Speaker 1: The comments are definitely full. Hey, welcome to Brick and Jeffrey in your Second Date podcast from yesterday's brand new second Date update with the defensive driving drama. Yeah yeah, we're just gonna review some of those real quickly.
Speaker 2: Alexis dude run run crazy lady, red flag oh danger, hell no, red flag controlling run, So yeah, it will get worse.
Speaker 1: Red flag, red flag.
Speaker 3: Red flag.
Speaker 1: So people thought they were cute together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's basically what I gathered.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, one person said, I mean he said he wanted a little spicy in he got it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah he did.
Speaker 5: We go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a whole have an arrow. Yeah, that was fun. So we love when you leave your comments, send your feedback on the segments. It's so rad. And today we have a brand new one. Oh my god, it's one of our most popular second dates of the last year, the European Dating comple.
Speaker 2: Yes, speaking of comments, you guys were all a fandom after this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not believe the update. Remember, we're gonna play the original and then in part three, after a quick commercial. Sorry, in part three, we're gonna get him back on the phone. And what they have to say is truly shocking. Stay here, Stay here. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: It's hard to admit, but there's certain things that Europe just objectively does better than us.
Speaker 1: That was quick, Alexi, just name one.
Speaker 4: Also, soccer nude beaches, laws that prevent you from marrying your cousin. Yeah, we're not quite willing to let that one go yet.
Speaker 1: Unless you're in the royal family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it's still chill. But when two of our listeners told us about European dating, we were all wondering, wait, is that really how it works there? And it led to quite the conversation, one of our most popular calls of the past year, and that's why we're having them back on again to give us a special update update. We're gonna do it right after this.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: What are the classic signs that your date is not going well? Maybe they keep forgetting your name, Yeah, they asked the waiter for separate checks before you even order out. Or they FaceTime their mom trying to hook you up with her instead.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you.
Speaker 6: Upgrading dates?
Speaker 4: They liked the showy It sound as bad as that, I thought, But our listener, Noah said he saw clear signs immediately on his date that things were just not going right immediately.
Speaker 1: That means she's not even given you a chance.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from him. Noah, welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: God immediately, this is terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So tell us about the name of this lady and how you met her.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So her name is Sophie and we met on a dating app.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 6: She's got these beautiful brown eyes, long dark hair. I mean, to be honest with you, I just felt like I was lucky that she matched with me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a nice compliment.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: He likes her, you know.
Speaker 6: And we started like messaging really quickly, and I got the impression that she's like a worldly.
Speaker 1: Person, like she travels a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like she's a traveler, you know, and.
Speaker 1: You like that about her obviously. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 6: I mean, I admit I haven't really traveled much in my life, but I like that, you know, and I like somebody.
Speaker 1: To know stuff, and maybe that's somebody that, yeah, introduce it to you.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, I mean it was. I was all about it, and eventually it got to the point where I was like, well, do you want to meet up in person? And she said yeah, And she said she wanted to go on a European date.
Speaker 1: Does that mean it dinner starts at eleven pm?
Speaker 6: It was kind of weird thing, right, Like I didn't exactly know what that meant. And she mentioned Scandinavia for like the Nordic countries or something, and.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go have some pickled fish.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a scanning coffee shop here that's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe she wanted to go Dutch, meaning she wants to split it equally.
Speaker 6: And I didn't want to like ask anything because I didn't want to seem like dumb, you know, I didn't want to seem like I didn't know what she was talking about. So I just sort of pretended that I knew what she was talking about.
Speaker 1: Wait, and you're going to have to plan a date without knowing what she wants.
Speaker 6: I just rolled the dice and I made a reservation at a couple of different places, and I just figured i'd let her pick.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so she wanted me to pick her up her apartment and she looked just like her.
Speaker 1: Pick okay, good time, okay, And then where does it go bad? Because you said it went you got bad signs immediately.
Speaker 6: Well, so this is where it started to get weird. So while I was at her place, I told her that I made some dinner reservations at European restaurants and.
Speaker 7: She said, I don't know if we should do that what? So I said, like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 6: And she was just sort of noncommittal, you know, she said she was pretty tired.
Speaker 1: Oh didn't that annoy you? I'm sorry, but like you went through all this trouble and she's being kind of rude about it in her house.
Speaker 6: Well, it was less annoying and more just weird because she had confirmed a half hour before this, and she said that she was like ready to go to bed and you're.
Speaker 1: Running Night's over what like Alexi said, you're inside her apartment and she's canceling the.
Speaker 2: Date in yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I was starting to get worried that maybe I didn't look like my pictures or something like did.
Speaker 4: I accidentally catfish this woman?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I didn't think I misrepresented myself, but I just didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 4: Or maybe she has a certain standard of European restaurant that she wants to go to and the ones that you chose weren't up to that level.
Speaker 1: Or maybe she was asking you to go to bed with her immediately.
Speaker 4: That's just how brain works.
Speaker 1: Maybe you were so sexy that you walked in and she's like, ooh, I'm tired gets the dinner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was lying.
Speaker 6: If I said that thought didn't briefly pass through my head, but that was not.
Speaker 3: The vibe I was getting it all.
Speaker 4: Okay, so did you end up going out to eat anywhere?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I only spent like fifteen minutes there at her apartment, and I've been texting her but she hasn't been responding, and I really want to go out with her. But I figured, like, maybe I screwed up somehow, and I just don't know how.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously you did, but I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's hard to like think that you should even give this girl anymore time because of the way she treated you.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, it sounds like he wants to know what the reason was before he finally moves on.
Speaker 1: Well, and it also sounds like she's really hot, so he'll put up.
Speaker 3: With a lot really hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well, we're going to come back we'll call Sophie and try to get her to agree to I mean, at least an American date, all the fast food cubeon she can handle. We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 2: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: Out of all the dates that we've heard about this year, this one might be the shortest. Just fifteen minutes that Noah spent was Sophie, Yeah, and most.
Speaker 1: Of it was spent talking about how she didn't want to be in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or trying to figure out which European restaurant they should go to if they go out at all. It wasn't a very productive conversation till eventually she just said, you know what, I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed.
Speaker 9: God. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that would not even like come with me, no, just like I'm sleepy. That was basically it. And now, to be fair, Noah did say she is very hot, and hot girls do require more beauty sleep, so we should probably give her a little bit of grace on that is that how it works so I've heard.
Speaker 1: I will say I feel like I dropped a couple of points since kids, and it's not because of anything other than just the lack of sleep.
Speaker 4: Just a couple of points at least some answers out of this, right, Brooke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know that you should probably go out with her again.
Speaker 5: But what do I know?
Speaker 4: You're at? Hey, what if he did something wrong?
Speaker 9: We don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing. I just want to know if I did do something wrong, what it was, and maybe she'll give me a second chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but remember, no matter how hot she is, self respect is priceless. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Half of our listening audience. Just to thank you for that, Conrad Brook. Here we go, I'm gonna dial Sophie. Hopefully we can get her to agree to if not a European day, just an American style one. But let's see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Sophie?
Speaker 8: Yes, it's is she?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey? This is a radio show that you're on right now. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, the show.
Speaker 1: Sophie, glad to have you on it.
Speaker 8: This is random. Did you guys? How did you guys get my number?
Speaker 4: We got your number from one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently, a guy named Noah.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If we could even say you went on a date. He came to your house to take you on a date. It just never seemed to happen.
Speaker 8: What is this whole thing about? How am I involved in this?
Speaker 4: This is a segment called a second Date Update. It's where we try to help our listeners get answers for why things didn't go well on their first meetup or why there hasn't been a second one. So we're just trying to help Noa figure out if he did something wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's pretty easy to own that it could be him.
Speaker 4: I mean, and it is interesting that you said you were bummed out that you didn't spend more time together. Can you elaborate what you mean?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 9: Like, I tried to give him some hints about what I want.
Speaker 3: For our first date, and I kind of told him I wanted to do a European style date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he mentioned that you had brought it up and that it was something you wanted to do. He wasn't one hundred percent sure what you meant by a European date.
Speaker 9: Though, so I tried to like give him more hints, like I brought up like Scandinavian date, Norwegian date. I like listed those three things and was hoping if he didn't now, maybe he'd google it.
Speaker 8: Here's a deal.
Speaker 9: Like after college, I traveled a lot and I became more used to that style of dating.
Speaker 3: Are you guys picking up up what I'm putting down?
Speaker 6: Because you know, what's a European style of dating?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: I know this is like on the radio. I don't want to be inappropriate, but when you go on a first date, you hang out at like their home or.
Speaker 8: Your home, and then you go out and eat.
Speaker 1: Do you mean more than hangout?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: So, like it's the opposite in America where you have to like play games and have small talk, try to impress each other, but in Norway, you like get together, get all of the.
Speaker 1: Nerves out, you test the chemistry right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 6: Like a pre agreement, Like you come over, let's because.
Speaker 2: You were a tourist there seeing there, it's like beautiful.
Speaker 1: The Norwegian men are like, no, we swear this is how.
Speaker 4: We do it. You're saying that's what you were wanting to do by European dates.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, yeah, I mean I thought he he news that's what I wanted, but he just didn't seem interested when he got there.
Speaker 1: I don't know that did not show up on a Google search.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I promise you he was not understanding the hints that you were laying down for him. But I way for dinner. He really want a European style dinner. But now I assure you he probably understands because he has been listening to this conversation on the other line waiting to.
Speaker 8: Talk to you. Are you joking.
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why are you embarrassed? Wouldn't you want him to know this?
Speaker 8: Not now I feel horrible.
Speaker 4: Well, don't feel feel terrible. Just talk to him because Noah's there, right, Noah?
Speaker 6: Hi? Yeah, Hi, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: He's like the biggest missed opportunity of my life.
Speaker 8: Well, hi, hi, Sophie.
Speaker 7: Uh, I'm trying to understand. You wanted to, like, you know, do the thing and then and then go to dinner.
Speaker 3: Boys guys, So I tried, I really tried giving you the hints. But if you do it that way.
Speaker 9: The Norwegian way, Then all that pent up tension is gone and you can really enjoy each other's company and get to know each other on the date.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am going to be so fascinated by our Norwegian listener feedback on the podcast on this one.
Speaker 4: Actually, that does make a lot of sense. If you get all the stress out early, then you can just bet yourself more when you're hanging out of idiots. Well, I'm not saying I would do it, but mentally it makes sense to me, like you're more relaxed for your day. Yeah, well yeah, I'm no. What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I think it's cool. It's just kind of surprising, I mean because I just had.
Speaker 6: Never heard that, you know, but I mean sure, I'm down for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, Well that that was then the moment has kind of passed now, you know.
Speaker 1: I can't to give a guy a chance to learn the Norwegian way.
Speaker 9: I just don't know if he's as assertive as I want.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he was trying to be respectful, right, like he was trying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to like you presume anything. I just I think you're gorgeous and I just really wanted to do my best to do the right thing. But if you want me to be assertive, I mean, I'm ready to take you to Norway whenever you want. I will say, I.
Speaker 3: Do think it's kind of sweet that even though I didn't really explain it to you, you still got.
Speaker 9: These radio people to contact me and.
Speaker 3: To figure it out. And I think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, so now that Noah has heard everything and he's fully clued into what you were going for, would you be willing to give him another chance to have a proper European first date with you, because if you do, we're willing to pay for the date, just the date, though nothing else.
Speaker 6: Look Sophie, I will do all the research on Norwegian style dating. I will call a Norwegian all I will make sure that I am prepared and it'll be the best date you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Promise.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a lot to live up to.
Speaker 8: I'm definitely down to try again.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations, Noah, you got yourself, I guess the first data first European style date for yourself.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys. It's Sophie, like, before we get off here, like, should I go on Amazon and buy like a Norwegian flag because I'll wear that and only that doesn't want just let me know.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 9: I'm open to surprises, right, ready for a full salute of that flag.
Speaker 1: Right up the flagpole.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. Definitely let us know how the first date goes. Not all the details though, Yeah, just a video will do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the morning.
Speaker 4: It was one of our most popular second dates online. We got tons of comments, Yes they did.
Speaker 1: From a lot of Norwegian listeners all over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people were commenting. And look who we've got back on the line today for an update. Update Sophie and Noah, welcome back to the show you too. Hello, so good to hear from you guys. What's new? What's happened since you were last on with us?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, it's kind of crazy because after being on your show, all my friends heard it and they forwarded me a link to your podcast.
Speaker 8: And I'm not realized how many people around the world listen to you guys.
Speaker 7: Either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's mostly bots that we pay to have listened to us, but it's still kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys could be Hu was following Norway.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they were all commenting on your podcast that my idea of a European date wasn't true, and I was skeptical.
Speaker 1: Oh you were still skeptical even.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just have to say I saw those comments too, and I was like, I didn't think that was right.
Speaker 1: But let's be honest. You enjoyed the description.
Speaker 6: I mean, why not?
Speaker 4: Okay, but Sophie, you were still skeptical that the Europeans didn't know what European dates were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was skeptical.
Speaker 8: So I actually reached out to some of them to ask about it, and.
Speaker 5: One person actually invited me to go out to Norway to find out for myself.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, then he's super kind. But obviously I was seeing Noah. I'm still seeing Noah.
Speaker 5: And we basically decided that we both should just go visit Norway, and so we planned a trip.
Speaker 7: And I mean, when you told me about and she was all like, oh, yeah, this really nice guy.
Speaker 6: He wants to like show me around Norway.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, obviously this guy is trying to hook up with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the American way anyway.
Speaker 4: So you're like I need to come with you.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, we're going. We're going with me trip and when we're there, we're hoping to do like a big meetup in Oslo with a group of people that's listen to your shows.
Speaker 5: I mean, we don't know if they're going to applaud us or mock us, but we're just gonna have a great time anyway.
Speaker 4: We'll definitely report back and tell us how Norway is and what a European date is.
Speaker 1: Really like or just have I'd like to hear from him, but.
Speaker 4: Definitely keep us updated. Thanks for being back with us. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.