Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Date Podcast. We got a brand new episode for you today. That's who I think you're gonna love. It's a wild ride, it really is.
Speaker 2: But before we get to that, I do want to read a comment from Kitty Kita k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got the cutest little picture. Okay, says Hi.
Speaker 2: When I first heard about you guys on TikTok, I thought this sounds like.
Speaker 1: A really good podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I started, Yeah, I started listening it on Spotify, and all I can say is, what a disappointment.
Speaker 3: I'm Kenny just because you are amazing.
Speaker 2: I've been listening for about three days now, and I absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: So I love it when people first find us because you have so much to binge, like years of our show, Like get into that podcast right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, So thank you for liking, for following.
Speaker 2: Remember we've got Second Date merch up right now. The link is in the show notes. One hundred percent of proceeds go to charity, and hey, sit back and enjoy today's brand new Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update, we've had unlucky second day. Return back to the show looking for another shot at love. What we don't have that often is second date ease. The people we call during the segment who don't know who we are coming back and asking for our help.
Speaker 1: Because they usually don't have a good experience.
Speaker 3: With people away. But this one in particular was one of the most popular that we had on all of last year. I'll just play the clip and I think most of you will remember. Here's Meghan.
Speaker 4: Oh he doesn't remember. Yeah, okay, I'm not calling him back because he ate my goldfish, my.
Speaker 3: Pet, actual fish.
Speaker 4: You my actual swimming fish Cleo gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Megan's fish got eight on her dates. So she said no to that guy. Not sure why, but she did email us back saying that she is now a listener to our show regularly and she'd like to request our services. So Meg can welcome back to Brook and Jeffery.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys.
Speaker 1: Please tell me no pets went missing in this latest state.
Speaker 4: I haven't even adopted another pet, so.
Speaker 3: Ye still living with it? Well, apparently there is a new man that you met recently. Okay, tell us about your date and who it was with, where you went, what you ate, why you liked him, how it ended, and five things that may or may not have gone wrong.
Speaker 1: You're a conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just get all the questions out of the way, all right.
Speaker 4: I went on this date with Mark. Very lucky Mayor met Mark where we met at an art gallery.
Speaker 5: Actually awesome.
Speaker 1: Was it like one of those openings where it's like a party almost?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yes, Actually it was cool. So I was just checking out this piece of art and this cute guy just kind of started talking to me about it, and we just kept chatting and walking and we were both very spontaneous. So we just went out for a very late lunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is an evening thing. This is a daytime.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, I know this spot with all these food trucks, let's go there.
Speaker 3: So we did, from the art gallery to the food truck. I know.
Speaker 1: It's really cute. I mean what's nice about it too.
Speaker 2: Is that you don't have any opportunities for somebody to bail right now. I think it happens in dating, like even just hanging out with a friend, Like you have so many different points of contact before the actual hangout where people can just flake on you.
Speaker 4: You think that, yeah, you'd think that. How So we get our top, like we get tacos and we're like comparing toppings. Were like trying each other's stuff, Like, it's really fun and cute, and I like him. I especially like him because he's asking me very thoughtful questions.
Speaker 3: What's a thoughtful question?
Speaker 4: He asked me, what is the weirdest compliment I've ever received?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: And was it that your goldfish tastes delicious outside?
Speaker 4: I was like, I can't think of anything these. Well, I have one, he said, someone told him that he has eyes that would make a cat jealous. No, I didn't. I kind of laughed because I didn't really know what to make of that.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what that even means.
Speaker 2: I think it was just a setup so that he could tell you how he had great eyes.
Speaker 4: I think he did have nice eyes.
Speaker 3: Is there another great question that he had?
Speaker 4: So we laughed that one off, and then he goes, all right, well, what is something that you wouldn't normally tell people on a first date.
Speaker 1: That's a loaded question, Okay.
Speaker 4: So I tell him that I've had some family members might have been in some reenactments of like true their story might have been in some reenactments of true crime.
Speaker 3: Let's say that, oh, your family mental past.
Speaker 4: You said it, not me, so.
Speaker 3: I'm just decoding.
Speaker 5: What right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like your family was the victim, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he was trying to prize some details at of me. I don't give it to him, and I go, what about you? And he says, oh, well, I recently got out of a speeding ticket by looking like a Jonas brother, which I guess was kind of his like bad boy trying to relate to crime. I was like, oh, okay, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Anyone ever thought Jonas brothers were bad boys. So you just like it because it's.
Speaker 2: Different conversation than normally happens on a first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was at least interesting.
Speaker 3: Sounds interesting. Yeah, Now earlier you mentioned there was no chance for him to ditch to escape, and he kind of laughed at that.
Speaker 4: So the final part of our date, we decided to go into a nearby bookstore and we're just kind of perusing the aisle and then all of a sudden, it's like one of those things, you know, like the door has like a bell attached to it. I hear the bell ding and I just instinctively look up and there's Mark and he's just sprinting.
Speaker 3: The store.
Speaker 4: Oh god, yes, and he didn't say anything to me.
Speaker 3: Did somebody shout, oh my god, it's one of the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I instantly go to the taco truck.
Speaker 3: Oh there was.
Speaker 2: A digestive issue that he needed to find a bathroom.
Speaker 4: I don't think of that. But he he had my number and he didn't even like text me to apologize or.
Speaker 1: Wait you never saw him again?
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm calling you.
Speaker 2: How rude like you are someone you spend that many hours and then you you run away.
Speaker 3: It's like you said, if there's an emergency happening in your clothes at the moment, you don't stick around and explain yourself. That's case scenario.
Speaker 2: I know, text you, text you, call you say I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: His phone was in his pants. It's all messed up. I don't know what the answer is, but hopefully he picks up when we call him and he has some for us when we reach out to Mark for you and ask what made you sprint out of the bookstore without saying goodbye after your awesome insta date. Yeah, we're gonna find out when we do your second date update right after this. Hold on second date update. If you're just joining us. We may have uncovered secret audio of Mark at the very end of his first date with Megan Fast uncovered because he literally he's sprinted out of the bookstore where they were without saying goodbye, leaving Megan wondering what is going on and who is going to pay for this fifty Shades of Gray Make your Own Adventure bookmart Yeah, it always ends weird, trust, but Brooke had a theory that it was a post taco truck and murder urgency that had him sprinting out of there. But remember Meghan said that she liked him because Mark asked unique questions during the date and that was a big turn on.
Speaker 4: Right Megan, Yeah, especially for an impromptu date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time to prep it.
Speaker 2: I mean the whole thing felt pretty natural from your description of it. I can't even think of why why anyone would run away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was like a really big deal to me because this is the first connection I've had since I moved here about a month ago.
Speaker 3: Have we considered the fact that he may not be able to read.
Speaker 1: We're laughing and I'm gonna feel really bad.
Speaker 3: We can't hear this, I'm kidding, So, I mean, look, we're all pulling for it because we don't want you to have no connections in this new city that you just moved to.
Speaker 1: Before moving to a new city can be hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll try and help connect you with the guy, even if he can't read. At least it's somebody that you can hang out with.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch a TV show.
Speaker 1: You can't be picky when you're new in a city. You gotta take what you get. May take picture books for a reason, and.
Speaker 3: We'll upgrade slowly over time if need be. But first let's call Mark. We'll see if he picks up, hopefully get some answers. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey is this Mark?
Speaker 6: Yes? Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Mark? So we didn't catch you in the bathroom or something. It sounds kind of echoey on your end. Well, I hope we didn't catch a bad time.
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, we should tell you. We're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning, Okay, good morning.
Speaker 5: What's this about?
Speaker 1: You're on your bathroom ratings and reviews segments?
Speaker 3: This is on the that's what we do. We're like kind of a fun, jokey comedy type show. But one of the big things we do is a dating segment called second Date Update. I don't know if you're familiar with it, but one of our listeners reached out to us because you guys went out the other night. She had a really good time. Her name's Meghan. Oh oh, oh god. Okay, yeah, yeah, Well, we have a lot of questions for you, Mark, the number one question being why did you sprint out of the bookstore at the end of the date without saying anything. Is there a reason behind that? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely had a good reason.
Speaker 3: Well good because we heard about your date. Megan told us a lot about it, but she has no idea why you would go running out of that bookstore. Should she know the reason?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Meghan should know the reason, I would think, but she really does.
Speaker 1: Did you text her or something?
Speaker 2: Because she didn't get your text like there was no explanation from you.
Speaker 6: Nope, nope, I did not text her at all.
Speaker 5: I went to an art exhibit and yes, we hit it off. It was nice.
Speaker 6: And then next thing I know, we're getting a late lunch and she's telling me that her family.
Speaker 5: Is in the cartel.
Speaker 3: What oh the family. Remember Oh okay, wait wait wait, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, hold on.
Speaker 2: This comes from a question that you asked her. You asked her one thing that she would never share on a first date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm glad I did because then she shared that with me, and I knew to steer clear.
Speaker 3: Well hold only turn off when we heard about it. She said that her family had kind of like a sordid past with maybe some criminal activity.
Speaker 2: I just thought there were some felons, you know, like yeast a felon.
Speaker 1: I mean, mind of.
Speaker 3: Felons are better than the cartel. That is that our stance.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily a lifelong decision. It's like one bad choice to be a felon.
Speaker 2: The cartel is like you're making yeah, marketment.
Speaker 3: How did you get to the cartel? From what she told you?
Speaker 5: She just said it.
Speaker 6: She was like, okay, well, let's just say that, like what you guys were saying about your families, like there's some sordid characters or whatever. And I pressed and then she was like, well, yeah, my family is in the cartel. That's why I had to move cities.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's why she had to move cities.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's why I had moved here.
Speaker 6: They're keeping tabs on me, but I think we're safe.
Speaker 3: Okay, So wait, you learn all this information about her, how do you go from being in the bookstore with her to sprinting out, Yeah, why did you run before?
Speaker 6: When she said they were keeping cabs on me? I was sort of like thinking, okay, is there anybody watching us right now?
Speaker 5: So I didn't want to just run away, so I was like, Hey, let's go into this bookstore and then your.
Speaker 1: Escape route because they wouldn't see you outside the bookstore.
Speaker 5: Run there.
Speaker 3: Boost It's not like the cartel is tapping the line right now listening to what you're saying, at least we don't think so. I don't know how they operate, but I do know Megan is on the other line listening to the Callells.
Speaker 1: A big fan of the second.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be Meg's on the phone right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how the state Works's to go ahead.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, I think you're overreacting a little bit. I think this is kind of a bit much given what I mentioned.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about, Megan? You're joking right?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't tell a lot. I can't really share that in Frankly, Mark couldn't have pulled that on the line.
Speaker 1: Well he didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, he's just telling us his side of the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm glad I did well.
Speaker 4: And that's why I thought that was a conversation just between you and me. That's why I didn't say the word cartel. That's why I just said, oh, my family has a criminal background.
Speaker 3: Oh so Mark? Okay, Mark, do you want to apologize for outing her family as part of the cartel?
Speaker 2: I would suggest what you're talking about if you think about it.
Speaker 4: This really is your fault because you were the one who asked me the question, what would I not tell anyone on a first date? So really it's kind of your fault.
Speaker 3: Put a hit on yourself.
Speaker 4: Now you've heard everything, like just know we do want to go on another date, Like yeah, we can't really like text the name of locations, but we can like to do a code?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Why a.
Speaker 3: Joke?
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't tell.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit scared, like Mark, I'm angry. I want to hang out with her down Mark, what's your read on how Megan is doing this?
Speaker 6: No, I'm completely against this.
Speaker 5: I want to protect.
Speaker 1: Myself against the cartel. That's not a good idea.
Speaker 4: He already out of them. He was the one who said it.
Speaker 6: I didn't, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean I would. I would be a little bit flattered.
Speaker 4: I mean, actually, I'm not going to tell you anything, but.
Speaker 1: Get really good presence from anybody if you're a dating like you know what I mean. Oh yeah, they have money.
Speaker 3: I mean we're trying to keep this light, but I mean, there's no way that's real.
Speaker 2: I don't believe the reason I'm keeping his light because I think she's joking the whole time, like nobody's getting her like dry sense of humor.
Speaker 3: Okay, but she did just move. She told him that he had has well, yeah, there is some evidence against her.
Speaker 1: Okay. Can he ever meet your family?
Speaker 4: Will he even be able to find them? I doubt it.
Speaker 5: This is real, guys, this is real. She was serious what he told to be on the date.
Speaker 6: She's serious what she's telling you to you. Now. Well, I've been going to work and I've been seeing the same car go around and around in the in the root between my home and my office.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're not being paranoid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody owns a tesla.
Speaker 4: Now, dude, seems riskier than saying yes.
Speaker 3: The whole point of this call, Mark is to offer to send you out on another date with Megan, and we can't. We won't say where you're going, just because we want to keep you safe. So we'll use a code word like I'll ave Bboteca.
Speaker 1: That's not code, that's Spanish.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Mark, there's lots of libraries. I'll never be able to tell.
Speaker 6: So I ran sprinting from a bookstore to get away from this woman. I told you everything that I told you on the phone right now. What is it that makes you think that.
Speaker 5: I would say yes to another date?
Speaker 1: People will do anything for free stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have to pay for me. I'm financially taken care of already.
Speaker 3: Oh an independent woman, I mean dirty money, but yeah independent.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure that they launder it.
Speaker 4: You guys are making light of this, But I'm going to call you later.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 4: We're going to hang out all the car pick you up.
Speaker 3: Oh, same car that's following him around the neighborhood, so you'll know which one it is. Mark, Just hop in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Her delivery was interesting there she was joking right. Well, it's hard to say because listening back to it again, I think she probably unhappy with Mark for saying that information on the air because she said criminal past, he said cartel. So there is a difference.
Speaker 2: But why would you go on a radio show like It's just crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Maybe she just didn't think that the information would come out that way, so she had to play it like, Oh, I'm joking, guys, because someone could hear this, and now everyone who works on your show is in jeopardy. So I'm kidding. Take the hand. I have a solution. If you are in the cartel text us right now, is anybody you're in trouble? Yeah, we'd like to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're pretty straight.
Speaker 3: Because that's the thing we're not good at taking hits.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We still don't know what's going on. We are not sure. But all we know is Megan did not get another date, although Brook there is a dark van outside the station with a bunch of guys who say they're big fans and they want to talk to you privately. So I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 1: Do I need a safety word or I'm sure I don't.
Speaker 3: Want you to sign some shirts right anyway, If you want some help, you can always email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts. They're available at Brook and
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,