Speaker 1: It's nine O gene Angine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: You guys, we're so seasonal. What do you mean, grel warm, all cozy? I got the old uh winter sore throat. Woke up with that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I knew last night. I thought I can feel myself swallowing. That's not good.
Speaker 2: You usually can't feel yourself swallowing. It's not something I notice right, And it's just sort of like you're.
Speaker 3: Like glunk.
Speaker 2: Well, and you're like, did I eat a chip wrong? Or am I am? I hosed right now?
Speaker 1: And then I was like, I'm totally hosed, and then it's not horrible.
Speaker 3: But it's there. Well, well, you look good.
Speaker 2: If you could see her, she looks good.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing my Target Wicked pants. They're very soft.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just got that, very exciting.
Speaker 2: I had to Target for the good. Well, seasonally we're all cozy and sorry me sick, but seasonally we're also here for a new season. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: It's kind of major. And I have a question for you. What did you.
Speaker 3: Notice anything major in the opening credits?
Speaker 2: No? But did you that's actually watched them for one other than the fact.
Speaker 1: That I think it's interesting that they add Hillary Swank to the credits before we've even met.
Speaker 3: Her, I know, and Vincent E.
Speaker 2: Young and we haven't even met them yet.
Speaker 1: It feels like they would do the credits without them, and then once they appear.
Speaker 3: Right weird Tracy was Tracy's character in the opening credits. Now, well, then, what the heck is.
Speaker 2: Happenings just making a guest appearance?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, what the heck is happening with two new people in seasons? Season A opening credits, no explanation, no idea who these people are.
Speaker 2: There is some big discussions that happened over the hill.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the guests that they were paid money and negotiated the title credits into their contract.
Speaker 3: They had to have been signed on as cast members like regulars.
Speaker 2: They were both signed on as full time cast members, two new cast members.
Speaker 1: That's why the Hillary Swank thing against kind of dramatic because she leaves early.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, ma'am, don't tell her, but it.
Speaker 2: Feels like we kind of need to discuss it. And here's why why why.
Speaker 1: I think it's important to analyze her character in this episode because it makes it clearer why the audience did not like her and they let her go.
Speaker 2: Wait, what girl?
Speaker 3: What is happening? They introduced her. We will analyze her in this episode that I didn't know she's leaving.
Speaker 2: Well, she was supposed to be on, but they fire her. Basically, when it happens, I'll tell you the exact story.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's right there. Oh my god, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 3: I like side by side plays, but I have a theory.
Speaker 2: I have a theory which we can get to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not there yet, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Well, we can discuss it a little bit today.
Speaker 3: If you would like to. Okay, do we have to?
Speaker 2: This is our one shot talk about us TV actresses. Please, we'll get to her. She gets her just desserts and then she won an Oscar. Correct.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about how they made her character so unlikable. That's what I want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Amy's been talking about this for the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: She's well, we can talk about then if I want Amy to thank This is exciting though. We are on our very first episode of season eight and there's new things happening. I think I've done and had a baby. Definitely because now I don't look pregnant anymore, but I still look like I just live.
Speaker 2: Don't you say a word.
Speaker 3: I look like it is not a baby.
Speaker 1: They're showing your full body now, which is like, we know you've had the baby because they're showing you.
Speaker 2: Correct. So we filmed the Hawaii Stuffgenden film till the very end. Oh so you were telling me why Trumparter? So you guys are okay, you did it out of order? Got it? So it gave her more time off? Got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Glad you remember we're talking about Aloha. Beverly Hills, Part one, aired September tenth, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Valerie is making a splash on the job market, Kelly finds TRACE's of Tracy Gallien, Brandon is begging to write obituaries. Steve starts off on the wrong foot with a soccer mom. Donna gets laid in Honolulu, while David's bottom line put the Pepad in financial free fall.
Speaker 3: Directed by Bethany Rooney, written by Michael Braverman.
