Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Gattie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: If I had a major figure in the President of Torbott, he was often on these calls. He would pipe in to calls he was helping him make campaign decisions.
Speaker 4: Such interjections by Hunter were seen as inappropriate by White House staff. That's according to a new book twenty twenty four, How Trump Retook the White House and the Democrats Lost America.
Speaker 3: The President was very concerned about his son. It was one of the things that was an albatross on him as he tried to run for reelection.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know this book. Is this a new book that is out? Is this a real book? I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 5: A trio of pretty well thought of authors twenty twenty four, How Trump Pretook the White House and the Democross Democrats Lost America.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's got.
Speaker 5: Some pretty interesting tidbit Senate that I've heard including it really goes into how Hunter was ever present in campaign meetings, sometimes even like cabinet level meetings, although he never met with his cabinet but high level meetings where he'd be on the speaker phone weighing in and people would be like, why the hell is a Hunter on the phone yelling at me and telling me what to do?
Speaker 2: Like the President invited him in? Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, huh And was he at the easel at the time, Like.
Speaker 5: He's unleashing his masterpieces on the world. Yes, yes, I believe he was. Let's roll on Michael.
Speaker 4: In the spring of last year, Hunter was going through his handgun trial, reporting to the federal courthouse in Wilmington, Delaware. In a preview of the book provided to The Wall Street Journal, the authors revealed that Hunter expressed interest in the Democratic National Committee picking up his legal fees.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: Lawyers ultimately decided the President should not be involved in fundraising for Hunter and the DNS he could not justify picking up Hunter's tab. The previews say continues by claiming that in June of twenty twenty four, President Biden told a close friend that all he cared about was his son not being convicted Matt Jalters.
Speaker 5: Biden and Jill went to the White House Council and said, Hey, what about having the DNC pay Hunter's legal pills? And if that doesn't work, or even if it does, if I were like to do fundraisers for his legal pills, how old that look.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how it would look.
Speaker 5: All in the White House Council, to their credits said I'd stay away from that.
Speaker 2: Wow. So that's interesting. As an old man with dementia who'd lost several children, his number one focus was keeping Hunter out of jail and having him not be bankrupt. That's interesting. Yeah, final short clip from Alexandria Hoff.
Speaker 4: This book comes as co author Tyler Pager post page one of an alleged six page memo from President biden senior advisors urging him to participate in a bait with then candidate Trump. Quote as early as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, go ahead. I was just going to say.
Speaker 5: Biden's White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zience, coordinated video call with key Biden staffers, including a bunch of others that you've heard of, to discuss whether Biden should provide an on camera statement to the Supreme Court's July twenty twenty four decision. While Donlin already had drafted a written statement, Biden wanted to speak about the matter on camera. The book claimed staffers on the call started to hash out the specifics. When Biden's son started to chime in on the call. Suddenly, an ununidentified voice piped up from Biden's screen and recommended an Oval Office address. At first, some aids had no idea who's speaking. It soon became clear the voice belonged to Hunter. Biden to the White House staff had not known was on the call, and several people expressed concern about that plan about using the Oval Office for a speech. Hunter snapped back, this is one of the most consequential decisions Supreme Court has ever made, said his father, out every right to use the powerful imagery of the Oval Office to deliver the message. They later settled on a different plan. But everybody who's walking around grumblin, who the hell is heay? I Hunter yelling at us.
Speaker 2: I'll bet Hunter and or Jill were in all these meetings because they knew that at any given moment, Joe wasn't capable of speaking up for himself or wasn't paying attention. That's why they were there. I want to hear one more thing here about this book, and then I've got an interesting historical note about why we shouldn't believe anything we hear about any president. But this is Byron York of the Washington Examiner, who's read the book.
Speaker 6: Biden was known as a senator as kind of a walking gaff machine. So that was a reputation he.
Speaker 2: Had for a long time.
Speaker 6: And yet anybody who looks at Joe Biden, video of Joe Biden, for example, when he became the vice president of the United States with Barack Obama in two thousand and nine and when they were re elected in twenty twelve, look at those videos and look at him even in the twenty twenty campaign, and certainly by the last year of his presidency in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, there was a remarkable decline.
Speaker 2: Everybody could say it Will Trod, that's Will Trod ground. I thought that was going to be. So there is a section of the book where there was a joke among the staffers about how many times did he claim today that he flew with Jijingping? Oh boy, because of his never ending stories that he would tell no matter how many times they were debunked by various newspapers. God, so the historical note, and this is the thing I really wanted to talk about was. I'm reading this new World War two book by this guy last named Tall Toll, and for some reason, I had missed this trilogy that came out in the two thousand, very very highly respected trilogy about the Pacific War. I'm reading the third one first. I skipped the first two because we're coming up on you know how we just did the eightieth anniversary of the end of the war in Europe. We're coming up on the eightieth anniversary of the end of the war war with the finally beating the Japanese. Reading this book and it's so damn good and interesting. I mean, even as a guy's taken in so much World War two stuff, this is a fantastic book. But all this stuff about FDR that i'd never heard before. And I talked last week or before vacation a little bit about like I didn't know. When FDR decided to run for a third term, the press turned on him hard all across the country. You know, he's so FDR is so held up in high esteem now by all historians of the media. Is like the the the the gold standard of what a president should be. But man, he's a godhead of the left in the middle of his four term, you know, four terms, he won election, the press turned on him hard. Two thirds of papers across of America didn't endorse him when he ran for the third time, so it's like, what are you doing? And then when he decided to run for a fourth term, it was met with like you've got to be freaking kidding by the press. And FDR had such a bad relationship with the press as he decided to run for that fourth term. There's a quote in there. I should have written it down, but it was something like he wasn't talking to anybody anymore. It was Biden esk. He just would not talk to the press. He stopped having press conferences, he stopped answering questions. And somebody brought that up to him, and he said, to me, the First Amendment is one of the most overrated things in world history or something like that, FDR said. But on the health, which really gets to the Joe Biden thing, he had just been diagnosed with the congestive heart failure, which at that time there was no way to cure or treat, and you were going to live like a year maybe, and a doctor knew that, but he had a different doctor, a White House doctor, as presidents do, not the physician who diagnosed him whatever, but as all presidents do. The White House doctor went out actually said how biden esque is this? Actually said he's Franklin Roosevelt is in better shape than when he ran in thirty three. That's what the doctors told America, and the media who were close enough to have some idea, were like, what is going on here? Wow? My point being, We've done this a bunch of times and you just can't trust anything that comes out of power. Power will lie and lie and lie if it serves them to stay in office.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, yeah, And I love the fact that you said power, because that's what it's all about. To hold onto the reins of power or to gain them, people will do and say anything.
Speaker 2: And they justified it with people convincing themselves the same way with Joe Biden. Well, you know he's got dementia and he shouldn't be in the job. But the alternative is Trump. So as a good American, I'm gonna keep biting office. They did the same thing with FDR with the idea he's the only man that can finish this war, and you know, keep the alliance together. So it's important for me as a patriot to lie about his health and everything. And so you just convince yourself and you go along with it. It doesn't have anything to do with You've got the coolest job in the world as the you know, Secretary of State or chief of staff or whatever it is, and you would lose that job if you came out and we're off. Honest, No, it's all because you're a good patriot. You convince yourself of that. Yeah, yep, troubling democracy doesn't work. No, but why we have to relearn the lesson over and over again that power will lie just endlessly. I don't know.
Speaker 5: You're dealing with very very smart people who craft very very attractive lives.
Speaker 2: Well, the other side of it, the flip coin. The flip side of the coin, though, is the people in power realize these details won't come out for decades and it won't matter then right, right, Yes, let's do whatever we want. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I have a handful of really interesting stories about the final days of the Biden administration, including somebody who ought to go to jail, but it'll probably just go away.
Speaker 2: A complete side note, and this is narrow casting. The stuff about Douglas MacArthur and what a phony build up of his image was just so America would have a hero to worship is really interesting and another thing we should all watch out for when that sort of thing can occur. Sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I said, We've had really interesting discussions through the years, at least they were to me about secrecy in warfare and propaganda in warfare. Yeah, and how a lot of it is not entirely honest, but it's necessary.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm not. That's a slope where the footing isn't real good. No, it's not. And as a quote in Eisenhower in the book about America needed a hero and the media created one for them. He couldn't stand MacArthur, thought he was a complete phoney. But you know, so maybe America didn't need to hurt a hero to worship or whatever. But my point being, you get lied to all time, right, yeah, agreed? Coming up gender bending Madness Update, New Hope addition, and don't you dare get a Brazilian butt lift until you hear about the disgusting side effect that is very common. What do you think I was doing on vacation? The reason I took that extra day. Oh no, you know, I noticed you're a little perk here back there, So fake explains the using horrible, disgusting side effect. That's all the waist they here. Over the weekend, the rapper known as four Extra lost two fingers in a fireworks accident. He's now changed his name to three Left. The good news is he's no longer throwing up gang signs.
