Speaker 1: Out here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure, because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to tee times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash golf with Us.
Speaker 2: What would you let the power to do?
Speaker 1: Bank of America Restriction supply CPA dot com slash golf with Us for complete details copt right twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is leading off Live. It is me, Joey Pjop's APPEA with me, of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks here on a Monday morning. So much to talk about, so much baseball. We've got prospecting with the Welsh, We've got injuries, we've got big performances, we've got big hair from the Welsh. And a weird weekend of home run calls. According to the Wonky Penguin and apparently over the weekend, just one home run from everybody. How could that be Welsh? How could that be? How it wasn't for me?
Speaker 3: I can tell you because it was. No judges, no o Tawnis. That's probably why everybody doing the Joe piece Apia School of home runs just put one of the top two best home run hitters for the entire week in in perpetuity and try to go with it. It didn't work. Didn't work.
Speaker 2: It did not work. Also not working. The top story today in the headlines the Justin Steel's elbow, it's not.
Speaker 3: Working arms of an angel.
Speaker 2: Justin Stealing four will not be pitching again this season. He will undergo the traditional Tommy John procedure or the internal brace. We don't know which one we're going to get yet, but his twenty twenty five is done and it's April, which means that we're probably looking somewhere around what like mid twenty twenty six that we get Justin Steel back. So brutle loss for or fantasy managers everywhere, but I honestly also a bigger loss to the Cubs, because although the Milwaukee Brewers' rotation so far has been poop, you can look ahead, and you see Myers on the horizon, You see Woodroff on the horizon. You see a prospect we're gonna talk about today that we've already mentioned last week on the horizon. They're gonna figure it out. I think this now becomes the Brewer's division to lose again. I don't think the Cubs with Imanaga and the rest of those Jebbronis in that rotation can compete well. Sho am I overreacting.
Speaker 3: Uh No, I think like that he's the ace, he's the top guy of their staff. It already was kind of like a little bit of a looser rotation. If they were to go and make a move, it would have made sense for the pitching. I will say this, we are going to talk about a Cubs pitching prospect in prospecting with the Welsh that could potentially be a guy. But that's it, Like this is this one guy I'm talking about's kind of like the guy. They've got a ton of hitting trading assets. We're gonna do it. Marlin's Cubs. They should have an nice, good phone conversation because you've got Kevin Alcantra, James Treanto's Moises Ballastero's. They've got hitting prospects above hitting prospects, just not a ton of pitching. Maybe that's where there could be a home. But yeah, this is a brutal blow to the Cubs. I think they need to be aggressive in that division because not only like you were saying, kind of poopy for the Brewers, they got guys looming. The division is very obtainable right now, and losing a guy like Justin Steel, you could lose that division. So I wouldn't be surprised that they don't start making some calls and try to get whoever is available. That's the other tricky thing, like we just know Al Contra, we don't really know anybody else that's available. But very very sad for Friend of the Show.
Speaker 2: Justin front of the show, we wish him well. Is a shame too, because you started to turn things around. The last start was really good, and then that second opinion, well, it's never good. It's never good. Let's turn our attention to something that was really good yesterday, and that thing was Garrett Crochet. He got really close to a no hitter. Ironically, Chase Mydrath, who was part of the deal for Garrett Crochet with the Red Sox, who, by the way, as a four to twenty five career OBP. I was just looking more deeply into him because I picked him up in my home league this weekend. If you're an OBP league, you got to pick up the skit. He's playing second base two, He's doing a little bit of everything he is. He gonna hit for power, no, the little stone bases, maybe, but he's gonna get on base in points leagues. OBP leagues pick him up. But anyway, this is about Crochet seven and a third innings was toying with a no hitter, eleven strikeouts. It was against his old teams, against the White Sox, and it was such a stunning performance and so moving that our own Mike Mayer was moved because he had basically had it with all of the negativity that the Welsh was throwing and all the raised eyebrows about potentially what Garrett Crochet mayor nine looked at early in the season. So let's take a live look here at Mike Mahyer returning serve here after Garrett Crochet's near no hitter in brilliant performance.
Speaker 4: Happy Monday, America, or should I say Happy Monday to everybody except Welsh. And I say that on behalf of Garrett Crochet, who went out there on Sunday and shoved And when I say shoved, I mean shoved it in Welsh's face, because Welsh came on here last week trashing Garrett Crochet. I'm worried about Garrett Crochet. He doesn't look great, he doesn't have the fastball, the change up, doesn't look good. The guy at a one point four or five era, and Welsh came on here last week talking about him like he's Paul Blackburn. Get out of here. Oh, isn't good enough for me? Eight shutout hittings against Oriols doesn't good enough for me? Get out of here, man, ridiculous. How about flirting with a no hitter? Is that good enough for you? Is that gonna do it for you?
Speaker 2: Welsh?
Speaker 4: Flirting with a no hitter? Or are you gonna have some excuse about how he didn't look good in this start too? You know what, Cally, who makes all of our lovely graphics with all the jay's in him that we all love, Let's have a new spelling change for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Let's start spelling.
Speaker 5: Welsh's name differently, Let's do lowercase W, lowercase capital L for Garrett Crochetes L, lowercase S, lowercase.
