Speaker 1: Good morning everyone. It's Tuesday, September thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I'm a and I'm TJ. Holmes. Oh baby, they this can't be true, Nicole Nick Keith can't be true. We're told it's true. Several outlets have confirmed Keith Urban Nicole Kitman are calling it quits as of now. I guess Robes, this is just one who is We weren't even rooting for. We just they've been together so long.
Speaker 1: It seems solid. They seem solid, you know, And that's just another example of you never know. But they were definitely a Hollywood couple, I guess, a Nashville couple that people looked up to as a shiny example of how it can work.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, we're getting that news. We'll get into what's going on with them. Also Fast and Furious, actor Star warned out for his arrest because of something his dogs did. We will explain this, and I say, Star, maybe it's not one of the people I know. Yes, we talk about Tyrese Gibson as a warrant out for his arrest this morning. Also, the president is getting.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: I think there is account of how many. I think it's in the nine figures, like one hundred plus million dollars he has gotten from suing big companies because they keep settling with them. And now we got another one. Well we have ABC, we had, Yes, we got now YouTube thrown into the mix. But yes, they are writing a big check to the president as well. And Rhodes. If you're a big time beer company, you should probably have the capability of making beer. Yeah, but they're the largest, one of the largest beer companies in the world as of this morning, says they do not have the capability.
Speaker 1: Because of a cyber attack.
Speaker 2: This is a very disturbing story for beer drinkers out there. And were you a monopoly of McDonald's Monopoly girl, Yes.
Speaker 1: I totally was. I was completely into it. I have such a memory of pealing open to see I never I think maybe I won like a diet coke, or that's maybe like an extra fry. But I was excited.
Speaker 2: They call it the thrill of the peal.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: And yes, monopoly is coming back to McDonald's for the first time in a decade. We'll get into that. Also, this is a sweet store. We see this sometimes on movies. I don't see it that often in real life. A cruise ship pulled off of rescue. Yes, isn't this the stuff of movie I haven't really heard of this.
Speaker 1: It's happening, it is, and it's only because of the hurricanes churning in the Atlantic. We'll explain that one also on the run this morning. The clock is ticking on the government shut down and it's not looking so good. But a Gaza peace deal is looking better. It's been accepted by one side. That's a start. Prosecutors want Diddy in prison for more than a decade. And the Charlie Kirk suspect and the North Carolina mass shooting suspect both made court appearances yesterday. And yes, that massive and mysterious military meeting is happening this morning, and our jaws have been dropping. And yes, those two storms I just mentioned that were a reason or at least responsible for the rescue. Well, they're doing a destructive dance in the Atlantic. We'll tell you all about that. But we do begin our run this morning with some hopeful news. There is a peace deal in place to end the warr in Gaza. President Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met yesterday at the White House and then held a joint press conference announcing Israel has agreed to Trump's twenty point peace plan, and now we wait.
Speaker 2: Because Israel has agreed, Hamas has not. They have received it and they are reviewing the proposal. And as the emissary who delivered, they said they are reviewing it in good faith. So maybe they are keeping an open mind to this thing, or maybe they listen to Benjamin Netanyahu's words, who said that if Hamas does not accept the peace deal, that he will and I quote, finish the job. The peace deal has several components that are being talked about, but it would call for a immediate secession of all hostilities and to have all the hostages returned in seventy two hours, their forty eight among them, and twenty still believed to be alive ropes.
Speaker 1: All right, we will wait and see on that one. But in the meantime, we have some more waiting and seeing to do. In Washington, d C. Lawmakers have until midnight tonight to reach a deal to avoid that government shutdown, but it seems unlikely at this point. President Trump met with House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffreys and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer yesterday marking by the way the first time Trump hosted Democratic leaders to the White House in his second term.
Speaker 2: That I cannot believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the first time.
Speaker 2: It's September.
Speaker 1: Yes, just hey, how you doing have to right? Hello? Nothing speaks volumes. But guess what the first time it didn't appear to go so well.
Speaker 2: Okay, and not just because they walked out without a deal. They walked out and immediately started blasting each other, pointing fingers.
Speaker 1: J d.