Speaker 5: You know, I saw that first punchline coming, but I enjoyed it a lot. Three Left and get it and be capable of fireworks, kids, gender manning, madness uptake coming up next segment, But first, a handful of consumer oriented stories that I found intriguing and or amusing. A Wall Street Journal reporting vanity sizing is forcing petit women into kids' clothes, changing styles, and the supersizing of apparel is pushing shoppers to unusual lengths to find something that fits. And the subheadline is so much glitter, Yeah you better like sparkles. Yeah, the petit women who have been forced to go for children's sizes because the American girth has been increasing.
Speaker 2: More on that in a moment. But everybody knows this right.
Speaker 5: The apparel industry for years has been employing vanity sizing, making clothes larger and larger while keeping the sizes the same, making matters worse for slender shoppers. Is a current fashioned woman in which oversized looks are in vogue. The result clothes so big that slender people are swimming in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's true. With young people, they're all wearing super giant, baggy clothes.
Speaker 5: This Gallow's five to fives try petque clothing, but because those fits are designed for shorter people, the shirt sleeves stop above her wrists and the jeans don't even graze her ankles. Children's clothes fit better, but the styles aren't sophisticated. Too many flowers and so much glitter. Final note on this, The average American woman weighs about one hundred and seventy pounds, which is thirty pounds more than she did in nineteen sixty. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, average is one seventy That is correct? Is that average or median? Because if there's like one fifty thousand pound woman that's trus it's like the Bill Gates walks into a bar thing right, your net worth, your average networth et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Bill Gates could walk into a bar and change the average in net worth if fifty thousand pound woman is not going to roll into the bar or probably the buffet. No, oh my, that was insensitive up thousand pounds.
Speaker 5: She needs some tough talk. Look at yourself when you hit thirty thousand. Didn't you think you know?
Speaker 2: I gotta change something. It's Katie, this is terrible. There's something terribly wrong here. Because the average height for a woman is five to three. So if we're averaging at one seventy, that seems pretty portly. Yeah, yeah, I don't think that that sounds high to me. That sounds really you arguing with the name National Center for Health Statistics. I guess I am, but that just that sounds high to me. There's a lot more to get to, Okay. The Brazilian butt lift surgery is a procedure that enhances the size and shape of someone's rear end through a fat transfer. Don't I know what, I've had two of them.
Speaker 5: It's often consented the dangerous procedure by experts since there's a possibility of death, infection, and more. I would restructure that sentence. Once you have death. Infection is kind of irrelevant, right, but more the more. But this popular and freaking stupid surgery. Do you seriously think having a bigger butt is going to materially change your life?
Speaker 2: It's for the better. It's for bigger or higher a lift. It's it's both. I'd like mine higher. It makes it not only higher.
Speaker 5: Not only is BBL surgery risky, there's one bizarre, rather gross side effect that comes along that the potential patients should consider. It's called the BBL smell and it is real. So this doctor, what uh? There's often a smell expected for BBL patients after sweating or sitting for long periods, an aggressive.
Speaker 2: Scent because I'm guessing because you have crevasses. No, no, uh.
Speaker 5: There are tissue death, which is a BBL complication, and unhygienic habits that could cause someone with BBBL to have a smelly be hunt.
Speaker 2: This is the worst thing ever done by a lot. Yeah, I am issuing an important warning to people who might fall prey to this insidious procedure. If a patient was quote overfilled with fat during the procedure, fat necrosis, which is when faty tissue in the butt dies, can occur as a result of RADSID smell develops. Well, yeah, I imagine you smell like a dead body.
Speaker 5: Yes, infections that need antibiotics, hospitalizations, and even that lead to sepsis.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, this has been a treat, Thanks Joe. What is that coloni you're wearing? Black plague? Who is that dead raccoon? No, that's my BBL surgery gone wrang, I'm telling you, ladies. Oh beautiful owaar right, God, you gotta wear the kids clothes and you smell like a dead body, and.
Speaker 5: Things are going well for you. Gender bending Madness Good News edition.
Speaker 2: Coming up next. If you can't stick around, subscribe to the.
Speaker 1: Podcast Are Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: It is the overwhelming majority of us, especially those competing at the elite level, are of the mindset that it's wrong.