Speaker 1: Huh so, did you guys notice it's a little bit sexier or is that just me? I've noticed they've leveled it up a little bit more like a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Can you just start with the narration the voiceover of Jason, good call, good call, talk about it?
Speaker 3: You don't like it? You do like it? What's happening? I it feels like a different show. What's happening?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm hesitant to say it because there were parts of it that I felt my dad's fingerprints all over it. But it felt a little old timey, cheesy, cheesy.
Speaker 3: Yes, is it just the voiceover is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just it's the wording of what was written.
Speaker 3: Oh, ok And I knew.
Speaker 2: I was like, I could feel like it wasn't I felt like Jason wasn't that into it, Like he was just like, Okay, here I go. I'm going to read it monotone Brandon. And then but I was like excited for it. And then when I saw it and Valerie thought a new hair, new hairdo would change her luck or something, I was like, oh, that's so my dad. He needed to call it out if someone had a hair change.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, she went to blonde.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unnecessary, the whole Like, here's here's what sps we be gil this summer. Do you know what I mean, it was like, can I just learn it by learning it?
Speaker 2: Right? I feel like the big one was, Oh, how do we address Valerie's hair. Let's put a whole voiceover in the front. Yeah, it's like, but who really cares? I guess no one want. Yeah, I guess it caught us so fast. But nothing.
Speaker 3: It's just different now, like our minds are so accustomed to things changing all the time. I think when people were watching that show in the nineties, they were dead set on everything like being the same, and then when there's a big change, they need a little more hand holding.
Speaker 2: Can I go out on the limb and just say something?
Speaker 4: I think the writing's sort of wacky. It's like, it's this is why I don't like Hillary Swank's character. You don't want to say wacky. You want to say what sucks.
Speaker 2: Fair. I didn't think the writing was great in this episode.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm sorry I didn't either. No, no offense. I mean, but someone's definitely going to be offended, Like.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can noticeably sort of see like what's going on. It's just they're trying all kinds of things, right, That sweaty sort of shirtless walk and talk with the boys, and it was kind of cool, but it was also like it's happening here. And then my main problem with the episode, I'll just tell you Hillary's I always thought that Hillary Swank was bad at this part. That was always sort of my notion looking back on it, remembering, Oh, Hillary Swank was not good. It's not that she wasn't good. She actually is good.
Speaker 2: It's that they wrote her so ridiculously, like she comes in hot.
Speaker 1: She's kind of awful from the start, like why who's going up to some dad that's just trying to help a kid and be like, why are you touching my kid?
Speaker 2: And so mad.
Speaker 3: I liked it that she was like get your hands off him, Like I liked her there, like if you're a mom, you'd be like, and there's a grown man with his hands on your son's shine, but it's.
Speaker 1: Clearly a dad at the soccer game and the kid she just for me comes in so hot, and then it's the I could have tolerated that if not for the restaurant scene right where she's no waiter server is behaving that way, and then the date is so horrific that the whole thing, and then the guy over there, I need my drink now.
Speaker 2: The whole thing just seemed like what in the what is happening in this scene?
Speaker 3: It's just hard to like go go in the very first episode of a new season and you're already like going off to stories that are new, and instead I feel they've ogs yeah more that to kind of set up the season and then gently roll into that Like I was like, who's this new waitress at the yeah? Mad? Like where'd she come from? I never saw her before in my life? And then then the character of.
Speaker 1: When she came in with the little tuxedo, I was like, am I having something wrong with me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Who is that person?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I was literally like does is that Valerie? In my eyes? Don't work?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I was like, what is happening? Like do you want to? Don't set her up at all? She comes in and she's just like Donna pick these out, and I'm like, who are you?
Speaker 3: How do you know? Donna?
Speaker 2: Just get them a little scar?
Speaker 3: Like how much did I miss? Did I miss them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was like, how menopause? Am I what happening? That's like a good thing to bring up in a bigger way that how much disservice do writers and producers do introducing new characters to an audience of any show that is like a long standing show that people love, like it's hard if they don't accept you and they don't do it the right way. It's kind of it. You only get one shot.