Speaker 2: Vance, the Vice President, said the government was headed to a shutdown because Democrats won't do the right thing. Senator Schumer pointed to the large differences on healthcare as the sticking point, but President Trump took the cake with his response. He shared an AI generated video on social media. In that video, in mocked Senator Schumer with a fabricated voice, and he was standing next to Representative Leader Akeem Jeffries, and he had a fake mustache and a sombrero on his.
Speaker 1: Head like dancing like really silly, and I guess intentionally humiliating. The video falsely accuses Democrats of wanting to give free healthcare to undocumented immigrants. Republicans need several Democrats, though, to pass his government spending bill, but Democrats say they will not vote for the bill unless Republicans add one trillion dollars to healthcare spending to extend Obamacare subsidies that are set to expire and to reverse those cuts made to Medicaid and other healthcare programs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Republicans going to force another vote today in the Senate to approve the House passed legislation to temporarily keep the government funded. Trump officials have signet that they will mass firings if the government shuts down. The White House sending federal agencies a letter saying they should quote use this opportunity to consider reduction in force.
Speaker 1: All right, Next up on the run, the big why are we here? Meeting of senior leadership is going on right now as we're recording this in Virginia. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth is on a stage and giving a prepared speech. He summoned all generals and admirals for this meeting with no reason given for why they were all being told to come back.
Speaker 2: And actually, we've been watching and listening for a while, and there are a lot of people still wondering even though this meeting is underway, and we've been able to hear what Pete Hegseth is saying to the military leaders. People are still wondering why they're there so far. At least the content seems to be something that could have been emailed. Quite frankly, a lot of what we have heard of stuff we've heard coming out of the Defense Department before, but some of it certainly made us sit up. Suggestions semi say it to these military leaders. Would you want your child serving next to someone in the military that was too fat or a woman who couldn't meet the same physical standards. He was saying some stuff we've heard before. But you're wondering, what's the point.
Speaker 1: Of this, Yes, he said, we don't want to have first if they're not the best, so going after DEI standards as we've been hearing from this administration for months and months and months.
Speaker 2: What was it? We just heard one analyst on CNN who was asked a question about what you've heard so far, he said, I bet a bunch of generals are sitting in that room looking at each other or holding or saying to themselves under their breath, why are we here?
Speaker 1: We traveled thousands of miles for this.
Speaker 2: Oh, there was a line eight thousand miles for this, So it's happening. It's going on. I'll throw in one other wrinkle here, the question about the shutdown. If the government shuts down tonight, you have a lot of staff, not just the generals, they have a lot of staff who have come. Are they going to get stuck here? Will they still be able to spend money to rebook to get to wherever they're supposed to be in the country, in the world.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they've already booked the tickets fingers cross.
Speaker 2: So all that adds to the matter. Now, the president says he's going to attend this meeting and address as well, trying to figure out what this was about the presidential NBC News over the weekend. They're simply going to talk about how we're doing militarily and talk about a lot of good positive things.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up on the run, prosecutors want did he in prison for eleven years? The government revealed overnight they'll be asking that Sean Didtycombs be sentenced to one hundred and thirty five months in prison, and yes, that translates to eleven years three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's scheduled to have a sentencing hearing this Friday for his two convictions on transportation to engage in prostitution. Both of those carry a maximum sentence of ten years each, but his defense team and their sentencing memo said he should be sentenced to fourteen months given time serve. That means he would be walking out of prison maybe in the next month or so. But also they made a motion that his convictions be vacated and that he should get a new trial. Now, that was last Thursday. The judge said he was going to rule on that very shortly. That was last Thursday, So we stand by still for that decision, But a lot of people thought it would come quicker. So is he really considering these roades.
Speaker 1: We thought it was going to come within hours like that day, because the judge has.
Speaker 2: Been like that throughout the trial. He has been really quick on decisions.
Speaker 1: All right, But we're hearing a lot from Diddy's purported victims, including Cassie, and we'll have much more on that later today, So look for that episode because we're going to get into the think of it, and there is a lot of really interesting information and compelling arguments on both sides. All right. Next up on the Run, The twenty two year old accused of killing Charlie Kirk, made a court appearance on Monday. Tyler Robinson remotely appeared for that hearing, whereas attorneys asked for a preliminary hearing, and that's when the judge would determine if there's enough evidence to move forward with a trial.
Speaker 2: Well, prosecutors have quite a bit of evidence to move forward with a trial, as you know, and a lot of it came from Robinson himself in the form of text messages he reportedly sent to his roommate and romantic partner in the hours after or Kirk's assassination. Prosecutors have charged Robinson with aggravated murder and plan to seek the death penalty. His attorneys say they need time to go through all of the evidence in the case, saying, until we can kind of get our heads around exactly what we're dealing with and how much we need to process, it's going to be difficult for us to give you a reasonable expectation of when we'll be ready to do the prelim Now, if I am a defendant possibly on the death penalty on the table, you want to hear your lawyers say that I'm kind of getting my head around.
Speaker 1: Well, they're trying. They didn't have to so normally, I mean, they're given the opportunity to have this preliminary hearing, but a lot of defendants and their attorney's skip it and just move on to the arraignment and to replee and move forward. But they're actually using this to buy time to try and figure out how to defend this young man.
Speaker 2: And defensible what some would say, given the evidence they've put out.
Speaker 1: My goodness, right exactly, So Robinson is scheduled to appear in person, by the way, for his next hearing, which is exactly a month from today, on October thirtieth.
Speaker 2: All right, leg of our Run takes us to another courtroom, this one in North Carolina. Way a prosecutor described an alleged mass shooter as having disturbing precision. Nigel Edge is accused of killing three people and injuring five others when he opened fire from his boat onto a waterside restaurant in Southport where people were hanging out that night, enjoying live music and enjoying drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. So Edge, a former and highly decorated marine did not enter a plea yesterday, but some details did come to light. Prosecutors say they found multiple firearms when they searched his own. They also revealed that all of the victims had been shot in the head, and that may point to that disturbing precision. He had a scope, according to prosecutors, on that assault rifle and was a trained marksman. He was a trained sniper in the Marines.
Speaker 2: Whine. There's a whole lot more about this suspect if you go back. I'm not sure how far in our feed now, but we did a full episode on this man, his connection to a country music star, and really his a series wrote I mean not a series, I just say a history, a long history of mental illness.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right.
Speaker 2: Continuing on the run here now, two major storms are churning in the Atlantic Ocean. Neither is expected to make landfall in the US, but they are producing high surf, life threatening rip currents, and heavy rain along the East Coast. Tropical Storm Amelda has already been blamed for the deaths of two people in Cuba.
Speaker 1: That's right. Authorities in the Bahamas right now closing schools with a hurricane watch in effect. They have Hurricane Umberto nearby, and tropical Storm Imelda forecasts to become a hurricane later today. Also in the area. All flights to and from those islands have been canceled, one meteorologist saying this it's going to be a double whammy for Bermuda, Umberto first and Amelda following close behind.
Speaker 2: Now Umberto has been downgraded this morning to a still powerful Category three hurricane, whether forecasters say eventually the two storms will draw closer and start rotating counterwise around each other in a rare phenomenon, which is called fuji.
Speaker 1: Wama Fujiwara Fujiwara Wara effect, Yes, named after a Japanese meteorologist. If that's what happens, it's a good thing actually for the United States, According to the lead hurricane expert at Aki Weather, who said this, the rare Fujiwara effect between Umberto and Imelda is expected to help spare the southeast US from widespread flooding rainfall. The influence from the much stronger and larger Umberto will literally tug at Amelda and help pull the storm away from the US and out to see that.
Speaker 2: I love finding the all these little nuggets about whether I didn't know about the Fujiwara effect.
Speaker 1: We just first yep, first some I heard of it.
Speaker 2: We're just dealing with the heat dome. I just figured that out last summer. All right, stay with us, folks here on this Tuesday morning, Ron when we come back. Another company writing a big check to President Trump. Also, the President issued a new tariff, this one one hundred percent on something you probably love. Also Nicole Kidman Keith Urban. We love them. Hate to hear this news that those two are going to be splitting all so fast and furious Star dealing with an arrest warrant for something his dogs did and a cruise ship to the rescue. Continuing now on this Tuesday morning, Ron and YouTube is the next big company to write a big ass check to President Trump. The company will pay twenty four point five million dollars to settle a lawsuit brought by Trump after the YouTube that channel suspended his account following the January sixth attack on the Capitol Wow.
