Speaker 1: Lamar in the gun, there's a snap, he throws it past for the end zone Ittor, except that Joey Porter Junior took it away from the ballim or receiver. How about that you got jost of Steelers great past.
Speaker 2: Joey, how long ago does it feel that you were at Saint Pancient College training camp and going against George Pickens every day?
Speaker 1: It feels like a It was actually pretty fast. It's like a blink. Just so much has happened in the past couple of months. It's just like crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything about yourself?
Speaker 3: I learned I could do this, Like you know, you always have second guesses when you're coming into the league, just because you never know how it's it gonna go throughout the season. I really figured out, like I told myself, Yeah, I could do this sport like I fell in love with the spoy at a young age, and I feel like I could continue to do it.
Speaker 1: At this end, Joey Porter Junior made sure that was not a touchdown.
Speaker 2: After you were drafted by the Steelers, being snubbed from the first round, you said that it was all worth it, the waiting, the process. Is that the same feeling you have waiting to be a starter, definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, just as a rookie and you feel like you got a lot to prove, you always want to get out there just to show the teammates that you're ready, that you have rised and everything like that. And I just put my head down and went to work every day and never got lacks days ago, because you never know what your name's gonna get caught, Like, well, my name got called. I didn't even expect it to get caught, but I was already so ready and prepared.
Speaker 1: It didn't really make a difference, you know how it is. We did it right. We did it right. Everything was perfect about it, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: When you hear people say, oh, the Steelers snuck in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: What do you say to that, We in the playoffs, Like, I don't care how we got in. We're in the playoffs, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's it's an even playing field when you get to that point in my eyes, So we're all excited we got in and we're just gonna go to work.
Speaker 2: Cam was talking about on his podcast that the off the couch guys they deserve the credit. That's kind of what coach t has started calling them. But he said, also credit to Aaron Curry and your position, coach Graedy Brown. What have you learned from him in your short time here with him?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Just consistency, That's that's the main thing we always strive for. That's the thing that makes the good ones great. And uh, he really preached that to me when I walked in the building. He told me the things that I needed to work on and when I need to get better at. And we've just been working at those things every day and we're pretty proud of.
Speaker 1: What it looked like so far. What kind of coaches he he's Uh, he always told us he was a math teacher, so he feel like he coaches like a math teacher.
Speaker 3: So he really hands on and he's really direct in what he say, and you're gonna feel his presence in the room.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: I ain't too busy today.
Speaker 1: Ever need me, I'll have me. I can multi time.
Speaker 2: What is the back and forth like between you and coach Tomlin When you say, all right, the opposing team, I went their number one wide receiver.
Speaker 1: He was like, is that even a question?
Speaker 3: Like at this point he was like, that's not even a question, you already know what the assignment is and h the first time was Hopkins and he was like, yeah, I gotta I gotta sleep on that. I'll come back to you to tomorrow and everything like that. And luckily he gave me that heads up and that nod. So we just have that good relationship where he knows what I want, I know what he wants, and we're just gonna keep working.
Speaker 2: What did he tell you about step On Diggs?
Speaker 1: He's a savvy vet. You know, he's a great round runner.
Speaker 3: He's been in the league for a long time and been doing great things, things that I already knew just to being a fan of the game watching house Stephane's been playing throughout the years.
Speaker 1: You kind of get those things. So I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: You know, it's another guy on the list that I get to go against and put them on the list, that's what I usually say, So it's gonna be a fun match up.
Speaker 2: Do you pay attention to that now, maybe like as a whole, just the different guys that you've had to face.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I definitely look at the list and stack them like how I did against them, where I ranked them in my head and stuff like that. So I definitely think Diggs is up there in that list, like with Devontae Adams and all those dudes.
Speaker 1: Definitely, So it's.
Speaker 3: Really it's really gonna be one of those top tier performances for me that I need, and it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great match up.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest thing that the defense is gonna have to do this week?
Speaker 3: Just communicating run to the ball. I feel like that's the main thing that you got to do to be a great defense. And if we bring that to any type of game, we're gonna be in a good position. If we just communicating run to the ball. All has to the ball. I don't see nobody beating us.
Speaker 2: From a secondary perspective, what would it mean to have Mika Fitzpatrick back in the lineup?
Speaker 3: I mean it means a lot, you know, to have meeting back. He's an All Pro hop of safety, he makes great plays. Just to have him back as a leader as a general on the field put us everybody in the right position. It's definitely great around these times, definitely in the playoffs. So we're all excited to have Mink back.
Speaker 2: When you were honored with the Joe Green Great Performance Forward for the Team Rookie of the Year. You said, Hey, my dad didn't win this, I'm gonna have to tell him about it. What did he say when he found out?
Speaker 3: He told me he already knew about it, which kind of bummed me out.
Speaker 1: I was kind of mad. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: He told me somebody leaked in the total. I'm like, how they tell you before me, So that kind of ruined it. But he was still happy for me and congratulating me like he always do.
Speaker 1: So it was a good little thing.
Speaker 2: Do you sit back at all and just think, Okay, I've gone through training camp, preseason, playing in the NFL, making starts postseason, and kind of taking this experience that some people don't always get to enjoy making.
Speaker 1: It this far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good problem to have that. My dad liked to say, you know, your body's tired, you're drained and everything, But like you said, now, everybody's will be able to be in this position, are able to see this position, So he kind of can't take it for granted.
Speaker 1: And I'm more excited than anything my rookie year. I'm in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get a great opponent next to me that's really gonna put my game to the test. So I mean, I can't really complain about this whole situation really, all
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks Joey, thank you,