Speaker 1: Once upon a time there was a good old traditional housewife.
Speaker 2: She couldn't.
Speaker 1: She cleaned and cared for her children and the man of the house, and of course she didn't talk back.
Speaker 2: She was both obedient and.
Speaker 3: Soft by nature.
Speaker 2: She was a good woman who always made good choices.
Speaker 4: We're good Mom's bad choices.
Speaker 5: You's single mom who said fuck the patriarchy, shared all their bad choices and.
Speaker 4: Found out they were so bad after all.
Speaker 5: We're experts, overshares and your new besties.
Speaker 4: Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to good Mom's bad choices. I'm Erica and I'm Nila.
Speaker 4: Happy hump Day, bitches, Happy.
Speaker 5: Motherfucking hump Day. It's another wonderful week of good moms, bad motherfucking choices, and happy Valentine's Day. Yes, it's the week of Valentine's Day. And if you are not celebrating love, celebrate love, bitches.
Speaker 4: All we got even if you're single. Celebrate the love of self.
Speaker 5: Celebrate the love that's coming. Yeah, celebrate the love of family. Celebrate the love of girlfriends. More love, more love, more love.
Speaker 6: We're in the student. I called Melave this morning. I was like, bitch, we're pink, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, because I already have an outfit right here. I'm looking at it, but okay, I got it. So here are my pink my pink pants, my pink my professional pink pants. I feel like Oprah.
Speaker 6: You look beautiful, gorgeous, very soft and feminine, lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We have a special guest today, and I'm really excited because we're gonna get straight into it.
Speaker 4: This is a former guest, but it's been.
Speaker 6: A few years since this gentleman has joined us on in the Girl Cave, the Woman Cave, the wild woman Cave.
Speaker 5: This is first time here at this wild woman Cave.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because before I was at the other at the other spot.
Speaker 6: I'm very excited to welcome to the show none other than relationship coach, author, writer, producer mister Marcus Black.
Speaker 5: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 2: So what did you call this the what kind of case?
Speaker 5: Wild woman case?
Speaker 2: I'm built for it, though you ready you made it out before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got four sisters, two daughter's wife, ex wife.
Speaker 5: You've been married twice, you've been initiated. I have a question when you because you know when you ask what is that does the word the term wild woman like make you feel a way. I feel like sometimes men get turned off by the term wild woman.
Speaker 1: I don't it, don't it, don't it, don't budge me. Okay, you know I think wild.
Speaker 2: As in.
Speaker 1: Uncontrolled by men, right, so sounds fair.
Speaker 5: Never put it that way, but I like that control.
Speaker 6: And you know, I mean there's more legs, so that it's not all about we're not we're not centering men in our wildness, right, Like, there's other aspects to our wildness.
Speaker 2: What makes you guys wild?
Speaker 5: I like to think of myself as wild in the sense of like fairal not like incubated. When I think of the opposite of wild, people like why wild, I'm like, why not like free? I think a free primal.
Speaker 2: So not controlled?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not in the zoo.
Speaker 2: What's it? What's your what's your idea.
Speaker 6: Of I think for me, it's just someone that's like authentically themselves no matter what, no matter where what room you enter, whether you know you're in the presence of uh a politician or you're in a presence in the presence of a child, like you are who you are all the time, through and through. There's nothing that tames the spirit of who you are and.
Speaker 5: There's no control, like, there's no there's You're not you're not trying to abide by this invisible outline of what a lady is supposed to be or how you're supposed to be. It's rather to your own, your own standard of living.
Speaker 1: So you like that I said control, You just don't like the by men because you like, like men have nothing to do with this, like they're so far out.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that.
Speaker 4: There's probably an element to that, and I think that there's.
Speaker 6: Like I think that me and Mila have you in our wildness over the years, right, because I think that there's definitely Obviously Mila is a wife, right, so she in in in many spaces and in her life. I've seen her submit to Orlando. So it's not about like not being controlled. I think that word, I mean, it's it's the word is layered, right, So I think that it's not I don't think that as women who are wild, it's there's not a lack of submissiveness that we can possess in partnership with man. It's also like who is the man that's leading us? So I don't mind submitting.
Speaker 7: To a man.
Speaker 4: I don't mind I love it please, for the love of God.
Speaker 2: Submitting I do.
Speaker 5: I'm very right, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I feel like in this season of my life.
Speaker 6: I've been in my relationship for almost two years now, and like the other day I was like cooking lunch for Shakham and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, wow, I've been doing this a lot, and I really enjoy it. I enjoy it.
Speaker 6: I enjoy like making sure like he's taken care of I enjoy you know, I enjoy taking care of him in all ways. So I think for other for other men, though I would have been a lot more resistant, I've been resistant.
Speaker 5: So it's about the men that you choose, I think. And I think that's what pisses me off about like this era of I don't know how you say, like insults or like this love this error of a lot of men, about like when men don't women don't want to submit, and women don't want to be It's like, no, nigga, it's just not to your non man ass, you know, Like no, just not to you who's over there hating hating women out loud on a podcast, you know, Like that irritates me. And for that reason, I was thinking about this recently, like I intentionally use a lot of language that I know is going to irritate or bother a small minded man, you know what I mean. Like sometimes, like I said, wild women, I can tell it like I can start twitching or like ho like I'm a I'm a former hope and like oh, you know, like there's certain words that I know it's going to really they're a basic man, so I use them to see if they're gonna melt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I also want to I also will say as a woman who has had I mean, I guess submission has been a journey for me, and it's I'm still in the journey of it even currently in this relationship. Is like I think a lot of women say, like for the right man, I will submit, but that's not always true because when you find the right man because you've been in the practice of not submitting, there's actually like there's actually like a training that has to happen.
Speaker 5: I'm still in it too, yeah, married, but I'm still actively like I twitch every time you.
Speaker 6: Tell me I get Like Shakam was like, you know, I've been thinking someone the other day. He's like, I'm just contemplating, Like where you submit to me, and like you when we go to the gym, like you submit one, like you're no problem, Like you'll like listen to everything that I say. He's like, with Iri, you've given me a lot of trust. My daughter, you've given me a lot of trust. So there's like a submission there. But in the household, there's a lack of submission that I experienced with both you and your Daughter's very challenging in this house.
Speaker 4: And you know, he was like, you know, we're debating about what why that.
Speaker 5: Could possibly be. Not at the gym, you do it, but he said, he.
Speaker 6: Said, sexually, I submit like in places where I have seen him, like where I know, well, yeah, where I believe or i've seen the proof, I can say no problem, you know.
Speaker 4: And he was talking about the house and I was telling him, well.
Speaker 6: I was like, well, well she cam actually like my baby daddy told me I had I wouldn't submit to him in the house. So it's not like whatever what we were talking about. I was like, it's not that. It's that as a single mom, and I also, no, it's this, it's that a I've never I've never been in that my mom, my grandmother, they're not. I've never seen them submit to a man in the house. My mom and my stepdad's dynamic. She is she runs the ship, she runs the ship. My grandmother runs the ship. I've literally never seen it. I have not experienced it. And then also layering that on to so that was what my baby daddy experienced for me because he would say that all.
Speaker 4: The time, you don't ever let me lead. I was like, well, I don't trust you, and he goes, oh, no, I'm not going to literally lead.
Speaker 6: But now that I'm with a man that I trust, it still shows up. And I think for me now because I've never seen it. But then there's the added layer of being a single mother and having to be the man of the house and having to make sure everything gets done and it's like, if if anything's off, then it's on me. And now having someone come in and like, it's been challenging for me to like, yeah, submit to that. And so I'm still in the practice of learning how to do that. Even though I have a good man, even though I have someone that I can be soft with, I can trust all those things.
Speaker 4: So for the ladies that think, oh, when I find the right man, then I'll submit. No, bitch, you might not.
Speaker 6: You're still gonna need to learn how to do that because it actually feels really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually my latest book that I just put out is called Bulletproof Love, right, and I'm teaching people how to bulletproof your relationship. But and I actually created the whole curriculum. I have a community. It's called Bulletproof University, and I created the first curriculm. Because you know, any any license you go get, right, I don't care if it's a beautician like saying the drivers, Like, any license you go get you have to read something, you have to study it, you have to and you have to pass a test that says you know how to do it.
Speaker 2: But the marriage LI likes is the only license you need.
Speaker 5: To get Crazy that you say that and.
Speaker 2: They give you a license that says you know how to do this.
Speaker 5: You don't know shit.
Speaker 1: You pay two hundred and fifty dollars and you are not clear to ruin your life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so for me, I'm like, I had never seen it either, you know, I had never seen it up close and personal, impersonal, but I had seen it on like because we come from a different era, right, So I saw Cosby Show, I saw First Prince of bel At, I.
Speaker 2: Saw family matters, I saw a step by step you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I saw all different shows, and I'm like, hmmm, So there's a way that this is supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: We just don't know how to do it. You know what I'm saying. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I had no idea how to be a husband. I had no idea how to be a father. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My dad had no idea. You know what I'm saying. His dad had no idea. Where do I get this from?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So we find ourselves going by societal standards or going what we saw our parents do or what our friends said, and you know, we take an input from people who are unsuccessful in the space, you know what I'm saying. So I created the actual curriculum on how to do it. And so I'm teaching people how to bulletproof your relationship so that.
Speaker 2: It's durable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you can interact with you from so you can so you can approach it from a covenant concept and not a contract concept.
Speaker 5: You know and have creed and communication and yeah, and I've never heard anybody put it that blatantly, but it's true. Like me and Orlando did some pre marital divorce proof club before we got married, which I thought was important. But the only time we really see that happen is in like religious form formats like Catholicism and Christianity. There's generally before they are you in a church, you have to go through you know, something with the pastor or something like that, but prior to marriage. But if you're not in those those religious you know spaces, or you don't belong to a church, or you don't opt to do that, generally people are doing it blindsided as fuck, and there's no blueprint and they're just like fuck it. And a lot of times we see it fails, and.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's even it's even whacking the church though, like we're not going to act like the The marriage rate is higher for Christians and Catholics than everybody else.
Speaker 5: I mean, and if it is, it's because they were like I don't want to go to Hell. It's like because they're afraid of the of the like the shame of being divorced, there's like that understanding, not because they're necessarily more happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't even want to get going down that road because I really it really irks me. I really get going down religion. Religion, Yeah, because if you actually read and studied a lot of the things in shoulds that are upheld in the church, these are not the things that Jesus taught or scripture even it's not. And so when I dove in, I begin to do my research and I begin to study, and I begin to actually seek.
Speaker 2: I'm like, y'all said it said. It don't say that.
Speaker 1: It kind of doesn't say that at all, y'all something I was gonna go to hell it is. It doesn't say that either, you know what I'm saying. And it's like so many people have a really bad taste in their mouth regarding true spirituality and truly seeking God because religion has cooked everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. The institution of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it turned everybody off from what the spirit of it truly being love, you know, yeah, loving thy neighbor, simple shit, the basics, basic shit. They've turned into something very.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm curious about the bullet their bulletproof concept of bulletproof in your relationship or your marriage, because I was I was reading this quote on your Instagram and said, anyone can say I love you. Bulletproof love is shown when staying costs you something.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: So love can only be shown after an offense? Right? Love is sacrificial? Right, It's all about.
Speaker 1: I only know somebody loves me by what they're willing to offer you when it's not convenient for them. You know what I'm saying. If what you give me is based off of you, guys are genuinely, generally just just decent human beings, right, So if I ask one of you guys for something and it's not an inconvenience, you'd probably do it.
Speaker 2: Right. Once I ask for something that isn't inconvenience.
Speaker 1: Because the relationship is that we're not best friends, we didn't grow up together, right, then it's like.
Speaker 2: Uh, is he okay? Right?
Speaker 1: So when I'm talking about bulletproof love, man for me.
Speaker 2: This is just for me.
Speaker 1: I can't speak for nobody else in this scenario. I didn't even know my wife truly loved me until I completely failed her and she chose me when I knew she shouldn't have chose me when I knew you very you wouldn't have been wrong.
Speaker 2: For choosing against me, and she chose me and it didn't.
Speaker 1: It was It was eye opening because I think most men we don't. I had never seen unconditional love. I had never seen selfless love. I had never seen anyone, uh choose love or choose their partner. And I'm not talking about from from an emotionally manipulative way.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about from a place of like, uh, from a place of weakness. I'm talking about intentionally, from a place of strength. I'm not talking about I'm gonna choose you because I have no other choice and what else am I gonna do with her? No, I'm gonna choose you because I actually know who you are. I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Was that you just did.
Speaker 1: And I believe that there's more. I believe that you know, you can be strong. I believe in uh, you know what God has has shown me or what I believe I've seen regarding you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. So I'm going to.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna sit back and watch. Let me, see what you do with this, you know? And then for me, no one had to tell me to go to therapy. You know what I'm saying. No one had to tell me to go do the work, you know what I mean. Like, I wanted to be strong. I wanted to be better. I wanted to figure out how to be a good husband. I wanted to heal from childhood trauma. I wanted to heal from certain things that I deal with in my life that was passed down. It's generational trauma, you know what I'm saying. I never even seen it, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Things that I met my biological father when I was twenty seven years old, right, and when I met I was like, wow, I walk like him, you know what I'm saying. We built the same But then there's certain things that he struggles with in his life, and I'm like, how do I struggle with the same thing?
Speaker 2: And I didn't grow up in the same house with you. A genetics boom.
Speaker 1: It's certain, it's spiritual. Certain things has passed down through the blood. So I wanted to do the work to health from those things and break some of those generational curses in my family.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so that's that's that's where I was coming from.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you a question. Do you feel like you had that desire to heal, to seek therapy, to be this better version of yourself prior to her choosing you when she shouldn't have or could have or could have opted to do something different. Because when you said that, initially.
