Speaker 1: You ready were rolling? Was that all in? Okay?
Speaker 2: Good ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the boys. Before we get started on this beautiful ride, let's talk about a beautiful thing, and that's a Chevy Silverado. Playoff pictures are starting to emerge, but one team has already won it all. That team is Chevy, and it's star player, the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand, and that's some serious hardware. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. The Silverado as strong and dependable as the people that drive them. For Jdpower twenty twenty two US award information, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards.
Speaker 3: Now, I know, hang on, we know, we gotta get some flowers. And you're feeling good.
Speaker 1: I needed that. Just hang on a second. Yeah, let the boy in on that thing. I kind of like wearing the headset, but you're not. And I was looking for the I was looking for the years. I couldn't find them. Here's are always down there. I think there's a little chord a little cord. Uh.
Speaker 2: Coming on the podcast today is the legendary, arguably the best tight End and Tennessee Titan franchise history, Delaney Walker. We will obviously get into that.
Speaker 1: Our very first Busting with the Boys guests, I know, besides episode triple zero, our first one that counts. Hey, we're about to do a podcast type thing. Yeah, just nervous, just shaking in my boots with that. It was.
Speaker 2: It was nerve wracking, sitting on a couple of stumps, yeah, but holding the microphone.
Speaker 1: Laney was the first guest in Busting History.
Speaker 2: And Lanny usually we filmed these introsh after the guest comes.
Speaker 1: We talked away and this is what we talked about. This is what we did.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like with Delaney, the kind of guy he is, we're just gonna have this intro with.
Speaker 1: Him as well. Might as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a friend of He's gonna have to learn what shout out no free shadowed is and uh, hear.
Speaker 3: Talk get into your mom to see you.
Speaker 1: God. The day I first met you, I don't age black. Don't crack bro, Hey that uh that microphone is right behind you. So I did.
Speaker 2: I'm actually excited to see you because I was talking to an individual about a year ago. Yeah, and they go, hey, do you see have you seen Delaney lately? I said, no, what's going on? He goes, oh, you gotta get that close to your face. He goes, uh, the Lamy's gotten kind of fat. That's what I heard. And this is not my words on the messenger. You can't shoot me here, but this is what I was told. And obviously they were sadly mistaken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were hating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were absolutely hating. They said you were gaining weight in a rough way.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you had to hear that too. Just this is what you did to me in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you remember.
Speaker 4: That yours was true?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: I remember that?
Speaker 2: He goes, You guys were in the sonnic Cau. That's where Dlanney got all his workouts.
Speaker 1: We were going to the tone. It was in the toun.
Speaker 3: Now standing up and you know how you got the You got the spandex and they have never been favored in this.
Speaker 5: You had just walked in bro I was in the Koltub because you'll must have just got done with practice and you don't think you was practicing.
Speaker 4: Was you heard at this time?
Speaker 1: I was I was hurting. You was hurting.
Speaker 5: So you was coming in and getting the coltub and I looked up like, damn, come you ain't been working out, us working out? And I was like just getting in the culture, Like, fuck me. That's the worst thing to hear, dude, Yeah it was. That was a hard story to hear for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I want to know who said that. Man, that's crazy that you know I was fat. They said I was getting.
Speaker 1: Think you were getting weight, but obviously the wrong one. You don't have to be.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's a look alike out there or something.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody looked like the Landy Walker and you're ganging people with that hairstyle there.
Speaker 1: You did kind of do that.
Speaker 2: You started that and now at first you used to be like the Fade or Dreads and you had a nice little mix of the tail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, i'd like just a rat pack, you know, it's just nappy, Yeah, dreads with that bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, I don't know if I can say that word, but I feel like for individuals that have said hair, you just said, what like you kept it clean in appy? I don't think we can say that as one individuals.
Speaker 1: We can't say we can't say nappy, Oh say nappy. Oh no, dude, I've had a couple of black dudes say you can't say nappy. I am Miamie. Makes me nervous to say no.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, y'all on this podcast now and it's busting.
Speaker 4: So what do you think.
Speaker 1: Of the glow up? Dude, you were first the first.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm glad to be back on the bus. It looks good man, y'all been doing a lot of big things. I'm happy it still don't drive, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a tough deal. That's the hell we've afforded and decided to take. Really, but look at how far this has come. I know, literally the windows look better himself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, outside bro, twelve minutes long that episode.
Speaker 3: You know, just because it was a clip back then, we didn't do the full episode. Yeah, shot the clip.
Speaker 2: Because I think he was on flight. I mean it had to be like an hour or something like. Yeah, he was a wall hour sixteen the first episode.
Speaker 3: That's we had our first headline from the first episode because it was it was Delaney talking about how the Titans IV people almost killed them in the game. Bro.
Speaker 2: They was so mad at me because with you. In the next week, I saw the ideas. I'm like, what's that boys?
Speaker 1: How we doing I'm like, hey, I'm like, oh, what's going wrong? Like that?
Speaker 5: They they were mad. I was like, I'm just telling the truth. Yeah, I mean, y'all know what happened every sing.
Speaker 1: In an ivy because they don't burp it. Well they do now they do. Now they do a great they do a phenomenal job. Now the job. And I said, there are some great people. They did a phenomenal job in this room.
Speaker 5: I said, wow, what a room. I mean, they always been great. I love them guys. That's been giving us the divs. It was just it happened once, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a story, like you still tell the story air. If you get air in your veins, you get like fifty ccs plus like you're hurting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was hurting. I couldn't bring I was coughing up blood like it's Jacksonville, right. It was against the Raiders, pre ses it. Oh, that's right in Oakland, in Oakland. I'm that dumb ass baseball field dude, did you play you were with the New Boys, Like, I don't want to play on this baseball field.
Speaker 1: That is awful. You around the fifty yard line, You're like I could any moment. Yeah, I'm not falling at all. Yeah, no blocking for these guys.
Speaker 2: I remember that because I remember being on the sideline. People be like, hey, it's sill anyone right and like I don't know, Like he's had like five MX, like some something's going on with him, Like he's not and he's like.
Speaker 1: I'm out of a cup, out of it right now. I was like, yo, season, like what are.
Speaker 5: You worried about? I been way we broke for a long run. I'm walking, Coach like why are you walking? I'm like I can't breathe. That's when they pulled me out and then I started coughing up blood.
Speaker 4: And then they took me to the back.
Speaker 1: That's what they do when they took you to back, put you on your side.
Speaker 5: They put me on my side and they gave me like this breathing tube and then I was just breathing out of that for like half the game.
Speaker 1: Is it like oxygen or what? Because I saw you after you seem fine.
Speaker 4: It was like an asthma thing.
Speaker 5: So they put this like some medicine in it and then you just hold it on your mouth and it like blows out smoked.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it was crazy. I'm just like sitting there all from that IV Yeah.
Speaker 5: All from because I was extra bloated, and it was like, oh, it's because of the air got into your lungs. You feel bloated. And then I was just sitting there like okay, when it's gonna go away. It was like just keep talking on this. Oh good, there you go. I forgot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So you were sucking on it. That kept you to keep going and eventually, Yeah, it was that kind of that kind of day, that kind of day, bro.
Speaker 5: So you're retired now, I'm officially retired for sure, Yes, officially.
Speaker 1: How does that feel like? What's it like? Like? What's life like?
Speaker 3: How'd you get to that outcome of because you were thinking about coming back there for a minute.
Speaker 4: I never wasn't gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Talk in this summertime twenty twenty one, right.
Speaker 4: I was just talking. I wasn't coming back, man, I was Why.
Speaker 1: Were you just talking? Were you gonna see if you could maybe you know, float for a second.
Speaker 5: No, I was just saying if somebody was gonna throw me that contract late and to Seas he like, yeah, yeah, I'll take it. I really didn't want to play though. Yeah I'm tired of having surgeries. I'm feeling like crap in the morning. You feel me. So it was just I think I was done. I mean I told Taylor every year I'm done. Every year I come in, I'm like, bro, this is it.
Speaker 1: He was like all right, And every year he'd get more jacked, leaner with the speaker and a body work out in the steam room.
Speaker 5: Disrespectful. That's what I do constantly every day. Like literally, I just came from the steam room, busting down steam room.
Speaker 4: You go to my house.
Speaker 1: Himself.
Speaker 3: I ain't got Taylor, buddy man, but you did.
Speaker 2: You had like a unique career because like your career really didn't start going off to like the back half.
Speaker 1: He's you're in San Francisco. San Francisco. He was nice to say, he was nice, but he was underrated nice, like he wasn't getting like.
Speaker 3: Those are the guys you like watched it because in the Super Bowl I remember like you was making those you were like known as the black guy even though you could receive because you were next to Vernon and everybody's like, yo, everyone sleeps on this because you were number forty.
Speaker 1: Six, forty rough number. They were nice and saying, Frans, you were for six the whole time. Yeah, and you don't think about changing that one?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: Because they put me out? It was weak, It was week lie, it was trash. I used to be like, man, this number boobo. But it was like I all the forty nine er fans knew me as forty six, So it was just like why I switched.
Speaker 4: They was they loved me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They loved the four six, and I looked at it as I'm I'm gonna go out here. I'm a ball out forget this number, and that's what I did. But they they used me so much in the backfield that they didn't really want me to switch my number. It was like, nope, we want you to be forty six. Stay forty six. Since I try to switch it. Right when I made the team, I'm like, can I get like an eighty number?
Speaker 1: And they was like nope. Really yeah.
Speaker 5: There was like Mike Morris wants you to have forty six. I'm like, what's up with this dude? Like he wants me to be trash like I you know, it's like when I came in the league two thousand and six, our jerseys was like the fish net jersey. So it was like that, and it was a four to six, so you know, it was the big boy. Yeah, hey, no, I can't. We're gonna wear full six. I need a smaller jersey.
Speaker 1: And you were walking like core four special teams in the beginning to.
Speaker 3: Right all four kickoff return. How long were we doing that for?
Speaker 5: I pretty much did that my whole career until my last two years. I only played kickoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's no hell no, you got you got your pract I don't remember you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: During during camp, like he would make fun of me for practicing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah no, the lady really out here practicing about year two Like yeah I am.
Speaker 1: He's like that's crazy. Like all the love and Tennessee, we'll get it. We'll get in and we'll get into that.
Speaker 4: We can get it.
Speaker 1: It was cool people.
Speaker 4: I loved I loved Tennessee. Man, you was.
Speaker 1: Gonna ask something about being on the Niners.
Speaker 2: No, I was just going going through the process, like being the Niners when you came. When you were leaving the Niners, Like, was that your seven you left? H yep, you're seven, You're seven, and then you went you went to the Titans, Like how was that departure? Like how'd you feel about that? As you grew up in California? You're little key in California. Besides, it's D three missouris spot you went to in college.
Speaker 4: At the time.
Speaker 5: I did because I knew they was gonna go back to the championship game they lost that year. But you know what, I don't think I'm actually involved in, Like I don't get carried away with like me leaving the team or going to a different team.
Speaker 4: I was like, who's gonna pay me?
Speaker 5: I need to be the starter because I'm in my mind, you know what I'm saying, burning my dog.
Speaker 4: But my mind, I'm like, I'm better than this guy.
Speaker 5: You know, That's how I think about anybody when I go in the field. I'm better than him. So I just need the opportunity to show that. And the Titans was like we got Craig Stevens, but he the blocker. Once they said that, I said, oh, hell yeah, that's what I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it worked out, bro. I mean, I ain't even gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I was disappointed when I first got to Tennessee obviously, because sucked. We sucked. We didn't have a we didn't have nothing. We didn't we didn't even have a steam room. When I first got here, I had to think about that. We have a steam room and Kotel was I mean, the whole whole facility was bad. But they started to grow as we started to win, so that was good.
Speaker 1: What was the relationship like with Vernon?
Speaker 3: Because I got to play Vernon and Washington and the Vernon, I feel like, I know, it's way different than the Vernon that you know.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the Vernon you know, Now that's that's not the same Vernon when.
Speaker 3: It all smiles, very professional, just the nicest dude.
Speaker 1: Oh he always did. Always seemed very buttoned up.
Speaker 3: Like see some of the old photos of him in the club shirtless and ship like that. You're just like, who in the fuck is this? Oh yeah, he it's not the Vernon. I know it all, bro, because Vernon was quiet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Vernon was quiet before he had his wife and doing all the stuff he doing. Now whatever he got going on. This is the past Vernon.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's no longer happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah. So when I met Vernon, you know what I'm saying, he was click clack to me. That's what I called him clean because everybody know him from click clag. Obviously, any cried during the draft, so I'm like, is that the dude that cried? But I didn't see. I didn't know how big he was video I'm crying. I want to see why I've seen him right, I'm like, oh, bro, he is huge. But he didn't know who he was, but I did. You know what I'm saying, They thought I was urning homeboy didn't even play in the league at first, because he'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, man, I like that girl. I'll run over there, what's up, what's your name?
Speaker 4: Tell me.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, you know who that is. They're like, no, I'm like, that's click clack. They like the dude the click clack. I said, yeah, that's click clack. They like what I'm like, bring all your homegirls, let's do it. So he he loved me because I would just get any and everybody.
Speaker 1: For this dude. Any one that that's my dog man he was emotional.
Speaker 4: Yeah the draft.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the video of him to crying. He's, oh, yeah, we don't need the fake crying video.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: He said he was doing like acting now right, and he's like, well, give us, give us a scene and he starts crying. Yeah, he acting right now, man.
Speaker 4: He and that is hilarious.
Speaker 3: You were like you were like the best sidekick of all time. Basically you will go to the unstanding is an outstanding. He doesn't care about he's.
Speaker 2: Legit like the people we talk about that like, have no shame in talk talking to somebody walker.
Speaker 5: I don't care like he and I knew he was the first round. See, Vernon flew me everywhere DC, Miami. I never paid for anything. So it was just like, shoot, what'd you say? We get the man, that's nothing. We end up we stand in a pithouse in Vegas wherever, he get me my room. I'm like, man, what girl you want? That's nothing. That's why they called me d Love because they like that boy good, that boy good. I go anywhere and just just talk man and make it happen. So, man, Vernie became real close like that. And then just in the game, you know, if he didn't know what he had, I'll tell him and stuff like that. So that kind of worked out well for him too, and uh vice versa, so well.
Speaker 1: He you legit had to tell him, he said in the Super Bowl, you got to I have to tell him if he earning Slant.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it'd be like, you know what I mean, the players would be you know how we have one word player. Yeah, And sometimes I guess he's just then studying him as much as he should have, and.
Speaker 4: Like, man, what I got right here?
Speaker 1: I'm like Verdie Slant, Like you get the ball? Getting the ball? That is crazy?
Speaker 2: What is Harrball when you were like when you were at San Francisco?
Speaker 1: Was he one of the best coaches you ever had? Halball could be coming back in the league. No, he's not, could be rumored.
Speaker 4: I really think he's gonna leave Michigan.
Speaker 1: I think we've talked about this.
Speaker 2: I think it really turns into what's his team looked like next year?
Speaker 1: If he thinks he.
Speaker 2: Had my team might fall off for the next couple years. I could see him dipping. Yeah, he's not gonna say roster's.
Speaker 1: Right in the NFL, Like you know, you go, you get into a better situation.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying he gonna take a pay cut he leave Michigan, he gonna get paid less to be an NFL owner.
Speaker 1: What was he getting paid now?
Speaker 3: But to Taylor's point, like you could look at the raw certain think like, you know, Michigan might not be where the're at right now. When the playoffs the second year in a round did before you, you know, ultimately get fired. You think they're gonna fire Jim. I don't think so. I'm just trying to play long game, like you just have to think ahead.
Speaker 2: Got to think ahead because the due j all tastes a season and a half, sometimes just a season.
Speaker 1: But Jim is thirty six. Come on, bro, he ain't leaving.
Speaker 2: That's five years thirty six. You never know, You never never really never know.
Speaker 1: You never fucking know whatever he did? What was what was your experience like with him as the head man?
Speaker 4: Best coach ever?
Speaker 1: Oh? For real?
Speaker 4: I love Jim.
Speaker 5: Jim the reason why I was able to do it. I did other coaches when they wouldn't even put me. They put me on the field to be a fullback, just go lead block. Jim was like, you got so much talent and he had coached me in the Las Vegas Bowl, so he knew exactly who I was. So at the end of the day, he was like, I need you to be pretty much a quarterback of this offense too, so I can play multiple positions. And he was just real, man, just I like coaches like that. He never beat around the bush. He was the type of dude where would put a basketball in the court. According the locker room you come in in the morning, he's shooting. He shooting free throws, like he like, come get a one on one, Like he wanted to get a one on one physical though, like he bumping you, you gotta toss him around to get the rebound, like he ain't scared. And I'm like, this is the type of coach I like, ready to fight. And I don't know if I should bring himself. But that Detroit game, that's what really made me like that man. You know when he went over there and uh slapped cuzzole in the back and kept moving and.
Speaker 1: I don't think I he shake him, but he slapped them in the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He just had that kind of like mentality like he's got the mind, bro. When he started doing that, like like, uh, you got real serious, because it seems like, oh yeah, he's like, what the fuck the other coaches he didn't like that. He didn't like that because he was like, man, once our kick is ass, I'm gonna go over there and I don't wanna shake slap a minute back as hard as I can. And he did it. He said that before, he said that before the game. Yeah, beef.
Speaker 4: I think they have beef because they right now.
Speaker 1: They used to coach with each other back in the day for at the Titans. Now, no yet, he's like a defensive liaison.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: He's there, he walks around there all time. I'm pretty sure it's him.
Speaker 4: I won that won that too.
Speaker 1: I just thought about that. He's still there. Look at him.
Speaker 4: He didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Boom, get your away. Oh my, y'all look at him. Y'all love that. I love how he said it to the seventy six.
Speaker 2: That's Anthony, just Anthony, like like Madonna last name. He's just dude. That is that's a fucking move right there. Yeah, it is a nice little flex. Yeah he did that. Man, he was uh, he talked about doing it and he did it. I was like, damn, this dude, crazy.
Speaker 1: Who is if Hardball is the best coach you ever had, who is your least favorite coach you had in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Uh? Damn man, That's that's tough. I hate to say that. You never know who maybe ended up working for one of these coaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're trying to coach, You're trying to get in a coach on.
Speaker 4: No, maybe down the line, it may happen.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean When I feel like I'm old and not really think.
Speaker 8: You'd want to work for Rabel, I work with Ray, Bro, you don't want to do coaching, honestly, think I was like Rabel.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's definitely not Rabel. I like Ray.
Speaker 5: But I'll have to say Singletary is probably my least favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because and he he was old school. We hit every day.
Speaker 5: It was crazy, the way we practiced, the way he talked to us.
Speaker 3: It was just it was like a little disrespectful, little disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Really you see what he did to Vernon? Yeah I saw that.
Speaker 3: But but you never know, like he's you know, he's got the image of him Stulf like you know, you watch his football life and everything.
Speaker 1: The way he's he's he know.
Speaker 3: He he's football inside and out, so you just never know what the context is.
Speaker 5: I mean, he a family guy, obviously had his family there. But don't mean every coach ain't a good coach. I mean, just because you played the game at a high level, don't mean you're not a coaching, you know what.
Speaker 1: I Meaneah, So were you were you on that team with Vernon when he did that? Vernon? Yeah? I was. I was on Vernon. Deserve that, na, man?
Speaker 5: He look, bro he Vernon dropped like two passes that game. He caught a pass and then like flick the ball on a person, got a personal foul, took it back. He tells. He goes, you ain't that good to be doing that. He tells Vernon that on the sideline. So Vernon loses his his crack, Like who are you talking to? He said, I'm talking to you. Go to the locker room. You're done.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was that simple.
Speaker 3: There was no like, there's no context like this earlier in the week or nothing, no history with Vernon.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he just never liked it. Vernon because he made a rap song right after that. He came, Oh, Singletary made a rap song, y'all? Think I'm playing.
Speaker 1: Singletary made a rap song.
Speaker 9: Ry.
Speaker 5: He came in after he after he kicked Vernon out the game and when did the press conference, he can't play with him, won't play with him, can't win with him, did all of that.
Speaker 4: The next day he came in.
Speaker 5: He was like, man, I you know, I was sitting at the house and this song came to me and I just had to write it.
Speaker 4: And we're like, man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Shuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made this rap song. It may correlate to some of y'all.
Speaker 5: And he was like, boom boom, all about me, boom boom, all about me on Sundays.
Speaker 4: If I don't get the rock, I'm mad.
Speaker 5: Like, just just whole rap song about Vernon.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there in that seat like, oh my god, this man just took our whole meeting to do a rap song. Yeah. He did the whole rap song for the whole team and then.
Speaker 2: We broke up, like two minutes thirty seconds of rapping. Yeah, just disrespecting Vernon. What What was Vernon doing during this?
Speaker 1: I was sitting right next to Vernie. What was he doing?
Speaker 4: He's just looking bro Vernon is just staring at her.
Speaker 1: I was dying.
Speaker 4: I was sitting there.
Speaker 1: God damn Verda. Don't cry, that's gotta be Don't.
Speaker 5: Cry because that ship is that'll make me mad, like not a like a sad cry, like an angry cry because he can't do nothing, you know, like where you can't do nothing, you just so mad, you.
Speaker 1: Just start crying, You just start crying. I've been there, Yeah, I've been there with Malarkey. Oh that is fucking wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah he made trying to picture.
Speaker 2: That dude, that would be the most insane thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 3: Like you'd almost think, hey, this is that's all about me? Address it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he addressed it by making it rap so on, and I was just like And then you know that following week, we lost that game and they fired that man at halftime. No way, yeah they fired they fired Singletary at halftime.
Speaker 1: What year was this?
Speaker 3: And then was Tom your Yeah fucking awesome, Yeah, full of the best, and we want every we want we wanted was our d line coach of Washington talking about Italian you know, bro, talking about hanging ain't hanging button down. They want to double your money, fold up and put it back in your pocket. So you want to know how to be fatting on you hit it double hole that so you fucking piece of double hook just like that.
Speaker 1: Crush the case of beard.
Speaker 3: Practice during training camp and bet him coach Minusky sitt and have a beer you have too.
Speaker 1: Bro, so prano looking guy, he was connected for sure.
Speaker 4: He was the man I'm not.
Speaker 1: Your money for that thing put in your pocket.
Speaker 3: He had.
Speaker 5: He says sayings like that all the time. But when he became I think we won our last two games with him as the as the coach. But then they they hired Jim Harball right after that. Bro, he he you know what I got.
Speaker 3: I got what you call fuck you money they paid me in San France going over.
Speaker 1: I want to be here, he said.
Speaker 3: You think I'm splitting wrestlers, and you see all the reps of the guys get split out there in the field. Uh, He's like, I get to make those decisions. Nobody tells me how to run my room.
Speaker 1: He notlying, bro, he is not lying. Love you did that voice solid?
Speaker 3: Literally just you want to seek out sitting with him in the lunch room because he just got stories and all the best man.
Speaker 1: Him and Minuscu are like best friends. They vacate together. He'd say.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, hey, will you know how you want to go on vacation. He's like, you find the rich motherfuckers that take the yachts. They want to go to Europe. He's like, when they part their boat, they're over in Europe for like a week or two. He's like, then you tell the captain driving the yacht. He's like, you just pay him half of what they're getting paid, and then you get the yacht.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: You just find the rich people that doc their boats and they're spending time there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: He's like, then you can you can pay the captain and then you.
Speaker 5: Get that yacht for cameras on on my boat. Just for that reason, people can do that.
Speaker 4: That is so true.
Speaker 5: You park your boat somewhere in that captain. If you go to another state a city, that boat just sitting there, just sitting there.
Speaker 3: You ain't You got a vacation with the family for two weeks, for two weeks.
Speaker 1: What he's saying, bro, he's a legend. Where's he at now? What's he doing now? I don't know. I don't know, man, Tom, See if he's to coach him right. I know he went to where is he now? But it says I can't imagine that, bro?
Speaker 4: They said it is not true.
Speaker 1: They said they said the press conferences were what I guy of got fuck you money to be here. Minuski's in uh.
Speaker 4: Minnesota, Minnesota, so you know I got that.
Speaker 5: We only came here for two reasons, the two bubble gum and kick ass. And Gum got that for him because he used to do that when he played with Kansas City. He used to do that every game. And uh, when he became our coach. I liked him so much. He always would come mess with me and joke around and stuff. I started watching videos and I'm like, oh, I like that saying he's a crazy He's brainzy though too. He crazy too.
Speaker 1: He's funny, like he'll come in your room and just come in your room with surprise you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he bag.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hit this g You're gonna put just fucking.
Speaker 1: Drawl over the didn't fuck them all Yeah, and you'd be like hell yeah, bro, yeah you're up now, NFL, come on, Wow, we still took it over the Europe. We got out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm about to say, we don't have NFL eure upe no more something something that is corralled.
Speaker 1: E f L what's the e fl e l F he's elf. I don't know what they can't you, dude. That's hilarious, Bro, just a monster dipping dude.
Speaker 5: That's funny. That's funny that you know them two dudes.
Speaker 1: He makes funny. Fuck you just fucking hit them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would have liked them too, though, Taylor, I promise you we didn't.
Speaker 4: Haven't like that at the Titans.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you guys had a bit of an interesting deal over at San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Well, he was at Washington. They went to Washington after they came from San Francisco. But in San Francisco, it was just like the Titans. We had a different coach, a different coaching staff every year. So every year, that's why I know so many coaches because they all came through the building.
Speaker 1: And the door. It was like, y'all terrible, next, y'all terrible.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, And I feel bad because the coaches get fired even when the players is terrible.
Speaker 4: And we is in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Partying every night when we is having to lose after the game, we have a bus waiting for all of us take his party. We was terrible because we didn't. We just partied every night. And then what we wanted it was San Francisco was like lick, you know what I mean. Then as Jim Harball came in, first day he did, he came, he was like, I'm about to burn the grass, and we all like that, what the hell he talking about? That was the first mean He's like, I'm gonna burn the grass. Were like, burn the grass. He's like yeah, because I want to find all the snakes. And then he every day he was releasing catch cash, like.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we may be next.
Speaker 5: So it was just like everybody started to change around with yeah, because he was bringing in cats he played with at Stanford that wasn't no names. He just knew that they worked hard, and he was like, this is what I want. This is what I want out of everybody. Them cats that came from Stanford was just like running hard at practic, going hard, yeah hard. Cat's like, okay, letting us know. We don't care about big names right now. I'll let you go if you don't do your job. So I think so it is too.
Speaker 3: It's like because even if you're on a bad team, the media saying, oh, it's the coaches.
Speaker 1: The players are going to feed into that. Be like, you ain't got the coaches. You know you're not playing well because you're trying to have your job next year.
Speaker 2: On the Ross Doggy Dog World Ude, everyone's trying to get their world.
Speaker 1: Everyone is just trying to get theirs.
Speaker 2: What did you like the locker room comparison between the Titans and the forty nine ers, Like, what did you like find yourself enjoying more?
Speaker 5: I would have to say when I was in San Francisco, when I came in the league, it was different, right because two thousand and six it was hazing. It was just like, you know, they can treat this a little different.
Speaker 1: You know they could do a lot.
Speaker 5: So it was almost where you I think that's why I had that mentality when I got to the Titans. I didn't really if you was rookie, I ain't talked to you unless I thought you was gonna be good or you did not.
Speaker 2: You're not talking to anybody stories about I've said this in the podcast. Before Delaney would literally walk up. Guys would walk up to Delaney in his locker and he'd be doing his little routine, his little skin routine or whatever might no one took longer getting getting ready after practicing.
Speaker 3: This man the speaker there and like he's got to have a full and it'd be like.
Speaker 1: A third or fourth round draft pick.
Speaker 2: He dude that was drafted be like hey, mister Walker, like nice to meet you, and he'd be like, I'm not gonna shake your hand.
Speaker 1: If you make the team, i'll know your name. And he would just go back to doing whatever.
Speaker 2: And he would see these poor casts like so like defeated, so deflated Walker, just because like I did mostel any of them in the summer.
Speaker 5: I liked it when you came in. I kind of was like I watched it, but I'm like, okay, this dude crazy. And then you had got into a lot of other stuff on the fighting just up, so I'm like, I like, oh, I see I like old Liman's like that. I don't want an old lineman where I can come up and to be like I could probably beat this dude up. Like that shouldn't be the case in football. The old lineman should be like, I mean we can fight, but you know they beat me up. Yeah, But if I can be like, I can whoop this dude. I don't want him as an old lineman. So when Taylor came, I was like, let's see he went to Michigan teem crazy. But then we played like this flag football game and this dude was out there running rounds catching passes. I'm like, oh, okay, this he caught a pass on me. I kind of slacked on them.
Speaker 3: I kind of was just sitting back and he got me behind me.
Speaker 1: This is fucking mind, dude. He scored a touchdown. I'm like, okay.
Speaker 5: And then after that I started hanging out with Taylor, and I was like, I like this dude.
Speaker 4: So I talked to Taylor before that.
Speaker 5: I knew he was gonna be a player anyway at the end of the day because I just hung out with him.
Speaker 4: But any other dude that came in, they.
Speaker 1: Had a brand new car, like chain on him. You ain't this ship, don't know, And I'm pockets. Every time you own the pockets, you pockets.
Speaker 5: I had a nickname for anybody if you did anything you did I didn't like. I probably was gonna say it jokingly, but it wasted, but I meant it. And you know what, I'm saying I think Cash felt that, but to me, that's how I feel like I would make you better, Like I don't think you good because you're not good yet.
Speaker 1: Who is that safety that went to I think he went to Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, I wanted to fight that one that you practice. Something happened. Delanny did one of those real jokes. He was just like disrespecting this man.
Speaker 5: That's when the eye the eye watchers first came out and he brought one and I walked up said, damn, bro you're gonna go broke.
Speaker 1: And he would have legit took you that. He went to the car.
Speaker 4: He remember he ran to the car and everything.
Speaker 2: He was in your face like he was like about to legit fight Delanna. And Delanny was his like her laughing.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's like in his face like this close.
Speaker 9: He was, You ain't gonna do shiit nothing. Your uncle Tom? I said, why am my uncle Tom? The coaches because the coaches gets your dick. I'm like, because I'm the uncle Tom because they kissed my dick. Har Am I the uncle Tom. You're gonna get me cut? Bro, I can't get you cut.
Speaker 5: You can get you cut that's what I was just talking to him, like they come out side. I said, come outside for what? Come outside so I can whoop you. Bro it's cameras outside while we're gonna go outside. I'm just joking with him the whole time, just trying to like egg him on. But he was so mad. I said, bro, all I said was your eye watch was expensive. While you bad, I said, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go broke, broke. That's what different than being like, hey man, that's a pretty expensive one. Like I questioned this man because he had like seven kids too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he had he brought like he had like the DB's, was buying all types of cars, and yeah, they were going a little crazy.
Speaker 4: It was going.
Speaker 1: Crazy, and I weren't good. That a't gonna be easy on my guy. Damn O. He was my roommate my senior year in college, but that was we were home.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he literally fought he fought a safety of oars over a bag of fucking chips, I believe while.
Speaker 1: He got his new teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe he fought another safety of ours over a bag of chips from Jimmy John Chips where we were bowl prepping and they came in and so uh uh the other the other safety Harvey came in and took chips out of his bag. He's like, come on, man, I ain't playing that, and then they like said something back and forth. I'm like sitting in the second. It's like early in the morning, We're about to have a defensive meeting. They get up and start scrapping leg Yeah. Yes, people start breaking him up. So uh, Harvey waits down in his locker room. Later that day before practice, we all go down there, you know how you break Everybody's getting taped doing all the things. Harvey's waiting in his locker. Damian walks up to me and Harvey just sneaks him, bro hits him right in the mouth, knocks out his teeth, and we we all come over to.
Speaker 1: Break it up.
Speaker 3: I look at Damon and he's like, bro, snuffy dog. He's got blood all down his over chips.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: It was the most wild thing, But I'm not surprised that, So yeah, I was always ready to.
Speaker 5: Like we was joking around and we was doing the walk we was all walking through to go to the bubble, and he was like showing everybody like, look I got one.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch.
Speaker 5: I got the eye watch that it was hard to get at that time, and I'm like, I ain't even got one of them.
Speaker 3: And I'm probably the highest paid person on this team. I'm like, you're gonna go broke. Bro It was a big jokes or too, like I know, he's cutting jokes with everybody.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 5: He took that one like I cut him and he was like you a bitch. I'm like, who a bitch? And then we as we walking, you a bitch o doing walk through? He so I can feel him staring at me doing walk through.
Speaker 1: I'm like he mad.
Speaker 3: So as we walk back in, he run up like come catch his fade. I'm like, dang, im about to fight you was I was like, I don't. I don't do that talk crap.
Speaker 1: Bro. You a you a buster. I'm about to go get the burner. I'm like, now my dog, Damo. I'm like, damn, man, you.
Speaker 5: Got the same homies though back in Callie because one time I go back, somebody like man, you know damn, I'm like that's my dog.
Speaker 3: He like that's my dog. I'm like, oh yeah, Like he told me what happened between you?
Speaker 5: I said, Man, that was a bull like said, nothing really happened, like you know what I'm saying. We argued and everything, but I didn't argue. I was kind of laughing it off, but he was just like, yeah, he told me, y'all got into it and you didn't want that issue. I was, you're right, bro, that's fucking wild professional football player. I'm not a fighter, So yeah, I mean if he said that, then cool.
Speaker 4: Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You know who I was at that time, Homo fights you bro, like no one was at that time.
Speaker 1: Cut him right after that. Yeah, they released him.
Speaker 3: Go to Pittsburgh and hit that shove. The training camp that's when he just retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for real.
Speaker 2: Training camp will legitimate you question everything for sure. Ladies, gentlemen, we interrupt this podcast to bring you Game Time. Game Time is an exclusive ticketing partnership of Barstool. Give the gift of an awesome experience this holiday season with game Time. If you're nervous that you're it won't arrive on time, or simply forgot to holiday's shop, game Time tickets get delivered to your phone and inbox instantly. Game Time ab has all the best tickets and you'll get an awesome price on them. If you haven't given game Time a shot yet. Now is the time.
Speaker 1: We've been using game Time App all year.
Speaker 2: We went to South Carolina, we went to Michigan, the boys went to Nebraska. There's so many things you can do and use game Time app. For download the game Time App. Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code. Bust and that's b USSI n for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms of play downline download game Time App, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Now back to the show. You know random ask people.
Speaker 2: I remember we had a ten roof one time that some chef came out, some cook, Hey man, you know.
Speaker 1: Casper Like what? Oh yeah, Cash?
Speaker 2: My boy was like, Who's Cash? Is just someone I used to know? Yeah, It's like you don't get a name like Casper. That's a sary nickname. That's scary.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 5: We were We was out one night, just chilling. Wasn't a lot of people out. That's how the guy was able to see me. And he was working. He was working a chef and the kiause.
Speaker 1: It's like a Wednesday night or something.
Speaker 5: When yeah, he came out the kitchen like what a devious like hell said that no one knows that name. So I'll look and he like, what up? How Casper our baby Casper. I'm like, what up?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: Like that, I've never seen him before because I guess he's been in the pend this whole time, but he knew who I was. So then we and then he was like, man, that was kind of weird. They was like, that was weird. Who is Casper?
Speaker 1: I said?
Speaker 4: Long story? Bro?
Speaker 1: You know you're like, damn, you ain't even gonna talk about sure, dude.
Speaker 5: But out of nowhere though, this dude, I'm like, what you doing on here? He like his family like of course, yeah, of course when we go.
Speaker 3: To oh yeah we were on that Yeah you got you. I felt like you had really good treatment from Rabel that Rave.
Speaker 1: He had malarkey wasting Hunt but not a lot of dudes just messing with Rave that first year he was there. I know, I don't know you you.
Speaker 3: Always had like I mean, you were just you guys had such respect for each other that you would get your days off like you ain't really.
Speaker 1: Do was that twenty seventeen eighteen eighteen, that was Vrabel's first year. Yeah, that was the year where I did that. Uh I did that up? Yeah that's larious, funniest. They were so spot on tail spot on.
Speaker 4: But you was good at that though.
Speaker 5: You good at playing people, man, you can you can, you can do people so well.
Speaker 1: But you that the Rave show was thet they had me in this past training camp. They just said like Stretch.
Speaker 3: And Rave hit me up. Hey, you want to come in and be Raved for a meeting. I was like, man, I haven't been on the team.
Speaker 1: I have been. They everyone know who you are, but they know who you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had half the guys reacting like, oh sir. I was kind of like, okay, let's see what happens. And now I'm just going off on dues it knowing remember Cody.
Speaker 1: Holliseing, Yes, he killed him. He was killing Cody? Are you the most are you ever going to be the most talented? Killed him because you went up to that little wall. I went over to the wall. He's a wall now like guys.
Speaker 2: That like exemplify like what we want the Titans to be. And he was like a three time winner, really three time winning.
Speaker 1: He like over pull the wall. Cody Yeah, are you that fucking dude? Yeah, that was ragging a whole funny. And Jeff Simmons anything he did, Bro, he wore a T shirt, he wore teachers. I love Jeff Simmons. He yes, so he loved I mean he a defensive guy. Of course he loved buddy. He loves I mean there's a good reason. Yeah, the guy's a dog. Yeah. Oh yeah, he's pretty good, monster, Jeff.
Speaker 3: There was a clip and practice where Jeff kind of like swung on somebody or like push up to the play and you know how to you know how Ray would be on anybody that first year, like doing stuff like that, Like he's cussing, he's cussing him out, and I'm like, oh, Jeff, hey, anybody who wants to who wants an example of leadership, Big Jeff, I know you're frustrated right here. This is exactly how you be a leader. Anybody else does this, you'll get cut a big Jeff.
Speaker 1: You know, I love your brother. That's what Cash used to say about me. Like, hey, remember.
Speaker 5: Terry used to say that he'd be like on our bye way he said, any he said, three guys, sip, where's y'all?
Speaker 1: He'll be like me, me, you and like that Marcus, Yeah, market, where's the hand?
Speaker 5: They said, if anyone else get in trouble, there y'all getting cut.
Speaker 1: Them. Three guys are on the team. But what else get any trouble you're getting Biskey was so funny.
Speaker 2: We would be doing, uh, installing our offensive game planner. Busk held be in the kitchen eating grits. Yeah, office coordinator, offensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: When they would ask him, so one year, Malarkey would go, he would ask anybody a question about the office. He'll be like, what you got on whatever? Thirty two? Trap together? Tell him that.
Speaker 1: He go, Terry what what? What is? Uh? What is this play? What everyone got? Terry Black offensive court? He didn't even know that. He wouldn't say. It's like that too, Like you make a bunch of noises and guys just start laughing, start laughing. Our game planning then was so easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we literally like ran it on first and second down and then third down was like, hey, I hope we can make this third dun conversion.
Speaker 5: Well that's what we was. We was gonna run, run, run, and if we can throw, we'll throw.
Speaker 1: And then we'll just throw to Delaney. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of the time, we're gonna run it.
Speaker 3: And now you were like the tight end that you didn't get as much notoriety as all the other big name tight ends. But I remember like in Washington, you guys, I think you guys came to Washington and it was literally fifteen Literally red Zone is just all like, hey, Rahie Morris, I remember it. He would be like this motherfucker can play like we have got to double this dude Like he ain't gonna have He ain't up there in all the headlines with all the mother nights I is, but he's better than all of them.
Speaker 5: Just trust me when I tell you that. And you know, I get a lot of grief on that was speaking on that, but it was just because we wasn't winning a lot of games. Obviously a lot of people didn't watch us. But why is it if your team don't win games, even if you perform at a high level that we not talked about are rated higher because your team not doing well, but you still doing performing at a high level. Every time you play another team, they trying to stop you. They can't stop you. Why is that an issue? But that's just what the leads.
Speaker 1: The media market, is there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if you look at the Titans media market compared to like Phillies or any of the New York New York teams.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it's you can And I remember when I came in Rack Rack was because Rack was with me in Washington, and I remember like the first cold practice, like there's like a few reporters standing out there and Racks like, hey, come, you ain't gotta worry about it out here, Like they don't. They don't like make headlines to try and tear people down because DC's like a stepping someone to like ESPN's and shit.
Speaker 1: So there's drama all the time.
Speaker 3: You can imagine the drama between the RG three, the Kirk Cousins, that saga, just everything bro.
Speaker 1: I mean we still see with Dan Snyder and all that.
Speaker 3: But it's like I came to Tennessee and it just didn't seem It's the media stuff seemed non existent.
Speaker 1: At the time. There's like one villain and that's it exactly. There's just like it's just very small.
Speaker 3: It's like a small sa Like if you were doing that in Dallas, I'm sure you'd probably still be getting love.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, but you know what, And I told when I AJ went to Philly, I say, it's you're gonna see it's gonna be different. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna start seeing a lot of different stuff. And look at him, Look where he at, Look what he doing?
Speaker 1: What's different stuff? Are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Like social media platform, getting endorsements outside of football, making getting the revenue outside of football. That's how you grow your revenue outside of football in a bigger market.
Speaker 4: I'm watching him.
Speaker 5: He's doing commercials, he doing all these like partnerships he's getting. Man, I'm like, that's what I like to see. I mean, I hate, I don't want to hate on nobody to ever play with us. I want to see everyone I ever play with just be successful and get the bread that they deserve, because why do it?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Forever?
Speaker 4: Off forever?
Speaker 5: And honestly, you know what I'm saying, Tennessee is starting to grow. It set us back though. When we first this season first started, they talked about Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee the team, Tennessee the team. You know, we was getting all the primetime games and now all of this craziness.
Speaker 4: You're gonna the games was falling back.
Speaker 5: We ain't gonna get them primetime games now watch and that's what I'm telling you. We kind of because instant so we can get them headlines. We can still get them prime time games. But I don't know what it's gonna look like after you.
Speaker 3: Can you can be shitty like like I know, I said Dallas already, but you could be Dallas and be shitty, but you're still gonna get primetime game.
Speaker 1: You'll get times.
Speaker 5: When they was not playing well, they were still getting prime time games no matter what, because what Dallas market is huge.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones did an excellent job, you get what I'm saying, incredible. But the Titans are getting better. And here's the issue too, is like their offense. Our offense isn't flashy, Like it's not something that's gonna put up a bunch of points through and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So unless you're still winning consistently, like you about in King Henry's being King Henry going after a record, you're not gonna get like, you're not gonna get those times slots on you're that stuff fa Like now that they've dropped the couples can be like damn, you know you see all the head like.
Speaker 2: Flexing games already, know, like the Chargers game, they flexed that to some of that football. Yeah, it's just how you hope it doesn't happen to the Titans because you want them to be successful, But like we gotta get you gotta be more consistent, like you're saying, but like that is that happens like very Ye's the best coach you've ever seen as far as like coaching a team. They're going to right the wrongs, but you lose three in a row so quick. Like when I was watching the game yesterday and saw in the third quarter of the fans booing, It's like, bro, you guys don't remember eight nine years ago when we could barely win.
Speaker 1: We won five games in two years.
Speaker 3: I was at the stadium, buddy, you were there, Yeah, I was, And it's just like, dude, you can't.
Speaker 2: It was tough, Like the Titans fans have been given a gift. Now I understand, like the standard is getting higher and high and there it's been below the standard the last.
Speaker 1: Three weeks a few weeks, yeah, the last three games. But like when we got here, it was not that. No, we didn't didn't have a standard day. There was no standard. It was just like, hey, we're in the NFL.
Speaker 2: How legit would go home and I'd be like old people would be like, hey, you play football is yeah, but the Titan's like, oh are wena?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, that is in the NFL. Team have an NFL team called the Titans like legit, like Titans had been put on the map.
Speaker 2: I just think yetta give a little bit of grace obviously firing John Robinson the AJ trade, Like that's that's fucking tough. You think like, hey, how is it going to get better? Like le is gonna make it better? Get they gotta get some legit talent in there.
Speaker 3: The league is though, like it's a performance based like the industry in general, it's a performance based world. And some people think like some of the criticisms are like you had the core guys with like Derek and everybody else going at the high level, like you had that little window and people are now talking about is that window fizzling out because Dereks getting older? It's like, damn the opportunity that we had to that the Titans had to like be greater go after a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Did they kind of fuck that up or mess that up the way? I don't think er.
Speaker 2: I think Derek's getting older, obviously, because that's how years work. But I don't think his like talent or like how good he is has changed. I think you've you've had injuries in the offensive line, You've treated your best receivers, and now you can stack the box like it is much that's more difficult for him to get the consistent yard tier is getting without a j Julio, like even even Ferkster when he's going off, like you know what I'm saying, Like Jnu Smith has gone now Corey Davis.
Speaker 3: The frustrations of you had AJ, you had Derek, you had all you had these guys at this point in time. You trade Aj away, you do all these things, and now it's like, fuck, what are they even gonna look like if they make it to the playoffs now?
Speaker 2: But a dramatic change in the Titans locker room next year, Oh yeah, a dramatic turnover.
Speaker 4: It's like chess pieces.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean that that that move that they made with AJ didn't work out, You get what I'm saying, Like and it did not work out, and a bigger trickle effect happened off of that, just by us playing AJ and what he did. I felt like that was a trickle effect. They was like, we didn't want to get rid of AJ, but we did, and then now look what happened. You know what I mean, Look what this guy is doing in the league right now, No question he's.
Speaker 1: Going crazy him like you know, he's just hypereat year. But anytime you can go in and put him numbers like that in your old squad and you're old, know that you're part of the like a front runner for the super.
Speaker 3: Bowl right now? Ten and one bron eleven and one.
Speaker 2: Yes waen fucking off, dude, went all he's feeling good, like you win.
Speaker 1: Right now, be happier than.
Speaker 4: His happy for AJ. But don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I was. I was.
Speaker 5: I'm still happy for the Titans. We're still in the division leaders. It doesn't really matter. We can get in the playoffs and start playing great playoff football and get back to who we need to be. I feel like we'll get if we get to the playoffs, we can get some of the old line healthy, because I think that's where it starts. Just getting our whole line back healthy, because that's key. We got to be able to protect Ryan and let Derek run the ball obviously, because I know Ryan gets a lot of bad critic about holding the ball doing this. I feel like he's just trying to make plays. He trying to do something to get the team going, get the motivation going. And at the end of the day, it's gonna take all eleven of them.
Speaker 1: And he's been hurt too. He is injury.
Speaker 5: Keep coming out. He hurt because he know he got to play. Like honestly, he gotta play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the best chance for the Titans to win is with Ryan. I mean that's why you say that being healthy.
Speaker 3: To remember I was telling you I was like the Titans defense, they only got like four five starters out there from.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I did not know that at the original.
Speaker 3: Eleven at the beginning of the year, like they you know, just out there playing. But he's on a bum there. Yeah, he hurt.
Speaker 5: Like our whole D line and our whole old line just hurt right now. They just once we get them healthy, I feel like it will be a change.
Speaker 1: And losing Harold the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest thing that identity going into playoffs.
Speaker 1: It's literally all the fucking.
Speaker 2: The thing that worries the Titans fans though, is that usually this is the time of year Titans are playing their best football and obviously dropping.
Speaker 1: No that's making people worried. Kevin said it the best.
Speaker 5: He said, usually around this time, this is when people was playing playoff football, right and we ain't doing that right now. And that's true, and that's what we got to do. I think if they get that at that mindset that this is the playoffs now, it starts right now. If we want to get first seed, have home field advantage, we need to start right now because that's what's gonna keep us in his playoffs, gives us better opportunity to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So do you find yourself identifying more with Titans over Starns Titans? For sure? You said there stapping that sword in the ground. I saw, yeah.
Speaker 5: I'll be at the games all the time. I'll be low key though. Man, this last game, I man, it was crazy. I thought it was I you know what, our fans are starting to get crazy too, because we was walking out. They was ready to scrap with them Jaguars because then them Jaguars fil was duval.
Speaker 4: Yeah that I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they haven't want I haven't won. Yeah in Nashville. How many days was us in thirteen? I have not won a natal thousand days or something like that.
Speaker 2: We went to and fourteen my rookie year, and one of those wins was against Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: After all, they went and leave one like they finally did it.
Speaker 2: On the the commentaries were basically saying, like this Jaguars team is fired up.
Speaker 4: Fired up in the crowd everything. I'm like, Wow, you.
Speaker 2: Don't really think about that as the Titans player, Like you don't think, oh man, they want to beat us so bad. You just think it's a division opponent, you know, you don't think there's like a rivalry there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just kind of playing. Yeah, they had it out for us.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there some dudes that dove all in my face out literally almost smacked them, like I forgot, I don't even play, let me chill out, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are fucking I mean good for them though, because they're They're franchise has been in the dumps, yeah the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got a coach.
Speaker 2: They got a coach right now like the only time, like twenty sixteen they had they were good.
Speaker 1: Other than that, it.
Speaker 3: Was when did they have to run to the Super Bowl twenty sixteen? They went to the FC Championship, AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: No, they lost to who they lose the Patriots? Steelers? What they beat the Steelers? They lost the Patriots in the AFC Championship and the Patriots want we enter up this podcast to bring you sport Clips. Sport Clips Haircuts has developed an all new relaxing bent blend of cammel, lavender and eucalyptus for their hot steam towel. If you want to try a new scent, you've got to make sure you ask for the MVP haircut experience. It comes to the hot towel, a massaging shampoo, and of course a great looking haircut. Does it matter matter if you're balding or have the noggin of sasquatch. Sport Clips stylists have given have been specialized trained to cut men's hair.
Speaker 1: They've literally seen it all.
Speaker 2: Just another reason why sport Clips is the pros and men's hair. Back to this episode, was it our best year in twenty sixteen, my best year of story nineteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, y'all, best y'all. I was hurt. Was it out there? Good for you? I was getting faced, so that wasn't out there.
Speaker 2: That shit sucks and it is awful being an ir Oh my god, no game.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got you broke your leg? Yeah, like you think that was like the beginning of the end up for Delanney Walker.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, because man, when I had the surgery, this dude goes say, man, you're kind of old.
Speaker 1: That's tough. When you had the surgery, That's what he said. At the A say it may not heal, like you know what you threw me that.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, let me see if I can get an extra year in this thing and see where it goes.
Speaker 4: But you know it's still jacked up.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: Anytime I do anything it gets it's it's swolls up, it's hurting.
Speaker 4: So I already know I was done. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I was training and I told my agen like you you got said, bro, I don't know, like I do, I really want to do this, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. Teams was because everything was like, oh, we just want to pay you one point five. You was hurt.
Speaker 5: We don't know how you're gonna be, but if you ball out, we'll give you a bigger contract. Bro, you think I'm stupid, You're gonna pay me one point five. I'm gonna be the best tight end, and that tight ain't gonna be making eight million.
Speaker 4: I'm'na be making one point five. I'm not about to do that.
Speaker 1: You crazy that that's a lot of work.
Speaker 5: That I'm a third down only. I told everybody I can do third downs. You won't pay me for one point five third down, Bro.
Speaker 1: Even before you got hurt, we would go to we would go to walk through. We're going to walk through the bubble. Delenny.
Speaker 2: De Lenny wouldn't do walk through. He would bring out a chair and sit down. Oh, I know the turf, the turf.
Speaker 1: Could We would all be doing joking yourself and De Lenny be sitting there making fun of people while he's sitting in this chair. I just fold chair in the middle of the field. I couldn't practice on the turf. Bro.
Speaker 5: You gonna see what I'm talking about now, Like when you have injuries like that, the turf hurts your whatever you have my knee used to swell up all constantly, have to keep draining it.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, I'm you.
Speaker 2: Wear those big ass shoes for my feet. He had them, fucking boat How are you not tripping? I know these sweet though.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: It was the most comfortable shoes you ever. I'll still work out with them to this day. Really, if someone stole my other ones, I'm still I'm I'm gonna find out which one of them Titans took my stuff. So, like, you know, they let me back in the facility when I got cut, they sent me my stuff. Oh yeah, but I was missing half of my shoes.
Speaker 1: That's brutal. I have my shoes. I wanted them equipment. It's just like, nah, they quit me.
Speaker 5: I know Joe I was buying jo Ain't them shoes and giving them money. I know they wasn't gonna take that. Got to the boys up in there, always equipment room, in the training room in the and have the cleaning people. I gave him money every holidays all I brought them stuff, so I knew that they would never take nothing from me. It was that gift given maybe a thousand dollars I give you, Yeah, I did gifted everybody one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's like thirty five thousand dollars worth the people. Yeah, yes, yeah, okay. I'm was like, man, it's there. I just signed that deal.
Speaker 4: I was happy.
Speaker 1: You know, he spread some of this out Christmas bonus is verybody are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: I remember I wanted to ask this. You're talking about when you came in in the league and like O six and stuff in the hazing? Do you have a do you have a legendary hazing story?
Speaker 1: You know what? They never hate me, but did you witness a legendary hazing story? I did? I did?
Speaker 4: So it was Ah, what was this dude name Jenkins? Was it Jenkins?
Speaker 1: He wasn't good.
Speaker 5: We drafted him in the second round. He just just really never came to But it was a receiver we drafted the second he'll come to me. Did y'all see who it was? Okay, surprise Blosso.
Speaker 1: No, he was. He's a Lander's guy. He was a receiver. Jenkins. He in two thousand and maybe eight. Receiver.
Speaker 5: He went second round or first round for the San Francisco forty nine. His last name should be Jenkins aj Jenkins Baby.
Speaker 1: Yuh aj Jenkins. Look y'all old point right now.
Speaker 5: I usually usually memory bad playing fourteen years in Lead, I can't remember nothing. But so Aj he brought a car, and then they got his car and took it to the airport and left it there for like two three weeks.
Speaker 4: Racked up fees.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I've never seen that before, because they were like, he come in, like somebody took my car.
Speaker 4: We like, oh one of them parked it around the corner.
Speaker 5: And then finally the coach come in like, man, look whatever he wherever his car a We don't care. We're not gonna say nothing. Just have his keys in his locker room and a note to where it's at. And then we get he get there, he's keys. They got a letter like your car in this parking lot. He go to the parking lot of the parking lot. The fees was like ten thousand dollars the parking lot of you know, they was doing it like the high, like the like you only leave it there for like a day.
Speaker 1: You got a phoebe right like increases.
Speaker 5: That's all I've seen that, but we've seen a lot of them. One but that was the best one I ever seen. Like a player went to the extent to have someone come in take that man car drive it to the airport. This all happened while we was all at practice, so we don't even know who did it, who came in and did it and took the car.
Speaker 1: We still don't know who did it to this day. Who was the person who did it.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. The I heard Brian Schwinky got a bad one twenty thirteen when they code readed him. They tied him to a goalpost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did that.
Speaker 4: They mustard all over him.
Speaker 1: Y'all used to do.
Speaker 5: The old Lineman's always had the best ones. They would get everybody.
Speaker 1: It was usually just like haircuts, like either your hair, your eyebrows, they got me. Oldlignment are always like about it too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But our year, Taylor year, I think was it your year? What when they find everybody, they find all the kickers that cut all the people hair?
Speaker 1: That was twenty fifteen. The next year, that was the next year.
Speaker 5: What happened they so they went so that bullying thing came out with old Buddy and Cognigo, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jonathan Martin Incognitogno.
Speaker 5: So that came out and then they came. They had a meeting, said we're not gonna do this. We're not gonna hairs, We're not gonna do any of this. They did it anyway. They did it anyway.
Speaker 1: They had cats. They was pulling cats, like who did it? Who did it?
Speaker 5: Cats was snitching, sitching, cats was snitching. I think Brett Kerran got break Kirk. All the kickers got fine, fine, no fine. A couple of linemens here too. I was also wi his first round pick, so you know.
Speaker 4: The lineman's got fine too.
Speaker 2: It was it was who are the old dudes? I think schwanky money got fined because it was a young room.
Speaker 4: It was a young room at that time.
Speaker 2: But a bunch of juice, a bunch of dudes on the on the offensive line got fine. The kicker is a specialist like the I think Bo Brinkley got fined, got fine. Yes, they were like no haircuts and then literally that night that night we did haircuts. Everyone got haircuts.
Speaker 1: I was so mad when they cut my hair. Bro posted it too, like, yeah, who was the old kids? Warmack? I forgot about fire and bell Man our team. You had a terrible bro team And.
Speaker 5: The chance Warmack thing is The funniest thing. Our dummy call was Chance. Yeah, still is still is. Whenever we had a dummy call, like it ain't a play, we called it Chance. Yeah, because he would jump off side on the dummy call every time.
Speaker 1: Chance was the best that he was the best guard in the league at that three thing. He didn't move. He didn't move like slanting a gap or anything like that. You couldn't beat Chance.
Speaker 4: You can't beat him, but that boy moved. Oh but and if it was a pool play.
Speaker 1: Him and Andy Lavitri, yes, they both pay the same play hit each other right at the center.
Speaker 4: This in the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were so bad center Andy Gaelic. That's oh my god, movie football team. That's just trash.
Speaker 3: But our defense, yeah, you get you get two guys pulling and running in sho that was that looked so terrible.
Speaker 2: Michael Griffin is like the most noteworthy name on this saying that. And drell Casey Griff was he was terrible that year. He was he was still a name. But it was like definitely in the back.
Speaker 4: Of Brian rack Pole, Derek Morgan, dre.
Speaker 3: Where Brian Williams oh ship would Yeah what what what had twelve tackles that year.
Speaker 1: Wood was the dude that was always underrated on our time.
Speaker 2: We have so many tackles and like not even be close, I know, not even but he wouldn't even be like a uh.
Speaker 1: Not even an alternate, not even an alternate. Yo, that's crazy. They did would I thought, what was a great player?
Speaker 3: And again that's the game, uh, Tennessee being that Tennessee market, it's yeah. He used to call them every time he would be out there. They'd be like who the mic He'd be I'm like fifty six, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, dude, who was the guy that was? He was a I think he went I don't know why school he went to. He was a linebacker. He was not very smart hand up going to Brown Doc Brown Da ended up making a Pro Bowl with them, I know, not.
Speaker 3: With us with the Buffalo Bills because he led the league and tackles and then and then and then nobady got him in free agency. Yeah, he's not like a one for like two and a half up to four million dollars making a Pro Bowl And that's actually he took my spot. And that's when Tom Suleis said, hey, because he saw the scourge about it and he's like, hey, I got what you called, fuck you money.
Speaker 1: I don't have to split reps. That's literally that whole. That's that whole. Really.
Speaker 3: Zach Brown came and he was like he murdered somebody in a preseason game. And just from there it was just cover one. Running back was sitting down the flat, he was just over him. Quarterback throws it out to him and he's just damned near. Dude was athletics.
Speaker 1: Athletics never worked out, but it was like champ and high school. When he would talk to you couldn't understand what he was saying.
Speaker 5: He was really Alabama, where are you? But where are he from? Though he's from d C.
Speaker 1: Is he Yeah, he's like Florida. You get out of Wednesday. You know what I'm saying. He get out of Wednesday practices.
Speaker 3: He would like lay in our meeting room and just prop his legs up on the chair and talk about how he's got back spasms.
Speaker 1: Oh he always had back makes something up every time.
Speaker 4: He always had back spasms.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I remember playing against Ill used to we use a love Compton name because your last name we are like well Compton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time talking about when you guys came out to Washington. He came that game.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't have lost that game. Yeah, yeah, we had me in a blender that game, you rec was.
Speaker 3: That's when he had them commercials going talking about, you know, the pyramid the commercials are.
Speaker 1: Is that what it was? All State? Maybe that's just the voice connection. I think it was just in d C. Though.
Speaker 4: I think it was in d C though only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying he got a Pro Bowl like he was. He was like the man he was. I think he made three Pro Bowls. It was like the man too.
Speaker 4: He was the starting linebacker.
Speaker 1: It was. It was yeah, you know because when he came to Tennessee, I'm like, ship, we get will comp Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 3: Draft was sunk brof Yeah, ball my boys man from back home, and we traded up and drafted Sean Evans.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there like, fuck, man, know what time it is? No, you know, you definitely know. But he was hurt the entire train. He still just starts like that's just how it fucks. And it's kind of sad. It's like that.
Speaker 5: And I tell people that all the time, Like if you get drafted, you more likely gonna play. I don't care how if you're not even good and they see you not even getting good, they said, we gotta throw him out there. We gotta showface. You gotta see if he can be good. He may not look good, but he may be an athlete when he.
Speaker 3: Really need the GM or the owner to be like, hey, we kind of fucked that up because we're play him because you guys made the investment. But you guys are gonna have to know like he ain't it, He ain't it. Yeah, it does suck that way, like the draft picks get more lives and like you get minimal and when you're sitting there and then that happens, like fuck, you already know what time it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's why unless you.
Speaker 3: Signed a monster deal and you're just fucking man coming off a Pro Bowl, I mean yeah, if you sign a monster deal and they know you the bad, you're gonna be good.
Speaker 5: You just be hurt, but we'll you get to yourself. Don't worry. We know what you can do, because that's all what it comes down to. We know what you can do, right, you know what you can do. That's why man Rabel was cool because very wele like you. I played you every year when I was Houston. You destroyed us, you blocked us. I know what you can do get healthy. And that's just how me and him kind of kept it. But I respected him so much. I even went out to practice when they was like this your day off, I'll be like, no, let me show face for the team so they don't think that I'm just not doing anything because I didn't do a lot, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: When what a life to lift?
Speaker 3: Man? Bro? He really you weren't somebody like you know, you weren't somebody who looked at like fucking Delanea gets all this bullshit because you.
Speaker 5: Know I practiced hard though I would. I'm the crackback kind of guy. I'm gonna running crack back on you. I'm gonna score touching now, I'm gonna get in your face like I took this. I took practices like playing it as a game, because then if I play it as a game, when I'm in the game, it seemed like practice. You get what I'm saying that it wouldn't be hard. That's trustful. That's why always wore my game pans, always did that because.
Speaker 2: I want to kind of make that happen because that really wasn't a thing in Tennessee. And then you start wearing the game pants up and look, Key starts seeing more specialists are more like DB's are doing that. Now, more receivers are doing that.
Speaker 4: Everybody doing it.
Speaker 1: Everyone does that. It's just better for you.
Speaker 5: Just your pants don't feel as tight, so when you get to the game, they kind of already like I've been doing this all week, so then I don't have to stretch them out.
Speaker 4: I'm normal, It's normal to me. I'm used to it.
Speaker 5: I just had ways of just going about just trying to perfect my game, so it just made it easier on Sunday, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The fucking man, dude. No, I wasn't the man, you know, I was just you're the man. You were the man. I was just helping me next you know that you were the man. No, I Marcus didn't have anybody at thirty.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's how I just imagine, like if we had AJ and we had the Derek Harry we have now, when I was playing, like geesh, like you know what I mean, Damn I always think about.
Speaker 1: You had the Marker who was a stud, but the Marca was a stud.
Speaker 4: The Marker was a stub, but you get you.
Speaker 5: We had Derek Harry into Marko at that time, and I feel like our offense was based around DeMarco, so our plays didn't fit Derek right. But I thought Derek every time he got in, he'll bust for like twenty thirty. Yes, Derek could probably tell y'all if y'all ask him this. I he used to be like, if we put Derek in, we're gonna win. We let Derek spand we're gonna win. I always used to say that to him, like, because DeMarco was great, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: But I knew what Derek Harry is. Derek, he'd be like, okay, hurt every week. Yeah, when Demark went, DeMarco had the plan I had after him.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. DeMarco never practiced.
Speaker 1: He didn't do nothing.
Speaker 5: You know, he just come out playing the game, always had chewing his mouth at practice, with his hat on, standing outside while looking at the plays.
Speaker 4: Didn't do nothing.
Speaker 1: So I knew DeMarco was getting to that time, because then you got to think about it.
Speaker 4: Where in Dallas he had well almost three hundred carries when he was in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Ye, he ran him.
Speaker 2: They went to Philly for one year and it didn't really work out. They traded him to us.
Speaker 1: And he was but I remember Derek being like, really I didn't know him the way I know him now, but you could tell like he was.
Speaker 2: Super discouraged his rookie year. Yeah, Derek, because he went from Heisman like the man in the.
Speaker 5: Dry I was at the draft room with him. He was just falling. I'm like, we're gonna get him. I literally said that. I said we're gonna get him, you know. I said, we're gonna get Derek. I guarantee him when that when it came across.
Speaker 1: And I told y'all I was in the back, Like I told y'all were getting Derek. Were about to be unstoppable, you know. Yeah, when you get Dereck Henry, it was like you didn't And he was so big even then, so big.
Speaker 4: When I saw him in the green room, I was like, yo, that that ain't Derek Harry.
Speaker 1: That's a d end. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's the DR's what you look at and you're like that's a fucking pro ass football player.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid and you watched, you think all of them looked like Derek, You're like, oh not, everybody's really not like that.
Speaker 1: In the bag, like like Dreel Casey, You're like, you say the lead. Yeah, I'm a fan. But man, he would sit there with them titties out in his ankle, stay like, bro put a shirt on, no shame, you know, looking like two spots and two strong at the real Bro come up and like, man, I met Jail. He played. Yeah, yes, he looks Have you seen him recently? Yeah, he looks the same. He looked the same.
Speaker 5: We was at a golf tournament, me, Brian, Derek and I saw them guys and they all look pretty much the same.
Speaker 2: Rack though, you can just stay looking the same. Yeah, raelt like that too. He was like, oh that's a legit d M.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah. At the traps you got the voice. He still looks the voice like he work out too. Yeah, looked like he worked for him. You got them jeans, bro, Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Got them jeans.
Speaker 5: I still you know what jeans whoever Jail I got whoever that man.
Speaker 3: Who he wants to know who called him fat. He's like, it's still sitting in the back of an I'll tell you after the podcast.
Speaker 1: Feel good? Does it? I mean? And that hurt?
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 1: Somebody said I'm getting fat in a bad way? Yes? Yeah, Like what do you mean fat? Like? No? Like you? He said you were getting weight. That's what he said. That's what he said. You seen him.
Speaker 4: I'm at like two fifty two fifty five.
Speaker 1: What do you play?
Speaker 11: What'd you play at two thirty eight to forty two? So you are a little fat? I mean you know you know I'm not getting buddy, You don't I'm not getting chased. You think you can play right now one season? Yeah, no way, bro, come on for three years. Chris Johnson thinking he could beat me in a race right now?
Speaker 4: Third down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Johnson's not being willing a race.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know Chris JOHNSONI that I definitely he ain't working out, but he probably still fast though.
Speaker 1: He's obviously fast.
Speaker 5: You come on third down only now? I want to say third down after the year. No, No, I think I can come in right now and play like well, I be gassed the first first few games. Yeah, I'll be gassed. I'll be coming out, but I think I can. I can run with them right now. Man, look we can play flag football team whatever. Once you go play for a year flag football. Now just call somebody bat.
Speaker 3: Try to go to the Olympics with flag football, bro Flay. Football is an Olympic sport is about.
Speaker 1: To be and you're going to try and do it. Sure, you know.
Speaker 4: I could be quarterback, for sure, I'll do it. Now, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I can't play right now. Man, I'm just joking. I'm too I'm too out of it now. I don't even think I can go and get hit.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought about what's crazy is you see some of them hits.
Speaker 3: Now, Like you're like, fuck, man, yeah, I'll be at the games like one, can I do this anymore?
Speaker 5: Like I know if I get hit, I think I'll just get dazed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't think I can tolerate getting hit anywheird.
Speaker 1: How like your brain low Ki gets callous to the hits. Like the first week of camp, you're like, I got a headache, yeah, Like two weeks after it can't be like, oh, I'm good taking time on every day and you're yeah, I'm fucking yeah.
Speaker 5: Part we got to take all type of paying medicine, headache medicine.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm done doing all of that. Bro, I'm I don't want to take none of that.
Speaker 1: Ship. You enjoy it, you enjoy the afterlife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I work for the I kind of work. I don't work for the NFL, but I kind of do. I work for the Legends community. So I mean it's I get paid to pretty much be around football players all day and talk to football players.
Speaker 4: So it's life kind of easy.
Speaker 1: Nic, That's cool, That's awesome, you know because a lot of guys struggle.
Speaker 3: No, they do it the way you were going the way you were unfortunately had to go out through injuries and stuff like that. As I'm just asking how it's been. Yeah, because some dudes like you know, you know how it is. No, I know that kind of life. I got to figure this out for real.
Speaker 4: Yeah hell yeah.
Speaker 5: But I you know, luckily, I'm old. So thirty eight, man, I kind of came out at a good time. I think that's that was long enough, you know what I mean. Of course I wanted to play. I ain't get a Super Bowl ring. That hurts, you know, That's what we played this game for but I feel like I made great friends, got to experience a great, great life just playing in San Francisco, in in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: So I think I'm fine with all that. I know, I'm fine with it, y'all good.
Speaker 2: You know, it's toughy when you see people leave and you can just tell them kind of scrambling like what's my life going to be like now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because like you know, you when you hurt like that like me and you are, and you got to spend the whole time away from football kind of and you almost be like, damn, like this is what life's like. Yeah, you know what I mean, because then you got to start doing other stuff like I was doing so much. When it was almost time to come back, I was like, damn, dude, it almost hit me like do I really want to play? You know what I'm saying. Then I was like, nah, I'm gonna play. I mean, because I always in my mind always be like, damn, do I want to play this? This is my twelfth surgery. Then I think about it all the time.
Speaker 4: Then I come in. I'll tell Taylor. He'd be like you you you back.
Speaker 1: I'll be like last year brah last year, five years in a row, last year a row.
Speaker 5: You're like, I heard that last year. I'm like, no, this is the last year. So I always joked about it. But sometimes when you joke about it, you need to make that come true. And I think that's what I was doing. Like I knew it was gonna come true at some time, so I just kept joking about it till it was real.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: For us? At one point it does Tom Brady, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean Tom a quarterback.
Speaker 5: If we was able to play quarterback, would I still be able to play with this leg?
Speaker 1: Of course, you're not gonna get his hit as much as.
Speaker 5: As a tight end would, or you ain't got to kick back as much and try to block the dude running at you full speed at weigh as much as you was leaning on you and doing stuff like that them Is that that helps the injuries occur? You know what I mean, When you're the quarterback, I'm sitting back there.
Speaker 1: Like, especially when the rules are now too all them rough pass across that one yesterday in Miami was wild, bro.
Speaker 4: That was a regular tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put his arms down everything too, Like I know I can put my full body way, let's.
Speaker 3: Kiel yourself going down through the middle. And you're like, fuck, let me put his arms down and stuff. I mean, as a defensive player, how do you want me to think about that? When I'm trying to beat this dude and I see him about to throw the ball and I'm just coming at him to try to stop him from throwing the middle, Like, come on, man, it is ridiculous because I hold every play, so you know, and I think about not holding, but I do it.
Speaker 1: Imagine dude like in the sixties playing us, Like.
Speaker 5: Who, I can't block you just by putting my hands on you. No, I can only block you by holding you. And I see when I train a little topic like, bro, I hold every play. You're not holding, you ain't winning. I promise you that d Lineman gonna toss you.
Speaker 1: You know what, got to get in there. He can.
Speaker 5: He can grab you and throw you whatever, and that's not a holding. But if I grab him and hold him, I'm holding. But he can grab me on the side of my path and fling me to the side to make the play, But that's not holding. So what's the difference of me grabbing you and pulling you closer to me and so they can't see it, right. Yeah, so that's what I tell cats. I'm gonna cheat every play.
Speaker 1: And uh no, that's real when you reflect back on your career and you look at just the test the Titans, and he said this that you're not the best tight end in Titans history.
Speaker 2: Why what is the argument for you to be the best to Titan? He's not, he said, he's not. He said, Frank Whitechack still got him. I don't know you put I.
Speaker 5: Think they I think they got me listen higher than Frank, but he got me beat on some stuff though.
Speaker 1: You said, when you're doing your retirement speech.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I say, because we we were two different type of players. Though when Frank played the game, he was just like an extended lineman. You can catch the ball and do all of that stuff. But the only reason why, only reason why, I said, Frank, because what Frank did and the Music City Bowl, and yeah, I mean the legacy that he carries.
Speaker 1: The City miracle music and yeah was it the music the Music City Miracle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really hang on to that still, no, I know, And and what he did in that and just the legacy has in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I just don't compare as the same type of player.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I feel like you were in Tennessee with the down years, did you feel like the notoriety was a high?
Speaker 5: No, you know, because if you were do it like, Hey, that dude had Mason, he had Eddie, Joe, he had everybody. So he had studs on his team and we did. But didn't, you know what I mean. So I just don't compare. I don't know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you feel like you would have got more pro bows or made a couple of runs of the Super Bowl, like maybe that justify justify.
Speaker 1: So you're like the best player in like the worst team that you know, the Uh.
Speaker 2: But when you're talking about how if you're if you're killing it and you're in a small, medium market, how are you not getting as much individual accolades. That's like the same situation we're talking about right now. Like at the end of your career, if you look at the numbers and it's like you probably were the best tight end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more tds in two less seasons? Oh really need more tds and two less seasons. Yards five thousand, four hun five dozen for white check. He got more than me Tony oh fifty six and.
Speaker 2: He had forty four as this watcheck he's got fifty eight hundred blaians.
Speaker 3: Oh he had a go todinn again, they're what four hundred yards off? Yeah, I mean you guys seem pretty similar. You got thirty two yards a game, he's got thirty three. And you say he's got more touchdowns with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got more touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Hes got more touchdowns than Atlante the Titans than with seven seasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought that was flipped had more. Oh, I have more receptions averaging eleven teams. They actually they actually tie twenty eight.
Speaker 6: I was I was adding San Francisco. Oh okay, we'll both had twenty eight touchdowns with Tennessee.
Speaker 1: But Franks was in nine years and it is close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's close to a real good that's not and it's just it's just a different, different look. They went to the super Bowl, lost in the super Bowl, you know, Yeah, that's crazy so that I look at stuff like that, and if we would have went to the super Bowl, played in Super Bowl, won a super Bowl, I mean, then you could compare them things I didn't even get to play in the in the in the AFC Championship game with you guys like.
Speaker 1: You have been nice, be nice to have them, nice to have them. It's also you look at the other way too, like you even realize you're you're on IR. That stuff sucks.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, yeah, the one the only positive about being on IR is like you're Wednesdays and Thursdays when you're like, I'm kind of just hanging out and the boys are grinding right now. But then whenever Sundays or the game comes along, there is definitely a deep pit. I'm like, damn, I wish I was just out there at the especially when you see like your position not having as good of a day as and then you play the game in your head like I would have been doing this, but really you never.
Speaker 1: Really know, like.
Speaker 3: Both too though, like okay, maybe not maybe not for both of y'all, but speaking from my shoes, if I'm injured and the dude behind me is playing bad, yeah you play the game like I wish I was out there helping the team. But if they're playing good, like fuck yeah, you want them to be playing I Mean, I just sounds selfish, but that's the nature of the fucking game.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's the nature of the game. You're human. That's why.
Speaker 4: Because you're human.
Speaker 1: What around were you were?
Speaker 3: You you were drifted low right, It's around like cutting our teeth into the league or getting our getting cutting ourselves a role in the league.
Speaker 1: Like when Rashaun got drafted in the first round. You kind of know what time it is.
Speaker 3: And for me to like get an opportunity to play again or to like show that I got filmed, I need somebody to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Not that I want them to get hurt.
Speaker 3: You just need an opportunity to present itself because I'm not gonna get fast tracked like somebody who has a pedigree that's like, oh, or they get paid a lot.
Speaker 1: Like that's just how that that is.
Speaker 3: And once I did get to start in Washington and for those couple of years that you're referring to, it's like when I would get hurt, You're like, it's one of those things you don't want to be out long because you it's not like the guy behind me or next to me doesn't look athletically same or better than me.
Speaker 1: I just like know the game, so I already.
Speaker 3: Just I just need to know that I cannot he can't display something good, because then the question's gonna be able to do we even need a play cop again, Yeah, because I don't have the backgrounds you're going to back. No, that's kind of spot when he comes back, even if the do behind him is playing better, that's just not that's not my reality in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So I don't know about it. But to make it end, they put that it. They do that.
Speaker 5: They for you though, they say, look, we're gonna draft this cat to challenge you, even though did he not in the higher draft pick, Like say you win first round, this dude went fourth. But if you get hurt and this fourth round and start balling out, I get what we'll say, Taylor making how much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all happened much Do we need Taylor do this?
Speaker 5: And and my mom sat. I was kind of on that too, Like when I got hurt, I'm like, damn, I want my dudes to do well. But if they, like you said, if they do too well, it's like, do we need this dude anymore? And that's what happened. If I'm the dude to do balling, No, it has nothing to do.
Speaker 1: It's what the owners think in the ga it's and that's going ship.
Speaker 5: And then when John got start going and they knew they can, they found a way to get John to the ball, like, Okay, we can't throw it to them deep, but if we give him a handoff or a screen or like a quick pass, the man is explosive. He can house it. They start seeing that like, well, Delanney's eight million. After this year, johna is under a million, who do keep? Let's release s Delaney and see what Johnno can do. And then he did it again and next year when after I was gone, So it was just like it's.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna like you're dabbing out. You're like John, who's your boy?
Speaker 4: That's my dog.
Speaker 5: So I was even I'm happy for him when he getting off. I would tell them all the time, you you here to replace me at the end of the day, when I'd be like, draft the fucking tight end. Yeah, they're gonna draft the tight end.
Speaker 1: And when I fall off that tight end that they drafted, it's going to replace me. That's part of the game. And I know that, and it's not that I'll be I'm not salty of the player.
Speaker 5: I'm salty of the GM and them because they don't really have loyalty to us.
Speaker 1: They don't they don't care really at the end of the day. Like, but is there a reason to be salty when you already know that's the situation.
Speaker 5: But still, after all all the work we built, all the stuff I did for the team, everything I put into the team, and and to do it just to release that player, not even let them play out their contracts.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to me, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: It's a saltiness until you understand that that's the nature of the business. Right, Like you to say you've been in fourteen years. Yeah, when when you're older and you've you've got several years under your belt stuff like that, you kind of just see it for what it is because you understand that that's a game. But when you're when you're trying to fucking cut your cut your teeth in the league and like trying to carve out a role like playing balls all you want to do, like you want your situation will work out.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it is. And again, it's not like.
Speaker 3: You feel it's not like you're upset that the player out there is well, like it's like for showing playing tell me that questions like you're trying to help out as much as possible. But I'm sitting there knowing if I'm going to get a situation or extend my career, I'm going to need somebody to play bad enough for me to go out there or get injured.
Speaker 1: And that's just like the nature of being in that kind of spot. We'll see.
Speaker 5: I was the guy cass was like, I need to land to get hurt so I can get in obviously, because I was just starting, dude. When you just starting, dude, most of the time to do it in the back, like the only way I'm gonna get in if that dude get hurt. They not saying they want you back, just like.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe he's dumb and doesn't know the playbook well to where it's like he'll be a liability out there and then eventually in in the middle of the game or about hey, go in there and go and you gotta be fucking ready to play.
Speaker 5: You gotta be ready to play. And that's the thing about being in the league now, you better be ready to play. It's the next man up and that's what our model in Tennessee is the next man up.
Speaker 1: They really about that. That that is for sure. Yeah I never had that.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously our situations were different in the beginning, but like whenever I was hurt or anything, I never thought now granted, no one when I got hurt, no one ever played where I was like nervous. No one ever played for the level where I was like, oh damn, they might not want to keep me. That as like my time with the Titans coming to an end. You look at who's playing right now and you're like, hey, I hope I need you to ball because.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to leave after Brandon Hopkins, Mike Ruiz and myself, and there's been like a lineage of good tackles. I don't want that to be a drop off after. Like you're kind of rooting for the team now because I've only been with one team the whole time.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're sitting there looking at I want to get another contract with this team, you kind of needed to in a spot to where hey, we want Taylor to come back on Tennessee because this spot's not this spot's not cut this this spot's not like doing well enough like you kind of you want. You want to be wanted, you want to be missed.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you're hoping they do well, you're on the back part of your contract. So it's like, Okay, we'll go ahead and shave this catch, yeah, because we'll.
Speaker 1: Get somebody cheaper.
Speaker 5: But see, that's what it's his scenario different because if you look at what he got hurt, just like I did, no injuries, or but seeing my said John new play well and first, or they had two tight ends that were there doing their thing.
Speaker 4: They like, long, we can keep these two.
Speaker 1: Fergus drafted Harvard kids said oh ship, we.
Speaker 3: Got mak it.
Speaker 1: But he would get minimum. Yeah, it's the middle.
Speaker 5: See now you look at Tennis Sis when he hurt. They they passing the left tackle around like a baton.
Speaker 3: Hey, bow honey, who turn, Yeah foe honey yo turn do this bow honey yo turn?
Speaker 1: Going on Boydanni's all wrong now, right, He'm not saying I'm not saying he bro I'm not saying he not. He not good.
Speaker 5: He's just he ain't playing his best football right now. And that and at the end of the day that it shows you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you're Dennis, you have to see this moment as like, this is my opportunity to carve out a true role to even look forward to next year, like trying to dethrown the kick and be like, hey, let's cut out this money and save that on cut dialler because we got somebody who's established. Like that's like, I'm just talking. I love how we're just talking the mental the mindsets of each different spot because we've all been in like situations where it's either I R or something where you're like, man, what are you sitting there watching the game? You're like, am I about to get place? If you're all the way wrapped up in the end the playing football.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I was telling people. They was like, man, what about next?
Speaker 4: I said, Bro, I'm getting released.
Speaker 1: They like, now you know?
Speaker 4: I said, you ain't seeing John nu what John who been doing?
Speaker 1: At first? Bro? They why would they pay me eight million?
Speaker 5: They don't even pay them, both of them that combined, all three of them combined, and like half not even half that.
Speaker 1: So I am out of there.
Speaker 5: When I was doing treatment in John Car, I was already knew I'm like, what up, John? He like, hate to do this, Delanne. I'm like, man, I know what time it is.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, you hell a player. Da da da d hate to do this, so we don't want you to take a pay cut. We just can't even tell you to take a pay cut after what you did. We just want to give you the opportunity to go find another team. But at this point, I'm still hurt, so yeah, cut me on while I was hurt, so you know, they had to settle me out and do all of that crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: But I knew it was probably done for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when I when I got this a cl I went to John's office, like before I went to California to get my surgery. I was like, hey, man, I know what's going to happen after this year, and I just wanted to tell you thank you for everything, thank you for believing to me, blah blah, legit like and you know he hit me with, well you never know. I was like, listen, we don't got to do this. Like just I'm just letting you know. I know what's about to happen, and I love you and appreciate you, and we kind of like we tell you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the case because you were talking about on kid. This is actually great fucking transition.
Speaker 2: Pladies, gentlemen, we interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. It can be hard to find a good, lasting, last minute holiday gift for the boys, but don't panic. Duke Cannon has the perfect gift idea for the hard working guys in your life. Their bayass lump of coal soap is that is humorous yet sensible gift. Okay, gift, hold on, gift for the guy in your life. It's three times bigger than the average bar of soap and it is made with active charcoal and the masculine scent of a what's that word, bergamont and black pepper. Listen, I don't know what bergamon is, but I have smelt this and it smells fantastic.
Speaker 1: If you want to give someone a.
Speaker 2: Gift that if they want to give someone a gift they won't hate and immediately return after Christmas. Do the boys a favor and buy Duke Cannon at your local target retailer. Me personally, every time I shower, I get excited because I got the opportunity to use that bagass brick of soap. I put it in the little pouch, I squeeze it up and I but all over my body? Did I walk out of that thing? And I feel like a million domestic It is incredible. If you want to smell like me.
Speaker 1: If you want to get the gift that keeps on giving, check out Duke Cannon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code bust and that's b U S S I N for fifteen percent off your first order. Duke Cannon is not for clowns.
Speaker 3: And back to this episode you're talking about on k Adams last week, I saw you go back and forth with Buck Rising or Paul Carson one of them about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Buck Buck was Buck was on one of four five in the good Fight for your boy out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I feel comfortable to ask about it, like do you still do you actually feel like that's the reality of the situation?
Speaker 2: I get cut, Yeah, h yes, I do. I think you only fourteen million dollars next year. I've been I've had two acls and three years now. The way the ACLS work and all that stuff in the back end that like you and I have talked about that that whole story will come out eventually that but obviously not right now. But when you look at somebody and you're like, oh, they've had two injuries in three years, Like it's pretty cut and dry, it would be wildly egotistical for me to stid and be like, all the Titans mean me next year, they could go draft somebody, they could trade for somebody.
Speaker 1: Doesn't need Like, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Always a hard Now, if I was gonna if I was gonna give an argument for myself, left tackles one of the hardest positions to say, hey, we need a guy.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna go out there. There's five or six in the league that you do it on a consistent.
Speaker 3: Base, everybody calling for your everybody that would that would call for your head. At certain points, it's like you can realize you can't just go find the Taylor Lawan out there that can.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 5: You can't just you can't just trade. It ain't an easy trade to trade for.
Speaker 1: No way Ola got released. What isn't that there?
Speaker 4: This is real.
Speaker 1: It's like he's been bowling, No do we know? Why do nothing? He's been hurt, he wasn't. He's on short term my r for a little bit. See the captain too, he was, Yeah, it was a look, that's just this is what a perfect example. Yeah in front of you, this is scary old. Look he's quick too. Yeah, he broke my finger. He's the one that broke this one. Somebody you know on teams you ain't want to have to block.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is a he was a workhers. I watch him.
Speaker 1: I follow him. That's why boy home man, just buddy.
Speaker 5: But you don't think though, because you told that to John. Right, So John, only one knows that you came up there and actually did that. I'm sure no one else knows that you said you came up there and said.
Speaker 4: That that you know, this may be it.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, I said, saying in the rabels. I know you got like, no, it wasn't that. This may be it for me. On the Adams podcast, Adam, you know I saw that when you did that. I was kind of like, whoa Taylor you you threw it out there. But you know it's not like for me, it's not about like retiring. But the whole come, yeah, the whole thing was is like I have a.
Speaker 2: Really hard time when I see football players, being like, man, the coach is fucking me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If I could just get out there, I would ball on. Oh, I can't believe they're releasing me. It's like I remember watching these dudes and being like, I will never be a person that lives in the in the fantasy world that much to an extent as football players, we all live in a fantasy world, of course, but when I'm looking at this situation, it's like almost like my own pride has to get in front of it, being like I know I'm going like, I know I'm gonna get cut. I know the writings on the wall for me with the Tennessee Titans this year, it's been in a phenomenal nine years.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: And we'll see what you're saying, like, yeah, the argument would be, like, you know, aside from being hurt to the last three years, like consistently, like you've boys been balling for a long time, and so like if they wanted to come and have a conversation, obviously I'm always up for a conversation.
Speaker 4: And they're going to have a conversation, but it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a oh yeah, okay, it's gonna be a pay cut issue about that.
Speaker 3: On upp and Adams too about uh the retirement? Do you think about the end and stuff like that. It's like, if nothing were to happen, would you be sued up again? For the Tennessee Titans, if.
Speaker 1: Nothing were to happen, nothing were to happen, they were like they didn't even say, hey we're gonna cut you. This said, hey, we're just oversation. Just report. You don't hear nothing.
Speaker 4: You just report to camp and.
Speaker 1: They ain't draft nobody.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like, if you don't hear nothing all the way upto the draft, you're kind of thinking.
Speaker 4: They gonna draft somebody, but for sure, but.
Speaker 1: They don't better draft somebody. You sit there, You sit there and play the game like yeah, you gonna drive something. Fuck yeah, gatuation.
Speaker 5: But say they don't draft nobody the draft, somebody they use like okay, Tey, they're gonna be a mentor.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use them for a minute to a third rounder. Yeah, we use them as a mentor. And you're not gonna pay somebody fourteen million dollars to be a mental well.
Speaker 3: Because they still you're still gonna play. That's gonna show that they're a development. They're gonna they're gonna develop, and you're gonna still be the.
Speaker 1: Guy the other year.
Speaker 4: That's what for another year to give them.
Speaker 3: It's next year, like your last year on your deal. Yeah, oh, next year, that's big day.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, what's that.
Speaker 4: That's a big payday for you.
Speaker 1: No, my whole contract was like really loaded. No, I was very frontloaded. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Technically, if you look at my contract, what I'm getting paid now, it'd be like bottom half starters right now.
Speaker 5: Well, and you got you took up to a twenty five percent pay cup because you went on I R.
Speaker 1: No, I I had no split my contract spell. I got the best agents. I have the best agents in the world. Shout out.
Speaker 5: I got that whole ten million because they didn't expect me to get hurt when I broke my ankle.
Speaker 1: I didn't play a game. Yeah, I gotta pee. I gotta keep on that story. So they I never really was asking you, I never really I never really got hurt.
Speaker 5: So they didn't even put a clause in my contract for that first one.
Speaker 1: But that second I R though, that check looked a lot different. You had to split what was that a split? Probably fifty percent. Yeah. The one time I went on I R.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, I was under a tender year, so all of it's guaranteed. So that was like like nice, it's usually you just get that ship split and they tendered you and washed it. Yeah, so I would so being undrafted, I was on PEACEQUL my whole first year. So I had to go like first or I had to go. I had to go exclusive rights free agent, so you either signed data line or you can't play for nobody else playing.
Speaker 1: For the minimum.
Speaker 3: It was like six hundred thousand, so I mean, obviously like lovely, but at the same time you're like you're like, damn, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Starter and I gotta.
Speaker 3: Exclusive rights free agent, thinking I could be a free agent. Then I was restricted and then unrestricted. So I was watching it for like five years.
Speaker 5: Touch free you even touched it. But when they seven when I first hit for agency, what was it tender for middle linebacker at that inside line?
Speaker 3: I got? Uh it was it was it was one point, yeah, which I was aired up. That's a that's basically that the Titans. He was equivalent to that. But that was like the highest I got in the year. What's because all the other stuff was for I always got the big performance pay by.
Speaker 4: Because you played every you played it.
Speaker 1: I just got the I just got the Titans one from a couple of years ago. It was like six figures. That was when you those are the ones you don't see coming out. I know, it was wild. I bet, I bet. I was like, oh damn, that's what.
Speaker 5: That's crazy though, like that they can do that to unrestricted free agency, it's a it's a it's.
Speaker 3: Tough getting unrestricted free agency because even if you're the man, you get franchise that you know, obviously you still get good money, but like you know, it's tough to like make it all the way to unrestricted free agency.
Speaker 4: What was the tax barket in Washington at that time?
Speaker 1: It was high.
Speaker 3: When I got here, I was like, oh, fuck, you're saving a ship a little more money, bro.
Speaker 1: I saw you saw fifty I think it was fifty two percent of your check in d C. Here you're seeing like, yeah, I know, I was.
Speaker 3: If you get bonuses, if you get signing bonuses that don't go through like you're seeing like, I know, but you better at.
Speaker 1: Tennessee, they don't take all the out though. Tennessee, they didn't take. They don't take all the tame.
Speaker 5: You gotta tell them to take all the taxes out to no, not, you're gonna have to pay a shipload of money.
Speaker 2: You think you got way more than way more money than you do. You're like, damn, I got this.
Speaker 1: Actually damn me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only lovely part being like on the lower is just you got bigger the performance bonuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that on the list. That makes you feel a little bit better about your name.
Speaker 5: But that just showed that y'all becoming Most of them guys that's on that list are always key players in the league down the road though, because they played early. They didn't get drafted, but they played early and they know the game, so they go to another team.
Speaker 4: They usually get a payday and they become somebody.
Speaker 1: So Tennessee Titans next year. All remains the same.
Speaker 2: If everything was the same, they didn't say nothing like the whole draft thing and all that perfect case scenario. Here is what I would answer that question. If the surgeon, if this rehab goes better than the last three we have went, and I truly, in my heart of hearts, feel like I would be the same dude or I would be close to the same person I have been in my career, then I would absolutely go back and play for the Titans. But if I don't think I can be him, then what do.
Speaker 1: You think you could be him? And they sit you down and talk about a.
Speaker 2: Hut they cut, Well, I'd have to value how much is that pay Turt?
Speaker 1: How much is everything?
Speaker 2: Because there is there is a level of when you play this game long enough and you make the paychecks I've been able to make, like the balances of what's worth it and what's not for your health does play a lot into especially having a five year old and a mater ye old now.
Speaker 1: And it's yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, if I can be the same player or close to the same player I have been in the past, then yes, I would go back and play for the Titans. But if I really don't think, if I think, hey, like this is not necessarily like I'm not going to be who I thought I could be. I'm not going to watch the demise of myself. I said on a case podcast, I'm not gonna watch the demise of Taylor Lawan. I'm not gonna be a dude. That's like he's hanging on. He's here, he is again, He's doing it again. You know what happened to Taylor? He was great, but then this happened and that happened, and he's he's still in the league. Damn me, he's still in the league. Now, I just want to be the dude that's like remembered as a guy, you know. So I just think, like with you with your career, like you will always be looked as Delaney Walker, someone who helped change the franchise of the Titians.
Speaker 4: Because I never went nowhere else and played and had it now fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it was just like, hey, like the abrupt end came for you. And if this is that situation to be a similar thing, I'd be looked at as a guy who is argably the best tackle in Titan's history. I would be a guy that helped change the culture of an entire team. And that is something that from a legacy standpoint, I am incredibly proud of, incredibly proud of.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And that's a good way to go because if you go and go somewhere else for less than you keep getting hurt, you keep puttering along, then all of a sudden You're like, like Jason Peters, who's on Dallas Cowboys practice squad at forty years old.
Speaker 1: It's like, what's going on with Jason Peters? You know what I'm saying? And I got mad love and respect much respect for him.
Speaker 5: I saw him yes on the Dallas I thought he was done too, like and then I saw he was going to Dallas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, first bout Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: But I think he went to the peace squad because uh, Tyron Smith got injured right, Yeah, he got a hamstrand Hampshire right away, but he didn't do that to Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Mayfeel Yeah, when they off waivers, that's a different situation. Here's a free agent for a long time. I still don't think he's a forty year old man and put him on practice squad unless something's up.
Speaker 3: But that that's that's that's that's that's why the rules are like now right, the way that they can manipulate the roster. It's like put him on practice squad from David Johnson was just on practice squad not too long and got.
Speaker 1: Doing with everybody. They put everyone on practice for a week or two weeks, and then you have to make a decision. You're gonna activate. Yeah, just you gotta be Johnson on it. I mean four years ago he was the best you got traded for like a second round pick, right, that was the d hop trade.
Speaker 3: Well this is the this is the Yeah. Some dudes are just they just want to play ball. Some teams you can be the man on in another office you go to and you just not don't fit that system. You just have the man and that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: And I see it the line, I see casts gold places and I'm like, dude, what happened to him? It's just the system that then, or the coach don't like him, or I can't. I hate to say the other coach you don't like him, but sometimes you know your coaches, and I always.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the coach doesn't like him, and that's okay. But the amount of times you hear the coach doesn't fuck with me, I'm like, you're a fucking liar through maybe that ship I call that's the whole thing. Man, the coaches and fuck with me, man, I've seen you drop the ball.
Speaker 3: Don't pretend like with coaches for anybody that's good. I know I was exactly baddest student in high school. I was probably one of the baddest kids in high school at my high school, and the coaches love me. They hated me, but they love me.
Speaker 5: You get what I'm saying, Like they would not let me date they daughters if they had, if I had the opportunity and be like, hell know, he gonna get shot before he eighteen, Like that's what they thought, you know what I mean? But they football player? Yeah, I mean, can you send me a FaceTime video to my student?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember I was Remember I wasn't gonna be though.
Speaker 3: But because more often than not, it's something that you like, you basically hurt your own situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: It's not. Usually the only time a coach doesn't like the players.
Speaker 3: If their personalities clash and the coach is trying to like build something culturally inside that they're like, yeah, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: This dude seems like he's he can if you're good enough. But sometimes does not matter. Sometimes he goes to be too big on that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: With Malarkey, Malarkey and I didn't like each other, and I liked it, but he made it a point.
Speaker 1: I made it a point to be disrespectful to him.
Speaker 4: He can't do nothing, though, but they.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do nothing. You can't do nothing. You were you were like you were the investment. Yeah, but I was still in my rookie contract then yeah.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, he's not gonna you were the guy like you were starting and you were the first round draft pick, Like he's not gonna be able to implement what he if he didn't like you, or if you were kind of on the cuffs, like if Delaney was old the new coach came in and raved didn't fuck with you, and he's like, I'm building the fucking culture. You're either in or you're out, or you want to miss practice a lot. You're somebody you can make an example of. If you feel good about who you got to mind you, Oh, that'd be big news. But then John Yu and fergl you know, we come up, but it'd be like a situation like that.
Speaker 5: I feel like no, and you're right, Like you gotta think Malarkey was a headstrong coach and at that time, Taylor was was coming to who he was and Malarkey don't like kind of like that, like.
Speaker 1: He wants everybody if the line was like this, everybody need to be on the line. You know what I'm saying. It ain't gonna be like that.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna be like nah, we all gonna be even.
Speaker 5: And that's because that's how the only reason why I know, because he was my tight end coach and he'll be like you may be here, but we all here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what I'm saying, malarkey, him as a tight ends coach and him as a head coach. People dramatically differ.
Speaker 4: You're different, very different.
Speaker 5: Awful because like I'm not gonna see her in line. Like when he was my tight end coach, like a father to me, you know what I'm saying. I loved him, Yeah, like he was drink beer, will here, bring bear, his family taught. We have some good conversations in the type. But when he became the head coach, I kind of got scared of him, you know what I'm saying. It was like, what can I tell him now? I don't want to because he looked at it differently. You know, if you tell him something now, it's kind of offending him, Like, oh wait, I'm the head coach.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be talking to me like that.
Speaker 5: So I kind of got scared of Malarkey when he became the head coach because he did change a little bit.
Speaker 4: Like Taylor said, he was a whole different.
Speaker 2: Difference between Mike Malarkey as a tight ands coach and the head coach. When he was a Titans coach. I be head coach, He'd be like, calling Mike, you're in the league. I would call him Mike. And he became the head coach a weakened him being the head coach.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey Mike.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, it's coach. It was that dramatic of a difference. He was awful, dude. I'm so you hate to see him switch up, like the only the only issue with Mike getting fired was Russ Grim also having to leave because.
Speaker 5: He was the He didn't want y'all know he got fired because of that, right. He didn't want Russ to leave. Any't want Terry to leave.
Speaker 1: I think it was more Terry than Russ. We had a great off line.
Speaker 4: Think it was morer too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard no, I heard that. I heard they were like, hey, you got to fire Terry and he's like, I'm not gonna. I also heard he was out no matter what I know.
Speaker 1: I he called me and he said he was in. And then I a day later, I heard that, Okay, so this is what I heard.
Speaker 2: I heard before Kansas City in twenty seventeen, they're like, if you don't win this game, you're out. But I heard that John already made that decision in his head, like he's done him and Amy already talked. He won against Kansas City. We got our we got our asses kids against the Patriots. After that, I heard what you what you just said? I heard that, hey, you can stay, but you have to release.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard it was I heard it was we're bisky. But then someone else said it was the whole coach staff. They wanted him to fire the whole coaching staff, and he said he wouldn't do it. And I don't know, but I heard it was Terry or like they need to get rid of Terry but him and Terry was like, Harry's the man too.
Speaker 1: I love man.
Speaker 5: Terry still be texting me sometimes Terry and him was like this. But then when I was like, damn, he wouldn't just just fired Terry, Terry would have understood that.
Speaker 1: Got to understand. It's the business the business. If he had set him in his office is to Terry this situation. They told me, I'd have to fire you, Like it just is what it is, buddy, you gotta go, you gotta go, but just what it is. And then everybody was like, oh, it just wasn't Terry. It was everybody.
Speaker 5: And I was like, he definitely wasn't gonna fire russ I. At the end of the day, he can't fire that dude is to go.
Speaker 1: He couldn't do it. He's the best, He's the best coach I've ever had. Couldn't do it. So I like, Hall of Famer all of that. You he can't do it.
Speaker 2: Changed the off ofs the line. I know the year he got there twenty sixteen, we were the best office line the league.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, they dugg So obviously if he he not gonna fire that man, I guess he gotta go.
Speaker 4: So he loyal. He loyal to his family, his friends.
Speaker 1: And one loyal to me. He was not, dude, I remember something happened. He loved me though he loved you.
Speaker 2: That's why it's a funny conversation to have with you, because we have two dramatic different viewpoints.
Speaker 1: On Mike.
Speaker 4: I know, but when he became the head coach, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: When he became to hitch up big time, I was scared to talk to him when he became the head coach.
Speaker 2: So he something happened. We played Detroit when we won, like last second, I think, who was the dude that played for Houston for a long time? Playing the team for like oh Andre Andre Johnson. Yes, he made it the last catch, and I like, I played well that game. But oh that Friday, I started yelling at Mollarkey, like he and I got an argument. Remember he kicked me out of practice. Oh yeah, mister, when you were talking about like when you're so mad you can't do nothing that he legit start crying. I went into his office and I was like, I don't understand it. I don't know why you come at me like I'm doing the best I can to help like this team, blah blah blah, and I'm legit crying at him. I was so mad, so mad, and he just looked at me and goes, that seems like your problem and sent me out.
Speaker 1: From then on, I was like, fuck this guy.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like if he's seen himself and y'all like players. He treated y'all like that because something like I don't know, because he would show us like footage of him playing and he kind of was like that the white dude that worked hard and yeah yeah, he would just be like he would treat them the worst.
Speaker 2: And he treated Supernow real bad, real bad, really bad. Superno was like, no matter what you knew, that kid was gonna throw his head into people before supernown got comfortable, because I think that the last year he got a little too comfortable, got in too much of a home when Supernoll was like chipping my shoulder back against the wall, super Doll, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, the dog go pass.
Speaker 5: I go fight anybody, hit anybody, and pass it as hard as he can. Layout do the most dirtiest stuff.
Speaker 1: Bro. Bro, What did he say to that one Canadian kid? Bro? Because none of us liked him. I know she would go hard, getting practice hard.
Speaker 2: He was like tackling dude and practice like yo, fucking stop. And he was like Supernos one day, gets up to practice, gets up in the team meeting and Mark's like Philip, Superno wants to say something, and superanizs like, hey, guys, I want to apologe apologize to you.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think he said racial slur.
Speaker 4: I think he called him a dirty Muslim.
Speaker 2: He say dirty he said Muslim, but the way he said it, the way he was talking like in the meeting, I'm like, Yo, does Philip call somebody the nword?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Because that's what he was like. Man, they came to me like, oh, he Phillip said something racist. I said, what do he say? They was like, I'm like, he he what he say? And he was like he said something I don't even know.
Speaker 2: It's like I think he said Muslim, Muslim or something, but all he said was Muslim.
Speaker 5: And I'm like what I was like, But this dude can see every black song, every every he ain't got no racist in this.
Speaker 1: I say. He crazy as hell, yeah, but he ain't racist. Because they all wanted me.
Speaker 5: They all wanted me to do something to him, and I'm like, I ain't doing nothing to feel like y'all don't do something to him.
Speaker 1: Probably was your best friend of the team.
Speaker 5: It was my best friend. Yeah, that's why they would come cross. Every time phil did something dirty to somebody, they.
Speaker 3: Came and cried to me. I'm like, tell him, Yeah, talk to him. What are y'all scarful as?
Speaker 1: Tell him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I mean, I don't know, Phil got it. He got a problem, you know what I mean? He re ready to fight all the time and do the craziest stuff. So I think everybody on the team was just like shook or feel a little bit because what he did in practice, Like he when Phil first got there, I was like, man, dude, you're gonna get hurt.
Speaker 4: I used to tell him, Hey, slow down, bro, like you're going four.
Speaker 1: Board, go run fifty yards downfield?
Speaker 3: Fifty yards downfield? Kickoff returns just hit somebody. He was he was injured when I was there, Yeah, bro, basically just talked about how.
Speaker 1: That was when he was That was when he was getting comfortable.
Speaker 2: That when you got there is when Phil like kind of like he got a little dog kind of left a little bit and he was more like all right, like I've they.
Speaker 5: Gave him to like that for so long. Yeah, they gave him two million. Once they gave him the money, he he kind of shut it down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a Phil's listening to this, that's toughing friend to here. No, you know, he gave him that two mil My boy, was like, hey, I'm the third not the fourth. Yeah, bro.
Speaker 2: He would fucking grind though we had a sixteen seventeen real yeah, sixteen for real, Like we were.
Speaker 1: Just hated him. Oh hated it, hated him, hated.
Speaker 4: They still hate Philter.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like the same thing you were saying with your boys on defense. With me, they hey, we'll get your boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah oh yeah, sitting down on that side like Jarell or not Darell, because Darell was more towards your like Rack and Dan Morgan Wood and stuff to be, hey, calm get your boy.
Speaker 1: I bet what's he doing. They talked about you either scrapping with Jarell or like doing something. I'm just thinking like once a year, me and me to do games.
Speaker 5: They would be like, man, what's up with seventy seven? I'd be like, he always talking taking his helmet, office.
Speaker 1: My fucking in hair.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but he calmed down. You started to calm down. Used to be now, I used to be Taylor because Taylor be bro. They would have like talking it to that. I'm like we in a huddle, Taylor in that that playing Oakland.
Speaker 1: That Herbstreet was getting you on that one. Yeah, Herbstreet came Hurvestreet came after him. Yeah one time for that.
Speaker 2: It was against Oakland, right, Yeah, It's such a funny situation in Herpstreet because I love him, we're good friends.
Speaker 1: Now come on the bus, and I know he will, he absolutely will.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he did like called me a fake tough guy, like I'm the reason this and that like went at me hard that damn. He really fucking killing me right there. And then he did apologize at a press game. But I legit had a slim shading myself after that game.
Speaker 1: No you, you had to like tweet like, hey, I'm I'm the problem, No you, I'm the fucking issue. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I just had a couple of times I got a bunch of penalties against Kansas City one year two, and I had a slim shady myself then, because that's how you get him, bro, if you fucked up and you're like, yeah, I'm a fucking paller, everyone's like.
Speaker 6: I remember like four times people were like, don't even think about fucking tweeting Taylor after like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, because I used to get penalty.
Speaker 1: Is any fight breakout here?
Speaker 4: Come hit people?
Speaker 5: Like running to the crowd face first, all in the I'm like Taylor, and then I don't know, out of nowhere the one game Marcus get hit, I see Taylor sitting on the floor.
Speaker 1: Bro, Denver, that was the Denver Broncos. I'm like, where the hell does Taylor? No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Marcus. It was Harry Douglas. He does Harry sleep har Yeah, in the in the knee and he had to go out for a play and he was like, I'm gonna get your ass and the next play I keep like tossing everybody big fight. Once I realized it was Marcus, I was like, I gotta say, I sat in the fifty yard line just they wanted.
Speaker 3: You to be they wanted you to be better, so you're like being over your man like extra, I turn around. He indian sturs middle hold that picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like my my coaches said I couldn't play with the other and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That was because I remember a big fight breaking out and my hand like perfect opportunity and I literally sat there like this like this sitting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look like because I'm used to saying Taylor just come I'm gonna usually grab tailor like he.
Speaker 1: Was always on the grab man there A No, that's what I was hurt right there. I'm right in there, sitting there forty yards away. Yes, on the fifty yards you out of the scuffle.
Speaker 6: That's the Tennessee siting snapchat, little bro.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I can't believe that.
Speaker 3: Like all the dudes who have extra antics, like after playing stuff, the labels just easily to.
Speaker 1: Say it's fake tough guy. Yeah, because anytime I've been in another room and they're going over the old line.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's all decordinate would say, go ahead, seventy seven back. Yeah, he's good, he can do some good things, but he look, he's a fake tough guy.
Speaker 1: You just got to get in his head. But Taylor would get my head. That's what he was doing.
Speaker 5: Like, that's what I say when That's why I would let him do his talking for a little bit. But then when Marcus to be like get Taylor, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, Taylor, man, come on, get Prance back over press over Yo.
Speaker 2: That was so much fun. And then the Seahawks say when they hit Marcus, oh my god, she was easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that game was wildest game. They was like, Bro, they were that was the dirtiest game. I think we've never playing game.
Speaker 3: And it was like all the white dudes just calling them the N words. They were like Phil called me the N word.
Speaker 1: Remember he was like, repond, you were saying what all the white they came to me and said, all the white dudes say that. Michael Bennett, Michael Bennant was saying that. He's like, what you call me? It's like, what do you mean? You just said the N word? Like, whoa why say that?
Speaker 3: They were saying that, Bro, are you how you went? How you cool with them saying in word? I saying, no one said the N word. Brokeep saying they like eighty nine just said the N word.
Speaker 1: I'm like, maybe Bill, maybe he's like I didn't say the N word. They mad, Yeah, this ship was crazy, dude, And was kJ right on the scene right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here he comes right now.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, like do you say anything? You just kind of like must getting this fair. I don't know. I was probably just saying whatever. I think we just getting in his face that schwinky pulling me off.
Speaker 2: Right, No, that's sanky. That was a Brian schwanky. I go up to him in a second.
Speaker 1: Two. That was crazy, Marcus the best dude. Just Tom on the ass, dude.
Speaker 2: Look bro still bro Chancellor, they had a fucking yeah. That was That was like the ending of Legion to Boom, Like that's when we were still there.
Speaker 4: We destroyed it.
Speaker 2: They were still that we did dummy them. There was a play to where someone got held up and it was like five yards in the old line, just like dove in there and fucking smoked like we got like five more yards steal the game.
Speaker 5: They was trying to fight the whole game. I'm like, bro, after we started winning, they were just trying to fight. They was on field though they kept they was on field even after the game. It was on me, Like what a eighty nine said that? I said, Bro, I if they stayed on that eighty nine kicked the entirety.
Speaker 1: No, I feel doesn't say that.
Speaker 4: I don't think he said it, Bro, I just think he said so.
Speaker 1: Lena Calendia was definitely a dude that he'd be like that. Man, you could say it, go ahead and say it, like just trying to kind of guy.
Speaker 5: When I was in high school, I went to an all Blood high school right like gang blood in Blood neighborhood. Everywhere we played Crypt Crip schools, even though I was in the Crip neighborhood. Every time we played the Crypt school blood, they like, hold up, no, I'll be like, no, blood, Like, that's how you get people. You gotta you gotta make them mad the game. This game is can get people angry, and when they angry, they don't do what they supposed to do.
Speaker 4: They get out of character. So I used to be that guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell for men, call him a nigga. I don't care, like you know what I'm saying. We're gonna win the game, trying to win the game.
Speaker 1: Were trying to win that game, Gonna hurt them, loving war.
Speaker 3: Trying to win together. If he gonna get thrown off by that, go on call him. You're high school over said it though Phil never said it, so you basically encouraged Phil to say him, let's go back to your high school. Great, there were blood in Crypt schools. Yeah, all bludding, all crap, crib, all blood. Yeah, it's the neighborhood you live in. If you live in that neighborhood, blood neighborhood, you ain't gonna go to a blood blood school if you're a crib, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we're getting we're getting educated right now. Yeah, So California you got neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Comings for you know, probably just like look at Dayne if you're Taeler's just sitting there and counch with us and he's a blood and cryptoc.
Speaker 5: Right, California you got just just different neighborhoods and certain neighborhoods. The schools is right in that gang neighborhood, so you more likely to see that gang if you go to that school.
Speaker 4: So that's what is pretty much was.
Speaker 5: And I went to Pomona High and it was a known blood school because it was in the Islands.
Speaker 1: And I know y'all know what that means, but that's what they call islands in Caladoria. Yeah, there's an islands. Califul talking about talk about neighborhoods. And I lived in the North Side.
Speaker 4: I lived in the North Side, in like ghost town area, so it's like.
Speaker 5: They I went to a blood school pretty much, you know, but everyone liked me because I didn't really bang like that and I would play football, so what you.
Speaker 1: Mean didn't bang like that? Just like a part time job because like you go back back to where your environment, that's where you is. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I never really had to bang because they all knew I was a good football player and then no one really could beat me up in my neighborhood, so they couldn't make me be a game banger. But I hung out with them, so I'm affiliated with them because people saw me with them, you know what I mean, That's how it was.
Speaker 4: But they didn't mean I was a game banker. It was just them my friends.
Speaker 5: And you associated about who you hang out with, and that's just how it is in the city. So yeah, pretty much, I just went to a blood school.
Speaker 2: And did you talk about the last podcast how you to get your whole neck tattoo? Because people were like, hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you get it's dark on my neck.
Speaker 5: The dark spots is because I had a Rest in Peace baby Casper and I was but he was talking about another Casper, that's the big homie. The other one he was talking about was the little Casper, so uh, he got killed and I had that on my neck. And when I was getting drafted, they was asking me about it, like it's that gang ties while you have that on your neck if you ain't in a gang.
Speaker 4: So I covered it up.
Speaker 5: So I want to be questioning it because they I was supposed to go in the fourth round in the draft, and I dropped all the way to the sixth. They told me they had his concerns about me, you know, being I got in a lot of fights in school and then the tattoos on my neck and all this stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So they was concerned about You're like the number one player, right, Yeah, I was a number one player at my school. Obvious a small school, but yeah nationally you know what I'm talking about in high school? Oh, high school.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where I was ranked that in high school?
Speaker 1: Can you pull that up? Was that high school? Probably? We're getting, like you a major offers, right, you got you got in trouble, But I don't think I was ranked high in so you you were a problem growing up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got it. I was on probation for two years. I got a solemn battery case so I couldn't leave the state.
Speaker 3: Talking about like you get seen with gang members, you get associated kind of like, oh damn, he just got But now it just sounds like you just got.
Speaker 1: Some trouble cool photo. That ain't me.
Speaker 4: I don't think I was ranked on them. Yeah, it was probably too long ago.
Speaker 1: Brook That is Delanny Walker a Hall of Famer? Probably not because what what school did you go to? Missouri?
Speaker 3: Central Missouri State, Central Missouri State, Warrensburg.
Speaker 1: Hey, I bet you had a hell of a time there, the hell of a time, buddy. What is it like there?
Speaker 4: Party town?
Speaker 1: It's like they got one street like Broadway is lit? Really warn Missouri?
Speaker 5: Yeah you got a member. I'm coming from California. Like we always had white people around, but I never partied with them. I went to Missouri. It was like if you was black, you played sports. Everybody else was white. So it was just like, let me see how they do. I've never been in the drinking beer. I'm talking about penny picture Wednesdays. We drinking beer out. Any picture with Wednesdays was the most firest time because you going there with a couple of quarters and I get about twenty pictures put on the table drinking natty.
Speaker 4: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I never drank beer nothing, So I want to the white boy wasting all this. And I lived with five white dudes. They used to be like, bro, we never lived with a black guy before, We never even had a black guy on her.
Speaker 5: Back at You're the craziest black guy we ever. Man, I'll be like you damn right, you know, and I will be chewing. They got me chewing. I got turned out. I ain't even gonna lie. I got turned out some dip bro. I used to wear five X pro clubs, big old forty jeans. Remember that was when I moved in with them. Everything slammed up. They was like, you ain't gonna never get a white girl dressed like that, like y'all, hey, y'all. So then I started switching everything up because just in Missouri where I was at, it was just it just you know, I was it out for sure. I sat out. Oh yeah, I stood out. So I just try to fit in. And I had a great time too. It's central. I ain't even gonna lie. It was some of the best.
Speaker 2: When you said you were switching up all that, like when you would go back home, but you're your friends back home.
Speaker 5: I wearing the same They like, well you putting the homies on, Like yo, y'all gotta get on these this armrecumbri fit whatever.
Speaker 1: Y'all gotta get on it. They like, what is I'm like, yeah, bro, I know you're putting the whole Pomona.
Speaker 5: You're putting on that. I'm like, it's gonna look funny. We walk in that store, it's gonna look like a surf store. It's gonna have all the surfer white boy posters up. But the clothes fit perfectly, trust me, and we all we started changing up our stuff.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious all times, so fine.
Speaker 5: And the forty jeans, we ain't enough for that. That ain't gonna get you nowhere, you know what I'm saying. So start fitting, getting a little fitted, you know, making jeans just a little fit, not too fitted back then, but they was fitted a little bit.
Speaker 1: You gotta work your way into the tight hand. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You had to just go from the super baggies to the straight tight. Yeah, suspect, now you know what I mean. So we we dated by steps, but I came back home put all my casts on that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: We start going to the Barringtone Co Factory. I'm like, yo, they've got they got everything. Because we used to go to the indoor swap meet and just get everything from the swap meet that's all.
Speaker 4: We knew we wasn't going to a real mall.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Uh do you want to do? Do you want to tear talk with us?
Speaker 3: We want to put him in our our our our tier, talking our normal conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you're talk shouting for a shout out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should listen to tear talk. So tear talk is categorized here. One is the best, two and three?
Speaker 1: Okay, so whatever? What's the category today? Holiday themed? Question? Mark?
Speaker 3: What do we want to do when a holiday theme? JP threw out like four different options. I'll read them.
Speaker 1: Should we do Christmas songs?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like Christmas songs? Christmas may be better than me on this? On this, Chris, let's do it. There's no there's no like, it's yours. There's yeah, yeah, okay, references.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because yeah. I told y'all. Memory done.
Speaker 1: From my phone, been charging.
Speaker 4: Memory is done right now, bro.
Speaker 2: I know my three already for Christmas songs, though I need to figure out my third. Ladies and gentlemen, we are now still with Delaney Walker. Usually the boys just do this on their own, but he has been gracious enough to grant us with a tier Talk of his own. Today's tear Talk will be Christmas Songs, your three favorite Christmas songs, all put through Tier one, twos, and threes. Obviously, honorable mentions are allowed. I hope you all enjoy this.
Speaker 1: We are now going to.
Speaker 2: Take just a few minutes and figure it out. Maybe do an ad reed right now. We interrupt this podcast to bring you an ad read. This is from the Nashville Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Listen up and listening closely because you don't want to end up like one of those people we all know. Did you know that driving high is considered driving under the influence?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Driving under the influence of marijuana is against the law in every state, even states where marijuana is legal. That means driving high could get you a duy. And if you think law enforcement officers can't tell when you're driving high, you're wrong. Your friends can tell, your coworkers can tell, even your parents can tell. Everyone can tell. So what makes you think that law enforcement officers don't know when you're driving high? Driving under the influence of marijuana can slow your response time and change how you perceive time and speed. So even if you think you're fine to drive when you're high, you're not because the bottom line, the bottom line is if you feel different, you drive different, and driving high is driving under the influence. So remember drive high. Get it DUI paid for paid for by n HTSA. That was the oddest at to the episode.
Speaker 1: That was the oddest. That was actually good.
Speaker 4: It's really elementary, but it was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was actually one of the better ones I've ever read. Very good. Huh. Yeah they did that, Yeah, they did a good job. You have a pretty tough experience with driving an influence.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. My auntie and uncle were killed by a drunk driver.
Speaker 1: After the Super Bowl, right, super Bowl? Yeah, tough man.
Speaker 2: For those of you don't put people in the situations, de Landy Walker has been one individual has been affected by that.
Speaker 1: Millions every day are affected. Once again, back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can go first. Oh you're ready? Yeah, all right, go for if you're gonna do honorable mention, do that first. But you start from your bottom.
Speaker 1: And go to the top.
Speaker 4: Oh, from my bottom to the top.
Speaker 1: Yes, we don't want to know your best one first.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, okay, so my bottom one is gonna be jingle Bell Rocks.
Speaker 1: This is your honorable mention. Yeah, all right, you're three? Is that number three? Is that at four three two one three? Okay, that's you're here three jingle Bell Rocks.
Speaker 5: Who uh, this is going to the artist. This is gonna be by Captain Santa Claus and your tier two, My Tier two is gonna be underneath the tree, Bye bye, wrapping in red. I don't know who these artists are. I'm not I'm not savvy on the artists. And then my top one is I saw my mama kissing Santa Claus by Jackson five.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. So my mama kisses St. Claus one. Well for the word.
Speaker 10: Fun m m, cultured, festive mm hmm, golden classics happy.
Speaker 1: That was a good job. All right, yeah cool man.
Speaker 3: My uh, my honorable mention is going to be Last Christmas. Who uh, Fortunately I have this.
Speaker 1: Let's right here. Wham oh, that's a good one. Last Christmas by wham My Tier three Tip of the Cap Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, so banger.
Speaker 3: When you were young and when you started to hit that remix, when you started to get up in elementary school, maybe around fourth grade, fifth grade, like, oh, there's some some ad libtd this a little bit. I think rut Off, the Red Nose, The Red.
Speaker 1: Nose Reindeers phenomenal, the people, all of us.
Speaker 3: Man. My Tier two is is I feel like it is the banger that starts right when, right when, right when Thanksgiving ends, like this is when you start turning it up.
Speaker 1: All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. You get that one going, you start bolling it.
Speaker 3: You just you're in it is you, and then you hear the jingles and then you just like, you know, okay, should start getting hype.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: My favorite Christmas song of all time? Tier one is uh uh baby It's cold outside by who.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Michael Bubla bing Crosby. Is that now the Frank sin Oscra does one and bing Crosby does one.
Speaker 1: I love baby It's cold out. Say you do the baby it's cold outside? Yeah? That is the uh I love it. It's got some essay on it, dude, all right, it doesn't feel like it gets some some heat like, hey, should we cancel this? Uh bo? Say what's in this drink? Baby? It's cold outside? Yes, you've got to come after I'm like, man, yeah, you know, it's a little song. He basically just like, hey, you gotta stay. You know what are you in this being persistent? No, you can't leave? Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe maybe that is try to cancel it? Yeah, a little watch all right, I want me to go, yeah, you got it? Hang on, yeah, go ahead, strong.
Speaker 4: Romantic.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that he was ready for that word. We're off the red nose, right and yeah you want to hit that. He did have a shiny nose like a light bulb ornie. You played two? Yeah, yeah, had name what same? Same what? Same as him? Canceled bangers. I like that. That was good. That was really good.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm drawing a blank because I have my four and I kind of forgot him.
Speaker 3: That's what happened on A Baby is Cold. I so I had so many coming to my Santa Baby as you were seeing.
Speaker 1: Hear me. Fuck, all right, give me a second. Cut this part out so I can just think for a second. All right, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: My honorable mention goes to one of Will's and it is a banger when you put it on in Thanksgiving and it comes out and her voice hits and That's All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey and I'm so disappointed. I can't put it in my tears. I'm so upset. But I think when that song comes on, it's something that everyone enjoys and low key you pause it. You pause it in the middle of the song, go Yo, she's really that fucking good. Yes, it's unbelievable. That is an amazing song. My Tier three goes to the King Himself and that's Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: He's not sitting that buddy. That is a little romantic. It makes you yeah, Christmas. That is a nice fucking deal. My Tier two is going to Michael Bouble when you Just wanted to Stay, and that is baby It's cold outside. I think that song is a fucking hitter. I love it, and if they cancel it, I'm gonna have to get that thing on LimeWire.
Speaker 1: Or some ship.
Speaker 2: So I make sure that things needs my playlists forever, dude, because I do love that song and my Tier one I play it, uh the day Things Givings over until Christmas in the locker room on repeat, and that song is being Mike bing Crosby and the song is called Christmas is a Coming and that is my tier talk.
Speaker 1: Learn it off GEG classics and was always used us he jolly intimate traditional, warm, Oh.
Speaker 2: That will make me feel nice. That was a nice tear talk. Boys, that was a nice tears It's a.
Speaker 1: Good tear talk.
Speaker 3: Should do our other favorite segment, which is shout out, no free shadowt of them.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be a little more difficult. He's got to go last if he wants to do shouting out.
Speaker 1: You can understand it.
Speaker 3: Shout out of the week, your shout out, no free shutout. It doesn't that it can be a person a thing like to get perspective. A couple of weeks ago, I shouted out water bottles in your car that start to get cold during.
Speaker 1: The winter month.
Speaker 3: Underappreciate the little words that you don't think about that you might do on an everyday basis.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? Shall we? Yeah? Shall we?
Speaker 2: He is there time for our favorite segment of the week, shout Out of the week. As always, we start with our man in blue Blossie, what you got king?
Speaker 12: My shoutout this week goes to something that's probably knocking to bet on. It's probably something that I only do and never heard. No, not brough perty, but hey, shout out brought pretty. But I just recently started doing this, especially with like audio books, and that's a listening to an audio book in the gym. I think that's super underrated. I don't think very many people do. It might be unpopular, but shout out to uh, listening to an audio book in the gym?
Speaker 6: O good but interesting? Interesting, Jackie baby, what you got? I want to do a Christmas shout out, but there's time for that. So I'm gonna do some of my experience yesterday and it goes along with the Titans fan base, but it's a specific genre of the Titans fan base. Obviously, the game did not go the way we wanted it to, but shout out to the fans that do not exit the stadium with a minute left and the third quarter, even if the score were down sixteen to eighteen points. People stick it out. They run up, they get one more beer before the sales close for the fourth quarter. They go enjoy it, you know, they cheer the team on. We see a nice shake catch with the helmet catch two point. You know, cheer the team on and don't just fucking bail. So shout out to those fans myself included sticking it out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to me. So, yeah, that is a great.
Speaker 3: We need to clip that too and make sure that gets out there on the internet and make sure people know.
Speaker 1: People got to know.
Speaker 2: I was at the Stanley Cup Finals for the Press when they were losing to the Penguins, and that same ship happened beginning of the third period. People just start leaving them tailings, like tailing him me with did you do you want to leave? I was like, fuck, no, dude, we are staying and we're gonna enjoy this.
Speaker 1: You don't know why are you leaving so disrespectful? I did too.
Speaker 4: I watched them get the tick.
Speaker 1: Bro flooding out. Dude, it's a terrible it's a terrible feeling. Good on you, Jack, Good on you boys? Makes you baby? Way you're up? What do we got? I'm going to go more of a Christmas holiday route.
Speaker 7: I'm sure every family has ease or whether it's you're with your family or it's like with a group of friends.
Speaker 1: Uh, that is a holiday tradition.
Speaker 7: Whether it's like a family Christmas party, you do you go get your Christmas tree at a certain thing, or like you have like a cookie day. One thing my family does is or my friends do, uh like, we go to my buddy's house in New Jersey and he's in like a tight little neighborhood, and we go Christmas caroling.
Speaker 1: Uh well like runt out the back of a bar.
Speaker 7: Uh enjoy a few beverages and then go walk around his neighborhood and with like a trailer with like a keg or something in it, we'll go knock on doors, uh like sing some songs to him.
Speaker 1: Normally it's just like off the Red Nose Reinde. Yeah, your stereotypical Frosty the Snowman. Yep. Classic. I bet you can belt it out too. Oh yeah, you have a little liquid courage and you definitely can.
Speaker 3: No questions, but those classics with a gig that such a white boy moved in That.
Speaker 1: That's a nice that's a that's the north. I had kegs in Missouri stacked up to the ceiling out, Garrett, what merch we shout out today? Got? What kind of heat we got? Kid? I don't know, but are you foreshadowing with the Atlanta shirt on?
Speaker 8: I was?
Speaker 1: I saw that been the dream alive boy you repping the year ten dirty boys. I got you, kid, I got you.
Speaker 13: My shout out, the Loto free shout out this week is going to go to something we all experience and I'm gonna have a hard time explaining it. But those little moments when you're by yourself that either like just make you smile or just like either you time, like the light up at the right time, you're like, you know, you're sitting there at the red light, like and green hits green.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the word is that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, little personal self victories that you know sometimes don't get shared with everybody.
Speaker 1: I like that, I like that, or I like that. Yeah, it's don't know how to word it.
Speaker 3: Because like sometimes when I when I'll take Rue and put her in in that car seat perfect, I literally look at Behy today is gonna be a good day exactly?
Speaker 1: Been that little momentum early in the game early, Yeah, yeah, those moments, Delenny.
Speaker 5: My shout out, no free shoutout is the glass tips that goes in backwoods just man, you know, just that clean, clean, free smoke.
Speaker 1: Man. That's nobody do. I don't think a lot of people do it.
Speaker 5: They should if you want that clean, positive smoke to go in so you can feel great with your backwoods them glass tips.
Speaker 1: Man. Just I don't know why people don't do it enough. Man, It's just like the best thing.
Speaker 4: Ever all that.
Speaker 1: Man, there's iconic that was outstanding.
Speaker 2: Every time somebody comes in for shout out, no free shutout, they have great ones.
Speaker 1: I know they do a good job. Yeah, a couple of people though, I know, But every time.
Speaker 3: It's been great, my shout out, no free shotout goes to I'm gonna be honest. I feel like there's part of me that wants to make sure JP hasn't said this one to me because it's written in my shoutouts list, and I don't want to snipe his if that's true.
Speaker 1: It's okay, he's not here to defend himself, okay.
Speaker 3: But my shout out, no free shot out goes to when you're driving on the highway and you're about to hit an Eggs and the Eggs has got all the spots that you're looking for when you're just road tripping.
Speaker 1: Has that been said? Yeah? Really all the spots.
Speaker 3: Mm different little moments, but it's different, like you're betting on yourself and your in your in your scenario, like am I going to settle for this subway and McDonald's, or am I going to try to take a trip down here and maybe find myself a chick fil Like.
Speaker 1: Here's the one. The success is coming to you.
Speaker 3: This one the success you already pulled up. You might not even be feeling it, but you're like, oh, this is this is where I'm stopping. Yeah, it's got the nice gas stations. So that's my shout out, no free shot out of the week. I felt I felt dicey saying that one for whatever reason, like maybe I felt like he wanted you can keep going because I took his word one time. Yeah I know, and it was outstanding, no great timing. It was.
Speaker 1: You cannot do it again. Y'all get a backwood plug, y'all, just let me get some of them, you know what I'm saying, He shout out backwoods, no free shout out. You might get one from that. You might get one. My shout out, no shadow of the week is.
Speaker 2: When you have a friend and you see that friend have success and knowing them before that success and like being able to be at their moment when they were able to have like their defining moment in their career, and that that came to us on Friday. Yes, being able to see Jelly Roll sell out Bridgetone Arena and have the moment he did.
Speaker 1: There was a moment I literally got choked up. He played.
Speaker 2: He came out of the gate hot, three banger songs, Boom, boom, boom, and he stops after that third song, kind of takes a second, and as he's taking a second, people are.
Speaker 1: Going jelly jelly, the whole fucking crowd.
Speaker 2: I got goosebumps right now, the whole crowd, fifteen thousand people are cheering his name, and you can tell he is truly taking that moment to realize everything he's done in his life that's led up to this, being dealing drugs, spending ten years in prison, watching the Music City Miracle from juvenile detention center, and now and being in his hometown selling out Bridge Stone Arena, one of the iconic places to sell out in Nashville, Tennessee. Took that moment and seeing the emotions on his face and him bringing up all his friends, whether it was Ernest or Hardy. He brought his wife up at one point it was just such a celebrated moment that he did incredibly well that we were lucky en at to be a part of and to know Jelly since like the beginning of doing this podcast, he legit was a fan of us and I didn't even know really about Jelly when I met. When I met him was like yeah, Thanksgiving, Yes, and I can't. I was like, I gotta start listening to this dude. And since then, the sense knowing him and there's low key like being his friend and watching him have the success he has is like a truly special moment. And so my shadow goes to, uh, pretty much a Jelly roll. I what an outstanding real dude.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he talked about it at the show, but apparently he did not donated all the proceeds that whole show to the Metro Juvenile Detention Center.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 6: It was like apparently like two and thirty seven thousand problems sold out.
Speaker 2: Bridging told me, yeah, I mean that was that he sold it out and with his contract the way it works, well, he was explaining us to music stuff like he made most of that money like that he.
Speaker 1: Gave he's like an independent artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't get got by nobody else, mainstream Society of Music, big Music, Big Music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah know what I'm saying, because his whole camp does everything for him, so that's the way they do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, he really is killing He really is killing it. I thought that was a phenomenal shout out. I thought you were also. I thought you might's going to talk about Ernest.
Speaker 3: I felt at the moment we were having with him on the couch when he's playing, like, you know, we don't want to give away any secrets, but he was playing some bangers to where it's like knowing him before that channel.
Speaker 2: That's a good one too, because he is gonna have Ernest has got something in the back that we can't talk about right now. But if he does what we what he's told us he might do, that's good. That's just gonna be cool as fun. Yeah, man, it's gonna be cool as fun. So we'll tell you guys afterwards. But yeah, its fire. It's somebud the creedy he sent me.
Speaker 1: That he sent me it by the way, really he texted me a little to the little memos. Yes I need them, but bro, but bro, his creative genius baying we were talking. Don't forgetting I know, I know, he wrote to South Park bro, we wrote an entire South Park episode about do we even talk about it? We can by that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to it, like it's already been two and a half. We got to get to the roadback. Last question, But that's true. This is a mount Bus Morris episode like this has been phenomenal for to have you back on when.
Speaker 1: You were number one, number one dude, we got into one hundred and ninety two to some weeds of your career. Just talk from perspectives. No, that was crazy, not being able to not seeing you in a couple of years too as outstanding. Lay my eyes on you. We did make it money. That was remember. I was like, we should we should write this down. It's that good. Yeah, damn you guys are hey those are you listening right now? You it's a banger. The south Park boys might need to hit us up. The BASEketball guys, they probably the episode. They it will be like an hour special. It is that good. All right, listen, this is the last question. We know you have to go. This is the roadback. Last question for those of you with Roadback.
Speaker 2: Use code boys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's our h O B A c K dot com and that code will be busting. Sorry, that code will be boys B O Y S. They work at the best college athletes, from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Mayer to B Jean Robinson. They also just dropped new performance joggers, so trust us, these things are gonna be worth it. So use code boys to get twenty percent off. That's rollback dot Com. Our question to you is top three tight ends in the game right now? And there's a there's a second question and the best one coming up. Who are the top three boys out there?
Speaker 4: Travis number one?
Speaker 1: Your boss?
Speaker 5: You don't think so? I mean Travis Cattle two, This Kettle is two, and then that's just how I say. Is now I got and then.
Speaker 1: Three right now, Greg Kettle Kettle? Who is who is three? Right now?
Speaker 5: Who is who's caught my eye at the third? I would have to say, that's a tough one. I'm not really sure who's been balling in the third.
Speaker 1: In the third place, he's a tight end. I can't say.
Speaker 5: I can't give you because you have one game. You can't boy from baltimoregs Andrews. You know what, Andrew's been balling. But I wanted to say, O buddy from Philly, but he got hurt because he started off ball. Yeah yeah, So I'll go with Andrews because the dude from Philly got hurt.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, it's backwards calf now he's in his last calf. So I go with Andrews.
Speaker 5: I think he he's at the top of his game right now, but for sure the top two and them boys, they can't be stopped.
Speaker 4: It's uh Travis and Kettle Kettle.
Speaker 1: Kettle Kettle has been hurt all year. Heard he's a beast of his new song.
Speaker 5: I'm doing it right now. You're talking about the game right now. Who's bawling right now? And that's that's who I got.
Speaker 1: You say Kelsey won right away? How far away is Kettle from Kelsey?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not too far away. But I feel like Travis is consistent every year. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's had like a thousand yards every year. He consistent every year. I gat, I just don't.
Speaker 5: I just don't see nobody else just really even comparing with him, especially with Patrick Mahomes right now and what they got and it ain't even got a really top tier receiver, So he's gonna keep getting fat.
Speaker 4: Now you look at the forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: I know Debo took an injury yesterday, but they still got players around they tight in that can take away from his numbers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's what I look at. Who's an up and comer and why is the teacher? I'm gonna think you don't think he's just nice? Yeah, I know, I think he's nice, But I'm gonna go with my own, my own teammate, Chig. I think Chig is up and coming. I think he just got it.
Speaker 5: I just I feel like he just gotta understand that it's the same as college.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You you that player. It got you here do what you was doing in college. And obviously the game is a.
Speaker 5: Little faster, but you have that ability to be that person like he gives us sprinkles of it, you know. It just gotta be more consistent. I think that'll come over years of him just being in the offense and and feeling comfortable and knowing that a you that guy, So we gonna need you to step up and I think he's starting to understand that. So I think Chigg is an up and comer, especially with the Titans and having Derek. He can be a role for his team and makes some big plays and also be up there in the top tier with the tight end.
Speaker 1: So that's got to make you feel good. I listen to that, right. Yeah, he was legit Walker in camp. He was legit doing that to guys too. I was like, Oh, this kid's gonna be somebody. Yeah. Yeah, I think he's gotten the reference to Landy Walker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I talked to him a proof right there. I think he got it. Man.
Speaker 5: We kind of look similar on the field the way we built. I just once he get his you were bigger than him, Yeah, I was bigger than him. But I think once he get his feet under him and and just really understand his role with the Titans, I think he gonna be gonna be big. He ain't gonna catch up the trafficks in them right away, but it'll come.
Speaker 1: He's also on the offense, huh, like Travis gets the ball every time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. He not able to do with Travis. If you watched Travis route Travis. But I watched Travis routs. You never know what he really doing because he'll run and it'll be someone he'll just stop and then he just.
Speaker 4: Throw them the ball. You know some of his routes not even routes, he just he was like me.
Speaker 5: And I say that because when you is creative and you got the ability to kind of freelance out there with the offense, that's how you get the plays. Like people will tell you all the time, I didn't run the exact route that they told me to run. I ran to get open. And that's what he does. He runs to get open until and when Chick understands that. But he can't do that now because he not that player. They'll get upset at him and like, you didn't even run the route. But once he get to that point where he like, I'm a run kind of the route, but I'm getting open, because that's what it's all about. If I just ran the route they told me, I would have been covered every time. But I did what I want to get the ball from Marcus. I'm like, I gotta get open. Marcus looking for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think once he understand that and get that ability, he just really need to watch.
Speaker 5: I will watch a lot of film with Travis too, just to understand that route running ability.
Speaker 1: And then how important is it to be on the same page as a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Very importucause you.
Speaker 3: Almost gotta think the way they do. It's like, Okay, he's seeing the covers, i'na sit right here.
Speaker 1: And that's where it comes down to.
Speaker 5: You really gotta be sync with your quarterback because you got to see what he's saying. If you see it's a dude sitting over there, what you think the quarterback see he's sitting over there, the dude standing right in his own don't run over there, because the quarterback gonna throw it to you. If you running over there, of course he gonna throw it over there. But if you stop and give him a landmark, he gonna he gonna make the right decision. And it sometimes it's always put on a quarterback, but it's the receiver far too.
Speaker 1: The quarterback don't have four eyes.
Speaker 5: He can't be looking over here while he reading the coverage and then he see you just crossing the field.
Speaker 1: He gonna throw the ball.
Speaker 4: He thinks you open.
Speaker 5: But you have the ability to look to the corner and see that he's sitting there. Stop slow down, dude, like don't run at full speed, kind of like slow yourself down so he can put it on you. You can make a move. It's just a lot of things that go into play, but I'll try. Was does that the best to me? That's That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That was that was good? That was an outstanding answer. Yeah. Yeah, just fine in a soft spot, just getting open, you know what I mean. Coach Bloss, Yeah, Coach BLOSSI back there, baby. Appreciate your brother podcasts.
Speaker 3: Everybody subscribe, do all the ship man leave comments, big hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 1: Yeah,