Speaker 4: It's unfair, it's regressive, it's harmful to have.
Speaker 2: Men in our sports and men in our locker rooms.
Speaker 5: The Great Riley Gaines hero fighting against gender bending madness.
Speaker 2: It's time for an update. There's Hope edition.
Speaker 7: So I kept hearing about this thing called.
Speaker 2: The loco. We're a brave world. No, I like that thing. At the end, it reminds you of being in South Beach, Man, was there a lot of uh Pride Month going on in South Beach in Key West? Although when you live in northern California, didn't see any different than a normal day. Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I suppose so. So some gender banning madness updates for you. First of all, the Supreme Court has announced it will take up the blockbuster case on transgender athletes joining girls teams.
Speaker 2: That means boys boys. I'm going to really confuse this.
Speaker 5: There's a great piece I read recently about how confusing it is to everybody. And you've expressed this the whole a transgender man and everybody's like, I can't remember which.
Speaker 2: Thing ye is? Right? Yeah? Exactly, Well and interestingly enough to me not to get off on this for too long a time, but to say, a transgender woman that is conceding that that is a woman and you shouldn't because that person is not.
Speaker 5: I'm for saying a dude, a transgender dude, that is a dude who's trying to appear as come off as present as a woman.
Speaker 2: But again, that would further confuse it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the Supreme Court is going to review Idahoes and West Virginia's bands on transgender athletes joining female sports teams. Again, that's dudes, just weeks after the Court's conservative majority upheld Tennessee's ban on puberty blockers and hormone therapies and cruel experiments on Milne.
Speaker 2: Very different topics though, so I'd be interesting to see. So they're going to take it up next year, I disagree.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean, clearly they're different, although they all come back to the same question. Is radical gender theory supportable by any scientific measure or any reasonable measure.
Speaker 2: It's the idea that you can choose whether you're a man or a woman. Man getting a fire. I can't believe it's taken this long. We're going to get a final ruling from the Supreme Court, I hope on whether or not dudes can be in girls' sports. That would And like I know, like I've said before, I think a lot of the people who out loud are claiming they're all for this will love the Supreme Court to weigh one way or the other and it just be over. They don't have to worry about it anymore. If you had brought this up ten years ago, it would be like saying, yeah, the Supreme courts can to rule on whether gravity generally pulls objects towards the earthwame whether dogs can vote. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, The USA Today, which I'm quoting intentionally because it is hilariously idiotically left wing, says more than half states have passed laws preventing transgender athletes from competing on female sports teams.
Speaker 2: That's because they're dudes.
Speaker 5: They've passed laws preventing dudes from competing on female sports teams, saying they're trying to prevent competitive advantages. The laws don't take into account someone's athletic ability or how far they are in transgtioning to another gender. That's because you can't. And because they're dudes is why they're they're fellas.
Speaker 2: So how big a deal do you think this will be as a Supreme Court case? Will this be like huge huge? You think like gay marriage huge or well, no, partly because this is a fairly small number of people, and it's more calling bulls on a ridiculous, radical fringe theory that nobody believed except in the outer reaches of academia until very very recently. Well I don't know the question said.
Speaker 5: They were so vicious about it, they got miles beyond anywhere they should have.
Speaker 2: I don't know the specific situation they're looking at, and as often happens with the Supreme Court, they could gain end up with a very narrow ruling that applies only to that situation.
Speaker 5: Right right, So we gave short shrift to the announcement by the University of Pennsylvania the other day, as the editors of the National Review put it, a blow to trans insanity, a victory for common sense. What a difference a couple of years in a new administration make A University of Pennsylvania issued a statement last week announcing it would comply with the Trump administration's title line policies and single sex sports in a signal victory for common sense women's sports and the administration. According to the press release from the Department of Education, the school will adopt quote biology based definitions of male and female.
Speaker 2: As if there are any other definitions.
Speaker 5: To ensure the integrity of single sex teams and facilities like locker rooms, the university must also try to make amends. It will restore to female swimmers all individual records, titles, or recognitions previously given to male athletes, and it must send a personalized apology letter to the impacted female swimmers, sorry about There's no need folks to ever go beyond male and female in this discussion.
Speaker 2: On personal letter of apology, sorry about that signed the college. In other words, it was a near total capitulation by an institution that was at the forefront of the trans insanity in sports.