Speaker 2: I saw your face.
Speaker 5: I was like, I think there's this understand I think it's just a slippery a slippery slope, because I think for black women there's this there's this understanding like, yes, marriage and partnership are difficult, and there's going to be things that you don't like and there's going to be things you have to get past. But I don't think that love should be like this struggle love, And I don't think that's a narrative that we should go on. And I'm not saying you're saying this was just this isolated event. She knew who you were and she chose you, which you know that happened. Sometimes niggas fuck up, we fuck up, we're human. But I feel like sometimes it's you know, women specifically, because there's also this idea that like, let's just say for infidelity, for instance, because that's something that happens often in relationships that we hear is may be unforgivable or there's a riff that you can't come back from. Women are like, I'm going to give him more chance. This isn't a man's nature, Da da da da, And then like with men, it doesn't, it's not reciprocated if that is maybe the same break in the relationship. And so I feel like when we say this to women about coming back from things that are fucked up, it's it's a slippery slope because sometimes you see a bitch or I mean, I say, bitch, go back and go back and go back and go back and get hurt and get hurt and get hurt until there's nothing left and then they hate man. And then as always, it's this whole cycle of things. So I'm just wondering if, like, did you have that that seed planted in you prior to her, to her, to you feeling unconditionally loved by her.
Speaker 1: So I'm somebody who I've always wanted to be the best version of myself, you know what I'm saying. I think as you get older, there's certain things that you find about yourself that you didn't know were there? You know, when you talk about infidelity, which is you know, because it's because of TV, because.
Speaker 7: Of Love and Hip Hop, there was this narrative. I believe that like.
Speaker 2: Marcaus was just this woman eyes and just it was never the K guy. I'd be like, hey, it's TV. You know what I'm saying, What's what?
Speaker 1: When we talked about earlier, I'm like, hey, I think people negate the fact that hey, this is a full production, this is a TV show.
Speaker 2: We showed up, there's camera. Somebody said action, this entertainment ed.
Speaker 4: So I didn't. I don't even watch. I don't even know if I know what happened. But would they make you? Did they make Did you know they were going to put you in that light?
Speaker 6: Or there's certain things or was it just more exaggerated than it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of it is exaggerated. And then there's a lot of people. Right I was on Love and Hip Hop Hollywood in two thousand and sixteen seventeen. There's people who look at us today in two thousand and six and they.
Speaker 4: Like twenty six.
Speaker 2: Revers time machine now.
Speaker 1: But there's people who see me what I'm doing now they be like, why would we take advice from you? Like, then you change up. I'm like, yo, y'all, really, first of all, it's TV, But let's say let's say what y'all saw was real. Y'all haven't seen you haven't seen me in ten years, and this is your this is what you think.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying to answer your question.
Speaker 1: Though I absolutely have always achieved to be the best version of myself in my past, I never struggled with in fidelity, you know what I'm saying. That was not something that I struggle with. It's still not something I struggle with. It was a It was a moment where I was like, hmm, I haven't been here before. You know what I'm saying. You kind of just look up and you're in a situation. You haven't been taught how to handle these situations. You haven't been like I stayed ten told down stairs I was I wasn't wrong for how I felt. I was wrong for how I handled my feelings, you know what I mean, and how I went about it and not feeling not knowing how to ext you know, like, transparency is so important in a relationship, you know what I mean? Not just honesty, but transparency. And my relationship with my wife is so amazing because there's full transparency. You know what I'm saying, It's real partnership.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My wife is my best friend. There's nothing I don't talk to her about.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I was talking about homie the other day and I'm like, look, it's easy to come talk to your wife or your girl about how you're feeling. It's gonna be much more difficult to have a conversation and her about well, this is what I did as a result of that. Now, now, now you left her in a dark about so much. So it's like life still life, and you still feel certain things. But as I as I feel something now it's like, my wife's not even the blind about this, like, oh, what's I was feeling like this?
Speaker 2: So I saw this, So I'm dealing with this.
Speaker 1: So this is how I'm feeling the day or and there's transparency and she can help me through these feelings and vice versa, you know what I'm saying. So that situation is the first time, the first thing that put a highlight over who I was in that moment where I was lost, what the root of it was, like what caused me to do this? Like I'm a very I've always been a very honest person. I'm a very transparent person naturally, Like even what you want to.
Speaker 2: Talk, we can talk about whatever, Like I don't really triplef. I'm not that.
Speaker 1: I don't do no hiding right, So, and that moment, I'm like, hmm, how did like where did this come from? You know what I'm saying too.
Speaker 2: I actually always thought that even if I was to.
Speaker 1: Do something wrong like that, I would be very transparent that I did it.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I wasn't transparent about anything. I'm like, how did I become? Where has come from? Where is this?
Speaker 1: And so it sent me down the road of trying to do the work and go to therapy and unpack certain things and you know, get in my word and see God and just try to try to break down like what is the what's the root?
Speaker 2: What's the foundation of these things? You know?
Speaker 6: Was that situation that that moment where your wife could have chose otherwise and she chose you? And so just curious because I think that as women, when we hear stories like this, like Mila said, we hear women that are like, have been with men that have been have had you say you didn't struggle with in fidelity, but maybe they've been in a relationship where like their partner has had infidelity and then they keep going back because their partner says.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna be better, I'm gonna do better. I've been that woman.
Speaker 6: I'm just curious from a man's perspective, what are signs that women who are in those relationships that are in the process of giving their man and maybe the first chance, Like, how do you know you're like, this is a good investment? How do you know, like, what are the signs that a woman can look at in her man and say, Okay, I'm willing to take this chance because I believe in you, Like, what are what are those signs that they can look for Because I think a lot of times as women like we're just like going off trust and trust trust trust has already been broken exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like, so I think I think you can't go off of potentially you have to go off trajectory, right, you have to go off of Okay, how is this person moving?
Speaker 2: Like how you do one thing is how you do everything? Right? So when you're dealing with somebody of.
Speaker 1: Character, if you're dealing with somebody who is honest, if you're dealing with somebody who like when I look at how you handle things, I can tell whether this was a mistake, Like this is a glitch in a make This is a glitch right here, right If this is who you are, it's just who you are, you know what I'm saying. So for a woman that said, I would never tell a woman to continue to go back or you know, I think emotional manipulation is an emotional trauma is just as toxic and dangerous as physical trauma, you know what I'm saying. So, well, yeah, sometimes it can be more, you know, So I would I would say that it's important to step back and look at who this person is, you know what I mean. Again, I'm not somebody who ever struggled in this area, you know what I'm saying. I've never been this undisciplined. Wow, dick nigga out here, just that's never been my move, never been my move, right, So something happened here, you know what I'm saying, and I missed it. And also anybody who was around me in that season, you know it bothered me more than it bothered her.
Speaker 2: It could like it.
Speaker 1: It's one thing when you when you just slip up and you make a mistake when you're making offense, right, But when you hurt the person you.
Speaker 2: Love, you should be hurt. You shouldn't be okay, right, And that's a that's a that's another major sign.
Speaker 1: Right, Like if if you hurt your partner and they're not and you're devastating, they're not devastating. Something's wrong here and you're hurt and they're not hurt, and they just think, oh, well, you know, it's not that big of stuff, Like it's not that big of a deal where you know you need to like the get over it language where you still you still tripping off of that. These are all no, no, no, no, no, no, this is this is this is not the one We gotta deal with this because I think whenever in any relationship, a business relationship or marriage or friendship, you know, we come together and we like, okay, we're having a we're coming together to do this. You guys have a business relationship, right, good mind's bad choices, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You guys are full out business parts, right, So if somebody goes and makes a move outside of what you guys agreed on, it doesn't mean you throw it away, but we definitely have to sit back and be like, Okay, what was that?
Speaker 2: What's going on? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If this is who the person is and you just hadn't called on to it, or maybe you thought they weren't gonna do that to you, well maybe it's time to like, you might want to step away from that situation if it doesn't work for you and that's who they are.
Speaker 2: But if it's just a season and they just y'all never we've been working together for years, I've never seen you do nothing like that. What made you do this? Ah?
Speaker 1: Well, I was dealing with this and then this happened, and I was afraid about this, and I just did this and I apologize, like I don't plan on ever doing that again. This is the language that makes you want to be like, okay, so you understand that this is not okay, right, Because if you don't understand it's not okay, then well we're probably gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We'll probably be here again.
Speaker 1: Six months, a year, six weeks, whatever, six years. So I think for me, I was. I couldn't believe. I was disgusted with myself, Like, Yo, that's what we're on, nigga, that's what we.
Speaker 2: At like because I felt cowardly and.
Speaker 5: It also happened to just be on TV in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: It wasn't on TV. That's part.
Speaker 1: That's what the stuff that people seen on TV. It wasn't that was TV when I really made it, made the bad turn.
Speaker 2: No one's seen it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't believe it because I felt I felt cowardly.
Speaker 2: I felt more cowardly that.
Speaker 1: I allowed it to make it back to my wife without and it didn't come for me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I felt like a bitch, go ahead.
Speaker 5: That's something I think that people like people, what like when in times am I in? Like when in a certain maturity where people did stuff to trespass my trust or cheated or lied. My biggest thing is because I'm very much who I am. Was like, listen, this is a youth thing. Because you don't like yourself enough to be honest about what you've done. You don't like you or else you would have been fine saying hey, I don't want to really be in this relationship. So when you when you realize it like that, it's like if someone's apologetic, it's because they really dislike this thing that they did. But if they were so hard to hide it, it's like they don't really like who they actually are. Who you say you are and who you present as is not who you actually are. And that's where it gets tricky. It's like, say, be who you are or else you are, Like I think if you don't, if you don't feel bad about it, it's because you like to be. You like to show up as something that you actually are not. And that's what I don't fuck with. It's not generally about like the cheating or line. It's like, nigga, you told me you wanted to be in a committed relationship, you told me you wanted to be monogamous. We could have did some whole other, total other shit because I got some host too. But that's the thing is, niggas don't really generally want you to be on your own shit too. You would rather you do your own shit and me pretend and me not know what the fuck is going on so that you don't have to accept the same behavior. And I think That's what bothers me a lot about men is like the behavior that they generally do in secret. It's in secret because they wouldn't be able to handle it if their partner did it to them. And to me, that's some bitch ass shit. If you respect me as a friend, if you respect me as an adult and as a human, you're gonna be honest about what you're doing so that we can be on the same page. And if I so choose to, you know, either take it. I might go have a side piece too. But if you can't handle it, that lets me know that you don't like yourself because you don't want to see yourself and me. You don't want to see me display the same behaviors. And a lot of men are going to argue and say, well, my woman, I want to have a couple of women, and you will just my woman. You hear all the time, right, like men have women and then like but their women Neo, that's the only thing I could think of. But to me, like that in itself is an example of a man who doesn't really like the behavior and what she's displaying. Can't handle it in your partner, then you probably don't like the behavior in yourself, but you don't have the balls enough to say that.
Speaker 2: To me, I think it's I think it's a little more layered than that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If Neo doesn't like the behavior in himself, I think that he's benefiting from it.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, men benefit from it. But I'm saying is like, well, he's getting everything he wants, of course, because the women are like, I don't need any of the manner. Whatever the fuck they'd be saying. I don't get it. Seems delusional to me, and I do think it's layered.
Speaker 6: I think that there's like a lot of conditioning. I think there's like there is there's religion, there's just all the things that how a woman is supposed to show up, how wife is suppsed to show up, how valuableom' is suposed to show up, how Puss's supposed to show up?
Speaker 5: But what about equal rights?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 2: Why do you look like that? What?
Speaker 4: Let's ask the man.
Speaker 2: What about equal rights?
Speaker 5: I just feel like equal, I don't.
Speaker 2: I hate the word equal, by the way, don't.
Speaker 4: Why do you hate the word equal?
Speaker 2: Because what's equal? What is that?
Speaker 5: I think about humanity?
Speaker 4: Balance?
Speaker 2: There's nothing, there's there's nothing equal.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like if you I'm gonna pick like if if you look at the animal kingdom, right, nothing is equal in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 2: Right. If we look at.
Speaker 1: Men and it's like all men are not created equal, all women are not created equal.
Speaker 2: What is this equal stuff? Because everyone's not equal? You get what you go?
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 5: I think from God's perspective, he creates us equally. Baby is a baby, is a baby is a baby?
Speaker 2: This is see this is where.
Speaker 5: Environment then gives us what we believe is what is either environment in society then gives us value. So from a from a divine perspective, as I create the tree, and I create the lion, and I create Marcus Black, they are all equally my creations in which I love unconditionally. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but God has favorites.
Speaker 4: And so like I don't know if God has favorites.
Speaker 5: Is that in the Bible? Absolutely, there's no question, like Mark John and well Jacob, well.
Speaker 1: Well we can we can go into somebody like right where in scripture God refers to like this is my friend, Like I speak to him face to face, mouth to mouth, like y'all think y'all can play with somebody who I consider a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: He's close to me.
Speaker 1: Like when you talk about King David, who a great man of guy, but King David made a mess. King David made the biggest mess. God loved David. This is he called David a man after his own heart. Even when you talk about Jacob and Esau being born, said Jacob, I love.
Speaker 2: And and and and and and not.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean in the sense of like he doesn't love Esau, but Jacob I have.
Speaker 5: Favor You know what, Jacob has more faith than Jacob talks to me more often.
Speaker 1: It lands how it lands. It's kind of like when you talk about the idea of luck.
Speaker 6: Right, but we're also talking about the imperfections of man. Right, So of course, like if if Esau has has funck sh up or he's terrible birth, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't understand. I thought that God just loved his people that he created.
Speaker 1: God loves everybody, but levels so unjust like I don't Jesus had favorites.
Speaker 2: Like there's a reason.
Speaker 5: Jesus was a man. He was a human.
Speaker 2: Jesus was all man and all God.
Speaker 5: Research this morning, I don't know, but stuff with you're gonna stud me with the Bible school.
Speaker 4: Second, let me Bible, so so for.
Speaker 1: Me, so much of our how society is ran it is pulled from Bible. Right, Like when we talk about yes, absolutely manipulad you know what I'm saying. But I'm just talking about it's important for us to know what Scripture says, right, because the moment we start talking about, well this is right and this is wrong, what makes it right and what makes it wrong? Where do we get this moral compass from right? If we get the moral compass from God, then there's a who gave us the moral compass.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So much of the world still operates off the teen Commandments, right, and.
Speaker 5: So it does it because did thou not shall kill their neighbor? I mean, I think it just gets it gets, It gets very muddy, right because I mean, I'm not I've read the Bible a long time ago, not anytime recently. I'm not gonna front, but did you read it the whole thing? We went through every chapter in Catholic school. Yes, I wasn't either, but that was.
Speaker 4: A Catholic school too. I'm like, you read that whole point.
Speaker 5: We had religion, But but this is where it gets tricky to me, and I know this is probably gonna get too deep, But even right now in present time, when we talk about God's favorites or God's chosen people, you see what that what happens when we put favoritism or hierarchy on humans, people then think it's justified to murder and kill and genocide and take land and kill babies. And then that's not really on a moral compass, is.
Speaker 1: People People don't read the Bible in context, right like, even when I won't even go over there to that topic, but even when I like, when you talk about the chosen people, it's not talking about that land, you know what I'm saying, It's not talking about the people who have currently occupied that land.
Speaker 2: It was It's a.
Speaker 1: Lineage, and you're either a part of that lineage or not.
Speaker 2: And and and when and when.
Speaker 1: He chose those people. He didn't choose these people because they're just these are good or it's just better than everybody. He chose to reveal himself through these through this lineage. So when you talk about Holy annoyed, it just means it just means set apart these people.
Speaker 2: I took this and I'm saying, set apart to the side. You know what I mean. It doesn't mean better than everybody. It's just chosen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like when the idea of luck right, luck finds who it wants right, Like if you hit a jackpot, did you do to deserve the jackpipe? When somebody has a lottery for five hundred million dollars? What did you do to deserve that? Just it's just landing on you, you know what I'm saying. And that's how God's favor works. God's favor God chooses.
Speaker 2: Who he wants. God picks who he wants.
Speaker 1: He loves everyone, but he has he has favorites, you know what I mean. It's just if you if you have cousins, then you probably have you might have a favorite cousin, you know what I'm saying. You have siblings, you might have a favorite sibling. You know what I'm saying, a lot of people don't want to have this conversation, But if you have multiple children, a lot of time you have a favorite child.
Speaker 6: Talking about hum men, we're talking about humans, human to human, human to human.
Speaker 5: But I was just saying that all that to say back to the equal rights of relationships. It's just that I think that men have used the patriarchy and religion sometimes to place a burden or a struggle on women that they have to endure. They have to endure a certain amount of maybe infidelity or dishonesty in the realm of sex or sexual relationships, because that is in a man's nature. But no, it's not in your nature because you have a vagina and you're my wife, and if you do that what I did, then it's definitely over and I'm definitely gonna My love then is conditional and I no longer love you. But for me, this is my nature because I have a penis and God gave it to me and he said, soil your royal oaths or whatever God said. You know, but you know that that is where I think I get it.
Speaker 1: Gets Yeah, but it's you have people in power saying things that God never said.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, No one's doing the research.
Speaker 2: God never.
Speaker 1: There's nowhere in the Bible what God gives men the past to be sexually irresponsible. You know what I'm saying. Actually, when you go to scripture and people, a lot of people like to point out, well, this man was polygamist and this person was Polygamon. It's and it's like, you can't show me one time in a Bible where there's a partly relationship and it went well.
Speaker 2: It never goes well.
Speaker 1: It went back every single time, whether where the God condemned the person in that season or not.
Speaker 2: That's another conversation.
Speaker 1: And also there's certain things that's permissible on one season that's not permissible in another season. When God's goal is to populate the earth and build certain things.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're not This is not five thousand years ago. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We don't need to populate ship No populated.
Speaker 2: Men don't have the right to just like Lit's cheating is wrong. I don't care who you cheating on.
Speaker 5: You should not lie.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't say that, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: That's not a commandment really.
Speaker 1: But but but this is a this is a misconception. This is why our society is a mess, because we run around saying things. You have pastors, you have moms, you have people saying what the Bible says that it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Say that, and nowhere went to go check and nother one and so it's like it's too big. She's right, she said I.
Speaker 1: I was so annoyed when I dove into it and I was like, wow, y'all said this and it don't say that, and it's so off right.
Speaker 2: And then also like I.
Speaker 1: Was in a conversation, now this is this just to just to give you a different perspective. I was in a conversation in the barber shopping. The guy was looking at me like crazy. It was like some Marcus, So if you're if your wife cheating on you, what you doing?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I said, I pray I never have to see that day. Right.
Speaker 1: But I was like, going back to what I was saying, either we or earlier we go off of off of pattern.
Speaker 2: My wife has never ever been quote unquote promiscuous.
Speaker 1: What society said calls it right, She's never been out there, she's n it's never been her. If she becomes something today that she wasn't, I was zooming and be like, okay, what's that.
Speaker 2: That's one two. This is my wife. This is my wife, Like we're together every day.
Speaker 1: If somehow she can meet a man, he can court her, woo her, whatever her enough to be able to get them draws.
Speaker 2: And I missed the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That that means there's there's been some level of abandonment on my end in disconnection. You know what I'm saying, There's no way somebody can get that in I'm two hands on, I'm too.
Speaker 2: Away, I'm too tapped into.
Speaker 6: Do you think that that same concept can be flipped as far as we like for a woman, like if her man cheated, is that does she need to analyze that concept as well?
Speaker 4: Like if my man had time to go court a woman.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously it's different, right because I think men and they're there, their relation to sex or intimacy is different than a woman's relation to sex or intimacy. But I'm just curious, does that does that go both ways? Because when I asked you originally was like, what what are the green flags?
Speaker 4: And cheating?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, what are the green flags? That's what green flags?
Speaker 6: But like I mean, like, if you're gonna stay, you're gonna work it out, what are the green flags in your partner that you're like, Okay, I'm gonna work it out because these are the things that I'm willing to analyze and view about my partner and say, okay, But this is an isolated situation. Historically, you haven't done this. Number one is what I think is and number two, now, what you're saying on your side is shit. Where am I lacking here? Where am I laking?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Does does that also go on?
Speaker 2: On the woman side? Is different?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: And going back to this is why I believe that double standards are beautiful and I think it's important to understand that we're not equal. Right, so, most women, I will never make a blank I don't like blanket statements. I'm not gonna speak for all women. Most women who are loved properly by their man, they typically don't have eyes for other men most right now, men, you can have the most amazing wife and she do everything perfect and the eyes will still move you and you have to check it right. So as a as a as a as a man, I will look at my wife, who I know this is, this is this is not her nature to just that's not what she's on. She's wrong, absolutely, But it's like, how do we get here? And how did I miss it? There's no way I miss it if I'm intentional and I'm and I'm hands on and I'm and I'm in there and I'm.
Speaker 2: Present in my relationship. There's no way I miss something like that. There's no way. She's probably been talking to me about things that's bothering her and I brushed it off.
Speaker 1: She felt ignored, she felt unseen, she felt unheard. Maybe she didn't feel beautiful. Maybe she didn't. Maybe she's not.
Speaker 2: She's she missed a lot.
Speaker 1: And and even still my wife is very, very bold, like she'll just be like, yeah, nah, you know what I'm saying before she just goes and go does it and does something else.
Speaker 2: That's just who she is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: As a man, because it is more in our nature and all that I can. I can when I tell you, I can open up the Bible and walk everything that we're talking about. I can pinpoint to you where this come from, how this happened, why it happened, and why you feel how you feel. I can literally it will take another episode, but I can literally walk it down. So when you just that, just that just threw me over.
Speaker 2: Look, I got add Well, I just said we were just.
Speaker 5: Talking about.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: If you would take her back if she cheated up?
Speaker 2: No, So because of the nature, right, men will go out of their way.
Speaker 1: To hide it you know what I'm saying, men will duck more because it's like you just want to get that off, like there was nothing wrong. You just wanted to go get that off, like it doesn't have to be something wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that's wrong. I'm not saying you're not wrong. Women, it takes a lot more, I think, especially as of a certain age, to act on intimacy when you're in love.
Speaker 6: I just had a high thought immediately, the high thought, and niggas, I'm not gonna like this, maybe they will.
Speaker 4: I think that from all the data that you've.
Speaker 6: Just shared, data, all the information I've been hearing that if a woman cheats, she needs a lot more like she deserves a pass. I feel like if a woman cheats, she deserves a past number one. All nigga to get cheating women a past number one. I just feel like, I mean, because generally, if you're cheating, I think it's you're right, Because I mean, I can only speak for myself and I can speak for like the data that I've done amongst my friends that generally, if a woman is cheating, it is because there is something lacking in her partnership that she has been ignored and has tried to express herself and it has gone on deaf fears. It's usually not just because they're the fine. Like maybe when I was like eighteen, and I would just like I just wanted to try things and really in love. Yeah, like when you're like when you're when you're older, I would say that there's like a little more substance. However, trauma still shows up and the need for attention and all those things are still present. So let's not ignore those things. But I would say generally it is because there's something lacking. And so basically my high thought is it's your fault.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's toxic.
Speaker 5: You know what I asked Orlando recently, I was like, if I cheated on you, I asked recently, if I cheated on you, would you be more mad? I said, would you be more mad if it was like a one off that lasted like six months, or would you be mad if it were you be more mad if you found out it was multiple people? And he said, he said, if it was multiple people, I knew it was a youth thing. And if it was one off, I you know, one person for for long like a period of time, it's a s problem. I think that's like, that's true, that's a good questions.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's strong. You know.
Speaker 1: Also, I actually will be far more bothered about my wife Pillow talking with a man about my business and mentioning me to another man that actually being intimate, because.
Speaker 5: It's a respect and a privacy thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like that that way is gonna make me want to smoke everything.
Speaker 5: Because now you're you're confiding in somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, like me trying to make me seem weaker in front of another man.
Speaker 2: That's making man crash. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you want to get your little box away, go and get your little box away, and that's your's.
Speaker 5: Your box, your little box away. I have a question.
Speaker 4: We have some questions. I know we don't want to ask.
Speaker 6: We don't have a lot of time, so I would love to get into We asked our Discord shout out to our Discord community. If you haven't joined our Discord community, make sure you come join our private community where we be chatting it up and our girls be chatting it up. It'd be lating there. There's there's different channels. There's a girl guest what channel where you go and you share just exciting news. There's the titty channel.
Speaker 5: What does it know?
Speaker 6: The only XX channel where all women and we share our nudes because sometimes we just need to share our nudes and not with men. But was wondering to like, hey, should I send this to this nigga or not? Or I felt sexy today? Like make give me some look, give me some love.
Speaker 4: You're coughing right in the mic, fucking Lizzie. Jeff shout out to Lizzie, make sure you join our discord. You have to join our patreons.
Speaker 6: Make sure you go to patreon dot com slash Good Mom's Bad Choices and you get all of our episodes early and you get access to our discord community.
Speaker 5: But we're doing a lot of talking in there. So these questions. A couple of these questions come from Miss Toya. Shout out to Miss Toya, came on a retreat this last year, who was right here in La Hey, Carol, she said, this is a good one. What what a what lie about masculinity almost costs you love?
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: So in my in my in my book Bulletproof Love, I talk about an experience I have with I had with my pops. My pops that raised me and based off his trump like he was trying to help me, but his trauma projecting. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He was trying to help me, but it didn't work.
Speaker 1: So basically he told me, if you want to have a successful relationship, not verbating, but this is what he was saying, if you want to have a successful relationship, you keep your woman out your business. And I took that with me and I did that and it almost cost me everything. You know what I'm saying. It actually had me moving in silence like that was the masculine thing to do. And you know, when I dove in, and I really understood when I dove in the scripture. I understood because when you talk about marriage like marriage was created by God. You have the institution of marriage that was created by that turned it into a business.
Speaker 2: But it was created by God.
Speaker 1: So when you see how he created it, it's like, if my wife is my helper, if she's my asset, how can she help me if I'm keeping her out of my business?
Speaker 2: This is like completely illogical.
Speaker 1: I have a business partner, and if you want to have a successful business, keep your business partner out your Yeah, like how and it cooked me and it's a lot of rewiring.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's one of them for sure.
Speaker 5: What does emotional safety look like from a man's perspective? How can women provide emotional safety for a man?
Speaker 2: It looks like creating an environment.
Speaker 1: Where I feel safe enough to communicate my thoughts and my truths to you without me feeling judged, without me feeling ridiculed, without me having to pay for it later, you know, without you bringing it up and to weaponize my truth and using it against me when it's convenient.
Speaker 2: Or when you're hurt. Right.
Speaker 1: One of the one of one of my favorite attributes about my wife as a wife is I can have a conversation with her. I can tell her what my thoughts are, what I'm dealing with her when I'm going to She's not gonna make it about her. She's not gonna like, she's not going to use it and be like, oh, I need to put my guard up now because no, no, no.
Speaker 2: She's gonna Okay, Well, how are you feeling well? What do you want to do about that? You know what I'm saying? Or do you need my help?
Speaker 1: Or because there's times when I'm just venting to my wife and I don't need help. I'm just kind of need to put this here. And there's other times, like there's certain time when I'll tell my wife I separate, I want to talk right now, I'm talking to my friend. I need my friend right now. My friend is just I just need to listen to here. When I'm talking to my wife, I need solution, I need my helper, right So being able to separate the two, but yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that's great advice, like the separating because I think as people just in relation with people, not even just in marriage, but in friendship.
Speaker 4: Like the other day, was having a conversation with my friend.
Speaker 6: And he was calling a check on me about something and he was immediately giving me advice and I was like, hey, I really I don't need advice, but I want to talk to you, so if you can just listen and we can just talk in that way, and he was like, okay, cool. But I think we often like people know that people at this point in like listening to podcasts, you listen to enough Enough wellness podcast, you listen to enough like you know that you know these things are you can do them. But it's a matter of feeling brave enough to say to they're like, hey, I need you to be my friend right now.
Speaker 2: It's really important and in practice of it too, so.
Speaker 6: It doesn't feel like and bringing that into your relationship is transformational, I'm sure because your wife is able to really like know really how to support you, and that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So yeah, in all relationships, right, I have two beautiful little girls. My oldest I'll be fifteen in two months, and my baby girl is six. And you know, as a man, you have to be very intentional will creating safety for your little girls, because there's a fine balance between being the friend and being the father, you know what I mean. But if I want, like my oldest, like she's in high school now right, if I want to be on the end, I have to I have to create a pattern, you know what I mean of her knowing she can come tell me something without being done.
Speaker 2: I don't care what she tell me. Okay, there might now now I'll let her know.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be certain times why I might let you know, Okay that's a little disappointing. Why because I know you can do better, you know what I'm saying. But you're not going to be judged. I'm not going to use it against you. I'm not going to vilify you and act like you're the worst person in the world. You didn't do something today that I've never done or your mama never done, and no one has ever done before. So I think creating safety is in any relationship. Who wants to share with somebody who's going to judge them, Well.
Speaker 4: People don't even realize they're doing it, you know.
Speaker 6: Like I've had to really work on how I ask questions and like leading with a lot more hows and what than I think or what do you like? Maybe you should or you know, because we think that we're we I think some people genuinely that's how they feel like they're presenting themselves. And then that's kind of the disruption in the relationship and it's actually like two people that really actually want to show up for one another, but they don't they don't know how to ask questions. I feel like that's a lot of I feel like when I what I hear from men a lot is like the emotional safety that they want from women is exactly what you just said, is the just like the listening ear because as women, we want to nurture, we want to fix, we want to improve, and sometimes I feel like that is often like the communication break between men and women is that it's that simple thing because we actually want the same things. Like when we think about it, right, we just we want to communicate, we want to we want to build, we want to we want to play our roles. So it's like about knowing when to play that role and which role we're playing, and being able to ask for that role to show up and.
Speaker 2: Go what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You have to know I have to be intentional about being like, oh no, I actually don't need my wife right now. I just need my friend and tell her how I need her to show up. That comes with awareness, though, you have to be able to know what you need and don't. I don't need I don't need my fire, I don't need big dog right now. I don't need my dog to come. Listen to what I'm what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She and she's really good about that, you know, super good about that.
Speaker 5: And it's important to be like, like you said, self aware because a lot of times we're just saying things we're making it someone else's issue instead of being this is what I need, and like asking for what you need, like identifying the feeling, asking yourself first what do I need, and then asking the person like handy your show up in this way because a lot of times we're expecting things from people. Hey, we don't even know what the fuck we actually need because we haven't checked in with ourselves. And then we're expecting things from people and they don't know what you need and they don't read minds, and then it creates this cycle of resentment that you know that you can't come back from, and it can all be cured by just simply knowing what you need and asking for it.
Speaker 1: That's why I always say I would if I could start over from scratch, I wouldn't even I would never even date before.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even date before thirty years old.
Speaker 5: Literally, I mean I'm talking about don't go out.
Speaker 1: Maybe I might hang out with friends, that's about dating. I would never date anyone before we go to practice.
Speaker 5: Well no, no, no no no, like long term waste of time.
Speaker 1: But also when you even when you're talking about sports, like like I love who right? I agree with this no, because because there's a certain thing that's practicing the marriage.
Speaker 4: I think marriage is a different thing. I think dating has to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's a certain thing as seeing the wrong way like.
Speaker 6: Practically just it just wasting school for dating. You need school for dating resolved. If the school for dating existing.
Speaker 5: You know what that like, because then we wouldn't have all these dumb ass gender wars, especially Black people. We don't want to have these gender wars. When you work on the table, it would be clear we could communicate, if we could probably like heal love, we could heal the world, if we could heal inner personal inner relationships between men and women. Genuinely, it would it would. I mean honestly, that's even in the black community. That's why they've actually planted seeds of toxicity so that we wouldn't figure it out. But this is people don't realize when when I got the internet and we're on the internet talking about dumb ass ship like who you gonna feed first, the baby or the husband, and like like the stupid ship that doesn't need to be discussed, Like are you like we just removed the love and the basics out of it. We do need to learn and there's so much, there's so much trauma. Like slavery did a hell of a job on trust, on love, on ownership, like it really did a lot.
Speaker 1: And so now you know what the biggest thing that slavery did to us though, it made us anti Bible, because the Bible was used to destroy us. That's why they have they had a negro Bible where they they took out the stuff that was good for us and they left in stuff that was terrible.
Speaker 2: It was nonsense.
Speaker 1: I would love to come back sometime soon and have a conversation and show.
Speaker 6: You guys, you break down the scripture for us, I will break down the second Are your pastor?
Speaker 4: Are you pastor? Marcus Black?
Speaker 5: They need religious not religious, not religious, like because I have there's a lot of religious trauma people which which religious trauma is deep.
Speaker 2: They all experienced it.
Speaker 1: But like when you talk about relationships, when I tell you God gave us the perfect blueprint for it.
Speaker 2: And we were all of it.
Speaker 4: If you know we took religion out of it.
Speaker 1: If we just take the institution, you know what I'm saying. Like Jesus wasn't a Christian. Jesus was not into the he was not under this institution of the No, when we get into it and we know what it actually says, it can help us when you see the double standards that are in there, and you see why when you see all the things that they told you're going to go to Hell over God, and scripture never says it.
Speaker 2: We will have I think.
Speaker 1: I think I think we will have a breakthroughster Black. I think I think if we if we take it's gonna be a little longer. I think if we take it like an hour and a half and.
Speaker 4: We just walked, I would enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 6: I started reading the Bible this year, and when I was told you, I don't know who I was telling because I didn't tell anybody that I had been like going to church and like just exploring what that means to me and my discomfort with it and then all but the thing that really revealed itself to me was really reading the scripture and being like, damn, some of these stories are lit. And then I was like, damn, this actually makes a lot of sense. And then I'm like, yeah, that doesn't mean what you're saying. It means why are you what are you trying to do?
Speaker 4: Stop that? You know so it's been like.
Speaker 6: It's been affirming to my intuition around religion, which is like, I don't fuck with it. But then it's also been enlightening because I in a lot of ways because I went to Catholic school, I was in religion class.
Speaker 4: Bitch, I was high, which I was high as hell I was.
Speaker 6: I was trying to get through religious class, religion class, like, that's what I was trying to do. I was trying to get the A shut the fuck up because you're talking some bullshit over there, talking about whatever and missing the message, and so like as an adult being able to read it, it's been it's been enlightening in ways, and it's very how much highlighted, Like yeah, the religious aspect if you pull it out of it and.
Speaker 4: You look at it from like that's more a more spiritual way research.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: The greatest asset to God would be women like you knowing the truth about scripture because you guys are honest.
Speaker 2: You guys are truth truth tellers.
Speaker 1: You guys are blunt, you guys are gonna, you have no problem calling cap you know what I'm saying, Like, the world would be changed with women like you guys knowing the truth.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine do you imagine us going around with our bibles the city?
Speaker 2: The city?
Speaker 5: I can see it right now, And just.
Speaker 2: From just calling cap like, hey, y'all said that this is nonsense. God never said that.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I don't think you're right.
Speaker 5: We're not here to turn you.
Speaker 4: We're just going on tour, but not the same, not that kind of tour.
Speaker 6: Gone.
Speaker 4: No, actually no, no I'm not. I'm being silly. But I also I understand what you're saying. I understand.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I'd rather know the information for myself. I visited, I went, I studied the Bible, but not in years because I do it puts a religion, put a bad taste in my mouth for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm trying.
Speaker 5: I would rather know the information than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, studying the Bible is a lot, you know what I'm saying. So you have certain people who read the Bible, but then studying is a whole other world. Yeah, you gotta know that the Bible was written in Hebrew, Ara, Maic, in Greek. Right, So if you're not sitting up cross referencing the languages you're already, You're already on the outs. You know what I'm saying, because trying to make it make sense. This is why people think that, oh well, the Bible contradicts itself. The Bible has no contradictions. If you see a contradiction, you probably doesn't know. You probably don't know what what this actually means.
Speaker 2: You just got to study.
Speaker 6: I think it's important to read as many ancient texts as you can. Why would I want to live in this life without any information about the best way people before me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And yeah, and so it's just I think.
Speaker 1: That, and then people people go grab other books and that people stay away from the Bible. They be like, well, it's man made. Every book you read is man made. Everything that you know is information passed down from another man. But you want to ex out this book, which is not logical. But this was a good time, ladies, I know, thank you for coming.
Speaker 5: I know it's one of eight right now when need your affirmation. Share a lot of jams, but look, aff affirmation.
Speaker 2: Hold on because I wrote it down.
Speaker 1: No, because last time y'all just sprung it on me and I wasn't ready and I was like, what's that not today, he does have smart.
Speaker 4: Ship to say off the top of your.
Speaker 2: Head, I'm very calculated.
Speaker 7: No, you know what.
Speaker 4: I love to feel prepared for things.
Speaker 1: So marks black affirmations. Okay, I take ownership of my life, my choices, and my healing. I don't blame my past. I learned from it. I lead with integrity, I love with intention, and I moved with wisdom. I'm disciplined, emotionally mature, built for longevity.
Speaker 2: Did like that? That beautiful damn?
Speaker 5: I say, I, Shay, I have to write that one down for the post it I send it to y'all. Thank you for for dropping in with us today and sharing your wisdom. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So we are we going to do the part? The part to come on?
Speaker 4: Let's do it?
Speaker 6: How do we You're gonna sit here in the middle. We're gonna sit there because how we we all have our Bibles.
Speaker 4: You tell us what page to open?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to order one.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Well, you know I have one. My mom has a.
Speaker 5: Couple of them over there.
Speaker 4: I almost took the Christian left the Bible on my doorstep. My phone said, I need Jesus.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just had a pink.
Speaker 5: I remember I have this.
Speaker 2: Section on my phone.
Speaker 1: You see, I got I got the Holy Bible right there, I got the toy right here, and I even got the corona here.
Speaker 5: I mean you should all the Holy Text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go into it later. I'll make a loven. Just start going down the street too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm grateful that you've done your you're doing your due diligence, and you're educating yourself and for the work you've done, just as someone who speaks very candidly and empowers people to understand love so that we can all be in togetherness together and that we can save our families, and that we can grow and evolve and be good humans.
Speaker 5: So thank you teaching our kids how to love and learning how to love is literally.
Speaker 4: Thank you being good to your wife. Thank you for being a good man to your wife.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm actually going to one of these times. I'm gonna bring her up here. I would love we would love to have tick tack. The other day and this lady was like, I want to hear from Brook because how we know you actually living like that?
Speaker 4: Imagine Brook is in the corner like a battered.
Speaker 2: Not because we've seen it, because we've seen this before.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny, but we've seen this before. We've seen we have you know, we've seen the gurus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just like yeah, so no, I'll bring it through. But listen the Bible study of you fire.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 6: I'm down, well, y'all. We love you, and happy Valentine's Day. I hope that you love yourself today. Do something kind for yourself, do something kind for your partner, or just shake the mass in your house, do something.
Speaker 5: Cook yourself a meal for yourself, some wine or some tea. Just yeah, go to the jacuzzi.
Speaker 6: And if you're around this summertime, come to the Good Fiber Tree. We have two retreats this summer in Costa Rica, our favorite place on Earth. It's about time that you fucking come. We've talked about it at length, so I'm not really going to go into all the details. I'm gonna just leave a link in this bio. You can click it and then you can see all the fun ship we're doing and all the friends we have because of the ship we're doing.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Outwatch Erica and Me and Mila underscore, map, rate and review this fucking episode and.
Speaker 5: Telling people where they can find you.
Speaker 1: Mister Black ah Man, Marcus Black, m vr c us b l v c K my website the.
Speaker 2: Bulletprooflove dot Com. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Go get your copy. Learn how to heal from childhood trauma. Stop dragging all that bs around. Learn how to bulletproof your relationship. Give us some durability so it don't break by life life.
Speaker 4: Yes, go get the bug Bulletproof Love at Blue.
Speaker 2: The Bulletproof Love Love, Bulletproof Love dot Com.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what's you guys next week?
Speaker 3: Bye bye please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm living this so good? Can't you tell? I went through a drought?
Speaker 3: That's until I find a well may might have been known Earth that used to be broken? Tell now got the blues dancer like Beyonce Jasell throat shot or pop in this cow wearing our voices patriarch and catch it in the box to what'spoil this? Women put the pia powers, So what's pointless? They want me to be good, so I make that choices. Bad mom, not a bad mom, but a bad mom. It he's in on the cannabus in their bathbon walked in Boscels cap and I blewis cat boss hot dog.
Speaker 4: Now I'm immune to.
Speaker 3: The cat called Herbie in the waisted straight to it like a dollar sign. Mother, rent the lover when two with it like a watersooning where you're rent the winter essential will when the summertime.
Speaker 2: I do what doll ain't know one that needs to run it by