Speaker 1: We're gonna get started with Democratic strategist James Carville, who felt the need to call me out on his Politican podcast earlier this week. The Raging Cajun, as he is affectionately known, is apparently upset with my recent political commentary where I have been critical of the state of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: To refresh our memory, here's part of what I had to say earlier that got him all up in a tizzy. Check it out.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm in the news. I'm not in the news because I'm here. I'm in the news because the Democratic Party is here. Dann it lower than that down at the bottle. They suck right now, horrible because they don't have a voice. Where the hell of the voice? Everybody want to sit up there.
Speaker 2: Talking about I mean, I need vice, we need, but we don't need a voice. We don't need a voice. Well, guess what somebody got to send a message?
Speaker 1: How the hell can somebody receive a message if there's no messenger? In response to what you just say, saw me saying. That's when Carville evidently lost it, and he went on his politic on podcast and had this personal message to give.
Speaker 2: To me, even though it was seen by everybody. Take a look.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know I am a big stephen A Smith fan. I remember I saw him some years ago on TV. When it comes to politics, he don't know his ask from a hole in the ground. He's on that running his goddamn mouth about how he may have to run as a Democrat because there's nothing left to the Democratic Party has no talent. Stephen are you me? I mean, you say you're friends with Wes Moore and you say you're friends with Jos Shapiro. I'm friends with both of them. I think they're really extraordinary talented people. I got news for you, dude. That's six or seven other people in a Democratic Party that are just that talented. So before you start running your mouth off about politics, the topic of what you really don't know anything about, you ought to sit back and think about it and call some people and run it by it. So stephen A, keep up your on sports. I enjoy it, I like it, but don't make a fool of yourself anymore and talking about politics.
Speaker 1: What I find interesting about all of this is that a lot of what James Carvill himself has been saying sounds a lot like what the hell I've been saying, but before I get into that.
Speaker 2: First order of business study, you have to.
Speaker 1: Be so rude, you know, dropping f bombs and going all or you know, going off like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that's your nature. I understand that, but let's just say.
Speaker 1: Two can do that, you know, I mean, if you really wanted to get raw, ain't nobody hiding from that?
Speaker 2: I could be that way.
Speaker 1: It's just that my mama taught me to respect my elders, and you are eighty years of age if I remember correctly, and I'm trying to be respectful, so I'm not gonna come at you the way that you came to me.
Speaker 2: I thought that was completely unnecessary. That's number one. Number two, I religiously say.
Speaker 1: I'm no political officionado. I religiously say I don't know politics like that. I read, I watch the news. I'm a conscientious observer. But I do have to ask you a question, mister James Carville, albeit rhetorically, you do know that you're talking to a voter, right, Could that.
Speaker 2: Be one of the reasons why y'all lost just a thought.
Speaker 1: Because you sound like one of those old curmudgeons that want things to stay or be the way that they used to be, and you're resentful, harboring an abundance of animosity because you're not being heard.
Speaker 2: That's not Stephen A. Smith's fault, sir.
Speaker 1: That's that damn Democratic Party that I was talking about. You see, they shouldn't listen to me. Do you realize, James Carville, that that means they shouldn't have listened to you either, Which makes no sense because we were both right because guess what what I was saying is what you were saying. I saw you on Fox News, I saw you on CNN.
Speaker 2: I saw you on your podcast before the election.
Speaker 1: Wait the hell you think I got some of the stuff from when you were talking about the Democratic Party. I'm making that up. I'm making it up. When you were lamenting their strategy. I'm making it up. When I talked about Kamala Harris and not resonating with the audience. I'm making it up. When I talked about woke culture. I'm making it up. When I talked about they weren't focused on the right issues. I'm making that up. You didn't say any of those things.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. Let's see the audience.
Speaker 1: Let's show the audience rather exactly what you said.
Speaker 2: I didn't say hearing. I said, let's show it to them so they can see your faith. They know it's you. They know it you, James Carfield. This is your talking. Take a listen.
Speaker 4: We have no legislative power, we have no executive power, we have no judicial power. So when you're out of power, you're an opposition party, and go and tell all of the people that are sending you and asking you for money, justify what you did, Justify what you did wrong, and tell us what you're going to do different, because.
Speaker 3: What you've done a worth of shit. Get your head around that in all of the Washington based Democrats farting around going to wine and cheese parties and talking about how misogy and mistigret. To get your ass out of Washington and go work on a twenty twenty six campaign and do penance to make up for your goddamn arrogance and stupid. Well, we're gonna say we told you so. We told you this identity shit was disaster. We told you to get out in front of public safety issues. You didn't. We told you to have an open process and demonstrate the magnificent and staggering and deep talent that existed to mind Democratic Party. You didn't. We told you to differentiate yourself of Biden.
Speaker 4: You didn't.
Speaker 3: I hate to be some fucking know it all, but all of these things are part of the record.
Speaker 2: Where did I hear that before? I mean, did you hear.
Speaker 1: Him speaking ladies and gentlemen. Did you hear him speaking about woke culture? Did you hear him speaking about how you needed to separate yourself from Joe Biden? Did you hear him speaking about there was no primary? You remember that stuff? Which y'all here that before? What'd you here before?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You thought I was finished? I got more. I got more.
Speaker 1: Play the next clipper, James Carville, please show them.
Speaker 3: The first thing is somebody runs for Democratic nomination in twenty twenty eight. The first thing that I want to hear out of their mouth is I'm taking our message everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. I mean Joe Rogan, I mean Fox News, I mean Sunday Morning shows, I mean everything. I'm proud of what we have to offer. I'm going to go out and promote it, and I'm going to go out and defend it, and I'm going to go out and tack them, and I'm gonna do that all the time. Secondly, all of our events are going to be fun. There's going to be great music, there's going to be great comedians that are going to tell jokes before I come up. It's going to be an entirely different thing.
Speaker 2: With dour, it's.
Speaker 3: Always somebody's in a pissy mood, somebody's just and which is people. We're just not connected. We're not connecting at all. And it's just going to require some discipline and it's going to require a change of attitude.
Speaker 5: Just a little thought, mister James Carville, are you sure you wanting to be the dude that's pointing out how the Democrats look so dour and always in a pissy mood?
Speaker 2: You show you the right person that should deliver that message. Have you looked in the mirror.
Speaker 1: You show yourself. You've seen the way you've talked about yourself. You see the way you disseminate a message. You don't look dour, you don't look down, you don't look enthusiastic.
Speaker 2: Come on now, listen, sir. I respect you, and by the way.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your compliments about my sports career, My carean sports broadcasting what have you. Is very kind of you, that part very very much, so thank you, very very much. I do appreciate that, and I feel the same way about your political career. It's the economy stupid, still one of the most famous lines in political history back in nineteen ninety two when Clinton was running for.
Speaker 2: Office before he won to presidency. I got it. I understand. I know who you are. I know you've got your chops. I get you. But respectfully, sir, there's a couple of things that you need to understand.
Speaker 1: Most voters out there aren't political officionados, but just because they're not doesn't mean that they don't know that you know their ass from a hole in the wall. As you described me, I saw inflation. I saw the economy not being what the Democrats purported it was.
Speaker 2: I saw crime in the streets. I saw a crisis at our borders.
Speaker 1: I saw a president that was clearly diminished, to say the least. I saw the Democratic Party debatably, arguably engage in undemocratic behavior when you alter greased the skids to make sure he didn't experience a primary to ultimately send him to that debate stage. June twenty seventh and embarrass himself, waited an additional three weeks for him to get out of office so you could put Kamala Harris in there without any resistance. I heard you lament that, well, I lamented it too. I complained about it too. So we have to be as knowledgeable and as informed and as connected as James Carville to have a salient and decent opinion about what the hell is.
Speaker 2: Going on with the Democratic Party. That's what it takes.
Speaker 1: So respectfully, you're wrong, and you know you're wrong. Now, there's a lot of people that should have listened to you, and they made a mistake by not listening to you. I'm the exact opposite. You were one of the people that I was listening to break down the problems with.
Speaker 2: The Democratic Party. But in that sound that.
Speaker 1: I played for our audience, I noticed that there was a level of inconsistence see them.
Speaker 2: You talked about going.
Speaker 1: To see she should go and interview and sit down with everybody, the Joe Rogans of the world. The list goes on and on. Well, it's funny, sir, mister James Carville. I'm reading an article from Newsweek in November, and in that article. Before the election, you were talking about how you didn't like her strategy or the immediate after math of the election. I'm sorry you were lamenting how you didn't like the fact that she was sitting down with everybody.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think it was before the election you were talking about how you didn't like the fact that she was.
Speaker 1: Gonna sit down with Fox News, that she was gonna go on to view and all.
Speaker 2: Of this sudden stuff. You were talking about how you didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Now you sit back talking about if I'm a Democrat, I'd be around everybody, I'd go talk to everybody.
Speaker 2: That ain't what you said months ago.
Speaker 1: That's not what you said, sir, so respectfully, let me state this again for everybody to listen. My life is pretty damn good. I have no desire to be a politician. I want to contaminate and sully my life by entrenching myself in that cesspool in the nation's capital. I'm very very clear about that. And the pay would be significantly less. Let me add that too, at least for the eight years I'm in office, because I damn sure if I win the first election, I ain't losing a second. So understand I have no desire for it. What I said was, it's an absolute embarrassment that I am the person that's being mentioned and named. It's a disgrace to this Democratic Party. It shows you have no bullpen and I know that's what got your your inteners up, and that's what robbed you up even more so because you brought up how I have a relationship with Wes Moore and Jos Shapiro.