Speaker 4: H, because you have to own the L here. My man, you were wrong, dead wrong. He came out there, looked phenomenal, flirted with a no hitter, eleven strikeouts. I don't know what you're gonna say about this one, but I'm sure you're gonna have something to say that he didn't look good. And I just got to say, get out of here, Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You don't have to go home, but get the heck up out of here with that nonsense.
Speaker 2: Wow, you just got lowercase by Mike Mayer. Angry Mike Mayer, who had had enough after watching Garrett Crochet's near no hitter bid Well, it's tough to get lowercase. And if you look right now on the graphic below you you'll see it's happened. You are now, Chris Tell.
Speaker 3: Actually it's kind of lowercase.
Speaker 2: Well, lowercase W, E, upper case L, lowercase SH there, so that happened real fast. What's it like to get lowercase on a Monday morning? By Mike Mayor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, do you remember the movie Office Space where it walks around, they say where whatsoever his name goes. You ever had somebody tell you it's a case of the Mondays, Like, oh, hell no, that was a case of the Mondays right there. That was How long was that video, Kelli? Could you tell me the exact time, because if it was sixty two seconds, it was sixty seconds too long. The things we've actually ever done, I can appreciate the pick on about questioning. I mean, I forgot we're here on a minut at forty three minute, forty one too long. I forgot. We're on a show where we don't actually question anything tangible. We just look at everything surface level, like make me maybe Mike Mayer does on the cycle, and we just look at surface stats and we just say, this is the best thing. But Garrett Crochet had not been great. This is also coming from the guy that is Garrett Crochet at four in his overall rankings this year and was the biggest Garrett Crochet guy. And they're almost as stupid no hitter against the White Sox. I'm all here for Garrett Crochet. I'm the number one Garrett Crochet guy. But it was right to question things look kind of weird with Garrett Crochet early on, but it was cold. We mentioned that probably rightfully to answer some or ask some questions. But okay, I'll take the l if.
Speaker 2: I guess that's the question. Are you still concerned all those concerns now gone away?
Speaker 3: Listen if you? Okay, a couple of things. First off, Like Garret Crochet is my guy, Garrett Rach, I'll I mean, if there's an L to own, I'll totally own it. Garrettkrousche is my guy.
Speaker 2: But like that's true.
Speaker 3: I don't think like almost no hitting the White Sox is something to be like, hey guys, he almost no hit the White Sox. Everything is okay now, like no, but the start was like freaking great. It was incredible as fastball was back, big wift percentages, Sinker was doing some business. Why socks hand hit fastballs. I love me some Garret Crochet. I will take whatever l this is supposed to be. But I also had Garrett Crochet higher than anybody on Fantasy pros, so suck it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I thought I was the angry one, too bead, but apparently it's Mike Mahyer nowadays. So Monday morning, Mayor the mayor Bear was a little upset there. Good times, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: Well worth the segment on the show definitely made the show better.
Speaker 2: Oh hilarious.
Speaker 3: I thought I laughed the whole time.
Speaker 2: You laughed on the inside. All right, let's talk about some aces that looked really good. Michael King another rarity, complete game shoutouts. Well, we had one Sunday the Rockies. Of course, you know, not great opponents, but who cares because the Padres are in first place? And Nick Pavetta too, I don't want to lose the Pavetta start on Saturday. Ten strikeouts from him. Also fantastic, Nick Pavetta, What is going on? I'm telling you, man, the Padres get their hands on a picture. You draft that guy. Logan Gilbert also fantastic. Seven strikeouts, five innings, two three eight ERA points, sixty six whip thirty two strikeouts, just four walks in twenty two winnings. Cold Reagan's also great. Struck out ten and seven two thirds against the Guardians one hundred green seven shoutout innings, got more one hundred mile an hour fast balls than anybody else in baseball. He struck out eight against the Pirates outside of Garret Crochet. Of the rest of these performances, which one was your favorite? Which one stood out the most to you?
Speaker 3: Welsh Nick Pavetta. But you know, I mean again, you gotta be careful because if we just look at the cycle surface stats here, Nick Favetta is a cy young potential winner because he was so good.
Speaker 2: Dragon worm into this, This is this is just Mayor.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to unfairly drag the worm into this. This is all Mike Mayor. So far is a far I don't know who was holding the camera. It looks like it was just on a tripod.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying, but Nick, Nick Pavetta, But it was against the Rockies. Like, let's also caveat some things when they're worth caveating. Nick Pavetta was absolutely incredible, but it was against the Rockies. But it doesn't take away that, like he has been great. He's giving up a lot of barrels right now, which is something to watch. But his strikeouts are about on par where they were last year. He's just not giving up a whole lot of runs. He's great in San Diego. It's kind of everything that we were kind of hoping for. But you know, take this start move it forward, as like you can feel very comfortable with him. I don't think there's any type of cell or anything like that, but as far as like what you weren't expecting necessarily like Pavetta's Pavetta's early onset of the season should like have everybody pretty excited because he was kind of free ninety nine. You know, he's probably like sp like oh yeah, five or six or something like that.
Speaker 2: League winner. Right now, here's one from link. Would you start Carlos Estevez er job versus case in a weekly points league, wins or three quality stars are five, saves are seven. If I'm just sitting in forgetting for a week, I'm gonna take my shots with Estevez. I actually like the Royals today against the Yankees with Lugo in the mound against Carrasco. So that's seven points right there for a save. I'm thinking, So I'm going to Stevez, how about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm down with that. Like job definitely looked better in this last star. But yeah, if you're gonna get seven points per seve, if it saves are more than a win, go with it.
