Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: You guys. This episode it's a touchy one.
Speaker 1: It was a sensitive episode, by the way, welcome to do it and mean everyone.
Speaker 2: Hi, I don't even know how to be light in fun about it. It's just like just dive in or just deep.
Speaker 1: Yes, this week's was a it was a tear jerker kind of.
Speaker 3: It was handled well. I think. I mean, he's really good.
Speaker 1: He's so talented, like so vulnerable. His acting is so vulnerable. That is good to see. Like, I don't know these two characters together, like we talked about it before. I think they do really well together. And I just remember taking that finish that end picture with.
Speaker 3: Him m hm oh in the bed when he's in the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was just oh no, very special moment.
Speaker 3: There's another episode with that.
Speaker 2: He comes back. I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next week, he's back next week. Okay, good.
Speaker 1: I just feel like sometimes the lines get blurred when you're playing a character and you're talking to another actor who's playing a character. Sometimes that other actor is the character to you in I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right, yeah, but for me, he was Jimmy.
Speaker 3: I get that he really really became him because I even knew him from Blossom, and I'm completely forgetting about Blossom, Like.
Speaker 1: How did he win this role? Because it was a meaty one.
Speaker 2: I mean he was definitely offered it, right, Don't you think he was a big guy?
Speaker 3: I would think so after Blossom, I mean he I would think he's huge. Yeah. So what's interesting is so because we sort of talked about this off air a little bit on air, right, trying to sort of understand the timeline of what was going on with the AIDS HIV crisis at this time. So I, not realizing Tori that your dad made this movie, thought oh, I'm going to rewatch and the band played on to refresh my memory, so I, you know, start streaming it and I literally was shocked. And I know we've talked about it before, but that your dad produced and the band played on, which is obviously one of the reasons he wrote this, you know, or wanted them to have this storyline online on two and zero such an important right thing.
Speaker 2: It was a very important topic to him.
Speaker 3: So what made it so important to him? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that part? I know that he loved tackling topics that people were scared to tackle at the time and doing it. And I just know this was something that was so big. I mean he implemented in Melrose Place. Yeah, and the band played on. I mean you and I talked about it a little bit, but that was such an important project him because he wanted to do it as a mainstream project, and it was originally set up an NBC and NBC I think because there had just been the Rock Hudson story. Yeah, I think it was on ABC. They were scared to do a mini series on AIDS, so they pulled out of it last minute. And that's when my dad took it to HBO, which at the time HBO wasn't doing like movies and stuff. I think they had dream on that series. You remember that, you guys, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and so this was new for them, but he knew that probably the only place to get it made would be Cable.
Speaker 3: Well, I love the story that you told me because I started texting Tory when I was watching it because I don't know how, I just didn't realize it was your dad was that he sort of didn't love boat. He took what he learned from Love Boat, which was you tell it, you tell it right.
Speaker 2: So his theory, you know, with love Boat always having big star cameos and how it worked so well, and he wanted to do that on the big screens. So in this movie, I forget how many there's like two hundred and something cameo. Yeah, And that's another thing.
Speaker 3: It was like the biggest budget movie.
Speaker 2: And they were like, no one's going to make this, and he felt so strong about it that he said, well, I'll pay for it. This is an important movie. I want this out there, and then of course to HBO did end up paying for it. But I think it had more cameos than the movie. The player even, Oh my gosh, I have to go back and watch this.
Speaker 3: You have to be really good.
Speaker 2: It's a movie I think everyone will love.
Speaker 3: It's still really, really, really good today because you really learn what was going on. I mean, I think there's probably some things that we know now we didn't know then. I think there's a couple things that I took away that were really fascinating. I did some research, and I think when Richard Gear joined the cast, it was a game changer because all these other big name actors were willing to do it because Richard Gear did it. But the thing that really gutted me was at the very end of the credits, they show sort of recognizable people that had been diagnosed with HIV AIDS. Not famous celebrities only yes, lots of famous people, but recognize people Ryan White, Arthur Ash, all these people. And then when I was doing my research, every single one of those people except for Magic Johnson died. It was like, oh, you just realized, like at the time when it first happened, and they say this in the movie, it's one hundred percent of that people died, everybody. But the movie is fascinating and really then helps you understand the storyline in nine o two one zero.
Speaker 2: Right, because otherwise not knowing that it's kind of very out of place, this storyline. I mean, we tackle tough subjects, but this one goes even deeper, I think. And Jen I was telling Amy that because my dad wasn't known for doing stuff like this, and he was just noticed like Jiggle TV, you know, things like dat teen dramas like whatever. He was nominated and when the movie was nominated, he made himself so sick and he was in bed and he was like, no, no, no, I'm really too sick to go. I can't go. Plus I'm never gonna win, like I never win anything. And they won. Oh and he didn't get to yeah.
Speaker 1: You can go.
Speaker 3: That stinks, Jenny. Do you remember and I can't remember if I asked you this last week, did they come to you about this storyline or was it just it showed up on the page and you were like, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point there were definitely pre conversations to storylines, especially big ones like this and ones that had this kind of weight. So while I cannot remember it specifically, I'm one hundred percent sure that it a conversation took place before.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing I really thought was interesting about the way it was handled it even though I understood you're freaking out because you get the blood on you, right, the show was pretty good about multiple people saying you can't catch it that way, like, even though I also thought they depicted your fear of it very well. The nightmare and the scrubbing of the hands and the scrubbing of the hands and sort of the panic all very sort of reminiscent of the time. But I thought the thing that really was well done was that they addressed your unprotected sex with multiple people, and then that was where you know, they really felt you should be tested. And then you go through that that was very well done that they didn't just like only make it about Michael's character Jimmy, that they took it to another place that actually was concerning, and they addressed that you had been sleeping with someone who was a drug user and like maybe we didn't see him, do you know, intravenous drugs, but like that guy was a drug addict, We don't know. I just thought, Wow, they really went everywhere with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did such a responsible thing by talking about you know, like you said about unsafe sex in that day and age. That means there were a few like tough conversations in this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of them, and it was very of the time. I mean I remember that era being in college and have you been tested? Was like a big thing, like getting tested before you had a new partner. Seems like we might need to bring some of that back because I mean, I like kids are much too lucy, not not necessarily because of HIV AIDS only, but also because of all these other sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well, getting back to the episode, Steve, he didn't want to go and support Jimmy at the magic show.
Speaker 3: Poor Steve. Yeah, they just really write him to be the big du her.
Speaker 2: If I would have been like, I don't want my character to go that far, yeah, I was like we felt about yeah right.
Speaker 3: They always make his character just never forgets it right, life forgets it right. This ringe, yeah, cringey cringe.
Speaker 1: What about after the cut? What the blood? She got a lot of blood on our hands. First of all, he must have really cut his hand. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was well done. The nightmare and the hand washing and the hand see that. I was almost I almost thought the nightmare was real. I did too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I saw the first arm, I still thought it was real. And then she seen to look at the other arm, and I was like, okay, this is.
Speaker 2: Wait. You guys, we have not told everyone what they're.
Speaker 3: Because this episode is like, it's very I remember it well. People caught up.
Speaker 1: Season seven, Episode four, Disappearing Act September eleventh, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. The hand is quicker than the eye when it comes to Jimmy Gold's magic tricks. Kelly gets a safe sex wake up call after an HIV scare. Valerie is acting more controlling with Kenny. Meanwhile, Brandon and Mark hire a news anchor with no experience, and David blames Donna for telling his dad he is a CEU dropout.
Speaker 1: Directed by David Semel, written by John Eisendrath. Okay, let's just start at the beginning. Why is David still being a douche?
Speaker 3: I thought we were past this.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know how much he eats in this episode? No?
Speaker 3: I just saw him drinking margarita alone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the peach bit Dad gets me. Oh my god, Nat had the baby.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, you can tell because he's showing a picture of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah everywhere.
Speaker 1: Now is there ever any presence of the actual baby.
Speaker 2: Like in the future. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey may so funny because I can't fully remember. Yeah, I don't remember seeing the wife nearly as much as you would think you would, right, I do remember the news anchor stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, c Brandon's new love interest, He says, Oh, man, now we just need somebody to read it.
Speaker 3: Dunt dun dum, here she come, Yill Novac. Her real name is Jill Novaks. Yeah, she's good and I like her. She's just very susan ish.
Speaker 2: Well, I just feel like, God, Brandon, aside from Kelly, really has a.
Speaker 1: Type, right, I don't fit into Stipe at all.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, but like, oh my god, it seems like they're interchangeable.
Speaker 1: Because they do have a romance, right, Yeah, and it lasts for twenty three episodes.
Speaker 3: What it's like the same thing we did with Susan. It's literally the same wh why met her at the paper? Now we met her at the TV station.
Speaker 2: You're not ready for him yet, so we got to go shock that throw one more in.
Speaker 1: That she's there for twenty three episodes.
Speaker 3: I never thought that it was that long. Wow, I'm sorry, but if you are that drunk reading the news, how are you going to read the news? Also? Would they really take her out to get a drink before?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 3: Let get let her get like no wasted. She's really cute when she's drunk though. I gotta tell you, Yes, she's a cool girl. I like her. I like it. There's something I like about her, but it just feels super redundant. Yeah, there's it's nothing about her.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, let's see where it's going. Maybe something special is going to happen with this relationship.
Speaker 3: What's up is this episode where where David talks to his dad?
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you're like, uh, why Okay? I love Mel Silver with all my heart?
Speaker 2: Is there a buck coming? Yes? Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like when he comes on the screen in this episode, he's so like, wah wah, wah wah wah, Like he's so such a downer dad, and.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like David's kind of a mess. Can we acknowledge the fact that though David doesn't have money for rent but drives a hundred thousand dollars car well because daddy bought it for him. Hello? Right, he literally drives that Defender. I don't know if it was one hundred thousand at the time, but like, dude, what Yeah?
Speaker 1: But uh it sounds like Mel's cutting him off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If he drops out of school right by the end, isn't he back in school? Yes? It's like this was really title. Why would you leave? He's got a year left? He just he wants to be famous.
Speaker 1: He wants to be a famous filmmaker.
Speaker 3: So obsessed with this direct thing.
Speaker 2: But he's just so angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not fun to watch or be around. I just personally feel like I have emotional whiplash with watching him go back and forth and not understanding why he's not the way David was. Like, I don't remember this phase of the David character.
Speaker 3: It's not totally out of left field because they tried hard to sort of make this. Oh, Don and David are directing music videos and it's such a big deal, and then it's kind of like swiped out from under him. It just feels a little bit like they're trying too hard to make that a storyline.
Speaker 1: I mean, David, David, Brian's a good actor, so he can do anything. It's just like, why are they writing him this way?
Speaker 3: It definitely continues, It definitely continues throughout this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, oh, because he's living at the Hollywood Hills House. And did you guys see what I was saying? That's a full on set the Hollywood Hills House. I does not see that.
Speaker 1: I see I see it as a set, like a house, an actual house.
Speaker 2: It's not no, that was a because they planned on this house. Being like wait, wait, I spid a new beach apartment. Where was it was trying to think so our main set or addressing room flore Yeah, not where the peach pit is on this side the.
Speaker 3: Other way, but never saw one. Wow, I never saw it, not once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that crazy? But I don't know if Kelly's ever there. Well, I guess Kelly is going to be there.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it's a mid century modern with that step down? I feel like it's like Hollwood Hills House sunk in living room. Yeah. Oh, I love a sunken living room. Why don't they do those anymore? Because they're a pain in the ass. Everybody's trying to raise their sunken living rooms, everybody with a step down to Why do I have this step down? It's so seventies. I feel like it should have like a like a Burt Reynolds on a rug. Doesn't that feel like a sunken living room? Like Burt Reynolds with his shirt? Oh? Yeah, that was quite a photo.
Speaker 2: So who lives at this house? Mark?
Speaker 3: Mark and David and David and isnone else?
Speaker 2: Someone else is coming?
Speaker 3: I feel like we don't know them yet. If there's someone else, we haven't met them.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's like a Month's type character.
Speaker 1: Month's okay, So go into we're really jumping around. We're criss crossing all the storylines right now. But going, uh back to Mark.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see him in the first episode and they're talking about how they need somebody to uh read the news, and he says, if you want to reach the boobs, you've got to get on the tube.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know. And how about when the camera person.
Speaker 1: I hold that line though, because my mom always used to say, get out of in front of the boob tube. So I've watching the boob tube and I always be like, there's no boobs on the TV.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what that means. Well, why did they call it that.
Speaker 1: I guess you turn into a boob if you sit in front of the tube too long.
Speaker 2: We are you being serious? It's not like a correlation to like women's breasts.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like makes you a boob a dummy if you want, if you just sit in front of the TV.
Speaker 2: I thought Mark was making some inappropriate comment about women's boobs, and I'm like, God, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like approate when they close up the legs.
Speaker 2: I don't like his character, like the way he talks. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Do I remember another they give those.
Speaker 2: Steven Brandon like Mark and Brandon like.
Speaker 3: Ugh, it don't.
Speaker 1: Brandon always acts so natural at everything, like he's just stepping into being a news uh producer, never stunt run a camera room with switches and buttons and all the things, and all of a sudden he's like, you know, boss.
Speaker 2: Man, that's called main character energy.
Speaker 1: It is main character energy. There's nothing he cannot do, Brandon Walsh. It's crazy and he does it with such confidence.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm going back to Tracy. I think that they should have solved her panic attack with breathing exercises and not alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that would have been a better approach, but they left the boys in charge.
Speaker 3: So there you go. So what do we Okay, wait, I don't want to jump around to the valerie stuff until you guys.
Speaker 1: Are we haven't even gotten to the valery stuff. But yeah, let's save that until we're good and done with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Should we go back to Jimmy a bit more and the magic? He's a pretty good magician.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also what I couldn't figure out is, Okay, I'm assuming that when he's coughing, coughing, and it's not real, and then you jump up there that it was part of it? But or did you just jump up there like? I was like, was this? Did she know? Or was she panic it? Do you know what I'm talking about? It's like a really good trick. That was a real bait and switch because he's like and then we thought he was sick. I thought he was sick too, But then yet you were like up there and he's like, my beautiful assistant. I was like, she like, Kelly, was she in on it? His mouth again? A frog? A frog? Yeah, he's a good magician.
Speaker 1: Do you think he had that frog in his mouth?
Speaker 3: Was it real? I don't know. Can you do any magic tricks? Can you guys do any magic tricks?
Speaker 2: I want to be a terrible at magic?
Speaker 3: Can I Can you do a magic trick?
Speaker 1: I think I could if I put my mind to it, I could do a card.
Speaker 3: Trick, pull a corner out of someone's ear.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to be cut in half like the girl in the bock practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll try it. Oh my god. I have a couple of funny magician stories, but one I just went to a kid's magician just the other day, and he was pretty good, Like somehow a kid had a dollar and then the dollar came out of a lemon, like they rode on the dollar. And then it was crazy how they do it? I get that, it's all like sleight of hand. I don't know how rick how do they do it? My niece had to pick a card and then suddenly that card was on a painting like it was just nuts. I wish I could remember that magician's name. Allegedly he's the greatest kid's magician in the Bay is something. It was like the great Oh, I go, you know, when's the last Has anyone been to David Copperfield No no, Chris Angel no, David.
Speaker 2: Blaine no no, I'm not big into magic and in Teller No no, I'm then to the Magic Castle? Is that count?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was the guy the chopped up watermelons. Was he a magician Carrot Top? Yeah? I think he was. I don't know. I've been to Carrot Top. I've been to Carrot Top, but he's not a magician at all. He just pulls weird crap out of a suitcase. It's weird. Magic is weird.
Speaker 1: If you are a magician listening right now? Please tell secrets.
Speaker 3: It's on tricks, because I think if they cut you in half, like really, you're just like in a ball on the one half, do you know what I mean? Like the lady that could cut you have to be like a limber in there, or like if you disappear, there's like a trapdoor or something that's in santour We could do it. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you in Vegas like you guys would be so good about that. Can you imagine if it was like, you know how like celebrities do Chippendale's. What if it was like Toury and Jenny with David Copperfield, Like I would totally go see that.
Speaker 2: You had some reality show that was like Celebrities, but a competition show where celebrities were.
Speaker 3: On it learning magic tricks, get correct? No way, what was that? That seems easier than going being on Special Forces. I would take this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that, but magic.
Speaker 3: Take the learning to be the magician rather than have to like jump from a thing on a helicopter.
Speaker 1: You probably get paid more to do the magician thing.
Speaker 3: Have they asked you either of you to be on Special Forces. Here's the thing. I would want you guys to do it, but I feel like you can't do it. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do one thing. I don't think I could. The younger me would have been all over that. But I couldn't sleep in the bed they sleep in, or use the toilet they use. I was like, I'm out quick. Yeah the bathrooms sketch, Yeah, no thanks. It's literally like a like worse than the toilet camping toilet. It's like just a board. You just see their heads.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm out with that bed dangent.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, let's talk Celebra cadabras. Good title, good title. Did it go on the air, Yeah, I would have immediately taken that paycheck. Pull a rabbit eye would.
Speaker 2: Have done that.
Speaker 3: Should we talk about val Yes. I don't know if I'm into it or cringing.
Speaker 2: I'm not into this storyline, you guys, I can't. I'm very upset with it.
Speaker 1: All I know is Kenny is a head kisser, Like over and over, he just kisses the top of.
Speaker 3: Her head, like no, on her hair.
Speaker 2: I can't watch him. I can't watch her hair in it. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: He's real creepy and it only gets worse and it gets very melrose placy. It does, you guys, admit it gets real melrose placy, fake baby like the whole thing. I don't you stop.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched that or but I think it's just makes me feel icky whatever's happening.
Speaker 3: I'm also trying to keep track of his wedding ring. I feel like it's on, it's off, it's on, it's off. I need to, like somebody needs to go back and do like a deep dive of like is this guy wearing a wedding ring or not? Because I've seen it and I haven't seen it, Like, what's up with this guy?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just promises that he's getting a divorce. He's promises.
Speaker 3: He's just not.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because I don't find him attractive that I'm just like not into watching her with him.
Speaker 3: There's something about him that's playing.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a good looking guy. It's not that, but there's something that I'm just like, he's very.
Speaker 1: Like good looking on a soap opera.
Speaker 3: Guy, hot married guy, kind of a vibe, yeah, like hot daytime and why do I want to watch her with him?
Speaker 2: Like I don't not even there, Like it's not even like a kissing scene, Like I just don't want to watch the two of them talk.
Speaker 3: She just cannot make it. She just doesn't make good choices. Let's talk about that. Balerie doesn't make good choices.
Speaker 1: For such a smart young woman. She really makes some stupid decisions.
Speaker 3: For pickers off as they say, Yeah, like why is she doing this? They're always unavailable? Yeah, why is she doing this?
Speaker 1: Well, people, there are women that go for unavailable men.
Speaker 3: They need therapy. They need therapy and they can figure out why and then they can change it.
Speaker 1: Most likely their dad wasn't there for them.
Speaker 3: Okay, just gonna.
Speaker 1: Move on because that's a lot to talk about. But they do have a very special evening planned at a hotel.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and she's like, come on in, I've got a dinner. Hair. It's so gross. She's also way too like she plays Valerie too old, do you know what I'm saying? Like Valerie is the same age as David Silver.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's that the two of them are just feel like I'm watching two old people.
Speaker 3: Oh she just old. But you know what, I mean, wait, what she's got that I'm twenty one going on thirty five normal, She's so cute, she could go to college and get any cool she's.
Speaker 2: Playing like because maybe she's trying to fit in to be his older wife like Matres instead of the young smoke show she is. I don't know. I hate this storyline. I want it to end soon. I just want it gets worse.
Speaker 3: You guys, it just gets worse.
Speaker 2: It can't get worse. It does makes me want to peep in my mouth.
Speaker 3: It can beyond worse. And then we learn more creepy things about him. He is creepy to the core. But I really want Val the fine love, like good love.
Speaker 2: Who's next for her? So I want something to look forward to for her?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. We got to go a couple more with this.
Speaker 2: Mess, and then but who is valmind up with? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I must acknowledge that everyone wants me to remember every single thing, and it's like I don't remember, Like, look a meeting I have tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're as close as we have to a SAX fan, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also you're expert. It's more holistic too, like the whole show in general. Sometimes I do mess up certain things in the timeline.
Speaker 2: That's okay, You're not perfect, but you are a resident expert here at OMG.
Speaker 3: You can just fire me.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'm going to have a call with you about firing you can we get that on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Put in the group text.
Speaker 3: Going season seven though, Like I have to say, I am it's not the shine.
Speaker 2: You're loving this?
Speaker 3: Oh you're you're irritated. I kind of, well, yeah, I can see why you would be, like, well, and you were barely even in this episode. They didn't give you anything to do.
Speaker 2: I don't even care about watching myself, Like it's it's like, I just want to see fun stuff. I don't know. The Kelly Jimmy storyline I loved, so I'm going to give this episode a break because of that. I was riveted, like, and they handle it really well, great acting. But all the other storylines I didn't care about. I don't care about Valerie and the creeper. I don't care about David swigging lemonade and eating with his mouth open. It's so gross, like he's not being David.
Speaker 3: No, he's not you. What do you give it?
Speaker 1: You said, you're going to give it grace, but what is the number?
Speaker 2: I feel like I have to give it a high number because of the matter ceiling.
Speaker 3: With Well, you could give that a number, and I'll give.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to give that storyline a nine, and the rest I'm going to give a six.
Speaker 3: I am in agreement with you. I hate watching Valerie and the Guy but loving it. So do you know what I'm saying? Like he cringey, but I'm like, I'm so in on this because it's so oh, this is so redict and I love it. I'm always good for there. You know, the dad's dating the young girl and cheating on the wife. Like, it's very lifetime movie for me. So I'm like, all right, I'm been.
Speaker 2: You know what it is you guys, aside from Kelly that storyline, all of our regulars on the show are not acting like themselves. They're not like the characters we know.
Speaker 3: In this episode, where was Brandon. Oh, I'm that's right, he was at the newsroom. I literally forgot for a second Forgrettable.
Speaker 2: It's almost like it's a different, different characters written in this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, let's pray that the next episode just turns things around for everyone.
Speaker 3: Well, it's you and Jimmy again. He did three and the third one I can't remember the details.
Speaker 1: The third one is next week, season seven, episode five, Pledging My Love.
Speaker 3: So is there like a whole new team of people on season seven?
Speaker 2: A little bit? A little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, new showrunner if I'm not mistaken correct.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes I notice these shows they kind of meander off and come back. Not to change the subject, but did anyone watch nine to one one this week? Because it was an outstanding episode and I felt like it lost its way for a little bit. Was amazing. We're talking about it. I'm just letting these guys know that sometimes shows lose their way for a minute and then they find their way back. That's true, And that they find their way back, I know, you know that the episode isn't great when I'm more interested in Celebritabra.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 3: Cele like. I literally want to talk about celebritab way more. I want us to just stop talking at this point. I don't. I want to know the other shows before we go. I want to know the other shows you guys have been asked to do, Like obviously Special Forces, where either of you asked to go on that mission to Mars whatever it was, Stars on Mars would have been That would have been great. That would have been great dancing with the stars obviously. What about Amazing Race? Could you guys do an amazing race together? That's a celebrity driven Sometimes there's like, yeah, celebrities, what.
Speaker 1: About that where you go and you're naked and you're afraid? What's that one do they do?
Speaker 3: I don't think that's celebrities.
Speaker 1: A celebrity edition, you know, I would we asked to do the celebrity Big Brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about I'm a celebrity, get me out of here? What about Massinger? Yes, yeah, tour you did it? Yeah, Jenny, you've been asked. I did not do it. No, you can't here, I can't.
Speaker 2: She can't sing, but she is fine.
Speaker 3: It's fine for me to just say. What about Surreal Life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no, oh no, that came back right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so for that one.
Speaker 2: I think we're like back in the day agen like it was like early two thousan, right, the first incarnation of it.
Speaker 3: Juicy gosh. There's some good ones. I think Special Forces is probably my favorite. I feel like Tory should try special horses. I did, you might lose.
Speaker 2: Right away, but I think I was even in their wheelhouse of thinking, I.
Speaker 1: Personally don't want you to do that because I don't think it would be.
Speaker 3: Good for you. Yes, and you literally have to jump from like a platform to a helicopter and then hold the helicopter like your I would be riveted. Do you watch it? And it's flying? Please? So crazy? I cannot figure out how they even let these celebrities do it. They're just swinging from a helicopter and then they like jump into the water. The whole thing's crazy.
Speaker 1: First of all, just the water temperature alone, that's a hard pass for me.
Speaker 2: No, Brian did it good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian was on it, but he didn't make it very far and the exit was not very explained, Like I just felt like, all of a sudden, he just wasn't there. Same with Melby, all of a sudden she was not there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you a crazy fan of this show?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: I believes this no, because I secretly want to do it, but I would not ever, ever, never say yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could never do it. I'd panic immediately from the moment it began too And then they torture you at the end, like they play all these mind games on you and like you're freezing your head. They put a thing. I would be out on the thing over my head. I'd be like, I can't participate. It'd be fun. I'd be into it. But you and Brody Jenner was going to win. By the way, I'm so obvious like that guy. Obviously. It's like a great athlete. He can serve, he can swim. I was like, this guy's totally gonna win.
Speaker 1: He's got it in, he's got a great attitude. Yeah, it's official. We are ending this episode right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody, come back next to We didn't give a score. My score is nine because I love to dislike it and I love to love it. So like, even though I'm like Valerie, come on, I'm into it. Okay. And there's something I like about that creepy guy because I have a little of that in me. Oh you're creepy. I think I don't like you. You like the creepers.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, everybody, thanks for listening, and we love you. Have a great week.