Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for comedo Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. We're halfway there. We're living on a prayer. It's NFL Draft Eve. I'm NFL Draft Steve, and I'm your sad Nets fan, Rich Davis. I'm wearing camouflage today, so then no one sees me my sorrys Mets fandom. Somebody get a bag for this guy's nogging. He should be hiding in shade. Is our bag in the kitchen? I'll I don't wear a bag on my head. And the whole show you should and everyone needs to watch at Covino and Rich FSR. Hold on going for thirteen in row today? Can I just do something real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, boo.
Speaker 1: To Devin Williams. That's soft ass. But can I give a little hip hipper rang to Lebron Lebron and let's rock out. We're gonna talk Lebron. We're gonna talk a bunch of NBA Playoffs, NFL Draft tomorrow. And I do have to touch on my sorry ass Mets a little later in the show because Juan Soto, I don't know how this is possible. He made it worse. Yeah yeah, and don't be talking about it. You gotta get it out. It works, you gotta get it out. And I find it fascinating, I really do. I think it's one of the bigger stories in sports. And another thing, another reason why I like sports, why I love sports is just when you think you saw it all, look at his dude catching one hundred and seven mile per hour ball in his jersey. Dude on the Mariners, look at that Now that counts as an out obviously because it doesn't touch the ground. So the dude pitching. I saw that on my walk in just now. Gilbert the picture on the Mariners, Jolbert's on the hill for the Mariners. Wasn't it what he hold on? Damn by oh way, you gotta be kidding me. I'm serious, hold sun it out.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on ruled an infield single.
Speaker 3: That's bs, dude. I know we covered this during Stu Gotts. If you catch your hat or in a in your shirt doesn't count as as well.
Speaker 1: I know a catcher can't take his face mask off and block the ball, because sometimes they accidentally do that. It's like bro past. You know they counted as a give the run of the base, But I was unaware of that. To me, that's uh, I never hit the ground. Remember in the eighties, of ball got stuck at a glove and it was on the all the highlight reels and through the glove to first base. That was always one. Remember, uh, the old Kevin Mitchell, the old highlight of I remember Kevin Mitchell. I remember Kevin Mitchell. Duk did that? Is that what you're talking about? I was, I was gonna say, uh, Kevin Mitchell. There was rumors he cut a cat's head off, but that's a different story. Bare handed, but that's allowed obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we were thinking. The hand.
Speaker 1: I was, I was gonna say, down the third base line, remember the guy was blowing a foul. He got down on all fours. And now it was eventually deemed like you can't do that. Oh man, I mean, I guess it makes sense, Dan, and that's the rule. But I automatically assume that it's now because he caught it, just thought it.
Speaker 4: Well to be honest with you, like I was along with you guys. And then and Jason Store pointed it out that all of a sudden, the A's have runners on every base. It's like, wait a second here, how did that happen?
Speaker 1: And you know what, Dan Vir, I like to pride myself on knowing silly rules like that, knowing silly rules, I've never seen it anytime on Instagram. You ever see those things like you make the call and the comments were all idiots that don't know the rules, like these morons, Well, that's what's cool. So I was about to say I would have got this wrong. There's so many times you think you've seen it all. But for as much baseball as I've watched in my lifetime, I've never seen a comeback or at a picture at one hundred and seven miles per hour. He gets dude, did you say? He's like, he's like, where did it go? It's in his shirt and it hit him so it went inside his jersey. Counts as a single didn't know. And I was like, what was that other thing recently that we saw and we had never seen? Oh, Joe Adell robbing three home runs in one game, you know, so, and Cavinis a speculating he always when you've never seen when you're that far over the fence, I'm like, you, dude, you could your boy Derek Jeter jumped into foul territory. One of the most famous plays. So wasn't me, it was It was so everybody online social media. A lot of people were speculating, like, how was that still now if he went over the fence with the ball? So anyway, crazy crazy play. Dan Byer, thanks for breaking it down.
Speaker 4: There are rules that are different from college football to the NFL. Yeah, then I think a lot of us will be like, oh, that's the rule in college and this in the NFL. This almost feels like it's a crossover of baseball and football.
Speaker 2: Like the ball didn't hit the ground, it's a catch. It's a completely catch.
Speaker 1: And I thought, and you know what, I know, when the ball goes off a mitt or a glove hits the wall, then it's obviously that's an obvious one. But this to me was like on his person, so it was a little tricky. Yeah, interesting though, man, So that just happened mariners A's and of course we got more baseball to talk when we get to your mets, Rich, but we got to give props where they're due. I hope you had a with the rules though. Dan Buyer's right. Every would you say, Dan, every five years, we're good for a rookie wide receiver not getting touched and dropping the ball because he forgets the.
Speaker 4: Rules different Yeah, yes, every five years, you're good for one turnover. And every season we'll have someone drop the ball before the goal line. Actually it was like every four weeks last year in the NFL.
Speaker 3: It felt like, no doubt, guys, I'm more likely to catch my belt loop on like a drawer knob than that guy is to catch that ball in his shirt. And that actually happens pretty regularly where I am trying to walk through like a doorway and I catch my belt loop on something, and then a whole drawer gets pulled out and all the silver wagoes spilling over the floor.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's funny, dude, that's Iowa Sam. He's on the ones and twos. Danny G is on the phones eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We're Covino and Rich Dan Meyer, Danny G. Thank you guys for hanging out with us, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember if you miss any of today's show, any show ever, catched a podcast for free. Wherever you stream your podcast, search Covino and Rich, follow, rate and review, and remember you could watch the show. Watch what you hear right now and it's it's a great time to watch because we've got Mike who runs this take Mike stopping by. Plus we got Midweek Major, the biggest stories in sports and pop culture. We decide are they midwek or major. We do it every Wednesday. And after the show, get this. Oh, this is a fun one to get you all fired up for the NFL Draft tomorrow. We have Brett Michaels of Poison because he's performing, he's opening it up. He's welcoming everybody to Pittsburgh tomorrow, everybody except for Nanda Mendoza. He's going to be on over promised our bonus pod right after this, talking about it and talking about his excitement and the vibe out there in Pittsburgh. So join us with Brett Michaels. He's like a sports super fan. So and we'll go over our best draft moments. He'll be doing the opening ceremonies with whiz Khalifa. So what a combo Brett Michael's of whis Kalifa. So again that's on over promise. Now before we start with Lebron, could just get out of the way because I looked at my inbox. Do you know how many people? Well, hey, that that's where the runaval. Plus you checked your email? Yeah, I didn't know you not my corporate email to get into Rich doesn't know how to get in to his Fox Sports Radio email.
Speaker 2: No, not that one. He checked his AOL mail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're Yahoo by the way. Yeah, you're the only guy I know a Yahoo. You know I started a Gmail. I don't want to give you the address on the air, but I started eat a Gmail recently in case I felt embarrassed using my yahu. You should feel embarrassed. But what are you talking about? Social media inbox? Social media inboxes? TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, you name it? Do you not? Many people hit me up with the old school sesame Street twelve. I mean I love that back in the day pop quiz though for the Fox Sports Radio Nation. I know, you know because we talked about it already. You know who sings that song. It's a mind blaster from Sesame Street. We all remember it. The pinball going around one, two, three, four five, Who sings? I feel like Dan Byer's got a guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, I just love the song.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: By the way, Brett Michaels is performing Friday, not tomorrow. He'll be doing a big show.
Speaker 2: Duh, that's Greg Brady.
Speaker 1: Nope, it is the Pointer Sisters. Yeah, is that Pointer Sisters sing that jam? And yeah, the Mets of twelve twelve in a row going for thirteen tonight. But as I was about to say, hope you had a seventy six Ers Trailblazers, both teams tied it up, tied at one. Now Lakers sort of night, which is mind blasting that the Lakers have taken two series over. I heard Nick Wright say it if they win two series over two games to none over the Rockets, even with Durant who played well in the beginning but then was double teamed and shut down and all props in glory to Lebron. Dude, Like, whatever he's doing with this cast of characters is I don't even know if you want to switch that up. Danny g it's working.
Speaker 6: I mean the home crowd by the way, I mean, yeah, Lebron starred last night, but Luke Kunar is a great second fiddle right now.
Speaker 2: They were giving him. Yeah, they were.
Speaker 6: They were chanting MVP at one point when he was at the free throw line, kind of you know, in jest, but it was they.
Speaker 1: Were also a chance to chant the MVP when when Devin Williams was taken out of the game. Yeah, but Canard's playing big. Lebron had twenty eight points, eight rebound, seven assists, and the game before remember Magic Johnson era thirteen assists, the guys just dishing the ball, scoring where he has to, and that reverse dunk really was like, yeah, it was like you kidding me.
Speaker 6: It was a reverse windmill dunk that everybody was, you know, including Lebron. After the game, they talked to him about it, He's like, I don't know, like it just it was insane. He flashed back to Lebron ten years ago. And you know what's crazy is that going into this matchup, we were like, does Lebron have one more flex in him?
Speaker 1: You know, can he keep the Lakers afloat until the game. Now, this discuss that feels possible right now. It really does, and they win one on one ninety four. But Dany g correct me if I'm wrong, because you know you're on the NBA all the time. It didn't feel like it never felt like they were going to lose that game or it was going to be close. I felt like they were in control of that game most of the game.
Speaker 2: The most of the game.
Speaker 6: Towards halftime, they had a fifteen point lead. That then the Rockets came back in and they got it down to like three points, and at that point I was like, Okay, we got to come out and focus on defense in the second half.
Speaker 1: But the confident about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after halftime, the Lakers extended the lead to six seven and they kept it right around there for the rest of the game. You got to give jj Reddick a lot of credit in this series so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not necessarily the Island of Misfit Toys, but Lebron is playing with, you know, some guys that would not necessarily be in a starting lineup.
Speaker 6: No, Cannard's not going to get all these shots when Luca or Reefs comes back. Eighton's not going to get to touch the ball. The way he has. And Marcus Smart, who mostly is a defender once in a while will have a great offensive game. He's been a amazing in the past two games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know we always know that the phrase, you know, father Time is undefeated. But I'll tell you this, Lebron James, he's going twelve rounds with Father Time, like he's going the distance, like speed. The fact that he is playing like this at his age, it's fun to watch it is. I get it, No one beats Father Time, but like, is this like a fifteen year round heavyweight fight from back of the day, Like Lebron James is fighting aging like I've never seen any athlete in my life. I'm trying to figure out too well. People are saying he's not even missing a step, you know, and he's changing his game up and it's working. But I'm trying to figure out when they're interviewing him, when you're seeing him in the locker room, like is he believing because it's that one game at a time mentality and he's playing the I don't know a humble card right, just doing what they got to do and step up. Does he really believe that they could win it? Does Is he really buying into that? Is that where his head's at, because it's amazing to see, well realistically right when you're a guy that's been there, done that as much as Lebron, right champion chips with three organizations, so Lebron knows what it takes. So you could either convince yourself or you do know the pedigree makeup you need to get there. So I can't tell what he's really thinking, man, but it feels a little. It's the same but different because you like, he's he's running this right now.
Speaker 2: There's a wild stat.
Speaker 6: I send it to you guys because I'm superstitious with my sports.
Speaker 2: I don't want to jinx it. But if you could read that.
Speaker 1: Stat stand by yeah, I just send it to the Lebron James here. Lebron has never lost a playoff series after going up two. Oh his playoff series record when he's up two oh twenty.
Speaker 2: Four and oh, hang on, knock on fake wood twenty.
Speaker 1: Four and oh so that's big man, And like Rich said, he's given Father Time a run for his money. So who's gonna hate on that? And to see him and Durant go at it, that's that's must watch TV. And what did Steve Harvey tellis that yeah, father times undefeated, but there's honor in the fight, and there's a lot of honor in what Lebron's doing. And again with these players, no less.
Speaker 6: I am a little worried about KD back at home in Houston because if you heard him after the game, he was beyond frustrated and he's like, I need to touch the ball more, I need to shoot over some of these double teams. I gotta be better. So it wouldn't surprise me if KD comes out on fire and Game three.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was last night.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: When you said Steve Harvey, I was thinking he also didn't you also tell you a thick mustache provides credibility?
Speaker 2: Yes? He did.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm pretty sure it was it Steve Harvey. You know that Steve Harvey told us for real, multiple streams of income. Yeah, he's like, you guys got to be you hear me, multiple streams of income? Well no, he's like, listen, well his theory was and it's obvious. Dad. He let us in the soul and he grabbed us by his shirt. He's like, I'm tall, I'm telling you multiple streams of income. That's the secret to life, because that way, no, he has control of it. He's like, if he goes, you know, if he's doing radio, family feud, TV shows, hosting all this, he goes, if one person, no one person could ever treat you badly because you could just tell him to beat it because you have other things going on. I'll never forget it. He really did, and he lives it. He obviously walks that talk so and then in a remarkable moment, he pulled one mustache hair out. He put it in Covino's hand. Close Covino's hand. He goes, move along, Sun, and I still got it. It's crazy till this day and.
Speaker 2: Make a wish.
Speaker 1: I know I got it. I got good luck. I got it at home. It's crazy. It's my jewelry box, all right. So anyway that Cavino's a Guido from Jersey. He has a jewelry box. You know how you know I'm a Guido from Jersey. I have two jewelry boxes. Jewelry box. What are you my mom?
Speaker 2: Travel?
Speaker 1: Do you have a travel jewelry Absolutely? I do, yeah, trout watch one too. I can see a little watch box. But Cavino has a jewelry box. Jewelry boxes, I do chains and watches and all kinds of Is that no change?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, this is perfect timing. Look at the clock. We have exactly four minutes. That means Rich, you have four minutes to discuss your mets.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's Danny g said, he's putting the Aaron Rodgers timer on you with your Mets, meaning go on. Talking about Aaron Rodgers gets tiresome. So let's hear it all right, fine, vent vent hit me with the twelve song again, Sam. Let me get in the mindset of why I hate my team right now the venting machine with Rich Davis twelve losses in a row. I'm a fool. We as Met fans are fools. Rich believe me? You what a rich believe? I'm a moron. I am such a moron. You can isolate that clip use it forever. I'm a moron from believing David Stearns was gonna fix this. Is that your Harvey Levin I'm a lawyer, I'm a moron. I'm a moron because I thought Ah Peter a lonzo. Yeah, maybe you know his war and defensive first base. They let a Mets local hero go the heart. He's the heart of the team.
Speaker 7: Heart.
Speaker 1: Let's and go Mets. Edwin was your closer, he was your backbone and trumpets and the asas was like the soul and the fun locker room guy. You let all the guys that made the Mets the Mets go. A guy that would sprint down to first base on a walk, a guy that you know played with and still does play with a lot of enthusiasm. He's ripping right now for the Rangers brand the Nemo. So I brainwashed myself as a moronic Met fan to think we let Peter Alonzo go. Oh Brandon Neimo? Who needs them? By the way, you didn't like him. He was a good contact, he got on base. Rubbish rubbish okay, Nimmo McNeil, mc nimo, Alonso and DZ. Mets fans were rainwashed by David Stearns and Steve Cohen, who said, you know, in the first five years of me owning this team, expect a couple of World series. How about like sniffing the playoffs? You fool. The Mets had a three nothing lead yesterday and they blew it because Devin Williams and I say this respectfully.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He plays like a little leaguer that gets rattled, and once he gets rattled, he wears it on his person like his body language is terrible. He starts pouting. And you can't throw strikes when you're visibly and noticeably pouting. When the people in the stands are more invested and excited than you are on the field, there's a major problem. And I saw that with the Yankees. You know what, look at you? You take them. You can't even let me vent you take a no Yankee, my little vent Emilia, go ahead, continue voting. Didn't take up on Soto well because you cut me off, because you have to make it about the Yankees. Hey, dude, stop projecting just because you're met at your mets. Stop beyond at me, you big baby. Danny said, I can vented by my mets. You cut me off and somehow tie it back to the I'm I'm adding to the fun.
Speaker 8: Stop yelling at me?
Speaker 1: Do you hear yourself? Why don't you talk about how Wan Soto? You know what? Hey, why don't you stick to your own vent? I can't wait till the Yankees start sucking and never sucked. This band dude, because they're not the Mets. I I'm a moron for thinking that a washed up, cooked Marcus Simeon, Paulonko and a rookie that like happing nowhere Met fans were supposed to be go oh yeah, benj we were putting three of the nine guys on the field that aren't ready or cooked. Terrible. How about your boy Bobashett, who's supposed to be so good with runners in the story, is the only I I do believe though Boba Schett was the only good signing. He's having a rough start, But Boba shed that was That was to me, the only moment where I'm like, okay, I like him, but I mean like chic. But that's not gonna last. The other ones are toast. You could tell when someone like Boba yet didn't all of a sudden become suck. Marcus Simeon sucked the last couple of years. Polanco every year get a little worse and worse. Did I think these guys are gonna have like career bounce back years? Get out of here me I speak on behalf of all Mets fans. We were fools that believed David Stearns and Steve Cohen and here we are twelve games deep, and tonight you thought yesterday Nolan McLain against the Twins' worst picture. Oh, it's a guarantee it gets even funnier. Guys, this is like a comedy show. I'm surprised I'm not introducing Chappelle or Bill Burr. Get this tonight. Clay Holmes, who has the best era on the Mets, and he's really been bringing it right great in the World Baseball Classic, Clay Holmes against a rookie pitcher who are a boss said, I don't even know how to pronounce a guy's name. He's never even sniffed the big league. I'm saying he's making his debut, a guy making his debut in the bigs against Clay Holmes. Could the Mets lose thirteen in a row? And here's the thing we're gonna get to next, I'm done venting. Connor pre Lip makes his debut for the Twins today. He's gonna I said, nobody's gonna do six score Land's watch it. And by the way, the story gets worse. They're going for thirteen losses in a row. And you gotta remember it's been over twenty years since we've seen this with the Mets. But this is a team that's supposed to be one of the best, one of the highest payrolls. They're superstars on this team. It shouldn't fall on one person. But Lon Soto returns tonight, and that's also part of the update and story here. Get dish. Yeah, it gets worse to quote Timmy no bricks get this when asked, Hey, Wan Soda CC like, I'd imagine you know you're the team leader that has a seven hundred million dollar plus contract. Yeah, something like that. Yeah, you know up for me during this miserable stretch. I'd imagine you've been really there for a shoulder to lean on for your teammates. Listen to this ridiculous piece of audio and tell me this one to make you want to throw up in your mouth.
Speaker 9: Have you been talking to guys throround and trying to gauge where they're at and try to lift them as we go along here?
Speaker 8: No, in at all, not at all, man. They've been on the road most of the time, so I haven't talked to them.
Speaker 1: Have you been talking to your teammates during this losing streak to lift them No, not at all, not at all. They've been on the road most of the time, so I haven't talked to them. That's pathetic. Can I make something clear? I play Men's Adult Rex softball. You guys make fun of me. I love doing it. There's guys I know, like my buddy Torch, he had to have knee surgery. He still comes to the field just to say, what's up to the guys. I have a kid on my little league team, my ponyball team. He broke his arm on the playground. Every other game, him and his dad stop by just to say hi to the kids and be part of it. This is the face of your franchise, and during a twelve game losing streak, he hasn't talked to his teammates. Well, part of the story was, don't ever expect one Soda to take like a leadership role, because that's not who he is. Even though people gravitate toward him, He's not that guy. But you would think he spoke to his teammates. I mean, that's the least he could do now making all that money. Are we gonna get to the point where he admits he's like, can I go back to the yunkies. Please, can I please go back to the junkies. I feel like I made a mistake. I mean, if he's not feeling that now, I would blame him. It's really bad. And that's the update. Well, here's the question that I want to post to the Fox Sports Radio Nation. We'll take your phone calls on the on the other side. And he really looked like he didn't give a Diddley scar. It looked like he didn't give a rats ass. Look at this video one Sodo on your own time. The apathy, the apathy in his eyes. No, there are a bunch of losers. You know what it was. I told you the worst thing the met fans ever saw was one Sodo in the World Baseball Classic. It was like it was like watching watching a guy all his glory and then realizing us to go home to like his old ass wife or something like. Now, it's like when your wife gets all dressed up, she looks fine on a hot date night, but most of the time she's in her yoga pants. Want Soto's in his yoga pants permanently, permanently. Here's my question to we know he's hot when he wants to be. Here's my question to you, do you find it as unacceptable as I do that Wan Soto hasn't talked to his teammates during this twelve game losing streak. Your thoughts. Next Fox Sports Radio, we got Midweek Major with Sam. We got Mike's words of wisdom, Mike's runs this take. We got all that coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio. When production levels change, you need a work force that flexes to match. Having a new GM for the Mets I voice cracked like Peter Brady there. Having the right staff to meet productivity isn't just necessary, it keeps costing, manufacturing deadlines in check and expressing change. Express Employment Professionals is your best resource for success. Visit Expresspros dot com, find the little office and discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster. I wonder if there's an office in Queens, New York.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get on the case. Your local Express team understands skilled labor and can easily connect your business with the right workers when you need them. From assemblers to machinists to quality control inspectors, maintenance technicians, production managers. Express Employment Pros has the skilled talent you need. As one of the largest industrial staffing companies in the US, Express can help your business stay efficient, flexible, and competitive. Final location near you at expresspros dot Com to get the local support you need and avoid the onslaught of online applications and sorting through unqualified candidates. Put people back in hiring with Express whether you're ramping up production, managing change, or looking for solutions in a skills gap. Express Employment Pros is your one connection to the right workforce. Visit expresspros dot com. Express Employment Professionals respecting people impacting business. The NFL draft is where it all starts. This is crazy. I can't believe it.
Speaker 7: From the picks, the breakdowns, weird covering all of them because of the NFL.
Speaker 1: I'll put myself in a position to be in One.
Speaker 2: Pick can change everything.
Speaker 1: By It's Trapped Night Lock.
Speaker 7: Joined Jenny Taft, Jay Glazer, LeVar Arrington and former Falcons GM Terry Bomb though April twenty third and five pm Pacific and it's brought to you by Express Bros. And we will format Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Ya habing a Neon GM for the Mets. I'm a moron, rubbish Rudder Rich believes I'm a moron. I'm a moron. You habbing a neon GM for the Mets losing my mind tonight. Rubbish rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. By the way, you know who the league leaders in rubbish are aside from the Mets flight attendants. They're the only people I know that use that word. That's why, that's rubbish, that's our dumb inside Joe Rabbi, we were on a flight. You'll notice it. They always use that word. Must be one airline. They're going around there a little bag for trash.
Speaker 6: And where else do you refer to a bathroom as a lavatory other than a plane.
Speaker 1: Airplanes love lavatory and rubbish.
Speaker 2: Please dispose you're rubbish in the lavatory.
Speaker 1: Both remind me of the Mets, to be honest and laboratory and the Robbie the Mets are as they stay, they're straight. There's great trash. We're gonna go to dB for an update in a second, and we're gonna go to your feedback. Is Wan Soto like he's just making matters worse at that, Like all right, when Lindor said, I shouldn't have known I'm a moron, I should have known when Lindor said, we don't need to be friends on the field, like, uh, you know, this clubhouse doesn't really like each other when he pretty much said that in the beginning of the season, writing was on the wall and now Moron writing was on the wall right next to for a Good Time called Rich. I was saying, can you play Wan Soto's response to has he consulted his and can you know, consoled his teammates during this twelve game skid?
Speaker 9: Have you been talking to guys around and trying to, you know, engage where they're at and try to lift them as we go along here?
Speaker 8: No, in auto, they've been on the road most of the time, so I haven't talked to them.
Speaker 1: I haven't talked to those losers. You know. That would be like, hey, you know, Danny g you went home and you say your wife was upset and crying. Did you console her? No? No, nope, uhh no, what are we doing?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's bad, bad luck, bad luck? And you know what I want to say this too. The Mets just lean into those gimmicks so much. I feel like you're looking for your next gimmick to get you out of this funk. And it's like our Buddy bursh Buddy Burr showed us aheadline the Mets were trying to like go back to the well with I talk to a girl or Grimace or something like yeah, and then they go and lose their twelfth in a row. So your thoughts on Soto, it's NFL, Eve, It's NFL, Steve Covino and Rich and be sure to tune into Fox Sports Radios Draft Night Live, Manyana, eight pm Eastern throughout the first round of the Draft. Insider Jay Glazier, GM Terry Fontano College former GM College Football Hall of Famer, our very own LaVar Arrington, and Fox Sports League College Football reporter Jenny taft As you covered for all thirty two picks with predictions and reactions. In fact, we're going to go over what team has the most pressure on them maybe later because there's a bunch of teams with two picks in the first round, so it's going to get pretty competitive, pretty heated, pretty pretty interesting. Tomorrow night in Pittsburgh, we are live in the Fox Sports Radio studio and that thing will be sponsored by our friends at Express Pros Facing Production swings or tough Skills Gaps, workforce Solutions from Express Pros make it easier and makes hiring you know simple. Find your local office and see how Express could help smarter and faster. Visit expresspros dot com today eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. That's the number, and we're live on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR. Would you believe that every one I've sent this clip too that I consider smart baseball dudes? A Logan Gilbert clip from the Mariners, the guy that got the ball cut in his jersey. I considered dB one of the smartest sportsmans I know. I went to the well of honestly like people that I know, like I love the game, I know all the rules. So many people thought that, oh it went in his shirt. Catch the fact that it was considered an infield single dead ball? Yeah, because I think a lot of the guy caught a ball like against his body or something, or held it between his arms. That'd be an out. So how is this not because he does eventually, like you know, catch it in his shirt and hold it because why because he wondered where it was for a split second, It's not an out.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused by this, asked the Blue Jays.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like if the ball's sitting there underneath the fence or it's wedged in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hey, we learned something new and see something new all the time.
Speaker 4: Maybe Major League Baseball wants to prevent players from wearing six XL jerseys to get you know, shot down the line and just wearing sport codes out there to knock him down or catch him. Maybe that's the reason why that's true, like bondsi wells his suit at the NBA Draft.
Speaker 1: Like there's little things like I know, even just from like playing sports as a kid, like you can't throw your glove at a ball to stop the ball like that, you know, and all the little fair foul rules. We know all these, but that was one that I guess we never really saw play out like that because it is definitely one of those you make the call, but it's all over the place. It's all over social media. You know. I did like three scrolls and I saw it like already a few times. Yeah, it's all over you're gonna see it all right, any feedback, Let's get to it. Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, Juan Soto, are you shocked and is it just the weakest move that the seven hundred million dollar man the face of your team, like some willy nilly was like, yeah, I haven't talked to any of my teammates during this kid. You would think that maybe along the way he said what's up to Boba shit, or maybe he reached out to some of the young players or shot him a text or maybe even a lindor even though they don't like each other. Way Yo, Francisco, Yo, head up, my man, I'll be back in a week like that, none of that. Yeah, that's not a good sign. And you got what how many more years with this guy? And it's not on Soto, but this is not helping the overall looking the team. All right, Danny, who do we got your friends? Your room wants to weigh in on one sododrum?
Speaker 5: Hey, you manage you have a lovely person out you. Okay, he ain't no sorder. He's not a fiery leader. Okay, he's boring. While Soto's boring, he's just doing it for the money. He's not a leader. And the reason he hasn't talk to his team is is because theirs bufflers don't have forms, don't you know nothing? With all the money they make, they don't have a phone. You can't call anybody in talk too. They hate each other. The locker room's toxic. It's only a matter of time. Ask Cohen who you gonna fire first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a toxic situation. It has to be. The thing is though again it's who falls first. Because Mendoza Mendoza, that's abound. The hat might have to have. But as I mentioned yesterday, and this is the last time I'll say, we'll move on to the NFL and NBA. But Mendoza is David Stearns higher. David Stearns was the hire of the owner, Steve Cohen, and he took a lot to get him, like he wanted him bad. So when you hire a GM, that's going to change around the whole culture. And Mendoza's his manager, it's like the guy has a little bit longer of a coaching leash. I guess right. Can't say this enough. Guys, whether you like baseball or the Metster, you don't care at all. They're going for thirteen straight losses tonight, and it's fascinating. It had so many big names involved, and it's against a rookie pitcher tonight, So like, when are they going to watch this must have watched, no doubt. All right, So we still got to talk the NFL Draft and midweek major and more. But it's our guy, Dane Byer. He's got the update. B what's up man?
Speaker 2: Mike Trout has? He had home run number eight on the season.
Speaker 4: The Angels lead the Blue Jays by a score of seven to three, playing in the eighth inning down in Anaheim, while the A's and Mariners continue to play in Seattle. After that crazy play in the first in bottom of four, Athletics up on the Ms by a score of three to two. A's versus ends today in Seattle Finals. From earlier today, the Marlin stopped the Cardinals four to one. Orioles outscored the Royals eight to six. Rays were six to one winners against the Reds. I mentioned Mike Trout hit home run number eight. That's not the most in baseball. This guy has the most.
Speaker 1: Another one too, and that is ripped deep to right.
Speaker 4: Guess it got by fifteen rows into the seats for Jurdon Alvarez, a two run blast, his major league leading eleventh homer of the year. Eleven huh yes, eleven, and then it's good the only runs of the game is the Astros pick up that two to nothing win against the Guardians on Sports Talk seven ninety KBMMY and the Astros radio network. Padre sign pitcher Lucas Giolito to a one year deal tonight in the NBA Magic and Pistons seven Eastern Game two there Sons and Thunder Game two in Oklahoma City at nine thirty Eastern time. Arkansas freshman guard Darius Acuff Junior is entering the NBA draft. Victor Webbin Yama still in concussion protocol. ESPN reports he's undergoing more tests today and there's no word on it if he'll be able to travel with the team for Game three on Friday in Portland. Cowboys no longer negotiating a long term deal with wide receiver George Pickens. They placed the franchise tag on Pickens. He has yet to sign it. It's worth twenty seven point three million dollars in twenty twenty six, and Alabama has given head football coach Kaitlin Debora a new contract pays him twelve and a half million dollars annually. It's a new seven year deal for the head coach of the Crimson tie. That's after he has gone twenty and eight in his first two seasons at the school.
Speaker 1: Guys back to you, Thank you, dB, and it's such a shame.
Speaker 2: Rich.
Speaker 1: I missed the Winmban Yama play live, right, So I missed it live and I saw him fall to the ground on social media hit his head and you see it, it looks he hits it hard. Oh my god. My first and immediate thought was is that Ai? It didn't look real to me, kind of like slapped his face. Yes, I said it was fake at first, and then I was like, oh, wait, that was real. You have to check. You have to go through the AI checkdown on everything. In fact, that that was AI the very first time I saw it. To tie back to the last story, because it looks strange to tie back to the last story. I had to check that wan subtle thing because I thought that was fake. I'm like, well, that's not why that's I thought it was like a joke, like the Mets are so bad. Once, I don't didn't even check in Oh wait he didn't, Hey is that AI? I really did think that. Hey, something we're gonna get through now. Buckle up, NFL fans because tomorrow is such a big day. It'll get my mind off the crappy Mets. It'll, you know, we'll take a old time out from the NBA playoffs because he's already thinking about football. I mean the Niners.
Speaker 2: What are we doing.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about what what team that has two picks in the first round could make the most progress? Who has the most on the line? And Aaron Rodgers? Are we looking at it? Like? He has the Steelers in limbo right now? Like? Does he is? He?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Is a power mover? Do you get what you get when you get Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you get you expect this? Are you asking me going to discuss We're.
Speaker 2: Going to have to bust out the four minute timer for a second time.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss all that and more. A lot of NFL coming up right here, Cavino and Rich Every sports season is built on preparation, richbody studying the trends and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach, and with Whee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions. Are you investing, whether you are actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term, maybe iras, cash management, custodial accounts for your kids. We boll gives you the tools to invest your way all on one platform, and if you're look at to take things to the next level, check out we Bow's learn resources. You can join their in app community. They have a feed there so you can discuss investing trends alongside twenty five million other users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega we Both's personal market AI assistant that could give real time and now watchless insights and alerts from earning strap. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bol app or visiting wee bowl dot com wee Bow Financial LLC Member SAPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weepole dot com slash disclosures. Lebron's going the distance role, He's going for speed, and that brings us to the Play of the Day, the tire rec Play of the Day. We're Cavino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it is the Tirach Play of the Day. Marcus Smart is one of the Lakers who's been coming up big. Heys kicks, it swings its smart dot It.
Speaker 7: Paul moves from the Lakers the double team Lebron, James and Nap Forard.
Speaker 2: It's four against three in the Lakers. It's smart Man.
Speaker 1: Lakers stepped it up. No Luca, no Reeves, no Rerun, no Rent, no yeah man, and somehow they're still pulling it off. They beat kad in the Rockets one on one ninety four courtesy of NBC. That was the Tyrack Play of the Day. For over forty years, Tyraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free, backed by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. Tyrack dot com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: NFL Draft tomorrow night, I was saying, can you be with some majestic, majestic NFL music that gets us all fired up in our pants? It does formed at least and Dun Dunn, and it turns me on. That's not NFL music, No, it turns me off. I mean it's NFL fine, NFL football, all right tomorrow night. I mean the scene of the crime, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. No, Fernando Mendoza, I get it. I apologized me. I wonder what you would take first, A fine heine or some good football. All right, there's a plate my brain. My brain has just frozen. Rich has broken down all the tight ends information over. Rich has steam coming out of his ears. If I know, if I know, the rest of the week, I might get some booty. You can leave me alone on a Sunday or month. It's an exciting night, exciting daa disassembled. And by the way, before we talk about the NFL Draft, another reminder that after the show today we got Bret Michaels of Poison going to be on over Promised right here on our YouTube page because he's performing on Friday from Pittsburgh, welcoming everybody and it's going to be a big party and he's going to talk about his Steelers and more so. Yeah, join us on over Promise right after the show.
Speaker 6: Really quick, listen to the draft coverage live right here on Fox Sports Radio. Last year I checked it out. LeVar Arrington is so good during awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh and By the way, we are covering the top draft moments of our lifetime on over as well, so definitely join us right after the show. But like Ceedee Lamb grabbing his phone back from his girlfriend, Yeah, that's a lot like the memorable ones that we still think of. We'll do that on over promise right after the show to get you fired up for tomorrow. But which team? The question is, of all the first round picks first round teams, who has the most pressure on them to get it right? Well, the teams with multiple pick teams currently holding give you know, multiple multiple first round picks. This is not just who has the most pressure, it's there are five, I'm sorry, six teams with two first round picks. Now you're talking about teams that all need improvement. But which of these teams could these picks make a difference for who has the pressure on them that if these picks go well, they're right back in the mix.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and shouts out really quick to Hannah Storm. I heard her pose this question this morning. The Jets have picked two and sixteen, the Giants five and ten, Brown six and twenty four, Chiefs nine and twenty nine, the Dolphins eleven and thirty, and the Cowboys picks twelve and twenty.
Speaker 1: You know, I think the team that could turn around the quickest with those two picks. There's two teams that stand out to me. Correct me if you disagree. I think the Giants. The Giants have have an opportunity to make some noise in the NFC West. We thought last year, but maybe we weren't on the schedule and there were some injuries. I think under the radar people feel like the Dolphins really took a step back. I don't. I think they may have just changed course. And I think with some moves, I think the Dolphins a couple good picks replaced the loss of Wattle, and I think the Dolphins could be okay. Most pressure, though, most pressure pressure, yeah, because obviously it's important for the Jets, it's important for the Giants, important for all these teams. But most pressure, like, if the Jets aren't good, there's still the Jets in your mind. So is there the same amount of pressure are you between them and the Cowboys? Are you gonna say the Cowboys because there's that As far as pressure, what was an expectation like the Cowboys have gone through a few years now where It's like all right now, it's let's let's start being competitive again. They got you know, Dak is no question marks with picks, no question marks with Dak. Everyone still believes in Dak. Right, So your thoughts, Let's let's discuss. Let's connect eight, seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. Which first round team with multiple picks do you think has the most pressure on them. We'll get to that. Plus Mike's taking the week in a much more football