Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to wok F Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody. Recording from Podstream Studios in Times Square. Actually, folks, it has been a busy as fuck week so far, and as you are listening to this, yesterday the president, former president twice in peach president of the United States, Donald Trump was arraigned on thirty seven federal counts.
Speaker 2: And folks, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: This media cycle, the fucking wall to wall coverage, this drone footage showing a twenty car motorcade.
Speaker 2: Nobody needs this.
Speaker 1: Ship and cable news and all of the other mainstream news outlets have learned absolutely fucking nothing. Yes, is this historic, Sure, it absolutely is. But let us understand the reality and gravity of this situation that these news stations are not covering, which is that Donald Trump continues to use his fake ass, broke ass Twitter in order to rile up people who didn't show up for him. Right, because this isn't a January sixth event. They were able to have January sixth happen because whiteness protects whiteness. And even though these people were organizing out in broad fucking daylight on every single social media platform. You know, Trump was in charge at that time, so he was the one that could give the order to put out, you know, barricades, to get prepared. But you know what, the city of DC was caught flat footed. The federal government was being run by the insurrector, insurrectionists in chief, and he was able to tell people that their votes were stolen. You don't get the same fucking energy when it is about you hiding documents in your fucking home that had you just returned them when they were asked for, we wouldn't have even been in this situation. The Department of Justice gave this motherfucker so many opportunities and chances to do the right things over the last two and a half years since he's left office, and you know what, at every single fucking turn, Donald Trump said, now I'm good. I'm a fucking criminal. And not only am I going to hide stuff from the DOJ, I'm going to hide stuff from my own fucking lawyers. So the issue that we have rights. As Donald Trump is now back to his regular scheduled programming of lying, inciting violence, and fundraising off of white grievance. Here's what transpired as as I'm sure many of you know his lawyers, which he was represented by, Todd Blanche, entered a plea of not guilty, and as a matter of fact, Todd Blanche said this quote, we most certainly enter a plea if not guilty. Okay, we all saw the boxes, sir. We all know that there were the word classified was fucking printed on them, that were strewn across the floor and inside of that Takias bathroom and on top of that Takias stage.
Speaker 2: But got it.
Speaker 1: The reality is I want you to understand too, that the pushback that Republicans are having is by calling this a witch hunt, saying that it's politically motivated. But again, no reporters are actually saying. Do you think so if this were Hillary Clinton, if this were Barack Obama, if this were Bill Clinton, if this were any other Democrat, y'all wouldn't be up in arms right that you think that it's okay that Donald Trump had nuclear secrets and military plans strown about for any taxi as motherfucker to walk in mar Lago, any you know, member of some wedding party to just stumble into this bathroom and be able to see, Oh well, I guess that's where Iran is going to be attacked. Really, you think that that's a good idea for our military and shows the safety and security of our military and our treasured secrets to our allies. You think that if I'm in the European Alliance, if I'm in these other spaces, that I'm looking at the United States right now and saying, yeah, they seem fucking unstable. They don't really have their shit together. I think we're gonna have to figure out how we operate outside of going with and looking towards the United States here because they don't really know what they're doing. You all think that that's good, that's a good look, But I mean, that's what journalism would do. But that's clearly not where we are. Cable news is in the entertainment business, right They are in the ratings business right now. So here is what the New York Times reported, and I will read. Magistrate Judge Jonathan Goodman, who oversaw the hearing, ordered mister Trump not to discuss the case with his valet, who is also being charged with federal crimes, mister Nauda, or any witnesses. The judge said he understood that the two men must speak on a daily basis, but said anything related to the case must go through lawyers.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's see a show.
Speaker 1: Of hands, virtual hands right now to how many people think that Donald Trump is gonna shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Right? Even if shutting the fucked up.
Speaker 1: Would give him tens of millions of dollars a day in his bank account, that motherfucker wouldn't be able to do it. So I'm pretty sure that this was just said to be said, but we know it's not going to be followed. Mister Trump was represented in court by Christopher M. Keith, a former Florida Solicitor General, and mister Blanche, a prominent New York defense lawyer. His legal team has been in flux, which many of you know and has been reported here since two of the lawyers representing him have resigned shortly after the indictment was made public. Mister Smith, Jack Smith, the Special Counsel, also attended the hearing. The case, as we know, has been assigned to Aileen Cannon. And if you've been watching the news, staying up to date on Twitter, and listening to this show, you know that Judge Aileen Cannon is not even held in high regard by her own fucking colleagues. Uh. If you remember, the Eleventh Circuit Court basically admonished her publicly, basically called her a fucking dummy for the decisions that she made during the initiation of the document's case. Uh, and said that she was making decisions that were well outside the rule of law and that it was egregious. Right, So we're gonna continue to watch this space. Obviously, the Slate article that I read yesterday was with regard to her refusal.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But you know, here's the thing about the United States and our judicial system is that pretty much these motherfuckers in black robes are I guess, kings, right, kings and queens that can do whatever it is that they want. There is really no check and balance at all. So Judge Aileen Cannon, who is ill equipped, as as some said on on cable news, not intellectually up to the task for this very important job, could recuse herself, could take her name out of the out of the lights and keep it pushing and be like, you know what, I'm too involved, My name is too much here, I'm under too much scrutiny, and I'm going to recuse myself. But you know, up until this point, she has it, and I'm sure she won't because she got that job for this particular reason.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You know, I want folks to think about this, that when presidents have the opportunity to instill federal judges, right, and now we understand late, you know, better late than ever. Now we understand exactly how important federal judges are. You see, when most presidents and Republicans prior to Donald Trump were placing federal judges, they were doing so not to cover their own asses, do you know what I'm saying. Not because they thought that at some point in time they were going to be appearing before the judge.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They were doing it more so on ideological realms and focuses. But we had never really thought about judges impartiality until the Trump years. I really want us to understand that. Sure, we've had conservative courts and liberal courts, and conservative judges and more progressive judges, but the fact is that we always held and maybe this is why they see and have a God complex, we always held judges beyond reproach right because they took an oath and they followed that oath.
Speaker 2: But that's not the case anymore.
Speaker 1: It's not where we have been in almost a decade now since Donald Trump came down that escalator. We're you know, seven to eight years into this bitch, and know that, you know, Aileen kind of knows exactly why she was put in that place, and so you know, she's pretty much the Manchurian candidate, but a judge for Donald Trump. And we will see and we will cover how this plays out because frankly, Jack Smith called for a speedy trial.
Speaker 2: And it would be normal that.
Speaker 1: Within I think it was said sixty to seventy days that an indictment comes down that the trial would begin, which would put us around September. But we will see if Judge Aileen Callen is going to play politics, and we will see if the Department of Justice, because of the safety of our were international secrets, because of the sensitive time frame that we're working in, actually decide to appeal. Trump left the court and you know, did what he does, which is he's going back to do a fundraiser at Bedminster. You know, this is what was said about the media coverage, the wall to wall media coverage.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Whenever politics and law clash, there's always a tension because they they are both places where fighting takes place. This is John Dickerson of CBS said from a makeshift balcony. Politics is the fighting of the barroom, and the law is more like a boxing match.
Speaker 2: There are some rules.
Speaker 1: Fox did broadcast live images of a person the network's anchors described as Milania, the former First Lady, though within a few minutes the network said it was in fact not her. A day like this, with so many comings and goings, it's easy to mistake people from a distance. Sure it is, because you wanted to pretend that Milania Trump is going to stand by her man the bitch wouldn't even hold his hand when he was president of the United States, and so many embarrassing moments. You know, folks, I will say this that we are living in unprecedented times. And I know I say this over and over and over again because it's pretty wild. It's really wild where we are. It's wild that Republicans, even with this forty nine page indictment that reads so very clearly that they don't care, right that they don't care that Donald Trump is a criminal. They don't care that he was potentially holding on to hundreds of boxes in order to be able to sell sensitive information to our enemies. He does, they don't care. Right as I'm recording this, Senator JD. Vance says he will put a procedural hold on Justice Department nominees in response to the prosecution of former President Trump and my friend aim And Mohedeen, a host of Amen on MSNBC says, quote, tell me more about how Democrats are weaponizing government. It is really important. And I will agree with my friend Joyce White Vance, with former federal prosecutor, I will agree with her when she has said that it is essential that there be cameras in the courts or we're just advancing the cult. Because what it was said in a in another tweet, this was a never before seen arrest. This is Michael Beschlos. This was a never before seen arrest of an ex president on grave federal criminal charges. And because we and our free press have been barred from watching and hearing in real time, the accused man managed to make it look like a triumphant motorcade arrival. And you know it is. It's so crazy, the clear distinctions between what is happening on Earth one and what is taking place on Earth two. And when you hear speaker McCarthy, for instance, say well, you know, mister speaker McCarthy, do you think that it's a secure location to have, you know, classified documents in a bathroom? Will? I guess it's just as secure as having them in a garage. Well, at least the bathroom can be locked. Are you fucking dumb?
Speaker 2: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: Right? Like? That is really the question to Republicans, And I mean it with total and complete disrespect, because here's the thing. Mike Pence also had classified documents. We know that President Biden had classified documents. You know. The difference between the two of them and Donald Trump is that when those documents were found, they turned them over to the Department of Justice, They opened up their homes willingly and said, go at it right, it's yours. This was actually and obviously a mix up. Donald Trump had two and a half fucking years to return this critical information to its proper owners and chose not to. But this Republican cult is continuing to do what they've been do what they've been doing, which is step and fetch it for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They don't care about the truth. They don't care about him being a sexual abuser, a sexual assaulter. They don't care about him being a liar.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 1: About him potentially selling secrets and making money off of the secrets that he was privy to as president of the United States. They don't care about anything. Again, Donald Trump could walk out and shoot somebody, shoot several people, and they would rally to his defense and say that he feared for his life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We're not going to get back the thirty percent of the population, including those members of Congress, who are all in it for Donald Trump. It is going to be up to the seventy percent of us, write the sane seventy percent, to say, oh fucking hell no, not in our country, not in our democracy, no goddamn way. Right, And until we start moving and marching and acting as a collective right, as an actual new American majority, Right, we're not going to move the needle here. And we're gonna continue these war of words. Right while these motherfuckers want to use violent language on their broke ass social media platforms, why they want to post pictures with their ar fifteens, It is going to be up to the seventy percent of us to save our democracy.
Speaker 2: Not one community, not one person, not one.
Speaker 1: Constituency, but all of us from the grips the clause of this Republican white supremacist cult. You know, folks, we are just in a wild place, you know. And I think that it is really important to take stock of this moment. I think that it's really important to understand what each and every person's responsibility is into telling the truth, standing in the truth, and standing with those who's lives are on the line right now. Switching gears off of Trump. And obviously we will continue to talk about it, but you know, I don't need to talk about Trump all day every day, but I want to bring this up to your attention as well. The New Republic is reporting that Starbucks. Starbucks has banned Pride decorations in its stores halfway through Pride Month. The company workers' union revealed this week. And here's what I tweeted in response to that is that giving into right wing terrorists shows us exactly what your company values. Understand your capitulation to these anti LGBTQ plus folks will cost you. You've been notified. And I say this in you know, in real, real ways that it is incredibly important for these companies to be boycotted right for them to hear from people within the LGBTQ plus community, those that are allies, those that are progressives, to understand that the actions that you were taking to become beholden to a small group of terrorists is going to cost you. Because I will tell you this, Like one, I don't love Starbucks coffee nowhere. I don't think that it's great, uh and it is oftentimes a last motherfucking resort. But I'm gonna let Starbucks know exactly what I think about them. I mean, on top of the fact that, you know, the hell that has been brought down on those trying to unionize to have safe working conditions. We've had those leaders on this very show. So you know, folks, if you're looking to have your coffee needs met, go to a local place, right, support local businesses, support local outfit It's better yet, make your coffee at home and save yourself the seven or eight dollars because Starbucks ain't it. You know, Starbucks was a company that had revolutionized how companies care for and look after their staff. But the bigger that they got, the farther that they moved from what was initially their mission. What set them aside from everyone else. This similarly with Target, Target was all in right for communities, for all for inclusivity because they recognized that there was money right in being inclusive and being progressive and being thoughtful, even though we know that Target was also giving money to Republican packs. So I think that it's really important, dear friends, for us to pay attention to where we put our money, for us to pay attention to what is important, what is necess what matters, and what matters in this moment now more than anything else, is one that we are all taking very good care of ourselves and remaining rooted, because as this storm continues to blow and take hold, we need to be as rooted and as balanced and as spiritually, physically and emotionally well.
Speaker 2: As we can possibly be.
Speaker 1: That means, you know, meditation, workouts, time and nature, filling our bodies and our minds with things that fill our hearts and lift our spirits. It also means if you have the ability to provide resources to give to local organizations that are on the front lines, whether they be LGBTQ organizations, women's organizations, black social justice organizations, Latin x Asian organization whose lives and livelihoods are on the line with each and every election that passes, right, think about that. If you're not concerned about whether your rights are going to be taken away or whether you're going to be protected by a certain administration every two and four years, then you are part of a privileged class, right, and you need to think about how you are best utilizing your privilege to advance the health and well being of those that are often marginalized and oppressed. Right, Like, what are you doing on a daily basis?
Speaker 2: Is you know?
Speaker 1: Is it volunteering? Is it sharing content? Is it you know, giving a little bit of money? I think I am so grateful and thankful to those that support me on Patreon and had supported me before I came to iHeart and continue to support me because it is.
Speaker 2: That kind of action.
Speaker 1: It is that you know that five dollars a month, It is that little thing, right that I know for some of you isn't so little, but you're willing to do what it takes to continue to keep voices like mine on the air, to keep voices like mine unapologetic. So if you can right support those organizations, groups, influencers and people that are doing the work do so, you know, head over to Patreon, head over to you know, to your local ACLU chapter, NAACP chapters. Head over to these places right that are doing the work right so that the rest of us can live free.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: You know, on this woke Wednesday, there is just so much to be fucking woke to. I listed off my top ending with the companies that are caving. You tell me if you're on Patreon and the comments. Second, what you are getting woke to this week? What you were paying attention to. Hit me up on Twitter at D two cents, d E E T W O C E n T s the same on Instagram and over at TikTok. Danielle Moody underscore that is it for me today, dear friends on wokp as always, power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.