Speaker 1: First Date to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Ryan is on the phone today for a first day follow up. He's getting ghosted by Chelsea. So in a few minutes we're going to call her and see if you tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date if he still wants one. But before we do that, Ryan was up, how long has it been since you heard from Chelsea?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's been I've said, probably about a week or so.
Speaker 4: Have you how many times have you tried to reach out to her at that time?
Speaker 3: Probably about three or four times. You know. I didn't want to seem like I was a stocking, you know type, So after the last time, I just you know, left it alone and got in contact with you guys, you know, to see if I could try and figure something out, because you know, I don't know what I did wrong. I thought it was a great first date. I thought we hit it off, and I've just been ghosted ever since.
Speaker 4: Why don't you start by telling us about the date?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we went out, in our drinks conversation, everything was was pretty good, and this came about after you know us connecting on Hinge. Had some friends tell me some good things about HIMS, so I figured I'd try it out. So, you know, we went on our date and then we went to a nearby park after that.
Speaker 5: How to go at the park.
Speaker 3: The park went good, but I guess there was something that was pretty questionable that happened at dinner. You know, we were hanging out, having a good time, chatting it up, and so she got a phone call and she said she needed to take the call, and she excused herself from the table and went out for this call. And the call was probably about She was gone for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty important because she stepped outside of the restaurant. But she walked all the way to the corner or like you know, up the street a little bit, and I could see from the restaurant that she was in a heated exchange, Like her hands were flying, and I could see the veins popping out of her forehead, and she was like yelling and screaming into the phone. And I was by this time, like, you know, the food came, her food was cold. I didn't want to start eating without her, and so you know, she comes back inside and she's like really cool, calm and collected, and I said, is everything okay? And she said, yeah, I'm just dealing with some family stuff. You know, my sister called me and you know, a little sil sibling quarrels or whatever. So I just said, okay. I said, well, do you want me to order you something else? You know, I can have them send this back and we can order you a fresh one, so that way it's high and you know, she didn't want to eat at that point, she said, no, I'm fine. We can just wrap up, you know, if you want to eat, and you know, we can go to the park. So yeah, that's kind of how the that portion of the date went. That's the only pickup that I could think of that happened was.
Speaker 5: That pretty big hiccup, How was you to the park?
Speaker 1: Which is a good sign because to continue after dinner like she kept it.
Speaker 3: Going, Yeah, that's what I don't understand. We went to the park. You know, we had you know, great convo and I even got to you know, pick in on the cheek the end of the day. But thought was great, and I just don't know what else happened. It's really weird.
Speaker 5: All right, Well we'll see we can figure out for you.
Speaker 2: Then we'll play a song come Back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you, and then maybe get you another day.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks, sounds good, let's do it.
Speaker 2: We'll play us on come Back, get your first Day follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Ryan is on the phone. He's getting ghosted by Chelsea and doesn't know why. So in just a second, we're gonna call her see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Ryan, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So had to. Really what I thought was a great date with Chelsea. The only hiccup that happened during the date, but she had to take a phone call from you know, an important phone call to deal with the situation. Family situation, I guess. But other than that, we hit it off. Great conversation, great energy, great vibes, even got a peck on the cheek at the end of the night. After that, just ghost nothing gone, click.
Speaker 6: It all right?
Speaker 5: You ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hi, man speak to Chelsea. Please, Chelsea? Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jebel and this is a radio show. It's called The Jubil Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Chelsea, I'm Nina also on the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: Hi. Hello.
Speaker 5: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 1: Have?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 5: Really cool? You know why we recalling you? Oh?
Speaker 6: Did I win something? I hope I did.
Speaker 2: It's possible. It depends how much you like Ryan. You remember going on a date with Ryan.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So this is a first date follow up the segment where we if you've been ghosted, you can email us. So we get that person on the phone and ask why you're being ghosted. And Ryan emailed us about you, So can you tell us why you're ghosting him?
Speaker 7: The reason why I'm ghosting him is because I'm trying to dodge my ex and I honestly didn't want to scare Ryan away.
Speaker 6: So my eggs.
Speaker 7: Texted me while I was from the date with Ryan, and he texted, I need to see you, and then he continued like I trucked your phone.
Speaker 6: I'm coming to see you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, And so I went to call him to kind of diffuse the situation. Becau it's like we've been broken up for about six months, but he's really having a heart accepting the breakup, and so he drives by my house constantly.
Speaker 6: He like sends me still flowers to work.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, wow.
Speaker 8: And so I honestly I took the call and after that I just had a hard time because I just don't want I really feel like I need to.
Speaker 7: Get a handle on him before I bring anybody into my life and bring this drama into anybody's life. And I honestly feel bad for Ryan, like I just don't want to bring that to.
Speaker 6: Him, And so I just haven't really responded much to Ryan. You liked him though, Yeah, I like trying a lot. Actually, it's actually.
Speaker 5: Kind of respectful.
Speaker 1: Like, think about how many people have like X drama and they don't even care about the new person they bring into their life. And now this new person is like collateral damage. I think that that's really cool of you. But I also think that's something you could probably tell him.
Speaker 7: I guess I could have told him. I honestly feel like I just it's not fair. It's not fair to bring anybody with my ex is pretty.
Speaker 6: Persistent as easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 6: Just don't want to put him in any dangerous situation.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you think he's like dangerous.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I don't know about how.
Speaker 7: He will be confrontational, Okay, if he sees me with another guy. Yeah, and so that hasn't happened yet, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think about it this way, though, your ex is still controlling you because you're not dating people you want.
Speaker 6: To date pretty much. Yeah, that's true. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my opinion, that's pretty unacceptable.
Speaker 4: But like, how do you handle how do you handle that?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I am really trying hard to just be.
Speaker 7: Civilized and talk to him and just try to calm him down and just let him know that I'm not interested anymore.
Speaker 6: And it's just been really hard.
Speaker 5: Well, I have a couple ideas for you. I'll get to those at a second.
Speaker 2: First, I'm going to let you know that Ryan is actually on the other line and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, hi, Ryan, Hey, Chelsea, how are you. I'm good to you. I'm so sorry. I honestly did not mean to go see you. I just it's just been really stressful.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm so happy to hear your voice. I'm sorry to put you on the radio and put you on the spot like this, but I didn't know what else to do, and I, yeah, some closure I needed to know. I just really thought there's a connection there and so yeah, I'm happy to hear that it wasn't me.
Speaker 6: No, you didn't do anything wrong. You were so sweet. I felt like we really had a connection. And it's been so hard for me. It's been really.
Speaker 7: Heavy because I just honestly don't want to put you in any weird situation, you know, I don't think it will be fair.
Speaker 3: There are a couple of questions. Are you completely are you still attached emotionally? Like you know, do you still have feelings for him?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I don't have feelings for him and it's been six months. Yeah, absolutely not, Chelsea.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you, why do you still talk to him?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just did you feel bad?
Speaker 6: I'm like that, I feel bad for him. I know he's stuff bering.
Speaker 2: Care about yourself. You're done with a relationship with him. You don't need to talk to him. Unless you have like a kid or something and you have to talk to him. You don't need to feel bad for him, feel bad for yourself. You're not able to date Ryan, and you want to date Ryan, and you're letting your extra control. All that issue goes because you're worried about your ex. Worry about yourself. Get it, girl, Well you should get it girl.
Speaker 1: You should also make sure that your man like has some type of restraining order if he really does keep popping random places, because that is not okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's super bad, you should do that for real.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I haven't really stopped fully the communication. That's I could definitely block him. I just feel so bad for him because I thought he's just really suffering, and I.
Speaker 6: Just don't I mean, I hated having a break up the relationship, but I really don't have any feelings for him.
Speaker 2: Believe me, it's hard. It's hard to not talk to somebody who's persistent. But you ghosted Ryan, you can ghost again.
Speaker 4: Like this life coaching right now is just you know, accurate.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm sorry Ryan.
Speaker 1: You can tell she's so empathetic too, which is a great quality, Chelsea.
Speaker 5: But doubles. Right, would you like to go on another day with Ryan? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I will love to. I am really like.
Speaker 5: Right, what else you got?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Just get it girl, That's all I'm science.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I really want to say thank you. Guys. I'm so much for getting us back together here so that we can continue on. And Chelsea, don't worry. You know, I'm a big boy. I can my own, I can hold you down and you know, protect you and myself. So no worries about the crazy X and come get it girl.
Speaker 5: Jubile's first Date follow up