Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can. Because, let's be honest, br in, Earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, Hello, my witchy o poo, Hello, my ow, how are you? Oh my god? Okay, So I just have to say last week, last week's episode was quite quite traumatic for me, Let's be honest, But it's fine. Trauma is fine. Is what we're here for. I fully know that, I really do. Like that's the thing. People think the world is going to end when something hard happens, and it's like, I know what's not We just all have to make it through it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm picturing you know, we're not in this life yet, right, We're sitting at our table with our spirit guides, our energetic table in the the spirit world and planning our gifts, our karmic balancing adventures, our blind spots, our siblings or you know, we're planning all that and like and which trauma would you like?
Speaker 1: There's just like a menu.
Speaker 2: It's like a menu.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I was trying to pick college golf coach as one of mine. I mean, it's like, I didn't know that was on the menu. It's like it's like going into the big cheesecake factory menu of the sky and go to I didn't know they made that exactly. So I have slept quite a bit, So thank you for asking how I'm doing. I'm actually doing so much better. Uh yeah, right, sleeping is magic, and just understanding is magic. It just is. And there is one thing I wanted to add that I thought about, so I'm just gonna like continue just for a second. Is I hope that in no way, shape or form, I came off as a victim or dramatic in any of it, because I was totally cool with the choices that I made. It's just the outcome hurt. So I just want to make that part clear. I think i'd like afterwards as I was sleeping or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that. Yeah, I just think to you sharing your process.
Speaker 1: Okay, just as long as you think that, I'm fine, and the other twenty thirty ers of you all too, okay. Well, anyway, thank you for asking. It's uh, it is, and thank you actually because if not for you, I wouldn't actually have the answers. So I appreciate it very so much, so I don't even know how to express it. Probably through gifts of crystals. So that was coming in the mailstone. So today, though, tell me much today. So today we are we have an insider's insight, and it's not any lighter of a topic than last week was. It's just not mine. So nice.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a really great question that came in and it was also it is a great question, but it was a concerning question. And the umbrella is about generational trauma, which I have to be honest, I've only heard not in a spiritual well I guess everything's spiritual, but I've heard it through more of friends that parents were in the Holocaust or their family was in the Holocaust. So I've heard it of her generational trauma through that I haven't heard generational trauma when people go back into their KASHEK records, you know, with the person who's leading them is telling them, oh, well, you know you're hanging on to the generational trauma that your grandmother brought in that she was supposed to clear up but didn't. And I was like, hold the fucking phone, what have you ever heard that with these readings that anybody's done, and they're talking about generational trauma? And so this section I want to call factor fad. I know the answer. I think you do too, but let's talk it through because it feels a little I don't know what on the manipulative side, because how could that be bred?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean factor fad? Yes, right, guess what that's my answer.
Speaker 1: It's factually a fad. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we as we understand the imprint in the DNA is transmitted. Things are transmitted. We get family history for seven generations, right, that's so that that can that can be real. However, we get we don't get duplicative, we get varied. It's so it's not like I don't have the exact same DNA as my dad. I have the DNA of my mom and my dad, right, So it's not a duplicative like, but there is there are elements that get repeated within me, right, So that does happen, and that's why it after seven generations whatever that first generator, that DNA had been so mutated right as it went through seven generations, it wouldn't still resonate in the similar pattern by the eighth generation. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, it does, Okay, so.
Speaker 2: You still have an element of it, but it's not it's not as strong as a recognizable pattern. So that's why I say about that. However, when you are talking about someone else, saying to this person, your grandma's karma is your karma? That's bs.
Speaker 1: That's see, that's what I thought, Like, I've heard generational trauma in your explanation. Uh and actually my that my understanding of it are both I feel very accurate. But when but if you're if you're working with if you're paying somebody to work with you on you know, lives, things like that.
Speaker 2: And the past regressions, it's like there are great practitioners out there who can lead that hands down, and then there are others.
Speaker 1: But I think here's hey, let's just break this down a second, because what what this person was told was literally, your grandmother came in with something from a past life that she was supposed to clear up, didn't kind of passed it on to your mother, and now it's been passed on to you. I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, I thought, and this is again, you're the witch on the elf. I thought that with sometimes I'm right, which means that I'm in the elf, which I My understanding is, you know, if I have past karmic life, we all do, right, so not if when I have my own past karmic issues, those are for me to solve. I don't even know how I could pass them down unless somebody wanted them. You know. It's like, I don't know what that's my that's my point. It's like, it's like, why the fun anybody they everyone's got enough problems, Why the hell do they want mine? Or get cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do not need to import your other people's problems.
Speaker 1: So that's why I called a little like ugh, like the second I was reading this, and then I actually picked up the phone because I love when people send me phone number picked them the phone. I'm like, Okay, what the fuck? Help me understand this? And you know, and it's not like it's coming from a TikTok video, which it probably will now, but it is coming from a TikTok video or someone you don't know or spoken, you know what I mean, social media or the inn web. Whatever is this somebody like you pay. It's presenting as a professional and is telling you that you now are holding on to your grandmother's karmic lessons that she didn't resolve. For one is if you don't know any better, be pissed at your grandma.
Speaker 2: But it's like, yeah, go ahead create some intergenerational problems, I mean, for God's sakes. And we have to remind people, even when you're paying and receiving some of these services very spiritually charged, do not give away your power, trust your instincts. If something feels like BS, it's probably BS. Right. If something feels like a boundary violation, it's probably a boundary violation, and high tail it out of there. I recommend paying full for whatever service you get so that you don't have karma with this soul going forward. Right. That's my personal preference. Not everyone will do that depending on what happens, but you know, right because I'm just like, yeah, I'm just like I want things clean, clean, clean, going forward. So I'm teaching Terra one right now online right that class is going on live right now. Oh my god. I love this class so much. And one of the things we're talking about is just when you do a reading before your client shows up or calls in or however you know the client's presenting, use it. You drop grounding chords, you put up your prayers of protection, you get really centered, and you pull your energy way back and you remove even if it's someone you know, you remove your bias, you remove your your hidden agenda, like even if it's hidden from you, just like no, no, no, and just focus on reading the cards. You don't judge them how they present. You have to check your off about what stories you're telling, about how they present, what they look like, and then you just show up and you start reading the cards. And it's so important, Like people are not always that clean when you're getting readings, whether it's past regression or whatever reading, but it's just super super important.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to be real honest, I think there's people who you know they deceive to make money. I think that there are people you know, it is real, you know, I think that. You know, I dealt with someone years and years and years ago who had her own issues about money and tried to put those issues on me, and I'm like, I don't. This is not my issue. This is your issue, and for you a gifted person, but a gifted person who was really struggling with a part of her earthly life. And once I was able to really see it, in fact, Suzanne saw it too. We both were talking about it's like, wait a second, that person said that to you. I also got a different version of this. This is not our issue, this is that person's issue. And so again sometimes I think it is like with this situation Suzanne and I had, I don't think it was meant to be evil. I think it was.
Speaker 2: People are confused, are confused, and they don't they don't have the self awareness. They maybe weren't taught how to hold boundaries, how to be aware of their own biases, because that's that's hard work. But you just have to check yourself and go, what's the what's the exact information I'm getting instead of projecting it and filling in energetically filling in you know, just things that you think would be nice for the person as opposed to know what's the information I actually received. It's super important.
Speaker 1: And not for nothing. If you all have been listening to our show for the last five years, you have learned a lot, and you have learned things like if it's your karma belongs to you, you have learned boundaries, and so you can take this information and once you walk away or in the moment, be like, you know this doesn't feel right, because how could this be? The math doesn't work? You know it does.
Speaker 2: There is no new math.
Speaker 1: There's no new math. There's no planet B and there's no new math. And it's like, so I mean because that's where when I was listening, my my instinct, my gut was like, oh hell no. And then I'm like, it's so hell no that the math doesn't where you started thinking about, it's like these are my lessons. I'm like, I can't pass I A why would I be? How could I? And if you take on somebody else's shit, guess what your next life is going to be. It's going to be about boundaries because it's not meant for you.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's what I tell people because they're like, well, I don't want to tell someone this bad news. I'm like, first of all, it's not bad news, it's information. And b if you, if you withhold what you got, you are taking on their karma, right, don't do it. Don't just don't do it. So just read the damn cards. That's the mantra.
Speaker 1: Read the damn cards and listen with Listen with with boundaries, you know, listen.
Speaker 2: With honoring your own knowing too.
Speaker 1: You got to honor your knowing. A little skepticism never hurt anybody a lot, but a little has an art, like, there's very here. I'm the one who actually could use a little bit more sometimes. So that's why I say that I'd like to trust people because I feel like I'm trustworthy. So I feel like a sight no, no, no, I can't do that. So anyway, little skepticism doesn't doesn't hurt. So anyway, that's so, let's great question. It's a fact, and it's a fad. So but the part, yeah, but the word about other people's karma does not belong to you. You got enough of your own ship. You got a fucking garbage truck full we all do.
Speaker 2: So okay, I think we did that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we'll take a break. We will, I'll quit beating that dead karmic lesson and we'll be back in a second, y'all, and we are back, everybody. You Alpha, I still find ways to entertain brand in our breaks. We had another question and it was I, you know, I it's funny. I guess I brought it up to you, Brenda, and I'm like, so here's the other question that we got. And You're like, haven't we addressed that? And I'm like, yeah, but we probably addressed it in long form, and I think this was more of a short form question, which is, you know, can you not by sign but just give more explanation or give a brief contained explanation to what our sun sign means, what our rising means, and what our moon means.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so okay, I think we did do a long version, but you know, I probably rambled so top line people. I mean, I don't ramble like my elf does. She's much more entertaining. I just want to I just close my eyes and you know, off, I go. Okay, So the basics when you are starting to you know, fall in love with astrology is the sun moon and rising, Sun moon and rising? What's your sun moon and rising? You know, you basically can't have a conversation with someone who's you know, under the age of thirty unless you know your sun moon rising because that's what they want to lead with you, correct, which is awesome And they all and they all know, which is which makes it so fun because I'm like, oh, okay, got it. Now I know how to talk to him. So it's fun and well, you'll have to do the background. But knowing what your sun moon rising is is your son is what people see because it's an illuminary the sun. If you if you were on for the eclipse when the Sun was covered by the moon, you could feel how fast the earth cooled, right because it didn't have we didn't have the light, we didn't have the heat. And so it's the sun isn't the biggest star there is and right, so it's literally illuminary you can see it. So the sun is the personality of what people can see from you. Does this make sense?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Can I just interject a quick story because this is fabulous? And no, because you talked about the eclipse, and my cousin Tom came over yesterday who lives in Albuquerque, so he came over just to hang out with us yesterday and he showed us a video he went to Buffalo, New York during the eclipse, which was one hundred percent, So we had a video that showed before it started. And then I mean it was pitch ass black.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's got some dark right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it was. And he goes and he said it got cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm like, we were not touching it. Yeah, we were like close, Yeah, you were close. Yeah, ninety nine pin something three, but it still got cold. It dropped at least by ten degrees like that.
Speaker 2: It was so fast. And remember, so the sun is what people see from you, literally what they see from you. Okay, So that old saying, don't put your life under a bushel, right, you can't when it's their son, like everyone sees it. So go So all you do is you look up about your son sign and you're like, yeah, how do how do I think people see this about me? Right?
Speaker 1: So that's my favorite game when people say, well, what's your sign? What's your you know, son's sign? And I'm like I'd like for you to guess, and nine out of ten get it right? Who know anything about them? It's like, so they know they it's like.
Speaker 2: We just because it's what they say, it's.
Speaker 1: Totally what they see. I also ask them when somebody asked me my middle name, I'm like, I want you to guess, and can I tell you it's one hundred out of one hundred because Julianne. It's like it's every day, every Julie's mostly middle name is and anyway, So those are my two obvious things. But yeah, but people who know, they're like, oh, yeah, you're totally Leo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I am, yeah, right son. And the sun rules Leo. Right, so the sun is most ignited, most exalted in the sign of Leo. Right August Yeah, well July too, but.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, babies, it's August. See that's a Leo. Move.
Speaker 2: Yes, the world, the universe world revolves around me.
Speaker 1: That le.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on to the moon. The moon is the house and the sign that the moon is in is how we generally process our emotional world. Right, So that's what the moon is. It's how we engage, it's how we want to be spoken to, you know, to connect with is surrounded by the house, right or that song, So it's my moon is inaquarius.
Speaker 1: So how does that translate for you? Like, what is that?
Speaker 2: What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 1: So it does, I mean curious. I've just tried to place it in this context.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so I like taking care of groups, right, I like to taking care of tribes. It means I'm sensitive to people being treated equally, right that they the hierarchy is sometimes harsh to me. I want everyone's needs to be you know, like taken care of and acknowledged is equal. So that's that's important to me.
Speaker 1: And see everybody is the same.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it doesn't like positions don't really matter to me, like you know, well we'll just he or you know, we're all on the on the crazy bus together. So so that's so that's how you that's one way to look at Aquarus. Now what I don't have in Aquarius like so so because that's how I process emotions. I'm sensitive to the collective, right, So going out in groups in like massive groups, like I watched the eclipse from the balcony because that's and emotionally safe for me, right as opposed to going to the park where everybody was, you know, like I did. That doesn't feel emotionally safe to me. It's too much emotion for me.
Speaker 1: But do you think that is is that more signed driven or is that more like your nature of being so intuitive and psychic is like you just because too many people get overwhelming and so can we can have like those aspects don't all have to be bullet points and everybody checks all of them off. You have other reasons for why maybe you don't fit in a hundreds than to a sign, right.
Speaker 2: Right, And and that's very aquarian, right, aquarium is like the island of misfits. We don't actually fit, you know, we're nerdy, we're goofy, were just one peg off, you know, like that is kind of the aquarian. Yeah, so that's just one way to think about it. So again, this is the you know, how we process our emotional world. It is like that. And then the rising sign is the sign the sign that was on the horizon when you were born, right when you when when you landed in her school boom that moment, whatever planet was on the horizon or whatever sign was on the horizon, that's uh, you know what your what your rising sign is. That's what they call it the rising sign, because the planet wasn't coming up or the sign was coming up. So the rising sign represents a sort of your your what's underneath the person, right, So there's a soul aspect to it, and some would say it's what you want to be developing more of, not just hiding behind the sun sign because it's easy. So that makes sense. And it's also like innate gifts you have that you can lean into and count on even if you don't develop them completely, but you can develop them, but you're just probably really good at it. So if there was a sign that was about good hand eye coordination, that would be yours.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what's funny, is I I have great affection for my rising sign because it is there are ass oh yeah, there's so many aspects that I love about it. And it's Sagittarius, and it's like it's so playful and it's so times not serious and from the playful part of it, right, but still very much weirdly aligned with the Leo. Like it's a funny.
Speaker 2: It's like a it's a fire sign.
Speaker 1: It's a fire sign, and to me.
Speaker 2: It's double's fire sign.
Speaker 1: Is that surprising?
Speaker 2: No one's surprised by this.
Speaker 1: I would be surprised by it at all. But I also know and love so many sadges and it's a really interesting thing. I mean, I love everybody, but like there's an ordinate amount of sadges that I love in this world. And I just think it's interesting and I just but is it? And also I wonder, and I've wondered this in my own head, not just out loud right now because of course my moon is Jim and I so have to talk everything through. Is I wonder if it's a little bit of that you know, we always want what we don't have kind of thing, like you kind of wonder and I'm like, I wonder it's a little bit of my sage. It's like I just got a little bit more that. I mean, it's stupid, I understand, which is fair. Hey, this this this episode is going to be way lighter than the last one. So everybody's welcome. Well, no crying, no crying. In this podcast.
Speaker 2: You also have Mars on your rising right, and Mars it is Mars rules Air, which is the third rising, the third fire sign. My god, that's exact yeah, so you've got fire on fire on fire. So that's what I have to say about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, and swimming is good, yes, that's exactly right. Yeah, and lots of water.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, yeah, yeah, I will never use so funny. I still have to tell everybody. And I've probably said this before, but just makes me laugh so hard. We were we went out to eat somewhere and I asked if they had tabasco sauce, and you looked at me and you said, you do not need to be eating that. You are enough fire, do not need to be consuming it.
Speaker 2: It's true. I do not lie. I wasn't judging. I was just informing you.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with her. It was a hilarious like, oh no.
Speaker 2: I'm got off that if I were you, she was going to spontaneously combust in front of me people. So hopefully that gives you an idea of your like. So, first of all, I just want to point out, as Hagetaish, you love to talk about all things philosophically human nature, like this is one of the things uh Sad loves to talk about, right, just like how people function. Right, So that even if you didn't formally study it, you just like to talk about it, and like that's for me. My rising sign is Virgo and I love talking about the body, right right.
Speaker 1: It makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: Right Literally, I'm trained in three different criminocycral schools and reiki and then all these other modalities and healing touch and you know, like like I'm certifying like eight different hands on healing techniques, which I don't like even have a you know, I shut down my healing practice during COVID and I haven't opened it back up. But I'm still like always studying. So said, well, what are you studying? Well, and I'm studying a new healing technique. You know why I'm not even practicing. I'm just always fascinated by.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, And yeah, and I study more about how we behave.
Speaker 2: And why, yeah, cultures.
Speaker 1: The emotions outside of us. Yeah, but I'm fascinating in fact, I just it's really funny. Our gay boyfriends here in Santa Fe named Darryl and Mike, and Darryl sent me a text yesterday and he's like, hey, we miss you girls. Da da da da da. We just had met a new acquaintance Da da da da da. And I wrote back, so, well, tell me about this new acquaintance. And of course, I said, and she better not be a lesbian because that box has been checked. And the Leo comes out, and yeah, totally, so actually mind Leo and my sage came out because then I said, and he told me that what she specializes in, and she specializes in so it's about brain function and about how brain function drives our personality and all this kind of stuff. I said, ooh, can I meet her? I said, I'm super fascinating this, I promise. So it's like I get it, like it's that, it's that hunger. It's that thing that you hunger for.
Speaker 2: It's like a constant drone underneath. It's just totally it's just kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so much fun. Okay, well that's a great explanation. And to answer some questions for making appreciate that, we'll be right back everybody for part three. All right, ya, we are back. Did I say? All right ya? All right? Ya are right. I don't know where they came from. All right, ya, it's a little bit Minnesotan in a mixed up way. He's wrong with me. Oh, it's what happens when I get sleep, like I feel great sleep and protein. Okay, so right at YOUA Part three? Is I heard a rumor that you're going back to Eslain. I would really like to know what you're teaching when it is, and if I can somehow coordinate a work meeting in California to come say hi, So, so what are you doing? Is it any different? I mean, your stories from there are some of the most amazing stories I've ever heard. I feel them when you tell them, so I'm really excited to hear about it.
Speaker 2: It's such an amazing place, right ESA's so magical, it's so powerful. I was trying to explain to someone how raw the energy is there. It's just like so raw, it's palpable and really compelling. But yes, I am going to back. Thank you for asking about that. So I'm going back in June and I'm teaching working with your spirit guides. So that's what's on deck. And it's June tenth through the fourteenth. So yeah, it's coming up. It's coming up fast, It's coming up real fast. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so France.
Speaker 2: But but for Sagittarius, you can travel from one side of the globe to the next satirizing. But yeah, so what's so great about this class? Just so people know, I mean we first of all, you get to meditate every day and go meet guides. How bad is that? It's a great day. And we get to listen to other people's stories as they're discovering it, Like you get really inspired by what's happening in the room they're healing, that happens, that the vibe is so sweet. It's just like, you know, we really cook it up so that it's super exce essibel to do this spiritual work. It's kind of fun. So I'm really excited to be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, the dates are again June.
Speaker 2: June tenth through the fourteenth, and it's dot org. I think, yeah, e S I have to close my eyes to spell its a L E N dot org Ourslin Institute dot org one of those two. We'll get you there, y'all.
Speaker 1: Just google the ship out of it. It'll tell you. Yeah, and then you have to probably book pretty early to get a place to stay. Right. Hasn't that always been the issue? Is that?
Speaker 2: How it goes really fast? Yeah, it goes really fast.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and what a pretty pretty time to be there?
Speaker 2: It's such a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the central coast of California. Sweet. Oh god, it's magnificent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really sweet. So yeah, so that's that.
Speaker 1: Okay, connect with your spirit guys, y'all. Yeah, check it out on the Google machine. Okay. So, hey, no crying today. And we know our sun moon rising in more detail, like the definitions of it. And we also know if somebody tries to convince us that we have to take on a relative's karma, that they are full of shit.
Speaker 2: So that is a.
Speaker 1: Summary of today, because our school.
Speaker 2: Is hard without the support of your crafty elf and the other side. Thanks everybody, Thanks y'all, Thank you for joining us. Everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us well we guide you.
Speaker 1: Hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at Vibes dot Store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories.
Speaker 1: And remember, our school is hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.