Speaker 1: Let me say something.
Speaker 2: You are drunk, completely high if you think that the Bulls are going to pay zach Lavine.
Speaker 1: A MAX contract. He is a MAX player. But riddle me this.
Speaker 2: If Jimmy Butler couldn't get the max from Chicago, how do you think that the Chicago Bulls are going to pay zach Lavine that money not even close to the same caliber of player, especially now that they're playing they're paying Derozen and they're paying a Lonzo, and they're playing paying Vouch And somehow, some way, fans in my fucking comments section think that I am the one that's insane by saying zach Lavine has either got to take less or he's got to get gone.
Speaker 1: You think they're gonna go deep into the luxury tax for zachly. I like zach Levine too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is a bucket, But forty million dollars for zach Lavine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not the guy you opened the checkbook for.
Speaker 2: Come on. Yeah, they're already floating fake rumors about zach Lavine being quote unquote open to take less. If right now this article came out very mysteriously now after they've signed to Rosen and Lonzo, that he would be open to taking less if they surrounded him with better role players, and he never said that. He's never said anything close.
Speaker 1: To that this.
Speaker 2: In fact, he said the exact opposite at the end of the season presser, and actually even in Tokyo he's.
Speaker 1: Talking about it.
Speaker 2: I let my performance on the court dictate what I get paid. I think that's what everybody wants to get paid, what they're worth. When my time comes, I'm definitely gonna get that. I think with different situations, different people taking less money or taking the max.
Speaker 1: It's a business.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I definitely want what I deserve, and whatever that.
Speaker 1: Is, I'll have it coming to me.
Speaker 2: Does that sound like a guy who's planning to take less money if they surround him with good role players.
Speaker 1: It does not. It does not. It does not.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that I think fans miss. They just say a guy is worth max money. That's just a fun thing to say. He's max guy, max player, got a max mount, love him, love Zachalleean, He's a bucket max money.
Speaker 1: Max money is forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Max money is over one third of your salary cap on one guy fifteen teen fifteen guys plus some and that's one guy thirty five percent of your roster.
Speaker 1: That is a commitment.
Speaker 2: That is Damian Lillard money. And I promise you I love Zach Vieen. He's not Damian Lillard even even fun close to Damian Lillard caliber player.
Speaker 1: He's probably the best debate right now. Is he a MAX guy?
Speaker 2: He is? Probably He's what Devin Booker used to be, only is not the same caliber of player as Devin Booker. Yeah, I mean I always knew Booker was going to get the MAX, but yeah, yeah, Booker's probably the most recent one like that. Yeah, And Sarvar was much more interested in keeping Devin Booker then Chicago is paying zachlab They've been very clear we had Oh yeah, he's all you had. And you have three other guys making more than twenty million, So you got sixty million plus forty million. That's nine million for like twelve guys. And you remember who owns the bulls, right, Jerry fucking Rhymes Dwarf.
Speaker 1: I do need to remind folks on TikTok who were not born when this happened.
Speaker 2: But that is the same guy who ran Michael Jordan out of Town, Michael fucking Jordan when he had at least one more title run left in him and admitted he was too cheap to keep the team together. That's the set is the same human, same guy. You think he's changed, you think he's gotten more generous over time or less. Like Scrooge wasn't a twenty five year old. Scrooge was a seventy five year old. That's the same guy who tried to build a winner on a budget for two decades and failed miserably. The same very guy that had the opportunity to max Jimmy the fuck Butler out and he was like he did not think Jimmy was worth a MAX deal. Jimmy Butler has received two Max deals since then. Two. You do not see rim checked Washington Wizard Michael Jordan ever exist if Jerry Rhines Dwarf was the owner. So forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of the bulls pang Zach Lavine, just a student of the game, student of history, trying to spit facts for the young uns.
Speaker 1: Come back to me, Come back to me. Eight months from now. We'll see