Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at the stocks on the move today, Ampass when alongside Isabelle Leeam were joined by our old friend Anna Ragrana, senior tech anast to Bloomberg Intelligence, Honor. A lot of news is going to be coming our way from your tech space. I'm going to start with Microsoft. Can you give us a summary of UPDATEA. What's happening with this software cyber breach here? Doesn't seem to be impacting the stock that much? What's Microsoft saying? If anything?
Speaker 4: I think the news is out and frankly, you know, apart from the one big breach last year where Crowdstride really got heard, these breaches typically don't have that big on an impact on the stock, frankly because you know, it's a small portion of the one particular application, and you know, I think the news story is far bigger than what it has an impact on the stock. In fact, if anything, people will be more inclined to buy Microsoft security products to protect themselves down the road. They would be more inclined to move more workloads to the cloud to make sure that the you know, the online version of the software was not impacted. So if you know, it just sells by itself, some of the security products and these beaches obviously not a good headline for the company, but you know, these things do happen quite a bit.
Speaker 1: How is the cloud business looking like these days? I feel like it's one of the main drivers of growth through many companies, from Amazon to Microsoft as we're talking about to most of the big tech giants. Is it competition becoming more fierce than is there a leader emerging in this space?
Speaker 4: See, the leader was always Aws, but frankly speaking, over the last two years, Microsoft has really narrowed the gap because of its open Ai relationship. They're the only company who's really seeing the biggest benefit of you know, all the searchers we're doing in chat GPT because open Ai runs primarily on Microsoft's cloud network. So when they report next week, we are expecting a big number coming out of that AI contribution. So Microsoft, I think, is the bigger benefitiary right now amongst all the bigger vendors.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting, is it worth investors ranking kind of who are the big cloud players? Who are the big AI players? Is it worth it or is it better just to say, you know, AI is going to kind of be all over the tech stack and then I just got to be long tech. How do you think about really getting quality exposure to that theme.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you look at cloud, I think all of the top four vendors will flourish and flourish well when that would be Aws, Microsoft, Google and then Oracle after that, so all four will make a lot of money. Then you want to dissect each one of them. Within this group, Microsoft is the one that's seeing the current derect benefit and that's because of opening. The other two whether it's Amazon or Google will start to see more and more revenue flow in because of the applications people are building on their cloud platform. And then lastly on the Oracle side, they are benefiting in another part of cloud, which is more on the infrastructure side where they're getting a lot of money or you know, future funding from open Ai to create their data centers to help train the bottle. So each one is slightly different, but I would say as as you mentioned, the total basket you know should do well over time.
Speaker 1: You cover tech and next week is a big week for those companies and beyond tech. Bmots are expected to deliver nearly fifteen percent of profit growth and robust demand for AI, and that's compared to the virtually no growth for the rest of the four hundred and nine or three stocks. Are you watching anything and a specific company you're excited about and you mentioned you're looking at cloud, But is there anything else that is factoring in your outlook?
Speaker 4: So there can be two elements of it. One is the cloud, the AI side of spending, and the non AI side of spending what we saw from SAP and infoss and then you know taught all a couple of weeks ago, so that the non AI tech spending is under pressure. People are not spending as much because they are not sure how the tariff related uncertainty is just playing out, so they're seeing a delay in closing, closing of deals and everything around it. But on the AI side, we anticipate strong results from Microsoft, for example, So that's there the two dichotomy over there between the two vendors. The third thing that we are watching is actually what happens on the margin side of things because a lot of these companies are investing very heavily in AI. Because of that, their margins are going to get squeezed. And for that, what we think is going to happen is they're going to take reduction in force, either through not hiding at the same pace that they have been or basically laying off a portion of their workforce in order to counter some of that pressure. So those are the three themes that we are most interested in right now.
Speaker 3: An Agrana absolutely, thank you appreciate an Orana Tech Analysts Bloomberg Intelligence an Agrana mandep seing. Those are our two senior tech analysts. They manage our global technology research effort. For Bloomberg Intelligence, we have close to I think twenty analysts covering technology on a global basis, a lot based in Asia, based in the US, and based in Europe. And that's the way you have to cover at Folks. Tech is an all encompasing sector. It's the biggest part of the SMP five hundred and you have to the complete coverage, and we do on.
Speaker 2: A global basis.
Speaker 3: I think the best tech research on the street with the best data helping them to inform their research.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.