Speaker 1: Welcome into Bucks Insider, coming to you from the Bucks Studio, presented by Ticketmaster Casey Phillips here with Scott Smith and Breed Dix. I don't know if I remember time that more has happened in the week leading up to this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all been through it.
Speaker 1: And then we had one of the wildest games that I can remember watching, not just from a Bucks standpoint, but a football standpoint, that was insane, so much to talk about.
Speaker 3: We haven't done this in a couple of weeks, and we decided we weren't going to come back until the Bucks survived a hurricane and.
Speaker 4: A game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wanted to make sure there was enough for us to talk about here, and we have it. So of course we got to start with the run game, right, I mean, this was just such a massive part of this game, and you know, a massive part of what they'd wanted to do this whole year, and such a point of emphasis the last couple of years. So tell me what stands out to you now about this absolute explosion of the ground game.
Speaker 5: Well, the Bucks finished with the third most rushing yards in a single game in team history with two seventy seven, So I think I think that's pretty telling. But with Rashaud White out dealing with foot injury, both Bucky Irving Sean Tucker really stepped up, and I think you could see they were disciplined in their footwork that's accelerated quickly through holes. Sean Tucker was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. I'm sure he probably sent out the little please tweet, but I think you just saw his ability that slash style, and then how they compliment each other, and then Bucky Irving with the lateral cuts, the lethal tiff arm, kind of all those things to get the crowd riled up. And then there was a lot of gap runs and I think one of the staples of that is the counter that's been really successful and one of my personal favorites, I think both of you can probably say the same is Bucky Irving's thirty one yard zig zag rowing that came off of a counter. Both Kate Atton Cody Map pulled across the formation and then Bucky was patient, letting Kid get the backside block, and then Chris Godwin also opened things up, getting the crack block on the edge, and then Bucky just made a move on the outside cut back inside and then flowed laterally across to move away from the congestion. And I think what you're seeing is just the cohesion everybody being on the same page between the rushers, the offensive line, and then even the receivers and the tight ends in the ball game.
Speaker 3: Right as you were saying gap run, the the replay that was showing was a Sean Tucker run, the thirty one yard run. I think it was to the right and it was exactly that great Tristan Wurf's pulling block. But I think the guy you didn't mention that's so important in the blocking scheme was Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right after he was there was literally the first play, first play he was offense fulls end.
Speaker 3: I was joking about that. But another important player in the blocking scheme is Chris Godwin. And Coach Bole said it just the other day that Chris is as important to the run game as he is the past games. Just kind of ridiculous considering he's like, I think, first in the league in receptions and tied for first and touched. So if he's just as important as the past game, that's saying a lot. And then also when you talk, I mean the run game. Also, when you talk about Chris Godwin, all of the little short passes in which he gains.
Speaker 4: More yards is almost like an extension of the run game.
Speaker 3: And last week in that game against New Orleans, he had one hundred and five yards after the catch of his one hundred and twenty five yards, so only.
Speaker 2: Twenty yards were through there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the touchdown was fifty five point five yards of yak because he caught it a half yard behind the line of scrimmage and we all, yeah, look at the route tree there. I mean those were short, mostly short passes, and that he was taken to the house that is on the one. So yeah, Chris is important in this office in so many ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember last year when he came on the show that I did with Ali Marpett last year and we found out that he grew up playing offensive line.
Speaker 4: In like, that's so we love to bring that one.
Speaker 1: I love it because I feel like it just makes so much sense. Ye It's like yes, because I feel like everyone had described him as a guy that seemed to have the mentality of an offensive lineman of this like, I'm not super flashy, I'm just here to get the I'm gonna do the al work. I'm here to get done whatever's asked of me. I'm involved in the block game. That it was like I felt like I saw, especially like Ali's reaction to that.
Speaker 2: Of like this all makes sense, yeah, which I thought was really great.