Speaker 5: About three years ago. They get into the details of Leah Thomas Oh the presidents of the university president's letter. While Penn's policies during the twenty one to twenty two swim season were in accordance with NCA eligibility rules at the time, we acknowledge that some student athletes were disadvantaged by these rules.
Speaker 2: You think we will wreck denies.
Speaker 5: This and apologize to those who experienced a competitive disadvantage or experienced anxiety because of the policies in effect at the time.
Speaker 2: Anxiety, Yeah, that's what I suffer from. Anxiety because as a nineteen year old girl, I got to see a giant dude's wang when I'm changing clothes and then get whooped up on in the pool after spending my whole life trying to become an elite woman swimmer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as the National Review editors right. Of course, competitive disadvantage is a euphemism for discrimination, denial of opportunity, and stolen awards, while experienced anxiety is a slighting way to put the normal reaction of female athletes forced to share locker rooms with males. The university repeats the same tired verbiage about committing quote being committed to fostering a community that is welcoming, inclusive, and open all students, faculty, and staff.
Speaker 2: Not too long ago, in the name of.
Speaker 5: These ideals, the school reservedly supported Thomas well, ignoring his female teammates. I would cribble that they actually browbeat them and bullied them. In twenty twenty one, Penn Athletics shamelessly boasted that Thomas Quote delivered another record breaking performance at an event.
Speaker 2: This is a six foot four inch.
Speaker 5: Man, and Quote won the race by nearly seven seconds and her time was the fastest in the country. Yeah, of course he did. We noted at the time that Thomas was an average swimmer for the men's swimming division. Nonetheless, than twenty twenty two, the university.
Speaker 2: Nominated Dude Thomas for the NCAA Woman of the Year Award. Wow, A dude and again the women were browbeaten and bullied and threatened with losing their scholarships and the rest of it. Three years ago.
Speaker 5: Moving along now that they're no longer afraid for their scholarships and social pressure and that sort of thing, all of Leah Thomas's so called teammates are coming out and saying, thank god Monica Brazinska around Lea. I wasn't going to risk anything. She just ended up changing in other places, left the locker room at her inconvenience. As a season dragged on, she became less and less comfortable, just avoided it. A couple other of the teammates are quoted here as saying it was bizarre. It was like a surreal thing happening, because they would say, this is a guy, and they would be.
Speaker 2: Yelled at that's a woman. You're a bigot if you say otherwise. Wow, it had to be surreal, like you couldn't believe it was.
Speaker 5: Happening, right right, and then you know, I'm looking at you know. It's mostly good news these days. But Slate dot com, the liberal news outlet, says U Penn's capitulation of the Trump administration is disgraceful. Wow, and this writer, this Julie Kleegman, goes into the extremely rare existence of folks with ambiguous gentalia, internal testicles, xx y chromosomes, that sort of thing, and says, because those people exist, a big, hulking dude who just says, yeah, I'm a woman now ought to be allowed to dominate powerlifting. It is a very strange argument. And I feel for somebody who's like, lives for athletics and it turns.
Speaker 2: Out they are a woman but.
Speaker 5: Have internal testicles and especially high levels of those are vary of testosterone. Those are very rare cases, but it's troubling. I feel for those gals. It's got to be confusing and disconcerting. And then the final note, the state of cal Unicornia has announced officially they will not submit to the Justice Department's Title nine complaint, and California will spend tens of millions of taxpayer dollars fighting to let boys continue to compete on girls teams. If they've got a little eyeshadow on, way to go, California. Way to stand up for what's good and right. It's gender bending madness.
Speaker 2: So California is gonna fight that until the Supreme Court rules, and then that will be a rallying cry for an election about vote for Gavin Newsom for president whoever, because Hill appoints Supreme Justice Superpreme Court justices that will overturn this madness. Right.
Speaker 5: The strategy being that that hardcore radical, very small percentage of Americans that believes boys ought to be able to be on girls teams if they throw on a little eyeshadow, and that's again, it's shrinking all the time. The idea being that that hardcore will get you the nomination, and then you tack.
Speaker 2: Toward the center, like he did pathetically on Charlie kirkch podcast.
Speaker 5: I just on a pure strategic level, never mind what's saying and what's right and what's good. I don't even think it makes sense on that level.
Speaker 2: Some AI, somebody who was using AI to sound like Marco Rubio and actually was able to talk to foreign diplomats. No, which is a three foreign ministers, a US governor, and a member of Congress as fake AI Marco Rubio. We'll get to that story later. That's a good one. Among other things.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, Alick Scooper, all right, Daddy gang and cuffs fans, are you ready, you've never seen.