Speaker 3: There's a plenty of.
Speaker 1: Shows where they introduce new characters in a normal way. It seems like all of a sudden, David's in his office and there's a girl talking to him like she's supposed to be my best friend, and I'm like, who is this in the little white tank.
Speaker 2: Top with the black tie.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's what's happening? I like the outfit though, good job Donna, me too.
Speaker 2: It's very cute. So I think that's my beef.
Speaker 1: Like, I think that they were trying so hard to like, I feel like what they were trying to do was like introduce Hillary Swank as sort of this foil to Steve right the opposite to him, and she comes in kind of like I don't care about you, get away from me, and then we're going to see them fall in love, right, But they made her so unlikable from the jump that it's why I think she only lasts like episodes or whatever it is, because.
Speaker 2: She's just I'm just like, oh, you're not nice, You're not nice.
Speaker 3: I think that she's such a good actress that she took the page, she took the words on the page, and she actually really brought them to life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe no.
Speaker 3: One was there saying let's lighten that up just a little. I'm not sure what was the problem, but I guess she comes in pretty hot. But I can definitely see why her character would be a little bit shaken and maybe, you know, you can kind of see her car her running to the gamelight like her work, her job, Like she's definitely clearly running on fumes, the single mom struggling.
Speaker 2: We get that.
Speaker 1: But like, I think, had they written her differently, I actually could have really liked her and gone three seasons with her.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? Like they wrote her so negative that I'm like, why would.
Speaker 4: I like her?
Speaker 2: She's so awful?
Speaker 1: And the date Also, if I'm just gonna call it out that Steve is on, she's also awful.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I just don't think that's a great match for Steve.
Speaker 2: Michael Braverman wrote many scripts for us. Do you remember him Jim and dark Beard? Yesy am, But was this like his first and then he kept going with us? He was only later seasons.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering. Maybe I'm really not sure.
Speaker 2: We're not sure. But Bethany was one of our main female directors or only female directors. Yeah, so we had grown with her. She had been with us since the first season, so by this point it's not the director. But she was very hands on directing like she wasn't some directors would let us just like do whatever we want to, just go like. She was very good with that. So I'm just saying I'm surprised that she, especially with a new cast member being a female, that she wouldn't have said that a question. Can director just go like the script is so bad?
Speaker 3: I don't think they can, right, Yeah, I don't think that that would benefit them at all, right, say that, but they would probably want to tighten things up, because if your point is to get the audience to like Hillary Swank right, to fall in love with her so that we really root for her and Steve, and why have her start where we're all like, yeah, you're awful.
Speaker 2: The date he's on is awful. This restaurant scene is people behaving in such a awful manner, right.
Speaker 3: It's not realistic.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just was like, yeah, totally, that kid is adorable.
Speaker 3: So cute. It's such a good point because, yeah, you we want to stick around, We want the audience to like her and root for them. But it's a weird way to set it up. Yeah, it's kind of like the wrong.
Speaker 2: And maybe I get that.
Speaker 1: They they're like, we'll redeem her, but like we already know Jamie Walters, that doesn't work. Yeah, Now, Aaron is adorable, Steve with Air is adorable, Steve with the Little Boy is adorable. There was such a way to do it where we would have been like, I frankly think I like her better than Claire potentially as an actor or character. Maybe you could see it, But then I'm like, oh, you're the worst. And it's not Hillary Swank because I always thought maybe she just didn't ever see legs yet.
Speaker 2: No, she's good at it. She's a good actor. Hello Karate Kidden three. Also, because I'm just gonna tell you guys this now.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, has she already done Karate Kid?
Speaker 2: She's done? Yeah, I believe So wait should we check that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, because she gets let go from this show early, and that's why she got Boys Don't cryes because she was free to audition. So she won the Oscar because the nine two one zero riders like kur Dirry and the fans.