Speaker 1: All right, So now we talked about that part, but man, we got to give the defense some props as well, and we saw, you know, some important pieces come back, which was very exciting. So for you, Scott, what stands out about the defensive performance in this game?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, this isn't really the topic I was going to start with, but he was just rewatching the game yesterday and it was clear in the second half against Spencer Ratler, who did some really nice things in the first half that Todd Bull said, nah, we're not going to have this anymore. And they set the edges and then just threw every kind of blitz and simulated pressure known to man as Spencer Ratler. They didn't score in the second half, and four of the five sacks that the Bucks got came in the second half, and that's five sacks in that game, fifteen over the last three games, which leads the NFL in that span. This is after it seemed like it was going to be a problem because the Bucks only had two sacks in the first three games combined and not a lot of pressure overall. But I think what has been key is Vitam missed some time, Van missed some time, came back, and now Klijah Cantsey just made his debut after missing the first five games. And those two guys in the middle are what we were talking about before the season started. Callija in his second season, Vita after sort of you know, getting into peak form peak Vita vea form back to that in the off season that this duo in the middle was going to really drive a good pass rush, and I think we saw that in New Orleans. I mean, ten different guys have been involved in getting our seventeen sacks and nobody has more than three. But a lot of people are involved, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that those two guys in the middle demand so much attention. And you know, you saw I Collidja made an instant impact. Everybody saw it. You could see it with you could see it just watching the game, but also coaches talked about it afterward. He got a sack in his first game, bag Vita gotta sacked for the third straight game, and his impact on everybody else was pretty clear.
Speaker 1: And there's such a ripple effect right of you get Vita back and that helps your secondary because he's bringing some stuff right in the guy's face, and the same thing Colijah back helps Vita, and then having Antoine and Georgie were back there helping this. It just was so cool to see all the ways that having these pieces back wasn't just about their play, but it was how it elevated everyone else around them. And I you know, Zion McCollum came on the show with us this week and he talked about how having Vida back, having Colijah back, that he could just sense how different it was even for them as corners of like, oh, like, it's so great to have all of these guys back because then that's even less that we're having to do. But there's less time I'm having to cover.
Speaker 2: There's the guy isn't as comfortable sitting back there.
Speaker 1: But I did want to highlight I mean, our corners, man, what a game. When you're asked, you see an undrafted rookie has not really had a chance to do much and then thrown into in terms of Tyreek Thunderberg, that like thrown into the fire. And yes, gave up that one touchdown and Coach bole said his eyes weren't where they needed to be, but he said, outside of that, had a great game. And I think that's a that's a great sign for us that it's hard to have a backup corner and you know they typically are targeting you like crazy, going after you and to come in for jaml like that and handle it great, which it was a great shoe. Yeah, this was his this was his debut and then of course Tike Smith, this guy has been such a rock, so solid, and you know, Coach Boules said on our show this week that he that he gets the least rookie treatment out of all of them, and he called the most the most veteran treatment because he makes the least mental errors that in terms of as a rookie, this guy has just had the i Q down to Pat and Tom Bowles. Defense is not easy to learn, it's correct not easy to learn, and especially at that position what you're being asked to do. And so I feel like to see what he did with these force fumbles, which in my opinion, maybe they're great. I'm telling you, I don't know I'm allowed to get fined for saying these things.
Speaker 2: But if if we are, we don't mean it, don't We're just kidding. We're kidding around.
Speaker 1: But I mean, should have maybe had two force fumbles, got the interception. He's doing everything everywhere and again not making those mental errors that you would expect of a rookie, and I think that's in Zion. His confidence level just seems through the roof this season, and I love seeing that. Even though there were a couple things late in the Atlanta game that I'm sure he'd love to have back, it didn't affect his aggressiveness this week. I mean, he's leading the league and passes defense, had his first two career interceptions in recent weeks, and I think that he's only going to be better with Antoine and Jordan back there too, because Zion also this week on the show mentioned how with having Antoine back, they had this level of communication where was like, Hey, because you're back here, I'm going to be able to play under some of these routes that they have a very specific like you do this, I do this kind of a thing that he said wasn't the case when Antoine wasn't back there, that is affecting the way that and he was basically kind of almost crediting that for the interceptionals you know that I know I can do these things, and even just for him to have the confidence to now say, be playing those little games with this guy, like hey, you do this, I can do this. We talked about how as a rookie and when you're early on, you don't feel like you can do anything other than exactly the game plan. And Lavonte's mentioned this too, where when you're early on you can't do anything but the exact game plan. But now the longer you're in it, the more confident you get, you can be like, hey, actually in this, why don't you do this?
Speaker 2: And I do this? And Zion's at.
Speaker 1: A position to start making some of those calls now, which I thought was really exciting.
Speaker 3: Rindy Barber and Derek Brooks used to talk about that. Yeah, after a while, they were so insane great the defense that they would talk to you, to them go, okay, we always do this with you on this sight and you on this said let's switch this time. Yeah, And Derek and Ronde love to tell that story.
Speaker 2: I love that all right.
Speaker 1: So also, as we talked about the importance of how many guys we were able to get back this last week, it's a very big deal. So again, because of the weird you know, not having the Monday night schedule, we're a day late on everything. So normally in the show we have an injury report by now we do not, but so tell us what we're keeping an eye on once we do start seeing those injury reports come out of who's good.
Speaker 2: To go, who may not.
Speaker 5: Wait, Well, Jamaldine exited the Saints game early on with a hamstring injury.
Speaker 2: He will seemingly miss.
Speaker 5: Some time with the Bucks activating Keenan Isaac from the practice squad to the active roster, so his condition is certainly something that will monitor. And then Graham Barton, he's been dealing with the hamstring injury, didn't play against the Saints. Now, Robert Hainsey had an incredible game, boosted the run game, So if he's not able to go, then Robert Hainsey would obviously step in. And then like Evans was kind of in and out of the Saints game, So we'll get some clarity on that injury as well this week, and then also seeing how Trey Palmer progresses any confession protocol.
Speaker 1: All right, so then now let's get into our trivia for this for this week.
Speaker 2: For you, what do you have for of us here?
Speaker 5: Okay, ready for this? I am when the Buccaneers beat the Ravens for the first win in the two thousand and two Super Bowl season. Who had the pick six that sealed the twenty five to zero shutout?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I know, I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if I was gonna get a hint. I feel like sometimes you give me a hint and then well usually the hint.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and two team, thank you, he played defense.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: If that had changed my mind of who I was picking, that would have been if I was like, ah, dang it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was at the very end and they were Baltimore was close to scoring and it didn't matter. We were going to win the game, but the team really wanted.
Speaker 4: To shut out.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's gonna be mentioned a right, So Scott, tell me a milestone tracker for this week. What are we going to be watching it this Monday night game?
Speaker 3: Okay, we've been off the air for a few weeks now, so please forgive me for going back to the same well, but it's really important.
Speaker 4: It's Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: Since we last broadcast this show, he's got a couple more touchdowns and so he's at ninety nine now and that's tied for eleventh with a guy from the Packers from the thirties and forties named Don Hudson, and it's tied for eleventh. So one more, we'll give him one hundred, and that will make him the eleventh player in the history of the NFL with one hundred receiving touchdowns, and the other ten, eight of them are already in the Hall of Fame, and the two that aren't are Antonio Gates, who was just eligible for the first time last year and is going to get in yep, and Larry Fitzgerald is probably going to get in on the first ballot when he's all So we've kind of put to bed whether Mike Evans is a Hall of Famer or not, but that one hundred touchdown is going to be huge. He actually has one hundred total touchdowns because he had one on a fumble recovery and he's tied for twenty fourth in league history and that, but that's not as cool as sounding as like top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and it's funny you're going to be tracking that milestone. I'm going to be tracking if he keeps the football because Mike Evans is he has a history famous for throwing the football into the stands and then later being like, dang it.
Speaker 2: Throw you know, his own whatever.
Speaker 1: And so it was funny last week, you know, you mentioned he got the one hundredth touchdown or two weeks ago and threw it and everybody's like, no, there's like, well it was ninety ninth receiving.
Speaker 2: It was his hundred.
Speaker 1: So everyone's like, okay, well, now this next one, he's going to keep it right, And so I think that's what I will be tracking is if he scores, does he throw the football and then does he regret?
Speaker 3: You know, teams have a getback coach yah sidelines, we need to we need don't throw.
Speaker 1: Coach on each put the put the net up behind the field thing wherever he is to keep it from going on the stands.
Speaker 2: Move the net in front of him.
Speaker 3: By the way, his next game will be his one hundred and sixty first, which will break a tie with a great former center named Tony Mayberry for eighth placed in team history. And it's weird to think that three of the top ten most games played are on the team right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's impold to David will Golston and Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: And yet the Buccaneers are something like the third youngest team in the league.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a weird mess.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, all right.
Speaker 1: So now let's flip into our fantasy watch, which that's my favorite, that is your favorite for.
Speaker 2: Sure, So tell me what are you going to be watching. What advice do you have for people?
Speaker 3: Well, everybody's going to be deciding whether or not they should ad Sean Tucker and you know because really, honestly, he had fifty three yards from scrimmage in his career before this last game when he had one hundred and ninety two and Rashad Whit's gonna come back at some point, and there's been talk of the three headed monster. And that's what every fantasy player dreads is a backfield where you don't know what's going to happen and which guy's going to have the yards and the touchdowns this week next week, the week after. But in fantasy football, you got to take the shot at a running back because they're so hard to find, especially in season, and you've got injuries and you've got bye weeks and you need some depth. Take the shot. Put them on your bench, see what happens. See what happens. So I would say, if you're deciding whether or not pick up Sean Tucker, definitely do so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then secondly, if you're a person like I do a lot, you stream defenses, like you pick one a different one each week, just based on matchups, stay well clear of this ballgame on Monday night, because these are two of four highest scoring teams in the league. Bucks just had five hundred ninety four yards. I think the Ravens had about four hundred and sixty yards against the Commanders, and they average more than two hundred yards a game, so rushing yards a game.
Speaker 4: So just don't bother with this game.
Speaker 2: That's a good call. I like that very much, all right.
Speaker 1: So now this is where typically we talk about sort of the human interest side off the field. Typically it's about all player that we find some fun fact about them or interesting storyline. But of course, with this last week with the hurricane coming through and the herculean efforts of our travel staff and everything they did for this organization, we just felt like that was what we.
Speaker 2: Needed to focus on, talk about just what it took to have this happened. So, Bree, you were part of the travel party.
Speaker 1: To New Orleans, tell us what stood out to you about it and just what it was like to watch what all it it took for the that department to get this done well.
Speaker 5: And it's funny because I think a lot of times we in this industry, we get so you have your regimented schedule and unless you have a Mina night football game, a Thursday night football game, every week essentially mirrors the week before, like you know, exactly what you're doing every single day. So this took flexibility adjustments by everybody, and just obviously gratitude for the Glazier family for prioritizing the safety of the team, the staff, getting everybody out, and I just think, you know, you just got to see the behind the scenes look of every single aspect. People making makeshift desk, people working in the mill room, people working on the floor, working in hotel rooms. Because practicing at Tulane university, and then we're shifting multiple hotels, we're doing meetings in one hotel, we're staying in one. Then we're all getting on the buses again, shifting hotels on Friday, but just to see, you know, and I think throughout the week. Initially you're worried about loved ones. Obviously you're worried about the city of Tampa because a lot of people had their their pets, their spouse, you know, grow or whatever on the trip. If you had a lot of people that all of their family wasn't on the team planes, wasn't able to evacuate, so you had them back at home. And then just absolute props to Tim Jarrocky, the senior director of Team Operations, that I don't think probably slept at all. I think every single time I saw him he was on the phone, coffee in hand, but just not only booking multiple options going into the trip and kind of having that contingency plan, uh is it New Orleans, is.
Speaker 2: It somewhere else? But then also after the fact.
Speaker 5: Of booking places for people that still had flooding, that still had issues in their homes that they couldn't go back to if we couldn't get back to Tampa. So all of that throughout the week and just the ability of the team and the staff to just block out those distractions but use it as fuel against the Saints. And then also kind of the same with Duke Preston and Tyler Thompson with player engagement and just working with the players individually to see, okay, what what is the home situation, like do you have flooding? Do you need somewhere to go? And then booking, you know, getting the hotel rooms ready. So it was definitely a team effort, a very very interesting week, but happy to say that we got the win, and I think it was fun just to see the video.
Speaker 4: Of the game. Balls yeah, yeah, yeah, Tim Drackey, that one didn't, didn't.
Speaker 3: Duke uh and his people also set up like excursions for the families.
Speaker 5: Yes, so they had a big zoo day one of the days for the kids.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The point being giving them something to do and so the players the the The whole idea was to be so structured and organized that the players could really focus on football like they normally do and they're worried, right, and bringing the families along allowed them not to worry about their families back home. So it's not that it's not a heartless thing like focus on football. It's like, let's take care of everything.
Speaker 4: So these guys feel comfortable focusing.
Speaker 5: On football well. And I love what Zion McCollum said too, is that if you had a question or going through film studying, you're doing different things.
Speaker 2: He's like, we didn't have to send a text, you didn't have to call somebody.
Speaker 5: I could literally just walk down to someone's room and go in there and talk about things. You were in this own little world, locked in in a hotel space, and even though it's different and it's out of your realm of what you're normally doing. I think the guys were really really good about being focused and being locked in despite everything else throughout the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really think that you can't overstate the idea that part of why we won is because of the efforts of the Travel department and the Glazer family, because the mental side is such a huge part of it. And if you are frantic and worried and running around and all that, the odds of you really, like you said, being able to focus on the game. So there's the side of the empathetic human side, where this organization in the Glazer family took care of everybody that it wasn't just about football, it was your safety is first, your family is first, like they don't have to do that. That was above and beyond for how the travel department handled it, how the Glazier family handled it, all of it was above and beyond. And then also to see how well they did it that it affected the way that the team was able to focus and be ready for a game. To see that they hit both sides of that of the human side and the football side so well was amazing to see. And I just think that that was truly a heartwarming thing of you know, football as family that they always say that, and it was very cool to see that. And it wasn't just the football side either, that they were taking care of the business side. That they were telling everyone on the business side, hey, like if you need hotels, the Glazer family has paid for them these different places. And I thought that was so incredibly again above and beyond an amazing and to feel cared for by your organization during such a stressful, chaotic time, I thought was really amazing. It may be proud to work here for the way that they handled it, and I just I thought that was really amazing and continued on, Yeah, there are still people that they have in hotels because they don't have power, or they're flooded, or you know, whatever the case may be. It was not a thing that, like to your point, that ended with the New Orleans game.
Speaker 2: It is still ongoing.
Speaker 3: So the Glazier family provided the resources. But you mentioned Tim Jiroki and Zach Worth give made it happen, Yes, and they didn't. They started this on Friday before the Tuesday trip. Tim was coaching, helping coach his son play football when he got the call. So on a Friday, just a normal friday, Yeah, a high school football night, right, And so I don't think he slept a whole lot, as you mentioned after that, but they also they had contingency plans. They also found rooms in Houston in case, in case there.
Speaker 1: Wasn't going to be Yeah, if planning one of these wasn't crazy enough, let's do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there wasn't enough rooms at the jaw where we were going to stay over the weekend, and did stay over the weekend, right, So they had to this hotel and then this hotel had had the meeting space, and so just to put it all together, it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Amazing, incredible, good job guys.
Speaker 1: All right, well, now let's turn the page as much as this was an incredible week, and let's look ahead to this next game against the Baltimore Ravens. There is a lot to look at with this team. They are pretty dang good. They are lighting the league on fire, especially on the offense. So tell me what stands out to you. Of course, to start the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they lost their first two games kind of flukey, especially the Raiders game, but they have won four in row, coming in and pretty handily and against some good competition. And what stands up first of all is the running game. They're averaging two hundred and five rushing yards per game, which after in the offseason they thought, hey, let's sign Derrick Henry, the enormous running back for the Tennessee Titans, and put him in the backfield with Lamar jack Look at the two of them next to each other, Lamar Jackson, who is such a rushing threat on his own, and let's see what this pair of running threats can do to defenses. And you got to say it's proof of concept. It's been exactly what they were hoping for because I mean, especially think about a ready.
Speaker 1: Now he's out running DB's with the football in his hand, and he's like twice their size, which.
Speaker 4: He's done throughout his career. But he's thirty years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's already reached over twenty one miles per hour several times this season. He's running his fasts and when he gets it into the open field, he runs as fast as in the league. And he's huge, and he's thirty years old. So it's really not fair. But you saw, I think I think you saw in one of those plays there was what you call his own read. So Lamar Jackson's either going to give it to Derek or keep it.
Speaker 5: How do you do?
Speaker 4: How do you defend that?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 4: That is rough?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Defense.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time we saw Derek Henry, like, we went to the joint practices in Tennessee and he walked past us, and I remember you and I just been like.
Speaker 3: She's not exaggerating, it's true. And we talked about this a lot, but we both were like we knew he was huge. He walked by on the end.
Speaker 4: That's a running back.
Speaker 1: He said, Really, that's a defensive end. That's not a running back. That's a defensive end.
Speaker 3: I get the most amazing stat, and you're going to talk a little bit about their defense, but the most amazing stat to me right now through six weeks, the Ravens are out rushing their opponents by an average of one hundred and forty eight yards hundred forty six yards a game. They are averaging one hundred and forty six more rushing yards per game.
Speaker 1: If you were just averaging that many rushing yards, that's great, and then more than the yeah, that's whow.
Speaker 4: So hopefully the Bucks running game can change that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so Bree, what are you taking a look at for this game?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, on the defensive side, Zach Orr was promoted promoted to defensive coordinator. I think it's interesting, little bit lopsided. They are first in the NFL in run defense and thirty first in past defense.
Speaker 1: So maybe we should I'm gonna go to Cohen's offense after this and be like, I got.
Speaker 4: It, I got an idea. This came to me just wideboard thought.