Speaker 2: Something like this before. A one hun two on three were two of all.
Speaker 7: To the Crown, Cray good jack, appropriate booing, drag her onto the field, drag her all the starter.
Speaker 2: So she's from that podcast Call Me Daddy. She's from the famous call Me Daddy podcast that was an attempt to uh, you know, get what she got played on our radio show in lots of different places for getting attention. The reason people were booing was not that the you know, singing is bad. You're you're taking something that people like and is a tradition and he came with your kids of the game and you're mocking it basically right for your attention for your career. Yeah, you're you're you're mocking what we're all here to enjoy. Yeah, So that is a very booable offense. Yeah, in my opinion. Speaking of sports, mentioned briefly yesterday, the WNBA has a weird problem with their professional sports league that I don't think any professional sports league has ever had their most popular player, maybe their best player, but their most popular player by far is hated by the other players. So they did the All Star voting in fan voting, Caitlin Clark who the league president said is the most popular athlete in America and might very well be. Caitlin Clark set a new record, beating last year's record by just dominant number of votes to be on the All Star team. The media voted her in third, the player's ninth among guards. I believe so in the ninth guard. So wow. The players don't dig it. And Caitlin Clark in terms of her effect on the league, merchandise sales have risen six hundred percent all merchandise sales since she entered the WNBA. She's responsible for almost thirty percent of all WNBA economic activity by yourself and ratings for games and blah blah, blah blah. She's the best thing that ever happened to that sport by far right right, and the other players either resent it or I don't know exactly what's going on there.
Speaker 5: Well, you've got the racial thing going on, and it's not coincidental or not unimportant that we're talking about a league full of young women who tend to be wildly left political and really into the grievance thing and grievance studies and racializing everything. And there's the sexual thing too, Caitlin is straight in a league that's dominated by lesbian players, and so yeah, they hate her, and in every other league of any other sport around the planet they think. You know, I'm not you know, I'm kind of bothered by this, but man, it's a gravy train. So we'll just say pleasant things and move on with our lives. But no, because they're young women and they're so political they can't restrain themselves. Seems odd to me that you just don't.
Speaker 2: Like either respect her game as somebody who has dedicated your life to it, and like think, wow, this is great. People are watching us more than they ever have. We got packed stadiums, we got we're getting on TV channels we've never gotten on before. This is fantastic, great example of how ideology makes people into fools. They are way more into.
Speaker 5: Their cult than their own success or the success of their league.
Speaker 2: But that's not a lot of fun if you're Caitlin Clark. Uh no to to know so many of the players resent you that way. I mean, it's one thing that you know, the rivalries of we hate you know, the other guy on the other team, their star player. That's different though you know that they hate you because you're so good. Uh, you know, it's a competitive thing, and you kind of like that, you like being the villain. But when then when they like personally dislike you because you're straight or white or whatever, that's got to be very hurtful.
Speaker 5: It is hurtful, Jack, but not as hurtful as spot fixing. Do you know about spot fixing? My classic Joe Getty transition?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what spot fixing is.
Speaker 5: Spot Fixing has been scandalizing sports all over the planet, and now it's come to America with the computerized sports betting. It's one of the most pernicious forms of corruption of sports that's ever been witnessed. And like the murder hornet or what was that, the latest killer be to invade our shores, it is now here. And they begin this story with Cleveland pitchers. Cleveland Guardians pitcher Luis Ortiz began the third inning of his recent outing by throwing a slider in the dirt ball one, no problem. He's thrown more than fifty hundred pitches this season. The third of them have been balls out of the strike zone. There's no reason to think twice about one that slipped. But within the gambling industry. Alarms were blaring. You can bet on will the first pitch of the inning be a ball or a strike from this pitcher? Or this you know, will this batter do? There are never ending lists of propositions, and a betting integrity firm, which is a thing, had identified unusual wagering activity on that specific pitch being a ball. And there was another first pitch of an inning that Arties threw that you couldn't have hit with two bats nailed together, it was so far outside. There was unusual activity on that pitch being a ball.
Speaker 2: With the insinuation that he's in on the deal in somehow profiting he.
Speaker 5: Is now what is suspended a non what do they call it? A non disciplinary leave while they investigate the matter. Digital tiny parts of games that nobody would notice are being fixed by players now all over the world for profit.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. We got to talk more about that. If you miss a segment or now, or get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty