Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Finalll Hour on this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show, we're signing calendars. They'll be available. We'll let you know they came out great. They are wonderful, so we'll have some personalized calendars available. Also, the Tailgate moonshine that'll some sometime next week be available, but you have to sign up for the newsletter if you haven't done so, that's where you'll be able to order the tailgatemoonshine. Go to Danpatrick dot com. The Pumpkin spiced Maple that will sell out quick. All right, Final hour coming up. We'll talk to Chris collins Worth. He's got the Sunday night game between the Dolphins and the Eagles. Mike Florio will hopefully clear up the Caleb Williams story, did he ask for a piece of a team if he was going to be drafted? Are there only five teams that he would go to? Just feels like the timing of this story coming back up. There was a story in July that had him maybe asking for a piece of a team, which is not legal, Like, you.
Speaker 1: Can't do it no matter.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can ask, and I guess Aaron, Aaron Rodgers did ask the Jets for a piece of the team. But you can't because you could circumvent the salary cap. So we'll talk to Floria, We'll talk to Chris collins Worth as well. We'll get to your phone calls, pull question Seaton for the final hour.
Speaker 3: Then we got up right now, Trevor Lawrence is a top ten quarterback er, somewhat disappointing.
Speaker 4: That's still fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting result.
Speaker 2: It is Jags are getting one tonight against this Thursday.
Speaker 3: Night, slightly slightly, and it's very possible. Peter Schrager are a good buddy tipped in this favor. He is now slightly a top ten quarterback or eleven through thirty two.
Speaker 4: Be very disappointed.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I don't think he's a disappointment. I'd say he's a top ten quarterback.
Speaker 1: Right there.
Speaker 2: I think when you pause that always is like, h are you sure about that? Well, I'm just you know, doing the inventory of the top ten quarterback.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go who's ahead of them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is Rock Party ahead of Trevor Lawrence? Is Dak Prescott ahead of Trevor Lawrence, Lamar Jackson ahead PAULI.
Speaker 4: Here's a hypothetical just to compare them. Let's say the San Francisco forty nine ers, who have a very good roster, right, didn't have a quarterback, and three guys were available for the same time, same price, Rock Party, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts, the same price, basically the same age.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that if you ask Kyle Shanahan this, he'd say what I would take my guy, brock Perdy. But let's say I take it out of San Francisco and like we make the call for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: You're adding a young quarterback to a very talented roster.
Speaker 6: It's tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think we lean towards Trevor Lawrence because we still feel like they're superstar inevitability with him.
Speaker 2: It feels like his ceiling is higher. We haven't seen it yet. Jalen Hurts got to the Super Bowl. Hasn't been great this year, Uh.
Speaker 1: Party.
Speaker 2: I think brock Perty fits who Kyle Shanahan wants out there. That he that's just sort of him out there. He's able to Rock Purty. I would say rock Perty just because I've seen it work. I've seen it work in the system. You know, Trevor Lawrence number one overall pick, Jalen Hurts was a high second round pick and Rock Purty mister irrelevant. But you know, the right guy for the right team is the key there. I don't know if Trevor Lawrence would be accurate enough for Kyle Shanahan's offense. Rock Party throws the ball down the field. It's not like these little dump off passes bubble screens now they do that. But he's not afraid to throw it down the field. Jalen Hurts a wonderful player, tough player, but it feels like Kyle Shanahan likes that. You know, I think he wanted Mac Jones. I truly believe that he wanted Mac Jones and then was talked out of it, and they took Trey Lance. All right, the final hour coming up here. We have baseball this afternoon, Phillies at the Diamondbacks, Astros at the Rangers, and then it'll be the Jags against the Saints. I watched a little bit of the Las Vegas Aces beating the Liberty second straight WNBA title. WNBA is in a good position. And can you imagine when Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, Paige Beckers they come into the WNBA. Now, will they be as good in the WNBA as they've been in college? And they probably won't be, because that's saying a lot, certainly for Caitlin Clark. Paige Beckers has had injuries, and Angel Reese is certainly a personality there. But you know, futures pretty bright. I would think for the WNBA to get those players, and if you get Vegas and New York and they're competing for the title and the Aces are they were down a couple of players. It still ended up winning that game. But I'd say they're in pretty good position. If you could place Caitlin Clark somewhere, like MLS goes, where do we want Messy?