Speaker 5: Yes. So, as much as they've struggled against the past or four C teams, to be one dimensional. I think that all starts with Travis Jones, their nose tackle, who plays with good leverage at the point of attack, has kind of been their anchor inside, and then their defensive tackle, and I really hope I do not butcher this nond to Bak again, who just has the short area of quickness, the athleticism to stop rushers. And then linebacker Roquan Smith, who leads their demon tackles and it's just kind of a speed demon can out outpace rushers to the boundary explosive in space.
Speaker 2: So I think those.
Speaker 5: Guys are going to be kind of the key of that defense and have kind of been their game wreckers each week.
Speaker 3: By the way, thirteen sacks last year outrageous, which is why he got his bag.
Speaker 1: I figured I would talk about the fact that, like we went into the whole run part of their offense and that that alone would probably be anything else. Yeah. Yeah, they put all their resources into just that. Yeah, And that was what I wanted to focus on, is the fact that that's not it that that's not all that would be enough, but it's not. So they also have of course, they their offense as a hole.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 1: Their stats first in the league and yards per game, yards per play, running yards per game, running yards per play, and sack rate and third down conversion, all of those categories first.
Speaker 3: In the Yeah, but they're only like eighth in passing yards right.
Speaker 1: Right, So then there's that weakness they And then as we talked about, let's say, okay, we stopped the run, let's say we just oh, okay, I'm gonna just say that, we're gonna We're gonna do that. They have zay flowers out there. And then he's sent new career highs and yards. The last two weeks in a row. He had nine catches for one hundred and thirty two yards in the first half versus the Commanders last week and the week before he had seven catches and one hundred and eleven yards. So he can go off, obviously if you don't pay attention to him, if you get too focused on Derek Henry.
Speaker 2: Of course, Mark.
Speaker 1: Andrews had been in a bit of a slump for him for a while, caught his first touchdown of the season last week, had a couple solid games now in a row, so you really don't want to let him get on that role that start letting him and you know them get back into that same rhythm that they've had. And then the interesting thing is the one potential weakness that seemed like their offense was going to have this year was their offensive line. That they made some moves, they did some different things, new guys. First couple games, it was looking a little rough. It was like, oh, man, like you need that offensive line to do what you want to do with Derrick Henry and with.
Speaker 2: The passing game.
Speaker 1: And then they seem like they have figured it out and we know how to is with the offensive line of sometimes it takes that chemistry, that communication a little while, and it feels like they are because now they had three new starters coming into the season and then they had some moves due to injury, and it seems like it's actually gone really well. They've now allowed the least sacks in the league, so again number one in the league. They've allowed the least sacks across the whole season, so even factoring in those couple games that they weren't playing as well. So obviously this is going to be a tall task for our defense. But we've seen that like Tod Bowles can figure things out that man is back. They're dialing up different things, and I feel like we've seen what a nice time to have so many of our defensive guys back that I want to see, you know, and I read all this, I'm like, but we have Vita, but we have Antoine, but we have all these things, and I'm just so thankful that for the timing of all of it, that we have a lot of our guys back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be an interesting thing they have.
Speaker 3: They're starting a rookie at right tackle and Roger Rosengarten. He's a second round pick. But this last draft was so deep in tackles that you could find a guy in the second round. So and also you didn't even mention Isaiah Likely a second tight end who is a very dangerous threat as well.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: There, there is, all right, So now it's time for our answer to our trivia question.
Speaker 2: I thought, I go ahead, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Don't need to put on because I know who it is. It's uh, did you have a guess?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I always guess Ronde, okay, which feels like it would have been a decent guess.
Speaker 4: Brian Kelly led that team in interceptions that year.
Speaker 5: I can't guess because because you know, the answer looked, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have the yes.
Speaker 4: The answer is Derek Brooks look at that.
Speaker 3: And this was the beginning of his two thousand and two NFC Defensive Player of the Year campaign, in which he scored five touchdowns. This was the first one ninety seven yard touchdown. I can still picture him running because he had kind of an unusual running gait and you don't usually see your linebackers running ninety seven yards. It's the second longest interception return in team history after a shut in Quarrels ninety eight yard against the Packers, and tied for the third longest touchdown of any type in team history. And he would go on to do great things that year. But they wanted that shut out bad and Derek Brooks.
Speaker 4: Made it happen.
Speaker 2: All right, Well there's our answer. I hope some of you got it right.
Speaker 4: I bet something like we got it wrong.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: That one feels like a thing maybe people would have done. All right, that is going to do it for us on this edition of Bucks Insider. Thank you so much for being here with us. We'll see you next week.