Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Brief. Frank Provone is with us now. He is the national director of Priests for Life. We got the March for Life coming up on Friday of this week and much to discuss. Frank, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Buck, good to be with you.
Speaker 2: Let's start with actually, before anything else, March for Life. I know you're very involved. We want people to know about it and want people to get involved too if they can. Well, can you tell us about this year's march and what it means.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be very significant. You know. These are the two largest annual events in the pro life movement in America. Happened in the next few days. The March for Life on Friday, and then the Walk for Life West Coast, which is the second largest event on Saturday in San Francisco. I'll be at both and one of the key themes that we're going to emphasize because we run the prayer service on the morning of the March for Life, is the cancel culture. As our listeners know, you know, we've got a weaponized government in America. Now we also have a weaponized government in the church, and a lot of people are aware. There was a bishop that was recently removed from his position because it was a little too outspoken. We're actually gonna honor him at the prayer service, Bishop Joseph Strickland, and we're gonna have Mark Halk the one of the people whose homes was raided by the FBI. He's full pro life activist, and yet the Biden administration came after him with federal charges. We're gonna pray that morning of the march for Live with these people and with pro lifers from across the country. And it's important this year that the pro life movement focus on this problem that we've got, because it ends up targeting all of them, all of those faithful people that are going to be there, that have marched every year and are trying to change things back home, you know, to protect the unborn. They're all the target of this weaponized government. So that's gonna be a key key theme of our activities the next few days.
Speaker 2: So tell me about this bishop you mentioned, a bishop who you said, well, tell me the backstory. I don't even I don't know what's going on with this one. I think people need so.
Speaker 1: Joseph Strickland was bishop of the Diocese of Tyler, Texas, relatively small diocese, but he got a national following because he was actually for example, he spoke out against Biden and his pro abortion policies. He spoke out to the other bishops says, hey, we got to be teaching the faith in the arena of politics. We got to be lifting up the unborn, no matter who wants to kill them. And and you know, he was putting the other bishops to shame, is what it boils down to. I mean, he wasn't saying anything that he shouldn't have been saying, but some of the other bishops wanted to kind of tone him down, you know, bring him into line with their own mediocrity, and he didn't go for that. So ultimately they convinced Pope Francis to remove him from his position in the diocese. This just happened a few months ago. And when they did that to him, similar to what they did to me a year ago. Will you and I have discussed it in past programs where they said you can't function as a priest anymore really for the same reasons. It's the it's the cancel culture in the church, when people are saying things that they consider too uh, too too political or too disruptive.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so now this bishop he's speaking out anyway, and I mean he's still a bishop, he's still in good standing, so to speak. Uh, And he's going around speaking at different events like the one we're going to have on Friday.
Speaker 2: I just I have a hard time with this. And I don't. I don't sit here and pretend like I'm super up on all things in the church, nor do I pretend that I'm the best practicing Catholic. Just keep that betraying me. I'm trying. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I slowly.
Speaker 2: I got married in a church. You know, we we've talked about this, my wife. We want to raise our future children Catholic, and we're we're inching back toward. But anyway, this is me.
Speaker 1: I was happy to meet her by the way we were together at mar a Lago. Thank you for introducing me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, of course, no, she's she's wonderful, she's a great lady. But yeah, it feels like this pope is kind of a communist who does the bidding of the left, including on issues of life and LGBTQ rights. I'm sorry, that's just that's just how I feel.
Speaker 1: Well. I'm going to tell you something here, and I think probably many of our listeners will agree with this. I'm convinced there is a collaboration going on right now between some of these operatives in the Vatican and the operatives in the Biden administration. Really, I think, yes, I have. I've come across a number of things in some of my conversations and meetings and all the battles I've been having with the Catholic hierarchy. I think a lot of it is being a lot of the shots are being called by the Democrat Party, the same people who are weaponizing government in America against people like President Trump and and and and those who support him. I mean, this is the only thing that makes sense after a why you see all this stuff happening, And it's like your reaction was perfect just now because so many millions of people feel in the same way, says Hey, I can't make sense out of this. I mean, I know basically what the Church stands for, and this seems to be like just the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean in churches in New York City that I've been to Catholic churches in New York City, I can think of one in particular. You know, they'll they'll have banners that are Black Lives Matter and with you know, fish on them and things like this, right, and they'll have banners up in the church, you know, really big displays to that effect. And also they'll have LGBTQ plus meetups for young people that the church is sponsoring. That actually happened at my mom's church by the way. So yeah, and and look like whether what you know, people can we can talk about about all these things. I just think it's interesting that they will promote those things, which is I understand it are contrary to church. You know, well the BLM thing is a little more complicated, but you know, the LGBTQ thing, like the transgender issues things like that that I don't think it is sported about the church. But they will not touch abortion from the pulpit. This is a I do. I never hear them saying, hey New Yorkers, stop supporting abortion. And this isn't a Catholic church I'm talking about now, they won't.
Speaker 1: They won't do it, and that goes directly to the heart of my ministry and the conflicts I've had with some of this the hierarchy, because that's exactly when you think about priests for life. You know, people say to me, well, isn't every priest for life? And I respond, well, you know, priests basically are for life. We just helped them to say so. And because that's what's lacking. It's the say so, it's the priority. It's give a voice if you believe this, and many of them don't want to do that because, I mean, some of it is that they're just cowards or they don't know how to deal with opposition, but some of it is they're being told not to say it. I mean, I have memos that some of these bishops have sent out to their priests actually saying, do not preach about anything that's going to get the people angry or divide them. And it's like I thought our marching orders were to preach the word of the Lord, you know, or the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you know, not oh, don't get anybody angry. I mean, if Jesus had followed that, he would have never gotten crucified.
Speaker 2: It's remarkable to me because you know, I'll hear stories about I just heard one recently where, you know, a woman in a Catholic church who's sort of a friend of a friend who was divorced was denied communion by her parish priest. Now, I understand what the rules are supposed to be, but I also feel like every time anyone says, hey, should you know Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden be denied communion for being leaders who are avowedly, avowedly pro abortion and and you know, or are doing everything to kind of make abortion happen as much as possible that somehow or we can't touch that, you can't go right, you know, Well, one is a much bigger deal than the other. I gotta you know, you know, taking public funds to fund millions of abortions across the country, it's much bigger deal to me. I'm not saying divorce isn't serious and harm, but much bigger deal than someone getting divorced, I would think. But the church comes down on one but not the other. It just seems to me like do we have rules or not?
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. And you know, some people that try to use the lame excuse that oh well, you know, God, no acknowledges are our weakness, and you know, and we're all imperfect. And you see the way that Biden, Pelosi and the Democrats deal with abortion. This is not weakness. This is not like we're trying to do the right thing and we kind of stumble and fall like we all do. They're running in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're advocating for evil. They're advocating for that.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's the log in the short of it.
Speaker 2: It's remarkably you know, what would happen when when you were dealing with you with your stuff, Frank, if you were like, okay, yeah, I'm also a human being. I'm imperfect. You know. Well, that's right. They still want it to still wanted to punish you. Apparently that's right.
Speaker 1: Somehow that argument didn't work with them. It's the hypocrisies. I'm believing, you know what the good thing is if buck people are waken up to this. The people tell me all the time, they say, look, I see what's going on in the church, I see what's going on in the government. And it's like I'm going to keep speaking the right thing. I'm gonna keep doing the right thing, and I think we're at a moment now and we need it both in America and in the church, where the people themselves wake up, they get wise to the evil that's going on, and they say, wait a minute, this country is mine, this church is mine. I know the faith, I know the constitution. I'm going to live accordingly, and I'm going to defend those things no matter what some misguided people in authority are going to try to do.
Speaker 2: Let's talk and I'm glad how I can talk you about any politics because you know you're you're a free man, right. No one knows exactly there's no hook or crook that's going to be, you know, sweeping you aside. So let's talk about this in the second but first up from our sponsor here Ley Oxford Gold Group. Look, everybody, gold is something you need to be thinking of because with everything going on in our country, you find yourself thinking about self defense, home protection, and financial protection a lot. One form of financial protection is diversification. Gold has been used to protect assets against inflation for as long as there's been money out there. Gold is a global reserve asset and countries are buying massive amounts of gold as a hedge against inflation. It's time to help protect yourself and invest in gold. Stop thinking things are just going to get better, Take action, diverse, fy and protect yourself Today. My friends of the Oxford Gold Group will help you understand why you need gold in your four oh one k and why you should have gold on hand. It's easy, it's simple. The Oxford Gold Group is there to help. Visit Oxford Goldgroup dot com slash free and order the investment guide or make a purchase of precious metals and earn up to twenty five hundred dollars in free gold. Oxford Gold Group slash free. That's Oxford Gold Group slash free. Frank. One challenge we have here for anyone who's advocating for life now on the political scene is we keep being told this, and even some right wingers are saying, This'll be honest with you, people that are themselves pro life, but they're trying to strategize. They say, we keep losing ballot initiative in state after state. Roe is gone, but now the people are voting for at least some level of abortion. You can't argue just in favor of life. And when what do you say.
Speaker 1: To that we're not losing. These ballot initiatives are our lies. The other side is just better at lying than we are. And when you look at it, let me give you an example. In Montana, they fail to pass this measure that would protect babies after they survive in abortion. You say, oh my goodness, you know, are the people that turning that pro abortion? And no, after that thing passed, Montana legislature passed no less than ten measures limiting abortion. Now that also reflects the will of the people. In Florida, they're trying to get one of these amendments going. But in Florida, the last two legislative sessions, we've passed two one stronger than the other, life measures to increase protection for these babies. So it's like, you look at this, Okay, seven states, the ballot initiat has went the wrong way, But but twice as many states now protect babies from conception. So my argument is, and then you look at the state courts. You know, when these pro life laws are passed in these states, what are the state courts doing. They're upholding the laws. We've got victories in Indiana, in Georgia, in South Carolina and North Carolina. So we look at the whole picture and it's like, all right, what's going on here. Here's the reality when the abortion issue is dealt with through the legislative process and the court process. Because now Dobbs is president, no longer row we win. Why Because you have to wrestle with the issue. There's there's there's hearings, there's evidence, there's arguments, there's counter arguments, there's there's there's lobbying, at least in the legislative arena. And and and the more the American people wrestle with abortion, the less they want it. Now. Granted most people don't want an absolute prohibition on it, but overall Americans want less abortion, not more. These ballot initiatives only passed because it's what I call SoundBite voting. There's no debate, there's no analysis of this. The voter goes in and they saw one headline or they arned a sound bite. It's like they don't understand the deep meaning of this stuff. And you know, polling on this subsequent to the votes is showing is showing this. In Michigan, now they had their thing passed a year ago their ballot initiative, and now people are starting to say, wait a minute, why do we have these extreme policies with late term abortion or keeping not, you know, keeping forcing us to pay for it and whatnot. And even some of their Democrat lawmakers are starting to say this goes too far. So I think I don't think the other side is going to be able to get away with this kind of thing very many more times. We've got in Florida right now, our Supreme Court is looking at throwing this thing off the ballot all together because it's so vague. And I think that therefore, when we when we look at really the whole picture, we're not we're not losing. The other side just wants to spin that that notion, you know, and say, oh, abortion is a losing issue. My challenge to the other side is very simple, describe what you defend, and I think political candidates you need to use this. Ulators need to use this in debates over abortion. The last thing the other side wants to do is talk about abortion. They want they want to make it look like they bring it front and center. Oh, this is a winning issue for us, but they never want to actually talk about what it is because if they did, we win.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that one of the the big tell tales of this all along. And this is true in a range of different political issues, but on abortion, it's particularly obvious. Is there's all this language used to speak around an issue, right, reproductive rights? Yeah, why not just a abortion? Like if it's abortion, why not just abortion? Why come up with all these euphemisms? A woman's right to choose to choose what to choose, what she's not choosing a flower bouquet? Like what are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: You know what's very instructive about this when in Kansas, when they passed the law years ago stopping dismemberment abortion, when the Democrat legislators in Kansas stood up to debate against the bill, they didn't even say the name of the bill because the name of the bill had the word dismemberment in it, which accurately describes what an abortion is, and they didn't even say the name of the bill they were speaking up against. So it shows that, you know, if we insist that that the other side describe what they defend, we are on the right track to exposing their extremism.
Speaker 2: And just so I know, actually I'll ask you to answer this one. This will be one of the last things we can get to. But the first up, Yeah, I want I want to ask you about church doctor on the issue of abortion. But hold on, hold on for one second, because for our folks out there, if you pay attention to the value the US dollar, you're gonna want to hear what former Wall Street insider Tika Tawari has to say. He's followed the value of our dollar for a long time, and he's been watching the markets, and he's got deep concerns about what's going on within our federal government right now. Tika is exposing all these details in a detailed video that you can watch online at a website that he's set up so it's easy for you to see and decide for yourself. He's sharing three steps that he believes you need to take to prepare go to move your cash now dot com. Move your cash now dot com. That's move your cash now dot Com to watch the video that will inform you and prepare you. That website is move your cash now dot Com. Your life savings could depend on this paid for by Palm Beach Research Group. All right, Frank, and I'm missing something church doctrine on abortion is this is a very bad thing that should be stopped. So why isn't the Catholic Church more vocal about stopping it.
Speaker 1: It's that the doctrine itself is very very clear. The unborn are to be treated as persons. It's a doctor and actually that's based in science and just the clear evidence that this is a baby. By the way, same basis that we're against transgender and I think today we can't say a man is a man or a woman as a woman because for fifty years we've been saying a baby is not a baby. Church doctrine is based on just recognize the truth of God that's right in front of you. Why are we not as vocal about this as we should? Again, it's because of the politics too. Many of these church leaders are a buddy buddy with the Democrat, a party which has become an appendage of the abortion industry unfortunately, and that's why they don't want to embarrass their friends. They don't want to get their friends to turn against them, and we have got to That's one of the things I've been doing and my ministry is doing, is to expose that that connection, that kind of goes back to what we were saying before and and and because you've got a lot of clergy out there, they're ready and willing to say more, but they're being intimidated into silence. And that again is going to be a key theme of our march, our prayer service Friday, and our march to say, everybody have courage, open your mouths, speak from the pulpit and everywhere else.
Speaker 2: Frank Pavone, Frank, where can people go to a help priest for life and also to get involved that they can in the March for Life.
Speaker 1: Yes. The march activities is at prolifemarch dot org, prolifemarch dot org. I'm on social media at fr Frank Pavone on all the major platforms. Fr Frank Pavone. Hope everyone connects with us.
Speaker 2: Frank, appreciate you being in the fight, sir, Thanks for being here. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Go always great to see you. God bless