Speaker 1: I'm then to do vaugh and this is Conversations with the podcast. Today's guest is a rapper from Saint Louis, Missouri. Let's welcome Diamond Smith, better known as Big Boss VET.
Speaker 2: Finally got me in here. I'm in here now.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm doing it, but I'm doing it on the strength of my people's Dolly and Clay.
Speaker 2: They got me in here.
Speaker 1: You need people like that, though, people like that in your corner to make you do stuff, because those be the main things that take you to the next level. And guess who's my first guess. I got a first guess in here. You know, I don't know too much about it, but I know it through family. And if this family fucks with him, I fuck with him. So let me introduce y'all, Big Boss Vetat.
Speaker 2: Big Boss VET, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people come to meet for advice and shit and therapy, you know, in my regular life. So I figured I figured in the industry, a lot of people need advice in therapy with regular lifestyle, not so much with business, but with life in general, because getting the money be the easy part in the industry, but what to do with and how to enjoy it is the hard part.
Speaker 2: So they come to me.
Speaker 1: So I figured, Shit, why don't I ask somebody that's new in the industry, that's doing her thing and maybe she needs some help, So you could talk to me about everything. But first let me tell them about you though, you know, because I got some of the stuff here.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This is what I know her from from this song pretty girl walk like this this this, that's what I know her from, you know. But she also got the song Snatch problem Karma and I don't need you know. She performed at the BET Awards pre show in La. She was featured in the Cipher You know her snatched stream for over fifteen million times, one of the top sounds used on TikTok Snatch remix with Sausa Santana Flo Millie was released this past fall.
Speaker 2: Oh you're from Saint Louis. You're from the Lou the lou Okay you giving what? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Tell me about the lou Tell me where you're from, temp, tell me a little about yourself, Like tell me what got you in the game, Like like give me like I wanted, like your your upbringing, like your family bringing, and what transition into the industry.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So I want to say it all started in twenty fourteen. I was a broke high school student. I don't even think that my phone was on, Honestly, I think I just was. I just had a phone, like using it.
Speaker 4: On Wi Fi and money.
Speaker 3: Damn. I've seen people going viral for like doing like cover, so I'm like.
Speaker 4: Let me hop on the cover and off what covers covers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So my first cover was the Day's Love Tried Me and I did not know how to wrap on beat back in the day. So I'm like, I'm gonna just do it. We gotta be And when I did it, I think I posted the video like seven summer night.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The next morning went to school totally for gud that I even posted the video. I posted a picture and the mother god like a thousand likes in like thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, space, was.
Speaker 2: You let me ask you something? Not to cut you off? But I did? Was it? Was you already kind of popular?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: I was. I was a regular school student. I was.
Speaker 2: I don't know, did you have a lot of friends? Was you like in the cool crew?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I was just cool to sell so I would say yeah, but then again, I'm gonna say, was you.
Speaker 2: Popular in your school? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I actually was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just trying to see how to what might have caused the thousand. What'd you say you had interview.
Speaker 4: A thousand or something like yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What they're going on, Like I have never got the men likes, so I'm like, like, what's going on? And I posted a second picture because I'm like, let me see if it's gonna do the same thing, and they had like two thousands. I'm like like, yo, what's going on. So I'm going through my notifications on Facebook and I realized that the video that I supposed to do on the cover to the Days like Trying Me went viral, so that's where all them likes were coming in from. And I'm like, oh shit. So I'm reading the comments and they're like, so you saw pretty I'm like and I'm just like, I'm not a rapper like this this is just fun, Like I don't, like, I don't know what's going on. So fast forwarded like I just started like kept on doing covers, like, kept on doing covers, and I kept going viral of them I got in the studio and I did a I had laid the cover down to the Ludacris that moved to get out to that beat. And that's when I started getting booked to like sing my songs.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yo, like you.
Speaker 2: Got off the ground running, yo.
Speaker 3: And I was so nervous because I'm like, what am I supposed to do with all this new found family?
Speaker 4: Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: You had to learn as you go.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So I had one manager, which was my cousin, and we was working together for a while, and I was just like, yeah, it's not working off for me no more.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: For my first show ever, I think they paid me like seven hundred dollars like drive fourteen hours. And I was so excited about this year, Like I'm like, yeah, I was excited. I'm like, damn, like you want to pay to hear me wrap us all on that, you know, Like like I ain't even know rapper, like you say my beat.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Do you got siblings siblings like brothers and sisters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wasn't really close to none of my siblings. I was only close to my cousin.
Speaker 2: And I'm in the brothers and sisters you got.
Speaker 3: I got two brothers and I got one sister on my mom's side. I got a brother on my daily side and the sister I never met, and also have step siblings and siblings that I've met in this industry.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you got family outside like like me and my people's dollar, we family outside of the.
Speaker 4: Family at me and there because now we y'all feel me.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, so let me see all right, So you said, I'm trying to get more into like the family part of it too, Like like, so you went from Saint Louis, he was in the music he was in high school.
Speaker 2: When when this's when you went to high school. He was in high school.
Speaker 1: So from there, what was you doing before you was doing that just just in school? Regular? Did you have a job? Like how was the family structure like everything?
Speaker 4: I wasn't really close to my family, to be honest, like I had them blocked on.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: That's kind of because I heard you say when I asked you about your your siblings, like I don't really fuck with them like that.
Speaker 3: That's what I did it, but now I do. But back in the day, I did not like let's get into that. I was like the black sheep of the family.
Speaker 2: Like I like, why did they think you was the black sheep?
Speaker 3: Because I was not no yes man, Like I had grew up with the family that thought like, no matter what they said to you, you're not supposed to say them back. But I've always been that person that they would like be like, damn, what the fuck you're talking to me right that, you know, like you ain't even gotta say it like that, or I just was it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of both of y'all.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit of like because like sometimes cause it's happened to me sometimes, like sometimes you you want to you want to buck on people, but it's same time they just trying to help you in the way that they think they can help you, but then they be wrong in the motherfucker and then sometimes you be wrong in the motherfucking So like you said, y'all, y'all cool now, But did y'all have to come to that understanding to take a while or how did y'all get to that point?
Speaker 3: So me and my siblings talk to me, we was we was literally only closed when it was like time to fight, Like like I don't care what I said to my siblings. Can't Nobody else had that ship to them, like like I didn't like, I didn't care.
Speaker 2: But supposed to be.
Speaker 3: But we would, but we would just be like it would it would be a fucking jungle in our damn house.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we didn't. We didn't grow up close. We just didn't.
Speaker 2: Did they grow? Did they do? They? Are? They in the industry too? Music and all?
Speaker 3: They have regularized or regular nine to fives? Like I went from being a black sheet to the first million or in my family, I ain't cast that check, but I'm the first millionaire.
Speaker 2: And will you like the youngest oldest.
Speaker 3: I'm the I'm the youngest baby. I'm the baby.
Speaker 2: And what's the oldest?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: He liked thirty So okay, he thirty something some I don't know, but thirty something. And she had like I think twenty fifteen was like when I went down like a really really dark ass path. Like also, so I had like a lot of nine and fives then I was doing her and you know it was like things like that.
Speaker 1: So I got you at that dark spot? What you think I got shot? I said, what got you out of it?
Speaker 4: I got shot.
Speaker 2: Oh you was in the dark spot before you got shot. Yeah, I thought the dogs.
Speaker 1: I thought shit, oh wait wait wait wait you got a life foldo?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah alright, so so so talk to me. All right, so what happened?
Speaker 3: So boom mind you. I told you that I was only close to my cousin. Her name was Taja.
Speaker 2: We was like around the same age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and twenty fifteen the beginning of our senior year. Yeah you know, not senior because I graduated twenty sixteen. She dad before she started school. And they like send me down a really dark path because I felt like that I had nobody died. Oh it was we gotta talk off okay but yeah, so yeah, and they send me down dark path to where I was literally meeting people trying to make everybody tas you. And that was like putting me in bad situations. Like I was always fighting. I was always in.
Speaker 1: Trying to trying to make them all like you like your cousin, yeah, like like trying to make him feel that void.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I didn't have to feel me.
Speaker 3: That was like, let me go get you help, you know, like maybe need to talk to somebody like, which is like, now I won't go to therapy.
Speaker 4: I mean I might need to, everybody need to, but I won't go Why. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just therapy.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be like a therapist. It could be just somebody that you're comfortable with talking with.
Speaker 3: And that's why I got you on this side. I'm going I'm gonna lay it all down real soon.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I was like going crazy, like I was losing my mind. I didn't carry about my life. Ain't nobody else like I didn't care and I didn't care. And on her one year death in the anniversary was like two in the morning, we was leaving a party and went to go fight some ship I ain't even some ship that I shouldn't have even drove to, you know, pulled up and they weren't trying to fight. It was like gun just sid.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn.
Speaker 3: You know, when them billet started going, I froze because I'm like damn, like like.
Speaker 4: But I've been bamboo. This is not you know, this is going on you know and ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we was, we was fighting everybody, so we thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: It's just fight.
Speaker 2: It was like you know girls.
Speaker 3: Na, it wasn't no, it was no so no, it was it was girls in the background that we were supposed to go to, and when we got there, we didn't like the girls was really nonexistent because nobody's saying nothing. They would say it on the phone, were like going on and then men started speaking up and it's like er like we weren't even walking with y'all. And then luckily my cousin was there.
Speaker 4: We got shot with.
Speaker 2: Them, and.
Speaker 3: Shit, that ship went left like like immediately, and when I froze, something just like snapped me out of it and was like did you get down?
Speaker 4: Like what are you doing? Like you can't fight no bullet?
Speaker 3: So it was it was it was literally me, my cousin and my group was like back hurt.
Speaker 4: But he was the front of cinemas and.
Speaker 3: I had knew one of the people, so I'm like, y'all, let's just not do this because I know you and I know what, so let's just yea.
Speaker 4: Now, this was before and we.
Speaker 3: Were supposed to just walk away and just be like all right, y'all, just let it go on our way walking away. One of my cousins have to get the last word, and the dude was like, what you saying, nigga, and my cousin repeating itself. And then one dude started shooting earth, and I guess the other one thought he was shot he was shooting at us because he didn't even look over before he started to shooting.
Speaker 4: He literally just started aiming at business. And and you can tell that the that the gun was too much for him to handle because his hand was just just going really fucking nearly.
Speaker 3: Yes. So I got down and then then I got up, and then I see my cousin, so I'm so I'm trying to go, you know, lift him up, like come on, let's go, Let's go. Because I didn't even realize I was shot yet, and I'm seeing blood fall and I'm like, what the fuck? And I'm and I'm and I'm checking myself. I'm like, yo, I'm like these I'm I'm shot, like and then that is that is when I started feeling this burning sensation that was like say, you say you like touch a stove and you like, but you but you cannot pull away, so which is constant burning.
Speaker 4: So that ship I.
Speaker 3: Started digging them off. I'm trying to like stop the burning it was. It was it was crazy and so.
Speaker 2: That there made you made you come to your senses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like because like afterwards, like it was, it was a lot of ship that I went through with that situation, and.
Speaker 2: It was like I was process.
Speaker 4: Oh this ship was once on.
Speaker 3: Then my my bull room actually got infected and well they won't take the bullet out. So I'm like, all right, because I cause I was hearing stories of people push their bullets out.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually they wouldn't give me the bullet or tell me what I was here with. They they actually took it into evidence. They wouln't give it to me. So after like it didn't hurt no more.
Speaker 4: I was trying to push the bullet out myself because I was tarning people do it, and they was like it didn't and didn't kill them. So I'm like, oh fuck, I'm gonna do it too.
Speaker 3: I tried to do it, and like this, this yellowish greenish substance started like oozing out of my arm and I couldn't stop it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, something is wrong.
Speaker 3: Went to the doctor and realized that it was an infection coming out, and they wound up taking the bullet out you know, they took it from me. They was like, we can't tell you about it, right, And I'm like all right, you know. And then a year later, I started getting this pain in my arm and I'm like, what the fucking on I like, and I'm like, maybe it's like a nerve damage, right, and I and like one day I was in so much pain, I'm like, something is wrong. I went back to the doctor and realized that it was a fragmenting on the nerve that was fucking me up and it traveled like up my arm.
Speaker 4: It was like right here.
Speaker 3: So like after yeah, I got your hair, and it like traveled her within a year and they was like it was going to keep traveling till they really smart and it could have killed me. So I needed to get surgery to get out. I'm like, damn, bitch almost died three times.
Speaker 4: God damn, Like shit, why you.
Speaker 2: Was going through it? Did it?
Speaker 1: Did you realize? What was you like in survival mode? Like I probably could die fucking around.
Speaker 2: And what you just like.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, litt to get the shit out, like like I'm like I'm tired of dealing with this shit, Like damn, Like like I don't even live that, like no more, like this ship is over with like stop, you know?
Speaker 1: Is that what made you transfer to like all right, I'm gonna put more into this music thing to get up out of here than get to Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: Nah? So what made me go into music is like the day yeah, like two days after I got shot, So my call looked like a fucking murders and it was blood eirwhere and nobody would have me cleaned out? And it was this man that I met, and he was like cool as hell and he literally was a fucking wolf and sheep clothing, so he helped me clean my car out. He was like so nice to me, wolf and sheep clothes, and I promise he was. He was everything that I could have wanted at first until he finally got me. And then the bitch went into demon time like demon mold like he was different, you know, and two months but being as though that I created a trauma bomb him and it was a coldependency. It was like I was I was up with how.
Speaker 2: Did it change you?
Speaker 1: How you feel like the accident changed you? Because he was there too, He was there through the healing part. Yeah supposed yeah, so he really didn't.
Speaker 4: Heal, like okay, so he was.
Speaker 3: He was there through the hell and like because I had to like separate myself from everybody who I was with because I didn't want to be outside fighting no more.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do all this no more.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, like I'm wasting my life right now, like I could be doing something better.
Speaker 4: And that's when I started focusing on music.
Speaker 3: And then once I used to like rap up my verses, he would be like, I don't I don't want you talking like that any songs people don't like, Like niggas just going to fuck you if they hear you talking like that, they ain't even gonna like your music. Like like he was instilling that shit in my mind, and I thought that this nigga knew what he was talking about at one point in time, until he would get caught cheating and then I'll drop a song and then I go viral, and then he would start acting back right and then I and then I would not drop no more music, and then he and then he would get caught cheating again.
Speaker 4: Then I drop these songs.
Speaker 3: So I started to come to realization, like, yo, God is teaching me to get the fuck away from you. Literally once I got away from that man, when I say my life elevated times team, like I was like getting bookings like every fucking weekend. I had a new manager, like like I was like living life and then shit.
Speaker 1: So what advice you would give somebody that's in the situation that went through what you went through is fucking shot and getting with this man that he was supposed to be helping you but he ended up being like me, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Go to a therapist.
Speaker 3: I do not cut everybody off for one person, because you would create a very hard codependency that is very hard to even break that shit like this shit is horrible.
Speaker 4: You know this is hard.
Speaker 2: So you need to take your own advice.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: I do, Like, how did you stay so positive when everything is falling the party around you?
Speaker 1: You control the things you can and the things you can't. Fuck it, it's really.
Speaker 3: Since say fucking with a smile on your face or you say fuck it with tours eyes both.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I usually only cry for tears of joy or something like personal. I don't cry for problems that the world problems like really problems, a career problems?
Speaker 4: Do you cry about them? Have you ever crowd about it.
Speaker 1: No, No, But see I'm I've been in this game so long that my career is just like it is what it is at this point. It's like it's I've programmed my my career so much to where you know, you plant seeds, not even grow nows, and all I gotta do is keep keep watering.
Speaker 2: So that's really where I'm at now.
Speaker 1: But even at even at your level when just getting in the game, as far as the industry, you can't really you can't really like put dwell on something that that's that's not that you can't control, you see what I'm saying. So, like it's like the lottery. This's how I treat the industry. Like the lottery. It's like you won't you can't play, you can't win unless you play. At the same time, you don't quit your job or you don't quit living your life and depend on just the job. You get what I'm saying. So that's how I treat the industry. It's like I do this shit at the same time, I don't put all my love into the industry. I got life outside of the industry. So if the industry gone or something happened, like say, feeling like twenty twenty when it wasn't nothing to do, I still had a life, so I never really seen the difference in the transition of what happened.
Speaker 2: So that's how I treat it.
Speaker 4: Do you for being canceled?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: How to get canceled every week? Shit, dude, That's why I didn't.
Speaker 1: That's the main reason what took me so long to do a podcast, because I don't like to talk so much because the more you talk, the more they got to the more they got to take from you and to take the wrong way. So when I try to talk, I try to talk when it's purposeful, you know what I'm saying, stall just randomly talking.
Speaker 2: That's what podcasts do a lot. So do you.
Speaker 3: Feel like kind of sensor on yourself make you unhappy within your job?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, because I've been I've been able to say and do what I want for so long, and so now it's to the point life has changed to where how people see things like safe things like being sarcastic. Being sarcastic used to work great, that's really what my comedy is, being sarcastic, but they don't read well online. Yeah, so yeah, so It's been like a task for me to go with the times because now the youngest generation, they don't read sarcasm, like how we did it? You know what I'm saying, So I have to understand it, so I don't really get upset with it. I don't get trip off of I just understand what the game is. But the good thing is being who I am. I can get away with a lot more than the average person because y'all know me for who I am, so I can the people that know me know me. It's just the new people that don't know me, they might take it the wrong way. It's like your uncle, you know, your granddaddy, he say crazy shit. Even if you know it's your granddaddy. You was like, all right, he's just that's just grand dad. That's how they look at me. Now, let's just do vall. He's just saying shit. You got to get to that point, and it takes a long time. It takes a lot of getting canceled, you know what I'm saying. I don't recommend it to people, you know, but it's what I signed up for, you know. But for somebody like you, I wouldn't. Don't always go against the grain, because sometimes going against the grain can can mess up something for your future. Shit, you know what I'm saying. So just just put that in because sometimes you be like, fuck it, I want to do what I want to do, and sometimes just that's why you want to have somebody good in your coner that you trust. Now you don't have to listen to everybody, but somebody that's just like that.
Speaker 4: You trust that that is Snake for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Snake a good one. How do you feel about because this is this is like this should be a nationally asked question. Okay, So when a female rapper, right when when when people ask her like, oh, are you in a relationship or are you single? Do you feel like that if she's in a relationship, she is handling her career.
Speaker 4: Now why not?
Speaker 1: How could it? I don't get how why do people think of the hinder your career? If your career is your career. It's like it's like saying at a regular job, if you work in a corporate business, like it's the wife hindering his career.
Speaker 3: No. But like, but as a female rapper, like you have to be a fantasy, like people cannot know your personal life because now they quick to judge you not.
Speaker 2: It's like saying that if people don't know I got old lady, the women ain't gonna like me. No.
Speaker 3: See it's different for men. Men could be married and and bitches do not give a fuck. But if a girl is in a relationship, they hate her.
Speaker 1: You think so, I don't know the hat her? So do you think so? You think the same thing about Cardi b Her and her dude and all set.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no, because I feel like they were already rich. It's like, once you're rich, I don't I don't have personal life from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about Queen Naja her whole relationship she started with a dude, a dude right there, they watched the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Nah see okay, but no, no, the story was different though, like like like if like the world do not like watching women being treated like nothing? You know, like if if we see somebody hurting you, we want you to get about the situation and we're gonna be here to support you until you do. But if you're happy and that relationship is different, I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I think it's all how you can make it, like like that's the Queen Nage She's a perfect example.
Speaker 2: She showed her whole. Not only is it what she showed.
Speaker 1: She started off on YouTube showing her relationship and showing how they grew together and through that, her music reflected that, and that's why it worked. Like people buy into the Yeah, so if they bind to you as a person, whatever, come with you, it's gonna work. You get, you know what I'm saying. It's just like with me, they buying to me as a person. So if they know I got an old lady, they know I like women that like women. Everybody knows that, so they go with it. You know what I'm saying. Now, if I came off like I'm just this guy in a relationship and they find out I'm over here fucking bitches, this, that, and whatever, they not gonna go with it.
Speaker 2: It's just like finding out a rapper, ain't he a snitch? You get? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like he ain't the person I thought he would. It's the same thing in that. But if you fit the person that they think you is, you could be what the fuck you want to be.
Speaker 2: You get. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I do that was explained fucking well I like that, you know, you know, sh that was explained fucking perfectly, Like nobody has ever explained it like that to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's it's it's just simple.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You just got to put it in perspective.
Speaker 1: That's why you want to have somebody around you, like like snake around you, to give you a different perspective of things. You know, and sometimes, like you say, you'd be like dam I ain't look at it that way. And it's just really.
Speaker 4: Simple right now, in this industry, what do you think is selling the most.
Speaker 1: Worldly music musically that people like afrobeats and things like that, things that people can feel. I mean, if you go if you go by the internet, you ain't gonna never get it because the Internet looked like it's just like that, you know what I'm saying, that's like micro waves stuff. But if you really pay attention to people, pay attention to what's going on out around you, you know, you'll see what's going on and it's worldly. And that's never stopped. It's always been music that everybody can feel, you know. But you still need the regular music too, You still need to street me, you still need to talk shit music all of that shit works and it works in itself. But for what's selling and really it's gonna stick forever, it's stuff that people could feel and stuff that people can uplifting and vibe to. That's why Pretty Girl Walk work because it uplifted women and.
Speaker 3: Crazy part is that was my first crossover record and I did not know what to expect of the record.
Speaker 1: Usually it always works as usually what I told you at the beginning, it's like the thing that you don't it be people around you. Like like like I said, people people around me, they push me to do certain ship thould be the ships that that works the most.
Speaker 4: If you can give me any type of advice, so so I don't go through anything, what would it be.
Speaker 2: I don't like giving advice to it.
Speaker 1: I have to understand you to give you advice, So I have to know you a little more because like I'll be giving you just blad advice. But the most advice I give everybody don't listen to nobody, pay attention to everything. That's what I That's the advice I give everybody because if I listen to the people, I wouldn't be where I will.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I am now, But I paid attention. You know what I'm saying, I pay attention to everything because you can learn from from other people. You just got to pay attention and understand pay attention. You know you have good people around.
Speaker 3: One more thing, if you could tell your younger self some that that really fucked you up in life, what would it be? So you so so your younger self, do not go through it right now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna sound cocky, but I say, you know what, you talk to my youngest self.
Speaker 2: Because I everything.
Speaker 1: Like people think you get older, you get wiser, but you kind of got to have it early only because there's like a lot of stuff that I know now to be like, oh yeah, because you og but what I am now? I programmed myself like this twenty years ago. You got to program yourself, like everything you're doing. If you you got to make yourself intentionally, make yourself be a good person, or make yourself do certain shit in order to get there, because otherwise you never gonna get there if you don't intentionally and like if say things, I want to do this, I want.
Speaker 2: To be this type of person.
Speaker 1: You got to intentionally keep doing it every day every day, and the next thing, you know, you that person. So that's that's why I would tell a younger person. But me, I was already doing it. So but I was instilled by older people. I always had older, older people taught me. I was my first friends was old people.
Speaker 3: Will my my friends now is older people. Everybody older than me as.
Speaker 2: That's a good age.
Speaker 1: Man, But you don't even know man, twenty five, that's a long time.
Speaker 2: Ago for me.
Speaker 1: How old are you for the six I'm cool with that. I take it like when I say, oh, I say there's a cool thing. I like being old because I don't want to be that young. To me, being young sound lame as fucked. I'm talking about being a young nigga. I don't want to be like them niggas. You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't want to be like I like being bro. I let nigga know I'm old. I ain't none like y'all niggas. I want you to separate me from all you young niggas.
Speaker 3: What is what is something that these young niggas is doing now that you have never life fucking done?
Speaker 2: Get my booty hole lick what.
Speaker 4: Type you don't like? Bitches in your ass?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't even like getting my nipples licked. I'm not that nigga.
Speaker 4: From nipples.
Speaker 1: Wait, because girl, I know girls be cool with licking nipples and ship. I ain't into that. If I get my liquor, nigga not letting them bitch lick my boodhole. I don't want white, do you. I got to hear my bully. You got to be a nasty bitch to lick my boodhole like I got to hear booty, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't kiss a bitch after she looked bad.
Speaker 3: Dollar, Yo, I mean we just vibe talking, Yo. How the hell do you functional? Weed?
Speaker 4: That's you know.
Speaker 1: I just started smoking weed like about five years ago, forties. She she knew me before I smoked weed.
Speaker 2: I just thought I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't function only like back in the day, I did smoke, like like way way back when.
Speaker 2: Like what's your choice? What's your vice?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Donald?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 4: And a rebel.
Speaker 2: You can drink like a mother, drink a.
Speaker 4: Bitch down like I can't.
Speaker 3: But you know you can't out drink women absolutely cannot. Wait a minute, hold on, but if we drinking some foot a lot of their liquor.
Speaker 2: Because what's for a lot of their liquor.
Speaker 3: I don't know whatever they had in them Patron bottles that they gave me when I say, heard me out, Matron. Any day I can't drink what y'all like, y'all, I'll be up. But I don't know what they had in their idemn or die when I lived there.
Speaker 1: Be careful, somebody run. That's checking that the liquor sneak checking their liquor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matron is real.
Speaker 4: But it was a fun time though it was. It was a fun. But I'm gonna let you know this now, I'm bringing my own liking.
Speaker 1: Next sound they ditch everywhere. I want to share my story, my truth.
Speaker 4: Hey when I say, I'm just bring my own liking next time.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, what's your end game?
Speaker 4: My end game in life, not in the just in life. My end game is.
Speaker 3: To be so rich that I create generation in the wealth to where my keys, my keys beyond money, beyond beyond money.
Speaker 1: Because that's this is what this is what Remember I told you at the beginning. People come to me because after they get the money, because like I said, money, it sounds like it's hard to get.
Speaker 2: But this After you get.
Speaker 1: The money, that's when it's hard to be happy because now you got to think your whole life. Like you said, I want money. I want money. I gotta get this money so I can take care of all that. Once you do all that, it's like, all right, now what so what's after that? What you what? What can you do to be happy with? Making vet happy? I don't know your real name, but making that person happy. I'm Diamond, Make Diamond happy.
Speaker 3: I think I would like to have a great relationship with my therapies. Whoever it is, all right because because.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to be up there, because it's not you'll come.
Speaker 4: To me every day it is you already listen.
Speaker 2: What's your sign?
Speaker 4: Libra? Welcome to death, bro.
Speaker 2: I don't know labors too much.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, icked o.
Speaker 2: Fun fact leavers are to have the most billionaires.
Speaker 4: She looks so see.
Speaker 1: But that's why I told you don't worry about the money, because you're gonna get money. So now what you gotta program yourself for?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What after the money, how I'm gonna make I'm gonna make Diamond happy.
Speaker 4: Diamond is Doamon is going? So wake up every day you want kids.
Speaker 2: So you don't, and it's no problem if you don't.
Speaker 3: I want Actually, so Diamond's gonna wake up every day with her ten kids, start with her four dogs, playing on starting. Oh yeah, four dogs. She's gonna have a form. She's gonna grow her own fruit vegetables.
Speaker 2: Are you doing that now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, see what I told you about programming. You gotta start programming away.
Speaker 4: I just signed the thirteen month least. I don't know after that then I want to start programming because they hold on.
Speaker 1: Now, just playing a tree at the house in the in your in your in your place, playing it like a little just it don't have to be a fruit. Just play on a simple tree and watch that girl, and that might get you into it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You gotta program yourself to do.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's what's gonna bring you peace, because when you go, if you plan on getting peace when the industry, you're gonna always be frustrated. I'm telling And we think about twenty twenty when everybody was going crazy because they ain't had nothing to do. Because you know I again, yeah, that's when you had shit to do. They didn't had nothing to do because they was I ain't talking. I'm talking about as far as working shit is, the industing, the music industry, the act the movie industry.
Speaker 2: It wasn't nothing to do because they they love us all in what they do. I was chilling.
Speaker 1: I had the time because I already programmed myself to know how to live without the cheers. Damn yeah, you gotta learn how to live without the chair or just think. You know how, sometimes on social media you post something you're gonna get a lot of likes and donna get nothing. You know how, that feeling, just madine, that's gonna be your feeling for the rest of your life. You gotta know how to stomach that and be happy that you don't get that in real life. So that's why I'm just saying, program yourself now to say it don't have to be nothing big, it.
Speaker 4: Makes you happy.
Speaker 1: Simple ship like what I can do legos right now and be happier than the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I do that right now.
Speaker 1: I could do simple ship like I live on the I live in a place where if I don't need it there, I don't need it, like I could find happiness with I live in the Islands, and the Bahamas, and I could just chill right there and be at peace and be happy with doing nothing.
Speaker 4: You're not scared to live on island like a hurricane comes, Yeah, hell, get.
Speaker 2: The hell on.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about that, Me and my friend were just talking about that. But ain't this hurricane season? Like, yeah, but I got a plane so I can get the hell on always.
Speaker 4: So you got a plan that it's just ready to go when you Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got my own.
Speaker 1: And see that goes back to I programmed and I plant seeds a while ago, to where when it gets to the point I can just say, why did.
Speaker 4: You learn how to how to program yourself?
Speaker 1: Paying attention to whirl and life and like the next step, always standing ahead of the curve, like what's next.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not into the now. I'm into what's next.
Speaker 1: You gotta think everything we see now, somebody plant that shit twenty years ago. Somebody that was thinking about twenty years ago. So yeah, whatever, eat like the Simpsons, But it's look around at your neighbor That's why I say don't paytients that even in your neighborhood, you see them buildings going up, all them building like you see somebody might be building something that I don't know where you live at, but you see a building they plant that shit twenty years ago? Are they planned ten years ago? And there's up? So why you just why while the average person sitting there worried about current events and shit, they just what twenty twenty happened? Them? Motherfuckers building? Like mother they knew something because they plant that shit. I don't know if they planned that, but they plant building shit around whatever was going on because they knew. So you got to be ahead of the curve on anything you do.
Speaker 4: That's a word. Now I'm thinking, but you.
Speaker 1: See you you're thinking there's a billionaire because you're a liber Yes, that billionaire thinking. I want you to go past that. I want you to be at peace and happiness. That's what you asked me. How I find pieces because I don't look for peace into worldly things or into my career.
Speaker 2: You know, I find peace into.
Speaker 4: But how did you separate that though? Because it's so hard.
Speaker 1: To I just told you every day planning seas and it's a simple process. But it's just like you gotta get in the programming of doing this. It's like, all right, today, what I'm gonna do today, what can bring me happiness outside of this or outside of that? And that's what I do. I am a therapist. What's your sign?
Speaker 4: I need to know you have enough people inside you? You got enough people inside of you. That's all I needed to know, Like you ain't on you right.
Speaker 1: Hey, And I have people around me that balanced me out too, though, Like I can call people, I can call friends and be like, hey, boom boom, boom bom. We just iron shop be iron you know, So you just talked to them. They taught me back, or they healed me back with with some words, they get me right There're like boom, that's all what I need.
Speaker 3: Have you ever got into a relationship that that made you look at the world differently, Like, look at your career differently, look at doing things differently, Like I've.
Speaker 1: Always been a relationship type person. So I don't know, I've always I never put thought in relationship, but I've always I've always been a relationship guy. So I don't know how to answer that question because it's always been in me to do relationship ship, but it's never stopped my my my career. But people that's been in my in my life. They always knew this was me because I've done this since I've been a jit. I've been entertaining them in popular since I was about a kid, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's always grew more and more and more.
Speaker 1: I might've been just the nigga in the neighborhood that's popular, and I went to nigga and all the school's popular, when the nigga in Jacksonville popular, when the niggas in the South and TV at all. So it's always grown. So if you was around me, you kind of knew what it was. And that's what's gonna happen to you over time. It's just just new. Over time, they gonna know, all right, she you ain't gotta tell a person you're a rapper because they know you know what I'm saying. So if they come in your life, they they kind of gonna know what the situation is. It's like, well, I said, when the motherfucker if a girl giving me a know that I don't like girls that like pussies. So if you don't, if a girl don't eat pussy, she can't get with me. So they know this already. So if you get with me, like I've had a relationship where it got with me for that and then when they get with you, they find out it's just doing it just to be with me. She ain't really gay for real, you know, And that's when it don't work.
Speaker 4: Would you ever change yourself to make the next person happy that.
Speaker 1: You're with I can't cause I'm an old nigga, and old nigga not just me, but me me, and once we get older, we kind of programming stuck in our ways, and I'm stuck and I'm a Gemini.
Speaker 4: So that makes all you got to say.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I got to learn the hard way, especially when I'm I'm everything I've been doing and working. So if it's been working, ain't too much you can tell me, and everything I've been doing in my career and life been working. So you can't tell me unless it's somebody like her, you know what I'm saying. Other than that, you can't really tell me.
Speaker 3: And that's why we locked in now because you over here study saying that she is a good person is going to be a great.
Speaker 1: Producing the show like she she's the person that's been She's the person that's my balance, especially when I'm going through my healing ship for the accident.
Speaker 2: She was right there, so and I don't be needing much, but the little ship go a long way.
Speaker 4: Have you ever operator out of here?
Speaker 1: I'm arrogant, programmed arrogant because I've always been who I am. So I've always even before, I was more cocky as a kid because I didn't know, because I always thought this shit work whatever I'm doing. So I never had no I never had no insecurities or nothing because it's always worked to me. And even I didn't know how little I was until I got older. So in my mind, I was just the ship, you know. But when I look older, I'm like I was a kid. They was looking at me as a kid while you asked that uh shit.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes I feel like for what could control you?
Speaker 4: You know, like yeah, like you would like think like.
Speaker 2: What's on the other side of it, what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: You might get canceled, you might lose.
Speaker 2: All right, I take it back.
Speaker 1: The only time I the only time I feel butterflies are nervous is on the state when I right before I go on stage.
Speaker 2: That's the only time because I want to work.
Speaker 1: I mean I wanted to work it's like, I really don't like letting my fan and I know they like live. That's now, that's that might be when it comes to entertainment, and the only reason I like entertainment, the only reason I use entertainments like, I love the people, so I don't like to let them down. And I've been You got to think I've grown with people so long, like before you. I've had fans since before you was born, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I don't like to live up. I like to I like to live up to their expectations. So every time I get on stage, I don't want them to go home, even if it's one person. You know that one person in your comment say, I don't like that shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They really don't matter.
Speaker 1: But to me, I want everybody, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I still get butterfly.
Speaker 1: But that makes me even better though, you know what I'm saying, So I understand that shit. I just realized that was anxiety, you know, I just realized what do you call it? The butterflies? I didn't know that was anxiety because I never programmed myself to understand why anxiety. I'm glad I didn't, because then you start leaning on that or that saying anxiety.
Speaker 3: Something about labors is we overthink everything and and we gotta go read, we gotta go learn.
Speaker 2: So that's dictating your career.
Speaker 3: As because once I learned something, then I'll be scared to do it because it's like, damn, what if this happened Like I would, I would think of everything.
Speaker 1: You got to have somebody that you really can trust and talk to and ask them to bounce off. You don't have to listen to them just to get their reaction from it, because like I had, like even like my friend Clay, a lot of times the ship he's advice he told me was wrong.
Speaker 2: I had to listen to him. I had to call him because like.
Speaker 4: Ye talk so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh you know Clay.
Speaker 4: So you know my man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, recipes my man. But this is my niggas. You know what I'm saying, a lot of stuff. I had to understand. He's just og, but he always had his best interest for me. But sometimes when you when it's just like me, like I said, sometimes you don't want like I'm an o G, but you don't want to listen sometime because something I don't know you know what I'm sayingcause you're right there, Like, nah, I ain't gonna do this ship if I post that one time, this one story sick if I would have posted that ship, I tell you, I tell y'all after this ship. But it was the dumbest ship that they could say, post this.
Speaker 4: I ain't give a fuck. I ain't give a fun I.
Speaker 2: Want to tell this story, don't tell it.
Speaker 4: Don't well, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna hold you up.
Speaker 1: You know, I appreciate you come hollering at you own you know is that? But but before you go, I'm gonna give you one more chance to ask me one last question.
Speaker 2: Is the one thing you want to ask on?
Speaker 3: Let you boy know hm hmm being a start that men, you lost somebody close to us, like I lost age and you lost Like if you can tell one thing, what would it be?
Speaker 1: I told him everything. I tell everybody. Don't take people you love for granted, because they gonna go? Are you gonna go? So that's why when they go, Because like that shit happened like boom, like the day I got off my cane, the day after I got off my cane, the day, the day after the child.
Speaker 2: Support case was over, he died. Well, he went to had the stroke.
Speaker 1: So it but before that we were saying that love he talking ship to each other. The day before that, he was at my house, you know what I'm saying. So he was at my house and he wouldn't leave, and he kept saying he wanted some money and ship because I owe him some money for the other girl. He came to get his money and he was like, I didn't even know what if I died him up.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, it won't matter. And the nigga died, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's how we talked shipped each other all the time. So that's what it was. So like that's why I say, don't take him for granted and do everything so when it happens, you won't be like damn in your head. And another thing too, that happened to me. When it did happen, God did give me a chance enough to go to the hospital and talk to him, to talk to him and say what I wanted to say. So I'm kind of shit cool with it, you know. So what would you say to your people?
Speaker 2: M hm? Well, if you could say one more thing, totain.
Speaker 4: You, y'a.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, uh, me and her actually used to talk to each other crazy to like crazy and Ship, I'd be like, damn, like what fuck? Like you ain't even tell me that you was gonna check out the visit you know. Uh, I tell like damn, like, I'm straight living his life to be playing out because we we we knew that we was gonna be rich. We didn't know how, but we knew, like you know, And I also say, like Ship one day, somebody gonnahoo buy ass because we did.
Speaker 1: Y'all did y'all have that relationship with So? Was you fulfilled with your relationship at the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And but but I was also mad because I'm like, damn, like, this was the only person I had and she gone with the fuck. So I was mad at it, but it was it was still like we.
Speaker 1: Gotta learn that you gotta learn in life. You can't have attachments to nothing in life, even if it's your kids. You know what I'm saying, Like you got to understand how to live with it because it's people that died kids died before them and they feel happy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You got people that's ninety years old still able to happy. So if they can be happy in life, why can't I. They've been seeing way more people die more than me, you know what I'm saying. So that's how I look at shit, I look at older, older people. I'm like, damn are older people that's even like in the industry, it's people been rich longer than me, double the time I've been rich, and they still able to be happy at eighty years old, you know what I'm saying. So if they can do it, I can do It's people that had like I remember when, like when Clay died first, I'm not one of the first people. One of the people that called me was Bumbe from UGK. He had pimpsy died. He got through it, and I knew he understood where I was coming from, so he understood. So it's like, if you see other people do it, that's why I say, you can learn from other people. So when you see them do it, shit, it's just your turn, you know. And it ain't gonna be the first person, especially at twenty five. They're definitely going to be the first person that's gonna die to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Wait, till the's and sometimes it be death that you don't even think gonna hit you hit you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's just life. You can't It's just we don't as humans.
Speaker 1: We cocky, but death reminds us that we're just human, absolutely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you just gotta live.
Speaker 1: You gotta live shit, live your best life and live live life and don't take nobody you love for granted and treat them like like you know they gonna die because they are type shit.
Speaker 2: They always call them if you need some advice. Not all the time because you sound like you.
Speaker 3: A call all the time, but you and Dalli and Snag is gonna get tired of me at this point. All Right, I'm it's all right because you're gonna be millionaires. I'll be like, look, talk on our boat a trip, right. You gotta go on the trip now, because I know that I put this weight on you. I'm sorry, but I'm but I'm happy again. You know the balance is back balance, you know.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Listen to another episode of Conversation with Me, Little Duval.
Speaker 2: We got this bitch.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode of Conversations with listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, iHeart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Conversation with N Podcasts is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and our executive producer is Dolly Bishop and produced by Aaron A Keen Howard