Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trending episode of Yeah, a production of iHeartRadio. I think I'm coming a little hot. Let me turn down my levels. I am Jack O'Brien. That is mister Miles Bread.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: We are back from our holiday. Yeah, poor day weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh what a time, What a time?
Speaker 1: Pour day week trend. I prefer the week trend.
Speaker 2: Turning your house into the venue for Thanksgiving. Pros and cons, But I pros outweigh the cons, to be honest, because I don't I like the fact that I'm at home and I don't have to think about going home. Yeah, because I'm already there. And then people are like, oh my god, thank you so much for hosts. I'm like, yeah, man, do the dishes like you win? So yeah, it's a but I guess, I guess if you don't like a lot of ruckus and stuff, that can be something. But you know, I'm at that age now where the pitter of little feet and screaming over who gets to play Mario Kart next is like music to my ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, that's we had the in laws and and my mother in law kept apologizing for like taking over the kitchen, and I was just like, Okay, I'll try to forgive you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but like that is like that is so not on my radar that you're blowing my mind with this apology right now. Whoa, I didn't even think to even consider something like that. Well, no, you you will be forgiven. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But oh and seeing people on social media be like talking about their travel and like flights and stuff like that. Oh, just just gave me anxiety for them. Dude, Like, I'm so glad I'm not coming back from somewhere right now.
Speaker 2: Part of me, I'm not gonna lie. I was watching that shit like schadenfreud of porn, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh that looked like it hurt.
Speaker 2: That line looks like about fourteen years long. Good luck to you all. But yeah, and hey, bless y'all who are out there, you know, braving the fucking lines and everything like that, because it's crowded. It was crowded. It's crowded out there.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, we're gonna get into some news in a little bit. First, we like to open this week trending episode by letting you get to know us a little bit better and less some things that we've learned something that we find to be underrated. Overrated. Miles, you want to kick us off. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? First up? Just actually know the only thing I have to actually know first first underrated that is a nothing burger. But I just got to say, is the fact that they saw Arby's a Horsey sauce at the store. Yes, was such a welcome surprise as somebody who is a Horsey sauce addicted to see it in a big squeeze bottle. I was like, Okay, now I just got to get a bunch of curly fries or something, and I can rect a big Montana at home for myself. But the true underrated for me was actually giving your Thanksgiving leftovers new life. You know you'll do that like I did that late Thursday night, like people are sleeping, like, you know what, one more plate before I go to bed, and then the next day you probably do a little Thanksgiving like you know, breakfast plate or a sandwich. But then you kind of like start losing momentum, so turning that shit into something else like some you know, fucking next level cruise ship chef. It is truly where it's at So I turned my leftover mashed potatoes into cheesy potato pancakes. So I took that, mixed it with some like cheese and green onion and some egg flour, get that nice consistency, and then just fucking grill them, you know, fry them up in the frying pan. Boom. Got that, and then you could put your leftover gravy on there, which, like I said, I had a lot of leftover gravy and yeah, yeah on top, on top, and then maybe a little dollup of sour cream or whatever you want to go there.
Speaker 1: See, I was just picturing you when I saw you write this. I was picturing just like throw the mashed potatoes in the like like on the pan. But you're you're adding various ingredients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't want to break apart, and so you needed to, like you need a little bit of a binding agent so you don't just get like these tragic potato pancakes that Her Majesty attempted actually the day before. And then also then that took the turkey carcass and the bones and made a fucking stock. I was simmering this stock for like six hours, Okay, just a light simmer getting all that. Oh yeah that just that juicy delicious out and I made a turkey lentil noodle soup so good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, under I love some fucking lentils.
Speaker 2: Man, also lentils underrated. The fucking are they? They got there? A lagome? Right? Yeah? What else could they be?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean whatever deans are? Yeah, yeah, yeah them.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, like because they're like discs. I'm like that can't that's this is some kind of space age logo that I know not of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh yeah, I've got a ham ham and uh bean soup a simmern as we speak, Oh yeah yeah yeah, because we went we went honey baked Yeah, yeah for for a main meat uh that to save myself hours in the kitchen and move those hours over to waiting in line to pick up the honey bake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got at least you give me on your phone. And there's no way you fuck it up by not paying attention during that stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. I had a very real food coma uh situation like Thanksgiving we ate around for yeah that which was like I had to I had to fight to get it up that early. My wife was like, what are you talking about? Why would we eat really? Wait, we ate like six thirty. Why would we eat any earlier than that? Me, I'm like, this is we eat ourselves into a food coma, and then there's another meal after.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 1: Ate so little during the day and then so much all at once during the meal that I couldn't get off the couch for a second, yea a second helping.
