Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys, straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course.
Speaker 5: At the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six second plus dot Kidson, Tony President touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts, Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: And welcome to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee. We are your hosts. I am Josh Rodriguez. This is Patrick no C. Walker. Isaiah what are you today?
Speaker 7: I am the Atlanta Falcons aka the.
Speaker 6: Grinch aka the Grinch. And Kyle is the invisible man in the corner over there. Welcome to what's up? Kyle Hallow Man. Boys, if you didn't realize we don't dress like this normally, we don't know. No, I mean not on the air. Going to say that's not on the air, but this is Talking Cowboys and it's Halloween Day.
Speaker 1: Spooky Seasons.
Speaker 7: Has arrived. You guys, you guys killed it. I mean you guys probably killed something, but you guys definitely killed your outfit.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 6: Apron kme like this? You sure ye sure, oh yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: For the for the enlightened, and I would I would kick you in your chest and you came to my door like that, you you would.
Speaker 8: Have a chest footprint in your chest. I swear.
Speaker 1: Listen for the uncultured leather face and that he is killing it with the chain. He got the mannerisms and everything, got the mannerisms.
Speaker 7: Definitely look like Freddy right now though if there was an urban Freddy, you're him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The scars are really everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Am I wearing this all day to day as freaking I am.
Speaker 8: You guys would be proud.
Speaker 7: And my kids, while I was out of talent earlier this week, my kids asked my wife to watch Nightmare on ELM Street. I love it, Yes, sir, a classic, and they laughed all the way through it.
Speaker 6: No, it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's sociopathic behavior.
Speaker 8: My water, and then my son slept in my daughter's room.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing to do. You act tough. And then it's all right, boys, we got the Cowboys offense versus the Atlanta Falcons defense. Breakdown coming up here shortly, and Kyle's on the way.
Speaker 1: He is, He'll say, yeah, I'm gonna jump into hollow Man. I mean we're gonna jump into some news and notes. Let's do while we wait for hollow Man.
Speaker 6: Wait to turn Wait, Kyle, hold on, man, quit talking over it, Kyle for once.
Speaker 8: Jeez, honestly.
Speaker 1: All right, So News and Notes cowboys came out with their first injury.
Speaker 6: Fixed Kyle's camera. If you guys, look at it, Kyle, we got it, man, chill out. All right.
Speaker 1: There it is Baber back with the full skeleton suits going only. I love it. All right. So Brandon Aubrey he missed yesterday with the Jerry duty. But Jerry duty has concluded for him.
Speaker 8: But this is the longest case I ever.
Speaker 1: It was guilty. The guy was guilty and sentenced to sixty five years. So Brandon Aubrey is back for civic dude, he did his civic duty.
Speaker 8: Was that a week and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a matter of fact, because yeah, I started early last week. So Brandon Obery, he's back.
Speaker 6: Great putting away bad guys. We like to say it is that funny that it was sixty five years and that's his longest field goal.
Speaker 7: Oh bars, wow, I mean, like, isn't that weird?
Speaker 6: Like, do you think he's in the germ room?
Speaker 5: Like, hey, guy, I needs sixty five I'm gonna troll this guy a little bit.
Speaker 6: Sixty five years.
Speaker 1: That's rough, that's rough, long time, long time, all right? So Deron Bland. Uh, he still did not participate. Still not trending in the right direction, but he was activated to the fifty three man roster on yesterday.
Speaker 6: Does he need a new foot? I can go find I can go find one for him.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Oh man, So Derond Bland. The good news is is he's no longer on injured reserve, so he's back on the fifty three man roster. So now does that mean that he'll be ready for the Falcons again? I just said he did not participate in practice, so that it's still to be determined. But the good news is is he will be back this season, so as opposed to season ending ir which puts him out into a twenty twenty five. Kaylyn Carson was a full participant. He was full participant all last week as well, but was made inactive. I did say last week that I spoke with Kaylen and he said he was still trying to get his final clearance for his full range of motion. I spoke with him yesterday. He said he's good. He's just waiting for the clearance now. But he said this range of motion is back, it's fully formed. It's all good. So hopefully he's on the field. Trevon Diggs was held out yesterday with a calf injury. He said it was just some calf swords. He said it happened at some point during the game. He doesn't know when it happened, but apparently maybe he took a helmet to the calf and you know, he just didn't feel it in the moment. Yeah, went home, adrenaline pulled off, and he woke up the next morning, was like ouch, ow right. So it doesn't seem like there's any concern there. There is a concern for me with Linval Joseph showing up on the injury report with a back issue. He did not participate. Keep an eye on that.
