Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back George Nori with you. Lauren Purcell with us rapidly becoming one of the most in demand mystics in the Midwest. As an energy impath and psychic medium. She has been called upon to investigate hauntings and other energetic disturbances and historic buildings and homes of all sizes, including the legendary Woodstock Opera House and a fifteen square thousand square foot mansion. She has done everything from helpspot potential issues for those looking to purchase new homes, to helping with historical research to connecting clients with their loved ones. Her website is mysticchick dot net. It's great website named Lauren.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Thank you, Hi, Happy to be here.
Speaker 2: How did you get coined the phrase mystic chick?
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I was trying to come up with a podcast name like fifteen years ago and it just kind of like clicked with me. So that's what I've gone with ever since.
Speaker 2: They caught on, didn't it it did? Yeah, how did you first discover these psychic medium mobilities?
Speaker 3: Well, I actually don't really remember a time without them. I think I was about two when I was able to start seeing like the energy around objects. And I have a long line of people on my mom's side that have psychic abilities in different ways, So it just kind of was assumed that, you know, something would come out.
Speaker 2: Do you specialize in the ghostly realm?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did it ever scare you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually it can, but that there's a lot of things in you know, kind of the spirit realm, Like there's ghosts, there's spirits, there's negative entities. So I think like negative entities are the things that scare me.
Speaker 2: Now, you're not an exorcist, but have you been approached like that to do things similar?
Speaker 3: I haven't. Yeah, I actually would you bring up can you come out of the game with these big, big terms here? Exorcists like, uh, the like demons are actually kind of a version of a negative entity. So if you are, you know, Catholic, especially any like negative entity you would probably attribute as being a demon. But I actually worked with somebody in the last year that had a piece of a mansion. She was given a piece of a mansion from New Orleans and it had a lot of like it was like one of the biggest like slave holding places. It had a lot of negative energy attached to it. She was so freaked out by it. She had it like locked the way in a special box that this like voodoo pre just told her to put it in or something, and it was still wreaking havoc in her house because of that negative entity attached to it. So yeah, things can get really really ugly really quick with that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Lauren, tell us what you think about the ghostly realm? What is it exactly?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, people talk about the veil, they talk about the other side things like that. So ghosts are actually they're in another dimension, but they're still earth bound, right, So you know, they have to be bound to a person, place, or thing. A lot of times it could either be because of a traumatic death or because of like strong emotions like you know, spite. If a woman got cheated on by her husband, maybe she decides to haunt him because she just wants to make him unhappy for the rest of his life. But you have, you know, the ghosts that are bound to the earthplane, and then you also have spirits that are people who have crossed over and they are you know, doing other things and other dimensions living their best lives, but they kind of come to us and support us when we need it. But also spirits can be attracted to us if they have some commonalities with us. So like if everybody's vibrating at these different frequency levels, energy frequencies, and I think that's the key, is that everything is energy and you have, you know, energy in all these different forms. Ghosts are a form of debt, spirits are negative energy is negative entities are and as well as you know earthly energies, the energy of different places around the world, like Machipchu or the Bermuda Triangle, you have the energy of you know water even so like dousing when you're you know, you're actually looking for water, and you can also douse to find ghosts and spirits and so all that energy, it's like the fundamental building blocks of everything. And that's the common language, and it's just about trying to figure out what frequency everything's on. And so whatever frequency you're vibrating at, you will attract other things of a similar frequency, and so that's when you have the potential to connect with ghosts or spirits. Or if you're going through a lot of like rough stuff, you're more vulnerable to negative entities or just having the effects of negative energy.
Speaker 2: How does a ghost attach itself to an individual? How does that happen?
Speaker 3: It's usually because there's something with that person. They had some sort of emotional connection in life. So when you talk about about things attaching, ghosts can only attach to somebody because of you know, strong emotions. But if it's just an everyday person going somewhere usually in a negative place, a negative entity can attach to anybody. So that's pretty much the difference. You have to have some sort of connection with the ghosts, and they're basically kind of like haunting you.
Speaker 2: How did you end up keen on Woodstock the Opera House and that's in Woodstock, Illinois?
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, how did I end up? I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: What how did you end up finding that place?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I've lived in the area. I'm like two towns away, I've lived one town away. I've lived actually in Woodstack. Actually, so I I got it for years. I've lived in Woodstack. I've known about it for years.
Speaker 2: What is so haunting about it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's there's just if you actually like take it back, you know, thousands of years Woodstock Opera House is very closely located to a lot of like ancient where ancient mounds and things were found. So it's the square itself and all the buildings around it have a lot of energy kind of focused in that area, and so when you have more energy in an geographic location, you have more potential to draw things to it. So there's there's all kinds of activity in the Opera House, and yeah, it's just been a very it's kind of intense to be in there.
Speaker 2: You're going to be there on Halloween night, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, I'm going to be there Halloween night. Joe Diamond and I the mind Reader America's Curtis mind Reader are going to be doing some ghost tours there, a couple of tours that night.
Speaker 2: Be careful.
Speaker 3: It's always safe though, Like I never bring anybody in anywhere that you know, anybody could potentially have any anything harmful happened. But it's definitely going to be creepy. And if anybody wants tickets for that, just feel free to visit mystic tick that net because I have a link on there.
Speaker 2: You should call our show. We were doing our Ghost to Ghost Danuel Halloween show that night. You should. You should somehow called in as a listener and give us a report on what's going on out there.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: To go sometimes follow people home, that would be so.
Speaker 3: So unless the ghost is bound to somebody because of the personal connection, which usually happens in life, the things that can follow somebody home would be either a spirit because the spirit is crossed over already, so they connect with you on you know, a mental frequency or an emotional frequency, and once they lock in, they can follow you anywhere. Also, a negative entity can actually attach itself to you and then you can bring that home, so things can come home with you. It's just not typically ghosts.
Speaker 2: Lauren, what does the negative entities want with us? What's their goal here? Their mission?
Speaker 3: Well, they just they their mission really is to feed. Let's be like. I mean, they're very basic, but they just are looking to feed off of your emotions or your physical energy. And so what happens a lot of times is that there's all these places on the earth, and I know people talk about lay lines, and I kind of agree with that. There's some things I disagree about lay lines, but I kind of envision a net around the earth and you have these you know, knots in the net, and every knot is going to be like a place that has a lot of positive energy or a lot of negative energy, and then like the strings between the knots are more like kind of those pathways where the energy goes from negative to positive. So that's why, like when you're you know, walking around town and stuff, for the most part, things are pretty like average. You have to kind of make a trip to go somewhere either really positive or really negative for the most part, but there's a lot of places that kind of start leaning one way or another. And if you have a place that is energetically kind of primed to be more negative, it attracts more negative things to it, and so then people are more likely to say, do bad things in a negative energy location, and that adds to the negative energy, and so then you have kind of like layers of negative energy, and these negative entities kind of seek these areas out because they are low hanging fruit, like there are a similar frequency, and so you already have these negative entities kind of cropped up in these locations. And then people who are vibrating at a lower frequency, usually because of a lot of reasons, but they could have gone through a breakup. They could have gone just lost their job, they could have just had a major surgery, they could have had you know, just like lost someone. Like the list goes on and on, but like things that fundamentally kind of lower your energy and make you vulnerable. When you're in that kind of state, you're more drawn to places of negative energy and you don't even know what. It's like a frog and boiling water, Like it feels comfortable, it feels good. It's like, oh, I feel like, you know, I'm home. And I always tell people like, if you've gone through something major, a loss, you know, a you know, you've gone through a breakup or divorce, things like that, do not buy another house right away. Like take the time, get yourself back in order, rent, and then when you're in a better place, then move somewhere. And you know that you're going to be for a while because it's too easy to buy something that could have potential problems. And then that energy will feed off of you. And usually you know that somebody's got like a negative entity or even just in a really bad negative energy location because they move into the place and then they'll be like, you know, oh my goodness, I've gone through like several car accidents in the last year, and you know, then I just broke up with my boyfriend and all these like bad things start happening.
Speaker 2: Are demons ghosts? Are they something else?
Speaker 3: Demons would be like a form of negative entities, so they're not ghosts. Ghosts are just people without bodies, so you can have evil people, but demons are kind of another level.
Speaker 2: What's easier to get rid of a bad ghost or a bad demon?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good question. Okay, so a bad ghost. They both present challenges because the ghost is you know, it's a person without a body, so it still has free will. You can try to, you know, send it to the light, you can, you know, but basically you either have to learn to live with it if it refuses to go, or you have to move with a demon. It gets a little weirder a negative entity because you actually have to remove it or it's going to keep feeding off of you. So you can remove yourself from the location, but again it's connected to you, so it's a multi step process because you want to get yourself out of the location, but you also need to address getting get removed from you, which is just an energy thing, and it actually does not even take that long. But it's also a sign that you know, you're in a vulnerable state and you could attract other negative energies or entities to its reattached to you, so half of its awareness.
Speaker 2: Getting back to Woodstock, the Opera House. Did somebody die there once? Is that? Is that why it's haunted? I mean somebody fall all of the balcony or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of drama at the Opera House, no pun intended, I bet so, Yeah, I mean it's a little I have to admit I've been kind of a run and around with the Opera House because they're a little cagy on that one. They don't want to really and I've been through this actually with multiple historic locations that I've worked in. They don't want to admit that there's ghost activity because they're worried about losing you know, people you know coming to see them, or like losing business, so they try to you know, no, it's not haunted. But yeah, all of the stuff that I've heard about Alvirah, she had been a dancer, she didn't get apart well, and there's there are conflicting stories because it was a long time ago, and with the multiple multiple fires in the Woodstack Square over the last one hundred and fifty years, I swear to god there was a fire like every five or ten years. Records were lost all the time. So but yeah, she conflicting stories. She either jumped off the belfry tower because she lost the part that she really really, you know, thought she deserved as a dancer. The other thing that people kind of talk about is her like going through a breakup and just hanging herself. So there's a lot with that. And also there's historically proven somebody died in the building due to a fire. So a long time ago, some people passing through town were kind of camping out in the basement and there was actually like a wrestling match going on with like six hundred people, and nobody was hurt except the one of the people in the basement that started the fire to warm up. So bad situation.
Speaker 2: But what about a haunted seat out there?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Gidi one thirteen is Alvira's seat. So a lot of times during rehearsals for performances and things like that, you can actually observe her being present because the seat will actually be in the downposition, and like they've checked it a million times and it's normally very functional. It stays up on its own, So she's had a lot of like interaction in different ways with the theater.
Speaker 2: You can actually see her.
Speaker 3: I personally don't see her. I feel her, But again it depends on the person. So if you whatever frequency you're vibrating at, you'll pick up on different things. I more hear ghosts or I will feel ghosts. I also get a lot of like information through like thought forms and stuff. It takes a lot for me to see one, and usually it's not for the best.
Speaker 2: Lauren, is this a different Alvira from the one we've known from the movies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely a different Elvira, although I love the one from the movies.
Speaker 2: Were Yeah, that one wasn't evil at all.
Speaker 3: No, and she yeah, she was a cutie.
Speaker 2: But Woodstock is a strange place. Now when you give these tours, do people feel these unusual circumstances? So what are they witness?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we've actually one of my last tours there, and that's the question. Like we were trying to figure out with the group if it was Alvira or it felt like a younger energy. But we were actually and in the basement is where the old jail cells were because way back when before it was just the opera house. It was more of a municipal center, but it was also it had you know, performances and operas and things like that, but it was also the firehouse, the courthouse, the library. So we were downstairs in the jail cell area and in this back room like it was just we heard things like falling off the walls like some like people started going in there and you know, their pendulums were going crazy. We went back out and then there was like more noise. It was very very bizarre, and everybody was really freaked out, but it was pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to cooastam dot com for more