Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson I Am all In podcast. We are gonna discuss episode nine, season five. Emily says hello, Hello, really really said hello?
Speaker 3: Good good?
Speaker 1: She said good morning, good afternoon, and good night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a doozy. This is a real doozy. I have like some real thoughts on this one.
Speaker 1: And this podcast is brought to you by One eleven Productions in conjunction with iHeartRadio. So like one piece of business. I want to do Louisville Comic Con June sixteenth, eighteen, Louisville, Kentucky. I will be appearing there, so everybody come on down.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to do we get tickets.
Speaker 1: Uh, just go to Louisville Popcorn dot com and they can get tickets or Popcorn Louisville dot com and they get tickets. Can't wait to see everybody anyway. Danielle Romo Tarasuit, Amy Sugarman, Danielle take us away?
Speaker 3: Does it wait before that really fast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does anyone feel like it was super weird when you realized it was fall and the pumpkins were out? You know?
Speaker 4: I did think about the pumpkins.
Speaker 5: Usually the pumpkins bother me.
Speaker 6: I feel like last Pumpkins season it really bothered me, But I'm okay.
Speaker 5: This time, I feel it's tired.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: This time it's comforting for me.
Speaker 3: It just threw me because sometimes we're kind of in line. Like last fall it was fall, yeah, and now it's like really about to be burning hot summer and I'm just like.
Speaker 4: This, Oh, you mean our current state.
Speaker 6: It's because we're not taking three four months off, you know, to the episodes.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's the hiatus. That's our hiatus.
Speaker 3: Seeing Jackson in that hat and I was just like, I'm sweating for him.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't notice the pumpkins. And there's a reason for that, which we'll get into.
Speaker 5: Oh I wonderful get Christmas in July, like for us.
Speaker 3: I wonder boy probably right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Well, Danielle apologize.
Speaker 5: Oh good.
Speaker 6: This is season five, episode nine, Emily says hello. Air date November sixteenth, two thousand and four. Emily stunds Laura life with her plans to begin dating, while Rory is trying to get her grandparents back together. After joining Lorelie for lunch at the Dragonfly, Rory is furious to see that Christopher is also there. Loralai tells Luke of the lunch and emphasis after it happens, and Luke tries to navigate how he feels about it. Jackson is overwhelmed by the burdens of his as town selectman, and Suki is experiencing mood swings stemming from her pregnancy.
Speaker 3: All I can say is everyone listening, buckle up, because I have got so much discussion for this episode.
Speaker 1: Hmm, that's unusual. You never have much to.
Speaker 3: Say Bird Scott, though, I want to know why you didn't notice the pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Because I wanted to experience the show in a different way because so many people love this show so much, they've seen it so many times that they just have it on in the background incessantly, you know, twenty four to seven, and while they're doing their errands or round house or doing laundry or whatever, and they're not watching it because they know it's so So I did that with this episode. I said, I'm going to put this on and just go about.
Speaker 3: My interesting did it? But I that would be hard for me because I would miss stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still got the jokes. I still laugh My wife and I were laughing at certain jokes that we sort of caught in the background. It still has this ability to reach you, yeah, and pull you in. And we found ourselves kind of like stopping what we were doing and then and I'm not going to say what we were doing. I gotta say that in the morning and and sort of drift downstairs to the TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched the scene because there was some funny stuff going on.
Speaker 3: I have gold laundry a lot while I'm watching TV, and I that that actually works for me. But if I'm kind of doing emails and then all of a sudden, I'm like, wait a minute, I need to stop the emails and really focus then on what's happening on the whatever I'm watching. Right, So did you find it enjoyable?
Speaker 1: I did. It made me happier. I mean that the I woke up in a little bit of a mood because I didn't. I got to bed really late and I had to. You know, I get up earlier automatically every morning. But this really gave me a lift. It really really did.
Speaker 3: So I wonder if the way you were watching it before was just with too much critique, like really really watching it to critique it rather than watching it to experience it or enjoy it.
Speaker 1: This is why I did this experiment. One must look inward. Realized that maybe a critical eye on this show is not such a great idea all of the time.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm never mad at it. I like the discussions, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the discussions too, But I just I really wanted to try a different way of consuming the show. And it really is kind of wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this because you might not have noticed it, but here's my question for you. It was so First of all, it's November, right, so you probably filmed this October, maybe late September. Hot is heck in bird Bank? Right? I noticed there was a breeze right when Lower Life sees Jackson, So she kind of comes around and she sees Jackson in the opening scene they have their conversation. Would that be a fan to cool them down?
Speaker 1: I don't maybe, but it was actually a breeze. It's hard to have a fan going when you know the sound apartment would would protest, right, you know, it would be tough.
Speaker 3: I would assume even the wind is tough.
Speaker 1: You don't get a lot of wind in the valley.
Speaker 3: And her hair was a blowing Yeah, you could.
Speaker 1: Could have been could have been a little silent wind machine.
Speaker 3: I mean, she looks good. She looks good. So Jackson hates being select man, like he needs to quit. But what do you all think?
Speaker 1: Are you missing Taylor a little?
Speaker 5: Just quit Jackson?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do miss Taylor.
Speaker 3: Missing Taylor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're missing Taylor all of.
Speaker 1: His zany antics. I mean, let's just say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we didn't even really see him at the town meeting.
Speaker 4: It seems odd, right, he's like hiding out.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's great to see more Jackson. Yay, right, Yeah, I agree. And he did it. He knocked it out of the park for sure. But it's like after a while it was like, hmmm, where's Taylor? Yeah, and boy, he was deposed and I don't know. Somehow, I I somehow formed a pack, a super pack to get money raised to get Taylor back in that position.
Speaker 3: I do think that Taylor is better running the town. Jackson doesn't like it. He doesn't want to do it, like.
Speaker 4: You need someone who it's like their whole life.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even want to cut the ribbon.
Speaker 7: He doesn't want to he doesn't want to send the meeting, he doesn't have the meetings.