Speaker 2: Hate that this is why I don't like five x five rodal because it's like, oh, I've got Chase saves and something that saves three outs. It's one freakin' inning. It's it's three outs. I mean sometimes it's more, but rarely nowadays. And it's just so frustrating. A win is five innings at least of pitching, right, a minimum five innings to get a win, and yet it's valued the same or in this circumstance and a bad points structure less than a save for its three outs. It's absolutely dumb. I hate it. It's stupid. Now I'm mad, all right, let me get happy again. Spencer Schreider is going to be back on track to make his debut Wednesday against the Blue Jays. This is great. He looked filthy. Five and a third innings, thirteen strikeouts in the rehab start. Nothing left to prove. Marcus Simeon took a spot on the bench one of our by lows. Look it's rock bottom here right now. He's getting one twenty three, one homer, no steals. I mean, Marcus Simeyon is good. I can't think of a lower point in his career, all the way back into like this, beginning of Oakland, Like that's the last time you could see Marcusimey in this low. So I'm buying everywhere. This is a unique opportunity Welsh and now it is officially rock bottom.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, how you were saying that. I wasn't sure if you were like just saying like the output is low and you're still a by or you're just.
Speaker 2: Like the output were about twenty three and we were talking about how you know, just last week that he was a by low. Now he's getting benched. You know he's still get at the top of that order. I mean, I'm buying Marcus Imyan. Still, this is great news if you're still in that market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've I've been saying it, but yeah, everything just doesn't look good. But the Rangers as a whole, you know, Jack Berger doesn't have things going, adult East is trying to bounce back. Simon is one of those. Simon is the one that's the interesting thing about is just like everything is low from like an underlying standpoint, Like he's not hitting the ball as already striking out more, he's not barreling. Like everything just looks bad. So I think there's that little thing that's in people's minds. That's like, you know, he's getting older, four years old, like when is it gonna start downticking? But that offense is just it's too it's too big. The environmentally great. He's leading off like he's gonna he's gonna bounce back, and if he doesn't bounce back, then it's like, you know what, then you can keep that. You can keep that L there. By the way, it's kind of a nice logo, by the way, the we with the big L s A. Yeah, I kind of like it. It's it's not about the only thing the logo.
Speaker 2: The only My only critique of Mayor is that he gave the L in the wrong direction when he was throwing it up there. But that's hard sometimes because you don't know which way the camera's going. That's all right, that comes with experience.
Speaker 3: Thank you Kelly for keeping this up. We'll keep this up the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Then, oh, we are a couple questions about Michael Bush. Be weezy, you pick him up, you think he stays hot. You have McGrady here with the question is he must pick up? Any thoughts on Michael Bush's recent hot streak.
Speaker 3: Here, Yeah, I think he is.
Speaker 2: Should people be chasing the hot bush? I guess that's the question we're asking ourselves.
Speaker 3: I would be chasing the hot bush. But here's the problem. Every damn player that is really good right now is like a first basement. Someone asked me on Twitter before the show, like, Hey, They're like, hey, Tristan Constans is out there, who should I drop? Sodastrom Torque And You're just like, oh my god, Like you know, they're all just in a really good spot. But you know, Michael Bush is almost fifty percent hard hit right now, right now, strikeout rates going lower, launch angles up, He's barreling the crap out of the ball. He's putting a pretty good prime spot. I don't know, Like, if you had to rank, okay, rank Michael Bush among let's put let's put yeah, torqu and soda Strom. Let's just put him out there.
Speaker 2: I'll take Torkals, I'll take Soderstrom, Torkalsen Bush. That's my ranking.
Speaker 3: But is there a tier difference? Because I think that might be the right one. But is there a tear difference?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think for me still, I think that Well, look, the soda Strom hawstreak has been fantastic because of that ballpark. I think I'm still gonna I'm gonna keep those two guys. I'm gonna so Stroms here. Okay, I'm gonna go give me the levels. Here's the level for this is very technical. So if you're watching, this is helpful. If you're not, if you're just listening on the podcast, it's not gonna be helpful at all. Go watch on YouTube. So sod Frum's here, Towrklosen's right about there, and then Bush is a little bit lower in this tier here, so you're a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of sealation ginormous. How you did that, by the way, Well, no, it's a huge tar well like you used the whole screen.
Speaker 2: Michael Bush. I kind of know Michael Bush is not Spencer Torkosen was a top overall prospect at one point, so there's always that hope that all of a sudden he figures out and becomes a star. I don't I don't think we're ever going to get that, but it still exists. Michael Bush is just a nice player, Like I never thought Michael Busch was going to be a franchise building player, whereas we all thought Torkosen would and Soda Strum again, it's the ballpark factor that I just can't deny right now. I've got to stay locked into him.
Speaker 3: I think Bush is in the corner endfield like pick up twelve team corner infielder. I think you think you can pick him up right And he said, nuver three hundred XBA is like right under three hundred. He's doing a little bit of everything great, not even pulling the ball a ton in the air as much as he did last year. I think he's in that range of those players. He just actually might be available, you know where Sodastrum and Torque would have already been picked up.
