaker 1: Hold on, But did you see this video on Instagram? No? No, hold on. We should have talked about this in stupid editor news. So the girl was like, listen now. She said she borrowed some money from her boyfriend. And she said it wasn't a little bit of money. She said she needed the money. He lent it to her, and she did say she would pay him back by the end of the following week, right, And then he text her one morning and was like, hey, did your check clear. I haven't gotten the money yet, and she said, you know, immediately she sent him the money. But she was like, now now I got an ick because I don't like him no more for asking for his money back.
Speaker 2: You you asked him to borrow money, You didn't ask him to.
Speaker 1: Have it, right, because had you asked him to have it, him giving it to you would have been a little different. Maybe he would have given you half, maybe he would have given you what he could stand losing. Right, So is she wrong for not liking him? No more? Yeah? Absolutely, bit your fucking yeah. Some people in the comments was like, because I love the comments. That's another thing. I love the fucking comments at look, she's so.
Speaker 2: Proud of y'all trying to get Also from now we have the whole conversation about the video, but this is interesting.
Speaker 1: Soon as soon as the people in the comments are like, yeah, because danger, Why you gotta borrow money from your man? Why he ain't just give you the money? That girl know her man's financial situation. She probably knows he can't stand to just give her. How much ever money, she said, a lot of money. I'm assume fifteen hundred that to me, Like, I don't know what else would be a lot to some to a regular person.
Speaker 2: I just don't think like people women are really delusional about these men's role in their life.
Speaker 1: And then you gotta see the girl. That's another part. I like, girl, like I.
Speaker 2: Prefer you to get I don't ask to borrow money. I ain't gonna ask to borrow money for my man. I'm gonna ask you for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I have yes, can I have it?
Speaker 2: Can I have this? I'm never gonna ask to borrow it because that just sounds weird, that sounds borrowed.
Speaker 1: And then she was like, he was sassy for messaging me, sassy, sassy. So so now you're gonna call this nigga gay because he want his money back? He should, don't, your ass.
Speaker 2: That's how motherfuckers do when they borrow money, though, is can I can I borrow fifteen hundreds and then you want his little fifteen hundred back? It was not little when you asked to borrow it. Now it's little when you got to return in.
Speaker 1: She called them sassy for messaging her about that money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all should break up because you're ungrateful.
Speaker 1: Very much so, because you may have a man who don't even have it to let you borrow exactly, you don't even have it.
Speaker 2: That's rich out here. Every nigga is not that much.
Speaker 1: Majority aren't rich. This is what's another thing you're pissing me off on social media. Niggas we talking about how women gonna divorce them and take half of their money. The majority of y'all did not have half of shit.
Speaker 2: Stop it to take stop it, y'all.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna never have to worry about a woman taking half of anything, bitch, Okay, stop it anyway.
Speaker 2: Next, she knew her man was like she knew her nigga was. She knew that he probably couldn't afford to give her that, and that's why she to borrow. And then it was just hoping that he would forget mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when I let somebody borrow money, I'm still calculating it into my total balance, assuming that you want to pay me back. Like my sister just finessed my ass out of some money. Like I'm buying eb T from her ass. I want to buy me too. I wanted to actually buy EBC listen, But what happened.
Speaker 2: Was she was I was like, you hain't even got to get the car no more. You know that that's the card.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. I got that bitch. I'm about to get my money up out of her because I'm gonna get it back at food people.
Speaker 2: Some of our bougie listeners like I can't listen to this show.
Speaker 1: Anymore, like Girls Inflation. I told you all niggas, But she texts me randomly. I wasn't thinking about grocery shopping. But hey, if I'm gonna discount today, of course I'll go grocery shopping. You want to buy some steps, I'm like, yes, I would like to. I was like how much? She was like to hundred for two hundred? I said, okay, So I said, I put them a little card up or whatever. Order my groceries as I'm picking up the groceries from the grocery store, right, I already sent her the money. Right, I'm picking up the groceries from the grocery store. And I had to get some extra shit, right, So I got my Instacart stuff and I'm getting some extra shit. She called me like, I wasn't able to such and such and such? Can you give me the other half? So now I've paid twenty I've literally paid one hundred and seventy five dollars for twenty five dollars. What am I saying?
Speaker 2: For two hundred all you got was twenty five dollars?
Speaker 1: Yes, I got finessed my own sister. I'm mad, but bitch, I'm gonna get it back in food. I got your shit programmed. I'm goboua do it right.
Speaker 2: It's already want your car numbers in insta car like they offer that to you before they offer you to spend some money.
Speaker 1: So yep, I'm ana write order me some groceries. I keep meeting the call her like just double check did y'all eat this month? Because I'm about to get my god damn money back up out of your ass. I wasn't even trying to go grocery shopping anyway. I love you, sis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said all of that to say, like, take a break from social media.
Speaker 1: We got all right, let's wrap it up in a second. But okay. Number seven, it says, think of your attention as a value valuable resource. That's what I was saying, Like I'm giving people these likes and clicks and all the shit. So it says we're taught from a young age to be aware of how much cash we're spending, but we don't think twice about how much time we're spending on social media. We need to get better, a lot better at being proactive. Excuse me, hold on, We need to get a lot better at being protective of our attention and be aware of the things that try to take it from us, says Price. It's like how we are careful, careful when we excuse me. It's like how we're careful when it comes to money, but the stakes are because our time and attention are irreplaceable. So when you think about it that way, like, God, damn, I'm just letting these days pass by that I've just been on social media. I haven't been really productive. Even when I go do some shit, I'm then sitting in my car for fifteen twenty minutes, not even coming in the house. Strolling, Yeah, scrolling up and down.
Speaker 2: Driving, scrolling, bitch, I'll be driving.
Speaker 1: I don't even be looking at the road half the time. Sometimes I don't even know how I get to where I'm going. Sometimes that I wod here, how did how your grace of God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always say that that I'm gonna get off my phone and stop using my phone while I'm driving, because that is so dangerous, you guys. I challenge all of y'all listening to the sound of my voice to put your phone down while you're behind the wheel of your car, especially when you got them chilling in the car.
Speaker 1: And one thing I can stand is when I'm trying to practice discipline and I don't use my phone while I'm and then somebody's questioning why it took me long to respond back to them. Bitch, I'm trying not to die. Okay, relax, Relax Exactly Number eight says give your phone a bed time. I do that. Tell yourself that after a certain time, like nine pm, your phone goes into the charging station and it's out of commission until the next day. Smart tip, move your charger station from best And I've done that. I don't have like I have tried doing it right now it's right next to my bed, but I have sometimes I'll put it like further away from me. Also, I like to do that for when my alarm goes off, I have to get up out the bed to cut the alarm off on the phone. Yes, the less access you have to it, the less likely you are to explore social media until the wee hours. Ultimately, your goal should be to get your phone out of your master bedroom entirely.
Speaker 2: Well, people still have like, how do you say I need? I said, my alarm on my phone right.
Speaker 1: The list goes on. We got to give your phone a bad time. Get a real alarm clock. So crazy you just said that. Get a real alarm clock so that is a good one. Number ten said, set time limits on your apps. I have that and I be resetting them. And then the last one is create folders on your home screen. You're more likely to click on those social media icons when they're front and center. All right, Oh, you'll put it in like go to box like on Apple M that's a good one. Yeah, but I go on the real real just as much. And I got that in a in a in a box.
Speaker 2: When you want it, you gonna get it, you gonna Yeah. So you gotta also be committed to change, because none of these ships is gonna work if you're not committed in your spirit to changing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well today I decide M today. I just today. I am going to change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it tonight. This is gonna be the last night because I do want to play that fucking game because I need to pass level twenty five.
Speaker 2: No, but you gotta make a post tomorrow. I don't know what to talk about. You'll be there tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Like you miss a bitch birthday post.
Speaker 2: Bitch is a problem, Like oh yeah, she'll she will fuck with me.
Speaker 1: God damn, Okay, Thursday, I'll just start Monday, see start emotion.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be another bitch birthday.
Speaker 1: I think maybe what I'll do is just social media on the weekends social media week.
Speaker 2: It's a compromise.
Speaker 1: So during the week I can't fuck with social media like that. On the weekends, unlimited to social media if I feel like it, if I got time for it. But during the week, I can go to the gym more. I can write more, I can meditate more, read I can read more. I can do a lot of more and more and more that I'm just not doing because of fucking social media. So you have the time. You know, people say I don't got no time. We got plenty of time, plenty time to do. We got plenty of time to be great. We're just not using using our time properly.
Speaker 2: We are into our greatness. We should we missing utilized to challenge you all listening to this episode to step back from social media and step into things that you really enjoy. This outside of that little box that's when attested to your hand for the last ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amen, that's the last last man. Get the fuck off that phone.
Speaker 2: So forward to listen to we talk back. You can listen from your computer your phone, but everything else to do it right.
Speaker 1: Don't block the iHeart app or the Apple app, apple podcast app.
Speaker 2: Don't do that just listening, bitch. You ain't got to really do nothing else.
Speaker 1: Education, Okay. People who don't have social media completely. I think they, like serial killers, are just the biggest cheaters ever. Why you don't got no social media? You're a cheater. You don't want nobody to know how many hold you got.
Speaker 2: I met this guy in LA and he was so handsome. He looked like a Disney prince, the white guy. He looked like he was like literally a Disney prince. He was so handsome, and he didn't have no social media, zero social media whatsoever. And I was like, damn you a fucking unicorn. How that he was dealing with a girl who was crazy and ran him off of social media and he just liked how he felt. Yeah, so he just never got back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tell you, I feel like my I feel like I had a better quality of life when I wasn't on social media for some years for real.
Speaker 2: I just I'm just trying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I just got off of Instagram and shit like that, Like Facebook wasn't a problem because I was tired of seeing people I knew in real life be fake. I'd rather see people I don't know flex But when I know your life, I a ride past your house or your mama house or whoever house. I don't want that. I don't want to see that shit. Facebook is annoying to me. But people be looking progressive as fuck over there, you know, I think they'd be having families, see their families grow, you see when niggas they don't fuck with this done this year, I mean like it'd be a cool I like, I.
Speaker 2: Like Facebook because it's like we're my aunties and mom and all the family.
Speaker 1: And but you don't get that much love on Facebook.
Speaker 2: You don't get no life.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying that people, And that's that's that's the other part of it. You fucking haters on Facebook. You fucking Facebook haters like act like.
Speaker 2: You don't call me in real life.
Speaker 1: Why y'all? That's the problem. It's almost I said this to somebody the other day, and this was pretending to a very close relationship of mine when it's almost like the Statue of liberty, right when you up close to it, you can't really see how beautiful it is, you can't really appreciate it until you see it from afar. And that's how some of some relationships be. With people that you love and that supposedly love you, they can't appreciate you because it's they just too up close and personal. And that's what facebookaus like. These people know you personally, so like that's just candy, that's just that's just aj like we need the shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: YEA share that bit.
Speaker 2: When you fat right and somebody see you all day every day, they can't tell and they be like, you lost some weight. I can't tell I see you too much. But when somebody who ain't seen you in a long time I see you, they'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, you don't drop a couple of pounds in it.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about you. Why are you looking at.
Speaker 1: Me like no, no, no, no, I ain't talk about I'm thinking about motherfuckers on Facebook? You be done lost weight and they posting an old eyes fat picture of you. That has happened to me. One of my my ex best friend's sister did that to me before because she was still a roly poly. I could not believe I'm like, bitch, I have been that big in fucking years. How dare you.
Speaker 2: Right? Don't post my.
Speaker 1: Bitch? We fight like you a hater. You're a fucking hater. Anyway, y'all, I hope y'all enjoyed these little tips.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We getting the fun up social media a little bit. We about to live healthy, fuller, richer lives once we accomplish this thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you cry, y'all do it after my birthday. Y'all better come and say something.
Speaker 1: We God damn it.
Speaker 2: I don't fuck with y'all, gonna tell y'all I love y'all next week. Oh.
Speaker 1: You know one thing I wanted to add before we go. I saw this, and this is another thing about social media that I just it's called.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Let me pull it up right quick, because I think this is like, this is really really a did I not save it? Oh? Here it goes. Have you been rage baited on social media? You know if somebody just says something so outlandish to you, either it's like a response to a comment you've made or just coming on your page saying some shit and like you irate as fuck. Your thumb's just going and they over there laughing, at.
Speaker 2: You, you know, just trolling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they laughing at you. So people rage bait that. They have a word for it, a term for it now, it's called rage baiting. I know somebody like that who had several social media pages just so control people. And do I know this person, yes, intentionally disagree with them so that he can get into these debates and arguments with people. What in you needs that kind of just discourse? What the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: People like that? Some people enjoy just pushing people's buttons, but they would never do it with their own face.
Speaker 1: Though. You need get your damn y'all need to get your head knocked off. This is a mental health issue. What the hell is happening anyway? I wanted to add that in because I saw a post talking about that, and I've definitely been raised beta bitches of it. If it's a Friday and I ain't got shit to do, I might engage with you, but I have started to just block people. I want to time for that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Oh I will too. I ain't gonna lie. I'll get in there. You're like, ryin't got nothing to do? I'd be like, what now?
Speaker 1: What was that? What was said, or now if it's a comment that people are commenting under. You know, even if I have some people agreeing with some people disagreeing and saying crazy shit to me, I'll just delete the comment, like so it can all disappear. You can't find me to say no dumb shit, no more. Like I'll just delete the comment and be done with it. But sometimes the app, the Apple won't let you delete your.
Speaker 2: Comment if it's too much conversation over it.
Speaker 1: It's like you don't own it anymore. All right, bitch, all right, y'all, it's late in London.
Speaker 3: Bitch all right, y'all listen if you enjoyed this episode, y'all, we really appreciate y'all tuning every Thursday on the Black Effect iHeartRadio app or wherever the fuck you get your podcast at.
Speaker 1: This is your co host aj Holiday is two point zero on instagrams. Uh, y'all follow me down if you won't get on. And yeah, we still got a website. We still got parafunula.
Speaker 2: Yeah something by some of that ship got damn it's end us the dumbest stories. It's summertime, so I know y'all got some. We appreciate them. Yep, it's Tam Grant. What's my name? Tam Tam Brown on the Instagrams. It's official Tam Bam on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And never hold your phone. Put that ship the fuck.
Speaker 2: Down, get over Yeah, put it down. God damn except for Thursdays.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.