Speaker 1: Trump argued that the suspension of his account violated his First Amendment rights. Ah that First Amendment still popping up in the news headlines. It's the same argument he made in lawsuits against Meta and Twitter, and he came out on top in those two as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, Matta the on our Facebook and Instagram. They agree to pay him twenty five million dollars to settle. Twitter settled for ten million dollars with him and to make up with the dollars here twenty four point five million was the total. Twenty two of that goes to the President and he's putting it towards the new ballroom at the White House. He said they're gonna find private money and it's not gonna be a taxpayer thing. It's gonna cost maybe two hundred million dollars. He's been collecting some checks.
Speaker 1: He certainly has suing media companies all right. Next up on the run, President Trump announced a new huge tariff, and nobody seems to know if he's actually serious, and even if he's he's and even if he is serious, a lot of folks aren't sure what he's talking about. This is the tariff, a one hundred percent tariff on foreign movies.
Speaker 2: What are you okay? Your first reaction to that, I'm gonna one hundred percent tariff on all foreign movies? What are you tariffing? What do you? I don't know Okay, we don't know how it's gonna work, but this is something he's threatened before. Put it in writing last night, saying, quote, our movie movie making business has been stolen from the United States of America by other countries, just like stealing candy from a baby. California, with its weak and incompetent governor, has been particularly hit hard. Therefore, in order to solve this a long time, never ending problem, I will be imposing a one hundred percent tariff on any and all movies that are made outside of the United States.
Speaker 1: So we have a lot of questions. First of all, how do you tear of a movie? And then how does it apply to any movie shot somewhere other than the US? And what if only a part of the movie was shot in the US. I mean they need scene sometimes in other countries to tell stories.
Speaker 2: So it's confused the actor was not a citizen in the United States. What if the director somebody who wrote it is from somewhere else. This makes no se What do we do? So we don't know if he's going to see through, but stand by for that. Continuing on the run. Now, this is a tough one and unexpected. It was a shocker to a lot of people. Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban calling it after nineteen years of marriage. They've been together since two thousand and five. They met at the I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds cool. Good Ay USA Gala in La They got engaged the following year, tie not a month later in Australia. But yeah, or outlets have confirmed that these two are no longer together.
Speaker 1: That's right. Kidman and Urban share two daughters together, seventeen year old Sunday Rose fourteen year old Faith Margaret. They were last seen publicly together in late June at a FIFA World Cup match in Nashville, about five days before their nineteenth wedding anniversary, which Nicole Dead did acknowledge and send a sweet note to Keith Urban that day. That was I believe June twenty fifth. Yes, but neither Kidman nor Urban have commented on the news. There's been no public statement, nothing on Instagram, nothing from their folks, but just several news organizations independently confirming that they have split.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the shocker. I mean, I don't think they have been a couple that stays necessarily. Tab Lloyd headlines They're just the family doing their thing. Lived in Nashville. Every time you talked to her home in Nashville, home, and it seems kind of sweet. I forget that he is also from down Under, yes, because he's a country music style. So yeah, so that's tough news to hear. But good luck, hope every that know how tough that can be on thing definitely is tough, all right. Continuing on the run here now, Tyrese Gibson is a wanton man because of his dogs. Police say they've issued a warrant for the Fast and Furious Stars arrest on a single count of cruelty to animals.
Speaker 1: They say his dogs killed another dog. He has four Cane Corso dogs. These are guard dogs. I'm not familiar with the breed, No don't.
Speaker 2: Did you look, but when you see them, you go, oh yeah, yeah, they're guard dogs.
Speaker 1: So police say Tyrese allowed the dogs to roam free in the neighborhood and then earlier this month, they claim that those dogs killed a Cavalier Spaniel that was in its own yard.
Speaker 2: Now, after that incident, police say Tyrese agreed to turn his dogs over, but then renigged and then refused on another occasion to turn them over, and they say that's why they've now issued a warrant for his arrest. How this go. I actually hadn't seen word or where of where the dogs are right now, but yeah, a bizarre story, sad. Yeah, the dog was in what they call those the the fenceless collar thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, an electronic fence.
Speaker 2: Electronic fence is what the dog had all right.
Speaker 1: Next up on the run cruise ship to the rescue. And if it weren't for those storms we just told you about churning in the Atlantic, it may never have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Royal Caribbean cruise ship rescued nearly a dozen of people on a makeshift raft in the middle of the Caribbean only because the ship was forced to change course Sunday evening to avoid Hurricane Umberto and tropical Storm Amelda, and that's when it came upon the raft. A cruise ship passenger took video of the rescue, saying the raft was starting to fall apart off the coast of Mexico, with the people on board waving a white flag of distress.
Speaker 1: The passenger went on to describe scene, saying the refugees were bailing water out of their raft as it was taking on the Caribbean sea, basically adding they were pretty malnourished and exhausted, but in great spirits once they made it onto the cruise ship. I can only imagine. Although there's no official report into what happened to the group after the rescue, cruise lines typically do hand off those they rescue to the appropriate authorities once they're on shore. They were headed to Mexico, so it's likely that is what happened.
Speaker 2: This is another one of those lessons man, A blessing came out of this thing that's causing destruction. Yeah right, the only reason they got. Who knows what would have happened to these people in the.
Speaker 1: Life is weird they I think everyone who saw the scene said these folks did not have long I mean their raft was sinking.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. All right. Continuing on the run here now with beer company? Is that to stop producing beer because of a cyber attack. We're talking about Japanese beer maker Asahi. They suspended all orders and shipping services and robes. They admit, we have no idea when we'll be back up and running.
Speaker 1: Here are their exact words. There is no estimated timeline for recovery. Who, the company, the largest and oldest in Japan, has thirty domestic production plants, and in a statement says they're still getting a read on just how many of them may be operational. And by the way, even if you don't know this specific Japanese beer Asahi, now.
Speaker 2: You know what people know it. If you ever go have sushi, you will see.
Speaker 1: A Saha, but you probably know Peroni and Pilsner or Kel. They also own those two beer brands as well. No personal data was taken from them. From what we understand, they.
Speaker 2: Wanted to know no declient information or anything I got that has evolved in the cyber attack. I did have to do a deep dive because Pironi and PILs No Rkel is my absolute favorite. So I had to go do a deep die.
Speaker 1: Those production plants are not Yeah I'm surprised. Yeah, that's the Czech Republic and Paroni Italian.
Speaker 2: That production still happens in Europe. Those aren't impact it just in Japan, got it? Who had found that detail For the final run here of our final leg of our run here on this Tuesday morning, Monopoly is back at McDonald's first time in ten years. Who knew the popular nostalgia inducing game will offer folks a chance to win all kinds of prizes, including, yes, a million dollar.
Speaker 1: Cash prize for the first time. The game's going to have a digital component, so you can collect your pieces and prizes in the McDonald's app, but you will still be able to play it in the traditional way of peeling those physical pieces off your menu items. Ah, I remember what nostalgia inducing is such a good way to put it, because that's exactly what it does for me when I think about it. But among the possible prizes, a million American airline miles, a ten thousand dollars Los shopping spree of fifty Yeah, we could a fifty thousand dollars vacation, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. We're in the market for all that, Yeah, i'd be Yeah, we shoo.
Speaker 2: A car, a vacation. We need some home furnishings.
Speaker 1: What's your McDonald's order?
Speaker 2: Double quarter pine that.
Speaker 1: With cheese, the same extra pickles for me, Tony.
Speaker 2: Oh no, please do not mix up our hands.
Speaker 1: All right, we would like to leave you on this Tuesday with our quote of the day. You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren't busy denying them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's step one. Oh my goodness, that's step one. How many people don't You don't have any idea how to correct your errors because you don't think you made one.
Speaker 1: And isn't it so good? This comes from Stephen Covey, author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, and that's a book that again he's he's been long gone for a while, but his book still reigns. I know it well, but I loved this quote. It made me laugh. You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren't busy denying them.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a good one. Take that one with you today. Volks, please tuck that one away and say it to yourself every half hour.
Speaker 1: All right, And with that, everyone, thank you for listening and running with us.
Speaker 2: I may be robots and I'm d J. Holmes. We'll see y'all soon.
Speaker 1: H