Speaker 2: Just thought she sucked. I have another question, sorry, so many questions.
Speaker 1: How without social media did you all and I mean like Cass Crew writers.
Speaker 3: No live when an audience happily hated a character, we didn't I think they had to they would do like what was called or did they even do focus groups or were they just getting like write in comments yeah, or just vibes or something? What's that called fan mail? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because somehow they say the audience didn't like Jamie Walters and they didn't you know, not Jamie Walters.
Speaker 3: Did they know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's my questions, like how did they know?
Speaker 3: Maybe the audience meant like the net the network executives that watched it in the office.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they brought they broke down the analytics of the ratings, right, wasn't there a way to gauge what they like watched? What was that thing called that box? You got Neil silsan box? You could tell like certain scenes if people like kind of walked out and didn't look.
Speaker 3: How did they know there was a way?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Uh Am, I like a dial because it was like a box sign, like.
Speaker 2: If you were like bored or went to the bathroom and they can see who scenes they went, there is a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you can do focus groups, but it's not as easy as like on social media.
Speaker 2: It is very clear, so easy now.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I'm noticing a difference. I'm noticing I'm seeing a little bit more like sexy. Yeah, it's a little more.
Speaker 2: Booby the generals. The lighting feels a little darker.
Speaker 1: A little darker, and it's a little more like, like I said, the boys with the shirts off walk and talk. That's not we don't we've seen it, but we don't see it so much. And that just scene always seems ad lid, like they're just joking around.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the top. Okay, Brandon's explaining everything to us, which is great.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the makings, Brandon.
Speaker 3: We needed a little recap. I guess they didn't do recaps. Then they just needed him to voice over everything that happened, but it was good. And then we see Kelly is inside. Is this the first scene we go into the wallshouse?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think. Is this where you're redecorating?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She does not hear that, Like, first of all, yeah, it's all baby doll dresses for Kelly for a while, I think, until her baby bump goes away. But she's redecorating Brandon's room. Is that Brandon's room or is that the parents room?
Speaker 2: Help me, I guess it's the parents room. Wait it is now we've decided.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I guess some fans told us it's the parents room. Oh really, I don't. It looks like Brandon's room. Okay, wait, if it's the parents room, so he was sleeping in that room before Kelly moved in, I guess so we were wrong.
Speaker 1: It just they all looked the same, the bedrooms all look the same, which they probably were.
Speaker 2: Because I was just like I kept betting nervous with you, like carrying drawers, deciding not to carry drawers.
Speaker 3: But it was so me though, like she's taking the drawers out and going through things.
Speaker 2: It's so like bad decor Sorry, I know I would not have handled it that way. It's not good, Like he's deals with you very well and kind. In this moment, I.
Speaker 3: Think I need to be married to Brandon now because my husband is not down with my constant need to redecorate things.
Speaker 2: Can I say this in the loveliest way, like I mean this with love. Kelly's got annoying right now? She is. She's like, it's like, why do you care that he's got photos? Who cares?
Speaker 3: She's cranky as if she's got a hormone influx. Wait what ha ha ha, No, she's she's just kind of or new differently, a little naggy, a little negative ish, But that's the one that comes in slinging. She comes into the room. I thought they are going to get along now, but it seems like Brandon my god to live with constant thank you.
Speaker 2: It's like the whole thing was at the end of last season. She's supposed to be nice and she's not. What was already starting in It's just like Kelly has Donna and we don't need two nice friends. Your batty Crocker line was funny. It wasn't like super hard.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 2: It was funny, but she's not nice.
Speaker 3: It's also true, like what the dig cord.
Speaker 2: First of all, none of you have jobs. Can we talk about it now now? One of you was stressing me out more than anything. I was like, oh my god, now it feels like real life.
Speaker 3: And I know it was very stressful because it's probably really hard to get a job out of college. I know it is, right, but it must have been a lot harder than because you didn't have the world at your fingertips to apply to different things, you know, and find out about different opportunities.
Speaker 2: So much easier now there's no apps. I mean, back then, circling in the newspaper, what do you do?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's harder now there's so much real musician I think at the time, like the economy I think was good.
Speaker 2: What was this the nineties? I don't know what the economy was doing what I want.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was good.
Speaker 2: But it's just like, why do they not have jobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like everybody want to work at Xerox. That's what everybody graduating did. They went and worked at Xerox or Anderson Consulting.
Speaker 3: But they're all looking for jobs. Everybody, you know, Vow's trying to find a job. Not working out for her.
Speaker 2: But how does Brandon not have a job.
Speaker 1: That's sort of my flag is like Brandon would have graduated without a job, right or like a plan, right, Brandon would have had a.
Speaker 2: Job because you've distracted him. Look what you've done, Susie homemakers meet it. He can't even focus anymore. Even he they've been focused with Tracy. He would have been focused with Susan.
Speaker 3: All the girlfriends for him to keep pictures of in his drawers. It's like Tracy all just Tracy? Was she that significant? In the mid Right?
Speaker 2: Where's Susan? Where's Susan?
Speaker 3: Where's Emily Valentine? I feel like if I scan it.
Speaker 2: To him and every time he's like, oh, here's another one. So he just kept putting it in one place because he's not organized, but semini organized. It's just all stayed in one place. I don't think like he looks at it. Here's why we're about to bump into her. I'm just upset that he tells you that he's throwing them out. Throwing them out seems yucky. Also, that made me feel bad because I feel like it's one thing to when Kelly's like, I put my past, I boxed him up in the past. Yeah, everyone does that we have a history, put it away, and then you throw them. I feel so bad. He's like I'm burning it all down, like I'm gonna throw it all out. I was like, wait, wait ah, so we all know why they're gonna bump into each other.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, I forgot about that. I forgot she was coming back.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, and they say her name on the opening credits as a special guest star or whatever.
Speaker 3: Fine, wait does he run into her in Hawaii? I think, oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's pretty the gal.
Speaker 1: But Kelly's being annoying. He's they're all annoying, Like he should just say, I'm sorry that was there.
Speaker 2: Let me put it in a box and shove it in the attic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, big deal.
Speaker 2: There's an attic. No, I don't know the basement whatever, But I wonder, wait, and Cossa Walsh, is there an attic or a basement? No, there's no basements in California. You shove in the garage, I don't. I have like a weird act. No attic either.
Speaker 1: You shove boxes like that in the garage. Okay, I don't know, Jenny Kelly, do you kind of be annoying.
Speaker 2: Donna's doing the deed on the on the like he lives there all summer long.
Speaker 3: They're just like rabbits, right, we don't know this, but is it now that you have to have you have to get a roommate just to be able to pay the rent?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: Is that what's happening because dad's giving you an allowance.
Speaker 2: I love the scene.
Speaker 1: There's nothing I love more than Donna getting her allowance from her sweet dad. And the whole thing is so sweet, and that actually was very realistic. I'm like, the whole thing was like I get it.
Speaker 3: Dads don't just stop like giving you money, hopefully if they're in the position to when you graduate from.
Speaker 2: College, especially like doctor Martin his my dad always did that, like it was not my mom thing. Like my dad when I was little would hand me the allowance I would ask to work for, hand me a twenty here and there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they make it like it's some big deal that she doesn't tell her mom. Why would she tell her mom? I mean, if you have a great relationship with your mom, cool, But if it's like a bone of contention and it's nineteen ninety seven, supposed to wait till marriage, I wouldn't be telling my mom either exactly. And David insisting is so weird.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why, No, he's insisting that she Donna tells him that he's living with her.
Speaker 1: But I think the issue is he wants her to say they're living together, like insane that.
Speaker 2: I liked that Kelly said it was her birth control pills.
Speaker 3: Naturally, that's what That's what a friend would do. But why is Felice in drug store of all the drug.
Speaker 1: Stores because she had to go out of town or something because the doctor called in the wrong prescription to the wrong place and da da, they had some lame reason.
Speaker 2: They made up. Yeah, yeah, which they wrote better than the opening.
Speaker 3: That was better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seemed it was a little bit more realistic. But also, I don't know that a pharmacist is going to just suddenly start explaining things with like a random lady there. I feel like pharmacists keep it kind of private, like, hey, do you want to come over to the console area.
Speaker 2: Well nowadays, I mean, this wasn't like CVS. It was like a family pharmacy. He was old school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's doing his job, and then we see Valerie spraying cheap perfume on people, which is fun. But what's the big deal. She's got a job.
Speaker 2: At least she's.
Speaker 3: Working, right, Is that below her? She thinks that's below her. I don't.
Speaker 2: Probably growing up walking to those people that would spray perfume on you, my mom would freak out at that.
Speaker 3: I would too.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, don't spray that on me.
Speaker 3: I don't. I might not like it if I'm allergic to it. I'm like, Mom, that reaction is so excessive.
Speaker 2: She's like, I just don't like sense.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I thought Joey Tribbiani had that job for some reason. I thought on Friends or some other show, I see somebody going aramis, aramis.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they don't do it anymore, thank goodness. It is aggressive and you don't know people's allergies.
Speaker 3: Like, just spray it on them, now you They just ask, Now they ask, would you like I thought they hand you a strip.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, you do a strip, they spray it on that, then they give you the coffee beans. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I felt like Kelly saying that that dig to her was exactly something that Jackie would say it was, but like an Old Housewives kind of line totally good. But I guess they're not done hating each other.
Speaker 2: No, that was boring.
Speaker 3: I'm so bored with it.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's it's going to get next level fun soon you do. I'm not sure. It just it's next level sort of twisty tourney. You know what it gets, it gets next level.
Speaker 3: In this episode, it gets next level dumb because Donna gets a job in Hawaii and then she's like, come with me, David, I'll switch my ticket. Well, I guess she's getting a first class ticket as a new assistant.
Speaker 2: Okay, zero.
Speaker 3: Then she says, I'll twist it. I'll turn it in for two coach tickets, and then he says, completely out of character, why don't we all go to.
Speaker 2: Can I ask a question about the lady you're interview going on. That's how it works on TV shows, you guys. I guess I need to know about the lady you're interviewing with, Like, all of a sudden, was she sick? Does she have? What happened? Is she having like ibs?
Speaker 3: Let's have something bad is happening?
Speaker 2: She got a one day viral, like you got to get to the bathroom. That's all I know maybe she had the og covid a hot flash.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it was either a hot flash or she's about to her pants.
Speaker 2: For sure it was his stomach flu.
Speaker 3: Oh bad. She's at that weird restaurant, y'all were She seems pretty high maintenance. I'm a little worried about Donna's job with her and you shouldn't be nutty, but also pretty well written, because you know, there are a lot of nutty, totally people in this business. So that was pretty It did make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could totally see myself being like, you have the job at diarrhea Duct, You're gonna handle everything. Bye.
Speaker 3: Uh Yeah, it's exciting. I'm excited that Donna has this job. I don't know what's going to happen, but she gets to go Hawaii.
Speaker 2: No assistant is getting a first class ticket.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: Never, We're like, can you drive? Like can you.
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 3: You just get yourself there and then I'll pay for your meals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll give you forty dollars per getting per diem. I'm sure you are.
Speaker 3: Probably. I guess it's a big budget thing because of the guy. Who's the guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some fancy guy. Should Brandon have gone No, I kind of agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just I guess he's going with his friends. But it feels really weird that everybody's going to Hawaii and Kelly's not, and everybody's.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, bye. It happens so fast trip and you're not coming, but who cares by Like, no discussions. It happened so fast, so it gave us time to not really focus on that. But if you really think about it, on that five and a half hour flight, I'd rebummed, like, she's not coming.
Speaker 3: Also, none of them have jobs. How are they affording? Just let's go to Hawaii on a whim Buffets, baby Buffets. I guess they're from Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: We were in the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel.
Speaker 3: Will know, Lulu, Okay, are you so excited to go to Hawaii? On the show, You're so excited.
Speaker 2: I have some fun stories for your guest. I bet if.
Speaker 3: I'd been there, I would know the fun stories, but I don't, so I'm excited to hear them. I guess I was just I think this was like a month after I had the baby. It was time to go back to work. Is that normal maternity leave timing? I don't think so. One month of time off when you have a baby.
Speaker 2: I was somewhere. I was quite literally in a hotel. But was I already there or somewhere else when I got the call from Tiffany that you had just had the baby?
Speaker 3: Where were you? Were you in Hawaii? I did you stay? You? How are you? You don't want to come home?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: She knows me so well.
Speaker 2: So probably I was like, I'm gonna take one little personal trip with like my brother and friends before we so film, and I probably overstayed and then had to go right to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Probably, yeah, yeah, Where was I though? But yeah, I know, I just remember. It was just one month of like your life changing one hundred percent, when you're just this is your first baby, and you know it's crazy, and then you have to go back to being on set at six am. Oh my gosh, it's a baby on your boot.
Speaker 2: Oh wait when we when we come back, will you tell the story about because Luca was not expected that day and Peter was working.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, Is said, Okay, said that, yes, okay, it's fine. He was away when he didn't make it back.
Speaker 2: But he tried, which is why Tiffany was there.
Speaker 3: Was Tiffany there for the yes one?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she was there. She was there like they're there, yes because I got the call from her, and then I felt so guilty that I wasn't in town and it's like Peter didn't make it back.
Speaker 3: No what Yeah, I have my mom and dad both there, so I was good. Well, I don't know where we go from this. I guess everybody just leaves rat it. It's hard to rate at half of an episode.
Speaker 2: It really is, because one's going to get good right now. We're just you know, finding out to lay in the pipe. We're just like laying the pipe. I hate that term.
Speaker 3: Sounds like poop, right, It's gross. What is laying the pipe.
Speaker 2: Mean taking a poop?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, yes, no in your demented brain maybe, but in the world means like you have to lay the pipe, the foundation, prepping things, doing the groundwork. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm going to give this two ratings. Writing a five show an.
Speaker 1: Eight okay, wow, because I think everybody was trying their best with a bad script.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: We'll get used to that.
Speaker 2: And laying the pipe also mean a poop reference.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you asking, Siri?
Speaker 2: Yes, Reddit tells me some people refer to pooping as the laying pipe. I'm gonna drop the turd, Okay, go on, Okay, what's your reading?
Speaker 3: I feel I'm pretty in a line with the five on the on the writing, and.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna start splitting up numbers now, you guys, why not I feel like working ourselves? Then?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, then I'm gonna have to give it a six. I didn't. I didn't feel like the feelings I wanted to feel coming back from in real life being a super fan of the show, waiting and waiting and waiting for the episode to come out all summer.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like Flavor Flave, like guest hosting on Dancing with the Stars. I'm gonna give it an eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you wanna, you can do it. Ish Yeah, you feel good about the eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't feel good about it? Seven point five? Please? Okay?
Speaker 3: I could tell Well, we'll see what happens when they go to Hawaii next week, that's for sure. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: On breaking down this season because we are not gonna be afraid to criticize some things, so we'll enjoy the good and we'll have fun with the bad.
Speaker 3: And yeah, if that bothers you, let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's not gonna bother anybody. They're gonna be in it with us.
Speaker 1: We all love Hillary's Mike. But I think that the writers did are dirty. I think that was why the character just failed.
Speaker 3: Well, we will find out more next week on part two of season eight's opening episode, Aloha, Beverly Hills, Part two. Everybody watch it. Aloha Nice