Speaker 3: It's like awful.
Speaker 1: I thought he already resigned. I thought he'd resign, and.
Speaker 3: I actually he didn't, but I sort of thought he is leading leading to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we had that conversation where it just seemed like because he didn't want to do it, I think we all just assumed like he was out, but he's still going.
Speaker 3: I also noticed cornbread was two fifty nine, which seems like a pretty good price.
Speaker 5: Can you use some corn bread right now? Sounds like a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of cornbread.
Speaker 3: And I also noticed the in Dosy's window, all those those those are nicely painted, you know, corn bread two fifty nine signs. I love me the detail.
Speaker 1: He's up all night agonizing over those signs. You know, he is.
Speaker 3: Totally they got to be perfectly perpendicular and whatnot. So then we get to Suki's and she's she's crying. I never noticed until now how bright orange their walls were too. I was like, oh, that's not pleasant, right, And she's crying over the pile.
Speaker 1: And grant.
Speaker 3: Breaking and it was like an old people.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that was during the time.
Speaker 7: Funny, that's how we like, we're so use of social media, but that's how you used to see your headlines. You go to the grocery store, see the front page of magazine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does anyone still subscribe to the magazine? I canceled all mine.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm not magazine. But there's some stuff like La Times where you can't. You can only read like three articles a month and then get to pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of them you have to pay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do any of you still get a magazine delivered to your house? Oh?
Speaker 7: My god?
Speaker 3: The poor magazine industry.
Speaker 1: Walks up to the house in this day and age. We go on, you know, deaf Con three somebody.
Speaker 6: I mean, now I just follow them all on Instagram and get my new news that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Danielle, I want to ask you something, but I think it might be a secret. You know your secret?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can I ask about it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Scott doesn't know about it, but you can.
Speaker 3: You tell Scott before I tell I think I know? Did I tell Scott?
Speaker 1: Do you have a certain glow? Is there a certain glow?
Speaker 3: Is there a certain happening?
Speaker 5: And I have something very much. Oh my god, I love it so much.
Speaker 6: I keep like watching Sukie and I'm like, oh my god, like I get it again.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to ask you. Are you just like having incidents of just crying for no good reason?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not really that emotional. I'm gonna be honest with you. I've been like very like, I'm surprisingly because I heard from so many people that that's a thing that you just get super like you can cry over I don't know, running out of cereal.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You're going to have a boy.
Speaker 5: I'm having a boy.
Speaker 4: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: Scott? Did Scott? Did you? Did we tell you that? Or did you just figure that out?
Speaker 1: Because you're if you're if it's a girl, you're more emotional if you're a boy, and it's actually if it's a boy, it's like, you know, the testosterone that you're getting me is making you happy.
Speaker 6: So it's weird, right because Scott, you're so you're so right because they say with girls you have morning sickness and you're emotional because you have more estrogen, but with boys you are like, don't have the morning sickness and you feel better, and I have totally. I mean, knock on wood, I've been so lucky, I've felt great.
Speaker 3: I don't want to now. I want to see what Suki has to see if it's correct, if you're.
Speaker 1: See Jackie said I had morning sickness and so emotional with a.
Speaker 6: Jackie so our other know you have those outliers too. That just totally contradict the you know, the.
Speaker 3: It's a pregnancy fest here on. I am all in not only a Suki pregnant, Danielle's pregnant, also pregnant, and.
Speaker 1: I just got elected town select. What's going on?
Speaker 3: So I did want to shout out the set because they did do a good job with the set, and that there's kids stuff piled up. It looks like the home of people with a toddler, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: So that was good. And there's lovely blinds in the windows. Okay, Scott, this was my question. I saw people walking by the window. So is that a set that faces out? How does that work?
Speaker 1: It faces out towards the gazebo.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's in front of the house, is.
Speaker 1: You can well? I mean it's a little catty corner so it's like the gazebo is a little bit off to the right with Suki's house.
Speaker 3: So the window does go out.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, we saw that in December when we visited the set.
Speaker 3: It's pretty rad Okay. So then they move into the kitchen and then we get to sort of the meat of this conversation. In the Suki calls Sherry Randy at first, which was she sounds like us getting names all jacked. Who's Kyle? But anyway, uh, and they talk.
Speaker 5: About Kyle the first time we've ever seen him.
Speaker 3: Randy, were like Sherry anyway, So just sort of there, it's sort of Lorelei realizes like, wait a minute, I haven't talked to Christopher. So we kind of get the foreshadowing of like, okay, this is this is gonna happen in this episode. Yea. My only other shout out is like, man, she's got a lot of crap in that window in her kitchen. Oh wow, So any other thoughts, guys.
Speaker 1: No, it's not the same thing. That's a lot of crap in them.
Speaker 3: And she's got her pregnancy cravings. Danielle Anita share she wanted a lot of weird stuff, chocolate, artichoke, heart, bell pepper, taffy, walnuts, hearts of palm.
Speaker 6: Pancakes always sound good, like I'm always down for pancakes. I should have gone to Al's Pancake World. But no, like, seriously like pancakes like they always sound anything anything.
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to have bacon? Yeah, you can bacon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just grind food, just grind food. My wife was just pounding food just like that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Are you hungrier than you used to be?
Speaker 6: Yes? But Scott, I have a question for you because my husband is just so bent out of shape because he's like, I'm gaining more weight than you this pregnancy because he like he swears he has cravings, which he does. Like it's weird, but they say that sometimes the husband can like I don't know, feel it too.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have that?
Speaker 1: I mean I eat a lot anyway.
Speaker 5: Really, she just matched you, She just madged you right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean she was eating the same amount of food I was eating, which is I eat an extraordinary amount of food and I burn it off. But now it's it's getting tall.
Speaker 3: Are you six two No.
Speaker 1: I'm six feet six foot and a half.
Speaker 5: You're taller than that.
Speaker 3: Taller when you were Luke.
Speaker 1: Six. Life has chopped post. I've lost wede and lost lost hair. Oh my god, No, but yeah, I mean, yeah, he's he's having sympathy appetite. Yeah, sure, he wants to eat along with you. He's happy too, He's everybody's getting fat and happy. Man.
Speaker 5: That was good about pancakes and ice cream and cookies.
Speaker 3: All the things.
Speaker 1: When I when I realized when my wife said she's pregnant and that we knew it was a boy, it was just like, there's nothing better.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: You know that you go through your life wondering what the meaning of life is, and this is it? Figured it out? After you have this boy, you'll know what the meaning of life is and how deeply you're capable of loving something, and it's it's.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you can just match the love I have for my dog, I can only imagine it willed that.
Speaker 3: Oh you're gonna name that boy, Dean Jess Logan. I'm just wondering none of the above.
Speaker 4: Do you have a name though?
Speaker 5: No, I don't not yet, all right.
Speaker 3: So keeping us on track here, So we go to the dorm and Rory's reading and pair of of course, attacks her reading speed, which did leave for a funny joke. She's all, if you'd read faster, Paris is fasting for Ramadan. I did notice the sunset very early for thirty one, but maybe accurate for the East coast in November, so good on.
Speaker 5: That's when time changes. And you know when the time changes like.
Speaker 6: That those first two three weeks, like it's lights out by four to forty five.
Speaker 3: Rory's got good hair, good sweater vest, and then we see Marty at the door, so we're sort of like, hmm, what's going on with Marty and Rory in this episode.
Speaker 6: I've said it before and I will say it again. I really wish Marty happened. I know it doesn't happen, but I really wish it happened.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Well, we know it's Logan. We know Logan's you know, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I may have a night of passion and you don't know.
Speaker 5: That, you know what, I hope. So I'm I'm pulling through for so hard right now.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot, and you can tell we'll get to it, but you can tell he likes her.
Speaker 5: Totally.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so uh, I kind of agree.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind a one hookup with.
Speaker 6: Ma I like it because he's like not Logan where he's like the richest, coolest person ever, but he's still at Yale and he's still you know, he like I don't know, I just I like him.
Speaker 4: I don't need them to be in a relationship, maybe just like a fling.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It just feels to me, and come at me for this that the Marty Rory relationship would be very similar to the Dean Rory relationship. Yes, Marty's at Yale and he's very smart and they could have excellent conversations.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you mean.
Speaker 3: It's like not going to give her a challenge that could be a bad thing a good thing.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, well, what do they say? What's the old line about the man should the man should worship the woman and on a pedestal and the woman should admire the band, right for that to work?
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's no truth to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, but I wanted to eat his appetizers and go to the brunch that he was bartending with chocolate fountains, and I sort of assumed it was logans like I sort of are we supposed to assume that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I can see why you thought that though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like it was one of those those guys Colin or Finn or.
Speaker 1: Who I like Marty too. It was good seeing him and I liked him in this episode, and I do wish she would give it a shot. I agree with you, Daniel, because that was as a tough way to be rejected. Just she fell asleep, right, So it was like an unintentional rejection. But that's Marty. That defines Marty.
Speaker 3: It's also sort of sweet that she's so comfortable there, that they're in the bed together. She's very comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's the point. That's why it would last, you know, and that's why she would probably be bored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well then we have one of my favorite scenes. So Loralai is talking to Rory on the phone at Luke's saying she's allowed to go behind the counter and talk on the phone. And for me, I obviously want to talk about the thing, but I just love that she's all, oh, you're all loopholeye and so coffy or whatever. So I just thought the loophole thing and her bragging about the loophole and then really he's like, no, a sack of potatoes could fall on your head. So I just find them to be so enjoyable, even when you were like hey aggressively Hey, like, and it's not like he's so he loves her, right, but Luke isn't like just letting her go behind the counter and talk on the phone all day, like she runs the place. And I sort of like that too.
Speaker 1: Right, those lines were looped. You could tell they.
Speaker 3: Were because the hey was kind of random. Yeah, yeah, they were. The loop lines were looped.
Speaker 1: Yes, not not hers, I don't think hers.
Speaker 3: But hey, your hey did seem and if.
Speaker 1: Hers were loops, she did a much better looping session than I did.
Speaker 3: I just love that she's like, oh, it's like you're wearing his letterman jacket at the Soka and she's I don't know. I just loved the whole thing, right.
Speaker 1: It was a nice, comfortable vibe, you know, relationship y vibe. Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Just I think everyone always wants us to talk about Luke and Laureli more, and my thing is like they're just so pleasant. Now, Yes, this episode we will get into who was right and who was wrong and all that jazz. But they're just so pleasant and likable and perfect and great chemistry that it's like there's no criticism.
Speaker 1: They're just great, and so we can't talk about it unless we criticize. Seems like we should just we should have the ability to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, what does everybody think? How is everyone feeling about Luke and laurel.
Speaker 1: I I think they I think they're a great couple. I think they're really comfortable with each other. I think they're both very happy for the time being. And he's on cloud nine, but he's not letting it show so much. He's playing it cool again. And I think he just feels like his life is where he wants it to be. He's comfortable. This is what he's always wanted. So he's got his diner, he's got his he's got as woman, and and he's happy as a clan. That's as happy as he's gonna he's he can be. And that's pretty good, you know.
Speaker 7: I think for the first time, we're watching and it just feels like so natural, Like Lorelai doesn't seem like forced into not force into a relationship but like it just when they pop up on the screen, you're just like, oh, yeah, they're together. Like it's just nice, happy scenes.
Speaker 1: It feels free and easy, doesn't it. Yeah, there's a breeziness to it, Yes to it.
Speaker 3: It's easiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's really it's unfair to the guest actors that come on, you know, because I have so much more time with her on screen. I have so much more time to get used to her as an actress and work with her and be with her, so of course our scenes are going to be easier and breezier and that kind of thing. So when somebody comes on as a guest star to be the boyfriend or a Scott Cohen or whoever it is, they do a great job. But it's you know, it does it does show that after five seasons. How what an advantage that is for two actors to really because we just sort of have a sixth sense about our timing, you know each other's timing and our you know, how we move within a scene of this kind of thing. So it's it's and plus we've spent all that time on that set and we know where everything is, so it really feels like we're occupying that space and really truly living in that space as if I own it and I know it really well. One of the interesting things about street Car named Desire when it was on Broadway, Marlon Brando insisted on living on that set for three four days, sleeping there, just getting to know it so it would be really familiar to him. And that's what I think. That's the advantage Laura and I had, And that's you know.
Speaker 3: I think on that same tion that really that's very interesting because you're also regularly working with these writers directors scripty number scripty we haven't mentioned script whereas the other person is a newcomer, so you have a comfort level so beyond anyone that has come in to be the boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Right. Plus, I'm here, I am working with this this marvelous actress, right, and there's total trust. We trust each other very much. It's like that, you know, the trust us fall back and I'll catch you. It's like we can go as far out on the on the wire as possible. I mean, I know she's gonna catch me. She knows I'm gonna catch her, so she can just do her thing and she can trust that I'm going to wait, wait, wait til the last minute, boom and I'll be there and vice versa. So it's really it really makes for a very comfortable, easy, relaxed feeling. And that's what I that's one of the scenes I actually did focus on her watch and why that's nice, Yeah, breezy, and it's just well lived scene.
Speaker 3: Yes, I totally agree. So we do get Rory's idea here where she's like, she really wants to get these two back together, Richard and Emily, So she's gonna go with Richard and Laura is going to go with Emily and sort of one on one it and try and start the process of getting them back together. So we kind of get that gist. We then also see t J come come in and his workout gear because he needs to power and did anybody notice he's wearing the soap around his neck. No, guys, you don't have to go back and watch. He's fully like, got soap on a rope around his neck, ready to shower. T J just wins.
Speaker 5: He just wins every time he's on the screen, no question.
Speaker 3: The coffee's bitter, he tells you, your coffee is bitter. Your coffee, how dare he is.
Speaker 1: Take takes a pastry. I'm just.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: And and that's and here's another thing. He wasn't there a lot. And and look how well he uses that space. Yeah, I mean behind, he grabs the coffee, grabs the pastry. It's not easy to do, to talk and to move, and to use props that you're not familiar with, that you haven't lived with. And he's just so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think great.
Speaker 1: I think he's I think he's a genius. I think he's a he's a comedic genius.
Speaker 3: And in the same note, we sort of have a similar I'm sort of comparing Michelle in Essen to TJ in that Michelle sort of steals the scenes. He's in two with his sort of way, you know. So he says, LAURAAI, we need to talk, and the bathroom I'm sorry, the bathroom bandits are here and he you know, so that whole bit. I kind of think it's funny too, and it becomes that running gag throughout the episode.
Speaker 1: M h. We're not seeing a lot of Michelle, No, but I.
Speaker 3: Think he's always amazing in what he's in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's killing It's almost like the cast is so big, Like think about it.
Speaker 3: Friends has six people, right, just six people. The Gilmore cast of regulars is huge.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, it's huge. The regulars are eight nine maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then you have this set.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of recurring characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whereas on Friends, like there you know people recurred like whatever, Paul Rud's in this many episodes or whoever's in this many but it's like here, you've got these people that recurred throughout all seven seasons and into.
Speaker 1: The movies cast of thousands.
Speaker 3: So okay. Then we get Laura Lai calling Christopher and immediately he's freaked out, which I thought was acted well and like true to where how you would be if your kid tells you don't talk to her and you're trying to do what your kid wants and he's just so and then he kind of he's like you see him resisting, resisting, resisting, it's all awkward, and then he sort of just caves, and he's like kind of just caves, and suddenly they're back to talking a bit more normally, and she says come for lunch and he says yes. First question to debate, he have said yes to lunch sure.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, Yeah, there wouldn't have been as rich an episode.
Speaker 6: I think I think, yes, he should have called Rory and just said, hey, your mom wants to get dinner lunch with me.
Speaker 5: You know, I would love.
Speaker 6: For you to be there, you know, like he because he kind of was knew what he was doing. Rory wouldn't like so he didn't say anything to her, right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: And and Rory does call him out at lunch when when he says like, I didn't know, you knew, and you know, like all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And I'm also glad she told Loralai about the conversations. Yeah, I didn't feel like it was in a three S company episode. You know. I always complained about that. It's like, please don't put me in the one with the misunderstanding. It's like, yeah, let me tell these people right away what the heck is going on.
Speaker 1: I feel terrible for Rory.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, Scott, sorry, Tarist, So Scott, I want to dig into that. So Scott Scott said he feels terrible for long too.
Speaker 1: It's like now the chickens are coming home to roost. This is this is why these are the complications from divorce for divorce kids, you know, and this is sort of a light version of extremely light version of what a divorced kid experiences. And it's just it's awful to see Rory in the middle of this and now her her whole psychology and her her emotional life is getting twisted around and wrapped around this, you know, this this situation. And you know, she even imagine going to your dad and saying, stay away from because you I mean, just it's it's really that scene was really like her telling her dad to get out of her life too. I agree, because it's as much she has as much skin in the game, uh, to see her mother happy and to see herself happy, because her mother's happiness is her happiness. And I liked that she was to end Luke and knowing that, you know, she was saying that Luke's a good man, He's good for my mom, you know, and stay away. So in that she's so much like her mother, right, and she sees the value in that. So, you know, we discussed last episode whether she's you know, she's tend trending towards you know, gilmore wealth or or you know what her margin star right stars hollow community and you know, all of the things that make a community function well and tight knit and supporting each other and all those great values and so on the one hand, I was, I was, I was pleasantly surprised by how Rory was, you know, trying to take charge of the situation. It showed growth for me, it showed maturity. She was, you know, trying to sort of, you know, keep her life on a certain path and do what was good for her mother and for herself. At the same time sad that she had to be put in that situation, that she.
