Speaker 1: Andrew Hi Scott. This is a bonus episode. Whoa, it's not released on a Monday or Friday. It's some other day because it's a bonus.
Speaker 2: Wow. If I were correct and I scheduled this, which I did, then wow, it must be a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Wednesday. But wait a second. Someone says that already, don't. You can't do it.
Speaker 2: I like Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Someone already does that. It's from somewhere. But the thing is, though, people are going to listen to these on other days, so it's just could be any day. But whatever it is, it's a bonus one. It's not numbered, even though technically by now, oh, I can't say what number are up too, because people will get messed up.
Speaker 2: So wait, I have an idea.
Speaker 1: Yes, here's one bonus one more milk Mondays. But it's not Monday.
Speaker 2: I know it could be.
Speaker 1: Damn it. I'm so confused. This is a bonus episode of Serial Killers, and it's very exciting because when we do bonus episodes, it's like I found a cereal that we just have to get on right away, because we record these things sometimes weeks in advance, and we just kind of put them in a queue and They get released every Monday and Friday, but every once in a while we find something that we just have to put on right away, and that is today. Yes, are you ready? Oh yeah, I've talked about these before. Okay, is it chicken and waffle Cereal? No, not yet. Why we'll get there. Why that's gonna be a bonus episode as well. It will be coming soon, promise. But so, I don't know which one you want first. They're both brand new. Neither one of them is classic because they're both new. So I'll just take out the first one. Oka go, all right, I'm gona go to the cereal sack.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Hey, cereal sec Oh look, pillows.
Speaker 1: I found them.
Speaker 2: Oh god, pillows. This looks so unhealthy.
Speaker 1: From General Mills. This is the Hershey's variety cookies and cream pillows. It's cream filled cereal.
Speaker 2: This just I feel like I'm getting a heart attack from looking at the box filled sweetened wheat cereal.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, yeah, but I have to say they kind of cheaped out on the back of the box. There's no nothing, you know, It's just it's anosaur eating it and a bowl eating itself and a mouth that's a Millennial box. It just says get your fill yum. That's all it says. I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: It's a new cereal, so it is. There's finding their way.
Speaker 1: All right, General Mills. Let's see, I've been talking about this for the longest time. I know I and I so oh oh look at the inner bag. It's foil that means it's candy.
Speaker 2: I love it already.
Speaker 1: This is not it's in a foil bag. It's not even cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is unhealthy.
Speaker 1: Well it's funny because when I bought it, the lady at Walmart was like, you let your kids eat this for breakfast. I'm like, no, it's just a snack food. She's like, okay, she was.
Speaker 2: Just concerned for you. Yeah, she's gonna call the Child Protective Services.
Speaker 1: Smell it.
Speaker 2: I mean it smells delicious. It's probably gonna taste delicious, but I mean.
Speaker 1: It's not breakfast.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, Although as soon as Cooper saw this box, she was like, oh, are you gonna bring it home? Dad? And I was like, mommy will kill me?
Speaker 2: Is that your Cooper boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That did?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know what, Let me tell you something this, I guarantee you makes delicious milk. Oh yeah, I don't even have to wait. But what we're gonna do is we'll try it, and we'll leave it till the end, and we'll let some sit in the milk and check it out.
Speaker 2: I really hope that the cream on the inside is like the well I was gonna go with, Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like it is. But General Mills got the license from Hershey's and not from Nibisco, so they're just saying Hershey's.
Speaker 2: Cream as vague as possible.
Speaker 1: All right, let's dive in.
Speaker 2: Ready, Wait, you have three other No, those are cups for the next one. How many more do we have on this episode?
Speaker 1: Don't you worry?
Speaker 2: So this is just a full episode, but we're calling it a bonus.
Speaker 1: It's a bonus because it's midweek. You ready. Oh look, the milk's chocolate already.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. Here we go. It's not quite the consistency that I expected, but it's basically like eating a cookie. Really is just eating a cookie? Right?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: This tastes like burnt and beans.
Speaker 1: I remember, I don't eat cookies.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's not disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is tastes like the charred ends of barbecue meat.
Speaker 1: That's the second time that you've said that. I know, and I don't understand what it means so like barbecue meat. No, I know what that is, but it doesn't taste like meat.
Speaker 2: It does. It's not good. I give it a bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 1: This is a sweet, sweet treat. I'll keep going.
Speaker 2: It's great. Have the rest of mine.
Speaker 1: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just doesn't taste good.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, give me your hand. Try one dry.
Speaker 2: No, it's got like a really really strong like taste to it, and I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I tell you, one of these days, I'd like to go to General Mills or Kellich or something and like hang out with their research and development people and just kind of see how they do this and what goes through their head and the tests and the research and whatnot. If we'd be very interesting.
Speaker 2: If this podcast ever ever gets to go to a cereal factory and we get to sit in on one of these meetings.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sit in the meeting. I'm gonna watch this stuff being made on machines.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't want to do it big. But watch the machine. Yeah, Willy Wonka.
Speaker 1: That's right. I want to see it spit out marshmallows. All right, well, here's part two. You're ready stand by?
Speaker 2: What did you give this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You gave it what I gave it a bowl and spoon.
Speaker 1: Three balls.
Speaker 2: Oh that's generous.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's really generous.
Speaker 1: I would not eat it for breakfast because it's not cereal, but three balls?
Speaker 2: Did you eat the whole thing?
Speaker 1: No, I'm waiting for the milk to soak up the chocolate. Here's part two, and I guess you can guess what it is.
Speaker 2: Is it fillows with something else?
Speaker 1: It's the other variety of pillows cinnamon roll All man, I'm excited for this because I know you're a big fan of that old Cinnabon cereal, which Kelloggs does not make anymore. But this is Pillsbury cinnamon roll pillows.
Speaker 2: What was the grunt in the middle of talking.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what's going on in my body right now, So if you're hearing things, I'm not. Uh, it's another foil bag. These doucee. These smell like cinamonoles.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait for these. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You'll probably hate them too.
Speaker 2: No, as long as they don't have a strong burnt taste.
Speaker 1: Now you know, I have a past with cinnabon cream, but.
Speaker 2: It's in cereal form, so I can eat.
Speaker 1: It exactly well, you know I can eat cream. I got no problem with cream, it's just the pastry that goes around it.
Speaker 2: I want to choke this microphone from your stupidity.
Speaker 1: Do it? All right? A little bit of milk one time. I'm gonna slip in whole milk and you're gonna be like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Whoa Scott? You're getting a little adventurous over there.
Speaker 1: All right, there's your cup. You're ready for a cineminarole. Fillos from General.
Speaker 2: Mills and I am. I like it.
Speaker 1: I bowls, I prefer the other one.
Speaker 2: I don't actually, yeah, three bowls. This is delicious. I don't mind this again. If I were a parent, I would never give this to my kid.
Speaker 1: It's a good snack in the day. No, it's a snack.
Speaker 2: No feeding your kid candy.
Speaker 1: Wait till I have to drive home today. I am so like sugar filled.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're gonna go into a shock.
Speaker 1: We haven't said diabetes in a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna go with that one, but I didn't know if I should.
Speaker 1: I keep trying to find that wil for Brimley drop not beatis not batis. He's still alive, by the way.
Speaker 2: He didn't let diabetes have him.
Speaker 1: He's not eating this cereal, that's for sure, all right now, even though this is a bonus episode. I have a bonus cereal.
Speaker 2: What did you give that one? You didn't rate it three balls, so you gave it the same exact rating. It's the other one.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm still eating it, and you're still gonna go back to that one too. Yeah, I want to test the milk. My arm is already tensing up. I feel it. Don't get mad at me. I got to cleanse my I have to. I need something orange juice or something.
Speaker 2: Orange juice and then go into milk. Can I say one thing out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love Oh Jason, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was always terrified as a kid because I have like an extreme phobia vomit extreme uh huh, which is coincidental because half the cereals make me want to vomit. Right, But my mom would always say, you can't have orange juice and milk at the same time, or else she'll throw up.
Speaker 1: Cooper does that.
Speaker 2: She drinks some both at the same time sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she thinks it's funny.
Speaker 2: What so she throws up from it?
Speaker 1: Nope, she just laughs from it.
Speaker 2: So in my head she gets.
Speaker 1: Diarrhea from it because she'slactose intolerant. But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: Our listeners must really love that.
Speaker 1: All right. When you see this, you're gonna be like, dude, okay, Oh hold.
Speaker 2: On, Serial Killers listener request who's the listener?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is who the listener is, and no joke.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's an actual listener.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He may not have requested this particular cereal, however, he did clem me into a fact that I did not know, and I was like, mind blown. Did you know?
Speaker 2: Is it chicken and waffle cereal?
Speaker 1: Alberta? No, we're not there yet, Alberto. Yeah, clue me into the fact that multi okay is now owned by Post. I didn't know that since like twenty fifteen. I didn't know that. So Post just puts out this, you know, budget brand Multimeal Multimeal that has been around since like the late eighteen hundreds. Yeah, they used to make hot cereal or whatever, but they have all these knockoff cereals, and actually, you know, like institutions like you know, schools and colleges and camps and stuff, they buy it in bulk because it's much cheaper and it's kind of like the other cereal. So we're gonna put it to the test today. Ready, Oh boy, I bent down real low on the shelf at the supermarket for Multomeo fruity Dino Bytes.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I'm done, over and over.
Speaker 1: We're canceled.
Speaker 2: Now. You brought up the ferdy Dino bytes. They're fruity.
Speaker 1: This bag is so big it was like two dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Can I hold it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure? Look, so it's it's fruity Pebble's knockoff. Obviously they look like fruity pebbles. And they're called Dino bytes. I'm guessing they're talking about dinosaurs from the Flintstones.
Speaker 2: It's such a giant bag and it has a huge resealable lid at the.
Speaker 1: Top, and it's also a bag.
Speaker 2: It's also a bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, now, I don't know. I've never opened one of these before, so it says, tear here to remove top. Oh, it's okay, it's perforated. I like that. My stomach just at the counter, all right, resealable, don't forget.
Speaker 2: You still have to go back and eat your I already drank the milk.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, familiar, familiar fruity pebble scent. And it smells just like it. It does, it really does.
Speaker 2: It's such an inconvenient bag because it's like three times the size.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go all over the place. Yes, I'm just realizing though, Post makes fruity pebbles, so these could be really close. But because they have fake lucky charms, they have cinnamon, cinnamon TOAs crunch, they've even crunchberries, They've pretty much everything with these weird names.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for fruity Dino with a y.
Speaker 1: However, cornflakes and raisin bran same thing, because those aren't trademark names. Huh, they look just like fruity pebbles. I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: If we don't like it. It's free. It says it on THEE.
Speaker 1: I saw that, so I'm gonna send it back. If this gets less than three bolls from either one of us, we're getting this bag for free. Excuse me while I reseal it.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I was making fun of the resealable bag, but like, if they could make that smaller, that's where everybody should start doing.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you something else. I love my wife Amy so much. However, she would never be able to seal this bag. There's something with her and zip block type seal things. She can't close them. Why, I have no idea. I open my refrigerator, the meat's open, the cheese is open, everything's open because she can't seal the resealable things. But I love you, but that's just one thing you can't do.
Speaker 2: It seems like an odd problem to test.
Speaker 1: Really, Hey, you know what if that's her only problem? Great, all right, So I'm gonna get fresh spoons because the other spoons are tainted.
Speaker 2: I feel like we did too many of these episodes in a row. I can't really see straight, I.
Speaker 1: Can't feel my fingers, so it's all good, all right, Okay, I'm I am cautiously optimistic because I feel like these are going to taste exactly like fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: They are, so we can just get this out of the way and just say they taste like fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: We don't have to try Oakay, there's pink ones in there.
Speaker 2: One, two, three, I.
Speaker 1: Justed it all over me.
Speaker 2: Has anybody said this about fruity pebbles? But they taste like lemon? They all taste like lemon. Single one of them tastes like lemon.
Speaker 1: This is straight up fruity pebbles. This is absolutely pebbles because it's pretty much made by the same company, and I'm sure it's made I bet you this is fruity pebbles. Just throwing in a fruity Dinovite bag.
Speaker 2: Well wait, who's who's the dinosaur in the Flintstonesno, Dino ran over and got himself his own franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well but this is great. Yeah, four balls.
Speaker 2: I am not the biggest fan of this. I give it three bowls.
Speaker 1: I guess they're keeping our money, so we're not going to look for our money back. Maultameal. It's yummy, Yaba daba do Just kidding.
Speaker 2: All right, Wait, what would be the off brand? Yaba dab doo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We are delirious because with sugar, I think in all honesty, we probably have eaten one cup of sugar, Like, if you measured it out, we probably each ate a cup of sugar.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you have I tell you ate a half a cup of sugar. Not even Yeah, I took one one spoon of this. I took two spoons of the cinnamon one and one spoon of the chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well, I need a taste. I need to know what it tastes like. I got to get in there. One spoon, I think is not enough. I don't take it. I don't think you get a taste from one spoon.
Speaker 2: Literally, it's like going to the restaurant, getting like a quarter of like three fords of the way through your burger and being like, yeah, I didn't like it. That's what you do. That's your version of a taste.
Speaker 1: Love it or it's free. Put your taste butes to the test. We're sure you'll love this product, but if you're not completely satisfied, we'll refund or replace your purchase. Something tells me I wouldn't want it replaced.
Speaker 2: But something tells me that it's like a huge, lengthy process, like you have to go to serial court. Yeah, to get your money back.
Speaker 1: Exactly what. They're gluten free, so that's good. Oh, Garret, can you no, No, they're naturally and artificially flavored, you know me and artificial I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and it really shows Scott.
Speaker 1: On that note. That was an e slapper, Andy. Thank you for listening to this bonus edition of Serial Killers. Follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C. I'm Scotty B. I'm Andrew and you can follow us on either Instagram or Twitter. Z Scotty be here, Andrew Pug there, and you know, follow us and subscribe to us on your podcast things.
Speaker 2: I'll just take over for it, okay, So make sure you hit the subscribe button if you liked listening to us. We're going to be dropping new episodes every Monday Friday, but this is a bonus episode, so they just come out randomly during the week. So tell us if you like this, tell us what's your you want by tweeting at us. We love hearing your comments. Also, make sure you leave us a review on whatever podcast platform you're listening to us on. We really love the feedback.
Speaker 1: You know, I did read that somebody wants us to actually do these on video. I don't know. I mean, I feel like that will change the dynamic of it. You know, we did that one Strawberry episode on video and I don't like the way it came out.
Speaker 2: Well, you were also sweating the whole time.
Speaker 1: This is true. There was a lot of sugar there as well. Yeah, so anyway, we'll see maybe one of these days. But thank you so much for listening. Another episode coming on Friday. Yes, I guess that's so weird with podcasts because I don't know what day you're listening to. But there's another new one coming out in a couple of days, I guess, so you know, make sure you get the notifications. Thank you for listening to this bonus episode of Serial Killers. Until another numbered episode, Have a great day and crunch.
Speaker 2: I gotta go lay down.