Speaker 1: I am all in. Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's get a little business out of the way. I'm going to be appearing at the Motor City Comic Con taking place in Detroit, Michigan, the week end of November ten through twelve, twenty twenty three. I think it's a little bit outside the city, but come and see me there. MotorCity Comic Con November ten through twelve, twenty twenty three. Also a Galaxy Con Columbus December two and three, twenty twenty three. Hope to see everybody there. Let's have some fun pop culture Season five, episode twenty two, House is not a Home. I am joined by my intrepid crew and an international broadcast. By the way, I am in Nova Scotia. We have Tara Suit in Calabasas, California, way of Danielle Romo, Santa Monica, California. We have Amy Sugarman representing Lake Tahoe, California, via San Francisco, California. We are worldwide, Baby Worldwide and expanding out into the outer reaches of the galaxy. Larele I talking to the policeman at the prison laurle I did not want her to be attacked, you know, like in Caged Heat or was it Switchblades Sisters. Caged Heat is also known as Renegade Girls. It is a nineteen seventy four women in Prison film where women inmates Juanita Brown, Erica Gavin fight a warden Barber Steele and her psychosurgical behavior modification. Switchblade Sisters is a nineteen seventy five American exploitation action film detailing the lives of high school aged Fear Email gang members. And I cannot think of a category that is more that didn't age at all. Well, this would be it, and I the gold medal.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with these films at all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean women in prison films were huge.
Speaker 3: Pieces of cinema that I never saw. Wait, can I do the next one? I've been excited about this. Okay, Lorelei is still talking to the policeman at the prison, which I'd be more inclined to think she's in a jail, because I don't think you'd go right to prison.
Speaker 1: I think, no, she's in a jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's in so Laura Lai says, I was just wondering is Rory in the system now, because I just remember when Sipowitz's son accidentally got arrested because he looked like a drug dealer. Sipowitz was freaked out that the sun was going to wind up in the system. Laura is referring to the character Andy Sippowitz on the TV series NYPD Blue. NYPD Blue is an American police procedural television series set in New York City, exploring the struggles of the fifth fifteenth Precinct Detective Squad in Manhattan. So wait, Sipple Wits was? Why?
Speaker 1: Who I think he was? I think he was Michael day Luise.
Speaker 3: No, Wits was played David day Luise.
Speaker 1: Who was it? I thought it was.
Speaker 3: You're thinking of twenty one Jump Street NYPD Blue cast. I know that Jimmy Smith's was in there.
Speaker 1: David Caruso was it?
Speaker 3: Max Perlick, No, it's the main Dennis Bronz, No.
Speaker 1: I know, he I know, But he said, who played his son? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were just talking about who played.
Speaker 1: His son since his son exodised Michael Luise.
Speaker 3: You might be right, Okay, hold on, it could be all right. Former child actor Austin Major's best known for his role as the son of Dennis Bronz's detective Sippowits no when he died.
Speaker 1: Oh god boy, were we wrong about that one?
Speaker 3: But can you name all the people that played the partner Jimmy Smith's car.
Speaker 1: David Caruso, Yes, I was, I was up for I was up for that role.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I was up for the Crusoe role. But everybody knew Cruse. Everybody knew that was like in the final group, knew that Crusoe was going to get it.
Speaker 3: Mark Paul Gossler Television's Zach from Saved by the Bell.
Speaker 1: Yes he was. Yes, he did take over the role.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean good stuff, guys, good stuff, good stuff. Yeah, Danielle, you're going next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go next. So Colin and Finn are talking about Rory and Logan, and Colin says, yes, Maxwell Smart finally found his ninety nine. So Colin is referring to the.
Speaker 1: Main care my boyhood crush Barbara pel Ancient nine.
Speaker 4: So Colin is referring to the main character Maxwell's Smart from the TV series Get Smart. Get Smart is an American comedy television series parroting the secret agent genre and despite being the top secret government agent. Maxwell is absurdly clumsy, gets smart is also resourceful.
Speaker 1: Best best comedy ever made.
Speaker 3: I need to try and watch it because I've never seen one episode.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, hands down, Don Adams the best comedic performance by an actor in the history of television.
Speaker 3: Wait, Get Smart. It literally went out of my head already.
Speaker 1: It was smart It gets Smart. It's classic. It is a bumbling he's like a he's like an inspector Cluso and who did you love? Panther series? But he's an American version.
Speaker 3: He loved Barbara Feldon.
Speaker 1: She played Agent ninety nine opposite Maxwell Smart It I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You've got to watch some of these.
Speaker 3: From the Love Boat was on it.
Speaker 1: It was just genius.
Speaker 3: That was was Get Smart? Who was the main dude?
Speaker 1: Don Adams?
Speaker 3: Don Adams? Okay, god god, yeah, Oh there he is Don Adams.
Speaker 1: I have missed it by that much. I love this guy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah you guys didn't see that.
Speaker 3: No, the next one we are familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll happily do this one.
Speaker 2: This is Lorlai telling Rory about the bike race, and Lourai says, Taylor is really excited, maybe Cheryl Crow will come.
Speaker 3: On the replay. When I watched it, I did not get it at all. I was like, what, but now yeah, okay, now I'm like, of course.
Speaker 2: So. Cheryl Crow is an American musician, singer, and songwriter. Her music incorporates elements of rock, pop, country, folk, and blues. And Loralai is making this reference because Cheryl Crowe was dating professional cyclist Lance Armstrong in two thousand and five. In August two thousand and five, shell Crow and Lance Armstrong got engaged. After two years of dating and six months in two thousand and six later they ended their engagement.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that's a good long run they had there in Hollywood. They lasted six months engage. That's talk about a lifetime.
Speaker 4: You just like, wouldn't see them two together.
Speaker 3: They were cute when they were on Oprah. But I wonder what went wrong.
Speaker 1: I think they were she wouldn't restring his he wouldn't restring her guitars, and she dumped him. I wonder, and she and she wouldn't blow up his bicycle tires.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it was that.
Speaker 2: All I can think because it came down to those two things was that just me.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Was that around the time when all those live strong bracelets, yes around.
Speaker 3: God and everyone had those.
Speaker 2: I had, I had one in Pinka had one yet the yellow Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I think they were on Oprah. And look there's like that's kind of like a picture there.
Speaker 4: You wonder like where all those bracelets are now.
Speaker 1: They're in the ocean somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, destroying the environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're in Wales bellies. I'll tell you. They probably after six months looked at each other and said, listen, I didn't sign up for growing old together.
Speaker 3: Old love though. When they were in love, they.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah it was. It was so special, the love that it could only last a certain amount of time.
Speaker 3: She knows how to rock a vest I love her fashion.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, did you know songwriting and bike riding you have to sit on your butt most of the time doing that. They had a lot. They actually had a lot in comments Taylor asking Laurrela to move her car. Now, Lurlai, if it's easy, then anyone could do it. And I am a Maverick Taylor. Look what Jane Fonda had throat. Jane Fonda is an American actress and activist. Recognized as a film Fonda grew to fame and comedic rolls, but later established herself as a serious action You.
Speaker 3: Don't care for her, what I do?
Speaker 1: I like wining. Winning Academy awards for her include nineteen seventy one and Coming Home nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Not on Golden Pond. I guess her dad won it for on Golden Pond.
Speaker 1: Right, and Taylor says this because Jane Fonda is a powerful and influential person.
Speaker 3: What was the one that you where she was Jennifer Lopez's like Monster in Law? Was it called Monster in Law?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, yes, go Michael.
Speaker 3: But I loved her on the Grayson Frankie. That was such a good show. It went on for a while, right, yeah, Oh, I'm getting kind of a boring one. Rory saying that mitcham Hunsberger told her that she doesn't have what it takes to be a journalist. It who is he? Louis B. Mayor. Louis B. Mayor was one of the first Hollywood movie moguls and arguably the most powerful. After running a successful chain of movie theaters, Mayor founded his own production company in nineteen seventeen. In nineteen twenty four, it merged with two other companies, becoming Metro Goldwyn Mayor. Oh never knew that MGM became the industry's most prestigious movie studio, accumulating the largest concentration of leading writers, directors, and stars. Laura Lai is saying that Mitcham doesn't have the power to say whether or someone has what it takes or not.
Speaker 1: But I tell you all right.
Speaker 4: Rory asked Lorlaia how long she will joke about her arrest, and Laura Lai says twenty to live. Time off for a well paced Tom size More wizenator joke?
Speaker 1: What's a wizenator?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Who're about to find out?
Speaker 4: Guys, we're about to find out. I'm sorry for Tom size More was an American actor best known for his work in films like Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down. In two thousand and five, he was jailed for violating terms of his probation from the domestic abuse and meth convictions by failing a drug yeurine test when he was caught trying to use an aesthetic penis device called wisinator.
Speaker 3: I think the result I did not see that one going. He passed away.
Speaker 1: That's that's quite a legacy. That is quite a legacy. He was a hell of an actor though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was sad.
Speaker 1: You know, not not all actors there elevators go all the way to the top. But he was. He was one hell of an actor. You know. He had some substance abuse issues and the hell of a guy, hell of an actor, I know him. Rest in peace, buddy, Laura, I tells who's next? Sorry, you can go. You go, dead people.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go in order of any kind.
Speaker 1: All right, So what is this saying?
Speaker 3: We're all here?
Speaker 1: It's like the graveyard version of pop culture. Is Robert Blake kicked it? Right?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, I think so, But I'm going to look up for sure while you read.
Speaker 1: I think he Yeah, I think he passed away too. All right, Laura, I tells Rory she is looking for a lawyer, Laural I listen. Later today, I'm going to try and track us down a lawyer. I thought i'd call that guy who got Robert Blake off. What's his name? Houdini. Robert Blake was in an American Prolific Golden Globe, an Emmy Award winning actor best known for starring in the film In Cold Blood? Did you guys see in Cold Blood?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But do you want to know something weird? I don't want to interrupt you. I'll let you keep going. But Tom Sizemore died in March of twenty twenty three. Robert Blake died in March of twenty twenty three, and they're both in this episode together.
Speaker 1: That is a compel stat and the television series Burretta Robert was remember Barretta? Yeah, you know Barretta is as the manufacturer of an Italian semi automatic pistol.
Speaker 3: Was that what the show was about?
Speaker 1: No, he was named Bretta. Oh so he was an Italian styled pistol. I don't know. Yes, that's what a Bretta is. He was arrested for the murder of his wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley. After the murder, weper was found as a pistol, Robert owned he was.
Speaker 3: What's weird is I sort of had this memory of them having dinner at this restaurant in Mermay right before and I can't remember what it's called, but I remember every time I drove by it, I was like, oh, no.
Speaker 1: He was adamant that he had not killed his wife, and a jury ultimately acquitted him, but a simple jury found him libel for her death and ordered him to pay Bakeley's family thirty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Judgment was in jail.
Speaker 1: I thought he did too. He didn't, he didn't know. Maybe he was detained for a time.
Speaker 3: And then the restaurant for those worrying questioning him, the restaurant for those wondering.
Speaker 1: Was he skipped out on that check too?
Speaker 3: The teller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a judgment which sent him into bankruptcy. Yeah, well, hello, I think it would. Uh. Harry Houdini was in a let's let's talk about somebody who's truly alive. Harry Houdini was an American escape artist, illusionist, and stunt performer noted for his escape Yes. I think Harry Hoodini died when somebody punched him in the stomach or something like. He escaped all these Yeah, somebody he challenged somebody to hit him in the stomach, and they did, and he died.
Speaker 3: I have a little for you. Blake was denied bond and remained in Men's Central Jail in la mostly in isolation, in the same cell o J. Simpson had occupied when he was there. He was finally granted bail in March twenty three at five million, and he remained under house arrest while awaiting trial.
Speaker 1: And guess who posted the bond?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Yes? No, no, No, Jane Fonda and Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 3: No, none of that happened.
Speaker 1: No, that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, none of that happened. But I want to tell you how Harry Houdini died.
Speaker 1: I got punched in the stomach?
Speaker 3: Right when? And how did Harry who Deini die? In the days before antibiotics, perioonitis was basically a death sentence. Who Deini lived for six days, dying early in the afternoon in nineteen twenty six. Cause of death was periotonitis, the result of a burst. Appendix.
Speaker 1: So it feels that you were because somebody punched him in the stomach.
Speaker 3: Is that right? I don't know that part, but it seems like you might be right.
Speaker 1: Somebody he challenged somebody to because he had he was very fit.
Speaker 3: He was appendix. Yeah, interesting, Loralai. Looking at the products sent from Mike Armstrong, apparently you put this on before you get on a plane and by the time you get off, you're Dakota Fanning. Dakota Fanning is an American actress. She rose to prominence at the age of seven for her performance as Lucy in the drama film I Am Sam Sean Penn movie. She went on to star in films such as Man on Fire, Uptown Girls, and more recently, The Equalizer three. He also was in War of the Worlds.
Speaker 1: With Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Uptown Girls and Dakota Fanning's sister is el Fanning and they're both Sorr, you've gotten skipped. Why don't you go all right?
Speaker 2: Laurai is telling Rory that Logan's family does not want her to marry him. Laurai says, I mean his whole family looks at you and sees Anna Nicole Smith and they tell you that's your face.
Speaker 1: But he thinks you're swell.
Speaker 3: And wants to pay for the honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Anna Nicole Smith was an American model, actress, and television personality who started her career as a playboy. Bunny Smith married eighty nine year old billionaire Jay Howard Marshall in nineteen ninety four, who died the following year. Her marriage resulted in speculation that she married him for money.
Speaker 1: Which she denied. No, come on, and that was a beautiful relationship based on mutual respect and Laura like difference was about seventy years. But I mean that two people have never been better matched. I mean, come on, guys, yeah, no, they were. They were hair made, they were made for each other.
Speaker 3: Remember the great controversy who was the father of the daughters that everybody was like, it's so and so, No, it's so and so.
Speaker 1: How was nuts right? But she was true. She was true to that guy, j Harold Marshall. She loved him with every five me.
Speaker 3: We don't know. Scott is so caustic today. I love it.
Speaker 2: Just to wrap this up, or like compares Anakole Smith's rory because Logan's family is very wealthy and very powerful.
Speaker 3: I'll take the next one because I'm excited for it.
Speaker 4: Missus Kim asked to see the bands songs, and missus Kim says, oh please, Prince made fifty seven million take home last year.
Speaker 1: Dead person and every person is anybody alive?
Speaker 3: That were literally I was just gonna say that, That's why.
Speaker 1: I'm a pop culture I get it some people, but it's like every.
Speaker 3: Single everyone in this one. I know, it's kind ready one.
Speaker 4: If you live under rock and you need me to tell you who Prince is. He was an American singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer Purple Rain.
Speaker 1: And It was also a member of the Alphabet. He was an exclamation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then he became like a symbol that he was like a symboler. Your favorite Prince song?
Speaker 2: Everybody go little little Red Corvette, raspberry good one, you know curple.
Speaker 4: All of these of colors in them. By the way, did you know.
Speaker 3: Let's go Crazy when Doves Cry? Nothing Compares to You is a Prince song?
Speaker 1: Oh that is a Prince song. That's probably my favorite Prince song.
Speaker 2: I do know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she yes.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand. If you saw Prince perform live, I saw I heard festival and I saw him just on tour when he was like in the round and he did little Red Corvette acoustic on a chair in the chair kind of like turn so clod I forgot he was at the iHeart Festival. What year was that it came out? In collapse, like twenty thirteen, What did you collapse?
Speaker 2: He did a song so he he wasn't like on the line that he was like a surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with somebody who was it, Danielle to find out, actually get the poster in my house. He's definitely on that thing. Mary J.
Speaker 4: Blige twenty twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: So Rad Scott, you want me to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is this person alive? Lane? Lane convincing the guys to go on tour. Lane. I know it's not perfect because it's not the Festival Express, but it could be really great. What do you say? Festival Express is okay, so that's alive, but oh god, the Festival Express it is, including Grateful Dead, They're old Dead, Janis Joplin's Dead, the Band Buddy Guy, Flying Burrito, Brothers Ied and Sylvia's Great Speckled Bird, Mountain and I Remember Mountain and Delaney and Bonnie and French. Festival Express is two thousand documentary two thousand and three documentary film the nineteen seventy train tour of the same name across Canada, taken by some of North America's most popular rock bands, including Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin.
Speaker 3: I just named the less I have the I'll do the last one.
Speaker 1: Pa please please?
Speaker 3: Also, oh my god, Lane convincing the guys to go on tour. Well, jeez, Dorothy if Tin man and Lion are going to go. I guess I have to go too. He pulls himself up like the scarecrow. Zach is referencing the characters from the nineteen thirty nine musical fantasy film The Wizard of Oz. The four characters are an iconic group, and it's a common comparison in pop culture. And I don't want to be wrong, but I think every actor from that film has died. I don't even think any of the Munchkins are alive.
Speaker 1: You know who's alive. Let me tell you who's alive. Who Barbara Felton, my boyhood crush.
Speaker 3: That's so wonderful. She is alive.
Speaker 1: She's alive.
Speaker 3: Are any yes Munchkins as alive? And I don't think they are. It's so sad. One of the last living Munchkins reflects from her home in Sonoma, and that was in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not that long ago.
Speaker 3: Though now she was eighty eight. She could still be alive. Duchkins are still alive where.
Speaker 1: She was best friends with Barbara Feldon, Betty.
Speaker 3: And Cain Bruno. Let's see if she's still alive. We're gonna find out. Oh no, oh no, oh no.
Speaker 2: No, no, July thirtieth three, like a minute ago.
Speaker 3: She literally died a month ago. Oh I am sorry to hear that. Oh my gosh. Bruno lived in California was married to Craig Schneiner, a former KTVU photographer. That's where my first job was. Oh my gosh, what a day of pop culture.
Speaker 1: Boil boy, oyl boil boil boy.
Speaker 3: How do we turn this around to end it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what do you want to do? You want to hold hands in sand.
Speaker 3: I'll be grateful that we are alive, and then maybe we go watch a Get Smart marathon and listen to Princes for a bike ride. Right, thinking of Lance Armstrong and while we're singing, every day.
Speaker 1: Is exactly exactly, exactly just and we could we could all do like workout.
Speaker 3: Tape Armstrong going Strong, so you could.
Speaker 1: Do it all. Yeah, could play in the background. Well that look, that's we'll talk about cheery, uplifting podcasting. We have achieved the ultimate Next episode, Season six, Episode one, New and improved Lorelei.
Speaker 3: It makes me think of Scott's I am all in.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.