Speaker 2: I made that mistake too. I didn't eat at all while I was preparing food. Then when dinner came, I ate the biggest plate and I ate it like I was like a firefighter and the fucking sirens are going off. We had to get to a call. And then I just like was fucking laid out after. It was bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad. I felt bad. Yeah, But I cooked enough of the meal that I didn't feel bad that I didn't help with the dishes.
Speaker 2: Ah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Anyways, My underrated is the degree to which Netflix has basically won the streaming wars. At this point, I was I was reading an article over the weekend about Life on Air Planet, that documentary that I've been watching with my kids. It's like, what if Nature documentary but dinosaurs, And I was like, why are they writing this now? This documentary came out last year, right, But that was actually a different documentary, those Prehistoric Planet. It was by David Attenborough, but it basically like doesn't exist because it came out on Apple Plus. And so even though like that got better reviews than the new Netflix documentary came out a year before, is narrated by like David Attenborough, who, like they talk about in this article, they're like, David Attenborough documentaries are like the reason that all this exists, but they don't even mention that other series once in this article in The New Yorker. Yeah, and it's it's just like everything once a thing, like once an old show or like a concept hits Netflix, that's when it actually becomes real. It feels like and like we kind of noticed this back when during the pandemic we were paying more attention to streaming numbers, Like the top ten is by default whatever is trending on Netflix, and then occasionally, like a blockbuster like Big, a big show from another streamer would go up the charts, but it would always just like kind of fall back out of the top ten pretty quick and Meanwhile, like Suits is like Charlie after he drinks the fizzy lifting drink, it just like cannot come down. It's just stuck at the top of the charts. Like yeah, so I don't know. And then like other networks are now admitting defeat and like licensing their content to Netflix again.
Speaker 2: Back to them. They're like, hey, we're not going to renew that Netflix deal because we're starting our own streamer.
Speaker 3: And then like, yeah, please please take ballers, sir, please take dollars from us.
Speaker 1: They've got yeah HBO. So like I'm just predicting now that you're going to start seeing shows like uh, Insecure, I feel like it is going to be a big one. But like because that one's they're licensing that to Netflix the Pacific, I don't know, like they've got Band of Brothers in the Pacific.
Speaker 2: They really are licensing by really licensing dollars back to Netflix, that's going to be everywhere the article.
Speaker 1: And also Six Feet Under they're licensing to Netflix, which I feel I feel like Six Feet Under is going to have a real second life up that's gonna blow you up.
Speaker 2: The move with Band of Brothers and the Pacific because that that old Spielberg, Hanks World War two Humper team is coming back with their new one about like the pilots of World War two. Right, so I see what they're like. It's all about ubiquity, man, get them talking about it, because Netflix really is like it's like it's like it's like the streaming equivalent of like having rabbit ears antenna on your TV. Like, yeah, most people have that shit or have access to seeing it. It's when you start adding all this other shit like Apple Plus. Like if if you're not in the Apple ecosystem, I can hardly believe that you have a reason to pay for Apple Plus. Yeah you know what I mean. Like if you don't have Apple TV, or if you if you rock Android or whatever, you might not be as moved by the offerings. But the shows look like like huge things, and I feel the same way. I'm like, oh, okay, this probably looks like a ton of money, but in my mind, I'm like, it's Apple Plus. Therefore is it good?
Speaker 1: I don't know, right, Yeah, Like that Nathan Fielder show that came out a couple of weeks ago, Okay, the Curse. The Curse, Like I feel like, you know, people I know are talking about it and seeing it. But I don't have showtime, right, I don't have showtime, Like when when it hits Netflix, I feel like, or if it hits Netflix, I guess we'll have like a second round where the rest of the population like, yeah, it is like, you guys seen this Nathan Fielder guy. This guy is so weird.
Speaker 2: It's like he's awkward, but it's like but he knows what he's doing when he's right. It's really I don't understand. It's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for now, I guess we'll have to put up with a ballers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I mean, I think to your point, it shows you how like you have reached true ubiquity and domination when someone is putting out an Attenborough narrated nature documentary and people are like, huh, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: It is like even the like the New York doesn't even like mention it. I don't think in the whole article they're just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, they don't mentioned prehistoric planet.