Speaker 2: Want to shout out correlation first time on the twitches here used to be on the YouTube side. Welcome Correlation. We love having you here again. Twitch dot tv Sash Fantasy Pros where you can watch us live every Monday through Thursday here noon Eastern, and of course you can always watch us back video on demand on our YouTube channel. Subscribe trying to get to thirty thousand subscribers. Let's talk about Mike Trout for a moment. Mike Trout up to six homers, tied for the league lead. He has fourteen rbi. He is hitting just one ninety six though, with a two ninety nine OVP. Now last year, right, if you just kind of duck back a little bit, you know, to the twenty nine games that he played in twenty twenty four he had two twenty he had ten homers and fourteen RBI. And we started to ask ourselves in mid April, is this the time to trade Mike Trout? Do you remember this conversation we had last mid April where he was starting to get hot with the homers and we thought, up, he's back. Do you want to get out from Mike Trout? So twofold question here is it time to get out from Mike Trout? And second question Welsh? Can you get out from under Mike Trout if you want to?
Speaker 3: I mean you know the answer for me, it's gonna be no. You hate Mike Trout. I love Mike Trout. I was Trout well, I mean you were like, you don't draft. I mean I had him so much higher than any of you guys, Like Mike Trout was on my All Welsh team for this year. I'm a big buyer on him, regardless of the stupid injury stuff.
Speaker 2: Can hold on it's not stupid injury stuff. One hundred and thirty four games in twenty nineteen. He has only played Okay, we had the short season in twenty twenty, then thirty six games one hundred nineteen eighty two, twenty nine and fifteen so far this year. So it's not stupid, it's relevant and it's real. Just saying, I mean, I dismissed it, say it was.
Speaker 3: I'm it felt.
Speaker 2: A little dismissive of it. I feel like a little bit where like all the silly injury stuff, it's not silly. It's it's a reality for this guy. Oh it sucks, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I am a buyer of Mike Trout as I was and I still am. If you want to sell him, you could. It's probably not a great time he had. The average is low, but he's got a one thirty two babbit. His expected adding average is around two seventy. He's hitting the ball super hard. We're gonna get average. That's gonna come back. But that silly or big injury stuff. If that, if that's the thing that you want to push for, that's okay. I understand that. Because you got screwed last year. Just like you said, but you need to wait a little bit. You need to wait for the average to come up. That's great that he's up on homers, but people are still going to hold you back once he's around like two forty two to fifty. If you want to get out, get out. But I'm still in the place where if I'm getting one hundred to one hundred and twenty games out of Mike Trout, I just don't think the return is going to make sense because any single person like you're doing is going to throw the injury caveat in a trade, and what you can get from a production standboy to me is going to make more sense. But you know, let's see what the returns are if you guys want to get out, But this is not the time to trade Mike Trout right now now when he's hitting under two hundred.
Speaker 2: All right, A good job by somebody putting in the chat there too. The XB A sixty nine, I think also real quick Jacob de Gram after three starts as a four to three ERA and a six point two one whip excuse me, six point two one fip not whip, pardon me? So so far the Jacob de Gram results have not been good either, just putting that out there, not been great, not being great. Beat. There's a question here, Strider or Pepio, Boston and New York and that Bogus Ballpark weekly lineups, and I'm loaded with two star guys this week. Look, I'm gonna take the two starts from Pepio. He's been so good. I'm just gonna lock that up. I want to get both these guys in the lineup. But I don't know. I guess, well, she's kind of rocking a hard place here.
Speaker 3: Points league gets pretty easy. I'd go with Pepio. Boston's offense has just been so blah. Yeah, I mean, you're you're probably gonna have Strider on some type of a cap. It's a little bit it's it's also a little bit of a tougher matchup, and Bed said it is points, So yeah, go with Pepio.
Speaker 2: Michael King at Houston or Peralta versus the Athletics. I think, I mean, I got go Michael King here. Like it's just been crazy. He's been crazy good.
Speaker 3: He's doing his like he's doing like back and forth, he's doing like weird back and forth right now. But I would go with Michael King. Like one starts good, one's bad.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go down the farm real quick. Here the Orioles prospect, Kobe Mayo hit a solo home run, so that's good, little signs of life for him. Ben Williamson called up by the Mariners. And I believe I'm saying this right. Audiel Amador recalled by the Rockies from TRIPAA to play second base. But you know what that means, we start talking about the youngsters. It's time for prospecting with the Welsh. That's right. Every week the Welsh goes deep into the minor league prospects and brings us some names that you need to know. So Welsh, let's start here with Nick Kurtz, because he just does not stop hitting home runs every single day, more and more home runs. He's up to seven out, hitting three sixty with a twelve hundred ops. And you saw Brent Rooker move to Alfield for the weekend. A couple starts there. You saw Sodashirm taking grounders at third. I think Nick Kurtz is coming sooner than later. He's only rostered fifty percent of leagues right now.
Speaker 3: He's the number one guy. This is these first two guys are kind of like should be the no brainers for a lot of peace. But these are our updates. So this is the Nick Kurtz update, of course, the most important thing, and we got to monitor how it's going to go this week. I think this is going to be critical to how aggressive they push it. But we saw Brent Rooker play right field over the weekend, by the way, which was interesting. You would assume more of a left fielder. Lawrence Butler was getting the day off. They put Shae Lang the leers in at DH. It kind of opens up a path, but then they went right back to Rooker playing DH on Sunday. Let's monitor this week. If Rooker does have at least even one more outfield game, I just don't know how much longer they can keep him down there. He has more homers than anybody in professional baseball right now, so that is major leagues or minor leaguers. He is just continuing to smash the ball, big exit velocities, consistent exit velocities. He will thrive in that ballpark. We did a breakdown last week. I don't remember if it was here, I think it was on the live stream. We did on Wednesdays four pm Eastern if you guys want to hang out. Not with Piece of Pa this week, but me and Joe Rico we did a breakdown of the ballpark factors this year year and that A's minor league ballpark. There's just no doubt about it. So Kurtz is going to absolutely thrive when given the opportunity. They're showing us little tiny baby signs of what it could look like where Rooker would play left, you'd have Butler and right Bledet in the outfield. Right now, Miguel and you are is the one holding Nick Kurtz back a little bit, and I just don't think the A's are going to allow it too much longer. So Kurtz your number one hitter that you should be stashing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. I think it's going to be this week, Welsh, I really do. I got a feeling in my bones about it. Hopefully I'm right. Let's go to Bubba Chandler. He had another good start at TRIPAA, so when White might we possibly see him back again with the Pirates.
Speaker 3: So I think it's got to be soon. The only thing is in this last start, I kind of thought they would push the pitch count up a little bit. So his first start was pretty wonky. He was he walked three, he only had fifty two pitches fastball, slider. Second start, he looked phenomenal. Even when he's off though. His fastball and slider just they generate big whiffs, you know. Bubba Chandler like a high nineties VLO guy. Eight strikeouts, four innings, two walks. His next start, he just had four innings. He gave up his first couple earned runs, his first homer, struck out six, didn't walk any. Batting average is low, but they didn't push the innings. I think he's got to have minimum one more start, and I think they got to push him to seventy and then I think he's on the clock, so I think sometime in late April early May. That's why, if you've got the ability to you should stash a guy like Bubba Chandler. Not all prospects are like, even if they come up, are worthy of getting out there. Bubba Chandler is a guy that right out the shoot you're gonna want to get in. He's gonna have high strikeouts, Hopefully the walks are gonna be maintained, but I think that's what they're looking for. No one's getting a good batting average off of him, and I think it's going to be one more start after this where we could see him. So both Bubba Chandler and Nick Kurtz could be anywhere from a week and a half to I mean you go much further, but like within the next two weeks. I think both of them really, really, really could be on the major league teams.
Speaker 2: All right. With the injury to Justin Steel, that means open spot in the rotation. So for the Cubs, what's the internal options look like? Is there somebody maybe you have her mark that could get an opportunity sooner than later.
Speaker 3: So from the minor league standpoint, we've got to stare at KD Horton. So that's gonna be a guy that there. Yeah, I don't know if in the like immediate while they're trying to figure out what's going on, if they're going to throw him in there, but with these injury issues, I think it is something they're going to look at. Kate Horton's got two starts so far with the Triple A Cubs in the miners A one, two, three, Era twelve strikeouts, little bit walky, that's going to be his problem. He has seven walks in seven innings pitch, but he's also struck out twelve. He's also kind of on the Bubba Chandler pushing the innings. He would be very fantasy interesting, but we've got to see, like what that consistency's going to look like. Cate Horton's like a top prospect as well. He's just had some injury problems for the last kind of year and a half, not getting tons and tons of work. But I don't know if they'll throw him in right out the shoot. They may have some just like weird internal option, maybe look into the free agent market. But I do think we should pay attention to Kate Horton because there's some good strikeout potential and great offensive support, and I think he's about one of the only actual viable They might have another option or two, but he's one of the viable options that they could go to now that Justin is going to be out.
Speaker 2: For the year. They're up against it, though, I'm telling you the Cubs are in a bad spot. They could I feel like there's three guys they couldn't afford to lose this year Ibanaga Tucker obviously, and then Steal and this just puts the Cubs in a bad spot. No offense to Horton here, he can hear all the whos he wants. There's no way he's going to replace Justin Steele. He just can't do it. So maybe give you a couple starts, maybe you know, can get the walks under control. That would be nice. There is a picture that I am excited about. Now, maybe it's going to get a little bit more complicated for Logan Henderson to make it to that rotation with Woodruff getting another rehab start this week and Tobias Meyer's working his way back. But regardless, you have to look at the work so far that Logan Henderson has done this year. Fourteen innings, twenty four strikeouts for him three point two. I talked about him on the Sunday TV Show quite a bit. This is the guy that I want to stash on my bench in deeper leagues because I do think at some point there's gonna be ten to twelve starts to be had for Logan Henderson because if you keep pitching like this and now all of a sudden there's an opening in this division that maybe, just maybe the Brewers are like, Okay, we're right back in this thing. We can fix some of the things have gone wrong. Yes, the rotation has been rough to start the year. But Logan Henderson could be one of the answers.
