Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky, Hey Jukie, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I ghosted.
Speaker 1: I los Nandaz Please hey boo. It's me Ross and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 1: This week I get to talk to the hilarious comedian and writer Rachel Pigram. Before we get to that conversation, I do have a ghost story for you. This one was emailed to me at Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com by Chelsea, who writes I was born and raised and still live in the Bible Belt, and as a result, I've been around some pretty spooky, diehard religious folks who fully believe in angels and demons. My sister and I have had random people in church as a kid come up to us and tell us that we can see into the spiritual realm. This really scared the shit out of us and we honestly wanted no part of it. However, scary things had a tendency to follow us around. My mom, sister, and I were pretty nomadic and moved around a lot so we only lived in this rented house for maybe a year or so. It is the only house we lived in. Everywhere else were apartments, so we were excited. However, I immediately felt a scary presence. I was terrified to go anywhere by myself in the house. My sister was two. We were attached at the hip, even going to the bathroom together. I hated going to my mom's bedroom, in particular because every time I walked in there, I thought of the word beheaded. Oh God. My sister also had repeated sightings of an old woman with black holes for eyes, standing over our bed and staring at her. One time, when I got out of the shower, I was feeling particularly brave that day and didn't force my sister to wait in the bathroom or outside the door. I walked through the hallway to the bedroom. When I opened the door, a robed figure stood in the corner of the room. I froze, and then this woman glided towards me at a super fast speed. I dropped my towel and ran screaming through the hallway to my mom and sister, who were in the hitchen. I wasn't dreaming or under the influence of any kind. I saw her very clearly. And finally, one day during the summer, while my mom was at work, my sister and I were hanging in the living room like we normally would. We then started hearing loud banging and thuds coming from the backyard. We opened the blinds of the patio door and the backyard was literally black full of crows. The crows were slamming themselves into our house and our windows. We both just stood there in silence and shot. Eventually, it stopped, and we both just sort of walked back to the living room and sat in silence for a while. We then got our wits back and called our mom, freaking out. But when we walked back to the patio door as we were talking on the phone, there was nothing there, no signs of crows flying or dead crows on the ground. It makes absolutely no sense, but it was terrifying. Finally, as we were moving out, a neighbor told us that the previous owner of the house, who was an old woman, had died alone in that house. That would have been nice to know, Chelse, Chelsea, that's too scary. No, I love it, It's really good, but oh my god, that's one of the scarier ones I've heard in a minute. Thank you so much for sending that, and anyone listening, please send in your stories. I love reading these. Please keep them coming. Okay, let's get to my conversation with the hilarious Rachel pegrim On with the show. Hi Rachel, Hi, welcome to my spooky world.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so happy that you're here. You're such a funny comedian.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 1: So are you? We have so much a comment. Do you? Are you somebody that thinks about the paranormal, the supernatural, the other side?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yes. Why you know?
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like it's ever present in some ways, like an energy in a space to.
Speaker 2: Me, like, oh, you're walking in somewhere. Something's up, something's happened here.
Speaker 3: You know, something's going on in this space. I, for one, don't have the gift of being able to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can feel it. I don't know what it is. I just can feel something's off.
Speaker 1: Yes, I always think about like would you enter like a break room or like a green room or something you're like somebody here?
Speaker 2: Yes, used to.
Speaker 1: Date somebody and I could tell that it's a weird somethings weird in this room.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think that stand up comedians have to have that, whether they think they do or not. Like you have to know how to read a room.
Speaker 3: You would think you will hope, you know what I mean, you were really hope.
Speaker 2: There are some people I would say that's not in their wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, but I think it's It's definitely an important skill just to pick up on those vibes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It definitely helps because you can hear them laugh so that you know, if I need should I keep doing? You know, if I say something a little dirty, I'm like, okay, they liked that, now I can. The worst is when you're like, oh fuck, I had twenty minutes about that nasty thing, and now I can't do any of it.
Speaker 3: I once, when I was in New Zealand, I did a show.
Speaker 1: Okay international, you know, just a little, a little here, a little there.
Speaker 3: I was in New Zealand and I was doing more characters at the time. For whatever reason, I was like, I'm gonna do all my characters. Why I had stand up but I was just like, I'll do all my characters. So I go out there. I start with a character and then I'm sort of realizing how deeply American the character is and that they won't get it. But I'm sort of in like, like in a mode, and I won't stop. And it's I've never, not before that, and not since, have I ever done a show where it was so.
Speaker 2: Just silent, just held silence, just no one getting it. No, Everyone's like, what's going on? Where did she come from?
Speaker 3: It's actually one of the few shows my mom has ever seen me do, because we were on the trip together.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she thinks, what is this girl doing? Why she's sticking with it?
Speaker 3: But yet I power through, did the full set and absolutely bombed.
Speaker 2: When I got to.
Speaker 3: The airport though, to leave for the trip, somebody comes up to me, I loved that set you did, I said, you did. You didn't make a peep.
Speaker 1: I know people did her all the time, and it's like, the very least you could have done is express that with your vocal cords or your hands, please. I had that happened to me the last time I was in New York. It wasn't quite as bad, but I started talking about drive Through, and then I was like, why is everyone so quiet, and then I realized they don't have drive throughs in New York City. Yes, idiot. Yeah. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever seen one?
Speaker 2: Never seen? Never. I never tried to track down, never tried to, never try.
Speaker 3: To be involved. It's like, I just I respect what it is that they're doing, but I don't know that I want any involvement.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but I believe in it, and I believe in them.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the ultimate boredom or I don't know, privilege. I'm not sure what it is to be like, well, everything's okay over here, I'm gonna go fuck up the other side. Yeah, let me go on over there and ruffle some feathers.
Speaker 3: I you know, it's like, uh, you don't want to be forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just want to get in there. You want to keep doing stuff, You want to keep messing around. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a psychic?
Speaker 2: Uh no, Taro, but not a psychic?
Speaker 1: Okay, why not a psychic?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can give you a reading. Yeah, did you have a grandmother?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, see this is how they I've seen so many that start like that do you have a grandmother?
Speaker 2: Also, the way you're looking.
Speaker 1: Did you. That's part of it is you have to really make it seem like, yeah, getting a vibe, getting a vibe that you had a grandmother no longer with us. I'm seeing white hair. Oh uh huh, oh my god, was she a woman?
Speaker 2: Stop? I start crying. No, stop, stop, stops. I'm just too close.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm obsessed with always but lately. Okay, So I bought this book. I was in Austin, Texas last week, and I was going antique shopping, sweating my ass off, absolutely horrible. However, still had to go to the antique stores and I find this book called Bizarre Phenomenal right up my alley. It's from nineteen ninety two Reader's Digest book, lots of pictures, and so I've been rifling through this thing and there's all these little blurbs and there was this one that was a synchronicity story, and so I want to share this synchronousy because it's so fascinating. It was just a little blurb. So then I went in research and I found Ripley's Believe It or Not had a thing about it. So you know, this story is the real deal. So this is from Ripley's dot com and it's the story of the Jim Twins.
Speaker 2: Jay I am oh oh okay.
Speaker 1: The Jim Twins. Okay. So they were separated at birth, they were identical twins. At age thirty nine, they reunite now it says, okay. Both men were named Jim by their adopted parents, which is already like that's one of those things you go, oh, that's cool, that's crazy. Oh wow, yeah, honey, buckle up. They both grew up about forty miles apart from each other. One of the boys was adopted by a family, the Lewis', and then another one the Springers. So it was Jim Lewis and Jim Springer. And they both knew, like, we have a kid that was a twin whatever, but they they didn't really know what happened to the other twin. So they both had childhood dogs named Toy. As school children, they had a proclivity for math and woodworking, but they were no great shakes at spelling. If their childhood were uncannily similar, though, then their adulthoods were remarkable. So both Jim's married twice. The first time they married a woman named Linda. When they divorced, they went on to both marry a woman named Betty. Two different Betty's, two different Linda's. Jim Lewis and Jim Springer both had a son, same name, James Allen. They named their son though I will say the one was a l An the other is a l l An. But still they both were heavy smokers. They both drove the same kind of car, which was a Chevrolet. They had similar jobs, working in secure. It says they took vacations at the same Florida beach. Neither man knew any of these facts about each other until when they were thirty seven, Jim Lewis decided to get in contact with this twin. This is in nineteen seventy seven. They meet each other and it's just like, wait, my wife's name was Betty or like what like so wild because that's the thing, Like there's a couple of things where you're like, Okay, you both smoke and you drink a lot. Like I can see where maybe there's some kind of genetic thing like I don't know, but like you both had a son you name the sun the same thing. Yeah, you both had a dog named toy when you were growing.
Speaker 2: What that's that's twin connection.
Speaker 1: That is something so strange to me that, I mean, that's all that the paranormal is is like things science can't explain, and that to me, it just blows my mind. And it's real.
Speaker 2: But aren't there like in distances were twins.
Speaker 3: They're like they're connected, not like voodoo, but you know, like one gets hurt and the other one kind of feels it right, you know, Like.
Speaker 1: I have asked every twin I've ever met. I've had a couple of one person twin, like I've had the half on the show, and they all say, no, well.
Speaker 3: I have a twin friend and she I'm actually friends with both of the twins.
Speaker 2: But they they I feel.
Speaker 3: Like they say stories of like you know, little things, not crazy stuff, but just like you know, sensing oh something was maybe off with that.
Speaker 1: One totally, and I know it's real. It's just the twins. I know, they don't they're.
Speaker 2: Not tapped in. I know, if you're tapped in like Jim and Jim, you could be living the same life.
Speaker 1: That is so crazy. I can't even begin to comprehend any of this. So they were studied by a scientist, of course, doctor Thomas Bouchard.
Speaker 2: Damn they couldn't get a gym. Would have been.
Speaker 1: Nice, they would have so Thomas Bouchard of the University of Minnesota, who found that their medical histories and their brain wave tests were almost identical, so were the results in personality test.
Speaker 2: But see, I also feel like.
Speaker 1: Some some of the stuff, I bet you. It's that thing where you're like, because they're strangers kind of, they just meet and then they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have that in common. We have that in common.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, what's your favorite movie, and it's like, my favorite movie is like Stuart Little And then he's like me too, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You just start feeling in the gaps because you want to be the same. It's like, well, I guess I like to do her a little little bit.
Speaker 1: That's my new favorite.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, you said they live forty miles away from each other. This it's actually not that far.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of similarities in what they could have grown up with because of like town whatever, like city they were in. It's like they're right around the corner from each other, right, that is true.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the worst question as an interviewer that I constantly ask people to do on the spot. Can you think of anything in your life that's like synchronostic, synchronicities, weird things that are you know what A lot of people say, coincidence?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: There's also a belief that coincidences are not real, right. I don't want to put you on this.
Speaker 2: Money, No, No, I love me give me out their coach.
Speaker 3: I like the thing that keeps coming to my mind, and I'm like, what that doesn't that doesn't feel like the very kind of thing.
Speaker 2: No, that's not like a It's okay, No, I don't know. You know, I'll think on it.
Speaker 1: Let me think about you worry as we do that. Let me tell you another one that I just learned. Okay, did you know that Abraham Lincoln suck uh huh almost died in a train accident, but he was saved by John Wilkes Boot's brother. Huh No, so apparently John Wilkes Booth. His brother was a famous actor named Edwin Booth, and then Robert Todd. Lincoln was leaning up against a train one day, which is not don't do that.
Speaker 2: That's insane behavior.
Speaker 1: That is some NEPO baby never had to work.
Speaker 2: No, exactly. I didn't think it was gonna move.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to get out in the real world way more. Robert Todd Lincoln. So he's leaning up against it and then apparently Edwin Booth grabs him by the collar, which this sounds like one of these stories where it's like, what this. I don't think that's how what really happened? But whatever is what they say. And then he's like, oh my god, you're Edwin the after from the movies or from the stage. Your Edwin Booths. That's crazy because my dad's famous too. My dad's Abraham Lincoln. You got the five? You have any five dollar bells?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Can I get somebody? Give me a five? And then I can show you that to my dad. And then crazy story. I don't know if you know this part Edwin Booth's brother.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, actually, keep going. I don't know if I remember. No, keep going, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Edwin Booth. The famous actors.
Speaker 2: Right who I know?
Speaker 1: His brother stop was at a theater. Oh were Robert Todd Lincoln's dad.
Speaker 3: Oh was also at Okay getting the band back together in a way.
Speaker 1: Which is like small town, which Okay, that's another part of this because I already know how you your mind works, because you're the one that threw out. Oh those two twins, they only live forty miles away, so it's not that exciting. Well these people.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need to play that back because I don't know. That's what I sounded like. Let's play that back.
Speaker 1: Came to fight. So Robert Todd Lincoln was traveling via train from New York to Washington, and this was in a Jersey City, New Jersey train stop where he decided to lean against a train.
Speaker 3: Girl insane to lean against a train?
Speaker 2: Yeah, never never had that? Have I had that impulse?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: Weren't they scared of trains back then?
Speaker 1: You would think, you know, the movie.
Speaker 3: One of those first movies was The Train Coming Out. It wasn't out, you know what, it wasn't out. They were They weren't.
Speaker 2: Thinking like that changed every Yeah, they were like, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: That's what Edwin Booth said, this is scary. Yeah, I have an idea for a pilot. He said, I have a script I could write.
Speaker 2: I have a storist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then someone else did it and stole it from him.
Speaker 3: Tails all this time. You can't tell everyone your ideas exactly. So that's that story, which is wild.
Speaker 2: No, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh, in case anyone doesn't know, so, Edwin Booth's brother shot Abraham Lincoln juniors. What's his name, Robert Robert Todd, Robert Todd Lincoln. He shot his dad, Abraham, who was the president.
Speaker 2: At the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a big top hat on and he didn't get the top hat.
Speaker 2: No, tumble down, he got.
Speaker 1: Below the top hat. Or actually, I don't know where he shot him.
Speaker 2: She shot him from behind, I think right, Or did you shoot him from.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was from behind. But this did he get him in?
Speaker 3: He didn't stud him from the stage. Now, he shot him from behind. He didn't do that in the booth, but Booth in the booth in the booth.
Speaker 1: Which is just a wild It's just a very wild coincidence, I suppose. But there's more. I can tell you more because I can tell you're not impressed.
Speaker 2: I'm deeply impressed. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm just trying to think of anything in my life that it feels like, and I'm sure there has been.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, what, how about this one, an engaged couple discovered that their parents almost married each other. Oh no, so this is from Best Life Online dot com, it says, as told in an episode of nprs This American Life titled No Coincidence, No Story. Stephen and Helen Lee had just gotten engaged when they made a shocking family discovery. While looking through family photos during the engagement party in New York. They realized that the bride's mother and the groom's late father had nearly gotten married in Korea in the sixties, but moved on to another relationship because their parents disapproved by incredibly narrow odds. The two loves of Lee's father's life from two different sides of the world. No last now share grandchildren decades later.
Speaker 2: Oh oh okay, I see, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a little complicated at the end there, but oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that is another one that kind of seems like, well, you lived in the same place, like it's possible.
Speaker 3: No, that feels that feels crazy because you were almost well, I guess you almost didn't exist ultimately.
Speaker 1: Totally, you know, but it's almost like one of these things where the fate didn't work out. So now it's almost like, Okay, do you subscribe to the idea of past lives or like going into another like you're going to go to another one after this?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, well, I guess yeah, I mean I like the idea of it is what I like. Yeah, yeah, I think it seems kind of interesting that you could be like working out something from the past, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because it's that's the thing. These people were still alive, I guess the original but it's almost like their love like it didn't work out, so now it like kind of went like their genetic a piece of the spiritually. I don't know, but maybe it's even.
Speaker 3: Something like you know, like you know sometimes the thing people say, it's like you you're you're here because somebody who looked like you wanted to fuck someone that looked like you, you know, so it's like, oh, you already like your parents are already attracted to each other at one point, So maybe y'all just kind of look like what they already also liked, and you inherited some of that and so now y'all, look, we're attracted to each other.
Speaker 1: Don't take the fun out of this.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 3: I guess I'll put my degree away, Oh my god, musical theater.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, that I should have consulted you more on the John Wilkes booths exactly. Think that wasn't a theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wish you would have. We should circle back to that. It's a it's a fine degree.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't have a degree, so I think that I don't. I dropped out of college.
Speaker 2: And a lot of ways I don't either. But whatever you want.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's like, okay, you people definitely have a taste, Like, yes, sometimes you see pictures of families where you're like, you guys like you look like twins. Like everyone looks like twins here. You guys really like each other.
Speaker 3: It's like folder's commercial. Yeah, you know with the oh your back home.
Speaker 2: Sister, whatever the hell?
Speaker 1: That weird one. That weird one. Really it's like, hey, sister, I've missed you. It's like, yeah, brother, it's like Jesus have you been don't leave me again?
Speaker 2: Like how did this get approved?
Speaker 1: That's so weird?
Speaker 3: Okay, I will say so. In regard to like sort of a past life thing, there have been people sometimes when I've met them initially and like I try not to think of it as like, oh, I'm just like really excited, like because they're a new friend or a new person in my life. But like there have been times where I'm like I know you, yeah, like oh I feel I know you, and I can't articulate it in any other way. Then I feel I know you, and then I get to know them more, and then there's like oh these ways in which that we overlap, but like early on, before I really know them, I'm just like I know you right, which feels nice. I don't know, feels like, oh, I've encountered someone that I was supposed to meet exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Yeah, And I always wonder with those people, like like I wonder how many times you and I have been in the same room together, yes, before ever.
Speaker 2: Meeting, like, which is exciting.
Speaker 1: I think it's so weird, ye, And it's fun when you make those connections.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like, oh, there was like a picture going around recently of like Kamala Harris in a photo with Barack Obama and she's like there and whatever, but like it reminded me of that kind of phenomenon that people have where it's like they take a picture and then they'll be like, oh my god, like this person that I hadn't met there in the background, or like my best friend or whatever.
Speaker 1: People. Yeah, they were like, wait a minute, that's my dad, that's my mom.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of funny. Okay, let's do like one more of these because and I apologize to anyone that came for a spooky because this really isn't that spooky. But we'll get to the spooky in a second. Okay, what about this? A meteor hit a family's home and the family's name was the Combat Family.
Speaker 2: No not the Combat Family.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: What website is this? What little made up website is this?
Speaker 1: This is my favorite kind of thing. Listen. We just had on my episode with Kara Klank, we just had this. There's a woman who I am Now if she starts a church, I'm joining it. Her name is Jemima Packington and she lives I'm sorry, name alone. She lives in England, Okay, and she is an asparamancer, meaning she interprets asparagus to make predictions. She drops the asparagus and looks at it, and she can tell predictions now let me tell you why this is insane.
Speaker 2: Don't do this.
Speaker 1: She has seventy to ninety five percent accuracy. She made predictions for the world in December of twenty twenty three. She said that the US is going to have its first female president.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: She said that while Kamala wasn't even a part of the conversation.
Speaker 3: And she's doing this from the asparagus, from the asparagus, and who is are people following her?
Speaker 2: I don't think she's even on social media.
Speaker 3: She shouldn't be because people would start coming the way. People would be dropping their lives for this woman.
Speaker 2: Already. I feel it.
Speaker 1: I am like, first of all, I love asparagus. I know it makes your peace smell bad, but I love it. It's it's so good.
Speaker 2: No, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Honey, I'm gonna she's gonna predict my life and the I'm gonna cook me up a nice little side dish.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: She I feel like she's got the whole plan already set out, like predictions. But then also on the food side, she's definitely can be doing all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: She would be asparas. Yes, she should do a cookbook.
Speaker 2: A cleanse, the asparagus cleanse Yes.
Speaker 1: That, Oh my god, that would be so genius to start a restaurant where it's like, I will tell you when you're gonna die and then you can eat. Yeah, the asparagus that made this decision for us.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's coursed out, it's a preset menu. Yes, it's so personalized. Maybe the courses have something to do with your life. It's fifteen hundred dollars to eat there.
Speaker 1: Though, I'm starting a management company and I'm about to approach Jamia packet to shocked left.
Speaker 2: Actually that's bad after.
Speaker 1: This one, this prediction that is incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: And she has a whole long list of proven things that she has predicted happening, some not you know. But so she's not one hundred percent accurate, which is fine, but that's goods are good. We all have a bad day in the job.
Speaker 2: We're flawed.
Speaker 1: We've all been in New Zealand and did a character you know. But that doesn't mean that we're not gonna slay most of the time exactly.
Speaker 3: Not every day is New Zealand, is how I like to say. No, I believe in her. I actually believe in her too. Much. And she's British, you know those country loves Brits more than anything.
Speaker 2: The accent. Come on, they're just gonna believe it. I Left, right and.
Speaker 1: Center actually just found in an article they had this picture of her where she has got fanned out in her hands some asparagus. She looks cocky as shit, but I love it. That is some gangster shit. It's like, I will tell you everything with these aspera guys.
Speaker 3: No, that is a woman who who knows exactly who she is, you know, like, look like I'm just seeing glimpses of the outfit as well, and I'm just like, she knows who she is.
Speaker 2: She's very confident and I probably would trust her.
Speaker 1: I yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: How is she reading the asparagus? Does she have videos? What's she doing?
Speaker 1: I think she does. You know, I haven't even gotten in there to look at everything. All I needed to hear was this, and I'm already like, where do I send my money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The asparagus aspect is hard to get my mind fully around.
Speaker 1: And again she calls herself an asparamancer. But wait the only reason I brought this up is because we have to get back to the Comet family.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh and I forgot and I forgot about the Comet family. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: This has just become a podcast of really like funny names. Is like all I care about. Like obviously, here's some of the things we've covered on this podcast. The Fister Hotel, which is in Wiscon's a very famous hotel that's haunted. We've covered the Brown Pucy House, which is in Kentucky and it's a haunted house, the Brown Pucy House, the Dildo Monster of Dildo Pond, which is a real monster in a real place. So stuff like that. Anyways, now we're going to add to those are all the dirty ones, but we've also got the Combat Family, which is not dirty but so. National geographic reports that your odds are being killed by a meteor are one in one million, six hundred thousand, So the odds would seem infinitely small that a meteor which had been flying through space for more than four and a half billion years without hitting a target would hit the home of a family with the last name commt CO M M E. Tte. According to Time magazine, you're asking my sources in a bizarre case of cosmic synchronicity. That is exactly what happened to one family in France. Thankfully nobody was hurt and the comments are now the proud owners of their own extremely rare extraterrestrial rock the commat the comments. That sounds like it's nineteen sixties like dwap girls. Yes, a little trio the commets. It's adorable. I love it. Wow. Something that's not adorable?
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Is the world of haunted dolls? Can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for the dolls are living?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: But I do is?
Speaker 1: I go to epy dot com and I type in the words haunted doll. There are thousands at a time, and typically the belief with these dolls is that somebody has died and they are now in a doll. Oh okay, the options are heaven, hell, haunted email doll. That's how it works when you die. So I have got this is a two for one special here, Jiha, could you please show us LaToya and ramone. It's kind of like a lesbian couple or something. Yeah, there's certainly a queerness to them. They both have on lipstick and long lashes and doing to eyeliner. But I believe it's supposed to be one as male and one is female.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that can't be. That can't be.
Speaker 1: Well it's Ramone and LaToya.
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 3: But they look they I mean, there's something sort of precious the way they're holding each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're adorable, kind of Oh and.
Speaker 3: They way they're both like looking off lonly into the distance, Like oh, I feel like.
Speaker 1: They're looking off, Like what are you looking at? This is natural? Yes, we're queer. Get over yourselves. They are two dollars embracing each other. They both have blue eyes, full face of makeup. Yes, what is definitely more butcher than the other. Yes, And I feel like maybe it's are they there's something cultural going on that I don't know. Is it like a Spanish like Flamenco dancer vibe? I think?
Speaker 3: But then there's also the fringe and I don't know where to where to place the fringe I mean, but then there's kind of a newsboy cup sort of look as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had lots of ideas going on when they were creating these two. But here's the thing. They come with biographies. Oh yes, oh so let me read. By the way, they're going for sixty dollars.
Speaker 2: Stop, that's too much, girl.
Speaker 1: I've seen some that are twenty five thousand dollars like I don't think anyone's buying them. No, Bye, what's really big and important is a good bio when you're trying to sell your haunted dolls. Sixty dollars Now, I want to point out they did not offer thirty for Ramone and thirty for LaToya. If you want them to separate, you can't separate them. It's sixty dollars for both. Oh like kittens, like the gym twins. So it says this spicy couple is perfect for anyone looking to spice up a relationship. They met each other at a dance competition in the eighties and have been glued to each other ever since. And then there's a smiley face. I can't be sure what age they were when it happened, but Ramone died, and then there's always like a little bit of sad whatever. But basically he died and LaToya died of a broken heart after he died. I mean they loved each other. When she did die, he was right there waiting for her when she was ready. This love between them surpassed and overcame death. There are a lot of cases when one's lover dies, they don't reconnect in the afterlife for one reason or another. This is not one of those cases. Were you to try to separate them, let's just say they've given me some not so pretty images. Were that to happen, they will not, in all caps, be kept apart. When they were alive, they both loved dancing so much. It was their passion, their art, their reason for living until they met one another. They love watching dance competitions and the activity skyrockets when music is playing. The one kind of music they dislike, explicit rap and hip hop trap music seems to resonate with them. They are super active with just about any method of communication I've offered them. The candle is their favorite. LaToya was an amazing cook. She'd love to get offerings of homemade foods. As for Ramon, he appreciates cigars. This couple would love to assist your marriage by increasing libido, and they know when to nudge you in the right direction. They almost have a suck you by vibe to them. But they were and are definitely human. Do you know about like a sucubis like a sex demon. So basically that's the two of them, so they will make you horny.
Speaker 2: I guess. So they don't like explicit rap, but they do like trap music.
Speaker 1: Is that what that was? I guess that's what that was.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but Okay, they're an interesting couple for sure, that's for sure. I can't imagine dying of a broken heart.
Speaker 1: Though, you know, I have a grandma that kind of did that really. Yeah, I don't know if I guess it's time period, but also like Mexican culture whatever, they were married as like young teens, like prech like so young. Yeah, and then by the time they're like in their seventies, it's like, can you imagine I guess that is different sixty years or something. Yeah, and then the one dies and then and then the grandma is like, right, how.
Speaker 2: Would I be by myself?
Speaker 3: And I do just want to say the sort of little motif or thing they have in this picture with the little rocks in the in the tiny leaves, oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even acknowledge.
Speaker 3: That to give us a sense of place, and I don't know what that place is, but it's definitely giving us a sense of place, velvet background, it feels like sears.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They definitely sprung for a photo package, which I think is important because this is all marketing when you're trying to sell, yes, you know, a haunted doll.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and they have ballet hands, you know, they kind of have like the little second effort, you know whatever together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, and they want you to know that they will help you get busy.
Speaker 2: I don't want those to involved.
Speaker 1: But I feel like they're respectful. It says they know how to get you in the mood. And then they're gonna be like, all right, as long as you leave us some cigars and homemade food, we're gonna be you know, over here.
Speaker 2: We won't look.
Speaker 1: We don't want to.
Speaker 2: That's why they're looking off the time. We won't be looking.
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: We're not looking. You guys can fuck We're not looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's the two of them. Wow, can I play you some ghost voices? Okay, it's time for EVP or ev Please. Have you ever heard the term EVP? It stands for Electronic voice phenomenal. Okay, so this is when people ghost hunting believe they've captured a ghost speaking. So I go to YouTube and I find people's EVPs. Okay, I'm gonna play you too, and after each time I play you one, I'm gonna give you ABCD. And one of these is the correct answer of what the person that posted it leaves the ghost.
Speaker 2: Of saying, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: This first one was posted by Doorways Mag and that was on YouTube and they have recorded this at a house in Union City, Indiana. What is this ghost saying? Let me play it again?
Speaker 3: Any guesses just off the top, I got I got your text?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, it doesn't sound like that.
Speaker 1: Now, well, I'll give you ABCZ. It's one of these. Is it a ah, you're the best? B watch your back? See I heard it? Or d ah you rap bastard? Okay, it's one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was b watch your back? They think it's s I heard it.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: This is one of these cases where I go listen, Doorways Mag. You definitely captured something. I definitely believe that. I don't think that it says I heard it. Okay. Here's another one. This is from ghost Watch Paranormal and they recorded this at Uma State Territorial Prison in Yuma, Arizona. What's this one saying? Okay, now there is a huge, living human that doesn't at the end. We're now listening to that. Yes, it sounds like two voices to.
Speaker 2: Me, it does. Yeah, yeah, they're just gonnase.
Speaker 1: See. I think that they're there and they are trying to sell this off like it's one voice, one sentence or one statement.
Speaker 3: Oh, it feels like I can't hear the beginning, but then the last word sounds like control.
Speaker 1: Oh a Janet Jackson fan.
Speaker 2: So they can think about, Well, that's not what they thought. Okay.
Speaker 1: Which one of these did they think it was a another day in the hole? B? Your mom's a hoe. Okay, see you're a loser, please go should I didn't come up with a D? Wait? Do you like Edgar Allan Poe?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's D perfect.
Speaker 1: Which one of those?
Speaker 2: I think it's a.
Speaker 1: Another day in the hole?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is what they believe the hole, And I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it refers to solitary confinement the whole. Oh, they sometimes call it, oh lord, but it's I don't think it's the same. Is it the same voice. I mean, honestly, listen, nobody get weird about this, but this reminds me of going back to when I was in New York City drive throughs. That's me at the drive through. It's like, Hey, hang on one second.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what the ghost was doing, putting on a voice another.
Speaker 1: Day in the hole.
Speaker 2: Sorry you were listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so maybe it is the same person ghost.
Speaker 2: They're putting on their professional voice. And even in the afterlife, you have to put on your professional voice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you never know it's another day in the hole. Okay, let's do one last thing. Okay, I'm just gonna like throw out some.
Speaker 2: Unexplainable phenomena and I'm curious your take.
Speaker 1: Maybe I got something Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Love Bigfoot, Love Bigfoot, big fan of Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, yes, love Bigfoot. I I this guy. What's he doing up there? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like he's just out there, He's always giving a photograph, you know, he's walking around through the woods. Like but like, I feel like Bigfoot should be doing so much less. Like to our I Bigfoot, I would just be chilling, you know, I would be chilling, and I feel like he's out and about.
Speaker 1: I don't I get where you're coming from. For me, he's not out.
Speaker 2: You think he's not out enough.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do we get one good decent picture? Ever? And then every once in a while a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, we've been getting photos. There were some recently.
Speaker 3: There were some recent photos that I saw a Bigfoot and he was out there stomping around. Someone was like, look, there he is. I'm like, yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: You missed the spotlight. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: You came out, you missed the spotlight. You wanted people to pull out their new little cameras take some pictures of you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's interesting. Yeah, so you think it's one bigfoot?
Speaker 3: You know what, when you say it in that way, I do feel there could be more. There could be more. It could be a community. I mean it could be you know, is big Bigfit's Appalachia or is big Foot?
Speaker 1: Well the famous video was northern California.
Speaker 3: California, Okay, right, because I was gonna say, if Bigfoot's Appalachia, I feel like there's all kinds of bess coming out of there. You know, they got nothing but spookiness. I got on Apalachia TikTok, I said, how do I get out of here? Because Appalachia talk was like, oh, yeah, you cannot have your windows open at night, like you need to shut them. Spirits come in. They're talking about like driving through the mountain. They're like, don't drive through the mountains at night. There's like girls inside of their cars. The car starts going off, the alarm, star's going up, someone's in the woods yelling their names. I said, Oh, Appalachia's not for me. Avalachia's for me. For me, I don't need to drive through.
Speaker 2: I don't need to go. Those mountains are so old. They got those people inside.
Speaker 3: Of there anyways, they're living whole societies and they don't care what's happening here. They got their whole lives and transferring that to Bigfoot. I feel like there could be there could be plenty of them. There could be all kinds of bigfoots inside of the big feed. Yeah, big feeds out in the in the mountains, in the hills.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that is the thing that from my studies over the years, I have found that pretty much every state has their own Bigfoot of some sort, some kind of Sasasquatch Creek, sure up there. And the one thing that I always like to point out too and this conversation is that the famous video that we all know, the leading scientist and people studying believe that that is a woman big Foot because she has titties and ass wow wow, and she's sickening and her hair is Honestly, if you look at it again, her hair is shining.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yes, God is a woman, and so it was Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yes, So next one, UFOs, where are you at?
Speaker 3: I feel like sometimes I feel like UFOs are used to sort of not to be because there's theorist. But I'm like, sometimes I feel like they're being used to distract us, you know, like something else will be going on and they'll be like, oh, we have this footage, and I'm like, it's interesting the timing on some of this. But I don't believe we're in the universe alone. So and I don't think that we're the only people that.
Speaker 1: Have alved to like, well, the combat Family found that the hard way.
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, not the ads well French, you know whatever, It's okay, but I I, yeah, I feel like that there are extraterrestrial beings. I believe that, like, there is matter, I'm sure here somewhere, But sometimes I think that the way that they disperse information in terms of the government is like why now or why are you keeping some of this from us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that they've also kind of like released stuff on a busy news day like yes, uh.
Speaker 3: Huh, buried stuff, you know, or make stuff sound more sensational than it actually is to be like, oh, it's so crazy, but it's actually not and it's really normal, And I don't think it should feel so sensational because it is just like, oh, do you really believe that we would be in this massive galaxy all by ourselves and that there isn't some kind of entity outside that like it's smarter and maybe knows how.
Speaker 2: To get here, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to reclaim conspiracy theories because I feel like the crazy cuckoo right wing people have taken over conspiracy theories and they've made it not fun anymore, but like it can be fun, yes, Like what I feel like, there's all these conspiracy theories about like different singers, and like I don't know, every once in a while, I'll find myself on that side of TikTok, and that is fun for me.
Speaker 2: I'll entertain it. I will absolutely. I don't know that I believe it, but I'll listen, and you should I believe that.
Speaker 3: Well. I believe this for black folks, but maybe any people of color, but I believe specifically in America that you should be allowed to believe at least one conspiracy theory and not have to defend it for any reason, because enough has happened to black folks in this country where I'm like, you know what.
Speaker 2: You think that there's lizard people, I'm gonna let you keep that one. It's Tuskegee.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you keep that one because of the way they did birth control on black women early on. I'm gonna let you keep a couple because they have lied to us and so that creates distrust.
Speaker 2: And if you have one little crazy belief, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Let you keep it. Amen, Do you have one that you want to share?
Speaker 3: One that I used to And this isn't like a full unbelief. This is more just like I think it's funny, or just the evidence I thought was interesting was around evidence Stevie Wonder could see okay, because they had these videos of him like catching the mic really quick and like it stuff like that was like he's like he's like taking a photo of a wax Michael Jackson, and I think, really it's just him maybe trolling, but it's really.
Speaker 2: Funny to me. And I'm like, oh wait, maybe he can't.
Speaker 3: But you know what, it doesn't matter to me if you can see, if you can't see, I don't think he can't, but if you can hear, if you can't see, he's an incredible artist.
Speaker 2: And I respect that. And that's all that I want to go on the record saying that.
Speaker 1: Is it's so funny. Yeah yeah, and like people wave to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's also like what is the level like blindness is like kind of a I don't know what blind looks like, you know, because like I think the thing is like you always presume when people talk about blind is like pitch black, but it's not really necessarily that. Sometimes it's you know what I mean, Sometimes they're like seeing shapes and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, now I'm happy to be on the record and.
Speaker 1: Are heightened. Yes you know, yes, why not your sixth sense? Maybe yes you can also, I mean I'm sure that somebody like him who was born blind can after all those years, absolutely sense when someone's in the room for sure, not just by smelling them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can like feel a person. I mean, I guess like you you've sensed that even being able to see. But like, yeah, if you can imagine like not having that always, your spatial awareness would be really high. Okay, last one, Ouiji boards, no or I should say, I mean I I so I respect a Wiji board. I respected Wuigi board in so far as I don't feel I ever want to be near one. I've seen the movies, I've seen the little the videos.
Speaker 2: I've watched it.
Speaker 3: When they're doing all the littles, the triangling around together. I don't want to bring anything over. I don't want to bring anything in. I don't want to talk to anybody. I don't want to talk to y'all. I don't want to be friends with y'all. I don't want to I don't want to engage. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Bring someone into one of my friends.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Noluigi. There was a Wiji board that got brought out at a party. It was a very nice. It was actually it was. It was an intricate party. My friend is her my friend's birthday.
Speaker 3: Her boyfriend had played this big murder mystery party for her and had all these different little games. And at one point, and I should say, I'm from the South, I'm from Texas, and there's a lot of people who are from the South and also kind of grew up Christian were at this party. He brings out the Wigi board like this is the next part of the game. I kid you not about five stood up and walked into the house. We say, okay, y'all can do that, but we won't be doing it.
Speaker 1: We'll be good.
Speaker 2: And so many of us left that they were like, okay, we just won't do it.
Speaker 1: Then I guess damn.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm so sorry, not even for a joke. Can I be involved in that? But respect?
Speaker 1: That's very It's common. A lot of people feel that way. Yeah, this podcast. Over the years, because I've been doing this since twenty nineteen, I've had a wei geologist on this podcast well, who runs a Oiji board society and museum. I've spoken to a lot of people and I think the consensus is like movies definitely made a scared of them. And I think also years and years of kids doing it and then being like something just happened, or like whatever, someone's moving it to make it say damon or whatever. And I don't I don't deny that you could be opening doors that you don't know how to close. But I also think that it's the same thing as any of it, like going to a psychic, going ghost hunting, which you also don't do, which I don't blame you. Going to Appalachia, you know, that's all the same thing.
Speaker 3: If I'm going to Appalachia, I just want to let you know if you ever hear about me heading up to the mountains, no I'm about to die.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah something is incredibly wrong. Yes, and yeah you did not go on your own free will. But yeah, it's like I deal with people constantly that are like, that's evil, just like any of this stuff totally clips of me talking to ghosts or whatever, and I'm like maybe maybe, but like to me personally, I think it's exact same as the Internet and talking to strangers on the end or not. Sometimes you can get someone good, sometimes you're gonna get a demon. It can be just an innocent, nice thing but you can't control. It's the internet. You can't control who's going to come through. You can't control unless you unless you feel like you can. But I have my whole life been the exact same way as you. By the way, I don't play with the wigi boards. I'm just saying, Oh, this is what I've learned.
Speaker 3: This is No.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to plead a case. I'm not trying to plead a case.
Speaker 2: Because the way you were just talking, I was like, oh, you know what it's like. You're also not on the ouiji.
Speaker 1: I'm not on it because my nails and I don't like to put my nails like my nails are too long, and I can't put my fingers on it properly because my nails are plastic. So I can't like not using the nails, I can't properly.
Speaker 3: No, do it?
Speaker 1: No, because you have to be a to put a little enough of you on it, but not too much. Is that Is that a part of it? Yes, you're not supposed to put your fingers down like you're supposed to like kind of hover.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying. But the nails, the nails. Don't stop me. Don't blame. Don't blame what like the jel x. I don't know what you get, okay, jel Okay.
Speaker 1: It's the gel x. Yeah, that's why I can't play.
Speaker 2: You can't be blamed.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's why I can't be here, guys. That's why I have to go home.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I have to go home.
Speaker 3: It's it's my manicure, it's my nail. I can't do it because of my nails. Yeah, my nails will be pissed.
Speaker 1: With demons again.
Speaker 2: No, No, I I respect all of that, and I feel all that. I think.
Speaker 3: It's still like I'm gonna let whoever wants.
Speaker 2: To do this thing.
Speaker 1: It's like nobody says you have to do.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things in this life where I'm like, I'm not. I don't even jumping out of a plane, No, I why that to me is not something I am interested at all.
Speaker 2: No cave diving. You know people who swim in the caves.
Speaker 1: Never in a million years am I jumping in a cave.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even want to be in a cave, a regular.
Speaker 1: Aladdin, that thing closed in I'm not going down there. No, no, stuck in a cave. It's trapped with a genie hell doing impressions of people. No, I am not doing that.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you're gonna die.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or would you know the one The Descent that movie? No, no, no, no, it's this group of I'm assuming lesbians, but maybe not. It's a group of women that goes blunking, which that is a term when you jump into the caves. These ladies say no boys allowed, just as girls. We're gonna get our and we're gonna go splunking. And they splunk into this cave. Turns out there's some creatures in there that can't see them if they move. The creatures can only detect if they move, so they have to be completely still. And there's like these like naked mole rat looking creatures. It's terrifying. The Descent. Hey, you've been a great guest.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Can you tell people where to find you?
Speaker 2: Oh me?
Speaker 3: You know in Los Angeles you can find me all around. I'm zoom I'm zipping and zapping across this little city. But you know you can also follow me on Instagram. I am Rachel Pegram.
Speaker 1: Are you still doing your show at barco Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wednesdays. We're back Wednesdays at eight pm at Covel.
Speaker 1: It's a great show. Thank you. So people should absolutely go if you're in La Wednesday nights Barcoval.
Speaker 2: It's a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much. You want to go play with Echi Ai?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, another day in the hole?
Speaker 2: Oh, another day in the whole.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Rachel, and thank you for listening. As always, please check out my instagram at Roz Hernandez to see all of my tour dates. I'm working on all kinds of fun stuff coming up, and in the link tree you can also find my new YouTube channel subscribe. There's some spooky stuff coming all right. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey By, This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.