Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly on Paul Charchi and Guillotine Leagues dot Com. My co host Brian Johnson, Hello, and making his Fantasy Football Weekly debut, Thor Nystrom from Fantasy Bros. Hey, Thor, Now, it's your first show. We haven't had a new permanent co host on this show for about ten years. It was probably Brian is the last post recurrent man hit twenty fifteen. I believe I made okay, so we'll call it eight nine years ago. The last guy who tried didn't. It didn't work out, So you know, Thor, I don't want you to feel a lout of pressure, but I do want you to know the last guy that tried got fired after about two shows. The pressure's on. But yeah, good to be here, boys here.
Speaker 3: That's not happening with Thor. I'm confident of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we will find well, I know, let's not take anything for granted, yet, I don't want Thor to start coasting. We're going to go through the show with a lot of the stuff that we like to do in the preseason, including an item from every team's training camp. We'll talk about which teammates would you rather have factoring in their ADP as an example, would you rather have Jamar Chase at pick three or t Higgins at pick thirty. We'll talk through three tough questions, players who we love but won't pay the ADP, the average draft position, and our blacklist players players that we're just not drafting at almost any cost. And we've all got guys that are just we've scratched them off our boards. We'll talk about who they are and why, and we'll wrap up with our sleepers of the week. So lots of stuff to get to over the course of these two ish hours of the show. We begin with our zip through the trading camps of all thirty two teams and Thorp. You get to start us out with the Arizona Cardinals. What's happening there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, zach Ertz was activated from the pup list on Tuesdays, clear for football activity and on track to start week one, probably not gonna play in the preseason, though he was on pace for eighty six catches, seven hundred and forty five yards and eight touchdowns last year before injuring his name in Week ten. Obviously, they got Trey McBride there as well. But I'm gonna avoid both those guys at their current ADPs. I think Ertz probably finishes seventy to eighty targets this year. It's gonna be third to fourth on the team in targets. But you're wondering who's gonna play on that team in eleven person now. Like I said, I'm gonna avoid both those guys the current ADPs.
Speaker 1: I think you're right about that, Brian.
Speaker 3: Want to avoid us the whole team in any There.
Speaker 1: Is that about Raxar, Yes, although I've heard some good things about Clayton Tune. I think has looked up maybe a little bit better than they expected for a fifth round rookie. Brian Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the backfield again.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's really the big news all season is the addition of Bijon Robinson through the draft.
Speaker 3: Here's a quote from head coach Arthur.
Speaker 5: Smith recently, which is it's interesting, let's put it that way. So he says, we may have the idea that we want to get guys a certain number of carries, and then all of a sudden, Tyler Algier gets a hot hand, and what you're doing with him is working. Don't be rigid. We have to win the game.
Speaker 1: It seems like.
Speaker 5: He's getting out ahead right now, people getting mad at him for not giving b Jon Robinson the ball enough.
Speaker 1: Which could happen.
Speaker 5: So again, I said it last week. I'm a little work Bjon Robinson right now, RB three overall in redraft.
Speaker 3: It's a little rich for my blood. I don't know. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: We're gonna see more of a you know, a rotation or a platoon in Atlanta than most people are expecting. But again time will tell. But interesting quote from Smith there.
Speaker 1: And I'm somebody who has had Sakwon Barkley is my preseason number one. Ezekiel Elliott is my preseason number one. The reason I don't have Bijon is exactly this is why he's not my preseason number one, because I worry about a rotation for Atlanta that might be deeper than people think. Let's go to the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 3: JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins returned to the team on Monday. He'd been dealing with undisclosed injuries, which I don't know. It seemed like a contract thing to me more than an injury thing. But he's breezed through the team's conditioning tests and is practicing fully and coaches described him as one hundred percent health And JK. Dobbins, I think time away from the team has dropped his average draft position a bit. He might be a value at this stage. All right, Thor, let's go to the Buffalo Bills. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, Damian Harris returned to practice on Wednesday after he missed the preseason opener against the Colts. Latavius Murray got extended to run against the Colts and he played well. Damian Harris, He's gonna see his first snaps in the next exhibition game against the Steelers on Saturday. You're wondering if Latavius could potentially hop Harris in the hierarchy and grab some early downwork and goal line looks this coming season.
Speaker 1: That's the thing to watch. Ford there. Let's go to the Carolina Panthers. What's happening in training camp?
Speaker 3: They were on hard knocks. Yeah, that was working. We're on hard on.
Speaker 1: Adam Feelin dropping the f bombs and by that I mean frickins. It was very cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he gave Zach Wilson a heartwarming pep talk as well. I think you just wanted to get on camera with that one, but we'll see. But in terms of fantasy again, totally overhauled their offense, essentially new starters across the board, starting with Bryce Young. The number one overall pick and word out of camp is at Hayden Hurst and the aforementioned Adam Feelen have been the primary targets for Young so far through camp, So those are the two guys I'm targeting. It's interesting in terms of the wide receivers right now, Jonathan Mingo wide receiver sixty seven, Feeling sixty eight, Right, Chark sixty nine.
Speaker 1: How about that? And we know you're a feeling guy guy out of that group, I think he's got another good season left in him and at what a crazy value you can get him out right now?
Speaker 5: And speaking of value, Hayden Hurst, who I just mentioned, tight end twenty seven right now, that seems a little cheap for a guy who might be a safety blanket for a security blanket for young.
Speaker 1: In Chicago, Cairo Santos won the kicker job for those that care. But I want to spend a little more time on Roshan Johnson, who ran hard against third stringers in the first preseason game, even got some passes his way, which we're not was not really going into the season thinking he'd catch a lot, but maybe well more than we think. And it looks like Roshan Johnson cementing a spot as the team's power back and a crowded backfield. And I know thorn Iistram is a big fan there. Let's go to the Cincinnati bengalsore.
Speaker 4: Love Rochean Johnson. Roshan Johnson is going to win that starting job.
Speaker 3: Don't don't get him going on Rochan.
Speaker 4: We've only got Rochan. As for the Bengals, Joe Mixon was found not guilty of aggrivate aggrivate if I can talk, aggravated menacing charges on Thursday at the Bengals release his statement saying the organization is pleased at this matter is now behind everyone and we look forward to an exciting season with Joe being an important part of the football team.
Speaker 1: In more wholesome news.
Speaker 4: Six round Princeton wide receiver Andre yoshi Vas has been opening eyes in camp. Yoshivas was one of my favorite pet sleepers in this past draft class. He's sort of a poor man's Christian Watson, six foot three, two hundred pounds track Demi God.
Speaker 1: He was NCAA Indoor champions.
Speaker 4: He has a meat record in the sixty meter dash Feldman Freeklister FCS All American.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 4: He led the Bengals with fifty receiving yards and four catches in the preseason opener against the Falcons and is looking to close in on locking.
Speaker 1: Up a roster spot. Give me the name again, Andre Yoshivas, Thank you very much, Andre Yoshivas. Deep dynasty sleeper.
Speaker 5: Thord is going to be a great addition for many reasons, but the pronunciation help just like Scott Fish, will be much appreciated.
Speaker 1: Cleveland Browns. We've had three preseason looks of the Cleveland Browns already, and here's one thing I know all right for sure, dtr can play.
Speaker 5: I like that kid, yeah, the quarterback. Yeah, he's an interesting dynasty stash who's not an interesting stash in any format. Looks to be John Kelly, who started at running back last night and had a disastrous fumble at the goal line. Now Jerome Ford is still the primary backup, but he's week to week with a hamsterring injury. So well, Cleveland signed one of the remaining veteran quarter running backs out there to back up Nick Chubb. Only time will tell, but uh Kareem Hunt is the is the the premier guy left, so it looks like it might be lettered Fornette though dude is completely washed. Well, I'm holding out. I hopes for John Jerome Ford to be ready for Week one. I think he his ADP has fallen understandably since the hamstring injury, but it's not like he's out for the year. And lastly, real quick rookie wide receiver is Cedric Tillman turning heads right now. It's taken in the third round as the eleventh wide receiver off the board. Did he slide a little too far thor.
Speaker 3: In your opinion?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so keep your eye on Tilman. He looks good so far.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In Dallas, guard Zach Martin ended his holdout, which is great news for the Dallas's withering offensive line. Backup running back to the story worth following in Dallas and Elite Davis has looked bad, just like you did last year. Diminutive Deuce Vaughan has had some special moment, but it's unclear if he can. He's just big enough and sturdy enough to be a full time compliment to Tony Pollard. It's worth keeping your eyes open for that one. Let's go to the Denver Broncos thore.
Speaker 4: He's won another fun rookie and we're going to talk about another one here. Marvin Mims is going to make his NFL debut on Saturday against the forty nine ers. Mims missed the opener in the preseason against the Cardinals, nursing that hamstring injury that he's had since OTA's in mini camp. Sean Payton didn't say it Mims would be on a pitch count this coming weekend, but he said in general response to that question that starters could play quote up to twenty four snaps this weekend. In other Broncos snapcount news, Peyton said that Javonte Williams, who's coming back from a torn acl will play between ten to twelve snaps against the Cardinals. Peyton wants Williams to get between three to four carries in that game, and would also like him to get a target in the passing game.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: Scare earlier in the week for Aman Ross Saint Brown hurt his ankle, but he should resume practicing next week, so if there's any any little dip right now, I would buy into that. For Sun God and James and Williams hurt his hamstring, likely done for the preseason at least in terms of playing any preseason games, but that really doesn't matter much because don't forget he cannot play until week seven until he's done serving his six week suspension for gambling.
Speaker 1: Green Bay Packers. Honestly, we don't know a lot more about Jordan Love than we did with the start of training camp. We know he's got the strong arms, some mobility, accuracy, decision making vision still big question marks so far. Luke Musgrave appears to have separated himself from fellow rookie Tucker Craft a bit. His knee injury from last year looks fully healed. He's running well, and I think of the two, he's the guy that we're looking to draft. We're gonna work through a couple more teams training camps. Houston Texans. Four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tank Dell, it's been earning rave reviews in camp. He was the Texans' highest graded wide receiver in the preseason opener against the Patriots. Cording to PFF. Here was the interesting thing. He had thirty one snaps in that game. Twenty seven of them came on the outside. On the outside. That yeah, for one hundred and sixty five pound rookie. So yet eight targets in that game, five catches, sixty five yards and a touchdown. His eighty three point eight PFF grade eleventh highest in the NFL.
Speaker 1: In pre season week one, CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud famously asked Houston's front office to draft Tank on Friday of Day two this past April. Right now, Nico Collins, Robert Woods, the corpse of Robert Woods, and Noah Brown are all listed ahead of Tank on Houston's depth chart. I'm here to tell everybody out there that Tank Dell not only is starting for Houston this coming season, Tank Dell is going to start for Houston on the boundary. But that's not all, folks, He's going to be Houston's wide receiver one this coming season.
Speaker 1: Wow. All right, I like it laying down some big takes.
Speaker 3: It's on wax.
Speaker 5: Indianapolis Colts Brian Anthony Richardson officially will start Week one. I got that wrong a few months ago saying that would not be a possibility. But it's go time for Richardson and Jonathan Taylor still on the pup list. And when it comes to pop here, it's not physical unable to perform, it's pay up pal. This isn't an injury related. He wants money.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's now slid into the late second, early third rounds of a red draft league. So we shall see what happens with Jonathan News. I still think you'll play.
Speaker 1: You can take him as a value and then go get his running back, his backups, his handcuffs like Dean Jackson. You can go get them at nothing. So I mean, look, you know that's your whole angle on drafting Jonathan Taylor is just take the backups in case he does hold out, which almost nobody does.
Speaker 5: Take Van Ho I have to uh plant my flag and the nickname for I came up with Hull the incredible hle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that Maple Groves Home Jacksonville Jaguars. Two main stories here. Calvin Ridley has not looked rusty in his return, including early preseason work and then the real story in Jacksonville. Though my guy Tank Bigsby the star of rookie camp, He's been equally impressive through training camp early preseason action, getting praised for his rushing, receiving, and efforts in the film room. You love it when the coaches are talking about him being a film rat. Oh, Tank Bigsby could be a factor as early as week one. I'm in the tank era has begun.
Speaker 5: It has it has efforts in the film room.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: When do we come back? More Training Camp News, Fantasy Football Weekly Welcome Back segment number two. Fantasy Football Weekly Paul Charge and Brian Johnson and thorpe Nystrom with you. Thor making his FFW debut. Thor is a Guillotine League drafter and you can be too. You know how the format works. It's special. It's unique. Eighteen teams start the season and there's no head to head Instead, at the end of every week, the low scoring team gets chopped. All the players go to the waiver wire, and the rest of us keep building superstar rosters to compete throughout the rest of the year. Super strategic, very different, as you're playing to not finish last in any given week instead of shooting for the moon, which is typically the strategy in standard leagues. If you ain't last, you're first. That's right, That's all you gotta do, not finish last. We're going through all the training camp around the NFL, and we left off roughly halfway through the league. We're picking up with the Kansas City Chiefs. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Justin Ross got carted off on Tuesday on the practice field with a laying injury, but luckily he returned to practice the next day. He's Justin Ross's impressed throughout camp. Had two receptions twenty nine yards in a touchdown the preseason opener versus the Saints. Once considered a first round prospect back at Clemson and a better NFL prospect than t Higgins on the exact same roster, obviously, he's been mired with health concerns throughout his career, but luckily he's back on the practice field hoping to win a roster spot and another Chiefs wide receiver news. I thought this was an interesting tidbit in Peter King's most recent column, Patrick Mahomes at very high praise for sky Moore. Here is a quote from Patrick Mahomes in that Peter King column. Quote, I had all the guys down here in Texas for over a month and a half for offseason group workouts. Sky was at every single workout. I mean every single one wanted to get extra work after every single practice.
Speaker 1: He has that drive to be great.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: All Right, sky Moore is the only chief I'm consistently drafting across all my leagues. Chiefs receiver, Yeah, clarify, clarify that. Las Vegas Raiders Brian.
Speaker 5: More holdout talk Josh Jacobs still holding out last year's running back three overall fall into the middle of the third round, So another situation to monitor. But I feel like he will eventually play a dip. I'd probably be buying right now.
Speaker 1: I agreed on that they almost always show up for the money. By week one. Los Angeles Chargers Quinton Johnson's gotten a lot of work in training camp and in the first preseason game led the team in targets with six scored his first touchdown in that game. It looks like he's getting fast tracked to start the season. It's the team's third receiver and there's plenty of upside. We're gonna talk more about Quinton Johnson later in this show.
Speaker 5: I think he led the team in drops in that game too. We had a couple of bad ones, but I'm not holding it against them too much.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 4: There's a battle royale going on for the wide receiver at three spot right now, and it's getting interesting. So two two at Well didn't play in the week one of the preseason, He's probably not gonna play this weekend either. Tyler Johnson had five catches for seventy yards in that first game against the Chargers. But it's Pooka Nakua who's getting all the praise out of camp. He had an eleven yard touchdown catch in traffic between two Chargers in that first game, along with three catches. Sean McVay said this about Pooka after that game. Quote, He's a guy that has great aggressive hands. The touchdown catch contest to play right in that red area.
Speaker 1: Bang bang. I'm a huge fan of him. End quote. Miami Dolphins Brian.
Speaker 5: Offensive tackle Tron Armstead, one of the elite OT's in the league, suffered a scare when his ankle got rolled up on and joined practice earlier this week, but he should be okay for Week one. It looked pretty bad at first, but that's good news for a Miami backfield. It's still very messy in one that I'm one of the top ones I'm avoiding when it comes to drafts in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Ty Chandler's building upon a very good preseason last year and looks like he's ready to push as the team's change of pace runner and perhaps designated pass catching back behind Alexander Madison. At a minimum, Chandler is the far better receiver than Madison, and I think that's going to put him on the field for a lot of third downs. And Madison's described himself in the last week or so as the team's bell cow. But some people think Chandler will press Madison for the lead role at some point this year.
Speaker 3: What about Mike Davis. They tried out Mike David. I was like, what year is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Mike Davis is a is a non factor here. Let's go to Let's go to the New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: The Patriots signed at Ezekiel Elliott this past week. Zeke finishes running back nineteen. Last year on the same roster where Tony Pollard finished as running back seven, Zeke's value came from touchdowns. Only Joe Mixon and Jamal Williams total more carries inside the ten yard line as Zeke. Last year, Zeke scored eight touchdowns from weeks eleven to seventeen.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Zeke needs to carve out a role.
Speaker 4: As New England's primary red zone back to have solid value this coming season. He's not going to overtake vermondre Stevenson. Get out of here with that, and Zeke he going to be hurt from not running behind Dallas is awesome offensive line. Now he's got to run behind the New England's patchwork offensive line. I think this signing has more to do with New England's opinion of Kevin Harrison Pierre Strong than it does with their opinion of vermondre Stevenson.
Speaker 1: Ramondra Stevens is awesome. Zee was awesome. He's not anymore correct. But what he can do is what you alluded to, and that's Dagger Stevenson at the goal line. Stevenson had two touchdowns from inside the five last year. That's it too, So that's the worry for me.
Speaker 5: Saints Brian by now you should know Alvin Kamara will miss the first three games, suspended for his altercation in Vegas almost two years ago now, but he's out the first three games. Rookie running back Kendre Miller sprained his knee earlier in the week, but he returned to practice on Thursday, so.
Speaker 3: We should be good to go.
Speaker 5: We're gonna talk more about this backfield later, but I must mention Michael Thomas looking pretty spry in the training camp hype videos. If he can stay healthy, just return to like eighty percent of his prime. Yeah, I'm interested at ADP.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately you've given up the ghosts I have. I'm alwayshchi he but he's gonna be injured and is injured and we're not hearing anything from him, but he's Yeah, that's my guy, New York Giants. It's boring, but Matt Brita looks like the primary backup behind Saquon Barkley. Rookie Year Gray relegated mostly to special teams here, and James Robinson looks like a cut candidate altogether. So for those that want the handcuff, Matt Brida is probably your guy, let's go to the Jets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another signing here. They obviously they signed Delvin Cook this past week. Still haven't seen Delvin on the practice field, and we may not see him in the preseason because he's finishing up rehab on the offseason shoulder surgery and the delay the arrival in New York because he's as the expected birth of a child up coming.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Brice Hall, though, I thought it was really interesting.
Speaker 4: When he showed up at practice, like right after Delvin signed on the dotted line there.
Speaker 1: Suddenly Breese Haall's healthier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of a sudden, So it seems like we have better odds that Brees Hall gonna be healthy for the start of the season. I'm not as concerned about Breece Hall's fantasy utility for this coming season as some other people you know, seem to be, so like, you know, I'm buying Breeze Hall a little bit more. I do think Delvin Cook steals some of his touches, but I'm a little bit more bullish on Breese than some other people.
Speaker 1: And then some other sort of news from that.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Delvin signing pushes Michael Carter to RB three and it looks like it's gonna cost Bam Knight his job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might. We just too Bacu. I thought he ran well last year and he'll find stay. He'll stay in the NFL, he will.
Speaker 3: Is he still on the button?
Speaker 6: Bart least?
Speaker 3: Should you have a one last? Bam oh gone.
Speaker 1: Gone from the button?
Speaker 3: Ball?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: How is it that I've got two toilets and I don't have any bands? That's all right?
Speaker 3: You sound like Russell Wilson. You got too many toilets.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia Eagles, Brian.
Speaker 5: It's been reported that Kenneth Gainwell will have the quote unquote featured back role for Philly. Kenny g sat out Thursday's preseason game against Cleveland while DeAndre Swift and Rashad Penny played. Swift started, Penny played into the second quarter. So score one for the team. Take the cheapest guy in the backfield for Kenneth Gainwell right now. We shall see if that holds.
Speaker 1: There was a very troubling run for a shod Penny in that game, and it was his long run of like nine yards. He breaks through a hole right up the middle, and then when he needed burst there was no burst. Yeah, I mean he was slow. He could get cut. It's it's a possibility, Kenny. I'm telling you this was what it was. He was running through mud. I'm nervous about Rashad Penny.
Speaker 5: They got they got to play the Giants twice the Eagles, so you know they're not cutting Boston Scott.
Speaker 1: Oh well, God. Pittsburgh Steelers Kenny Pickett has looked better than last year, which was expected in year two in Pittsburgh's improved offensive line is helping a bit. George Pickens is a hopeful breakout candidate year two. He scored a pretty touchdown last week in preseason action. I think there's opportunity here for Pickens to Pickens to I'll ultimately do better than Deontay Johnson from a fantasy standpoint, despite the fact that they are not being drafted in that order. Let's go to the San Francisco forty nine ers, though, Yeah, we might see brock Purty this weekend.
Speaker 4: Kyle Shanahan does say that Sam Darnold is going to get the majority of the snaps against the Broncos this this coming weekend, but brock Purty might.
Speaker 1: We might see an appearance from him. This past week.
Speaker 4: He played He had three consecutive days of practice, but Shanahan says that he might get a SEERI. He says he's got to talk to the trainers first, but we might see him on the field.
Speaker 5: Seattle Seahawks Brian Kenneth Walker returned to full practice on Thursday. He had the groin issue Zach Sharpinay he played last week. So all those injury concernereds gone for both the top running backs in Seattle. I do want to mention Noah Fans has been practicing in full. He had a knee issue. He started camp on the pup list. I'm intrigued by Fan tight end thirty two right now, so he is three. Last season, the Seahawks were third in tight end receptions, yards and touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Where were they spreading that all out that Noah Fan didn't do anything and they were third in all that?
Speaker 5: Will Dislay and Kolbe Parkinson in the mix. But it was fans first year with Seattle and he's the blue chip prospect of the three.
Speaker 1: So why you're not a prospect in your sixty year in the NFL.
Speaker 3: He's not that. How long is Fans been in the league. Thorthora would know. He loves Iowa, and he loves tight ends just.
Speaker 1: As long as hot has.
Speaker 3: So there you go, five Noah fan, keep your eye on him.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go to the tam up A Bay Buccaneers. Sadly, Russell Gage is out for the year. I worry by the time he comes back from this ACL injury that it might be his window may be closed. Baker Mayfield looks like the starter so far this season based on training camp in early preseason action, but Trask has got the stronger arm. Mike has more of a fantasy upside. I don't know Mayfield's the safer starter though. For those of us that just want to try to make sure we get the ball in the hands of Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, this is still a fluid situation. Let's wrap up Tennessee Titans into the Washington Commanders. Go to Tennessee first thor Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Titans got a big scare this past week when Traylon Brooks suffered a knee injury, but Mike Rabel after the fact said it was the best case scenario. The news they got back on it because what they got from the MRI was this brained LCL no structural damage. According to Rabel's Brooks are gonna be out for a couple of weeks, but it looks like Brooks has a shot to be back for the opener against the Saints on September tenth. We'll have to see about that, but like Verrabel said, best case scenario.
Speaker 1: We'll wrap up with the watching Commanders, where my one of my I don't know, five favorite sleepers, my favorite quarterback sleeper in this entire fantasy draft, without a doubt. Sam Howell named the starter on Friday.
Speaker 3: You just pretty much took care of it right there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, phase one, if you're an ultimate peacock off complete, he's at least starting last week.
Speaker 1: You may remember I called him as a top ten fantasy quarterback.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I will never forget this, for better or for worse, but I hope you're right.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this. They got Arizona at home week one. Set your DFS lineups right now. Got to Sam Howel with some commanders, and I love the commanders in a survivor pool. I do want to mention real quick, Logan Thomas, one of my another deep sleeper at tight end, I like still not practicing. They're kind of viewing it as a precautionary measure. But if he does, if he's not ready for Week one, Cold Turner a guy you might want to consider. Arizona historically awful against tight ends. So just walk in Sam Howell and either Logan Thomas or Cole Turner a bare minimum in your daily lineups and you'll be good to go.
Speaker 1: Week one already's setting Week one dfl August. Which teammate would you rather have factoring in their ADP. We'll give you guys like Jamar Chase versus t Higgins. Which one would you rather draft? We'll talk through a series of teammates who's better When we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, It's Fantasy Football Weekly Paul Jarchie and Guillotine Leagues dot Com, Brian Johnson and Thor Nystrom with you. Thor making his f FW debut. Knees are knocking, sweat pouring out of his out of his forehead right now. It's very it's a very tough job. Thor. It sure is so far, so good. Though you haven't been fired mid show, so that's that's a positive right there, it is, I think. So let's dive into this next segment. Which teammate would you rather have? Now, these are all teammates who will play the same position, So which teammates would you rather have at their average draft position?
Speaker 5: You gotta right.
Speaker 1: You gotta bake in the ADP for this, because we would all take Jamar Chase over T. Higgins. But it gets a lot more interesting. Would you rather have Jamar Chase at pick three or T Higgins at pick thirty? Let's begin with Thor. This is a tough one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Chase though at at pick three, he separated himself at the end of the season as the clear, clear number one ELPHA on that team, and so I just feel like the juice worth the squeeze the twenty seven pick discrepancy.
Speaker 1: I'm paying the premium there, Okay, Brian, Are you taking Jamar Chase a pick three or T Higgins pick thirty? Early? Second round?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Second round?
Speaker 5: In general, I'm team cheapest guy, but not in this case. I will pay the premium for Chase. Like Thor, Despite playing in two less games than T. Higgins last year, Jamar Chase finished with more catches, yards, and touchdowns than Higgins, who saw one hundred and nine targets to one hundred and thirty four from Chase in just twelve games. By the way, that put Chase on a full season pace of one hundred and ninety targets, which.
Speaker 3: Would have been the most among wide receivers.
Speaker 5: Justin Jefferson was first with one hundred and eighty four, I believe, And despite missing those five games, Chase had the third most red zone targets among wide receivers, which accounted for almost twenty eight percent of total team pass attempts in the red zone.
Speaker 3: For Sincy, so I will pay the premium for Jamar.
Speaker 1: You also get the consistency from Jamar Chase, which I absolutely love. Get this, the percentage of his starts inside wide receiver two territory eighty five percent. I mean is Jamar Chase just doesn't give you dud games, which we just we love. And I'm with you, guys. I'm taking Jamar Chase with pick three.
Speaker 5: And his spike weeks are epic like at that too, two hundred yards and three or four touchdowns like unfathomable at times.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, next one, We'll start with you Miami wide receiver Tyreek Hill at pick seven or Jalen Wattle at pick twenty four. Who are you taking here? You said you tend to gravitate to the cheap guy, what about this one?
Speaker 5: I know I'm gonna be a bit of a hypocrite and go up the more expensive guy again, and I'm taking Tyreek Hill. There's just not enough of a delta and ADP for me to want Wattle over a hill. Tyreek was second in receptions at yards among all wide receivers last year, and he finished with forty four more catches than Waddle and nearly four hundred more yards. And thanks to your premium cheat sheets at guillotine leagues dot com, thank.
Speaker 1: You for just organically dropping that into game naturally to me twelve, only twelve percent of t Tyreek Hill's games were outside.
Speaker 5: Of the top thirty wide receivers. Jalen Waddle was at a forty seven percent clip outside of the top thirty wide receivers last year.
Speaker 3: So it's ill for me.
Speaker 1: Thor are you taking Tyreek Hill at pick seven or Jalen Wattle at pick twenty four.
Speaker 4: I promise I'm not going to go chalk on every single one, but I also have to go Tyreek Hill on this one when Tua was under center. Last year, tyreek Hill led the NFL in yards per game. Tyreek Hill was on pace for over eighteen hundred receiving yards when Tua was under center. Tyrek Hill could absolutely lead the NFL in receiving yards this year if to A plays seventeen games, and in fact might be the favorite outcome if that happens.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys have really hit on all my bullet points. I had Tyrek Hill as well. As we continue with the teammate you'd rather have. Let's see if this we can separate you guys. Let's go to Detroit running backs. Jamir Gibbs going in round three, David Montgomery way down in round seven. Who are you taking here? We begin this time with thor I finally get to go nonschalk.
Speaker 4: I'm going David Montgomery with a bullet David Montgomery's gonna get the red zone touchers. He's gonna get the meat and potatoes work. And I think this is an important point. David Montgomery's a much better receiver than Jamal Williams was. And so like you know, you hear the stuff about like, oh, Jamier Gibbs are getting the work out of the slot in CAVI and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're they're gonna use them.
Speaker 4: There as much as maybe some people think, because you obviously have you know, a Monra and different stuff like that. But I think the times when he's out there, David Montgomery could get work there, and he's certainly gonna David Montgomery gonna get more work as a receiver than Jamal Williams dead, So I think that's going to factor into his fantasy value as well.
Speaker 1: All Right, Brian, which teammate would you rather have? Jamiir Gibbs round three David Montgomery round seven?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with thor I'm gonna take Montgomery later. He's taking the role of Jamal Williams, who quite simply he led the league in rushing touchdowns with a seventeen last year. And Jamier Gibbs an exciting prospect, but he's a rookie, and you don't really know what you're gonna get with rookies. You know you're going to get consistency with David Montgomery, you would think, and likely at least ten touchdowns.
Speaker 3: So I'm taking Monty in the seventh over Gibbs in the third.
Speaker 1: Clean sweep we all like. And by the way, I love Jamiir Gibbs. I mean, this is nothing bad about Jamier gibbson. I think his third round ADP is appropriate. But David Montgomery, this team, the Lions team ran the ball inside the five so well, thirty three carries for Jamal Williams from inside the five, and they converted that. They converted that into fourteen touchdowns. That has left the coaching staff knows that great offensive line is going to power in touchdowns from inside the five. Jamiir gibbs is not built for that. David Montgomery is. He'll be the guy to get that work.
Speaker 5: Just to tack onto that really quick. I believe he was at least five or six times. I'm on Roussaint Brown was tackled at that one. That opened up all those opportunities. Imagine if Saint Brown, some guy scored those touchdowns, he'd be might be wide receiver one round.