Speaker 2: Jos Shapiro, I met him one time in my life.
Speaker 1: I talked to him one time of my life, and Hey, I think he's a fabulous governor for the state of Pennsylvania, and I think he knows his stuff and I'm honored to have met him, and I'm looking forward to cultivating a relationship with him.
Speaker 2: West Wore is a different animal. I love this brother.
Speaker 1: I know him through sports because he and I talk about the Ravens all the time. I think he's doing a damn good job with the state of Maryland, and if there is a Democratic nominee to look at, it is definitely him. I think Wes Wore is an absolute winner. I'm not apologizing for that to anybody. I did not mean to imply that that there's nobody in the bullpen in terms of their capability.
Speaker 2: Sir, what I'm saying is who's resonating with.
Speaker 1: The national audience because you got Trump and that cult like following that he has. Who will go along with whoever Trump says to go along with in the event that he doesn't manipulate the Constitution and ends up getting a third term, so you can put his vote. You can qualify that as lock Stock and Beryl. Who's the Democrat that can galvanize an audience on a nationwide.
Speaker 2: Level to pull off the level of support.
Speaker 1: That it's going to take to upend and usurp a Trump alcoholite or somebody like that in the future.
Speaker 2: Who is that person going to be?
Speaker 1: Do I have to be in officionado in politics to say something like that. The Washington Post wrote an article about me today. God a damn halo over my head, trying to act like I'm Jesus, like I'm some savior. Ridiculous, But I don't mind. It was a good article and I'm not insulted by it.
Speaker 2: I'm simply saying to paint me in that picture. No, I'm not that dude.
Speaker 1: But in that article Will Caine, my former colleague at ESPN, now a host at Fox News with a weekday show every week there at four pm. He's to stay at the time. I'm happy for him. I'm proud of them. In the same breath that he was complimentary of me, he said I didn't know enough about the issues. He's absolutely right. I never said I did. I don't study Capitol Hill like I study sports.
Speaker 2: Do y'all want me to.
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: You know what kind of havoc i'dreak.
Speaker 1: If I sat down for a few weeks and just buried my brain and my face and my mind into the nuances of politics and what transpires on Capitol Hill. Are y'all sure y'all want that smoke?
Speaker 2: You sure about that? I mean, because it's like you're daring me too, mister James Carford, Like you're daring me too. You sure are? You sure? Might want to think about that, because you see when you sit back.
Speaker 1: And you allow your eya to subside and you embrace the true, authentic words that I was spewing. I wasn't questioning Josh Shapiro, I wasn't questioning Wes Moore. I'm not even questioning somebody like Harold for Junior who works on the five on Fox on Fox News. I think that the composure that he shows and what have you. He's a former representative, I think he could do some good things. All of these people are more qualified than me. All of them are more knowledgeable than me. How difficult is it to get knowledgeable about politics?
Speaker 2: If I really really wanted to make.
Speaker 1: Some noise all the tanks is a few weeks and a few phone calls with people that I can clearly talk to because I got him on speed dial.
Speaker 2: It ain't that hard. It's just out a lane.
Speaker 1: I want to venture into an official In an official capacity, I'd.
Speaker 2: Much rather remain a pundit alan commentator.
Speaker 1: But if you really really think, James Carville, about what I said, you've been saying the exact same things, which brings me to the culminating point of my dire dribe that dare I say might make you a bit uncomfortable? Is what I said really the problem since most of what I've said are things that I also heard you say?
Speaker 2: Or is it the fact that some novice.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't know is as from a hole in the wall when it comes to politics is resonating in the political stratosphere of more than you.
Speaker 2: The latter might be the case, it shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: I would advise anybody in the world to listen to you about politics more than me. That is not where I'm going. What I'm saying, sir, is that you coming at me the way that you did, frustration and your vitriol and your disrespect, which was completely unnecessary. Although you were complimentary about the sports, sir, I'm accusing your anger of being misplaced doesn't lie with me. Whether I'm talking about politics or I engaged in politics, I would always want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 2: Problem is not with me, my man. The problem is with those folks who are entrenched.
Speaker 1: In politics on Capitol Hill, young whipper snappers, breath smelling like Similac wet behind the ears, that don't want to listen to.
Speaker 2: Somebody like you. They pushed you out like you're an old guard. Similar to what happens in sports when you got.
Speaker 1: These young dudes that are heavily in the analytics that push out the older, wiser, elder basketball minds.
Speaker 2: It happens in politics too.
Speaker 1: Those young kids on Capitol Hill don't want to hear what you have to say. Evidenced by their faulty strategy during the election cycle, which you have religiously condemned. So, in other words, your problem isn't with me. Your problem is with them. Take it up with them. And if you're going to mention my name, can we cut out the profanity?
Speaker 2: Can we stop cussing? Can we stop acting like we're juveniles. You're better than that, sir, You're better than that.