Speaker 1: No, they don't mention prehistoric planet. It's all about the making of the Netflix documentary and this guy who like studied who like used to work for David Attenborough. But like they don't even mention that this is like a year after a critically acclaimed one from Attenborough and the BBC. Yeah, it's pretty wild. So uh yeahpple, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, work on your marketing, Apple, I guess that's all we can say, Tim Apple, Come on, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we've got we're There's just a new rhythm to how media works, where movies to a lesser degree, but definitely like streaming, stuff like comes out, but then it really comes out when it hits Netflix. And that might be seven years or like twenty years after it first came out in the first place. But that's when people are like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: If those like royalties are good, that that must feels so good. Though, if you're like, dude, this thing I absolutely took a shit on years ago. I didn't think it was going anywhere. It's like, it's now I can now do things with my life from all the revenues I've generated from being show exactly.
Speaker 1: What's what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Look, I was talking about how I was at Disneyland briefly touched on it on the What was that today's episode? What episode? I don't know whenever we recorded.
Speaker 1: That Wednesday, I think, oh.
Speaker 2: No, yeah with crafted yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: You talked about it on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 2: Talked about on tomorrow's episode. So just a bit of time travel that does occur there. But as I was just kind of thinking back there, like everything when you go there and I know you were, I think you were yeah World or did you go to land You went to land World?
Speaker 1: Okay, we went everything on the app there toot time like spent looking at yo.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that ship is terrible. The app itself works fine for the most part, like it's stable, like whatever the UI great, blah blah blah. It's more that like the app being a huge central part of the experience is what I think is really deeply overrated. Like even down to ordering your food at what used to be like some places you can get in line, other places like do your mobile order, say you want to pick up. I get that it makes things easier, but there are times when I was so confused, like I would I would try to like walk up to like a seated restaurant, like you gotta check the app, right, I'm like, but you're right here, motherfucker. At the fucking mitro d stand with all of the information right there? What if I what if? What if your fucking app has drained my battery so fucking bad, I'm having to plug that shit in in a bathroom right now to try and get my shit going again. Like dude, it's such a fucking and anyway, So as I was there, like I felt like Tommy Lee Jones in No Country for Old Men, Like everything was at based like they laughed at you if you're like, is there another way to ask for this? And I get again definite advantages like like there's it'll cut down on certain time if you plan it well, but if you're not that sad the like it kind of makes things a little bit like it gives the advantage to people who know how to use the app, whether that's like knowing like what line to be in or what place to get your reservations to or whatever. It just feels like a very uh, I don't know, it was just a lot, And it was a lot, yeah, like take so much of my attention and to be on my phone like that. I was truly just like missing the feeling of having a crumpled up map in my pocket, like.
Speaker 1: Just being in the moment and being in the like physical place you are, and so like being having to like keep bringing up your phone. Yeah exactly. Yeah, just churn through your battery life.
Speaker 2: It's it really does. And I just felt like, like, you know, I was navigating like the New York streets like as a as a like a tourist for the first time on Google Match, like turn here, where's the thing is it? On that app? So yeah, shout out to that. And also another sort of Disneyland adjacent overrated people wearing their fucking political phrase t shirts. Y'all, the effect of your shirt is not quite what you think it is. And because I saw so mans, like I get it, man, Disneyland is the fucking like nexus central like focal point of America. And I went in probably the busiest time of year, and it was just so wild. Like it's like I you know, like when you're this happens with like liberals too, but with people who watch Fox, especially like you probably aren't near anybody who thinks differently than them. Is like they watch Fox and they spent their whole time like fighting an invisible, made up liberal person in their head. That's like when I meet up man. Yeah, like I'm gonna be wearing my let's Go Brandon shirt with my gun hat or whatever, and like people were just there like walking around just like really like huh huh, look at this shirt that's your handgun on. It says you can't you can't reason with evil, but you can prepare for it. And I'm like, sir, you got Mickey Mouse years on and you are Okay, that's fine, that's just yeah, I get it. This is where we go to to let people know.
Speaker 1: How Jesus yeah, from my overrated I think I'm overrated. I had overrated how long we've known about dinosaurs because like so I did read the article. You know, there's this new Netflix documentary you got to see that has this amazing advance where it brings dinosaurs into a nature documentary. It's crazy. But I don't know. They were just like going in one section of the article. They're going through like the history of palaeontology and how like I assumed kids were always just obsessed with dinosaurs, and I guess it really started in the eighties like that that was the first generation to be obsessed with dinosaurs. And like so they talk about how as recently as the seventeen hundreds, they were like finding dinosaur bo and thought they were scrotums of giant humans. Like they named one of the animals Scrotum humanum, the scrotum of a giant human like creature. And then like decades after that, this guy found it was like, I think it's a big I think it's a big lizard. Actually is it?
Speaker 2: Because like they're looking at like the ball joint or something, yeah, like a fever, and like they're like, I kind of see it actually, like when you look at a giant bone, like if you just picture it with a bone one round part yeah, yeah, yeah, like the ball joint on the femur. You're like, dude, that's a big old scrotum.
Speaker 1: But like got must be a guy with a big, big balls.
Speaker 2: Right, But like and then is there some other person who knows basic anat me, like what's connected to like a long bone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one goes up inside you. I think that part goes No, that's the dick. Whoa Okay, well wait, how weird is your dick?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: So strange? You think the balls and the dick are on a straight line?
Speaker 4: I wonder William, Wait, who was the guy who I wonder who the guy was who was insisting it was a scrotum, Like very interesting just world view or like you're you're so patriarchy brained that everything is a dick or balls to you.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah that's and nobody like you're so patriarchy brained. And also like everybody else's so everyone's just like, yeah, that's it was Richard Brooks, an English physician. Brooks, Yeah, yeah, he Dick Brooks, an English physician, reconsidered a detailed drawing of the fossil and gave it a specific name that matched what he believed it was, scrotum humanum, the scrotum of a giant human like creature. But then like, I don't know, so then the eighteen hundred's was the first time they I really got the idea that there are a lot of extinct creatures, like they didn't because there's like something kind of difficult existentially to be like, oh, we're just like the latest, you know, like that whole thing of like humans time on the planet is like a brief blink compared to true history of the planet. But I didn't like they mentioned this Netflix documentary that ninety nine percent of all species that have ever lived are now extinct ninety nine percent.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well, I guess when you considered like this, just like a ton of bugs and stuff I never even heard of.
Speaker 1: So it's all good, yeah, but it's And they also mentioned that the dominant species rarely survives the major extinctions, which bad news for makes bad news for these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because with our thick skin that can withstand temperatures above barely one hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I don't know, the world didn't really get excited about dinosaurs until the nineteen eighties, Like the paleontologists started getting excited about it and like putting things in museums in like the sixties, and like for a long time that t rex that famous like t rex skeleton was the only dinosaur skeleton that like was on display. But yeah, like they didn't come up with the asteroid extinction like theory until the nineteen eighties. And I don't know, it's just like it's this huge idea that changes completely how you see the world, right, And you know, very recently, relatively recently, people were finding big bones and being like, man that looks like giant balls and it's just a dick. Yeah, that's a dick.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but exactly an English physician imagine being that guy's patient. But like just these big pieces of existential perspectives that we digest and like immediately it changes how we view the world, and we kind of take it for granted that there's always been this like fascinating idea out there that like these massive giant creatures like ruled the planet and then got marked and the same thing it happened to us. I'm just like, if we're around, it'll just be interesting, you know, to think about how like what the next giant pieces of like perspective will be that we don't have yet. I'm assuming they'll be coming from like, you know, looking up instead of digging down.
Speaker 2: But keep your eyes to this, guys, that's right, see what happens. And then people will be like, nah, dude, this is a dick. What more like clearly a UFO. No, no, no, that's dude, that's like military sperms or something. Dude. Okay, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and uh, Fox News. Yeah, it's always good to check in with what they've been up to. You want to find out how your friends were, how their holiday was.
Speaker 2: Who was your holiday holiday?
Speaker 1: Fox News?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just a quick one because I'm still kind of my mind is blown. I think like, look, it was probably a long weekend at Fox and they didn't know what to get angry about on Sunday or today. And here we go. We have a guy called Charlie Hurt and he's big hurt over the fact that VP Kamala Harris and her tweet to celebrate the holiday had a gas stove in the background when they're trying to take them from us, and here we go.
Speaker 5: It's so funny that people they saw that, you know, her tweet, they saw her stove, they rightly heckled and mocked her and made fun of her and ridiculed her. And then all of the Democrats freaked out and went on and jumped online and said, oh no, wait a minute, they don't want to take away the gas stoves.
Speaker 2: That's misinformation.
Speaker 5: No, they do want to take away the gas stoves, and in fact, they are taking away the gas stories.
Speaker 1: This is where they control things.
Speaker 2: I just want to say they are in fact not taking the gas stove, and they in fact don't want to take away your fucking guest stoves. But again, and I like a little bit of jo, but tell us why this is the sick ass setup from the anchor at the desk, Wye is that is that? Why?
Speaker 1: Why do you why do they want to ban Gusto?
Speaker 5: I think because they hate us, They hate humans, they hate joyfulness.
Speaker 1: They pies anyway, So that's how they started their week off.
Speaker 2: They hate joy He even took the second He was because this ship that conspiracy theory. I don't even know what the fuck you want to call this. At this point, this talking point is so fucking tired that even he was like, why uh what we used to say? They hate humans and pie weird dealing with an intergalactic droid race that hates fucking joy That's true?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, they nailed us.
Speaker 2: They hate your freedoms.
Speaker 1: Well over here on my preferred news outlet where I get most of my information.
Speaker 2: To a little little share. Okay, I was on Fox. You were looking at Goop.
Speaker 1: I was looking at Goop and they just dropped their gift guide and Miles, there are some pretty pretty interesting ideas. In here we got a twenty four carrot gold vibrator low price of fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, what the fuck is it made of? Out is just the whole thing is like a gold bar that you get.
Speaker 1: It actually like in your hands because it's so just pure soft gold. It's actually a huge health hazard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't, don't, don't don't get that in you.
Speaker 1: Know, comes in a case like a fancy pen and yeah, they dude.
Speaker 2: There's so many weird things on here, like uh, the like one is just like a fucking platter for for fruit that's like four hundred dollars to be like put your per simmons on a pedestal or a perch for your peaches.
Speaker 1: Oh, they use the literation. That's just because they're good at their job. Another one, Uh, there's an antique s cargo pic holder and it's basically it's shaped like a tiny erect penis with a giant scrotum. Speaking of giant scrotum, yeah, that seems to be the theme of the day. I think you may be right if you said no, that's a scrotum. This one. I think we're right because I like the it's supposed to be a snail shell, but the head of the snail is definitely a little Yeah.
Speaker 2: The head of the snale snail looks like the head of a penis, Yes, for sure. I don't know the scientific term for that part down there, but it was that.
Speaker 1: Yes. Also I don't know is that you eat s cargo with picks. I thought you needed to like.
Speaker 2: Scoop a little fork. I mean, okay, I think or maybe yeah, like I mean to get it out of the shell. I mean, jack, I haven't been I haven't been to Paris in so long. Forgive me for for misremembering. We definitely need the little shell holder like thing that holds a shell and then use like a tiny fork to pull out the little snail. Could be for you martinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's also the foreholder that's a little dick.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's like wow, is like a two hundred dollars fucking sword that's just made for sabering a champagne bottle. Like this is truly, these are simple.
Speaker 1: Must treat yourself, treat the ones you love.
Speaker 2: Do you know someone who's so haunted by their own wealth that they know not how to enjoy anything except to just lavish themselves with the most overpriced these society you're as a gift guide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep running into these. Like we we mentioned it back when we were talking about Harlan Crowe and there was that profile from the guy who, like Graham Wood, Yeah, lived in Harlan Crowe's town and like used to run by his house and he talked about how Harlan crow is just unburdening him himself of his wealth. And like there is another article that we're researching about, you know, just real estate and like what private equity is doing to like people's ability to own homes or even like live without roommates, right, you know people are living with roommates later and later on because yeah, and like when you look into real estate articles about how people are investing, like what why this is happening? And it's like, you know, companies and like private investors are buying up houses that they don't live in and just you know using them as investment properties. Like the description of that is like there's all this money slashing around after the recession and COVID and it's like yeah, because they like they just covered up all the money at the top it's.
Speaker 2: Just like slashing around like people. I mean, they might be able to like use some of that to like help people, but nah, nah by this fifteen thousand dollars whole vibrator.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's also an article in the New York Times opinion last week that was about how the wealthy are historically an exceptionally like greedy and not giving back to society in any way like at this time, which right, on the one hand, it's like, yeah, we kind of knew that, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: But that used to kind of be like how a lot of shit got built in the US too. They'd be like yeah, aha, yes, oh, an entire hospital for you to because I feel bad that I shot all those laborers who asked for for who asked for a living wage. Well you know, the pinkertons, they know how to hold it down for you. But yeah, I get yeah. Now that's all we see like reflected back to us. At every level. It was like nobody wants to or they do this thing where it's like I give back, I pay my taxes. No you don't, Yes, they don't.
Speaker 1: They and they've been investing in lawyers who make sure that they don't have to pay taxes like that. That's been lawyers and politicians like, oh yeah, in a multi decade, like as long as I've been alive, they have been moving the goal line so that they don't have to pay taxes like they used to. And that's where this historic inequality is coming from. And that's why we we get products like from the Goop Gift Guide stay at Turtle Island in Fiji for the price of thirty nine five hundred dollars. Now, I know what you're thinking. That does sound reasonable until until you realize that it's a minimum three nights day and that's thirty nine five hundred per night.
Speaker 2: Kid, Absolutely fucked? Is it? Is it just like an Are you just going to an entire island or something? Is that? Is that what this saying?
Speaker 1: So you get three nites stay Turtle Eye Island in Fiji and it's just you, I guess. So, I mean, I don't know, like I don't know what what is required if it's just you, or if it's all like human furniture, like the whole place, all of your furnishing, you're like sleeping on servants. Yeah, and like servants, you.
Speaker 2: Rush your teeth with someone else's teeth. That's what's cool about Turtle Island. For forty grand a night, that's like, and given the way shit costs, that's a fucking I mean, I feel like a Toyota Corolla now costs forty thousand dollars because the price night fucked up.
Speaker 1: That's the minimum, like one hundred and twenty thousand dollars of uh for for a stay at a hotel. I'm kind of makes it just it makes sense when you realize that they their biggest problem is like they have too much money slashing around. Yeah, you know, god, what am I What else am I going to spend it on? They won't let me collect Nazi memorabilia and yeah.
Speaker 2: What can I help? How much does this It's forty grand a night? Okay, great, I'll stay here for like fucking six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, wow, get rid of some of this.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it is like the list is always I mean, like I do like the list merely for the fact that it gives such an interesting insight into like what you do when you have such obscene disposable income. Yeah, like I don't you know what I mean? Like, I'm like, oh, yeah, I know what a I know what a good blanket costs, like one hundred bucks or something like if you like want like a fucking lit ass blanket, And then they're like, now, this one's three thousand fucking dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like, what, I feel like we perfected the couch cushion do we need? Like, hey, man, you got it. You can always go meta with like some hyper priced item, but yeah, there's a four hundred and twenty five dollars blanket.
Speaker 1: There's one, and this is on a gift guide. A residence for at the well Bay Harbor Islands for four million, four hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So you buy someone a home for the holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well I get it. It's you've you've you've successfully outraged me goop again. You've done it, You've done it.
Speaker 1: You can also buy two thousand dollars gong.
Speaker 2: Ooh an eight hundred and twenty dollars copper fun dupot. Now I'm back now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's the sort of thing that we need to like rewake up to, like and see again with fresh eyes as often as possible, and like, yeah, thank you to the Goop Guide for helping us do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you. Keep an eye on the prize. My two hundred dollars Champagne saber so you can quote party like it's seventeen ninety nine. Yeah, things are great for me back then, right when we were just screaming about biracial monstrosity children and the fact that dinosaur bones were Yeah, seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Back we go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 2: And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: I don't like this next story, Miles, but you don't like I don't like being reminded.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so the route put out there like just a reminder you're like some of the top fucking albums that are turning twenty five years old this year.
Speaker 6: And nineteen ninety eight was apparently twenty eight, twenty five years ago, I'm pretty sure to me, feels like five years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna I'm just this is a trickling, just a light sampling of the albums that are turning twenty, that are turning twenty five this year or have already. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill a quemin nine, It's dark in Hell's Hot, So My Flesh, Blood of My Blood. Both DMX put out two albums in nineteen Classics Juveniles four hundred Degrees, the first Black Star album, Hard Knock Life Volume two, jay Z a Tribe Call.
Speaker 1: For some reason, that's the only one that actually feels that old to me. Hard Knock Life Volume two.
Speaker 2: Love Movement by a Trip clock Quest feel what older? Younger to you know?
Speaker 1: That feels younger to me? Okay, dude, Hard to Take Life Volume two is it's like very specifically placed in a place in time for me in high school. And also it just feels like it stays kind of in rotation in a way that like always reminds me of the fact that it's old.
Speaker 2: You know, right right right Love Movement by a Tribe clock Quest that he got game original soundtrack, Come On Now, Capital Punishment, Big pun for Theriz Bobby Digital. I'm like, when I look at just the list and that's not even like, you know, there was like Mop came, like, there's an Mop album that year, Gangstar, There's a ton of fantastic albums. But when I look at this list, I just feel like I'm looking at my case logic CD Binder thing. I'm like, Yep, there's there's my Miseducation, there's my DMX album, there's my Qumini that's next to at Aliens, and there's my I got that new Juvie the four hundred Degrees. I also got JT Money back then. It's like all these albums, but I don't know. I honestly, for whatever reason for me, it does not feel that long ago. I wonder if because I am still a mental juvenile and my fashion tastes have also not evolved past nineteen ninety eight. So in that says, Mike, what are you talking about? Baby? Nineteen ninety eight was yesteryear, that was just two days ago.
Speaker 1: That was very recent. Yeah, yeah, mis educational Lauren Hilen a Clemini that fucks me up.
Speaker 2: Miseducation Is it good? I've been playing that for the guy's child, Yeah, because like babies like to be sung to, like I don't know, like I mean, like a mystery. They like being sung to, even if you're at it. But that's like one of the albums where, like I will Mourn Hill songs, I can really get all emote and really give the baby the performance that he deserves. So yeah, I've been playing that pretty regularly.
Speaker 1: Nice, all right, just checking around for some things that happened over the weekend. We got the Macy's parade being interrupted by pro peace protesters, and there is some wild imagery of like protesters, you know, blocking the parade route and then like getting forced out of the way so they could let a giant Ronald McDonald through, like while while like children are on the sideline, be like, boo, what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean, what do you mean? No more death, no more needless child death, boom, make way for Ronnie.
Speaker 1: Right. To be fair, the people protesting the current genocide were getting in the way of the balloons used to celebrate a holiday predicated on an entirely different genocide. So we're trying to focus on this other one.
Speaker 2: Please, we're trying to erase the memory of this other thing. Now, now, bring on SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: Thirty four people were arrested by the NYPD as a result of the protest. But yeah, it's gave us some really good visual metaphors of like, you know, peaceful protesters being arrested for speaking out against a humanitarian catastrophe to make way for the Sinclair Oil dinosaur.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of dinosaurs. Yeah, back in a big way, but like this is all I mean, like between that, then there was the three Palestinian students were shot in Vermont. Some guy like just shot these three students. No one passed away like luckily, and you know, they're like they're they're trying to figure out if it was a hate crime or whatever. There's there's a ton of stuff. And then we had the hostage swaps happen. Yeah, and we're still like it sounds like right now that you know, people are like wondering, can the the White House put enough pressure to maybe prolong this to make just just to get a little bit more something lasting rather than just like this couple day pause. So yeah, there's there's just a lot a lot was happening. Yeah, in the realm of of you know, Palestine Israel talks and yeah, and just even how like it's it's manifesting now, like you know, like in our own country now we're seeing all kinds of hate crimes go up. And yeah, yeah not great.
Speaker 1: Over on over on Fox, the hosts criticized the nasty protesters because this event was supposed to be about people giving thanks, and another guy questioned what do they want even, which is very frustrating as they're wearing free palace venture it's chanting, we need to cease fire and not another nickel, not another dime, no more money for Israel's crimes. Like what what could they what? But what are they say?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I don't understand the words coming out of your mouth, Like what are you even trying to say right now?
Speaker 2: I mean that's yeah, I would do that too if I didn't want my viewers to know what they were there for.
Speaker 1: Like I can't even know what they're saying shrieking. If you're shrieking right now, I can't understand you.
Speaker 2: What do you keep I think they're podcasters. They may have shouted out some kind of offer code for twenty percent off your first meal. I don't know what they want. It's very confusing. Please bring in SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Braid?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I watched a replay of it or like, I don't know. I think I was able to, like on demand something just to have on the background. And it's just like I felt so bad for the musical performers because it's fully lip synced, like there's no room for sucking any real human performance. Yeah, and they had like the Roots band and like Jimmy Fallon do a thing and like poor quest Love. Do you remember like in Airheads the movie Airheads were like they're like like they wanted to perform live before like they went to prison or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I never saw Airheads with.
Speaker 2: Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi and Adam Sandler.
Speaker 1: They're like sand Man. I know, it was like Adam Sandler movie when I was like craving Adam Sandler movies, and I for whatever reason was just like, nah, that one doesn't look right to make it looks like a real Sandler.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I don't know. I don't know how well it ages. But there's like a part where like they're like like you know, they take over this radio station to get their like band poping or whatever, and they demand doing a live show. And when they actually set up the live show so they release the hostages or whatever, they like realized the whole set has to be like dubbed, and they're like, what we're not doing no lip syncing and like they like throw their arms up while like the song is happening to like protest the fact that it was a lip synced like they were playing with a track, and anyway, the way like Questlove was on drums reminded me of him slowly being like, man, I ain't even fucking playing. What if I just fake played to be a dickhead because we can't do anything? But yeah, it's it's it's hard when you watch like real musicians up there being like here this is I'm playing an instrument that isn't even present in the audio you're hearing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, Sinclair oil dinosaur balloon not historically accurate. We discovered uh from from a listener who I think when we had doctor Grant on. She was speculating that she thought, like a lot of the fossil fuels came from dinosaurs, but the fossil fuels are mostly plankton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not as exciting a logo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so not not as exciting a logo.
Speaker 2: And here comes the Sinclair plankton float.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although those things are gnarly up close. Plankton up close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like fucking gross pieces as ship fuck with no plankton. Dude looked like a bagan in my mouth bro Yeah, I have fucking comb in the sea to eat that crap.
Speaker 1: And finally, uh, we did you catch any of uh? Anna Indiana? No, this is a AI singer songwriter who dropped a track on the world Betrayed by this Town. That is yet another example of like whenever, like we should just look at this when everyone's like AI is already here and going to take our jobs. Maybe maybe that's true, but this looks like shit and sounds like shit and completely lax any modicum of humanity, Like the thing that art is supposed to have.
Speaker 3: My favorite cafe ping my teast.
Speaker 2: Indiana. Yeah, sitting at my favorite cafe drinking tea. Oh my god. What.
Speaker 1: Then there's like some faux like edgic prop in there where she's like talks about feeling betrayed by this town and wanting to tear it all down. Oh, which I don't know. Yeah, sorry, could be like the Terminator future coming through a little bit. But some people were like, oh, of course the AI is woke, woke mob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Anna, Indiana, but it's definitely a no for me. Dog you know, just you tried. It's so like even the animation is really animation.
Speaker 1: Is so wild because she just like makes unblinking eye contact with the camera the whole time with this like weird half smile on her face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the body shape too, is like it's sort of like it's clearly doing the thing where they had like a still image, but like just animate the head. Don't even make the shoulders or torso move like a human would. It's like fix in the head is just like, Hi, I am anna Indiana and I hate this town. Here's how you make napalm with a little bit of styrofoam. Follow me kids, like y'all the I think to andrew T, I remember like when we first started talking about this, and andrew T was on the thing that I was stuck with me about him like just being like, man, fuck these Ais and like their ability to create stuff is like they have no fucking taste, Like there's no like there's it's not drawing from anything that would give you something that like resonates. I get when like they can make another artist say some shit like that evokes a ton of stuff for you just listening to it, where it's like I don't know who in Indiana is And this sounds like a Teddy Ruckspin that got damaged in a storm or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, like having having one artist voice covering another artist's song is like enough that there's like something kind of at least temporarily fascinating to listen to there, but this one is. Yeah, well, when you try and go fully original, it's not.
Speaker 2: To hear it again, dude.
Speaker 1: Thinking about all he's done, everyone who everyone.
Speaker 2: Broken dreams, shattered hopes and silent screams. Wow, you know this is those lyrics are of somebody who tried to have a career and didn't make it, and they're like, fuck it if I can't have this track that maybe Anna Indianda has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel I feel like that's this is being puppeted like some you know middle There's something so.
Speaker 2: Dark behind this, you know, like there is the lyrics have this like you know Steve Bannon when he couldn't be funny or actually an entertainment industry kind of anger behind it. Yes, yeah, yeah, it's just my La Riots musical didn't take off because this town's full of fucking broken dreams. Oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, anyways, we can't wait to see what she does with the rest of her career nearly an artistic revelation.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the artist can render the other half of her face too, so when she turns, it's not just becomes like a weird shadow. But hey, yeah, uh well, we're rooting for you Anna too, for your motherboard to melt down or whatever we do to wish a is is a demise.
Speaker 1: Jam was pointing out that her name sounds like a Mad magazine parody of Hannah Montana.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, the work, Yeah, it's truly. We've got Hannah Montana at home, honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like Anna Indiana is like it. That's because like it already, the last name has the word Anna in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess what could they are? Are there are other names like that if they're trying to do that same kind of naming convention, like state last name with a fun.
Speaker 1: H Becky New York, you know, I mean, something classy like Becky, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Like Tia, California. I don't know, look y'all, it's it's that's why Hannah Montana works, y'all. Yeah, you know what I mean. Just leave it alone. Something you don't have to perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Disney have that Disney Channel basically AI. That ship has felt like it was written by AI, like all along a little bit so which one the Disney Channel, just like when I like hear about what it because I never like really watched it growing up, but then like what I would hear about it from a distance and be like, what is this feels so strange? Is maybe it was like an adult looking at children culture and bea like stupid, Oh that's okay, smart, okay than that five year old you put.
Speaker 2: On a magic jersey and now you're marshall fulk.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show, which hold onto your butts. You already heard that, you're already already know it's a crofting joint, y'all.
Speaker 2: And he's got youtubess to recommend.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight bye.