Speaker 1: We need to spend more time on Iman Ross Saint Brown in various points during the preseason of the show. All right, our next teammates Brian Tennessee wide receiver Andre Hopkins round five or Trailing Burks in round eight. Now Burkes got has been dinged up but is expected to come back roughly around week one, so factor that into your your thoughts here. Andre DeAndre Hopkins round five trailing Burks, Round eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his ADP will slide for sure, Burks that is.
Speaker 1: But again, yeah, thankfully he might be like ten or eleven on this injury news.
Speaker 5: So I'm still I was gonna take Burkes before the injury. I'm still taking him now. We should know he's guaranteed to not seriously injure himself for the next few weeks, and you can't say that for a lot of a lot of players. So I'm leaning Burkes. Thankfully again he avoided the major injury. But really not a passing offense to be too excited about. Tennessee bottom six in passing play percentage last year.
Speaker 3: So I'm definitely taking the cheaper and younger guy despite the recent injury.
Speaker 1: All Right, four, which teammate are you taking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If Andray Hopkins round five trailing Burks, round eight or more.
Speaker 4: If we're getting round ten or round eleven, you're playing with new rules here, Johnson. But if I'm getting the round ten or eleven, I'm going Berks for sure, especially if I know that he's gonna play let's say, fifteen sixteen games, if we're guaranteed that. I disagree with analysts out there that thought did that DeAndre Hopkins signing kills or neutered Brooks's fantasy value. I actually think it opens him up for the game that we thought that he had for that to flour out. He has this like Swiss army game where you move him around the formation and then you manufacture touches for him. I don't think Traylon Brooks is a wide receiver one the NFL. I think he's a dang good wide receiver too. DeAndre Hopkins being there for him now opposing teams can't put.
Speaker 1: Their cornerback one on Traylon Brooks.
Speaker 4: Now you can manufacture touch it for him, move him around the formation, and now you have a better offense for him to play him.
Speaker 5: I am currently on the clock in a DraftKings Best Ball League at pick one seventeen, and Burks is available with an ADP of ninety eight right now, so he's almost fallow two rounds. Yeah, the ADP right now for sure, and I think I'm going to take him.
Speaker 1: I'm on high Hopkins, and I'll explain more why later in this show. Let's stick with our teammates and who we prefer Buffalo tight ends. You didn't think I was gonna work in a tight end one, did you? But I went out of my way to find a tight end comparison that we could talk about. Dalton Kincaid rookie going off the board round eleven or Dawson Knox effectively free round sixteen, or we begin with you.
Speaker 4: This is the easiest one on the whole list for me, This Dalton Kinkaid, super duper easy. Duwston Knox is only good for one season now is just because of touchdowns. I love Dalton kin k. Dalton KK gonna be a stud from day one. Dalton KK gonna be the Buffalo Bills wide receiver two from day one. He's only tight end by the designation. He going to be a big slot and you're gonna play boundary receiver from day one. Like I said, I would rank Dalton Kinkaid in the tight ends for this coming season, either like tight end seven or eight. He's criminally underrated by the fantasy community, not for long.
Speaker 1: Once he takes the field. Dalton KK with a bullet. Let's see if we have a consensus here, Buffalo tight ends Dalton Kincaid round eleven or Dawson Knox round sixteen.
Speaker 5: Brian Thora and I are in an agreement where Kincaid gonna play wide receiver essentially. But I'm a little I won't say concern, but round eleven seems expensive for a rookie wide receiver. Give me Knox because Kinkaid is not going to threaten Knox's snap count whatsoever or his role in the sixteenth round.
Speaker 3: Like you said, Charchie's free.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of competition in Buffalo at the wide receiver position. Khalil Shakira is emerging, Andy Isabella and I'm just kidding there, but I don't know I'm going cheap with with Knox.
Speaker 3: I don't think Dalton Kincaid is going.
Speaker 5: To have a rookie or historic rookie tight end season like Kyle Pitts did when he topped one thousand yards in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: We like to use this stat a lot, and I don't have it memorized, so I'm just just gonna be close last fifteen. Maybe it's twenty years now. Round one tight ends average season, thirty catches, three hundred yards, two touchdowns. Round one tight ends, it is very, very tough even and many of those have gone on to elite phenomenal careers. Tight End is the toughest position to get to rest fantasy value from in year one. Folks, take the over. I think it's gonna go over thirty going over.
Speaker 3: I agree there, All right.
Speaker 1: Let's continue on with teammates we've been with. I think this is a Brian time Buffalo running backs. James Cook is round six, Damian Harris round twelve. Who you taken?
Speaker 5: I've been on team Harris all off season, but I'm gonna waffle here and say Cook. Harris has missed significant time in two of the last three years, has already been dealing with a knee issue in camp. He has been back at practice recently. But I'm gonna shoot for the moon in James Cook. If he does secure like a Bell Coow type role for this Bill's offense, getting him in round six, that's an insane steel. I still like Harris, but the upside for Cook is just too much for me to ignore right now.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna I'm gonna wean Cook over Harrison.
Speaker 1: Which teammate running backs for Buffalo. Would you rather have James Cook in round six? Damien Harris?
Speaker 4: Round twelve, Well, Brian went one for two on his bills take, so I like that. James Cook is a stud. This one's easy as well. James Cook easy, Damien Harris. I don't even know if he's gonna win the running back to one there. He's still fener and off with the tay Avs. James Cook is a good value in round six.
Speaker 1: That one's easy.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna get scolded right now, Thoris. You'll learn this soon enough.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I like James Cook from a PPR standpoint, and I think he's gonna he could be sitting on a forty catch season, which would help him a lot, maybe even more. Who knows about that, Damien Harrison. Dang could runner that guy. He's a power runner and he's going to get the touchdowns. And I worry about James Cook sitting on a five touchdown season, which is very in fact, it's not even so. It's probably likely he's got to break his touchdowns from outside and he's got to try to catch touchdowns. That's the part that worries me about Cook and why I'd rather have Harrison round twelve.
Speaker 5: You just love running backs named Damien, regardless of spelling.
Speaker 1: So long as as the Damien it's your guys. Nobody's as good as Damian Pierce. Oh, all right, let's continue on Green Bay running backs. Aaron Jones costs you a fourth rounder. AJ Dillon costs you an a rounder. Thor I'm going with Aaron Jones in this one.
Speaker 4: He hasn't shown any falloff inefficiency, but AJ Dillon has AJ Jones breaking less tackles nowadays. I think Aaron Jones bounces back in the touchdown department. That's where he fell off last year. The value is going to come back. Once it does, We're going Aaron Jones.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bryant, which green Bay running back? Do you like Aaron Jones or AJ Dillon?
Speaker 5: You want to talk about falling off in the touchdown department? Touchdowns inside the ten yard line last year five for AJ Dillon, zero ro for Aaron Jones, and I love only.
Speaker 1: Two carries for Aaron Jones all year.
Speaker 5: I love both, along with the entire Packer offense. I think they're very undervalued, but Jones a ton of upside. But I'm gonna take Dylan here in the later rounds. He's also in a contract year. They might give him the old run him into the ground treatment. So I'm gonna lean Dylan and disagree with Thorp. Still love you Thorp.
Speaker 1: Same rash at al for me on AJ Dillon. All right, Brian, your next up Saints running backs? She got three options here. Do you want Alvin Kamara round five, Jamal Williams round eight, or ken rookie Kendre Miller round thirteen.
Speaker 5: You're tempted to go Williams because he had seventeen rushing touchdowns last year, but again that was on an entirely different team, entirely different offense. Better offense, better offense. For sure, Kamara're gonna miss the first three games. That hurts you'dlate to get out to a hot start in fantasy. He's not going to help you in that department. So I'm going to go with the cheapest option in Miller, who should play like the Kamara role for the first three games and who knows he might just outright steal that job when Kamara is ready to come back. And the thing that's scared about Williams again not he's not on the Lions anymore. It's Taysom Hill just lurking in the red zone just to steal those goal line touchdowns. So I'm gonna I'm gonna shoot the moon here and go Kendre Miller, who's going pretty late in round thirteen?
Speaker 1: All right, thor which of the Saints running backs would you rather have? I'm gonna go, hang on, I'll just set it up again, Alvin Kamara round five, Jamal Williams round eight, or Kendrey Miller round thirteen. I'm gonna go with Elvin Kamara here. I think you get.
Speaker 4: Him at a discount just because the suspension for the first three games.
Speaker 1: People aren't baking in that.
Speaker 4: Alvin Kamara last year was RB thirteen and fantasy points per game and RB seven and expected Fantasy points per game. I'm going Alvin Kamara at the discount with the round five price tag.
Speaker 1: All right, let's sneak in one more bonus teammates right here.
Speaker 3: Well, who are you taking charge?
Speaker 1: Oh? I am taking Kendre Miller because I think Jamal Williams only I my fate rets on whether or not he gets the binary touchdown yes or no, So if he doesn't score I'm looking at like a two point game, and I don't like that. Out of my runners, Alvin Kamara might be pseudo washed. I'm nervous about him, so I'm just I'm taking the cheapest guy. I'm taking Kendre Miller. I don't think he's a special talent, but I don't want to invest a round five or round eight into guys I don't believe in. So that's my take. All right, let's go to Seattle. I think this is a really really tricky spot. Are we taking Kenneth Walker or Zach Sharbonay and Thornim? To start with you, and I know you're very rote on both of these guys. You do a ton of college prep on these guys. I love what I saw at as Zach Sharbonay, but this was a bad landing spot. Which of the two are you taking? What wrong we got? I don't know. I'm looking it up right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I go, I go Sharboney, depending on the rounds. But I'm a big fan of Zach Scharbeney. I actually ranked Zach Sharboney two spots higher on my overall board then I did Jamiir Gibbs and a part of that is just because you can give him the ball so much, which is why it broke my heart that he got taken by Seattle, because they obviously had the guy that could get the.
Speaker 1: Early down work in Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 4: Very curious to see how that ends up shaking out, but I know that that charbonate they're going to give him the ball a lot in the passing game because that's what he can do. Kenneth Walker, he can't handle any of that stuff. Yeah, obviously prioritize that Walker is like a fourth round pick. Charbon e eighth or nine, then.
Speaker 1: Definitely Charbon is round Well, he's picked one hundred and twelve overall, and if I'm doing the math correc that's about round nine. So yeah, Charbon is a great talent. Yeah, I like I like sharbona here. Walker was really really inefficient. They didn't give him any carries inside the five last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can't play Walker out third down, you can't play him on passing downs, and Charboney was super underrated as a passing down back, Like he's a really good receiver.
Speaker 1: I think I think Charbon is the way to go here, and it's you know, Walker is a good talent. We like him, yeah, but Sharbone feels like he's going to be the Fantasy point guy. Agreed, especially in PPR when we come back. Three tough questions play along see if you can go three and zero? And also my chie sheet available for free Guillotine leagues dot com where you can play in a guillotine league or even a high snakes guillotine league called super Chop. All of that. Bye bye, our number two Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchie and Guillotine at leagues dot com. Brian Johnson and thorneistroom with you fantasy pros. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 6: Tough question Number one, you want to play along.
Speaker 1: See if you can go three and oh. Let's assume you're in multiple leagues, maybe a lot of leagues. Do you distribute your selections your draft selections among differing players or do you double triple, quadruple down on your favorite players in all your leagues? Explain this properly, I hope. So do you try to distribute your your rosters across a lot of different players or do you concentrate your roster on your favorite players. We begin with Thorpe and Eistrom.
Speaker 4: So for me, I'm a slave to my value board for better or worse. So I'm not going to take a value dive to cross pawin it. I don't care, all right.
Speaker 1: So that is a I'm you which side of this you're on? You're on the condensed? Yeah, like all your eggs in one back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the guys that I'm higher on than consensus, I'll end up with a whole bunch of those guys on my different teams.
Speaker 1: I'm sticking to my board no matter what.
Speaker 4: I don't mind if I have a ton of shares of one dude at the end of the day, that's cool, all right, Brian.
Speaker 1: Are you distributing your selections widely among differing players or are you double tripling, quadrupling down on your favorites in your leagues?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm nearing five hundred Best ball drafts.
Speaker 5: Different you gotta diversify your portfolio when it comes to Best Ball. I'm not talking about that, but like in my my home leagues, I'm not in as many as I used to be. Yeah, I'll go get my guys basically, So I'll be drafting Gerald Everett in all of my home leagues as you're coming.
Speaker 3: I love Gerald Everett.
Speaker 1: This was a tough one because my my fundamental, biggest motto in the preseason is go get your guys. Don't care about ADP. Just go get your guys. Just because he's supposed to go a half round later. Don't care. Go get your guys. But if you're in four leagues and you put my beloved Damian Pierce on all four, all four teams, it's not your fault. If he goes down in Week two with an ACL. You didn't do anything wrong. You may have read it exactly right given what you know right now, there's no reason to lose four leagues on one ACL, and that can happen with an early round pick. So I think you do have to do a fair amount of distribution, and there should be a lot of players you like. There's tons of great players out there, and there's too much hubrius around. I gotta have, you know, my one guy, you know you're probably go get figure out who you're guys are. There should be I don't know, like twenty you really want to have on rosters, Spread it out, spread out the guys you love so that your season doesn't end across all of your leagues because one guy or maybe two guys that you have on too many leagues all get injured at the same time. Or by the way, it's not even always injury. Sometimes it is the quarterback goes down and then the whole rest of the offense isn't even functional and you still read the tea leaves right, but you couldn't have known the injury was coming.
Speaker 6: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: In Dynasty or Empire redrafts, which tight end? Which rookie tight end are you taking? After Sam Laporta and Dalton Kincaid go off the board, then which tight end are you investing in for your Dynasty or Empire draft? We begin with Brian.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have expected to be saying this a month, two, three months ago, because I didn't really know who he was. Thorn knows all the rookies are. I just want to go second for these next two and to say, yeah, I agree whatever, Yeah, I'm gonna go with Luke Musgrave, who drafted in the second round. He's been clocked as the fastest player at Packers' training camp, which.
Speaker 7: Is he's not faster than Christian Watson, he is he is, they'd say he is there radar Gun Musgrave winner running routes as a wide receiver.
Speaker 5: In the last preseason game. They're giving him Jets sweeps in the red zone.
Speaker 3: In practice.
Speaker 5: They're gonna utilize this kid all over the field.
Speaker 3: And he's the fastest player on the Packers.
Speaker 6: No, he's not.
Speaker 5: Da Dave sinnecon told me this, and no one knows what about the Packers, And Dave sine can back me up, Dave Thor.
Speaker 1: In Dynasty and Empire redrafts, which tight end rookie Titan are you taking after Sam Laporta and Dalton kin cad are off the board.
Speaker 4: I'm taking Michael Mayer. He would be in like Tier two of his own for me. Like the problem with Michael Mayor is he's not explosive, but he's an efficiency monster. He beat his hands are pretty good, he's very good in the intermediate area, and he breaks a whole bunch of tackles. So I'm not a believer in Musgrave. I don't care about the camp stuff. He doesn't break tackles, he's not agile, he can't stay on the field. He only had thirteen starts in college. He couldn't get on the field earlier in his career. Then last year was supposed to be the breakout season. He gets injured right away. He's been dinged up throughout the five years that he'd been on campus, only had forty seven catches in college.
Speaker 1: He obviously had.
Speaker 4: A really good testing profile and his uncle's bill with Bill Muskrave, which is why he ended up getting drafted higher with a multi sport athlete and the testing profile good. Like I said, but yeah, I'm out on him just because of the historical president of guys that didn't play much a different stuff like that, you know, shooting the moon on that Musgrave.
Speaker 1: It feels like Musgrave is going to need that traditional tight end like three years to ramp up because he wasn't productive in college. You know who was Michael Mayer was correct over eight hundred receiving yards and back to back seasons at Notre Dame. Have to a potentially very good starting quarterback next year when the Raiders are picking like third in the draft, they're gonna set up their quarterback in the future next season and that guy's gonna be working with Michael Mayor for the rest of his career.
Speaker 4: And this coming year he's got the path to the starting Like I think you're going to start this year, and you have Jimmy Garoppolo that can't throw the ball beyond twenty yards, Well, Michael Mayer sets up in the last year at Notre Dame, they had this noodle armed kid, Drew Pine. All they did every single play was just forced the ball to Michael Maher and Michael Mayer bet double teamed every single time, and then Michael Mayer would just catch the ball and then he fight off all these different guys that were you know, honed in on him or whatever. That's what's going to happen to the Raiders. They're just going to force the ball to Michael Bhayer. Then you're gonna break tackles.
Speaker 1: As Matt Harrison described on this show last week, there's and I'm listening to this, there's a real scenario where DeVonta Adams is not on this team at the trade deadline. He's not a Raider, He's somewhere else. That would move Mayor up the pecking order as well.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 1: Matt Harrison three, mattis NOW'SFO But I think it's legitimate to wonder if DeVante Adams are going.
Speaker 6: To be the tough question number three once.
Speaker 1: Again in Dynasty and Empire redrafts. Which rookie wide receiver are you taking after Jackson Smith and the Jigba is off the board and Jordan Addison's off the board, then where are you going? We begin with thor.
Speaker 4: Well Quentin Johnson, and I'll put Quinton Johnson above Jordan Addison too. Quintin Johnson was my wide receiver one in this past class above both these guys. You would have to put Smith and Jigba above him for fantasy. But I love Quinton Johnson. And in the offense, you know, obviously they have the new offensive coordinator, the fella they brought over from the Cowboys. He loves using guys like this. Quentin Johnson was super underrated during the draft process. He's a stud athlete eighty seven percentile. He's a forty point five inch vertical. He has a six to eight wingspan, could get up in the air and go down and get it six to three home run hitter. I really like his game, and he can do all the different gadget stuff like people didn't give him the credit for that. You can do Brandon Ayuk stuff with him. Deebo Samuel stuff, bringing him in the backfield, you know, giving him stuff like that. They're gonna use him like that, so like you know, and you can play him out of the slot too, so he's gonna get a bunch of usage. You're obviously gonna be starting from day one. So I'm a big fan of his game. You can get the targets from for immediately. So I'm going QJ here, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Quintin Johnson is your answer, Brian in Dynasty and Empire Redrafts, Which rookie wide receiver are you taking after Jackson Smith and Jigba and Jordan Addison are off the board.
Speaker 5: It's QJ for all the things Thor said the offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, and every show I'm on the season, I'm going to make fun of the Cowboys for letting Kellen Moore walk essentially because he scored too many touchdowns too quickly. You gotta love everyone on this Chargers offense and Keenan Allen getting older, Mike Williams banged up throughout his career, Quintin Johnson could find himself as the wide receiver one for that team as early as this season. It's not gonna be Week one, but it could be some midpoint of the season, you know, two thirds into the season. He's got he got a bright future, even though he had some pretty bad drops in the last preseason game.
Speaker 1: I gave some thought to Zay Flowers here, who has the advantage of all that proven production in college, and he's already probably the best receiver on his team right now this year, but he's so much smaller, and he's going to play mostly the slot, where it's really hard to get fantasy points out of small receivers and guys who play the slot. Not impossible, but it's harder. And when you look at the fantas, the profile of consistently productive fantasy wide receivers, by and large, they are bigger, bodied, body control receivers AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase. And that profile just fits Quinton Johnson better. The speed, the size, the athleticism to catch radius. He's just got more upside than Zay Flowers has got. I think for the Jay Flowers sitting on a nice game, a nice season, a nice career, but he feels like six catches, sixty five yards, no touchdowns, a lot of games. Quintin Johnson's got way more upside. And that is the correct answer to the third tough question.
Speaker 3: Back to Luke Musgrave real quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the floor Musgrave the fastest player at Pink Packers camp in terms of miles per hour. Thora you're at the Senior Bowl, right, I was clocked at over twenty miles per hour at six six two fifty five.
Speaker 3: Luke Musgrave, Yeah, it was in.
Speaker 5: Front of change that answer.
Speaker 4: Charge, Well, he was. He was the only the Zebra system what you're talking about. He was the only tight end it's ever gotten over twenty in the Zebra system at the Senior ball. I was just impressed though that he could stay on the field for the whole Senior boss out there.
Speaker 1: I gave him the golf clap.
Speaker 5: We're gonna we're gonna remembering this one.
Speaker 1: For Yes, Luke Musgrave is gonna be the player that divides us.
Speaker 3: I think the best bar. I don't know much about Michael Meyer.
Speaker 5: I watch him a few times at an Order Dame, but whenever he caught the ball they would play the Halloween song.
Speaker 3: But then then then then that was awesome. They better do that in Vegas for him for his twenty catches. Will have this year.
Speaker 1: Probably would we come back players who we love but we hate their ADP. So these are all players that we like. We would take them on our team, but so does everybody else likes them too, and they're too expensive. So players we like, but we're not going to draft. Coming up next Fantasy Football Weekly. Also, if you want to join a guillotine league, it's a perfect time to get in. You get one idea. Take your regular league and take all the same players and do a side guillotine league. See who finishes last, Who is the last man standing among your draft. It's another option to play at guillotine leagues dot com. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Jarge and Brian Johnson Thorne Eistrom with you. There's a segment we call love the player, hate the We'll give you a quarterback, a running back, a wide receiver, and a tight end that we we like these players. We think these are good players, but we're not willing to pay the price for each of these guys. We begin with thor who is your love the player, hate the ADP?
Speaker 4: Quarterback? I'm gonna say you used to love the player, hate the ADP. Deshaun Watson. A recent report from Zach Jackson of The Athletic stated, anything that involves Deshaun Watson remaining in the pocket has been an adventure during camp, and not since early in camp have we seen a string of consecutive completions in any eleven eleven period. Jackson went on to say Watson's accuracy beyond ten yards in camp has been extremely iffy. Uh oh, DeShawn Wattson? Has it been good since twenty twenty? It has been wild?
Speaker 1: This is just a player. You don't like this, you know the we want players you do like. I liked him at Clemson Draft. I liked them at CLEBS. I want players you like now he's well.
Speaker 4: Draft Deshaun Watson in the ADP is eighty second. That's that we're fading hard at ADP. Brian, tell me the quarterback you love, but the ADP you hate?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you.
Speaker 5: I guess can you love a player that has no sample size in the NFL?
Speaker 1: But yeah, sure?
Speaker 5: Do you just project to somebody that it's Anthony Richardson who could break fantasy football? And he looks like he's gonna be a ton of fun. But at QB eleven pick one hundred overall, even though he's gonna be the Week one starter now, which I didn't think he would be a month or two ago, or even like five days ago. I thought they would least roll out Gardner Minshew. I'm still very wary of Richardson at this ADP of QB eleven overall. I get his ceiling is a mile high, but will he come close to it as a rookie. I don't want to pay that price tag to find out the hard way that he doesn't. So I'm out on Richardson at this ADP in a vacuum.
Speaker 1: As a mobile quarterback that I don't have to pay for pay a high price tag for Sam Howell.
Speaker 3: There you go, right top ten quarterback, right.
Speaker 1: About top ten. We'll find out I can't set out earlier Peacock that I can't peacock it yet. It's we're not even one yet. I am not in Peacock territory with my Sam Howell prediction yet. The player I love, the quarterback I love but hate the ADP is Joe Burrow. I means, obviously a great quarterback and you could be the MVP of the league. And I wouldn't be surprised, but I hate his landing spot, which is the end of round three, because here's where I'm at. I can get all these great mobile quarterbacks who can also pass, or I can get Patrick Mahomes early. I want to take that next tier, which for me is Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence. I got to pay end of round three, but end of round three to me, I can get other players who I'm really really high on. I can get Chris Olave, I can get Devonte Smith, I can get Jaylen Wattle, I can get t Higgins, I can get DK metcalf As just the receivers. There's so many great players there. I can't take a non mobile quarterback as high as round three. So as much as I love Joe Burrow and would be happy to have him on my team, end of round three for a quarterback who's not gonna run in touchdowns, can't do it. It's just too high. I can find other passing quarterbacks. Let's go to the running back position, or give me a running back you love but don't want the ADP. I'm gonna play by the rules this time, thank you very much. Exs up. I'm gonna get that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you too this time, both top forty ADPs Travis Etn and Kenneth Walker, And I think you're gonna agree with me on both of these. The So with et And he's thirtieth, and ADP with Walker he's thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Those ADPs, they assume that.
Speaker 4: Both those guys are going to be undisputed starters and they're gonna get like the whole market share whatever.
Speaker 1: But I don't think they are right. Like with Etn, they bring in Tank, our boy charge.
Speaker 4: Tank takes me baby, exactly, and then with with Walker, it's, uh.
Speaker 1: It takes a little bit loud. I gotta think twice about playing the tank sounder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's charbonnet right, And I think both those rookies are going to be cutting into the workloads of both their guys. So I think those ADPs are both inflated. All right, Brian, who's the running back you love but hate the ADP?
Speaker 3: It's Derrick Henry And who doesn't love King Henry?
Speaker 5: A running back unlike any we've seen basically running back, But right now RB seven twenty first pick overall, so that's the late second he's twenty nine years old and two hundred and twenty six days on top of those twenty nine years.
Speaker 3: Yes, you start counting.
Speaker 5: The days with running backs in their late twenties. I don't think there's a lot of tread left on King Henry's tires. I could be wrong, but I'm just going to mitigate all risk here because that cliff, unfortunately is going to come soon for Henry. And also really like ty J Spears rookie running back. It was arguably the best backup running back the Titans have had in Derrick Henry's tenure, well in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Since Derrick Henry was the backup?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 1: Did he? Who is he playing behind somebody for.
Speaker 3: Two years trying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they didn't give him a ton of run as first two years, which if they did, his career probably would be over right now. But yeah, I'm just remembering that one picture where it was him and then the other guy and he was like twice a bit, and I remember, I'll look it.
Speaker 3: Up while you go charge.
Speaker 1: His high school footage is so fun, man, if you haven't looked up Derrick Henry in high school, and just because he's built not dissimilarly to how he's built now, and he got all of these high schoolers just bouncing off of him. It was absurd. It was fulklore. It really was. How many yard do you remember like his high school yardage numbers? Because they were sick ridiculous. They're playing like eight games.
Speaker 4: How would you tackle? How would you just get out of the way? Oh for sure, freight train.
Speaker 1: You know what I would do if he were I'm playing, I'm playing strong safety at height at the high school level, and here comes Derrick Henry. I would just soil him right there. I would even move. I just wet myself right down the spot. I would take a quote unquote bad angle. I like that sound to that. Aaron Jones is the player I love but hate his ADP. He's running back sixteen going off the board in round four. Aaron Jones is a very good player, and if for up to me, he'd be the workhorse on some other team. But he just he just isn't going to be that. We know AJ Dylan is there and AJ Dillon gets a lot of work. Last year, do you guys know what the timeshare split in terms of snap count between Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon? It was just fifty four forty six. That's it, fifty four to forty six. I mean it is almost dead even between these guys. To me, that's lethal at round four for Aaron Jones and he doesn't get goal line carries. Just two rushing touchdowns all of last year for Aaron Jones. It's to me, that's just too high of a price to pay for somebody who's given up half of the half of the yardage, half of the workload.
Speaker 5: Brian, it was Dion Lewis. Listeners can't see if there's a victory. If it looks like Derek, it's like it's like bring your son to work day.
Speaker 1: It does look just like that. Now, answer this from me. You might have to do a little bit of digging and maybe you can do it. Maybe I don't know if you can do it in segment or not. But who is he playing behind for those first couple of years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll get to that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't remember, and it's bothering me. Let's go to the wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Love, but the ADP that you hate thor Deebo Samuel. For me, I love Deebo as a player, but people so his ADP is fortieth overall, people are taking him like he's a high end wide receiver too. He didn't produce like that. After the forty nine Ers acquired Christian McCaffrey, the it dropped his aid dot. They stopped using him on the gadget stuff and different stuff like that. They also stopped using him in the red zone as much. So now, Deebo, he's basically like this hollow PPR wide receiver on a run first team. The ADP is super duper inflated. Obviously, they still got McCaffrey, so I'm out on him.
Speaker 1: Yeap, Deebo. Samuel Bryant, who is the wide receiver you love but the ADP you hate?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, twenty sixteen we should have known this. It was DeMarco Murray.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Seventeen it might have been the same story. But all right, let me let me go back to my my actual note too, wide receiver. Who did you say thor? I was even paying to Deebok. I'm staying in the same division, but a different team. I got DK metcalf. He got to look DK. He's a beast and I saw him. He had a monster game against the forty nine ers in the playoffs ten catches, one hundred and thirty six yards, two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: We watched that game together, thor At Kipps. That's shoutout, shout out kIPS. Yeah, we were on a date.
Speaker 5: But wide receiver sixteen pick twenty nine overall for DK just too much competition now with the addition of Jackson Smith and Jigba Tyler Lockett still there. Of course, gotta love DK, but I don't think he's going to get the target share.
Speaker 3: To pay off that ADP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting that. You know, we don't coordinate this stuff ahead of time, and so if we both fall into the same player, I think that's pretty telling. And I also had Deebo Samuel the round four ADP. You know, we love that he's a highlight machine. We love that he because he's so special after the catch. But his average depth of target, which you alluded to four point three yards, that's nothing. It's the worst in the NFL by among all wide receivers. And his share of the team's air yards eleven percent. To give you a sense of how bad that share of air yards is. The guys that are sitting at like forty percent. That's fantasy goal that's DeVante Adams, that's DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson. Those guys are forty percent. When your air yards is sitting at eleven percent. It's just too hard. And that's what Deebo Samuels too many mouse defeat. Now, well, there's that too, right. And you know when you're throwing short passes all the time at our near the line of scrimmage, you can only be so special to turn that into fantasy production for sure. All right, let's go to the tight end you love, but the ADP you hate thor.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Dalton Schultz on this one. So the last three years when he was with the Cowboys, he averaged sixty six, six hundred and sixty six and six receiving line each season. So he goes to Houston. Now he's not an elite athlete. Camp reports say that c J. Stroud has been targeting his wide receivers a bunch of like Tank Tallis, specifically even Xavier Hutchinson, the seventh rounder. Well, this is what c J. Scroud did throughout his career at Ohio State. He worked with a couple of NFL tight ends. The last couple of years. Kate Stiver, he not there yet, but Kate's over last year thirty six four US six five year before, Jeremy Rutgert only at twenty six catch as he didn't target the tight ends so much. And mister Dalton Schultz is not a great athlete and he's not like a super skilled guy. I don't think Dalton like he's tight end twelve in the ADP. He ain't gonna finish even close to that. Fade Dalton Schultz.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brian, the tight end you love, the ADP you hate.
Speaker 5: Back to the plethora of mouths to feed in San Francisco. I've got George Kittle right now, tight end four sixty third overall, hasn't played a full season since twenty eighteen. He did score eleven touchdowns last year. He had seven in the final four games.
Speaker 1: It was all at the end, at which point you're probably out of the playoffs yet George kittleks he only had four touchdowns before the middle of December.
Speaker 3: Right and his non spike weeks, and they are a fair amount of him. They were brutal. So I'm out on Kittle at this price.
Speaker 5: You gotta love him as a tight end, just an overall football player, a ton of fun. He's a manimal but tight end four, No thanks. There are plenty of sleepert tight end kennet candidates I love out there, Gerald Everett being one of them.
Speaker 1: J I also had George Kittle. So we've doubled up again here, and for many of the same reasons. Too many dud games. Get this. Half of George Kittle's games last year he failed to top twenty nine yards in half his games. In eleven of his fifteen games he did not top four catches. Too many dud games from George Kittle. Plus, as you mentioned, he misses time every year, and even when he's not missing time, questionable, questionable, questionable. God, I hate rolling into Sundays wondering whether or not my tight end's going to play because I don't got two good tight ends on my roster in all probability. Yeah, so that's it. George Kittle my choice here as well for the player that I love, but the ADP I won't pay when we come back. Final segment of the show. Already here, man, these are blacklist players. These are players we don't love, and we're.
Speaker 3: Not paying the ADP.
Speaker 1: Or maybe even not any ADP maybe guys that we wouldn't draft under any real your realistic scenario. Are blacklist players coming up as well.
Speaker 3: We're gonna paddle four too on air right your.
Speaker 1: Initiation, Yeah, spanking Machine four. We'll also give you our sleepers of the week when we return for the final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly. Final segment Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchie and Brian Johnson Thorne Eystrom with you can get all my cheat sheets available at Guillotine leagues dot com. We encourage you to check that out as well as joining a Gullotine league while you're there. Been hearing me talk about it for four seasons now. It is the fun, freshest way to play fantasy football season long fantasy football, for sure. This segment is similar to the last segment, but different. We call it the Blacklist Players. The last segment was players we like. We just don't want to pay the ADP on players who we generally like these are, and we would.
Speaker 3: Draft those players if they slip past.
Speaker 1: Them, that's right, exactly. But these guys or guys who are just basically out on and they would have to fall, you know, way way on ADP before you'd even consider these guys. So these are players that are way off radar. We begin at the quarterback position and thorn eistrom.
Speaker 4: I'm going Aaron Rodgers here. Oh boy, is there a lot of Russell Wilson parallels for me? Hard knock country. Let's ride the pr campaign going on for him every week on HBO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting a little much for thor. I would say, Rogers, do you just refer to yourself in the third person?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I figured i'd get that out of the way on the first show. Thank you, Rogers.
Speaker 4: Stunt lash year is the world's biggest fork sticking out of his back right now. I think he's done. I don't know what people you know are seeing with him right now. I think this is going to end a disaster. I don't want any part of Aaron Rodgers QB fifteen get out of here.
Speaker 1: So your take is basically, you want to get out a year early than a year late. Yeah, and last year might have been the year to get out. He already done in my opinion. Yeah, I think that trade was a big mistake for the Jets, not Russell Wilson. Big can't be that big.
Speaker 5: Right, Wow, yeah, Well, how many toilets does Aaron Rodgers have in his house?
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can I properly evaluate his opportunities until I know how many toilets Aaron Rodgers has got? All right, Brian, give me your blacklist quarterback.
Speaker 5: This guy's not super expensive in terms of ADP, but I have no interest in drafting him, just totally avoiding him at all costs. And it's now a New Orleans Saint. Derek Carr quarterback nineteen. I'm intrigued by the weapons in New Orleans. Crystal Lave budding superstar. Of course, if Mike Michael Thomas can stay healthy, I'm intrigued here we and and Rashid she like him. Jawan Johnson looks like a nice tight end. Alvin Kamara when he comes back, if he can return to form. Kendre Miller intriguing rookie prospect. But I'm just out on Derek Carr. He's just so very blot to me. He's Emo Andy Dalton, right, That's what we dubbed him.
Speaker 1: That's right, last show. He's Emo Andy Dalton.
Speaker 5: And again Taysom Hill is there to muck up everything in the red zone. We're gonna see Taysom Hill come in for Derek Carr at times in the red zone, and I'm just not into Car at all. There are quarterbacks going after him who I'm far more interested in, like guys like Jordan Love Howel, Sam Howell's on the list, Matt Stafford, Kenny Pickett just would much. I've taken those guys over Derek Carr ten out of ten times.
Speaker 1: Thort alluded to my blacklist player already earlier in the show. Deshaun Watson troubling at his high adp here. Yeah, he was a fat top five fantasy quarterback in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. That's a long time ago. This is his seventh year. What if Deshaun Watson isn't a runner anymore and they didn't they didn't draw up designed runs for him in Cleveland last year. What if he's not a runner now? We got to rely just on Deshaun Watson's arm. Even during his heyday for Deshaun Watson, that twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty years, he passed for twenty six touchdowns twenty six touchdowns thirty three touchdowns. That is that's Derek carr If. I got to rely on his arm. That's all I'm getting. Shawn Watson right now doesn't even look the way training his terrible training cap is going. He doesn't even look like the best quarterback on roster right now. We'll see how this lands out for Deshaun Watson. They got to play him. Shoutouts to playtr and when you're making DTR Yeah, when you when you're making a quarter billion dollars, guaranteed, they got to play him no matter what. So they'll go down. The ship will go down with Deshaun Watson, and it might Yeah, let's go to the running back position, your blacklist player thor Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 4: The Colts are tanking right now pretty overtly, and they have zero incentive to play Jonathan Taylor. I think there's a bigger chance than people think that Jonathan Taylor does not play one singular snap for the Colts this season.
Speaker 1: We're at an.
Speaker 4: Impass, hard pass on Jonathan Taylor. Do not buy the depth by Evan Hall everywhere by Evan Hall. Just use a draft slot laid on Evan Hall.
Speaker 1: Break down Evan Hall for people that you're so good with it with rookies. Breakdown Evan Hall for people who aren't familiar.
Speaker 4: If Evan Hall had played in the SEC, he would have gone at least two rounds higher. Evan Hall his testing profile was extremely similar to B. Jean Robinson Jeez, and he had, like his receiving numbers were very similar as well. Like you look at like the his snap distribution out of the slot, his snap distribution out of the boundary, his receptions, his receiving yards, everything like that was fabulous for Evanhall. Interests that he played at Northwestern, so every time he was handed the ball, he was confronted by three guys behind the line of scrimmage. You just didn't get to see him as much with that different stuff. But his vision is very good in part because he had to develop it because he was constantly confronted with guys there and then Northwestern guy, you know, very creative with his usage, you know, putting him out in the slot, putting him on why, different stuff like that, just trying to get him the ball.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Again, because the offensive line outside of Peter Skronsky, the one other good guy they had on offense, was so bad I'm a big, big fan of Evan Hall's game, and I think they're gonna get him on the field immediately because I don't think Jardedthan Taylor is going.
Speaker 1: To be on that teap.
Speaker 5: People can't see this, but he just that's just all came right off the top of Thor's head, which are pretty impressive. Normally were reading notes, but not there.
Speaker 1: Let's go to your blacklist running back, Brian.
Speaker 5: He did fail to call him the incredible hole though. You got to work on that, Thord to the note. Since then, all right, I've been out on this guy all off season and I remain out, even though there's been some encouraging news and videos servicing of Breese Hall, who's been taking off the pup list. There's some training camp pipe videos of him running very fast and a straight line, but coming off major knee injury, you can't just run fast in a straight line. You need to cut, you need to juke. I do not think he's gonna be there this year. He's playing, He's in the most crowded running back room in the NFL right now with the edition of Dalvin Cook, and right now he's RB thirteen. That's after the slide. I think the ADP is gonna rise now that he's been activated off the pup and people have seen him run fast, but he's not going to pay off that ADP. It's a hill I'm gonna die on. I'm still out on Priest Hall entirely at this incredibly bloated price for someone coming off major knee injury. Not even it's less than a year removed, so I'm just not buying into it.
Speaker 1: Breese Hall are running back thirteen. My blacklist running back is running back twelve Travis Etn. Already We've mentioned to him. We've mentioned him already in this show, but also numerous times in our offseason shows as well. And I will again reiterate my case against Travis Etn. Number one, Tank Bigsby, really really good player. Number two Travis Etn is not a goal line back. They tried him at the goal line las Ye because they didn't have any options. He was no good there. He's gonna continue what. I don't even think they're gonna give him the ball. It's gonna be Tank Bigsby getting that. They only threw to him at an average of two receptions eighteen yards last year. Travis Etn's past catching ability has been overrated in the minds of many tank Maybe the better receiver straight up think he's gonna deaf, He's gonna have nothing else eat into any receptions Travis Etn would have gotten, and so really that just leaves you the non scoring fantasy parts for a running back, which is just yards that doesn't bat up for the twelfth running back in the draft. Travis Etn out, let's go to our wide receivers, your blacklist receiver.
Speaker 4: Or totally agree on that take charge you the wide receiver. Kadarius Tony. I wouldn't touch Kadarius Tony with a ten foot Paul. I wouldn't draft him with one of Brian's draft picks.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: Kadarius Tony is a manufactured touch gadget player who doesn't win downfield.
Speaker 1: He can't win in traffic. He has if he hands, he has durability.
Speaker 4: Issues in related new He's going to be an active for a second straight preseason game this weekend, but don't let his injury woes off escape from the fact that when he's on the field, he's severely overhyped, not a good player, like all he can do is move that's it, but you have to manufacture that touches for him. He never going to turn into the difference maker that people want him to be. I'm out on him. The guys that I want there, I want Sky Moore. I would even Justin Ross. If Justin Ross stays, you know, like healthy on the field, He's a better player than Kadarius Tony. The other guy that I really like is Rashie Rice. Oh, rookie, Rashie Rice is going to produce immediately. So Raschie Rice really interesting player. He's a shade under six to one. He's six foot in five eighths two to oh four but tested in the ninety seventh percentile and his wingspan six foot four.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 4: And this was a guy that one downfield consistently at SIM he actually won at all three levels. He had three and fifty two targets over four seasons at SMU. Twenty percent of his targets during that time came twenty plus yards downfield. This guy can do a whole bunch of different things. I think Mahomes is gonna really like working with him. He has a basketball background and you can see that when he goes downfield. He's one of those guys that extends up and he can play through contact. Guys try to come through his back that they certainly did in the AAC. When he's playing at SMU doesn't lose his concentration like a four to five kid. Whatever goes up and rebounds the ball. I'm a big fan of his game. I think he plays immediately.
Speaker 1: Rashie Rice is gonna is he for this year? I'm in a redraft league, not talking Dynasty or Empire. What do you expect this season? I think he plays right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And in that sort of wide open Kansas City receiver room, they need a boundary receiver, especially one that can make plays downfield, working with Mahomes, those extended plays whatnot. That's what Rashee Rice does. So like, I think Rashid Rice plays right away. And when you're talking about like all these other like people try to talk themselves into all these various Kansas City wide receivers.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be talked into Rashid Rice.
Speaker 4: This kid did it right away at ASM you from day one, and then did it over the course of four years. He would getting over one hundred targets per season and dominate in the AAC Like I said, all right, Mahome's gonna love working with him. I compared him to Nate burlesson coming out, very very similar measurables. He gonna handle targets and usage right away. I think you're going to excel there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to your blacklist wide receiver, Brian.
Speaker 5: This guy is going right after Kadarius Tony in ADP and someone I'm avoiding at all costs. It's Jamison Williams of Detroit, who mentioned earlier he's heard his hamstring so he's out for the rest of the preseason.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: He's going to miss the first six games of the season serving his suspension. You'll get him for two games when he comes back. Then they had their bye in week nine, so the first nine games you're getting two weeks of James and Williams.
Speaker 1: No, I can't do that.
Speaker 5: It's not worth the stat Right after, and speaking of not worth the stash, I'm rocking a pretty nice stash that is worth rocking right now, which.
Speaker 3: People could see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it charged you like it, you trust you complimented me on it earlier. But right after James and Williams is going in drafts is Odell Beckham, who in my peacock off I said he's gonna get a top twenty.
Speaker 3: Four wide receiver this year.
Speaker 5: So I'll take Odell every time over Williams and other guys LA going later. Jacoby Myers went very high on so just I don't get James and Williams going almost inside the top one hundred players. Right now, we're gonna get two games at best in the first nine weeks of the season.
Speaker 1: I'm tempted to change my blacklist wide receiver to Odell Beckham right now, but I'm gonna go trailing Burks and it has nothing to do with his current injury because he's going to come back close to Week one anyway, currently going off the board at wide receiver forty. The real issue here is Tennessee just doesn't pass enough. You know, they had the fifth lowest passing play percentage last year, the second lowest the year before that. And b John Robinson. Yeah, he's gonna help the whole offense all together, which is great, but he's also going to soak up what fifty sixty seventy receptions by himself. And then there's DeAndre Hopkins, who likely has got another year left on him. Mike Rabel has never gotten fantasy production from a second wide out ever, and often, by the way, not a first wide out. If we go through the Verbel era, the best receiver he's ever had, AJ Brown, barely crept over the one thousand yard mark. That's it. He's never been able to get production out of a number two receiver. And that's what Trailon Burks is going to be, and that's why he's my blacklist receiver. Let's go to the tight end position, thor who you got is your blacklist tight end.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with IRV Smith, Who's tight end nineteen in the adp IRV l Busto. In my twenty twenty one pre draft rankings, I ranked IRV tight end five and number ninety eight overall. I was looking, you know, Arifasan does that Consentive's big board every single year.
Speaker 1: He wrote in his I went back and I looked at it.
Speaker 4: He wrote in that column that I had IRV quote unquote remarkably low, because IRV that year was number thirty nine and tight end three, and the kids sends the board. I had him, you know, ninety eight at tight end five. Like I said, he's an NFL tweener. He's small, he doesn't change directions very well, he's not a natural hands catcher, and he doesn't move east to west. He also can't block in line, and then he has a durability concerns. Every single year. You hear people in August be like, Oh, if Irv just stays on the field, he's going to break out this year. Well, you can't put him in line, and he can't. He's not gonna stay healthy anyway. And then you can't do a whole bunch of things with him in the passing game because it's just north South stuff, and he's always has to be a tertiary option in the passing game even when he's on the field. I don't get the whole Irv Smith thing. Cincinnati should have used probably their first round pick on a tight end. I get why they were sort of skittish about Mayor, but they probably should have moved up for Delton Cacata.
Speaker 1: For being honest, I'm out, totally out on Irv's meith. I think that almost goes saying he's my wife, my tight end thirty three. That's correct, that's right. FA wouldn't agree more. Ah, your blacklist tight end Brian.
Speaker 5: Mine is Greg Dolcich right now, tight end thirteen, and that is preposterous considering he's not even the starting tight end right now. That's Adam Trautman, who, by the way, is a Sean Payton guy. So Greg Dolcic at tight end thirteen, no out entirely.
Speaker 1: All right, easy, it's easy.
Speaker 5: I'll take Jerald Everett around later every day, all day, every day.
Speaker 3: Jerald Evertt. Baby.
Speaker 1: Cole Comett's got a bunch of steam because he finished okay last year. But let's remember he was zero touchdowns two years ago, and then last year he did absolutely nothing in the first half of the season, I mean, complete disaster, killing fantasy owners who had gambled on him. Then in the second half of last year it started to click and he scored seven times. But here's the weird thing that's masking the fact that he had fewer targets, fewer receptions, and fewer yards and he had the previous when he had no touchdowns. Rashawn Johnson and Justin Fields are going to be potent goal line vultures that could take away touchdown totals from Cole Comet, and while DJ Moore is ultimately going to help the totality of this offense, that may take away some opportunities as well. For cole Comet. I hate guys that have the potential to give me like zero catch games, one catch games, two catch games. That's cole Comet in a nutshell right there. So that part worries me. Let's transition to our Sleepers of the week. We give out one sleeper every week beginning here thor who is your sleeper this week? Sleeper for like preseason? No to draft? Oh, can Brian start this time?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Brian Sleeper of the week? Who you got?
Speaker 5: I'm going to Kyrin Williams, running back for the Rams in his second year. Last year, Williams was injured in the season opener and was inactive until mid November. As a result, finished with just thirty nine rushing attempts at nine catches, so he was a nobody.
Speaker 3: No one really knows.
Speaker 5: Who he is until recently, drafters are finally getting in right. Everyone was drafting rookie Zach Evans instead of Kyrien Williams's cam Akers, backup, handcuffever, whatever you want to call it, but Williams was drafted in the fifth round of the twenty twenty two NFL Draft. Evans was drafted in the sixth round this year, so more draft capital was put into Williams. And Williams was a beast in his final season at Notre Dame as a junior, so he declared early, totaling thirteen hundred plus combo yards and seventeen touchdowns.
Speaker 3: With the Irish.
Speaker 5: So he was an elite pass catcher primarily, and they're going to use Williams as a pass catcher in LA that he's going to play like a very James White type role for Sean McVay, who comes from the Patriots system. If you recall James White, he was target He was like top ten among in targets among all players in its prime. And if something were to happen to Akers, Williams is going to be the starter. It's not Evans. So I love Kyron Williams right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't now Williams. He has a right to get he has a right to get better in your two but I rostered that dude when Cam Akers torpedoed last year. I rostered that dude and tried to get some more value out of him, and watching him, I didn't see anything that made me feel like he was belonged in the NFL. So I'm nervous about Kyrien Williams. We'll see. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. My sleeper of the week is Indianapolis tight end Jelannie Woods. Going off the board, it picked three hundred and eleven tight end thirty eight. Now he's got a hamstring injury that's keeping him out of training cap and that's further suppressing his value. But a reminder from last year's rookie year with Jilanni Woods. An insane athletic and specimen former quarterback, which seems very improbable considering he's six foot seven, two hundred and sixty pounds, massive mismatch for defenders. He's rangy, he gets opened down field. He's a good blocker, way more talent than Moali Cox and Kyle Ranson. I think he moves into the lead tight end spot early this year. Special athleticism for Jelannie Woods, and I feel like the breakout could be coming right here. He started put piecing together some big games at the end of last year. Jelanie Woods My breakout candidate at tight end going up to board to pick three hundred and eleven. That is a deep sleeper, all right, thor you are up sleeper of the week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of someone that I hadn't talked about yet, because I was gonna say Tank Dell, and then I was like, I already talked about Tankte. I love tank Te. I'm gonna go with Marvin Mims instead. I don't think I talked about him yet. I think Marvin Mims starts right away. Marvin Mims was a stud right from the start at Oklahoma, was a stud all three years he was there. I think he's gonna start right away with Denver, and they're going to pass the ball better this year.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with Martin Mims. Arvin Mims, all right, So that's well off radar. I like that, Yeah right, I like that.
Speaker 5: Kyron Williams was not healthy when Acres was mia, so you that take his entirely off.
Speaker 1: I already played last year.
Speaker 5: He did talks the end of the year, but that's when Acres came on strong, so Williams didn't really get his So I'm gonna remember this one a right good.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. I hope I'm wrong. I hope he gets better in your two because last year was not good and that is a fact. Thank you for listening to Fantasy Football Weekly. We'll be back next week, of course for more. It's heavy draft season. We encourage you to hit Guillotine at leagues dot com for the freshest new way to play fantasy football, and we'll be back for more next week. Or a great job on your first show, Well done, my man. Thanks boys. Talk to y'all next week. Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.