Speaker 7: Spin my neck, my back.
Speaker 6: My neck back, that's what reports that.
Speaker 1: Strangely enough, so Eric Kendricks he was limited with his shoulder injury. Obviously he returned last week, So just something to monitor. Nothing big there. Zach Martin yesterday would have been a veteran rest day for him anyway, but because he has an issue it shoulder this time, they have to list it as such. But we'll see if he practices today, which he would have normally. Jordan Phillips full participant again and Nick Vigil again did not participate as he did not fry there or I think last Thursday either with his foot issues. So that's the Cowboys injury report right now. The things to kind of keep an eye on Deron Bland and Michael Parsons. Obviously Michael didn't participate either in practice. Neither one of those guys are trending in the right direction as of Thursday morning.
Speaker 6: Have you had eyes on Michael Parsons this week?
Speaker 1: Not really much to have eyes on. He wasn't out there yesterday. Yeah, with during the open portion of practice he was with the rehab group, so you know, can't really gauge how well he is or is not moving. I mean, he's walking fine, but as Isaiah can tell you, you know, there's a difference between walking and running and cutting and going full speed and exploding out of your brakes and things like that. So, uh, you know, to be determined for both Micah and Deron Bland.
Speaker 6: At this point, does seeing Zach Martin on the injury report injury report scary you at all?
Speaker 1: It's Halloween, I mean, keep in mind, because that's a good question to keep in mind. Zach was on the injury report with a back issue spinal within the past few weeks as well, so now back shoulder. He's not necessarily playing Zach Martin ball in twenty twenty four, Smoky O my back, ye back, Mike Tyson, I broke my back spel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the injury report's not great for people that are probably asking, like what's taking Micah Parson so long? Like high ankle spring up, there's a reason why people say that it's some in some cases it's better to break your ink well than it is to have a high ankle sprain a severe high anglespring because the stretch of your ligaments right, it takes your ligaments don't necessarily want to come back quickly right in terms of like tightening back up.
Speaker 8: But just think about a rubber band.
Speaker 7: If you leave a rubber band stretched out all night, right and all of a sudden, it's not going to have.
Speaker 8: That same resistance as it once did.
Speaker 7: So high ankle sprains absolutely suck and he is trust me, as I think we all know, he's doing everything that he can to possibly get back on the field. And you don't want him to come back on the field unless he's one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: And what you also want to keep in mind, and since we're talking about the injury reporting, we're talking about Dern Bland being activated, not yet for the Falcons game, but he's back on the active roster. You lose over Waia to injured reserve because he's suffered the back injury. These back injuries, man, he suffer for the back injury. He took a knee to the back against the forty nine ers and now he's down for a minimum of four games. So if Dran Bland can't go and Kaitlyn Carson is still let's say Kaylyn Carson is a game time decision. We'll see And so now what are you looking at and Drew Booth maybe and that what's your situation there at cornerback? So going against a And we'll talk about this with we do cub vision today. Yeah, we'll talk about this with QB vision. But on the flip side linebacker.
Speaker 8: Vision on the flip the flip side.
Speaker 1: On the flip side talking about like cornerback vision. I mean, you're going against a Falcons offense that can stretch the field and get chunk plays. Absolutely and opposite Trayvon Diggs and Jordan Lewis, what do what do you got there? You're fighting? This happens where other people's skin.
Speaker 6: I know, it's it's almost ago. I don't feel comfortable with my other people's skin.
Speaker 8: Are you sweating right now?
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't look too It's just that the eyes are really short and low.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to The hair on that mask is disturbing.
Speaker 6: It's that I have had That's the more disturbing part.
Speaker 1: YouTube tell it.
Speaker 6: He does this outfit make me look slim?
Speaker 8: It does? I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, do it look like I'm fluming.
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 8: Your bony?
Speaker 6: He's missed a couple of meals lately from you.
Speaker 7: You can tell Beemer, is that the that's not the KIRCOA chain over there?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: No, Beemer's going full full dad joke with the does this make me look fod?
Speaker 8: You got the Kirco chain over there? Now?
Speaker 1: No, Beamer, I can see right through you.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, boys, before we get into QB vision, before we get into our defensive preview. Uh, let's take our very first break. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase helps the poort that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 9: Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, Reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 8: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 4: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 11: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious Ice Cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be.
Speaker 6: Beat better yet.
Speaker 11: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tasteier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Talking Powerboys. Is everybody black Cropple coffee. This segment is brought to you by Quaker Oaks, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: It's funny how you can this. The Quaker Oats read doesn't match what we've got.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, but you can always. I mean, I love Quaker Oats on the Halloween Listen.
Speaker 1: If I'm at your front door, I'll take Snickers, I'll take Quaker Oats, take whatever, whatever, whatever you know.
Speaker 6: All right, boys, we got to get into soul to our very own. Isaiah Standback's QB Vision Vision Vision Vision. It's a little echo on it.
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 8: Laugh.
Speaker 6: H come on, Isaiah, let's there it go all right?
Speaker 8: Just sorry, I was waiting on so QB Vision.
Speaker 2: Well you have white Eddie, Why Edie. It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, bulcome back. Forgether episodic TV vision. Let's talk about it, man.
Speaker 7: The defense of the Atlanta Falcons is not necessarily what you think about when you think about the Atlanta Falcons right now.
Speaker 8: You just mentioned it a.
Speaker 7: Second ago, Freddy, You thought you talked about their offense and how loaded they are at every position. Really they I mean the tight end, solid o line, solid quarterback, solid running back, solid receivers, solid.
Speaker 8: Defensively, you don't get those same vibes.
Speaker 6: No, you don't get those same vibes. That sensive line is not a nightmare, not.
Speaker 8: At all matters.
Speaker 7: In fact, speaking about the defensive line, their defensive line and their defense is not a threat when it comes to the pass rush, don't, don't, don't, they're not.
Speaker 8: Really a threat.
Speaker 7: In fact, they' they're worse than the league when it comes to defensive pressures in case anybody who was wondering, So that is positive, right, I know we're talking about, you know, spooky things, and this is this defensive front is just not spooky. Even though there are some names that historically have been spooky aka Grady Jarrett, aka Matthew Judon.
Speaker 8: Those are guys, that would normally.
Speaker 7: Scare you, right, absolutely, but they're just not the Patriots. Yeah, or if this was three years ago, you know, Grady Jarrett was a dude. He's not a dude right now. Matthew Judon was a dude even just a year ago. He's not a dude necessarily in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Okay, say that by going up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably shouldn't say that.
Speaker 8: It might change.
Speaker 7: But when you think about those guys up there, you have to still respect them. Yes, but their numbers, their stat line is not just popping off the screen like it once has in their earlier in their career. The one gentleman on the defensive front that does give me the spooks is number ninety. His name is David Onya Matta David, and he's gonna be and I don't know if that's pronounced the right way, but he is an interior defensive line.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: And when we say the interior defensive line, for all the fans at home that are not familiar, that's going to be anywhere between your two guards and your center.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: So you got Tyler Smith, you got Cooper b. B. You have Zach Martin. Zach Martin that name popped up where.
Speaker 8: On the injury on the injury report.
Speaker 7: Okay, shoulder, shoulder, So I don't think that you shoulder to You kind of need your shoulder to lock out guys that are that are relatively large, large humans.
Speaker 6: Is this a large human that we're going up again?
Speaker 7: He is a He's not a small human. He's six three, three hundred pounds, not an oversized human. When I when I look at him, I think about like an osa.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: That's that's the that's the vibes he gives me. He gives me osa vibes. So he has a quick twitch to him, but he's also powerful. Grady Jarrett on the defensive front, has turned more into a bull rush type of guy. This guy right here is definitely a bull rush guy. He wants to lock in on you, he wants to go forward, but he does have that quick twitch to throw you off as a curve bar or a change up. You see what I did there, shout out to the to the Dodgers. So that's the that's the defensive front. Not not a lot to worry about there. Again, But when I say that Dak Prescott, he has a handful of interceptions this year, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not looking great. He's starting to ratio him.
Speaker 1: Eight in two over the last three games.
Speaker 8: For each of the last three games.
Speaker 7: And those interceptions are not coming under pressure.
Speaker 1: They are not.
Speaker 8: So you're not concerned about the pressure of the.
Speaker 7: Def of the defensive line and the defensive front of the Atlanta Falcons. But your quarterback has been throwing interceptions against teams who can't elicit pressure.
Speaker 6: Correct and historically he's been great under pressure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so bring the pressure, bring it.
Speaker 6: But but if you.
Speaker 8: Don't stand there, don't stand it.
Speaker 7: Okay, so yeah, so yeah, so these guys aren going to get pressure tripped, but Dak has That is not necessarily something that you can rest your hat on because Dak has not done well versus teams that aren't getting pressure.
Speaker 8: It's kind of weird stat line anyway.
Speaker 6: The more time you give him, the more time you give him, the worse.
Speaker 7: He does seemingly this year. But hopefully he breaks that streak. Let's go up to the next level. Next level.
Speaker 8: The linebackers really not concerned. Okay.
Speaker 7: Matthew Judon fifteen is listed as a linebacker, but he really is a stand up defensive end. He doesn't like to have his hand in the ground. He wants to stand up, being a track track stands or a bicycle stands, whatever you want to call it. He wants to create pressure that way from a white white technique. When you go to their secondary. Okay, secondary has some guys that you need to put some respect on. They definitely have some guys. They have a j Terrell Junior. He's a guy that I like that as number twenty four. He's a big corner, physical corner. He wants to get his hands on you. The gentleman that I am most concerned about.
Speaker 8: His name, Yeah, the guy. His name is Jesse Bates to the third. Jesse Bates the third.
Speaker 1: As if the first and second word dangerous enough.
Speaker 7: Yes, And he said, just to ensure that you're remember his name, he wears number three.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you want have to look for him far.
Speaker 1: Hey good, it's.
Speaker 7: Jesse Bates the third is wearing number three, and he is a ballhawk. They're Jesse Bates and AJ Terrell and Justin Simmons. Okay, but Justin Simmons, I believe it's injured right now. But those guys are ballhawks. They're ballhawks. However, this defensive secondary, you can torch them. When I say torch, I'm talking about straight Tostedos Okay, champions Championship, Plaza Okay, Frisco and Star. They don't press up. They don't create a lot of issues there. They don't do a lot of confusion in terms of disguising their coverages. They are a too high shell defense. They want to sit back and don't allow anything to beat them over the top. They want to keep everything in front of them. They run Cover four okay, which is obviously three guys underneath, four guys up top okay. The reason why you can torch that if you're patient, is because you have three guys covering fifty three and a half yards of field. Laterally, it's a lot of space available at the first and second level. When they're not running Cover four with the two high, they're running Cover six, So they're running four to one side and they're running Cover two to the other side. Both of these coverages, they're still not coming up and pressing. Matter of fact, they press the least amount out of any team in the league. These guys are off playing off coverage five, six, seven, eight yards off. So when you have some receivers for the Dallas Cowboys that are trying to get their mojo going. Mojo moment. You see what I did there. They're trying to get rooted. Yeah, they're trying to get rooted. These guys are gonna they are going to be able to get the rock unimpeded. Yes, meaning that they're gonna be able to run the first five six seven yards without anybody touching them. And if I could run five six seven yards without anybody touching them, by rule, it's now illegal for you to touch me at what point five yards down.
Speaker 1: Of hillis you can't stop now it's.
Speaker 8: A legal contact.
Speaker 7: So I can run my routes underneath being patient, get the ball and get this thing called yak.
Speaker 8: Do you know what yak stands for?
Speaker 6: Yards after cas that's right, not.
Speaker 7: What a yak with a seat, not the purple no no, no, no yeah, the other yak.
Speaker 8: No grimace today.
Speaker 7: So I am looking forward to this offense getting going in the passing game, okay, because this defensive secondary they're not gonna come up. They're not gonna press you. These guys are not the most disciplined in terms of getting out of their backpedal. They will turn their shoulders to the sideline, which means that you can get them leaning one way and cross their face. Even though they are playing two high shelves. There's opportunities if you can get the protection, which you should because they're not doing well at pressure, and you can get beyond their secondary if you want to take your shots. So Ceedee Lambs can get up on the safeties. Jalen Tolbert will have opportunities to get up on the safeties and you can get these guys leaning one way, cross their face, and if the office the line protects, you can get some big shots. But you're going to have to be okay taking those five, six, seven yard passes and try to make something happen with them because they are not going to come up and put hands on you at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 6: Well, ideally that gets back in a rhythm if he's able to throw those five and six yard routes. Patrick, how do you feel about our wide receivers going up against the secondary.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like Isaiah said, I mean, the way they play their cover, they'll give you space to operate. And the Cowboys have struggled for most of the season with separation correct. Okay, well, this Falcons defense, the way they scheme it up is they're gifting you separation. All you have to do is make sure that you run your clean route, get the ball, and then once you get the ball, try to make one of two guys miss and then turn that into a chunk play. And the Cowboys have struggled all season with both getting chunk plays and then when they get chunk plays, making those chunk plays become touchdowns. I think Ceedee Lamb is the only one who's been able to effectively do that on more than one occasion, turn a chunk play into a touchdown, and then when you're struggling to get red zone touchdowns, that makes those chunk play turning into touchdown plays that much more valuable. But in kind of a side note, news and notes, Justin Simmons, he is in fact dealing with an injury. It's a hamstring, but he was limited, so he participated in the practice on yesterday, so he has at least a chance there. But when you're talking about Justin Simmons, you're talking about Pro Bowl caliber stuff. When you're talking about aj Terrell, that's pro bo right when you're talking about Jesse Bates. That's Pro Bowl, right. So while they'll give you the space, you have to make sure that the routes are good and the throws are there. The decision making from Dak has to be crisp in this game because while, like Isaiah saying, while they'll give you the space to operate, they're looking for that one mistake. They're looking for that bad throw, that bad decision, and once you do that, they're taking the ball.
Speaker 6: And while the coverage is playing off, do you think that opens lanes for the running game to maybe get right, get on the right track.
Speaker 7: I do think that you can run the ball here. I mean, but it comes down to there's nothing on their defensive front that says you can't run the ball. Let me just say that it comes down to Dallas's offensive line and scheme. Can the offensive line do their jobs and start moving guys because we haven't seen it.
Speaker 8: We just haven't seen.
Speaker 1: There's nobody really scary up front.
Speaker 7: There's nobody scary up front. But again, doesn't mean they're bad players. Doesn't know obviously not. I mean, they got some names, right, they have names.
Speaker 4: We're not looking at this front seven, the same way we looked at Pittsburgh's Film seven, or even last week and facing uh, San Francisco's front seven, it's not the same.
Speaker 7: This is the least threatening defensive line we faced yet up to date. That doesn't mean that they can't turn it on in New York and they tend to turn it that turn it on it. That doesn't mean they can't turn it on because they have the players.
Speaker 8: It's not.
Speaker 7: It's not like they just have some bumps. They got some dudes up there. They just haven't been playing well as a unit. But I'm hoping again there goes that word hope. Okay, I hope that the offense can get a running game going. But my fate is in the passing game. Who is his hiding behind my shoulder right now? Tell me that is our buddy, com I grew up in a bad neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You can't be your QB vision degree.
Speaker 8: I got at least two hundred and seventy degrees.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do we got here?
Speaker 6: Oh? We got some black rifle coffee on the way, talking coffee. We're gonna take our last break when we come back. More from this defensive preview and some more black rifle coffee.
Speaker 8: Just a few.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure five.
Speaker 10: G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. The United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and Drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 1: Erica, how much have I spent on concession?
Speaker 14: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance, message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 15: To Talking Cowboys, Welcome back in to Talking Cowboys here.
Speaker 8: On this Halloween Thursday.
Speaker 4: It is a little QB vision and a little cowboys falcons talk.
Speaker 8: We got some black rifle copy.
Speaker 4: These are the Vanilla Bomb Espresso three hundred milligrams.
Speaker 8: If you get three.
Speaker 4: Hundred milligrams my word of straight power. And Isaiah is about to not only chain saw this thing. That's not that's not shotgunning a coffee. That's that's chainsawing a coffee.
Speaker 8: But this is going to be interesting. Isaiah's gonna chug this thing as we speak. I'm I'm worried for your heart, sir. That's okay, guy, I got me there.
Speaker 6: You go all right, it sounds good. Drink go go, go go go, like.
Speaker 1: Pooping from New Jack. Just be calling me man.
Speaker 4: This is this is the second time he's done this.
Speaker 1: And the first time he regretted it.
Speaker 6: Bang nah No, that one is black rifle coffee.
Speaker 7: No I'm talking about the shake. That vanilla bomb is the bomb.
Speaker 8: It is bomb.
Speaker 5: It is very good.
Speaker 7: Just you guys were thinking, all he didn't drink all that.
Speaker 1: That's hollow hollow man, Man, baby hollow man.
Speaker 4: Before we move on, Black Rifle Coffee hosting the workout session in Isaiah, you're trying to be a part of that, right.
Speaker 8: I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a part.
Speaker 8: He's going to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: So sign up and grind.
Speaker 4: You can go to Dallas Cowboys dot com and sign up today. Black Rifle Coffee things in the community and for our veterans as well.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 4: My favorite part of QB Vision was in the middle of your emphasis, like you were like shaking your head and the little like flap on top was just bouncing back and forth.
Speaker 8: That was my favorite.
Speaker 7: Allow the falcons to steal your day, you know what I'm saying, like, don't let them do it, because if you don't out there justin Simmons, baits freaking Terrell. If you left, If you leave it out there, what they gonna Donna. Anybody ever had their their Halloween candy snatched? No, No, are you guys familiar with that heard of it, but I've never had it.
Speaker 6: I actually have pastords Halloween candy right here.
Speaker 7: Okay, really super short here just for you grab with Freddie Hans. If you're not going to be a team player at the.
Speaker 1: Very least, fred doesn't play well with others.
Speaker 7: For those that are listening and can't see, right now, we got some candy Urban Freddy Krueger, Urban Freddy Krueger, a no c walker candy corn.
Speaker 4: Who can pick one up with the scissor hands.
Speaker 8: Rather rather drink, I.
Speaker 1: Would rather drink coffee than do it. I would rather drink coffee. It's not happening.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I am so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's as far as coffee goes. I'm still I still don't like it. It's not bad, bro.
Speaker 8: Vanilla bomb is the bomb.
Speaker 1: So yeah, get that candy colling away from you.
Speaker 8: I'm definitely doing that. Yeah, your Grandma's coffee.
Speaker 4: So here's here's the thing, guys, I'm dressed up as a disappointment today.
Speaker 1: You guys look fantastic. Explain yeah Dad, which spider?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, uh yeah, I'm a tired triple with dad today. So all three babies are sick right now. So that's been a fun two days. And I usually try not to make excuses with the babies because everybody's tired, Like everybody's got stuff, and it's been tough the last two days. Well, I set aside I was gonna I was going to dress up as a blind referee.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to be.
Speaker 8: I had the sure, I had the glasses. I was talking to Patrick about it yesterday. The probably got a fire from the league.
Speaker 4: Probably that's fine, send me the check Roger, the uh some of the invoice Roger. But I was telling talking with Patrick yesterday and he was like, hey, you can't just go sunglasses.
Speaker 8: You got to go with the big burly ones.
Speaker 6: I found some and I set them aside.
Speaker 4: And I found like a cane, a little plastic cane. Found it, set it aside, walked out the door this morning after trying to get everybody settled.
Speaker 8: And left it behind.
Speaker 4: So in doing so, I stopped and got donuts for everybody just to make up for it.
Speaker 6: Some donuts just to make up for my donuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can, you can take that instead of the candy corn.
Speaker 4: But in the process I was like, oh yeah, I left thoroughly had enough time to get donuts, not enough time to go back and get my rough shirt. But then I my phone was dead because of all the stuff from last night. And I usually pull up ways to try and get around traffic, and I ran straight into like a heavy traffic jam, and that's what cost me twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: So it's actually been a scary day for you already.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, yes, I have to do this's just here. What was that I said? I feel like I have to do this one just for the teeth.
Speaker 1: You're just taking the teeth.
Speaker 6: Just take the teeth.
Speaker 1: What's happening onste.
Speaker 6: Oh my, it's not it's not.
Speaker 8: That was not.
Speaker 7: Cower it up.
Speaker 1: You look like like Wanda and Blade had a kid color and Blade and a kid.
Speaker 6: I love it and a line.
Speaker 4: This is the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: That might be might be.
Speaker 4: Oh goodness, all right, So you you just eloquently went through QB Vision and talked about this matchup and how there's nobody really Halloween punch scary on the opposite side. But they just do the the necessary things to keep their offense within striking distance.
Speaker 8: Their defense is doing what.
Speaker 7: I'm going with the cht. I missed Monday and Tuesday, so I miss Tuesdaynday. You are the grand ch after. They are doing what the expectation of Dallas's defense this year was to limit the scoring opportunities. Just keep manageable, right, keep it respectable, and allow the offense go out there and cut right.
Speaker 8: Don't give up a bunch of points.
Speaker 7: Allow the offense to put up a bunch of points, and we'll outscore our opponent. That's how the Atlanta Falcons approach the get their defense. Just sit back, keep everything in front of us, the old Bill Belichick way right, sit back, don't know any plays behind you, keep everything in front, play downhill right, tackle everything in front of you, tackle the run, tackle the receivers right. They can catch the ball, but we're gonna make them use the clock, and eventually our offense is going to be scoring so quickly that they're going to run out of time. They're going to run out of time and run out of opportunities. That's how their defense plays. They're perfectly fine giving up plays as long as you don't beat this over the top right, and we have ballhawks. So if you want to take your shot, not only do we have guys sitting back there waiting on that, but if you do get impatient, because it happens, some teams get impatient.
Speaker 8: They're like, you know, we're tired.
Speaker 7: Of being methodical and working our way down the field and trying to move the chains. Screw this, let me throw it over the top. No, no, no, no, there's Justin Simmons, this agent to rail, right, there's a it will not be like yeah, just bits bas So you got you have multiple guys back there that will make you pay. And they are ballhawks, right They Justin Simms will hit you in the chest. But outside of that, those guys just want to get the ball. So that's what their defense is doing. Dallas's defense has not turned the ball over. And and to emphasize the point about them not getting a lot of pressure, I think they have seven interceptions. Of those seven interceptions watching on film, five of those interceptions came via pressure when the quarterback was under durest.
Speaker 1: So the rare times that they do get pressure, it's a turnover.
Speaker 6: It turns in because these.
Speaker 8: Guys are trying.
Speaker 7: You're trying to chuck the ball down the field, and these guys are hawks. They're hawks. It's when I say they're ballhawks. I'm talking about like if you felt like you had durn Bland and you had you had Trayvon Diggs out there, you feel confident that if somebody puts it up there, you're you're coming down with the ball.
Speaker 1: That's how they feel.
Speaker 4: Defensively, where does this secondary rank compared to some of the others that we've seen so far this year.
Speaker 6: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: As personnel goes, they're up there.
Speaker 8: They're probably one or two.
Speaker 1: Right. As far as personnel goes, they're they're near the top most. Certainly as far as scheme goes, not near the top. Right, So we.
Speaker 4: Talk just the is that the thought process behind a new coordinator because it's a new.
Speaker 6: Staff, new coordinator.
Speaker 7: Don't mess it, don't mess it up for the offense. Yeah, that's all they're trying to don't Yeah, don't cost them the game. Don't be the ones that cost us cost us the game. Is how they're looking at it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, they got some dudes that we can keep going over the names all day long. But like Isaiah led with QB vision there last in the league and pressures sent at the opposing quarterback. So this is a game where all that needs to do is take advantage of that time theoretically he should have some time, theoretically speaking, take advantage of that that extra second or so in the pocket and go through your reads. Right, No need to be super aggressive in this game. If the pressure comes, you know, escape the pocket at least cross the line of scrimmage a couple of times to that threat of scrambling. And and then when you dump it off to a particular player, you're gonna have to task guys like Ceedee Lamb, which has shown he can do it, Jalen Tolbert, Jake Ferguson, whomever else. They're gonna have to get the yak, They're gonna have to get the purple velvet bag. They need to crown Royal. Right, So yeah, so I think this is a game. This feels more like a game where cowboys are going to have to defend depend more on finding and getting yack from their receivers than trying to figure out who can deliver the chunk play exactly all right, So I mean there will be other opportunities down the road with other secondaries where it's like, okay, maybe we can get going in the chunk play category. This, this ain't the this ain't the day to do that.
Speaker 6: Well, so that to me feels like Mike Mcarthy's philosophy. I think he wants to complete small, shorter throws down the field and methodically get your way down the field to get yourself in the red zone and then you know.
Speaker 7: If you can run it though, So yes, agree with you.
Speaker 8: That a big time not happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like that what you're speaking of, that that thought process works when you can effectively get four yards of pop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not happened. But your running backs are averaging, but also one point nine.
Speaker 1: And to that point, you know what will help get chunk plays?
Speaker 6: What's that? Patrick?
Speaker 1: I'm going to say this in Isaiah's going to fall off his chair. Play action, establish the run so you can use the play action.
Speaker 6: And as we confirmed yesterday, only twenty percent of all Cowboys offensive plays are play actions.
Speaker 7: And how can you get a team out of too high shell play action and running the foot run of the ball. Yeah, make them make them drop it then, but they don't. They don't play man to man very well, no they don't. So they want to be too high. It's a ghost. They want to be too high, so you can get them out of a too high shell and open things up for your offense by running the ball. And we say it often right now. I hate to sound like we're on repeat, but it's very important, Like it is so instrumental to the success of an offense. And it's the reason why you feel like your offense is not hitting this year.
Speaker 4: They're so many instances were in the modern day NFL. You say, oh, you don't need a running game. You can win without big time running backs.
Speaker 8: And that's true.
Speaker 1: You can win without the big.
Speaker 4: Name running backs, but you got to still be able to run the football effectively, either behind a big offensive line or with the scheme that allows it to do so you don't have any.
Speaker 6: Of those things or not. The yards need to be there.
Speaker 7: It's the reason why balte Yeah, it's the reason why Baltimore, it's the reason why Detroit are two of the most feared, the two most feared teams.
Speaker 8: In the league right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's literally to talk about their offense. Is the reason got good James Cook. Yeah, when you and that's the reason why you think about it. All those teams have loaded up at web position. They're loading up at what position? Receivers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why because they know they can't sit down here at the end, sit in too high shell. You have to come up here and load the box. Don't load the box against Dery Henry.
Speaker 8: What happens? Justice Ill right, you hit a monster? Come down, come down if you want to. Why did they make a trade for it?
Speaker 7: Why did they make a trade for Deontay Johnson? Because we're gonna have four receivers out there that can all go out there and toast. You come down here and load the box. And if you want to is man the man coverage.
Speaker 8: He's still got save flowers.
Speaker 5: You got Johnson, go to the chart.
Speaker 8: These dudes outside Detroit Lions two headed monster, Sonic and knuckles. Sonic and knuckles in the backfield, that's what they call them.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that that phenomenon, that Sonic and knuckles in the backfield.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 7: If you if you don't come downhill, what happens. They're gonna run it. They're gonna run it all over you if you do come down here and try to load the box.
Speaker 4: They got the same brown I'm all same Brownson Williams from suspension, they got so identify whose shadow is.
Speaker 1: They need to figure out who's whose shadow because we're having this conversation, who's who's gonna be next week's experimentation for handoffs? Right as far as like who's gonna get the chunk, who's gonna get the bulk of? Is it gonna be Dalvin this time? Is it going to is Rico going to be back? Presumably? So is he gonna play? Will he be made in active? Sounds like Deuce might still be made in active? I mean when you go back and you listen to what Mike McCarthy said yesterday about he said as a play caller, he doesn't like the running back by committee because he doesn't he doesn't have it know what you're getting, right, He doesn't know what he's getting. And he also doesn't have enough data to know who should be the lead. Right, So you don't really have a lead. You just have a cast of characters and you don't know who plays what role best yet. And we went in the week ten, Yeah, you have a cast of characters. So you're going into week ten. So now, and I will give Dalvin Cook the benefit of the doubt and say that was one outing. I need to see more. Give me a couple more elevations. But I will also say that for those that were expecting that he would come out and instantly Adrian Peterson the situation you saw, that's not going to happen in Dallas.
Speaker 8: Now, I hope I like that word this year, you like hope. It's been a lot of it.
Speaker 7: It's been a lot of it. People will need to understand. We've said it on the show. The running back by committee works if your offensive line is dominant. Yes, there are I'll say it again. I've said a number of times there are very few running backs in this league that can create right when the old line is not doing what they should be doing right as you drawed up, There's very few guys in this league that can make it happen regardless.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: There is one guy in the history that I that I loved. His name is Barry Sanders. Old line wasn't the greatest because Barry was Barry right.
Speaker 8: So you don't have that.
Speaker 7: So if you if you don't have that, it doesn't matter who's that running back. So the I don't want to say that, you know, it doesn't matter who you put in the backfield. But it doesn't matter who you put in the backfield, because if the office line is not creating the running lanes, then you're not going to be successful. So what happens when your officer coordinator that's frustrated by the ineffectiveness of the running game, offensive line, running back room, whatever you want to put the blame on. Now, I'm running screens. Now, I'm running screens with wide receivers. So now, who are my wide receivers that can run screens. I don't want to use c D because I want CD running down the field. Jayalen Tober is not really the shiftiest guy in the world, so I gotta get it to turp Well, turps ball security is not the greatest right now. Right so these are the questions that coach McCarthy is going over in his head.
Speaker 8: He's like, I have to be able to bring the defense down.
Speaker 7: I have to get these guys down near the line of scrimmage so that we can get these chunk plays because right now, the inability to run the ball effectively is not in our favor in regards to moving the chains consistently and having these sustained drives. So if I can't have these sustained drives because I don't have a running game. I have to have shots. But when I try to take shots, we have interceptions. So I have to list it something that gets these guys closer to the line of scrimmage. So that means now I have to take my number one receiver out of running routes down the field, and I now have to get him screenplays. This is the this is his this is his issue that he has right now that he's trying to figure out. He's trying to find a solution.
Speaker 1: It's amare. It is a nightmare. It is sorry for those that are wondering. These are not plastic metal egg Yeah, but ask you what you did. I'm a little scared the classic. I'm shocked the security.
Speaker 8: He said the toilet.
Speaker 1: How would be any different from me going to the to the training table and getting like some knives and walking around.
Speaker 8: It's no different.
Speaker 7: They're not metal knives down there, though.
Speaker 6: That's how he's gonna eat his steak.
Speaker 4: Bro guy, if I walked into the training table and he's cutting a steak er, hamburger or something.
Speaker 1: Also, this is not cheap, so I'm not going to be I'm not going to be using that's trying to.
Speaker 8: Get the bubble. Guess while you still got that glove.
Speaker 16: One wrong, one wrong, There's no sea, there's no seat injury report.
Speaker 1: I are many time already pull the masks down like you probably you said, yeah we got come on, leather Face look fantastic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta do it one more time. I need to more time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Happy Halloween, everybody. I'll be safe going out there trigg or treating for for mister scissor Hands, for Leatherface, for the Gridge, for the skeleton man in the back.
Speaker 8: I'm the invisible man saying goodbye. I'm talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.