Speaker 1: I Am all in Again.
Speaker 2: I Am all in Again with Scott Patterson in iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Stars.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, it's so good to see everybody here. Too bad it's so freezing cold. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, just no kids. Those mothers work hard every single day. They're the most special people in the world. So thank you for coming. How do you like the pancakes so far? And listen get ready to fall in Love with Gilmore Girls all over again on Start TV so you can you can watch it on Start TV now. I think it's already on, so we've got that going. Here we go. These are the pancakes, huh this? And you're gonna be able to buy these pretty soon at the WB Studio store dot com. And there's also a twenty fifth anniversary blend that you're gonna love, So there you go. You might be enjoying that right now. You know, Mother's Day is a day that is very special to me. I lost my mother in two thousand and eight, and I think she'd be proud of me. She made me everything I am today from our long talks in our tiny little kitchen, drinking Folger's freeze dried coffee crystals, and we didn't really map out this scenario, but it was something big and that I had big dreams and she encouraged it. And every time I walked out the door from the time I can remember to go do what I was doing, she would say one thing to me, and that was give him hell son. And I've tried to teach my own son to do that, to walk out the door and try your best, because that's what she meant. As we were driving into the studio today with my wife and son, and I was looking at my wife saying, what a wonderful mother she has been to our son. There was a movie poster at the red light before we were to turn into Gate two of a Formula one. It's Brad Pitt's new movie. And my wife was fixated on that for some reason. I can't figure it out. And I said, hun, can you turn back away from the poster a little bit?
Speaker 4: It's Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: And she turned and she.
Speaker 5: Said, no, no, no, no, it's not his face, honey, it's the body. Okay, So, but she's the most wonderful woman on earth. It's been twenty five years.
Speaker 1: It's our twenty five year anniversary since I met this very special lady, and Honey, I love you and thank you for standing by my side and believing in me and pushing me when I thought the chips were down to get out and give them hell. And that's my beautiful son Nicholas right there. So we've made a nice little family and we appreciate you guys being here. And I'm going to introduce my first guest, okay, and you know them, you love them, and I wanted him here with me because we're serving pancakes. We've got the maple syrup, which is also going to be online as well pretty soon, the Lukes Maple Syrup. And how fun is that to have Luke's products right coming out of Luke's over there. Everything's made right over there by fairies and they descend at night and make this stuff. We show up the next day and it's all pallatted and created. It's it's amazing. But a guy who I feel has not been getting enough credit over the years, and I wanted to showcase him because he's an incredibly great guy, incredibly talented guy, Caesar.
Speaker 4: Aris Alvarado.
Speaker 3: Where is he?
Speaker 4: Come on up?
Speaker 1: Aarris? Huh? The man. The myth, the legend is he is he over there? There he comes, looks there is way about him. Everybody, it's Aris Alvarado. Aris. Tell us about since it's Mother's Day, tell us about your mom. Well, how did she influence you?
Speaker 4: My mom influenced me by giving me a lot of love and always believing in me and is being there when I need it all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean she was a single mom, so.
Speaker 4: She she worked hard and uh, she's you know. She taught me how to cook, and she taught me how to have fun and enjoy life and just be happy, you know, just even when things are sad. She always had a positive attitude and she was always happy. So I always try to be happy in life and try to bring joy to the to the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah you are.
Speaker 1: You tend to be the life of the party when you like when he walked into the green room and everybody got happy. Tell us about your journey getting Gilmore girls, How did it happen? How did you know that you got the part? And uh, and how you told your family about it?
Speaker 4: Originally I came in it was it was really tough too, because my car had just broke down and I and I got and I got an audition for a part on Gilmore Girls, and I parrow somebody's my uncle's van came up and it was not for Caesar.
Speaker 3: It was for a different part.
Speaker 4: It was for US foreign exchange student that was with the Duce family.
Speaker 3: For the hockey game.
Speaker 4: So my episode aired and I come, I'm supposed to come down the stairs and say the dose is left, and I go, don't stand. And at the audition it was great because I go in and that's why I said one line and the whole room started laughing, and I'm like, okay, what I just said? One lie?
Speaker 3: I go. I leave.
Speaker 4: On the drive back, they called me right away, Oh you got the part. Great. I filmed the part and I watched the episode and they cut me out. They cut me out, they were and I called my agent and hey, what happened they cut me out? He goes, oh, I'm sorry, I forgot.
Speaker 3: To tell you.
Speaker 4: They say they might use you for something else. I'm like, oh, yeah, that's Hollywood.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll call you.
Speaker 4: But a couple months later, three months later, they called me and they offered me Caesar, and and it's been evercor Caesar ever since how many episodes did you do? Twenty two on the first run in three on the revival.
Speaker 1: So you were a fantas a twenty five total. Yeah, you heard any rumors about any more? I mean this is the question, you know, this is what you guys want to know, right, because we don't know anything. We just but we hear these rumors and they're we figure like everything's like coming from the CIA, right, so it's like, hey, it's it's the CIA is leaking the information to control the population. So what do you think.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard any rumors, but I think I think we need it right now. I think the show like this is needed. Again, it was ahead of his time, so let's be on time now, you know.
Speaker 1: Let's take a vote, because I'm not really sure. Uh, those of you who don't want any more episodes, raise your hand. There's one guy over there, all right, I think he starved for a ten. All right, those of you who do want more episodes, let's let's whoop it, let's hear it. Okay, all right, there you go. I think the the Yeas have it. Sorry, sir, you have been overrulled. So do you keep in touch with some of the cast.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, tell Us, Dick Holmes, Shelley Cole, Liz Torres.
Speaker 3: I visit her. I just saw her a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Who else.
Speaker 1: Sally? You ever see Sally? No?
Speaker 4: But I saw her in TUTSI two years ago and I went to see her after the show. She's such a delight. She's Oh my goodness, yeah, her, her energy is amazing.
Speaker 1: Every of my my birthday falls on September eleventh, and I so I gout of respect. I don't I don't celebrate it on the eleventh. But we were always working on that day on September eleventh, and she knew that it was, you know, important day for me obviously, but that didn't celebrates. So she would pick me. She's so strong and she's a diminutive human being, but she's very stocky and strong, and she would pick me up and I was, you know, I'm over two hundred pounds, and she she'd throw me over her shoulder and she and my would be right here, and she everybody in the crew and the cast and says, hey, it's his birthday, smack his ass, happy birthday, not kidding. She was that strong. And it took about ten minutes for everybody to do. You got an I got it at least at least. Uh, what kind of thinking about the show if it were to continue? What do you give me a storyline? Give me a storyline for Caesar.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm I'm I'm actually running Luke's right now because Luke is busy. He's got a chain, he's got a chain he got I'm.
Speaker 3: Running the place until he gets it.
Speaker 4: And then you come by and I'm like, okay, and you've been all mad because I changed the menu again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, I changed the venue.
Speaker 4: You're like, look, we have a system.
Speaker 3: This is the way.
Speaker 4: It's all the stories. This is not your store, this.
Speaker 3: Is not Caesar's.
Speaker 4: This is Luke's. I'm like, yeah, but does it yourself better?
Speaker 1: There? You go, alright, take it easy.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, you have a chain of Luke's though, it's like it's all over Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the king of diners in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: I like that idea. Yeah, I like that idea. When you first started, tell us about your experience, your like, your first day on set. What was that like for you? Was it your first wasn't your first job in the industry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was the first job.
Speaker 3: It wasn't, so you want to know what to expect, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, the first time when they did the part that was cut that was that was interesting because it was at the Dragonfly I think, or the first the first the first uh place that they had and bend, thank you, thank you, and I was backstage and it was really cool and Melissa was so nice and I waited the whole day and then they shot my thing at the end by.
Speaker 1: At but in the trailer for ten hours or yeah, yeah, they don't. They don't pay you to act, they pay it away. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But my first scene at Luke's was was it was hectic too, because it's all fast paced, fast pace. And then of course my lines were no ham, no ham, no ham, and that was very simple and everything. But even just try to say that sometimes for an actor the worst thing is to having those simple lines, because like, don't mess it up, do not mess up, don't have don't have no ham.
Speaker 1: Did you rehearse it the night before?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got home the night before because what happened. I was in Vegas when they told me I got the part, and I didn't. I was out of town. They didn't tell my agent. They wanted me for fitting the next day, and I'm like, oh, I'm in Vegas. So he called the studio and they said, well, don't worry because they have your sizes from the last time you were there. Come back within two days. So when I got home, usually they send up the script, and I had no script. So I called the a d and there I was like, what's my I didn't get a script because let me see, your line is no ham, no ham no ham.
Speaker 3: I was like, got it, I'll rehearse it tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was what was it like to tell the people what it's like working in that diner? Oh?
Speaker 4: Fast pace, fast paced, and it was it was wonderful watching you because yeah, because you, I'm like, man, this guy's got to I was like, okay, and I'm from New York and going to acting school. They're like, slow down, you're talking to I come here. They're like, no, you got to pick it up again, you know. So like watching you concentrate it and do all those and and just you and Lauren going back and forth. It was it was like, all right, cool, cool, I'm in my environment now. They could talk fast, but it wasn't just talk fast word perfect. Oh my goodness, that was the hard part.
Speaker 1: Those are my best memories is working in there with you and then everybody and Lauren and Alexis. Those those are great memories. Right over there, that's where I made my bones right there. It's just it's a very special place. It's very sacred.
Speaker 4: It was great to be back there for the revival. Yeah, it was like being back home again.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that it was more colorful in there? Oh yeah, it was like it really popped in that. The floor was spongy.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't notice that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: But my kitchen was bigger. Like they gave me more space back there.
Speaker 1: Because in the original series there was no sound issue at times with the floor that was creaking. Oh, and then you'd have to do it over and over again, or you have to come in and loop loop that scene, you know, two weeks later on the looping stage because the creaking.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But Netflix made.
Speaker 3: It all cushy nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we worked longer hours, but you know, we weren't we weren't mad about it because we're so comfortable. Oh yeah, what what are your favorite memories of having worked on this show. What is the thing that that you take away and you tell people about the memories of this show.
Speaker 4: Man, Well, one of my favorite moments was the the last episode, the ban Voyage, when we were we converted this.
Speaker 3: There was a big, giant tent over here.
Speaker 4: This is a big party, going away party, and just having most of the cast under one tent and knowing just saying goodbye, and it really felt like, Wow, you know this, this this sucks, this is ending, but it's it's a beautiful moment because we're all here.
Speaker 3: Did you know I had no idea? You had no idea.
Speaker 1: Did you know that it was ending?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But I'm like, because it was a good pie to her, did you get a right for her? Did you get a sense that it was ending?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was like where we're She's going away.
Speaker 1: So it's like, how did you find out about the show? Was I found out at the rap in television History, at the rap party. At the rap party?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You found out at the wrap part.
Speaker 3: Somebody said I don't think we're coming back? Yeah, wow, rumors, rumors.
Speaker 1: Wow. I didn't know. I was in Toronto on a movie set and my agent called me and oh wow, it was over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 1: Then I had to go do a scene where all peppy.
Speaker 4: Oh man, no, no, was that solid?
Speaker 3: We usually saw the Toronto.
Speaker 1: It was different. So tell us about what you're doing now, What what's going on with ours and the career projects?
Speaker 3: Just finished?
Speaker 4: I just finished shooting to two movies last month. Uh real quick. One one is called Bad Karaoke is a horror comedy I play. I just made a quick cameo because I worked with these guys before. I did another movie called The Pootiology with them, and then I shot another movie where I play a announcer, a ring announcer for underground fight clubs in Mexico. It's an action movie for that one, So that that was pretty fun. It was like I shot that last week. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Give me the best memory of your mother so far today Top memories in honor of Mother's Day, let's talk about moms.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't fill in the black, if it wasn't for my mom, I would have ended up.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I would have ended up. I would have ended up a mean person, very bitter person. Yeah, very bitter.
Speaker 1: Very So she put that sunshine and she's she's a sunshine.
Speaker 4: It's like everybody, everybody that makes my mom loves her. They like, oh many, she fills you up with food, she makes you comfortable. She's always happy. You never see my mom sad.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 1: She was hid it. My friends used to come to our little tiny house and uh, just to be with my mom because she would listen to them. She would listen to their problems, she would listen to their stories. She'd feed them too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she'd listen so, uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, every day after school there would be like a trail of people. They just wanted to hang with her. Yeah, I mean, very very special memories.
Speaker 4: Did you have like a neighborhood type of environment. Yeah, oh yeah, everybody in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they knew her and they protected her and and uh, you know, we moved around a lot. Oh yeah. So but very special woman. Tough as nails. Tough as nails. I remember once and she didn't like to stand in lines.
Speaker 3: She would like shit.
Speaker 1: She would tell the people in the front of the line, like she would say and she wasn't. She would say, I'm a doctor, I did deliver a baby. I have to get in here.
Speaker 4: You're not a doctor.
Speaker 3: Well you want to.
Speaker 1: Stand in that hour line. But there was a guy. We were shopping for clothes, like jeans or something. I was like twelve or thirteen years old, and I didn't really like shopping for clothes, but she says, you know, you got to look nice for school and all that. So we showed. So there was some guy that a manager that worked in the store and was giving her a little bit of a hard time because she was trying to get a discount, right because we didn't have a lot of money, and he was a little disrespectful to a big guy and my mother was five feet tall. But the thing is is that when when you feared my mom is when she got very quiet and you were like, uh oh. She she took one look at that guy and she got very quiet, and she says, let me tell you about the facts of life, young man, you know. And that was it. And he was like, oh my god. So nobody messed with my mom. Ever messed with my mom. Her kids to her were everything. She would do anything for her kids and everybody else's kids for that matter. Tell us about your your best friendships from coming from Gilmore girls, who would you say or your your best friendships from Gilmore girls besides me of course.
Speaker 4: Oh man, uh, you know, I really like talking to Nick Holmes.
Speaker 3: He's a really.
Speaker 4: He's the person that listens and he makes you feel really comfortable and warm, and it's just a guy that you felt like, you know forever and he he's like, he's like, oh my god, he's your best friend that you didn't know he was your best friend when you talk to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for coming by.
Speaker 4: Its pure.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, the one, the only, Aris Alvarado, thanks so much for coming. Hey, everybody, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com