Speaker 3: Wellsh I do think he could be the I mean they've also got Jacob Mizerowski, who I really think when Miserowski comes up, he's probably gonna if it's this year, it would be in some form of like relief. There's still some like you know, like walk questions with him. Logan Henderson had that a little bit early on, but his last start really picked it back up. He's now got a three era. He's striking out everybody I've mentioned, you know, cause I watched him a lot last year. He's a command guy, and I think he is best suited because that's the other thing. Miserowski's kind of the bigger fantasy talent. But I think Logan Henderson's best suited to jump into a rotation and maybe hold it for a bit. But like you said, there's weird questions about you know, you've got tobias and you've got Woodruff coming here soon. But it doesn't mean they're not going to need the help. Logan Henderson's last really good start kind of activates that clock as well. So he's a tier under the guys we've been talking about. I mean, I think he's Him and Kate Horton are kind of in the same general vicinity Kurtz and Chandler. You just got to do it. These guys, they might be really interesting spot stars or more interesting to hold if they are given like a long term look at a rotation. But I expect Logan Henderson and Kate Horton to probably get a look in the very near future.
Speaker 2: All Right, one more guy for the Marlins you want to talk about. It's actually a catching prospect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Augustine Ramirez, former New York Yankee. I love Augustine Ramirez big hard hit numbers. He's he's super weird too, and it's just minor league career because he's one of those guys, like, first off, we don't see big stolen based numbers from catchers, and you kind of always assume they're going to go back down. Still twenty two bases last year, hit twenty five homers year before that, he's stole twelve year before that, he's stole thirteen power has increased four straight minor league seasons, and so far in Triple A he's hitting two to eighty with a three forty five OBP. He's stolen four bases again, He's got two homers eight of his eight of his fourteen hits or extra base variety. And this guy is consistently hitting the ball hard. There's some strikeout stuff with him, but I kind of thought he might get a look here soon because Nick Foortes went on the IL and they're running up two lefty catchers. They've got Liam Hicks and I think Rob Brantley. I think with also what the DH situation is looking like there with like Jonah Bride and how gross that is that you might see Augustine Ramirez come in and do some DH and catching here in the very near future. So I think he would be kind of two catcher league fantasy relevant with those big homers. So I take a look at Augustine Ramirez or Augustin Ramirez.
Speaker 2: Great question here from rip my WiFi is Kurtz is so good they'd be willing to drop Torko center Ben Rice. That is a tough but I think This is you know what people can start asking themselves. They're going to look at their roster and say, who do I want to drop for Nick Kurtz. I have a tough time dropping Rice for him, and Torkosen's performed very well. It's probably a no for me on those two. But Welsh, this is tough. Maybe I don't want to drop a one for one first basement of those are the types of guys though, that are the bottom of your roster. You might not have a choice. So would you drop Rice or Torkelsen for the lottery ticket of Kurtz?
Speaker 3: I don't think I would. There's a little part of me that doesn't buy what Torklsen's gonna do all season long. His strikeout rates still really really high. But I think I would not make that move quite yet, because it's also it's still in question. We just don't know about Nick Kurtz and when he's actually going to be up. We're just playing speculation. So to drop like really really productive players right now, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: All right, that's prospecting with the Welsh. Everybody make sure you subscribe to the Fantasy pros Mlbutube channel ring the belt to that goes day, and of course drop your comments below, because somebody's gonna win a Nico Horner jersey from Pristine Auction when they do so again. Prospecting with the Welsh every single Monday here on Leading Off Live, or you can catch it video on demand on YouTube. Let's get to the three up and three down. Oh, there we go. I was worried for a second there. I felt so unclothed. All right, up, Pete crow Armstrong. According to Cubs fans, look, I'm giving the Cubs some kind of positive two home runs for him. You know, the Cub fans are not feeling good. Wonky's very mad at me for telling her that the Cubs are in a bad spot. There, Code I Senga seven innings, four hits, Mets shout out the Athletics, eight nothing, jung Huli two home runs yesterday four Ribby's great win for the Giants over the Yankees. Three down. Carlos Rodan not good. That era is at five four eight. Now, this is interesting because he was kind of cruising here and then the wheels just kind of fell off for him. Five and two thirds innings for him. The Jung Huli homer was the one that kind of you know, really tanked him there. Chris Sale allowed four runs, just three earned, four and third innings, But I'd be buying on Sale. His ERA is at six point sixty three right now, his ex FIP is at three point three to two. He still got twenty four strikeouts and nineteen innings. This is a great by low opportunity. I know Sales a little older, so or always con Okay, are we getting to a spot where maybe you know something's wrong? I don't think it is. I think the Braves are just off to a weird collective start. And then Zach Wheeler another big a. So these are three big pitching names having bad weekends. Four runs and six innings for him. Who are you most concerned about? Wheeler, Sale, Rodin.
Speaker 3: Oh Radon with like out a question those other guys, I'm really not. Redon's walks are way up right now, even though he does have a three two two expected era. You know, so it's he's just uh in the wrong direction, overly performing. The expected batting average against is really low as well, but I don't love the walk rate. The ballpark also just doesn't feel super great, and the back half of the of his starts are starting to become of a question. And also you pair them with Zach Wheeler, who's the top five SP and then you pair it with Chris Sale cy young Winner. If I have to pick between them, it's not even remotely close. It's Carlos for don. But I'm with you. I'm buying if I don't think there's anything with Wheeler for anybody. But if someone was looking at those starts with Sale one hundred percent, by right now.
Speaker 2: And remember, if you're trying to manage all your leagues, let us help you with my playbook from Fantasy Pros. It's a suite of powerful tools that help you make better decisions, manage lineups, and win your leagues, because that's what we're here for. You can import your team, sink your leagues for free, and get custom Fantasy Baseball news, rankings, and analysis. So do it today at fantasypros dot com, slash MLB my Playbook or download Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app right now. Sink your leagues for free and start letting my playbook help you dominate all your leagues. Here's some good ones here. I'm gonna run through these. We drop Shaw for Kurts, I say yes, what's say you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you drop casses for rice? Yes? One thousand percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably?
Speaker 2: And would you drop cruise for Kurts? Mmmm, that's tricky. Do what about cosses for Kurts? That trick here? I'm gonna say no too. Okay, this is good. This is how we're we're trying to get to, you know, a little sense of what's available here, what's uh, what we should be dropping, what we shouldn't be in order to pick up the process. So injuries George Springer day to day. X rays on the leftist came back negative, but I imagine he's going to be out for a couple of days. Breton Doyle absent for the lineup again Sunday he has a quad issue. Richard fitz goes on the fifteen day il with the PEX strain. That's not good, but on the good side. Zach Netto with the shoulder, played nine innings at shortstop in his rehab start on Sunday, so we expect him to be activated this week. Tobias Meyers won five innings and the second minor league rehab start, three runs, six hits. Liam Hendricks a scoreless sitting for him. We'll see if he works his way back this week. Lance mccullor is the name we haven't talked about in a very long time. He's gonna make another minor league rehab start this weekend for the Double A Corpus Christie team. Clark Schmidt will make his debut on Wednesday, So Schmidt comes back, Spencer Schreider comes back Wednesday, and then Terry Francona still hasn't made a decision about activating Alexis Diaz, so at least some help is on the way with pitchers. You know, I know we've been through a long winding road here with Lance mccullors over the years. If you're in a deeper league and you're kind of hurting for pitching, would you speculate on mccolors. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I have no interest in Lance mccullar's he's okay, he's always injured. I mean, there's a guy more injured reprone than Mike Trout. It would probably be Lance mccullors. So I have almost no interest in Lance McCall he's let's see him do it. There's so many more interesting players out there. I would probably rather have a stream spot open to stream out guys than I would hold on to Lance.
Speaker 2: Mccullor's let's talk about mydraft for a second here too. I kind of touched on him earlier. I don't expect a law from this guy, but if you're in a fifteen team league, especially OBP, you should grab him. He's gonna hit at the top of the order. The White Sox have no reason out to play him every day. Teal should be up pretty soon too. This is kind of crazy. I thought he was going to get the call when they catcher injury happened. He didn't, So I'm not expecting a great season from him. But if you're in a points league or OBP, I think he has some value. Welsh, what do you think of him as a prospect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in points league, I've never been super big on my draft, but like, he's kind of kind of Jacob wilsony where. Yeah, I don't think he's in a strikeout super ton. He's gonna get on base. I mean he's sucking a decent amount right now. He hits for a lot of average. It's going to be empty ish ish from the power and speed department. Not like to really big degrees, but like you said, he's gonna probably end up moving a little bit higher. I picked him up in a played in like the sixteen team league, his head to head crazy league. I swooped him right up because he's going to get regular playing time between short and second, and I think they're committed to him. And that was something I had said with Brooks Baldwin. When Brooks Baldwin started playing some outfield, it was like, Oh, they're just clearly opening up this spot, so my draft could move between both positions. So really good for your batting average, Probably not going to be great for a whole lot of other things. OBP plus points plus All.
Speaker 2: Right, it's that time, boys and girls, the time for the best bets of the day with Joey P and the Welsh. I'm going for some games today. That's right, moneyline Monday for Joey P. And oh oh no, look at that. The Welsh is still the capital L in the lowercase here too. I love a good running joke, that's what I can say. Oh, I'll give you the money line today for the Kansas City Chiefs plus one sixteen on the road against the Yankee Seth Lugo in the mound against Carlos Cookie Carrasco. I know which way that cookie crumbles, and it crumbles with a lot of runs typically, So I'll take the better picture on the mound and take my chances. Yankee offense kind of scuffling a little bit over the last couple of days. Give me the money line for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers against the Buccaneers. I've been doing football all day, not the Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Rays, my bad, and the Boston Red Sox today minus one sixteen Shane Bos who got bumped a healthy bump yesterday. There's nothing wrong with him. They just moved him a day. I don't know what's because they, you know, are somehow gonna drop latel out of the rotation or what. I don't know what's going on there. We didn't really did you see anything about why Bos got bumped yesterday?
Speaker 3: I mean at younger pictures they pushed They also they put in Joe was Joe Boyle, who was really good, and they might end up wanting to keep in the rotation. So I think it might have been setting up proper rotational stuff. So no, the answer is no. I didn't see like an official word for it, but I don't really worry about young pictures getting pushed like a day. And then also it aligned with Boyle being really good and them talking about keeping him in the rotation.
Speaker 2: Look anything to keep Lttel out of it. And we don't know when mclodahn comes back, but regardless, give me the money line for Tampa with bos on the Mount. Boz over his last ten starts going back to last year has been fantastic and I don't think enough people were taking notice of it. And then Houston money Line. My boy friend Bervaldez. He's going against Sunny Gray. Probably the only picture that I fear even remotely in Saint Louis, but I don't feel Saint Louis is up to task. So give me Houston money Line, Tampa money Line, and Casey Royals not the Chiefs on the money line. Welsh, Oh, where are you're going here? I've got NFL Draft on the brain. I guess where are you going? For your best bets of the day.
Speaker 3: On Monday, I'm gonna jump into a strikeout prop. We're gonna go with Terry Scouobel going up against the Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Brewers higher up there on the strikeout marker, especially against lefties, So Terreke's scouble at seven feels pretty good. Handful the guys this weekend. This gun shy right now with how some of this stuff has been going. But just everybody this weekend was just chalking up. It was just Crochet striking out, Reagan striking out. We're gonna get back with Trig Scuoble and a pretty good matchup here Lefty on Brewer, So that's a little bit juiced up, might even be worse this morning, but Treg Scuble over six point five strikeouts, Toronto first five money line, and I am backing our boy Lucas. I'm on the Toronto side. Let me get the match up here up against Atlanta. Atlanta has absolutely struggled against lefty, so Easton's out there. I like them on the push or obviously on the win, so first five innings for them to be winning, I'll either push or take that. They've also been scoring through the first five. Atlanta's offense has just been really struggling, So Easton, Lucas, I'm backing here and Pittsburgh Washington Nurphy, Paul Skins is back in and the Lord, I am Lord Lord, Lord, Lord Brad Lord has been sneak good too. The organization really does like him and I think this is a good, good matchup to start the day for a no run through the first inning. So Toronto first five, Pittsburgh, Washington, Nurphy and Terry Scooble over six and a half strikeouts. So those are my picks.
Speaker 2: Here you go, and remember when you're making your bets, make sure you use the Betting Pros app because right now you get a free seven day trial of Betting Pros Premium if you download it today wherever you get your apps, and use that promo code leading off to unlock exclusive betting tools including the MLB prop bit cheat sheet, the betting systems and the same game parlay builder using sharp Ai and so much more. Download the BP app today for Betting Pros, use the promo code leading off and use the premium this week to start betting smarter, not harder, and also make the most of your bets. Go to fantasypros dot com slash leading off where at FanDuel new customers can bet just five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets if they win once again. That's Fantasybros dot Com slash leading off. Let's go to the home run board, boys and girls, and you got lowercase here too. Oh my goodness. But it doesn't matter because you're on this board and I don't see Mike Mayor on this board, Welsh. So maybe you could record a video looking for him in different places around your house or you know, in the mailbox or in the dryer. Where's Mike Mayor on the home run board? I don't know. I've only got two. I'm miserable so far. But nobody had any home runs this weekend. It was a very weird weekend. One home run all weekend. I'm gonna go ahead, and this is not piggybacking the Welsh. I put this in there, and then I realized after I put it in, and I want to change it that Bobby Witt was my pick today in Yankee Stadium. So Bobby Wit is my guy, Welsh, where are you going with your home run call for today?
Speaker 3: Well, Bobby Wit was my guy, so I was the first one to have Bobby Witt. But so I'm not going off with the guy that I picked Chicken, So I'm also used to there with Bobby Witt.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well, should I are picking the same guy where hopeing that Bobby Wit HiT's a home run? I don't know who everybody else out there is hoping hits home runs today. But you can go to our Discord fantasypros dot com slash chat. And remember when you subscribe using Amazon Prime, you get access to the home run channel. And since nobody pulled away this weekend, that Sami Sosa Jersey is still very much up for grabs. Somebody ask a good question here too, it's Rip Agan. Would you drop Ben Rice for Soderstrom? Somebody dropped Soderstrom for torkal sin on the way we wire.
Speaker 3: I love Ben Rice too. I think I've Ben Rice over even Soderstrom right now. So no, I wouldn't drop Ben Rice.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. So a lot of things going on in Major League Baseball world. I know, before we were talking about Trout, I mentioned Jacob de Gram in passing any patnic about Jacob de Gram at all. Curiosity A little worried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm absolutely a little bit worried. I gotta be careful about being worried about anything here, because that'll blow up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have some fun never.
Speaker 3: I'm a little worried about Decron. I am a little bit worried.
Speaker 2: Joe Rico will be here tomorrow. I want you to press him about Jacob de Grom because it was nobody more Jacob deGrom than Joe Rico going into the season, so I want to hear his take on it. I'm gonna be on vacation for a couple of days visiting family cousin Donnie's house. Kids are going to hang out together, and I say kids are all teenagers now, and hopefully on Thursday, we'll be doing Leading Off Live together Welsh and myself from the same room. That'll be super fun. I'm hoping that works out. But Joe Rico will be picking it up for me this week, So shout out to Joe Rico. Be nice to Joe Rico. Everybody, don't lowercase Joe Alrico all caps for that guy. Giving me a couple of days off here before the NFL Draft comes next week. And as you can see, I called the raise the Buccaneers, which means Joey p needs a vacation for a couple of days. Spring break. Who Welsh any final thoughts for today before we close things out.
Speaker 3: Nope, I'm gonna go work on making a super super awkward video that has nothing to do with anything I'm gonna have for the next couple of shows. So I'm gonna go on, Now, what's the length of that video? Gonna be minute forty four just so it could be one second more awkward than all.
Speaker 2: Right, that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB