Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, the explowing down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Tuesday, looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star of Frisco, where it.
Speaker 4: Is a nice eighty eight degrees. The hog today is ninety one. The load tonight is seventy one. It actually feels really good if you're in the shade.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 6: This is the This is the button upside right with the button up boys. Yeah, this is Kurt Hells. That's Sinate Newton. He is Shannon Gross. I am the businessman today, Jesse Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of Braille people.
Speaker 5: When we speak.
Speaker 7: Tuesdays the Sports Square fall.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you who I don't want to feel. I'm so glad I don't have to feel that.
Speaker 3: Team call us eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 5: Tell us how you're feeling today segment is brought to you.
Speaker 4: The whole show is brought to you by Wingstyle. We need to work on some wing style. I need to get some of that in.
Speaker 5: What flavor gets his from your brand.
Speaker 6: I still I still owe you guys wing Stop for what Muhammad paid for Wingstop a year ago.
Speaker 5: I still have the money.
Speaker 4: I just that got around to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mohammed bought lunch about a year ago. I still have the money and just haven't.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for waiting till I got back. It's about lunch.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, that's what That's what it was waiting for you. Thank you, and then you come back.
Speaker 5: Our signed it's in there that ain't hit.
Speaker 4: That's a load of tope back and saipe back and forth. So how are y'all today?
Speaker 5: I'm good, man, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Nate.
Speaker 8: Oh Man, I am well. I'm excited. I'm super good. I'm waiting for these callers. I love y'all. Hey, I'm telling you what like I don't. It's probably never going to happen.
Speaker 6: But like if there was like like a pay per view subscription that you can buy for our show to get like the breaks and the pre the postgame conversations.
Speaker 5: M it would be some funny stuff, man, it would be it would be some funny fun let by Nate Newton. It would be led by Nate. It would be lead.
Speaker 3: If if the powers that be upstairs could separate that from you know what I'm saying, Yeah, because we.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty behind the wall or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if they couldn't different, if they couldn't make their mind and say, this is the pay per view version, so it's separate from this version.
Speaker 4: We we would make it half a show before they.
Speaker 5: Jerked us off the air.
Speaker 10: Okay, there, you're gonna be starting.
Speaker 4: Subscription co host whole world.
Speaker 5: Geez, little, that's not what the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I remember what we're talking about before.
Speaker 4: Jeez, Jesse looking nice today.
Speaker 6: No wonder, your arms are looking a little strong over there, brother, right on, looking everything.
Speaker 5: You wanted. That thing pumped ump, No wonder.
Speaker 11: Get some phone calls her her, alright, the list I got calls when you need him.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do this first and then we'll go get them.
Speaker 9: We'll go call.
Speaker 4: No, we don't want to do that. Let me go take care of this real quick.
Speaker 3: Nate, your preseason is officially over. Yes, it is this.
Speaker 5: Week.
Speaker 3: What have you learned during pre season? Who is this team? Do they have an identity?
Speaker 7: What are they? Are they good?
Speaker 4: Are they bad?
Speaker 8: Or they just And y'all gonna laugh at me. We got four or five five starters on the offensive line.
Speaker 7: We're gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: We're good, We're good good. You know, it's easy for him to say that. Now he's seen the backups play and he's.
Speaker 8: Like, Okay, we're not terrible, not terrible, terrible coming, but.
Speaker 10: At this point do they need to just Tyron Smithster say okay.
Speaker 6: They brought it up and they spoke to Jerry this morning. They brought it up, and you know, Jerry, being the settleman that he is, he's still He's like, you know, the accent was Tyranne's injury history worth his productive in you know when he's on the field, And Jerry kind of basically said, like, you know, Tyron's our guy.
Speaker 5: Tyron is you know, he's.
Speaker 6: Still good and we you know, we look forward to having him back.
Speaker 5: But then he kind of said that Tyrann maybe if he to go this week.
Speaker 6: So you know, Jerry was jerrying when he came to the Tyron Smith situation. But I mean, we all have to come to the realization of what Tyron Smith is. Who Tyron Smith is and what he's done for us in the past has been phenomenal. But this version of Tyron Smith is just one that we truly can't trust. And I do want to get this shout out in before we even talking about offensive lineman. We we going back and forth and this is not you. I will say, you have been the one that has said this. Tyler Smith is coming on to being a stud. He is no stop asking. He is not playing left tackle too good where he's at, He's not playing left tackle not now. There has to be a dire emergency.
Speaker 5: He said. I think pullice.
Speaker 4: PFF grade up by the way, I.
Speaker 5: Think it was like a ninety last week. I think, yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: Overall grades like an eighty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think they have found a home for him. And he has just been like driving dudes into the dirt and the way that he's playing with the aggression and once he gets his feet really kind of into this thing like fully to uproot him and then move him back outside, well, he kind of has to start the relearning process again because.
Speaker 5: And I should, I should let Nate speak to more of this.
Speaker 6: But when you talk about moving from guard, you're talking about now being able to operate in a small phone move type space to when you move to left tackle, that's more of an open area type space.
Speaker 5: Guys have more, more moves, more looping. Yeah, Tyler has, he's settled in.
Speaker 12: He is.
Speaker 6: He's kind of sunk his teeth into this thing and playing left guard, so you know, maybe the guards on either side if possible if something happens, but left guard you can start putting that, you start getting the chisel out and start etching out in stone. Tyler Smith is going to be your left guard going forward.
Speaker 8: What he gives you is what the butcher, Zach Martin gives you when you can don't push the mic away because I didn't want to punch the I am about to punch the mic and go ahead. It No, when you have a middle, a center, a center and a guard and a guard, you can stop if your feet is good enough, which his feet.
Speaker 7: Is good enough, zachs be honest is good enough.
Speaker 8: When you can't stop a dude from pushing you two yards, now, that sets it for your tackles to set out wider and that runs some defensive vent. Now, if he needs to step up and move to side either side, you are locked up and you've given him five yards today ants.
Speaker 5: With oh God forbid.
Speaker 4: If he decides to run the ball, then you got some rooms, right.
Speaker 8: But if you get knocked back three yards and it resets this thing, now it gives some less space to move around.
Speaker 7: People don't don't know what one yard can mean.
Speaker 8: When I was looking at uh, the reason I didn't like Josh ball at guard because and I told Josh this to his face, I say, you give up three yards on the set. Does that means by time you get hit, you're in the quarterback lap. By time you punch, these guys are willing to fight up close. That gives our quarterback a chance to step up. And then when we do get to the five and seven step drops, because you're gonna have to start throwing that that that that five and seven step drop when we do get to that, that could be.
Speaker 3: So in your opinion, because you always hear about the blind side tackle.
Speaker 4: Is the most important position on you can.
Speaker 11: Have him you, in your opinion, if you have a strong middle middle three middle three, that's more important to me, to you, it's because you position.
Speaker 8: You ask Mike Clauri, you ask all my coaches. You know they they don't get me wrong, They kissed them tackles. But oh, look how great two is, Look how great error Hill is. Because they know that they're dealing with nick boss of the world. Uh this, yeah, you're dealing with You're dealing with an animal.
Speaker 5: But I'll give you a perfect example.
Speaker 8: When you're dealing with a Reggie White who is like Parsons. Yeah, you need you need that tackle.
Speaker 7: But you know what.
Speaker 8: People forget about Jerome Brown who always pushing my big behind back deep in that pocket. I'm fighting with everything I got and he putting not. Reggie Light got a shorter corner, but we had luckily we had big e. So you if you have a strong middle that don't give up in the ground, now you can run the ball at will.
Speaker 7: You You can never stop bit. Go to the forty nine ers, they don't have great guards, are great center.
Speaker 8: I go to Philadelphia that does have a great center and two good guards. You can never stop their run game. If you can never stop the run game, you take away everything Q is about. If you can't stop the run game. Now you can have a soso quarterback just lighting you up, because how do you set your defense first and tend what you're gonna do.
Speaker 7: He gonna play actual passion because you're so scared. He gonna run.
Speaker 8: He's gonna jump it right over your linebackers in the middle of the field. I'm tight ends kettle gonna be running straight down the field. But if they can dictate to you what's happening and hit your quarterback a couple of times, we see what these few guys that came through here, the wins that we've had, how they dictated to us because we couldn't We couldn't run the ball with enough scariness.
Speaker 10: You asked about PFF grades. Yeah, Zack Martin is ranked fifth seventy six guards. Tyler smith is first.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that's all pro type.
Speaker 5: Tyler Smith man is he is? He coming along man.
Speaker 3: So that's a great point because he's in more of a confined space.
Speaker 5: He's in the guerrilla phone booth.
Speaker 3: That is that helping him with his hands, because the big knock on him at the beginning was his hands getting outside.
Speaker 5: Well, you could be a.
Speaker 8: Little more confident. I had a hands problem coming into the leave because I got a house problems though, because I'm a grappler. He's a grappler, he's a mauler. He's not a technician. So long as he's working on his technique. His feet is good enough to be an excellent guard. They're okay to be a left tackle. But he got excellent feet to be a guard. And now he's realizing, like, yo, homeboy, you can't get so far out there. I'm gonna still be able to lay my hands on you. You better not come head up. I'm gonna maul you. That's that's how I used to feel.
Speaker 7: I used to look at.
Speaker 8: John Randall and all these great Hall of famers that I played against, and I can't get in the Hall of Fame that I stopped that, I can't get in.
Speaker 5: All the talk. But I'm not like these guys. These guys great. I tell you what.
Speaker 4: I've been doing this show with him for what five years?
Speaker 5: Five six years?
Speaker 4: Just make he is never ever talked.
Speaker 5: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: That is the first time, and support this.
Speaker 7: You know, no, no, no, no, let me be honest.
Speaker 8: The reason I said that because I was talking to Everson Walls and I'm talking to Darren and I was talking about Darren Woolson. I'm looking at I'm looking at Everson, and I'm looking at how Diggs have been a great athlete, interception guy.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at Bland and what he's doing.
Speaker 8: And everybody see and everybody can comparing these guys to a young Everson Walls. But if these guys just get two or three interceptions year, not five six like ever since used to get these guys gonna be in the Hall of Fame. And you're comparing these young guys to Everson Walls. You didn't have to go outside of this house to compare with greatness. But we don't have enough people in Dallas, enough media people. You know, our media is not mean and vicious like say a Pittsburgh or.
Speaker 5: New York at the raided.
Speaker 8: So when they when they speak, everybody just get in line. And so that that's what makes me sometimes just just snap out like that because you cannot let Everson Walls can't be able to speak or talk or or or got something wrong with him and oh now let's put him in Well, who is he representing? He's not represented ever, because that's not him anymore.
Speaker 6: And when you say speak a talk you mean healthwise, yes, not way to A guy gets so old and there they can't even be whom they can't be themselves during introduction what what?
Speaker 5: Because we did that at the Black College Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: They had a gentleman up there, and I almost come on glue they did the gentleman.
Speaker 7: The gentleman talking one of the first guys to be drafted into the NFL.
Speaker 8: I can't think, excuse me off, not being able to remember his name, but they up there just interviewing him, and he was saying the same thing over and over and over. Everybody kind of snickering, and I'm glad his wifely and and that's where the last.
Speaker 7: Few years, the seniors, that's what has happened.
Speaker 8: I don't want my son Trey up there saying hell when they noon he's been dead eight years, don't I signed on't. No, We respectfully declined, because.
Speaker 7: It don't take all that. You either let it expire and let it pass, or you do it while they're alive.
Speaker 8: And they got and they can comforhend what's going down that That's why I said what I said. But anyway, back to who was talking about he gonna be a beast. He's gonna be a beast.
Speaker 4: What have you seen in his development? What's what's what's changed in the last.
Speaker 7: His confidence, his confidence.
Speaker 8: You know before he was he was going back to college and just mauling people. And every time you saw him he was just Now he's trying to do the right thing. And that comes from the coach too. Mike Clario is you know I heard on another program which you don't mind me speaking ofout Derek right with our money and uh, they were talking about surprises and you know, surprises. Who's been a surprise player. It ain't that so much a surprise player. Mike Clario has been the guy I said at the beginning of the year, either he gonna be the goat one way or the other, he gonna be the goat. So and he's been the goat, you know, uh he and if you watch him, I know you watch it just and every time they call the team up offensively, they come from the sideline and Mike calls the team about who you you see him in there talking to his boys. Whatever coach say he got, he got a coaching point behind that. Whether it's a pass I run.
Speaker 7: He got a coaching point he's got energy that you.
Speaker 5: Would not believe.
Speaker 8: And then watching me, I wish you would go to lunch sometime, Jeff. Watching man, I mean once you met him, thanks a ball energy and once he get to know you, Oh man, how you doing.
Speaker 5: Jee's great to see you. Man. You give like, hey, coach, that's a great job.
Speaker 7: You're bringing dog along.
Speaker 5: No, no, the credit goes to that kid.
Speaker 7: He's worked hard.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 7: I saw him standing up in training camp.
Speaker 6: But to add on to that point when you're talking about todder Smith and his development, one of the biggest things as a former player when you when you when you get indoctrinated into the the National Football League, sometimes your head begins to spend right because you're you're you're going from and the smaller the program, the bigger the leap is when you're getting to the league. Not only in the lessons, because let's be honest, right, and I'm not saying that there aren't good coaches at the smaller school levels. There are, they are, but when you go to but but you know, when you go to the the Alabamas, the Texas of the world, those guys are former NFL coaches, former You know what I'm saying, so their their skill set, they just their tool bag. They have a lot more tools in it. And then the competition level that matters. That matters when you're playing up against a guy where you can just go and grab him and that just be it, and he don't have nothing to really combat you just being brute, brute stronger than him. When you play up, you're playing guys with more talent that's gonna be on the next level. So when Tyler Smith comes in, he makes the leap. But then when you settle him at a position, see when you bounce him back and forth, it's pretty line is already spinning, trying to learn the game, trying to figure out how I'm gonna stop these guys across from me that's been in the league five, six and seven years, who got tools in their tool bag, and you know at that are as strong, if not stronger, or more athletic than I am. But also, one day I'm learning tackle, one day I'm learning guard, one day I'm back guard, the other day I'm at tackled. And now I really can't I can't figure this whole thing out. But when you sit me in a place and you say, son, you're gonna be out left guard. There's a sense of ease that comes over you. You say, okay, now I can just focus in on this. I can focus in on all the small, little minute details on what it's going to take for me to be really good at that position. And I think that's why when we talk about well, just Talas Smith out, they're like, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, he's staying. This is where he's gonna stay. We'll figure the rest of this stuff out. We'll figure the other stuff out with Tuma, with tying or whatever it is. But we're gonna leave this right here, and we're gonna just keep letting these bricks build and build and build and build, and allow him to be so much better at this position in the bouncing him back and forth. When now the level of confusion can come into play, and now you mess it. You can mess You can mess a player round, You can mess a player up like that when the player isn't confident in itself, and and now they go out there and they give up two or three sacks, they start they get into their own mind and you can never get you can you can literally lose a good player mentally from something like that, I guess the break, I mean the.
Speaker 5: Chre.
Speaker 7: Now you're in the baseball.
Speaker 5: Ranger.
Speaker 4: Check the Rangers score.
Speaker 5: We'll come back.
Speaker 4: Take some phone calls when we come back.
Speaker 3: Right after this hanging with the boys, fall.
Speaker 2: Is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero but your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero is fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados. We'll score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 5: Grab some today.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 15: See if gig has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So, whether you're a diehard fan or a dog really care fan. We got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So. Whether you're here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after they seed geek You're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 16: How's Wingstop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy casun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 9: Back to hanging with.
Speaker 3: The Bulls, Welcome back each and every day. Our second segment here on Hanging with the Boys is brought to you by a blockchain dot com. Thank you block chain dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, before we kick off the next topic, let's take a few phone calls. Chris, who do we have on the phone?
Speaker 17: Antoine and Maryland Twin twe.
Speaker 4: Hello te there.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean hold on no oh no no no no no no no no, get us somebody else, man, please get us somebody else.
Speaker 4: All right, Chris, if you ever hear that again?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, now that I think about it, he might have been telling somebody to trying to talk to him.
Speaker 7: I know. I don't.
Speaker 5: Wow. Here we go, Arthur, He sprint text.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 12: What's going on? Gentlemen? You you look im gonna be real, real brief. I've been a coboy ever since I was seven years old and I'm sixty eight, so I done heard all the YAI and I've heard all the criticism and put downs and everything else. I've lived through all of that. Grabbed a hold of the Super Bowl victories when we had. Now San Francisco is a tough team. There's no denying that. The margin of victory between the two games that they played the two seasons prime they were right in there with them. Because of our own misques and backfires is what ultimately cost us the game. So people talking about being afraid of San Francisco, San Francisco, to be just as afraid of the cow The other the other point I wanted to make was, uh, something that Justin made to come in about a couple of days yesterday. I think it was, Uh, you can't coach designs and walk and and and uh that will catapult you into great if you got to coach, that's a waste of death. So no Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Thanks, thanks than absolutely thank you.
Speaker 7: So I'm loving what this gentleman saying.
Speaker 8: But sir, you're just left it just enough space as you doubt and won't to just enough space.
Speaker 5: Did you get it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: But my thing was, and it's not me, it's not me defending the Niners, but say it saying you lost twice.
Speaker 6: The Niners have the Ninus have no reason to fear you, not saying that they shouldn't respect you, but they big bro right now like that that is That's the thing. And and you know, when we talk about these miscues that happened in the Niners game.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of times.
Speaker 6: You know, we're talking about what well the miscues that happened in the Jets game and the Giants game. Yeah, we like the Cowboys caused those sad you know what I'm saying you, So we have to we have to look get that and go you know, yeah, we had some miscues, but some of those miscues were calls because of the Niners greatness. So and I'm not saying that the Cowboys cannot they are they are set roster wise man for man to go up and have a great battle against the Niners. But they have to prove to the Niners. The Niners have already proved twice that that they're the that they're the better team. Yeah, and now whatever happens this Sunday will change some things one way or anything.
Speaker 5: One way or the other.
Speaker 6: You will either continue to have doubt about yourself against this team or you will exercise.
Speaker 3: You will exercise right, So question about that, because you're right, they are big, bro. That's probably why I'm picking against the Cowboys on Friday.
Speaker 8: He's trying to heads up heads Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Change my mind, But go show me, go show me you've shown me that you can't be this team the last two times? How important is it mentally for this team to get over that hump and go on the road and beat them and say put the league on notice and go, we're for real this time? Or if you get beat again, how bad does that mess with you? And go, we just can't beat these jokers, like we everything we we can't get over the We can't beat them.
Speaker 4: And we gotta face them again to get the NFC Championship.
Speaker 10: You're gonna go, You're gonna get The road will go through forty nine ers eventually, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this is how important is that from.
Speaker 5: So you already gave the game away.
Speaker 7: The road will eventually go through them.
Speaker 10: You're gonna play it at some point. The forty nine ers are gonna be in the playoffs. Cowboys are gonna be in the playoffs. You're gonna have to but they can come to it could be.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Not it's gonna go through them.
Speaker 4: I gotta play them.
Speaker 9: But I'm saying you got no like.
Speaker 5: Technically, come home road is through When you.
Speaker 8: Play all of your priests, all of your postseasons at home, the road coming through you.
Speaker 7: You may stay after defeat them.
Speaker 8: But the road it is so much different playing at home.
Speaker 5: You yeah, well, they beat us at home.
Speaker 6: Remember they came back with the boom box and had super grillin what I'm saying they had.
Speaker 5: They had Jimmy.
Speaker 6: Garoppolo when you and this the superprivle and I were staying up.
Speaker 7: To them when I played and we went up to them.
Speaker 8: You have to be supremely confident because the adversity you're gonna face on the road is you don't get the recovery time that.
Speaker 7: Your fans give you at home. But when you have not won.
Speaker 8: You still because we had our first Super Bowl run, true super Bowl run, we knew how important it was to beat the giants up there.
Speaker 7: That's when em and heard his shoulder to brain this thing.
Speaker 9: To us that makes this game bigger than right.
Speaker 7: Disciple of don't touch this, don't you.
Speaker 5: Boys, boys where you came from the boys. He wanted to be slowly.
Speaker 4: From from the south side of this.
Speaker 5: To the sophisticated side.
Speaker 8: You know, I've talked to several people the same play on words. I've asked several shows, is are the challengers are the test? And you know and Broadest gave me the best soundser you know, you know brought it. He's gonna go into a spill. I mean, like, proud man, we got a podcast.
Speaker 5: You gotta what do you say?
Speaker 8: You just basically the run game. What does it take. They're gonna play bully ball, which you said a lot of times. They're gonna be physical.
Speaker 7: Uh. The main thing they do not fear. Our biggest fear.
Speaker 8: If you had to bring just this thing in house, one word, Parsons.
Speaker 7: That's everybody's biggest fear. That's facing the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Well you say Parsons and they locker room they be like, Okay, he's special.
Speaker 4: We got some things from I say, my god.
Speaker 5: But no.
Speaker 6: But but but I mean their conf their Supreme Conference come from. Well, okay, you guys have the next up and coming thing. We got the thing we literally we we have we we have seventy one's won't be out there, yeah, all unless something happened during the week, so they.
Speaker 4: Be afraid to punch you in the face.
Speaker 6: Either literally and figuratively on social media.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you gotta get that fifty y.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, I mean when you got Trent Williams out there, it's it's it's a different feeling.
Speaker 5: You go, you know what trick, you can take that.
Speaker 6: But no, you can go in the huddle at times and and and you can you can you can relate to this where sometimes your quarterback of your oh so, your head coach go, we need this.
Speaker 5: We need this down trick we were putting.
Speaker 6: We going three wide, ain't gonna be no help and Trent and go, I got you, and they can line up eleven out there. I'm not saying that Michael won't beat them or can't beat them, but there are some times when you get BECAUSEDQ can say the same thing, Michaeh need it, we need it right, And those are the level of players. When you talk to a Michaeh Parsons and you go, we need it and he can deliver it. When you talk to a Trent Williams, you go, we need it and he can deliver it. So you know it's great going on great. So a lot of times when that matchup happens, if it happens, when it happens, they sometimes can feel like, listen, we don't always have to.
Speaker 5: Give help over there.
Speaker 6: If we need to get all if we need to get everybody out into a route for a situational thing. We feel confident enough that seventy one on eleven will wash will wash out two great on greats and they'll just battle each other and then if we if we feel like we're losing, then we'll go and add help.
Speaker 5: But they feel like we're good. They feel the same way we feel.
Speaker 6: We good.
Speaker 10: Formula PFF has Trent Williams ranked number one out of seventy one good.
Speaker 6: This is because this game is going to matter. This game is going to This game is gonna matter mentally. It's gonna matter mentally.
Speaker 3: And is mentally you have to think this team's thinking what we're thinking.
Speaker 5: We hadn't beat these guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah we can't.
Speaker 4: We can beat these but we haven't. Like how big is that though? If they if they do beat them, is that huge?
Speaker 6: It's it's a confidence builder. But you also understand that.
Speaker 4: Now then you got a trap game the next week.
Speaker 6: But you but you know that, you know that in order to NAT's point earlier, you know that in order to get Jerry said this this morning, in order to get to Vegas, you're gonna have to beat this team twice. Right, You're gonna have to beat this team twice. You're gonna have to beat this team this week, and then you're gonna have to see them again at some point in time between now and EFAT.
Speaker 3: And you have to beat the Eagles at least twice, maybe three times.
Speaker 5: Tough roadway. It looks tough road to hoe.
Speaker 3: All right, one more call Chris and then we'll go to break who we got. We have Kyle at mcgiord Air Force Base and to come in Washington.
Speaker 4: Hey, okay, what's up Kyle. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 19: Thank you very much for the support. Sirs. I appreciate it. I know I sound like I'm twelve on the phone.
Speaker 12: That can.
Speaker 5: You said it. You said what I was thinking. It's all right, my brother. We thank you for your service though. That's all that matters.
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, No, I have a quick question. So I don't know. I watched all twenty two. Huge Dallas fan since birth, twenty eight came out the womb blacking Dallas Cowboys football. I saw Dak being able to pull the ball off his own read in the red zone. Why is he not doing Is that by design or is that because he's just not seeing it? Or what? Because I remember I think was Hindershot came over in motion and you after the play, he slapped from the chest, he and do what are you doing? I'm just curious on why we're not getting the zone reads in the red zone. That's my question.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thanks man, thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 6: When Dak is processing the the zone read of the r p O, it's you're playing off the defensive end, right, You're looking at the boxing and you're playing off the defensive end for whatever reason. And it's still a mystery to all of us. The rookie Dac is no longer there. The guy who will tuck the football and run on a consistent basis is no longer there. And we've we've tossed around the idea of is it because he wants to be known more as a passer? Is it because he fears of having another injury like he had against the Giants when he broke his ankle? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Could they have told him, hey, only run when you have to run?
Speaker 7: Could?
Speaker 5: We don't could they could have? They could have? Or he's just.
Speaker 6: There because of the injury, right, you know, I mean, there are we we've all been trying to process this thing.
Speaker 5: Of what is it?
Speaker 6: Because we all see it, We all go, man, you should you had the whole whole left side was wide open, the whole right side was wide up. Hey, just tuck the ball and run this time.
Speaker 10: Is there any chance McCarthy's saving his bag of tricks for a forty nine ers game?
Speaker 6: No, because this is because you wouldn't have run that extra point play. Yes, I mean because there are a number of times, even daty back to last year, we've been asking for when Dak Prescott bro break the break containment and go like, stop trying to live and die in the pocket, Like there are moments where you can just be an athlete and go pick up the first down, go pick up that much needed yard. Is you don't always have to try to be a pocket passer. So you know, to answer your question, brother, no one knows.
Speaker 4: You know how we can find out.
Speaker 3: Kurt tomorrow, to an open locker room, go up to Dak and say, why haven't you been running the ball?
Speaker 6: And that's that that's been snarky lately, that's been snarky lately.
Speaker 5: He knows you, that's DA's been snarky lately. He might he might know you. He might snap back, say.
Speaker 3: We have we have four theories on the show, and just make something up. Say here's a B C or d is it any of those? Just don't say snake bite, you don't go talk to it.
Speaker 4: We'll get somebody else to go ask.
Speaker 5: We'll get a beam to go in there.
Speaker 4: Now, all right, let's take our last break. When we come back, we'll get to some more antoine. We love you man, We're sorry.
Speaker 5: No, we're not We're not sorry. We're not sorry.
Speaker 7: At your phone, bro, you should have muted that phone.
Speaker 4: We love you callback some more calls like.
Speaker 7: Whooping your kids.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 17: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, that's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a pre style. Just like football.
Speaker 17: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescot's gonna run this him show, running up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 17: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 17: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 16: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough? Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 15: See Gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of you weak fan or haven't been here in years, see geek has you covered? Download the see geek after the seed Geek. You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 20: James right here. You're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 5: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought.
Speaker 3: To you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, we're talking.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the Button Up Boys.
Speaker 6: We're taking over Hanging with the Button Up Boys, bringing class at this place. You know what, classing you classing you bums.
Speaker 4: Up about this show a lot of things. But every one of us jumped.
Speaker 7: On him at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was no hesitation.
Speaker 4: Kurt, did you even jump in Yeah, yeah, it was it was no, it was just like you can't.
Speaker 5: It's like a parent.
Speaker 21: Yeah, did he get back in? Did he get back did he get back in? Or he can't make it? You guysn't gotta go back?
Speaker 3: Who we have?
Speaker 5: You're Eric in North Carolina? Hey boy, what's up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 5: Was going down?
Speaker 7: Not much?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 22: You take care of the kids.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 22: I've been listening to trying to get through you guys. Boys, man, but I just want to say, Cowboys for life. I think we're gonna win. I don't know why, how.
Speaker 4: But I think he's gonna get spoken like a true Cowboy fan.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but we outside showed me that we can do it.
Speaker 5: I hope you there you go.
Speaker 4: I hope you hope in one hand and then the other.
Speaker 22: Man, y'all keep bringing that thunder man. I'll be talking all throughout the season.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 22: I let y'all boys later.
Speaker 4: Man, all right, thank Eric, man, thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: All right. So, I don't know how, I don't know, but they gonna do it.
Speaker 4: They gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Kurt has a question he wants to know, and it seems like it probably happens all over the league, but it seems like Belichick was the master at this bringing in players.
Speaker 5: The week of that either got cut, doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter like Trey Lance being on this team does not matter. He doesn't have any insight or.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm I'm not being funny and I'm being dead serious.
Speaker 7: He could the grass the system.
Speaker 6: Nigga, Because my thing is always what what can they tell you that you can't see on film? That you one can't see on film? And then two what can they tell you that's going to help you? When George Kittle was running down at you, when Trick Williams grabs grabs a.
Speaker 3: Hersty McCaffrey Christian McCaffrey sixty in front of you, and you come out of your cleaton, So you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like it's it's and I get the whole hand sign thing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But really, so was that just a coincidence that Belichick or did it just is it obvious? When the Patriots I turned on the film week for.
Speaker 6: Those of you that watch all twenty two, Yes, those of you who watched all twenty two.
Speaker 5: You get you get two You get two looks.
Speaker 6: You get the side profile view of the of the length of the field, and then you get the back copy and when you get the back copy, if there is any hands signals that are going out there, I can see them, so you're I can see them and not get to put piece them together. There is nothing that when a player goes to another team that they're going to say, you know, hey, what is this is? It doesn't matter because when when when Michael Parsons is running at you, guess what, you're not thinking about.
Speaker 5: Hand signal? When Mike, when.
Speaker 6: Michael Parsons is lined over top of you and and he's doing that, you know, he's putting that foot in the ground and he's doing that.
Speaker 4: He's playing basketball, he's.
Speaker 5: Playing about the laughing you're thinking about is what did Trey Land say?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 6: You aren't thinking about that. You're thinking about God dag here the joke wer come again?
Speaker 12: Enough?
Speaker 6: So so yeah, when you hear those things and and it's a back and forth play because even I think Broughton shining shoten hammer come out like, yah, you know we might change the signal.
Speaker 9: Brothers.
Speaker 5: Ain't trying to change those singles.
Speaker 6: Man, Once I get something much work, Yeah, because such other stuff when you're getting the heat of the battle, if if so, like for example, when I played with Tony. When Tony will look outside, he will look at you and he would give you an open hand like you're giving an open hand like this, but down that meant run a go. Right, So now if we get into a game and for the last nine months that has meant a go.
Speaker 4: You're gonna probably run a go.
Speaker 5: If you change it.
Speaker 6: Up now and you're doing something like you're doing you're doing this, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like that was that? Oh it's too late.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you go with what you go and go like like Nate, like you know said about in the past, you know what's coming? Can you stop it? I'm gonna run this go now what now? What you're gonna do? What You're gonna get cooked or you're not gonna get cooked.
Speaker 8: The dude that came into the game against CD Lamb, he in his mind should have say, you know what, I don't care how he do it. He going deep, Well, it's a double move off the line. Whether he run raight to me where he's slating and go ahead, we all knew you do, dude. It just he couldn't stop it.
Speaker 6: When when the starter goes out and you had to come in into the new guy, it's almost unwritten cold.
Speaker 4: We're coming after you.
Speaker 6: If the starter goes out the best player, We're coming at you.
Speaker 5: Where are going to check to see if you actually don't play?
Speaker 8: Was you over there with your watching the game or was you continue to stay loose we go?
Speaker 6: Was you over there eating sunflower sea and thank you? Or was you locked in?
Speaker 4: All right, let's take one more call before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: Who we got Chris Mohammad and Kuwait, Hey Mohammed.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, guys, excuse me what I called? There's a three second delay tweet what I say and what I can hear you reply on. So uh sometimes you can ask me a question and I won't hear it till three seconds in. But after that last game, the one before when we lost, I realized how how right uh Nate was about drafting a uh an offensive lineman. And you know, looking at the San Francisco game, I don't think this Dallas Cowboys team is the same as the one that lost to them last year. I'd like for you guys to comment on that. But I have a question. What was it that Bill Belichick saw in the first series that made him call a time out and use prevent Dallas from scoring a touchdown. Thank you, guys, I'll listen.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bob.
Speaker 8: Now I'm gonna ask that that was his best and last and goodest decision of the whole game. Because over with Jesse about the coaches and players, don't ever think a coach gonna be that great. Just don't ever thank.
Speaker 5: You without great players.
Speaker 4: The players stopped.
Speaker 7: Them, not Belichick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the players, man, You line them up and great players make plays and.
Speaker 5: You get the credit for it. Yeah, you just get the credit for it.
Speaker 4: His other question, is this Cowboys team different this year?
Speaker 5: We're gonna find out?
Speaker 9: I want to if they're tough Enough's team different?
Speaker 5: Because we talked about how physicals, who are they built different?
Speaker 9: Are they built different? Now?
Speaker 5: Mentally? Yea, mentally we won't know.
Speaker 6: We won't know until you get into the ring with the bully, Like that's gonna tell the telle.
Speaker 3: Can you be like like Mike Tyson said, everybody got a plan.
Speaker 6: Like because if you're if you're looking to say, how can we judge ourselves?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, we well what we what we did the Daddy Dimes and the Giants we had there was zero resistance what we did to the Jets. There was zero resistance right we we we slipped up against the Cardinals, what we did to the New England Patriots, there was zero resistance. There was nothing in that game that made you kind of really have to pick yourself off the mat and and really figure out who you are. And like I said this, I said this two years ago. There is a difference between having tough players and a tough culture or a tough team. For a long time, the Cowboys had had a player or two that were just tough, but as a whole, they were not a physical, tough team.
Speaker 3: Let me ask y'all this, This will tell you a lot about what you think without having to say what you think. Do you think the forty nine ers have had a game in the last year or two that looked like our game against Arizona where they just missed assignments, were out of place, just looked like they lost.
Speaker 4: Their mind for a game.
Speaker 6: I mean, they haven't lost the they lost one regular season game since since brock Party has come in and take.
Speaker 8: Over that sometime against d Rams. If you go back and look at them play against d Rams, the Rams can make them, but not for the whole game, just parts of the game.
Speaker 7: And that that is.
Speaker 8: My issue with the Cowboys is not that they lost to the Cognis.
Speaker 5: It's how you lost, right, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, you want to get beat in this league, but you don't want to consistency of Okay, cowboys lost.
Speaker 7: I guarantee that they gave them one hundred and fifty yards Russian.
Speaker 5: That's that's just how it is.
Speaker 7: You know, Oh Cowboys out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one hundred and fifty yards rushing at least, That's just how you look at it. You know, guys, for freelancing on defense when you don't find that, you don't say that with this fortune, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't say that.
Speaker 8: You don't say God, well, guys, it's kind of lost concentration.
Speaker 4: I think that's the difference.
Speaker 10: They lost last year to the Bears, they lost to the Broncos, they lost to the Falcons.
Speaker 9: I mean they lost the Yeah, they shouldn't have lost.
Speaker 3: Too, But did they look did they lose, like Nate said, lose the.
Speaker 4: Way that we lost it Arizona. I don't know, because I don't watch enough their game.
Speaker 8: When you have went to the NFC Championship game and you've done it repeatedly, that means you've had a longer preseason than most. A lot of guys play one or two, I mean a long postseason than most. Gotta play one pre postseason game out out in each one of those games. When you play an NFC championship or a FC champion, that takes a lot out of you. That's why I didn't mind the two weeks. That that is a hurdle, that's hard to get over. But when you do it, going to that uh, that that that that super Bowl for the emotions, and you don't even know it because it feels so good that you're there. I don't know what the losers feel like. I'm just taking you from winning.
Speaker 4: Bringing it.
Speaker 5: I love it hard.
Speaker 7: But hey, yeah, but that's another story.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 4: Let's go, good show, fellas. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. Chris, Thanks for keeping us on.
Speaker 8: Come boys, We're gonna stay this side, gonna stay hanging with the boys you everyday.
Speaker 5: People that support us, keep calling these suits. We're gonna boys south side.
Speaker 3: Find Thanks for keeping Chris company, brother Will, Thanks for coming downstairs and saying hi yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's good seeing you again.
Speaker 8: You want to talk kid, talk with you, talk about babies.
Speaker 6: All right, if you ever git a black man with long hair to sit in for me one day, because car Bro will, don't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he ain't got no reason.
Speaker 4: We'll be back tomorrow same time as
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club