Speaker 3: Had to get it painful, and it was painful for Christopher and then ultimately painful for Lorlaia. Before I have another question, Tara, what did you want to say.
Speaker 7: Going back to your question of should he have said yes? I was thinking he only said yes because.
Speaker 4: It was at the inn.
Speaker 3: Oh. Interesting, That's how I took it.
Speaker 7: I took it as because it was at the inn, and it's at her place of work. It's not like he's going over to the house, which I think would have been a completely different situation. And I also think and I totally agree with with what Scott said, but also as someone who I'm not a child of divorce, So maybe I don't understand that part of it. And I was very lucky to have both my parents. I mean, they're still together.
Speaker 4: They just celebrated their thirty eighth anniversary. But I kind of didn't really agree with the way that Rory handled it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna ask you guys that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I I complete, I completely agreed with you until I saw Christopher and Laura I look at each other at lunch, okay, and when they looked at each other, I was like, m Rory has a point, you know, like she does have a point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought the same. I actually even made a note on the phone call. If you watch it back, she's almost flirty with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say, you know, and I want to be very careful how I say this, but Rory knows, does Okay, let me ask you guys, let me let me, let me turn the tableshe.
Speaker 3: I think I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think Rory knows that both her parents are weak? Yeah, in a sense that they can't resist each other.
Speaker 3: Right, It's almost like Rory knows her mother, and that's it's not just Rory knows Christopher that he comes in and screws it up. It's that Rory knows her mother. Now all for good, right, Like these people have this incredible connection, and they have a daughter together, they will always be so connected. But I think, Scott, what you were alluding to and I sort of got like your brainwave is like she knows her mother. So she's sort of trying to stop it from Christopher because Laura, I can't stop herself.
Speaker 1: Because she because maybe Rory knows that Christopher is the weaker one and that he will allow himself to be sucked back in because he's now getting into a situation where he's going to step back in. I mean his his wife has left him right and with the baby and she's gone, and now she knows that Christopher's his default setting is coming back to Laura.
Speaker 3: Well, and I guess the question is I understand why Rory did what she did. I sort of wish there was a better way to handle it, but thought I.
Speaker 1: Thought it showed great presence of mind and great bravery and maturity to go to your other and say I know what you are and I've accepted it, and now I'm making a stand and you're gonna and she's protecting her own mother.
Speaker 3: I thought, what about it takes two to tango. The fault is not all in Christopher, even though Rory essentially is putting all the fault in Christopher.
Speaker 1: So she should go to Laura and say stay away from Christopher or else well, or or else or else. I'm going to get a b I'll show you. I'll got to be in sociology, I'll show you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: I think she should have told Laurai that she had that conversation with her dad, like I think that leaving them both out of it, like you can't talk to Laura, I but Laura has no idea what's happening, and then Laura is left in the middle of just like I.
Speaker 1: But I think if she's she's in a way trying to rebuild trust with her own father by making this demand on him. And if she can trust him with this, if he complies and it goes on for a time, then she will have the power. She's just taking the power away from him, and that.
Speaker 3: Shows the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if she can so if he stays away for a period of time, then she can go back and she can continue to dictate terms, And that shows that that that she now trusts him a little more so she is it's like you're a dog. I got to put you on my leash because my mother won't do it, so I'm taking it.
Speaker 3: But basically it shows she doesn't really trust either of them, not with each other, right Like, because say Christopher would have said, you know what, Rory, like, I love you, I'll always love your mother, but I'm not going to mess up her relationship with Luke. Let's all be a family, you know, in that sense when we when we need to be, your mom and I are connected, Rory would have been like, I don't trust you. Now. How come Lorelai doesn't have the ability to say I can be perfectly capable of a friendship with your father that doesn't cross the wine because she can't.
Speaker 6: And that's why I think actually she's the weaker one versus Christopher. Like Christopher comes in, screws things up, gets out, the circle goes on and on and on, but Laurel is the one that always falls for it every single time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I really I kind of trust Laurela in this one.
Speaker 3: I don't know, already flirting with him on the phone, not that she's like a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.
Speaker 5: But it's like he has a spell over her, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, and let's get to this debate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: So let's debate this before I know we need to go back.
Speaker 1: Because he can get so whiny and so ineffectual. You think that's like a turn on for her. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I think it's just that it was her first love.
Speaker 3: I think charming as heck. You guys, he's charming as heck. So Okay, we still have to dig into the dinner with Richard and Emily, but let's put a pin in that and debate this. Did Laurel Ie the right thing by inviting Christopher to launch number two? Should she have told Luke ahead of time, like what is the right way to be here? And I don't know the answer. Because it is Rory's dad, she needs to be able to communicate with him.
Speaker 1: I don't think that that are Luke and Laurel I at the stage of their relationship where it's so committed and so etched in stone that there's an inevitable engagement where Laurel I feels like she has to ask Luke permission for to see her.
Speaker 3: I don't think she does.
Speaker 5: She doesn't have to ask for permission.
Speaker 6: I think she does, think she needs to give the courteous Hey, by the way, I'm doing this like, you know, but.
Speaker 3: I actually disagree. I'm going to go out on a limb here. I actually think Luke and Laura Lai are so tight and so together. Right, Yes, they went from zero to one hundred, but that's because they had seven years of friendship or whatever, nine years of friendship, whatever it is. I forget the map that Luke should assume Laura Lai will have conversations and times when she sees Rory's father, And I think that is the point why he reiterates it twice. I'm cool with it because they can't exist as a couple if he isn't cool with that.
Speaker 6: I agree with that, but I still go back to it's not permission. It's more like, hey, I'm doing this, you know, like she doesn't need to ask for permission to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Not asking permission directly, just sort of say, you know, to let him know.
Speaker 3: I mean, so, should she have given heads up, like so, say she invites Christopher to lunch, you know.
Speaker 1: What would be, it would be the considerate thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she should have sort of given him heads up. Hey, just so so you know tomorrow, Christopher's coming by the end with Gigi to see it, and you know, we're going to catch up over lunch and you know, talk about Rory.
Speaker 6: And then I don't think if Rory didn't call her out, you know, call her out on it.
Speaker 5: I don't think she would have said anything.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. Yeah, that's where the red flag was in that she was like, first of all, she lied, she says to Rory, Oh, he's fine with it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it took me a second because I was like, did we miss a scene where she like I literally went back and I.
Speaker 6: Say, that's exactly when you found out that Laurai did something wrong.
Speaker 3: You know, like we know it again because she says to Suki. Suki asked her, well, what did Luke say? She lied to her kid, and and sort of they address is there really a weird reason you didn't tell Luke? And it's like, why didn't she tell him?
Speaker 7: I think she's so and this is just in her life in general. I think Laurlai is so afraid of conflict and so she just tries to dodge around all these things so she doesn't have to have these conversations when it was so easy, like Luke was just like okay, Like he didn't push back, he didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: Scott, you tell me how you feel, because I thought on his first okay, it was actually I'm kind of butt hurt by this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The second one at the car, I was like, he's had time to process this, and that one he actually.
Speaker 5: Is okay, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: The first one seemed to me like you said ok because because he's not an asshole. Oh sorry, I love to say that.
Speaker 5: He was like okay, as in I'm digesting this information.
Speaker 6: I don't know how i feel about it yet, love me.
Speaker 5: And then he talks to oh my god, why am I blanking the name TJ TJ? Yeah, he literally almost from Bards.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know from Scott, like how did all of that land on you? How did it land on you? When she tells you after the fact, then you you obviously are kind of something about it. I don't know if you're bothered by it or if you're shuddled by it, or if you're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I think any guy would be we have a little bit of a problem with it.
Speaker 3: And then what do you feel when he says it right? Right, not a huge problem because.
Speaker 1: It's not a huge problem, but it's like almost like, gosh, I wish you would have told me, you know, yeah, because you know he could see he could see her fumbling around and she was getting to something and being awkward, and.
Speaker 5: Because you know, Luke would tell.
Speaker 4: Lorlai, yeah you would.
Speaker 3: I think, yes, he would. I think you're right. I doish, although, but.
Speaker 1: A lot of trust issues being addressed in this episode mother.
Speaker 3: Well, and then Scott, how did you feel at the second time when she gets out of the car and she wants you know, it's very cute you have that very romantic kiss and you can't stay over and she wants you to. They're obviously totally good, right, he knows they're good. They're good, And then he says it again.
Speaker 6: That kiss, by the way, was very That was something I was like, whoa, Okay, guys.
Speaker 1: When the passion is really there, yeah, no, totally agree, Like, you know, when the passion's really there and you're really yearning in the beginning of a relationship or even in the in the first third of your relationship. I mean, when things are still exciting and you're really yearning for that person and thinking about that person all the time. Yeah, there's a little bit of fear that something could derail it, and you're I think a little extra, you know, you're just sort of on watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, any.
Speaker 1: Any sort of normal things. I mean, if there were five years in and hey, you know, if I didn't tell you what I had lunch, you know whatever, it's like, well, big deal. But at the beginning, it's it's a little tough, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I acted appropriately and and and and listen. It's like he had to get that feeling be on a date with her, fall deeper deeper in love, have that time with her to know that things were progressing and even getting better. So he felt relieved, right, So that's why he said, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the right way to say. You could see it in his body language. He felt relieved knowing his date is great, we're good, we're super solid. I'm walking to the car.
Speaker 1: And if he feels a little distance and she's acting funny and she's not herself, then he drops her off and goes, hey, what what's going on, you know, because guys, now you can tell, you can just tell.
Speaker 3: Now before we get to Richard and Emily, which I really wanted to get into, can we please talk about the fakest baby?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, thank god, I'm so happy you brought it up.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 6: Picture you talking about, gig right, Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even almost disturbing.
Speaker 6: There was times where there was not even a rubber baby in.
Speaker 3: The little to see the cheerios, the weird cheers. Oh my god. Okay, first of all, did you guys see so for everyone listening, obviously we all have a group text, right, and it's it's a live it's a strong group.
Speaker 5: TeX's a lie.
Speaker 3: So I was watching this a few nights ago. I like to get ahead, right, and I had to put it into the group text, a photo of the baby. And what did Scott? Right back, Scott, you wrote something so epic. You're like, that's the most frightening thing I've ever seen. Like it was the rubberst rubber baby we've ever seen. It was like, and then did you see the weird hand At one point there's one part where I still think it's a fake baby.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I'm just seeing these screenshots. I didn't I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know if Jackie can pull up the scene with the fakest baby. Then it went real, so it was more jarring because then there's like three shots where it's the real baby, but there's one you guys.
Speaker 8: There's three shots where there's no baby, but there's one other you guys have to watch it, Jackie, I don't mean to like throw you like a curveball the baby.
Speaker 3: You see just the baby arm and it's clearly the rubber baby and the arm. Let me, let me reenact it so you'd be seeing just my weird fake rubber baby head and then you just see an arm. Oh wait, I think I can do like this er er and I'm like and like, no baby, no baby in the history of the universe has ever moved their hand like that.
Speaker 6: It was goble Oh my god. But I just was like, what jarred me the most was the just lack of child.
Speaker 5: In the first show.
Speaker 3: They can afford to build scaffolding that people jump off of with umbrellas, they can't afford to just Okay, first of all, guys, what I want everybody to do is go back and watch is.
Speaker 1: A lifeless looking back of the head.
Speaker 3: It is so bad. And then they're sort of talking and you can tell they've removed the look.
Speaker 1: That look.
Speaker 3: I know they like each other. But then wait for the hand, the fake hand. You guys, everybody has to go rewatch this. We're at twenty two minutes in something like that. Okay, just you can let it roll, Jackie, just let it roll because the fakeness is so strong. Wait till the arm.
Speaker 5: And then for everyone, this is around the twenty two minute mark.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and by the way, okay, first of all, there's just the cher seat with just weird fruits or cheerios. Okay, no baby here comes in Rory, she's all mad that Christopher's there. And then it's a real, real baby. He's a lie and the baby. Okay, guys, what is the time code there?
Speaker 4: No, it moves, oh.
Speaker 5: The heads to a real baby.
Speaker 7: No, there's no ways a fake baby.
Speaker 5: Baby, that's real.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that round is so fake.
Speaker 5: No, that's real.
Speaker 4: No, it's real. The way it's not real turns the way that turns it has to baby.
Speaker 5: No baby, Yeah, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 3: Then there's a different part. There's a different part. Humm, no baby, no baby.
Speaker 1: The rubber baby's head looks larger than the real baby's head. Huh.
Speaker 3: How about just the baby's gone and then Laura's talking to the baby that's not there, So good, Okay, baby's gone. Then there's the Oh my god, you guys, I'm sorry they.
Speaker 4: Made it like a tighter shot. It would have been less of it.
Speaker 3: Well, just why even show that weird part of the the high chair or the high.
Speaker 1: Chair because they didn't have another tighter.
Speaker 3: I still think there's a part where the baby's arm just goes uh whatever. Anyway, that gave me a lot of joy.
Speaker 1: It was still magic.
Speaker 3: How about Rory? So here's my other question. If Loralai called, does that change things versus Christopher calling. She was sort of like stuck on.
Speaker 6: That it changes things for a slight second, Yes, it changes things because he's not the one reaching out to her.
Speaker 5: At least Laureaiz is the one reaching out to him.
Speaker 3: You know, in theory, he's still supposed to say no.
Speaker 4: But I think he respected Rory by not calling Laura. He never called, true, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he cave so fast on that phone call, and it's like it's like he's just so fast.
Speaker 3: He's so fast. He tried so hard for like a full ninety seconds and I.
Speaker 1: Was back in the saddle again. Hey, Laurie, Yeah, I love, Yeah, we'll come by. What I think you should respect my daughter, I don't care who cares. I never.
Speaker 6: What I think he should have done is, hey, Laura, talk to Rory about it.
Speaker 5: If she's into it, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: But remember, Rory doesn't know Laurel I pulled like a trick, well yeah, Christopher and doesn't tell Christopher Rory is coming.
Speaker 6: I know, but Daniel, Christopher should have said that, like on the call when she's like, hey, do you want to do dinner or lunch at the Dragonfly whatever?
Speaker 3: Dad's coming?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I or no, Like when she asked Christopher that, Christopher Shaw said, Hey, why don't you ask Rory?
Speaker 5: If Rory's into it, I'll come.
Speaker 1: You know what, maybe one thing maybe saying here is that maybe it is just you know, Laura, like Gilmore is so charming and so beautiful, it's hard to decline an invitation for.
Speaker 3: Me and he loves her. Okay, So my question for the three of you and we'll all take a vote of the three of them, Laura, l Christopher, Rory, and you can only pick one who was the most sort of wrong Christopher, I disagree. Who do you think, Tara.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Lauralai for not telling Luke?
Speaker 5: Me too, who Christopher?
Speaker 3: See, I think it's Laurai because not only did she not tell Luke, she lied.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the lying part actually mostly then, but.
Speaker 1: Christopher kind of lied against his daughter. He didn't, he didn't uphold his end. He made a bargain with his daughter, true, and he's looking to make excuses for one and that's sort of his his character. His nature is to make excuses for why he does things that go against himself and go against other people's wishes. And I think that really puts him most at fault in my opinion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think they all were a little in the wrong in their own yeah way shape or for him.
Speaker 3: So let's pivot to what I think is the most important thing in this episode, which we'll get into Emily and Richard. So first of all, I'll just I'm gonna give a quick recap of what happens, and then I want to get her own stocks. So it kind of fails the one on one because moral is not good at it. She's like, can you got back together with dad? And she says, I think I need to date. Okay, So initially when she said that, especially for Scott and Danielle, what did you guys.
Speaker 1: Think funny seen on the couch you're a little close? Yeah, it doesn't. You know, we want to get back to Friday night dinners. I think as a as a community of fans, let's get back to Friday night dinners. We got to fix this Richard Emily thing. But is it is entertaining?
Speaker 3: But how do you feel about her wanting to date? Was that like whoa?
Speaker 1: I mean there's a part of me that's yeah, good, go I'm proud of you. Good. Yeah, penal and lot revenge and go.
Speaker 10: See how true I mean the pal thing is kind of your wings and you know, and yeah, I was weirdly, I was weirdly okay with the dating.
Speaker 1: She's so good and she's so likable, even though she can be such a you know, a caution that because when she shows her heart, you really see a beating heart there, right.
Speaker 3: And right right?
Speaker 1: That great and when she got she's so good she's such a good actress, and.
Speaker 3: So I love the scene in her room she's panicking, get over here. And I also love like when she's panicking, she calls Laurai. That's her go to girl. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Her room is a mixed well, she doesn't have anybody else?
Speaker 3: Who else? Friends? She has a million friends. She's got the whole d a R.
Speaker 6: Name one that would come over at the drop of that. No, they're big friends, dude, I don't know what else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friend, she's going on this date with Simon McLean who she used Laura's line, what line hello? So obviously he's got a little crush on Emily. And it's all very sweet.
Speaker 5: It's all very It was a good date, Like it was a great date.
Speaker 3: I would agree I.
Speaker 5: Got on the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a great Emily.
Speaker 1: You have no idea how happy I was when you agreed to go out with me.
Speaker 10: And you said hello at the club, when you said hello to be at.
Speaker 1: The club, and you're making me feel things I haven't felt since college.
Speaker 3: He's you know, he's very charming.
Speaker 5: It's all they like the same things, like until three glasses of wine, until m and a lomon Cello.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's centru. But until, to me, what is the most heart wrenching and the most important scene for me in what is the seven seasons? Like this? Oh? Wowan to me is so important. And I'll tell you guys why when I want to know what you all thought when she walks in the house and shuts the door and starts to cry. So I'll say it's in the top five seven moments for me. And it was a big did you all? Yeah? I want to hear what you guys think before I say till.
Speaker 1: It's great writing. It's great writing. An actor sees that on a page and they're like, oh god, yes, I get to do that. You know, that's the behavior you that's gold and it really shows. It just encapsulates everything the character's feeling. It's brilliant writing. It's brilliant writing.
Speaker 5: It was sad.
Speaker 6: It was definitely sad, devastating. It just I think that's what that scene told me was she's not ready to move on. She's acting and she's putting up a really brave face, but really deep down inside she just wants to be with Richard and she's scared.
Speaker 3: So for me, oh, sorry you go, Tara. I saw Tara open her mouth.
Speaker 7: Oh, I was just going to say. For me, it took me back to the only other time I really remember Emily being vulnerable was when she saw where Rar and Laura grew up, and it was like this, she had this breakdown of like Emily has this front, like she's not gonna let anyone see this side of her. So for us, like the audience, to see this side of her is like such a special moment. But it doesn't happen very often, which is why it's special.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, for me, it's just so extraordinarily relatable, and so I think, like it's so significant, Like it always is like a polaroid picture in my mind, her coming in from that date, and I literally tell friends that are getting divorced because yes, she's older, right, so she's like sixties seventies. But when I tell friends, like, you're gonna go on a date for the first time, but you better watch this episode of Gilmore Girls, because you're gonna come home from the date your first date out right and cry, and it's like it just see, it's so true, and like whether or not this is the beginning for Emily and Richard to be reunited or for other people they go on the date. It's almost like when you get divorced that first date out, make sure it's not the person you actually want to like be with, because it's gonna blow when you get home, you're gonna feel weird. And I thought that was what. She comes home to this empty house. She obviously had a good time, and then it settles in like I don't want any of this. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Just she may she may still want to have a second date and to you know, proceed with the divorce. It's just painful. You know, doesn't mean she wants to she wants it all back. It just means that she's she's in a tough spot in her life.
Speaker 6: You know what I would have loved to see or like like either Richard seeing Emily go about to go on the date or coming home from the date, Like I would have loved to see.
Speaker 3: That, like from the window, right, so they kick in his pants he needs right, Yeah, that one gets me. I have a couple of call outs before we go. Number one, Melissa McCarthy looks amazing and green, like amazing when they're walking and she's in green.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd read that in your book. Luke opening the door of the truck for Loralai Perry sweet and I think there's almost sort of a holding hands. They're just very cute on that date. And then we touched on it briefly. Rory over at Marty's studying, totally comfortable in his bed and he says, so you broke up with your boyfriend and she's asleep.
Speaker 1: I think you're leaving one thing. Yes, that Marty scene was was was great. It was almost his Emily Gilmour and the foyer moment.
Speaker 3: Well, and Christopher Coles.
Speaker 1: But I think enough about Christopher for God's sake, no one important things missing. We're missing the funniest scene in the in the entire episode, which was t J and Luke cutting the pipe.
Speaker 3: Oh and he just loses his.
Speaker 1: And he just what I mean? I laughed out loud. That was the scene that really killed me because t J just picked up a bike of what.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do think there's some significance to the fact that Loralai does not answer Christopher's call and takes the popcorn and goes upstairs.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of did you notice that's a lot of popcorn? Is that a lot of popcorn?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. Fine, it's going to go down. Fine, and then she's going to have the t because there's so much fiber and popcorn.
Speaker 6: All I have to say as we close out this episode is Marty over Logan. No, I am so sorry, Marty over Logan.
Speaker 1: Sorry, not quite there yet.
Speaker 5: Come on, guys, so much more.
Speaker 7: Out o my god, you can't even compare Marty and and Logan.
Speaker 6: If I didn't know anything about the future, which I know Logan is a thing, I would have said, I want Rory to be with Marty.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh gosh, okay, okay, fine, I respect it. No, oh my god, there is Okay. We have to do favorite lines, which this isn't mine, but there was something about the squeaky stairs that made me laugh when he's like, oh you you ordered that in or whatever. But anyway, everyone say their favorite lines. I have to find mine.
Speaker 5: I know I didn't.
Speaker 6: Sorry it didn't come prepared, but I'm just going to go on.
Speaker 1: I just loved.
Speaker 7: Emily and loreleized banter. When she's like I want to go on a date, she's like with a man.
Speaker 3: I also like when Rory is trying to Convince Richard like not everything. It's not permanent, like go blonde, and then he only has Nautella and batteries. Batteries.
Speaker 1: Daniel go ahead.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just gonna say hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say when Laurelai says to her mother sitting on the couch next to her little close in one word, what are we rating this episode? Targehead, I'm going.
Speaker 7: To go with the leftover boxes of food. That's my measuring stick, the one that Marty brings over.
Speaker 3: Orders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm gonna go here's the thing. It's not my favorite episode, but it wasn't bad, so I'm going to give it an eight out of ten.
Speaker 6: Okay, Danielle, I'm going to say eight point eight people magazines, Amy.
Speaker 3: Nine point nine loopholes.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm going to give it. I'm gonna give it nine point eight seventy nine pipe curds.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna go parpeuts. I love it. I mean it just because I think it's so emily centric and powerful to me. I think it's genius. I mean, if a TV show impacts you so much that you've used it as a reference to multiple friends, it deserves a nine point nine.
Speaker 1: Yea, all right, everybody, that's going to wrap it up. Best fans on the planet, Thank you so much for downloading. Keep your cards and letters and emails coming. We we read every single one of them, pro or con. We grow, we learn, we weep, we laugh, and we love you so all the best and always remember I am all In.
Speaker 11: Stay safe, hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com. Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com s C O T T y P dot com scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee