Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend. It's been a worst weekend for Fritzie. Not only is Broncos losing, he lost a bet to Seaton Patriot fan and whatever the callers say, Todd has to agree with and then expound upon that. So one more hour to go, Todd, and then you'll be done.
Speaker 3: It's been a tough two hours.
Speaker 2: Tough eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle it DP show. A lot of reaction to this. The Caller is Always Right is a great segment.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 2: This has to be the longest three hours of your life. Fritzie, The Caller is Always Right easily the funniest show feature of the past three years.
Speaker 4: This is hysterical. Thank you Todd for being a good sport.
Speaker 3: Fun It's fun.
Speaker 4: I think it's all in fun. That's all content.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show NBA on NBC and Peak every Tuesday in primetime. Coast to Coast the Bucks without Yannis. I wonder if Jannis plays ever again for the Milwaukee Bucks. I wonder about this. The Bucks take on the Sixers in the last the Clippers and the Jazz. It begins Tuesday at eight eastern on NBC and Peacock. Poll question for the final hour of this Monday's program, Seaton.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, let me give you a quick update. Most surprising in the Super Bowl this year. Patriots are running away with that vote over the Seahawks. We have if you view a field goal in the red zone as adding three points are losing four? Huge portion of that, say, adding three points and now losing four. And who had the worst day yesterday? The Vikings franchise slightly, slightly by about a point, beating out Fritzy. The Jets franchise has about twenty two percent of that vote. Marvin's just sent over a poll question. Who should everyone know about before the big Game?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's Jackson Smith, Jigma. Absolutely are those the candida? I mean, how many Candidas?
Speaker 5: Oh he would be a on there, Yeah, Jackson Smith and Jigbah Drake May, Kenneth Walker the Junior, the third Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Mike McDonald, Yes, yeah, we're gonna know all about Sam Donald because I'm sure they'll be you know, a feature or two on Sam Donald.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you are the Patriots, do you double team JSN or do you put Christian Gonzales on there and just give that head to head matchup that probably everybody wants to see but might not get the chance to.
Speaker 2: Well, I would do what Belichick does, and that is why not double team your best player and then single cover your second best player.
Speaker 4: That's a smart way to do it.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yeah, there's one touchdown player where the Rams didn't cover him at all. That was a really really curious strategy to just let him run wild.
Speaker 4: How do you lose sight of him?
Speaker 7: They're incredulous, the announcers.
Speaker 2: Well, and Sam Donald did a great job, you know, kind of finding some time in there, and he stepped up and then he threw it to him. But I'm thinking of all the guys you're gonna throw to, maybe not hav ingim that wide open.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Paul Jazz ends one handed catch wasn't by necessity. He caught it, he held it, and he chose not to bring the other hand in. It wasn't being pinned behind him. That was a move.
Speaker 2: Mark Schlareth, NFL and Fox analyst three times Super Bowl champ with the Broncos. He was at the game in Denver yesterday with his former teammates joining us on the program. Hey, Mark, it's great to talk to you. We've been talking about this most of the morning. And that is the fourth down moment there with Jared Stidham. Your thoughts in the moment when you're there watching the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, we were all sitting, We were all sitting and standing around in Fate Manning's suite and it was me and it was Stokely, and it was Mike Shanahan, it was Peyton and.
Speaker 9: We all looked at it.
Speaker 8: Go just like this, you got to backup quarterback. You got a chance to go ten to nothing, and you know, and your defense is balling out of control.
Speaker 3: Like kick.
Speaker 9: All of us were in agreement at that point. Just kick the field goal. Just kick the field goal.
Speaker 8: And then you know, you come out with a little roll out pass and it was a debacle to begin with. And plus at that point you had to run the ball for two inches. So it's not like you feel like, hey man, they're really gonna respect our run game, right, They're really going to respect what we're doing here.
Speaker 9: As an offense.
Speaker 8: So we're just gonna run the QB sneak or we're just gonna run some power down the middle or ISO and really smash mouth these guys. They were kicking our ass up front. So I was I was like, kick the field goal, take the points.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: Ten nothing is a big score, especially with the weather report that you know it was.
Speaker 9: Gonna get nasty in the second half.
Speaker 8: That was the weather report that would have been you know, floated for the whole week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wondered about that.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the broadcast, but I didn't hear Nanson Romo talk about in pending doom with the weather because there was like a forty minute period where it changed the whole look literally the look of the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you know it's funny.
Speaker 8: On my radio show in Denver, we had our local weather guy on. I told him he was on notice, like if he wasn't right about the weather, then I was going to move to Kathy Saban because said she is balls when it comes to weather.
Speaker 9: She knows everything that's going on. And he was dead on man.
Speaker 8: Congratulations Chris Byonki because he told us in the second half, man expected the tempers is to compete to drop snow flurries coming in. Couldn't get nasty. I mean, he had it nailed, and of course that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: I wonder about this whole going forward on fourth down. It almost seems like you're a failure if you don't go forward on fourth down and you take the field goal and you leave four points out there. But I don't know if the data is able to show, well, who's my quarterback, who are we going against? What are the conditions? At what time of the game? Am I doing all of this stuff?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Dan, you know it's really funny. I get into arguments because I hate analytics. I hate all analytics people. I don't like nerds, and I always get into this with guys. You like the two point conversion play and we got to go for it on fourth down and all this stuff, and you get the sample size of data. But hey, man, if I haven't blocked your defensive front all day long, right, that data changes. If my guards can't handle your three techniques, and if my tackles can't handle your defensive ends, then we need to change like that.
Speaker 9: Math doesn't work. Math has never made a tackle.
Speaker 8: Math has never blocked anybody math has never done any of that stuff.
Speaker 9: And I always say this to analytics guys.
Speaker 8: How many two point conversion plays do you think are in any given game plan?
Speaker 9: And they're all like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: And we go in with one that we like and one that we kind of like, and we practice them on Fridays in hats and T shirts, so you know, ever get a full rep look a two point play and so that math is that to me, that math is faulty and you've got to understand, like that the feel of the game.
Speaker 9: And I thought Sean made a major gaff not.
Speaker 8: Going for it or not kicking that field goal, but that has become endemic of the league in general. Like nobody, nobody. It's almost like you're e're a woosie if you kick a field goal. And I hate the momentum shift.
Speaker 9: I hate it all. Like take the points.
Speaker 2: Talking to Mark Schlere, the NFL and Fox analyst three times Super Bowl champ before we kick the Broncos to the curb, looks going into next year, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 9: I love the way the team is built.
Speaker 8: I think they need some more weapons on the offensive side of the ball for bow Knicks. But I love I love the way bo Nicks played, and I love the I love his ability to rise his game to a level that you have to have. You know, I said it on my show many times. When it's not cut in time, he cuts nuts. And I can't explain it any better than that, Like he just is when the pressure is on and you have to be your best. He has been his best all year. He's going to continue to develop in the boring stuff. The boring stuff to me is the difference between winning championships and not winning championships. He's got to be better in the boring stuff. But they need running back, They need a you know, they need more or premiere tight end.
Speaker 9: They haven't had a tight end here.
Speaker 8: Since Shannon's sharp and we really haven't been able to figure that position out.
Speaker 4: How good was it watching from Peyton Manning suite.
Speaker 9: It's awesome. It is.
Speaker 8: It's awesome because you know, I do radio here in Denver with Brandon Stokely, and so we've got this ongoing feud. And I walked into the suite and Peyton Manning the Broncos put a bunch of pictures of me, singular pictures of me on the wall, which really got to under Stoke Lese because he was there with his boys. And you know, we're still children. I turned sixty yesterday, Dan, and I said, hey, man, I look in the mirror to me, I still see thirty and I act like the fifteen year old. That makes me forty five. I am right there in the prime spot for me.
Speaker 2: What was your biggest takeaway from Seattle? Eliminating the rams?
Speaker 8: I have just been and I have been like the pied piper of what Sam Donald has been through. And you know, I sat down with Kyle Shanahan and like just talked about Sam Donald when Sam was a backup quarterback in San Francisco, and he said, first off, he gets drafted by the Jets. Jeremy base was there was a Peyton Manning disciple. So he goes, he gets drafted by the Jets and they put him in the Peyton Manning offense. There's one guy in the history of the National Football League that could run the Peyton Manning office.
Speaker 9: That was Peyton Manning.
Speaker 8: Then he gets shipped off to Carolina and he's running, you know, Matt Ruhle's collegiate offense. And so when he had a chance to go to San Francisco, he had a chance to go to compete for starting jobs elsewhere. He said, I need to learn how to play football in the NFL.
Speaker 9: He humbled himself, went.
Speaker 8: There as a backup, then did what he did in Minnesota.
Speaker 9: They kicked him to the curb.
Speaker 8: He was the destination spot in for John Schneider said, that's the guy we want.
Speaker 9: And to watch him do what he did.
Speaker 8: And then to outduel or to go toe to toe with Matt Stafford in an NFC championship game with all the weapons that Matthew Stafford had, I just I thought that was phenomenal. What an unbelievable performance by that kid, because you know, I don't think a lot of people had that on their pingo card, him going toe to toe with Stafford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you bring up an interesting point. It's you know, Kyle Shanahan can make you a better quarterback. He can make you see the game differently and put you in positions where you're going to succeed. And he's carried that over to Seattle. But you look at Seattle's offense, I think people gonna be introduced to Jackson Smith Nujigba. They're gonna be like, who's this guy because they haven't watched Seattle probably most of the year, and he's right there with Pooka Nakua.
Speaker 8: He certainly is. He is so smooth in and out of breaks and no matter like, no matter what they ask him to do. You watch it and I did a Seattle game this year, and you watch him play, and as you're studying the film, like he just always finds the opening, whether he's in man, whether he's in zone. He's got a great feel, unbelievable the top of his route, his stems and just getting out and all of a sudden becoming a very friendly target. And he's so dynamic with the underneath stuff. You know, you dump it to him and he's gonna get you an extra you know, four or five yards whatever.
Speaker 9: It is. Like, the kid is just amazing.
Speaker 8: And honestly, when you look at it, Dan, it's not like Puka, who's got Devanta Adams on the other side.
Speaker 9: He's got you know, four tight ends. It can all get down the seams and win. It's Smith and Jigma.
Speaker 8: And then it's a bunch of other guys, you know, Bobo and you look at Obviously Cooper Cup is unbelievable, but he does all the underneath stuff.
Speaker 9: It just is, it just feels different.
Speaker 8: It feels like, hey, if you can shut down in Jigba, you can beat the Seahawks and nobody can do it.
Speaker 2: The uh Terrek Luland's taunting penalty that could have gone down in history. That could have been you know, because Pooka then scores a touchdown right after that, and you could even see his teammates were matt they were limited at him for you know, a stupid taunting penalty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's one of those things, Dan, you know, you talk about it, you talk about it, you talk about it. I always say, listen, man, we're a bunch of pe majors that play this game. None of us like genius and football mutually exclusive events.
Speaker 9: But that's one of those things you go into and you say, man.
Speaker 8: We can't have these penalties, we can't have this, we can't have that, and especially taunting.
Speaker 9: Hey, man, if you're going to get a penalty, get your money's worth.
Speaker 8: You know, a late hit, you know, make somebody feel it in their ribs, right, I mean what And yeah it sounds neanderthalic, but that's what I am.
Speaker 9: And so I'm like, I understand. Sometimes that's a good thing for a defense.
Speaker 8: I go back to that twenty fifteen Broncos defense, the no flies on them. They were good for at least one personal foul of game, maybe two, just to let you know that they're going to be there, right.
Speaker 9: But the taunting thing is that's just it's again. It's one of those stupid things.
Speaker 8: But the great news for Seattle and their fans because all my boys from college or I'm on a text thread, they're all live in Seattle. So they wanted him shipped out at like instantly, They're like, they're so mad at him. But he's a good player, man, He's been a really good player for them. I'm sure they'll clean that up. But that is one of those major gaps that you just can't have.
Speaker 2: Drake may will be the second youngest quarterback to start a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Is he ready for this?
Speaker 9: I think so? They.
Speaker 8: I mean, dever shut that offense down and he made he made I think six scrambles. He made a couple of scrambles that were big time, I mean big time scrambles that put them you know, that swung field position or gave them a chance.
Speaker 9: And so, but how he is.
Speaker 2: Does a quarterback not tell the offensive line that he's going to change the play and he's the only one, so that that bootleg when he kept for himself, he didn't tell his teammates.
Speaker 4: How often would that happen?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 8: Not often, But it's the best, it's the best way to do it. Like sometimes when you put in some RPO stuff, like the offensive line never.
Speaker 9: Knows if you're gonna have it off or you're gonna throw it. They don't, So that that part in the r P O game happens quite frequently because the.
Speaker 8: One thing you want when you're running a run action play action play is you want complete and total sellout by the offensive line. You don't want them to know because ultimately the defense then is going to buy into that and you can get things over the top.
Speaker 9: So a lot of times we used.
Speaker 8: To have and we used to have plays in where it was just an automatic smoke screen. If you know, your slot receiver has got a defensive back who's twelve yards off and we're running fourteen handoff to the right, and all of a sudden, quarterback just pops up and throws it you're just plucking, and all of a sudden, you're like the defensive line like you're comboing up to a middle linebacker, and all of a sudden, he takes off across the field the opposite way, and you're like, did what happened? Well, we threw it out there and the quarterback didn't tell you. But that play in particular was brilliant by a young core. I mean brilliant because you knew they were going to sell out on that what was it a fourth down and short? You knew they were going to sell out on that, and Drake May keeping that thing was incredible.
Speaker 4: Happy sixtieth to you, stink. Thanks for joining us, buddy.
Speaker 9: I appreciate Dan. Take care, buddy. Always great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Mark Schlerath NFL on Fox Analyst, three time Super Bowl champ with the Broncos. More phone calls. The caller is always right today for it's he losing the bet. He's got his can Coon shirt on. You're ready for vacation, you and Sean Payton.
Speaker 12: Yeah, unfortunately instead of Santa Clara, we're taking a detour.
Speaker 3: To an island instead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, he brought that shirt with him yesterday.
Speaker 7: Oh remember our discussion do you bring a losing outfit?
Speaker 12: WHOA I had Bronco stuff, I had the can Coon stuff. I should have learned my lesson. My wife always says, why do you hang all your Bronco stuff? It always brings you bad luck. The more Bronco stuff, the worse.
Speaker 3: And I didn't listen.
Speaker 2: Can Coon on three. We'll take a break. We're back after this with more phone clothes.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 13: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Dollar with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour. I'll tell you it's a spin off of that Ben Mather show, a coult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will? We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to the Fifth Hour with Ben Mather on the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Aside from the football over the weekend, there was a guy who climbed a building on Netflix. Alex Honold. He a free solo climber and he scaled Type one oh one, one of the world's tallest buildings. Here's the problem. I don't know if it got much attention here in the United States. He also said he whatever he got paid, it was like mid six figures.
Speaker 4: But if you're gonna climb.
Speaker 2: A building line like that, I would have thought you'd get a little more attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, he didn't seem unhappy with what he got paid, but he was like.
Speaker 5: Man in the grand scheme of things, considering what I'm doing, this is just not enough money. He's the guy from that movie Free Solo, Yes right, yes, which was insane. That movie is crazy. It's about him climbing l in Yosemite. Yes, holy smokes.
Speaker 2: And he did it without any help, any ropes, like nothing. That's what free solo means, So you do it without any type of safety equipment. Yeah, and here he is climbing this building and I don't know, I don't It was one of those where I saw it after the fact and I go, oh wow, now I wouldn't have watched it. Like him standing on top of the building and taking selfies like that wigged me out. I'm like, you know, you start to have that pit in your stomach.
Speaker 5: I can't even watch those videos because I do, I start to like almost get dizzy.
Speaker 4: Yeah to see good Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 7: That's a job where you asked for the money up front, right, Alex Hanold. Yeah, you don't wait till the end to see how it works out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They showed people, They allowed people to be in the building and they were yelling and taking pictures of him. And there was one moment where it was like this curved piece of the building, he had his legs like a crab around it. He leaned backwards out and no hand had chalked up his hands. That was where I was like, oh, no, no, yes, Ton.
Speaker 12: If you're watching from in the building, do you accidentally put goo high five? Oh no, hold on, It could be very dangerous if it's not high five and somebody.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ton. Imagine if you went the high five minute he pushed him up a billet. That'd be crazy.
Speaker 2: Steve in New Hampshire, Good morning Steve. No, Now, if something happens to this guy Bronco.
Speaker 12: The Broncos didn't climb higher like they was supposed to all outside in power field at my I said, climb higher.
Speaker 3: This guy is the one that did the climbing higher. Anyway, was he a mile high? It might have been?
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi Steve.
Speaker 14: Hey guys, I have a best of the weekend to work for the weekend and a question for Todd. Best of the weekend obviously my Patriots going back to the Super Bowl, and I'm going to echo Marvin's worst of the weekend. As a football fan, I would have loved to see Devata Adams make it to a Super Bowl. And I would like to get Todd's opinion on the Beatles being one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 3: Todd, the Beatles are wonderful.
Speaker 12: I got a chance recently to look back to some of the old footage, and now I understand why women were screaming and yelling and passing out where ambulances had to come and take them out, because just their lyrics and everything about them was so original and creative and interesting.
Speaker 3: And I think I've had it wrong all this time.
Speaker 12: The Beatles are actually underrated for what they've accomplished in the history of music.
Speaker 4: Once again, the caller is always right.
Speaker 3: They love you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, Yes, she loves you.
Speaker 3: Hold my hand.
Speaker 2: But the fact that you part of the reason why you don't like the Beatles is because you were jealous of how they got women to react to them.
Speaker 12: Yes, I always wanted to, I aspired, which never worked out to me. If that's why I went to the gym when I was younger. I used to bodybuild to get that kind of reaction or anything where someone gives you a second look or screams or wants to throw articles.
Speaker 3: Of clothing at you or passes out in your presence.
Speaker 2: Girls, girls have screamed in your presence before, not for the reasons you know. I get away Landon in Michigan, h Landon, Hey.
Speaker 15: Dan, first time, long time. Look, this has just gotta be the epitome of the genius of this bit, and it has to be a regular bit. But I'm not gonna I'll just cut right to the chase, because I'm a vocal instructor, a professional vulcal instructor in Michigan and pad I don't know you've been told this before. I know, singing for last that's a good thing, Dad, singing because you think you can do it as a profession. It's a problem. And it's a problem that you actually believe you can do it is a problem.
Speaker 4: Wow. Do you want to agree with the caller?
Speaker 3: Well said, I can't rhyme words. I can't sing elect in the shower.
Speaker 12: I've been led to believe, which most people think that they sound decent.
Speaker 2: But all of the things said today, this hurts the most. I think that you can't sing in the spirits of what we're doing today. He really, you know, he hit a chord there, an emotional chord. But he might be just right about that. I have no business singing. Be nice of you hit a chord. Becky and Wisconsin. I Becky, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Hey guys, good morning. I made the bat what's had about a little over a month ago for that Broncos Attackers game, and obviously I lost, which I'm okay with. I didn't do the pie yet because I was using it as an opportunity to raise money for my special Olympics team and the agency, and so I I'm doing the Polar Plunge in two weeks, which I know you guys did in Minnesota a couple of years back, and I am letting the top fundraisers for my two agencies be the ones that deliver the pie in the face. And I was thinking, since you know, it's obviously supporting such a great class that's a little bit of amazing and everything, that maybe it'd be a good idea of top made a donation for my plunge and ultimately more than two high than going to be receiving instead of one.
Speaker 3: Todd, what do you think I would be happy to make a donation. I know they will tease me about how I'm last to pick up.
Speaker 4: A jack and where you are and you are.
Speaker 12: You know, I could be very generous, especially when I put on the spot on Natural Radio TV. I could be a very generous person. And we'll have Tyler take down your information and let me know the website or how it can make a donation, and I can assure you I will donate the amount that remains to be seen, but it will be a donation.
Speaker 3: I'll be happy to participate in a.
Speaker 2: Right and Becky all match whatever Todd donates five bucks.
Speaker 1: Lunch on me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Becky. Title will get your information.
Speaker 2: Todd will send out his donation, and so why uh Brian in Connecticut?
Speaker 4: Hi Brian, Hey d C.
Speaker 9: How are you doing great?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 17: Point, I got a best and the worst, and the caller is always right simple on the best and worst.
Speaker 4: Best was obviously.
Speaker 17: Watching two great championship football games yesterday. Worst is football seasons almost over. The seasons go faster every year for the callers. All right, Todd, I got your back this time. You've been doing an amazing job, great sport today. I want to go out there and say that you, along with Lee Corso and media, you guys are national treasures. So I want you to repeat after me, Todd. I am a national treasure.
Speaker 12: I am a national treasure. I feel like a big setup for something at the end of this.
Speaker 17: However, there's a group out there we love you. You're a national.
Speaker 9: Treasure, my man. Keep up the good work, guys. Stay safe for the snow.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 3: I'm very kind of Brian. He knows I'm having a tough day today.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk a little bit more about the international treasure.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a kind, gentle, curious, fun person. I like to make people laugh, and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 12: I just I hopefully people enjoy being in being around me, and that's all I could really ask if I can make people laugh, and someone like Brian could take time to reach out and say that it makes me feel good, it made me happy.
Speaker 2: You're a national treasure who should be buried, national buried, Trussure.
Speaker 12: I knew this was gonna end up twisting in a negative way at some point. Couldn't just leave it alone what Brian said.
Speaker 2: And neither could You could not know you could? Jesse in Kansas, Hi, Jesse, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hey, I'll give taught a quick break here. Just want to get your opinion, Dan, you and Ross were talking about second.
Speaker 9: Second chance coaches.
Speaker 18: Yep, And I was what I know you like Brian Flores. I was wondering about him to the Raiders. There is that patriot connection there, but the history of the Raiders, you know, they used to give lots of guys second chances in the seventies and eighties. So get your second chance, head coach, and get your Latina quarterback going the Super.
Speaker 4: Bowl five years. Yeah, but I and thanks for the phone call, Jesse.
Speaker 2: I saw where Brian Flores is probably going back to the vikings that he's probably not getting a head coaching job. I don't have any information on it. I thought that that might be a great landing spot for him, a connection with Brady. You bring in somebody who is established, well thought of, maybe can set sort of the locker room culture the way Mike Brabel did. But I don't think he's going to get that job. The way Tom Brady talked about Clint Koobiak, the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks, would lead me to believe he could be your next head coach with the Raiders. Plus, you get somebody who's coming in, you don't have to spend overspend, and you're already paying what three coaches already, and you could bring in somebody.
Speaker 4: His dad was a head coach. Was he a head coach, Todd? I know he was an offensive coordinator?
Speaker 3: IRA have to check Kubiak, Gary Kubiak, Yeah, yeah, he was brothering of the Broncos head head coach.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you didn't hear what I was saying, And that's why I think Clint.
Speaker 12: Kubiak and Clint Kubyak definitely wasn't. But Gary Kubiak led Denver for ever short period of time.
Speaker 2: So Clint Kubiak, who was mentioned a numerous times he was dialing up things last night.
Speaker 3: Why why they need to mention the name somebody times?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. It's almost like when Kirk kurb Street talks about Todd Munkin, he Herbie loves Todd Munkin because Todd Munkin is dialing some things up. Not like Clint Kubiak though. Yeah, Tom has this what's the accent that he's got going on here?
Speaker 5: Not really sure, but he has a funny like and like effect, a little bit of an effect going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a play auction poster Stopford.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Aaron Andrews has picked it up too.
Speaker 5: It's a very funny thing within the Fox broadcast proecasting team.
Speaker 2: I would say Tom got it from Aaron maybe, yeah, she's been there. Although you know, the reviews are we're in with Tom and Kevin Burkhart that they did a really good job with the broadcast.
Speaker 12: Yes, about those pizza had a little little much of that just me but rotating after the uber eats.
Speaker 3: Oh that's even worse.
Speaker 4: I know, what is that?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: These numbers have to be crazy for these AFC NFC title games just because you had the Midwest and the East and Southeast getting buried by snow and everybody was inside. So you'll you're gonna do probably at least forty million for both of those games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Paulie, I'm starting to enjoy Tom Brady partner with franchises he would never eat at. It's like become his thing he went with. He's going to go all down through.
Speaker 5: Them, like ones that go directly in conflict with the like TV twelve brands for the last ten years.
Speaker 7: High sodium, a lot of bread. Yeah, Fatty, let's get on. There's no way, no way, no way, no way.
Speaker 12: Twenty piece chicken McNugget with a Yale done.
Speaker 4: Twenty million, twenty million.
Speaker 2: Hudson in Albany, Hi, Hudson, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: Thank you for taking my call?
Speaker 18: First time, long time fortune eighty seven towns.
Speaker 10: I'm going for the best and the worst of the weekends.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, I have snow in my town.
Speaker 9: Three to four inches and no school today.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you live in Albany and you had three to four inches and you don't have school.
Speaker 9: Hudson, Albany, Texas.
Speaker 11: Yes, oh, it's like, yeah, I got off, I'm in Moscow and today it's Moscow, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Oh, what is your worst? Hudson in Albany, Texas, the.
Speaker 10: Rams losing against the Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for calling in and enjoy your day off.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's Hudson from Albany.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking what Yeah, I'm calling from uh from Rochester. Uh, Rochester, Florida. We got three to four inches. Damn What Texas doesn't know what to do with snow?
Speaker 4: Well, I lived in it.
Speaker 2: I lived in Atlanta, and a hard rain people would just pull off to the side of the row.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't even drive in a hard rain.
Speaker 2: There was one snowplow when I lived in Atlanta. They might as well had Zamboni out there trying to clear things. Josh and san Antonio. Hi, Josh, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan?
Speaker 18: I can't wait for the show to end so we could all move on to things that are more fun and more lucrative.
Speaker 19: And maybe when it's spart to me, don't you agree?
Speaker 3: Talk? Wow, this is what you're gonna do? Yeah, I think it's right.
Speaker 12: Its course, you know, we'll lip up to the we'll lip around for these next two years and get to the finish line eventually. But yeah, I could see you where you would be kind of want to move on to other things.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Josh, Eric and Michigan.
Speaker 6: Hi Eric, Oh, yes, I've been watching for fifteen years and this is just one of the funniest days I've ever seen. With Todd on the other day, I got to think of his sausage off, yes, and this going with him taking all the hits. I just want to uplout him for that, and I just want to see I just want to hear his thoughts on how he's unable to rhyme sausage off compared to taking all these other calls.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Eric's complimentary that this is as funny as you've ever been.
Speaker 12: I've had a lot of trouble with rhymes, but he made a good point about that. I think I have some kind of Tonight's was that the little ringing in your ear, I'm gonna blame it on Matt that what's in a while, that's just sounds coming through my ear that aren't there, that are blocking my ability to rhyme words.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 20: Keith and Chico Hi, Keith, Hey Dan, I just wanted to comment and have a callers always right with Fritzy, Sam Darnold his redemption art?
Speaker 21: How quick do you think Seattle needs to react and maybe give him an extension? Maybe another payday? And Fritzy, do you know about Game of Thrones? Because you look exactly like Verius from that show? Thanks guys, it sounds like I wouldn't be a cap.
Speaker 12: I'm not familiar with Game of Thrones, but I can't imagine that being something positive that he was trying to.
Speaker 4: Does anybody know who this character is on Game of Thrones? Which one is it? Is it Varus? What is it Paulin?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a big guy, very very bald, kind of thick, okay, not a bad looking guy, okay.
Speaker 5: H he's like the dude who uh he sort of like orchestrates things behind the scenes and sort of like is like the puppet master a little bit for him.
Speaker 4: And what's his name? Varus Vus?
Speaker 12: But visually he doesn't sound particularly appealing the way that was. He is not, but that was a shot, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Not a looker.
Speaker 4: Last call for phone calls? What we learned? What's in story?
Speaker 3: Personal? Now, I don't know, that's not what this was meant to be.
Speaker 2: Well, who said what it's meant to be? I guess callers could say whatever they wanted to say. The callers are always right if we're keeping.
Speaker 3: It to like sports topics of my fandom, of music or teams.
Speaker 4: But I'll take a break. Last call for phone calls? What we learn?
Speaker 1: What's in store tomorrow? Right after this? Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls?
Speaker 9: What we learn?
Speaker 2: What's in store tomorrow. We had a caller saying that Todd resembles Verus from Game of Thrones, and we weren't familiar with him. Now we find out that he's a bald unuch. So I would say, that's not a compliment, not a comp not a compliment.
Speaker 3: Playing at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got you got thirteen more minutes to put up with this.
Speaker 12: Like looking at the mirror. Now that I look at the pictures online here, it's like look at.
Speaker 4: The strip in Vegas high trip.
Speaker 22: Hey, good morning, Dan, always good to talk to y'all. I got a couple for Todd. I was thinking with the in the Denver game, with the weather conditions and short passing, I think Philip Rivers should have been brought into play quarterback your name?
Speaker 4: What do you think about Philip Rivers instead of uh Stiddy?
Speaker 12: I think that would have been the way to go. I think we win by at least nine points if Rivers was under centered.
Speaker 4: Okay, strongly about that.
Speaker 2: Brian in Texas, Philip Rivers took his name out of the running for the Buffalo Bill's head coaching job, as he should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian a lot of only time he's ever pulled out of something jokes going, oh lots of job. Whoa too soon?
Speaker 3: Dang, that's funny though.
Speaker 4: That one the coaching search. He pulled his name out of the coaching search. I know job. We talk about that all the time with ten kids.
Speaker 15: Hi, Brian, Hey fritzy rant last week about the points spread in the Denver game. I was brain watching to take in Denver money line.
Speaker 14: I would like some tough thoughts on how important points spreads are.
Speaker 12: Points spreads are everything if you think about it every waking moment and when I'm dreaming at night, I think about the points spreads and how something would go from five and a half to four and a half to three and a half. And I still have no idea how that works, but you'll explain it to me at some point.
Speaker 4: Todd has no idea how points spread.
Speaker 3: It's where the money goes. As I can do with the mafia deciding what the points.
Speaker 4: Todd thinks that everything else to do with the Mafia do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marshall and Orlando, Hi Marshall, Hey guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 19: You know what's funny about this show today is that at some point this segment seeks to become a bit because hearing Todd articulate calmly about the Beatles about not hogging the left lane or not be rating bagel shop employees has Actually the callers were right all day, and it only makes Todd's normal takes.
Speaker 9: Even more neurotic.
Speaker 19: So the only thing I'll ask for Todd for him to comment that, in no way, shape or form does he have any supernatural impact on the Bronco game outcome.
Speaker 12: Much all the screaming and yelling I've invested since like age seven, thinking that what I'm yelling at the screen.
Speaker 4: But you're in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've got all of your jerseys and you got your choch keys, your good luck charms.
Speaker 4: You're by yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I set up a bunch of stuff and I thought that was going to somehow bring them good luck.
Speaker 3: I was wearing.
Speaker 12: Broncos sweatpants and I had it all going my wristbands and it didn't work. And my wife told me that always goes badly for you. The more stuff you put out, it doesn't work out, especially in the playoffs or the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Andla in Florida just coming off, honey, just I mean, you should be on a shot clock. You should be Hi, Leila, how you doing?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 10: Guys sound great today? Talk about a wonderful football season. Today I met five to five and weighing in it's practically perfect in every way. We wanted thanks guys.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 10: I wanted to shout out to Fritzy to say you are a champ and definitely a national treasure with Brian and what a great game. Leaving on that super Bowl and the topic in the copone home this season has been the distance between the goalposts at eighteen and a half feet, so it's nineteen oh one. Do you think it should be changed?
Speaker 2: No? I I don't have opinion. You know, these guys are really good, and then they get really good at something, then they want to change it because you're really good at something.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You saw what happened yesterday with missed field goals there with the weather it. You know, you get to the postseason. Now all of a sudden, the field goals they are found money, so they're not not as much a given, yes, Todd.
Speaker 12: Can they slowly make the field goal posts turn three sixty almost.
Speaker 3: Like a mini golf shot where you've got a time it so that when it comes back around and when you should start kicking it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if there's going to be a point where they bring the old post in depending, you know, or they raise the crossbar, maybe they do something. I just it's like the Eagles with the uh tosh push. I don't want to penalize you take it away just because you're really good at it. Everybody can do this. It's not like they're the only ones who can run this. Is it aesthetically pleasing?
Speaker 3: No, but.
Speaker 2: The game was an aesthetically pleasing you know, back in the fifties sixties when they're just running it three yards in a cloud of dust.
Speaker 4: This day and sports history, pol.
Speaker 7: Zz top James Brown and the Blues Brothers did the Super Bowl in nineteen ninety seven Packers versus Patriots and O three. The Buccaneers defeated the Raiders in the Super Bowl for John Gruden becoming the youngest coach ever to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Eighty six Bears, Oh, they beat the Patriots. Richard Dent named MVP Jim in Michigan. Hi, Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 17: Kind of a best of them, more of a classy move.
Speaker 23: Matt Stafford searching out super cop kick, congratulating him on the you know, the move on there was kind of a classy move.
Speaker 9: I thought, yep, And.
Speaker 17: I do have something for Todd.
Speaker 13: Todd is before you started, you.
Speaker 23: Know that you know the show there in the sports and that is it a tree that you tried out for Michael Flatley's river dance?
Speaker 4: Did you did you triumph?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: ID never found that out.
Speaker 12: I thought, you know, I told just to select few people, but I did try to do the river dance, and I was the backup if someone got sick.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately that never happened. But I was ready to dance.
Speaker 4: You were the lord of the dance.
Speaker 3: You should you should have seen me.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can only imagine, and I.
Speaker 3: Got plant of fascionitis.
Speaker 9: Now, of course you did.
Speaker 4: Todd, what did you learn today?
Speaker 9: Set parts out?
Speaker 12: Matthew Stafford continues to play at high level of the playoffs, but often others around him let him down.
Speaker 4: Seaton, what did you learn today? Good for Sam Darnold Marvin? Did you learn anything today?
Speaker 3: There's an Albany, Texas.
Speaker 4: And they got snow? Paul? Would you learn a green? Todd? Was very funny, Todd? What did I learn?
Speaker 3: Mike?
Speaker 9: Goal?
Speaker 12: Impressed with how Mike Rabel's Patriots team plays clean, accountable, aggressive.
Speaker 4: Oh that was fun today, Todd. You were a good sport.
Speaker 3: I actually enjoyed that in some sick way.
Speaker 2: Seaton came up with a great bet there for Fritzy Seat and Mark Paula yours truly, and of course the back room guys. Have a great Monday, everybody. We'll talk to you tomorrow.