Speaker 1: We'll put him in Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you could do that with Caitlin Clark, because she's going to be a huge draw. She'll be the number one overall pick. I would imagine if you could take Angel Reese or Caitlyn Clark, you're gonna take Caitlin Clark. Caitlyn Clark is gonna get eyeballs as well on your franchise. And I mean they're both impactful players. Caitlyn Clark is you know that that's a unique talent coming into the w NBA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Poem, I think of our placing Caitlin Clark on a team, I would go with the Indiana franchise there. I think they might have the number one pick this upcoming year. And that's a good franchise. That's a basketball state. It's Midwestern, where she already dominates the Midwestern seeing of basketball.
Speaker 2: Didn't she say to me that she hadn't ruled out going back to Iowa.
Speaker 4: Right because she gets the free COVID year, so she could go back to Iowa next year. How about Angel Reese with that?
Speaker 2: Now, what if she asked for a piece of the Indiana franchise, they'd probably give it to you. Yeah, sure, come on in we'll give you a slice of the Indiana Indiana team. Maybe Los Angeles. How about her in Los Angeles they have the third pick trade up.
Speaker 1: Yes, ton, I think.
Speaker 7: Angel reached Chicago sky.
Speaker 8: If Caitlin Clark goes to Indiana fever, it got the Indiana Chicago Midwest battle going, that would.
Speaker 6: Be great me.
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone's in town therap Yeah, yeah, they are.
Speaker 6: The college These college kids are rich. You see Andrew Ushia signed for Rebock.
Speaker 3: No, Shack's Runningbok by the way, Yeah it was his first signing I think Yeah, was Shack and Iverson are uh the faces of Rebok?
Speaker 6: Now got these college kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, leaving do what they would be less famous than the w n B A. Yeah in the college.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, and probably make less money in the w n B A.
Speaker 6: Like it's wild.
Speaker 5: Probably fly on worst planes probably like every Yeah, yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: You know you're flying Charter. Probably the l Shoe women's team. I'm guessing bigger crowds. Damn, that's true. Well, Caitlin Clark just played in front of sixty thousand. You're not gonna have, you know, like five games to reach that total. Yes, Paul or Yes.
Speaker 7: Time, when you're sitting in C thirty nine D for the Minnesota Lynx, you're like, you know what, maybe one more year in college would have been nice?
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, No, when you go to Yukon, Iowa LSU, you're selling out arenas usually ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they're doing in WNBA for a regular season game.
Speaker 2: Although there was atmosphere last night in Brooklyn the finals. Yeah, yeah, there was atmosphere. It was exciting. You know, there's some good basketball. But the Aces were down a couple of players and ended up winning.
Speaker 6: Best case scenario, LA and Vegas two best teams, a bunch of star powers, so they're.
Speaker 1: Good for them, all right.
Speaker 2: Some phone calls in here, Casey and New York case what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 10: Five eight two hundred. Yeah, I got a couple of suggests for Crappensburg State head coach, offensive coordinator, head coach Mac Brown, offensive coordinator Mike Leach, and I also have the slush funds that would fund them, all right. That would be the Brown Trout Liberation Fund.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Casey.
Speaker 2: T shirts available at Dan Patrick dot com. Crappensburg State also we have the Crappensburg State baseball T shirt.
Speaker 1: We have the runs.
Speaker 5: And Double Duce Double Duce campus bar. We got bumper stickers. We have a coffee mug, two bumper stickers. As a matter of fact, window sticker Crappensburg State. It might be hats coming soon. I believe we are always bull eligible football. Sounds like that would be a pretty good T shirt as well. Always bull eligible.
Speaker 1: Oh you writing it down?
Speaker 6: Fact?
Speaker 1: I text seat In yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't know what time I text you, but I said, hey, I got an idea for a T shirt.
Speaker 1: You guys want to take a guest.
Speaker 2: The idea for the T shirt I had based off of dialogue that we've had on the show this week.
Speaker 6: Marvin talented but fragile.
Speaker 1: That yeah, wait did I did I? How did Marvin know that? One?
Speaker 2: Did I text everybody? Or I thought I just text Seatan. I said, how about a Todd T shirt? I'm talented but fragile and goes, yeah, I think we should have a T shirt. And that's something Todd said earlier this week.
Speaker 8: Yes, do could you put like TF initials on the sleeve because Todd Fritz talented, fragile.
Speaker 7: Maybe you could do a little TF with that, Okay, just.
Speaker 2: Throwing it out there, noted, how about I do w TF.
Speaker 7: That's not nice. My doppelgager passes away and this.
Speaker 1: One now, all of a sudden, he embraces the doctor. Now all of a sudden, Paulie from cheek.
Speaker 2: I say that, but no, no, you were like, I don't see it.
Speaker 6: I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Bert Young passed away, and we have told Fritzy for years that he and Bert Young look alike twins, not twins. I said, he could be like your older brother, like ten years older than you.
Speaker 4: Even though he's eighty three, and yeah, it's like fifty three, and.
Speaker 8: Like Wilford Brimley though he started looking like he was seventy when he was like thirty five, right, one of those guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're comparing the two of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and rest in peace.
Speaker 2: There's there's some similarities with you and Bert Young. And you did a wonderful tribute song lashed.
Speaker 6: Out thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Todd, I was mocking it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good of it.
Speaker 11: You like that?
Speaker 1: No, I did not.
Speaker 7: Maybe my singing wasn't good, but I thought the lyrics were right A spot on.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, you had lyrics that talked about him maybe being murdered.
Speaker 7: There was a line in there about was he killed or that he'd die of an omen You.
Speaker 1: Talked about him.
Speaker 3: To be fair, we don't know, we don't know how he died just yet, we don't know that he wasn't murdered.
Speaker 1: And then you said dead on arrival as well.
Speaker 8: I mean those aren't You could look at that as being kind of inappropriate, insensive, But it wasn't meant to be that way.
Speaker 7: I was just trying to come up with some.
Speaker 2: What was what was the first line, something about his heart stopped beating.
Speaker 7: It was for me, I said, feeling down, My heart lost its beat.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, oh this is you literal.
Speaker 7: Feeling down, heart lost its beat? Okay, but I did have Was he killed or did he die of an illness? Is on him?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 11: Was he killed?
Speaker 7: To rise up a challenge? Dead on arrival? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, Luciano, and then we'll take a break. Mike Florio and Chris Collinsworth will do us, uh, do us a favor by joint what?
Speaker 4: Just to be fair to Fritzi. According to the New York Times, his death was confirmed by his daughter cause of death not yet know.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, Uh, Luciano runs a barber shop and he had me settle a debate about Eli Manning and I think Tony Romo yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, so what do you have for me today?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I got love barbershop debate for you. First of all, Dan, let me say to Marvin, Yeah, what up, son? He could have done. That's how you guys doing. So I'm gonna start calling you couple, Den, and I'm gonna tell you why we've decided to make you, uh the Dan Patrick Show in particular, Dan the arbiter of all black barbershop debates from now on them.
Speaker 1: So, but what I thank you, thanks, hold on saying that. Thank you. Yeah, thank ahead. I finally got it. Been asking for this for a long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So we opened up the books for you. We're going to go ahead and give you your your hood pass. So and uh, by default, I mean Marvin was born in it, Dan, you're sworn in it and so.
Speaker 12: But the other but the other guys, the other guys that when they when they show up to any basketball court, any barbershop, or any family function in the Brooklyn area, they have to mention your name.
Speaker 9: Then the password is capital Dan, caple Dan. So what we're gonna do? I want to ask you a question. So you're a bit of a gambler, at least you have the history, a little sketchy history. Maybe my grandfather took one of your bets here there. I don't know. So well, I'm gonna ask you couple Dan Game seven on the road NBA Finals, and let's just say somehow somewhere your pocket pool hand is on the line, all right, Michael Jordan or Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan, That one's easy, Yeah, Mike, all day, all night, all.
Speaker 1: Week, all day, all night. Yes, yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let me take a break. Mike Florio will join us. Chris Collinsworth will stop by as well. We're back after this with cap O Dan on the Dan Patrick Show. Shopping for tires can be, as Todd says, deflating. Not at tire rank dot com, fast free shipping, pre road hazard protection, just the start, they test the tires. They have a test track there where they push the tires to the limit, and then they give you all the information, all the results, so you make an informed decision. Tire rack dot Com slash dan tell them what you drive and if you're not sure where to begin, how to begin, try the easy to use Tire Decision Guide personalized tire recommendation that means the right tires for how and what and where you drive. They have only the best. They have the full lineup of general tire tires, ship fast and free to you or one of over ten thousand recommended installers and yes, free road hazard protection. Also, mobile tire installation is available in a lot of areas. They bring the tires to you at your home or your office and install them on site. That is something nobody else is doing. Go to tire rac dot com slash dan see their general tire results tire rack dot com slash dan. Tire rac dot com is the way tire buying should be. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Thursday Night Football, the Jags one point underdogs against the Saints, underlisted at forty. All right, we have Chris collins Worth coming up. He has the Sunday night game Eagles and the Dolphins. But first I want to bring in Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk Live co host and a contributor to Football Night in America, because we saw a story back in I think July that hinted at Caleb Williams maybe wanting a piece of the franchise, if whoever he's drafted by Aaron Rodgers with the Jets, did he ask for a piece of the team. And I'm curious that it got so much traction because you can't it's not allowable. But it surfaced again, and then I thought, is somebody maybe trying to sabotage Caleb Williams now putting it out there again? So I thought, let me get Mike Florio here to help us understand this. Go back to the story, the genesis of it, and how we got to this moment now with Caleb Williams.
Speaker 11: Mike, let me make it as simple as possible. Dan. Back in July, when the league approved the sale of the Commanders to Josh Harris, one of the other items of business was to slam the door on any equity transfers to play a non players period. Now, you don't just make those decisions out of thin air. You do it because you're aware that some stuff may be going on and it may be an issue. So the league preemptively says this can't happen. In the immediate aftermath of that, sources that I trust very deeply, not to be confused with the sources I don't trust, but still listen to it, but sources I trust very deeply, said Number one. Aaron Rodgers had been trying to shake a little equity out of the Woody Johnson tree, and now that's over. And also Caleb Williams dad had been telling prospective agents that's one of the things he's looking for.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 11: Look, does Caleb Williams dad understand how it works? No, But it doesn't matter once they slam the door on and then I think what happened Dan was he had a bad game Saturday night, and it's a perfect opportunity to crap on Caleb Williams. So these Twitter bought accounts start dusting off a three month old story to make Caleb look unreasonable, even though it's completely irrelevant.
Speaker 13: To anything that's happening.
Speaker 1: Now, that's it, in a nutshell, Okay.
Speaker 2: Is Caleb Williams saying there's only five teams that he would want to play for?
Speaker 1: Is that I saw that?
Speaker 4: I saw that somewhere on Twitter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I haven't seen it source to anyone. Look, I think Caleb Williams and his dad are in the process of trying to understand what leverage he has and how to go about using it for the NFL. This is like Haley's common It happens once every twenty one years. John Elway did it in eighty three, Eli Manning does it in four. Is Caleb Williams gonna do it? One of these guys is gonna do it because they're either going to stay in school for another year or they're gonna have enough money in the bank from their nil payments that they can say, if you draft me, I'm sitting out the whole year and doing it all over again. So I think they're just in the process of figuring out what their leverage is and how they're willing to use it.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 2: See yeah, that's Mike Florio Pro Football Talk Live co host, and now we bring in Chris collins Worth Football Night in America Sunday Night football. Are you following all of this stuff, Chris with Caleb Williams, what's going on? What he wants and what's true and what's not true? Uh, we got to unmute you, Chris?
Speaker 1: Is that us?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 1: Marvin?
Speaker 2: Oh? All right, we'll figure this out with your setup was gorgeously it was. It was thought hello and nicely, thank you, thank you. I've been doing this a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going back to the Caleb Williams story, the other sports outlets this week, I use media outlets air quoting. They're not putting it in the same perspective Mike Florio did that his dad inquired with agents. That is this even possible? You see articles out there Caleb Booms wants a piece of ownership if he's going to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Let's try this again with Chris Collinsworth. Chris, what do you make of all this? Caleb Williams talk.
Speaker 13: Well, for being on your show, I'd like to have a piece of your show, and you know, I think that would.
Speaker 2: I think we can arrange that. You know, the piece I'm going to give you is Fritzy.
Speaker 1: You can have.
Speaker 2: Fritzy Fritzy all right, I'll take full ownership there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, send them over, send him over. We're going to work with them.
Speaker 1: So what do you make of the Caleb Williams story?
Speaker 13: Why not?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 13: I mean, you can take a shot at anything you want, and more and more we're seeing family members involved with negotiations, at least as it comes to agents. And if I heard the story correctly, it was the dad trying to tell agents that they would like to have a piece of a team. So it didn't make its way all the way to Caleb's agent as I heard it asking for it. It was the dad talking to the agents about it. And I mean, shoot, I've been in a few negotiations myself over the years. You asked for a lot of things. It doesn't mean you're going to end up with it. So, I mean, this kid's obviously a special player. He's going to have options that nobody has ever had before coming out of college, including staying at USC or going to any other school that he would like to go to because of the nature of college football right now. So I think it's going to be interesting. I think in many ways, he is going to be the next or the first real test case of how far can a great player, in particular a great quarterback push the limits of the NFL, because remember you've got the rookie wage scale, You've got a lot of things to where if somebody at USC comes up with some monster number, like why would he not stay? And I've always thought the one possible competitor to the NFL would be college football because you've got that core base of fans built into it. I think as the SEC and the Big Ten sort of take over the universe, we're going to see almost an AFC and NFC kind of rivalry. And we know historically how that had gone. But is there a case I can make a case that Caleb Williams value to USC is really a lot bigger than what he's getting paid. Because I was on the radio show one time and I said something about, I'll bet you the amount of money the University of Kentucky gets when they win a national championship, not to the college, not to the sports fund, but to the general university fund is probably double when they win the national championship in basketball. For three hours on the radio on WLW radio in Cincinnati, I was told what a complete idiot that I was, how stupid I was. I was so beat down. Dan I really did. I believed them, and it turned out they were right. It wasn't twice as much, it was five times as much. And so now if you take that and Caleb Williams is stirring the pot and they're getting all these rich alone from USC coming in the pot, are they making an extra hundred million dollars? Well, if they are, can we give him twenty million of it? Well? If we do, does that keep him in college? You know, there's there's situations here that we haven't even discussed yet that are going to be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Chris Collinsworth full introduction, the former Bengals wide receiver majority owner of Pro Football Focus, and he'll be on the call with Mike Turco. That'll be Sunday night, Dolphins Eagles, eight twenty Eastern on NBC and Peacock. I'll give you Tua or I'll give you Jalen Hurts. You got to pick between the two.
Speaker 13: Wow, which offense do I get to run?
Speaker 2: You're starting your team? There's no offense yet.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I might take Mike McDaniel, you know, I mean, so, here's here's one of the things A defensive coordinator in the league said to me about Tua, said that he thinks he's the next Drew Brees because his ability to read things so quickly, and they're playing in that West Coast offense, and he's always been a footwork guy. The thing I loved about him coming out of Alabama, and everybody always wants to talk about arm strength, and it's so overdone. I mean, you have to have a certain level of arm strength in order to play in this league. He has that, but then it's the ability to process quickly, like brock Party's doing in San Francisco in the same offense, process quickly and throw the ball to windows. You're not throwing it to a guy. He is not out there throwing it to Jaylen Waddle. He is throwing it to a five y five window on that deep incut and basing it on the footwork that he has. And Tua is one of the best I've seen coming out and the comparison to Drew was a pretty good one. A guy who nobody talked about his arm strength, right, but his ability to process, get the ball out of his hand, throw it in the right window, anticipate throws, all those kinds of things. So I do think that too a while. Maybe if he were in Buffalo would not be what Josh Allen is, you know, because you've got to have the huge arm and a big hand and bad weather and all those kinds of things. But playing in Miami, playing in great weather and playing in this style of offense, I'll take Drew Brees all day in that style, and I think that's the fit. And in Philadelphia, you know, you've got a team that's built around their offensive line and their ability to run the football. And we're going to see because Miami struggled a little bit against Carolina trying to you know, run the football there or stop the run there. So this this style of offense, this run first approach in Philadelphia that as soon as you start playing the run, they've got Devonte Smith on the outside and AJ Brown. Now you've got those guys one on one. That's a headache, that's a problem out there. So the quarterbacks are where they should be. I don't know, you flip flopped these two quarterbacks, and it makes much.
Speaker 2: Sense if Rock Perty is an MVP candidate, why is Jared Goff not one.
Speaker 13: It's a great question. You know, I think that we saw them beat Kansas City on Opening Night, and there's something about this team and it goes back to a season ago. I mean they won what was it eight out of their last ten something like that, and then jump out to the start that they are here. So this is a team now that is playing. I think the hard part for most people to wrap their head around is that if he were really that good of a player, why isn't he still in LA right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 13: And I mean it's not like Sean doesn't know what he's doing out there, so you know, that's probably the answer. But we're a long way to go. I mean, these seasons are so long. I feel like I've been calling a game every week now for the last six years and we're not even to the halfway point here. So you know, everybody always says, well, who the think's gonna win the Super Bowl? And who's gonna do that?
Speaker 6: Like, tell me who's.
Speaker 13: Playing in January, right, tell me what the lineup looks like in January, and I'll tell you which team it is. That I like because it's such a war of attrition. You never know who's still going to be standing at the end of the season. We saw just taking out Lane Johnson for Philadelphia had a major impact on that game the other day, the right tackle. So you know, a lot of these guys are people that you know and that you know well, but so many times it's the offensive and defensive line, which Philadelphia every year they're drafting an offensive or a defensive lineman, right, they're going to try and win in the trenches down there, and they got away with a second round pick a quarterback who ends up being, you know, playing one of the great games we've seen in Super Bowl history, except for one play.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the trenches, it feels like competition committee looking at that brotherly shove, the you know, the tush push man. It feels like it's too predictable, almost like extra points, and that they may want to take it away.
Speaker 1: Where do you where do you? What do you think the future is of that play?
Speaker 13: I love that play. I hope they never take that play away. The reason I love to play is a former offensive guy, there's nothing better than walking up to the line of scrimmage and basically telling the defense we are running right there, right there, and you can't stop it. Boomersias And one time we're playing the Buffalo Bills, I want to say. I think it was in the AFC Championship game and and he goes up to the line of scrimmage and he starts pointing at Bruce Smith over Anthony Munos, and he goes, hey, Bruce, Bruce, we're running right there. Anthony Munos is the greatest player in the world. We're running right there, and we're scoring a touchdown. And Anthony, you can see him on the film, he's like, he's like waving, you know, he's like, he's like, shut up.
Speaker 1: Like what are you doing.
Speaker 13: He comes over to me on the side line and he goes, Chris, Chris, you got to get Boomer to shut up. He's just pissing off, you know, Bruce over there. I'm like, I don't care. I'm just trying to talk him into throwing me the ball. I don't care what he does with Bruce Smith over there. You're crazy.
Speaker 2: What what's the fan base that gets the most upset at you?
Speaker 13: Cincinnati to win the Super Bowl this year? I know, I know as soon as I did, they started losing games. It's unbelievable. But yeah, I mean I had one lady one time. She uh so, I was in a doctor's office and I go in and show she's mad at me. I can tell she's mad at me. And I was like, oh, man, I must have forgot to you know, pay her or you know, do the paperwork or something whatever they get mad at you and doctor's offices for. And I was like, okay, I said, well, you know what's up here? What's the problem? And she goes. I listened to the game the other night. They scored four touchdowns in that game, and you didn't say, whod ain't after one single one of them. I'm like, I go, yeah, no, I can't do that. I'm not allowed to say. But they expect me to root for the Bengals. So when I got the Super Bowl the year that the Bengals were in it, I was like, oh, this is that. There there's no way either I'm going to be a complete homer in the eyes of the Rams fans or I'm gonna be a complete jerk in the eyes of the Bengals fans. I mean it was remember the old TV show Dragnet. You know, just the facts, ma'am. I was just the facts, ma'am.
Speaker 2: And that Super Bowl Trevor Lawrence poll question Seaton give Chris the wording on that see where Chris falls on it.
Speaker 3: The wording is Dan Trevor Lawrence is dot dot dot a top ten quarterback or somewhat disappointing.
Speaker 13: I'm going to say a top ten quarterback. I don't know that I would have said that originally, but I do think that Doug Peterson has had an impact on him. He's better than what he was. And you know, it's so funny that these guys that get drafted high, right, they get multiple opportunities. I mean, think if Trevor Lawrence were a fifth round pick that happened to get to play right in his first year and that was all we saw. We saw one year he was a fifth round pick and that was it. We would have collectively, I think, gone, he doesn't have it right, he doesn't have it, and they would have moved on and he would have been one of those second string guys that bounce from team to team until he's out of football. But when they're the first overall pick, you've seen it somewhere and you just keep you just keep giving them the ball, or you change coaches or you do like. The belief is that he's going to get there. And I always wonder how many guys would have if they would have been given the three or the four year window of opportunity, could have worked their way out of it and become something. You know, But if you're even a second round draft pick or a late first round draft pick, it seems like you get seven, eight, nine games and it's you're not making magic out there. They're they're turning the page. So I think that there's enough of an upward trajectory here to where I think you go. Yeah, if I only got to take the top ten guys and I got one of those ten and he were one of the ten, would I take him?
Speaker 9: Yes? I would.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you, Chris, Thanks for joining us. Have fun on Sunday Night. Thank you, Dan Good Say anybody that's Chris collins Worth Football Night in America. He'll be there with Mike Turrico eight twenty Eastern. It'll be the Eagles in the Dolphins. Here's a name, now, maybe not a popular name with a lot of people, but for MVP Candidacy, Tyreek Hill. Is Tyreek Hill more valuable to that Dolphin offense than two And I'm just talking about this season because Tyreek Hill, there's nobody like Tyreek Hill in the NFL. And I don't know if it's because off the field stuff with Tyreek Hill that you know, he's not in the conversation, but he should be. You know, whether we like you or not, are you an MVP candidate? And he's been dynamic, Yes, Pauli.
Speaker 4: Tyreek Hill this year is averaging one hundred and thirty six yards receiving per game. Now, if you know, that would clearly break the single season in total number record. But if even if you went with it, there's never been a receiver in history to average more than one hundred and twenty six yards a game in a season where it's at least nine or ten games. He's like Wes Chandler in an eight game season did one to twenty six. He's at one thirty five point seven.
Speaker 2: He's not in the on the short list of MVP candidates right now. Tua is leading, but Tyreek Hill could get two thousand yards this year.
Speaker 1: And he, to me is.
Speaker 2: When you go out on the field and you go, Okay, how many guys do we have that are better than your guys? You start with Tyreek Hill. You go, that guy's better than anybody you have, and he is going to It's inevitable he's going.
Speaker 1: To make plays.
Speaker 2: But he should be in an MVP conversation and Jared Goff should be as well, I think because Jared Goff got traded from the Rams and they won a Super Bowl with Matthew Stafford. Therefore, Jared Goff wasn't good or isn't good, but he has been in the last sixteen games, he's been unbelievable. You could put his numbers in the last sixteen games dating back to the second half of last year and this year he's as good as any quarterback in the NFL. The numbers show that. And even this year he's you know, there's only two is the only guy who has, you know, better stats I think than Jared Goff does this year, and that's being in the top five and you know, TD to interception ratio, completion percentage and y'all cards, and you know he's done what you want. Because the Lions, we think of their coach Dan Campbell, I mean, they are kind of a faceless franchise that we think of the players who used to be there. When you think of the Lions, you're like, oh, Barry Sanders, Megatron. You know, we think of what they had before, not necessarily what they have now, other than they have a great team, and that coach is the one who gets he's the focal point. Normally it's the quarterback, but it's I don't think people want to embrace Jared Goff and say, yep, you know, this isn't fools gold, this is real. And he's got sixteen games where they've gone thirteen and three of those last sixteen games, so he's doing something right.
Speaker 6: Yes, marm What do you think the Lions would consider to be a successful season.
Speaker 2: I'd say probably you win two playoff games. I would think so, But you know, I don't want to speak for Lions fans who have been waiting for any kind of success. It might be no, we want to go to the super Bowl, or we want to go to an NFC title gain.
Speaker 1: I would think if you had.
Speaker 2: Two wins, that's successful.
Speaker 1: Do you get to the super Bowl? What a great story. But I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean they're starved for Hey, we want to make sure we make the playoffs and we host a playoff game and we win a playoff game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mark, Yeah, If the forty nine ers don't make the Super Bowl. The lines would be my pick. I would love to see Detroit fans all over it. Those no one seen it, No Lions fan has seen them be that successful.
Speaker 2: Ever, Well, I think you've got to go back to the mid forties when they want a championship.
Speaker 6: So no one living, no has seen them.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe a couple, a couple of people probably.
Speaker 4: Well, how ol would you Let's say you were ten in nineteen forty five. Do the math, Do the math. You'd be like, what, eighty eight years old at least?
Speaker 9: Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably somebody who's still alive. They might be listening to us.
Speaker 1: You never never know. Yes, who had a hip? Yeah? Yes, somebody who's laid up.
Speaker 3: It's got my hip work done.
Speaker 1: So wait they won in fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Detroit Lions won the World Championship as it's called in nineteen fifty seven, ninety fifty three, in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ton, what would be the best.
Speaker 7: AFC story Bills Bengals, Browns.
Speaker 8: If we're looking at the Lions on the NFC side reaching the Super Bowl this year, it would be great for whom.
Speaker 2: I would say the Bills only if the Bills win, because if they go back and then they lose, I mean, then it's abandoned ship. It just feels like nobody will ever go I'm gonna pick the Bills this year, yes, Mark.
Speaker 6: And as a Bills fan, you're gonna say we lost to the Lions, no matter how good the lines are. Just historically, yeah, losing to the lines would just not be a good look for Bills fan.
Speaker 2: All right, last call for phone calls. What we learn, what's in store tomorrow? Right after this, it's probably two or three times a week that we'll look at something that.
Speaker 1: We did years.
Speaker 2: Are archives that we show during the commercial breaks on TV and we'll go, I don't remember doing that. Well, you might have those moments too. You don't remember doing those things. But if you have VHS tapes, you got camcorder tapes, you got photographs, you want to make sure that you protect those.
Speaker 1: Legacy Box will help you. Right now.
Speaker 2: The four x six photo Legacy Box special they have going on you can get right now family photos professionally scan for as low as seven cents, which is seventy six percent less than what other brands charge. You have all of those things like a bad haircut or Grandma's wedding First Steps by a Baby. Legacy box dot com slash Patrick get two hundred photos scans starting at just nineteen ninety five, and don't forget they digitize over fifteen other types of analog media New.
Speaker 1: Photo Legacy Box.
Speaker 2: Check it out and preserve your pass for as low as seven cents. Go to legacybox dot com slash Patrick.
Speaker 1: Tell them we sent you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine percent on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 14: This is Jay Glazer, and you may know me for the world of football or fighting or even shows like HBO's Ballers.
Speaker 6: Well you don't know is for my entire life.
Speaker 14: I have lived in something I refer to as the gray depression anxiety. So now I'm coming out with a new podcast, Unbreakable, a mental health podcast with Jay Laser, where each week, while we talk about mental health, I hope to describe it, give it words. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer on the iHeartRadio app Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: This day in sports history, what we learn, what's in store tomorrow? A meet Friday Baseball This afternoon, Phillies and the Diamondbacks, Astros, Rangers later tonight, and Jags and the Saints. The Jags getting a point? All right, Shawn and Florida. Good morning, Sean, what's on your mind?
Speaker 15: First time long? Six foot two oh five, dad body? I want to say, what's up to? The only gentleman on the staff, our own Bert Young, miss Year, Todd Fritzler and h calling about baseball playoffs major League Baseball. We'll have no one in the stands at three o'clock because Major League baseball is the only profession where you have to pay more. The higher you go up the ranks. Any other job, the higher you go, the less you work.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Sean. I'm not sure were we on a topic? And then he was following up on a topic.
Speaker 4: I know that the gamesoul be at three o'clock in Phoenix, but I don't see his reasoning for all people aren't going to show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm exel show up today. Fans will Okay, let's see Tommy in Wisconsin. Hi, Tommy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Good morning, Dan FM radio guy here in Wisconsin, one point eighty kind of a soft six foot you would say, congratulations, Dan. I want to be the first to congratulate you on making it into the Barbershop Advisor Consultant Hall of Fame, or as we like to call it, the vssachof So congratulations on that. I know it takes years to get into the Barbershop Consultant Hall of Fame. Quick question, Caleb Williams, he's trying it in football. Do you think a baseball player like shoe Otani might have a better luck getting part of a team because they that's legal.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, Tommy, Like, if you I guess, the best way I can put it is, let's say I don't want to pay shoeo Tani six hundred million dollars, but I want to give him a piece of the team. So now I have an unfair advantage as far as I'm going to save six hundred million dollars, I'm giving him a piece of the team. Or let's say I give him fifty million dollars. Let's say you want to give Patrick Mahomes a piece of the Chiefs but I don't want to pay him sixty million dollars. I'm going to pay him five million dollars a year. It's an unfair advantage. And that's why you can't have this. Oh it takes one call a text and you'll go. NFL will say no, no, you can't do that. And maybe that's what happened, but it's not going to happen with anybody. And I remember we had Jim ersay on and I said, hey, would you ever sell a piece of your team to Peyton Manny Goes?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I said, wait, Peyton Manny Goes No, I would never ever ever sell any portion of my ownership here. I'm not going to give it to show Hey U Tani or Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Not going to happen.
Speaker 5: It's more like a least to own kind of thing to lease use some of this for two years.
Speaker 6: How's that say?
Speaker 2: Once again, Todd, I know it's been an emotional day. Bert Young, who played Polly and Rocky, passed away. He had a wonderful tribute song brought tears to our eyes and some ringing to our listener's ears. But you did a wonderful John, Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: This dang sports history poem.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety eight, Former heavyway champ Mike Tyson got his boxing license back after biting Evander Holyfield's ear off the year before.
Speaker 1: What did it sound like in the ring with Mills Lane?
Speaker 7: Mike to bid him?
Speaker 1: Take it a point off?
Speaker 7: You do it again, You're out.
Speaker 8: Andy's just trying to bite an't even bite him anything else.
Speaker 4: Quick one quick whiz Blank Blank, Cowboys running back in twenty fourteen, became the first NFL player to run for one hundred yards or more in the first seven games of a season. Twenty fourteen Dallas Cowboys running back.
Speaker 1: Blank Mary and Barber.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: I love him though, great player.
Speaker 6: Mariv DeMarco Murray no.
Speaker 2: Total what we learned Brought to you by the great folks in Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Meet Friday Tomorrow, Music Friday. Hopefully you'll join us as well. Have a great Thursday, everybody, Enjoy the festivities this afternoon and tonight.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you tomorrow.