Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocuslaw dot com. Michayla is on the phone today for a first day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jason. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Mikayla, how long has it been since you heard from Jason.
Speaker 2: It's been two weeks.
Speaker 3: We had been like talking very regularly before that, so this is not common for us to go days without like.
Speaker 2: Talking like this.
Speaker 1: Did you try to talk to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean so I texted him after a date and he sent me a one word response and then nothing.
Speaker 2: I was like, how is your day? And he was like good, and I was like sick.
Speaker 3: That always feels like a middle finger, like after you asked me a question and all you get back is good.
Speaker 1: Well, how is the date?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Was the date good?
Speaker 2: Amazing?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it lasted for like ever.
Speaker 1: It lasted for. It was a long date, it was it was We.
Speaker 3: Did like a lot of different things, so we like we met the mall, which I at first I was like, this is a little weird, but it was because he'd coordinated with the pet store to let us play with the puppies.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Yes, they like never do that, but I guess he like knows the owner or the manager or something and so and I was like, oh, okay, So I felt very special and I got to play with the puppies and I love puppies, and so that was wonderful. And we just like cuddled with puppies and like talked for like the longest time, and yeah, and he is like so cute with the puppies. And then like we went to the cheesecake Factory, which is like one of my favorite because I just I'm like obsessed with the avocado egg rolls, like genuinely. Then like we were, you know, like we'd finished eating, and he was like, I really don't want like to say goodbye yet, like I'm not really ready for it to end. And he's like, I have a couple of like aaronst run O. We're at Target, like there's a few things I need to get, Like would you want.
Speaker 2: To go with me? Is that weird? And I was like, oh no, I would love to go with you. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you hit puppies the cheesecake factory in all day one day.
Speaker 2: Right, I was like, this is beautiful.
Speaker 3: I'm like you can tell a lot by beruson like what they get when they go to Target and like how they do the Target experience. And I was very impressed by like what he got, Like he was getting like method surface cleaner, so I like, obviously he likes to keep things really clean, and like that's important, you know, because like a lot of guys don't clean. And he bought toilet paper, you know, Like I was like, okay, so he feels comfortable around me, and he like he gets good toilet paper, which like a lot of guys I feel like, get really cheap, scratchy toilet paper, and you're like, I never want to go to the bathroom when I'm over at your house. And he got really nice, like very soft toilet paper, and so okay, okay, he takes care of himself.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: But then like after Target, it kind of felt like he was rushed. He was like, oh I really got back home. I really need my dog, which I totally understand, but then it kind of felt like he was like trying to get away from me, and he like he took me to my car that was back at the mall, but I just kind of felt like he was like like something changed and maybe he.
Speaker 2: Was like ready to, like I don't know, get out of there, which.
Speaker 3: Made me feel like maybe I did something wrong, like maybe I mess something up.
Speaker 2: Like I was kind of like ribbing him and.
Speaker 3: Like teasing him a bit, and like, you know, when we got back to the car, like I was kind of teasing him about the stoft toilet paper and it was kind of I was trying to be like flirty and cute and like joky, and I'm like worried that it like came across like demeaning or like weird or.
Speaker 1: Mean or well what did you say, like how did it become demeaning?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I was just like Sweety needs extra saft for his extra cute bumb bum.
Speaker 2: And I was trying to be cutesy, and I you know, sometimes I hit some sometimes miss the mark.
Speaker 3: And now I'm like and then that was kind of when he was like, yeah, I really need to get back you can.
Speaker 2: Check on my dog. And I was like, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but I don't feel like that more is like completely good. Yeah, like you know, obviously, I know. I we had so much funt for such a long time. I'm just like, Okay, so I said one stupid thing. I'm gonna say a lot of stupid things. There was the one stupid thing ruin it.
Speaker 1: We'll see if we can figure it out for you. We'll play a song come Back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, Okay, thank you, Okay, play song come back your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Mikayla is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Jason. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why is ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, MICHAELA, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Jason.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had an amazing date.
Speaker 3: We played with puppy, We had amazing avocado egg rolls at the FUSEEA factory, and then we went and wandered the streets or the streets the aisles of Target, and I mean, like it doesn't get better than that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and the only thing you can think of that he's not calling you back is because of what I.
Speaker 3: Teased him about his toilet paper selection, and I said that he needed extra soft toilet paper for his extra cute bumbum.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm saying this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to lose my mind. Yeah, I mean, you told him you had to extra cute bum bum. You should like that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: And then now I can't believe that I've had to repeat it for the world. I'm like, oh God, everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, maspeak to Jason please, Yeah, this is him. Hey Jason, how are you? My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Hi, Jason, the show's here. I'm Nina also on it. Fine, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 4: Hi. What can I do for you? Guys?
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I have not. But you know what, Actually, I have seen your clips on TikTok so I am love actually, but I've seen a couple of clips.
Speaker 1: That's dope. Okay, Well, congratulations you're on the show. We do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go out on a day with somebody and you end up ghosting them, that person can ask us to call you and ask why you're ghosting? So, are you ghosting anybody?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I sure we're listening. Going look, yeah, I am, I am. I'm ghosting a girl who is a she's a bit of a cleptough. So that's kind of the big crux of it, to be honest with ye.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you talking about MICHAELA? Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am, let me, let me just kind of explain. So we went to Target and she only had a purse, so you know, I saw what she was carrying, and she was right next to me the whole time. We got into the car, and she had this huge thing of orbit gum that she offered me and I said where did she get that from? And said, oh, I bought it. And I am absolutely positive she did not buy anything in the Target. I'm almost positive she she shoplifted. And I'm not cool with that because I mean, how do I know that you're not gonna, you know, give me like stolen goods for my birthday or something. You know. She she absolutely did. She absolutely took her with her, but it seemed because she didn't she didn't pay for it. She stood next to me when I checked out and walked out and me she said, oh, yeah, I bought it. I'm like, no, you didn't.
Speaker 2: She just took it.
Speaker 4: So listen, that was her explanation. And I don't like people that lie. I don't want people that shoplift. I think that's you know, weird at the sticking gum. So I don't know, maybe feel weird. And you know, I don't want to go on a day that.
Speaker 2: I can guarantee you that I did pay for that. Yes, yes I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's MICHAELA. She's actually on the phone listening and.
Speaker 4: Great, great, great, great. You know what, I'm actually I'm actually glad she's on the phone because I think that this will probably steer her away from, you know, a like of crime. This will probably make her maybe a little bit more embarrassed about, you know, her conduct. The first time you meet somebody, I'm kind of surprised you didn't make off with a puppy when we were you know, haying out.
Speaker 2: You should be embarrassed. By your conduct, you're just assuming that I stole it.
Speaker 3: But maybe you were just a little too busy paying attention to your fancies.
Speaker 2: Mans you toole at paper and bought some gum.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm not. You were attached with the hips to me basically the entire time, following me around like a poppy. Actually, so I did not see you go to a checkout.
Speaker 2: Or anything, you know what, Let me see it.
Speaker 3: Let me look sermon, I'm sure I have a receipt. I have the freaking app. So even if I don't have this physical copy, I know I.
Speaker 4: Will have it.
Speaker 2: It's the Target app.
Speaker 4: You know. It Actually will be better if you just admitted that you took it, because I think that it's at this point you're kind of just denying denying, and it's not really taking you any more feeling to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jason, Hello, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I found it, and I found the physical copy, so you don't think that I bought it on a different day if I send you the app.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna send you this right now. Your twit.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, guys, I'm I'm so devastated to call me a twit. I don't know how I'm ever going to recover from this real I don't know how I'm going to recover. She just call me a twit. Twit guys, you call me a twit that Yes, I've never called the two crazy.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm waiting, uh.
Speaker 1: Huh, you're gonna feel bad if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look a look.
Speaker 4: At your tech. Okay, well I guess I'm wrong. I do see it here?
Speaker 1: Does say that she bought it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah it does. But yeah, all right, well look I'm wrong, and when you're wrong, that you're wrong. So I am sorry about that. I really was convinced, obviously, because you know when you're when you're convinced, you stick to your convictions.
Speaker 1: Well why did you jump to that?
Speaker 4: You know because I really did not remember a single instance where she was not next to me, and I didn't remember seeing her pay for it, so the reasoning was there. So I am sorry. I was wrong totally.
Speaker 1: You don't think she's a thief? Now?
Speaker 4: I no, No.
Speaker 2: That was a little exciting.
Speaker 1: Jason. Would you like to go on another date with MICHAELA? Then we'll pay for it?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean yeah, no, I actually would, I actually would because you was very cute and like, yeah, I know, like I am like very sorry about that. Like, well, when I really believe something, I go in hard on it. And I was definitely a miss step by me.
Speaker 2: But I would like another chance because.
Speaker 4: I am sorry about that. And up until that thing kind of sent me down a rabbit hole, I was having a really nice time. I really enjoyed, you know, getting to know her and you know, go to Target and kind of just walk around and have a nice time and bop around with you know, puppies and whatnot. She probably told you about it, but we had a great time. I brought her to a pet store and uh, it was it was fun, and I would like, I would like to see her again. And I would be bummed if you know this was what ruined It's some stupid you.
Speaker 1: Know, jumping to like the worst case scenario. Okay, well, Mikayla, would you like to go on a date with him? Still?
Speaker 3: Uh, I would like to see him again because I did think he was really cool. But like, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt before you jump to conclusions and called them something like a thief like that is a very far week to make, especially the for somebody that you just met. So I am willing to give you a second chance if you are willing to be I don't know. I guess a little bit more open minded and give yeah, and give people.
Speaker 4: Great. Absolutely again, I really am sorry, and I really appreciate the second chap. I really did, actually, so thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Well you've got a second date. Congratulations Mikayla and Jason. You know she's not a thief.
Speaker 2: Now, yay? Oh good. Jule's first date fall up