Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong, Andy and he Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Christmas is Getting Closed live from Studio c C S or a dimly lit room deep with from the powers of the Armstrong and Getting Communications Compound. Hey, y'all, kicking off a brand new week. We're under the tutelage of our general manager. The Syrian rebels, those rebels and those were, but not those rebels except those rebels up there, Yes, up with them, and not the other ones. HTF is that the new letters we're supposed to know HTS isaid?
Speaker 1: Is it HTS?
Speaker 2: And it is not a K pop band. It's not a boy band HTS. That's different. Yes, that's our new group we got to know about.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one one's kind of tough looking and the other ones like effeminate and the ones really athletic.
Speaker 1: It's not like that. It's not a boy band. Okay, it's a it's a.
Speaker 2: Group of people that overthrew Bashar Assad in Syria. And here's one thing I think what the world has learned. You can't see these things coming. Apparently that is not a noble thing when a revolution is about to happen, because I've never seen one predicted anywhere close to accurately thus far in my life. They come out of nowhere, and in retrospect everybody points to all the little things, Well, this has happened.
Speaker 1: Then then then this is will let to do it. But nobody saw it coming.
Speaker 2: Right well, and when people do see it coming, like in the case of a Russian invading Ukraine, nobody believes you well because it's it seems so crazy. Yeah, you're right. The CIA gets regularly blamed for not catching the fall of the Soviet.
Speaker 1: Union well after watching I don't know how many.
Speaker 2: Different regimes fall since then in my life, nobody predicted those either. They're just something goes on eternally. There's something in the wind, there's some there's something happens where everybody says, are you over this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm over it too. Are you thinking the same thing? I'm thinking? That happens on.
Speaker 2: Some level apparently, and all the fighters in Syria thought, nah, I'm not fighting back anymore, forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: And I've heard it described by somebody who took in intelligence briefings that one of the problems with it that don't that doesn't often come up, is that you will have a certain number of people saying it's absolutely rock solid, a certain number of people saying it's about fifty to fifty, and a certain number of people saying, oh, the other things absolutely certainly happened. And so yes, people did predict it, but other people said it absolutely won't happen.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I was watching Bob Richard Haas, who used to run the Council on Foreign Relations, on MSNBC today. He said he was in Syria recently talking to or in the Middle East recently and leaders from various countries telling him one of the things you Americans need to do is get over your hatred of sod. He's not going anywhere and you need to learn to work with him. So you can blah blah blah, this is just weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it goes to show you there's no predicting this stuff.
Speaker 1: Apparently, well, Assad didn't predict it.
Speaker 2: Evidently is he didn't have time to get a lot of his swag out of the country.
Speaker 1: Oh, my collection of cars, among other things.
Speaker 2: I really would like to have seen him riding a bayonet down the street like happened to Gaddafi in Libya, or hanging upside down by his heels or something like that, one of those gruesome deaths.
Speaker 1: A lust for the moment.
Speaker 2: Abs a freaking lutely that guy is responsible for the deaths of at least a half a million people. Awful human beings should meet a violent end. He shouldn't get to live in some villa in Russia until his old age, like he's probably gonna get to do.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's because I watched least the first part of the movie Napoleon over the weekend, and the movie opens with Marie Antoinette getting her head cut off. That's what usually happens to despised king's dictators when they're overthrown. And Aside was able to escape somehow in the middle of the night and get to Russia. And yeah, he did run fast. They were in his I saw some video. They were in his kitchen and there was like pots boiling on the stove. I mean they were cooking him dinner when they all ran out of the place.
Speaker 1: That's that's how little time they had.
Speaker 2: So speaking of which, my favorite bit of video that's emerged from this whole thing is folks are going through the presidential palace and ransacking it, mostly just being tourists and posting for selfies at his desk and stuff like that. But my favorite clip was this guy's walking through looking around. He's munching on an apple.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It just struck me as so amusing. Hey, you want to go down and check out the old dictator's palace. Yeah yeah, but I'm a little peckish. Let me grab a little snack enjoy on the way.
Speaker 1: So she's just looking around at the palace, munched an apple.
Speaker 2: Well, I love this sort of stuff and took in a tremendous amount of news coverage yesterday. The La Times got an interesting story out today in Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA. That is going on to a certain extent, as you have different parts of the country controlled by different people, and in some cases.
Speaker 1: We're very different goals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in some cases we're back in all of the groups against each other, at least more currently until we change our mind. So that's where it gets very complicated. Trump put out a strong statement yesterday that even Ian Bremmer agreed with about how devastating this was to Russia and how devastating it was to Iran, and how we should stay out of this for at least the time being until you see how things sort out. Yeah, I could absolutely turn into a pit of chaos like Libya. But HTS again not a K pop band, their leader, and they were considered they are considered a terrorist group. He formerly had ties to al Qaeda in ISIS. He broke those off years and years ago. He's going around saying, look, we got to have diversity in this country. We're gonna protect religious minorities. We're gonna keep it cool, all right, there's not some sort of crazy ass Islamis thing, which is exactly what you'd say if you're a crazy ass is lambist and wanted to get supportive more martyr factions.
Speaker 1: Or he might be sincere.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that take, just because I was thinking about I don't remember al Qaeda leaders, ISIS leaders, Hamas has bought any of those people ever, saying Iranian, I don't remember those people ever saying anything like that. All they ever say is death to all infidels. The one in true religion is Islam. They just never I don't remember those people ever saying we will be open to all sex and religions. And in the West they do all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not in the Middle East though, Well right, but see that's what I'm saying. It's possible this guy's more sophisticated. He understands the game better than the wild eyed lunatics. Well, well, see, we do have a as of today, like as of this minute, the United States has a ten million dollar bounty on his head because we consider him one of the.
Speaker 1: World's leading awful people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I would think we need to figure out fairly quickly whether we want to change that stance or not. He are good friends. The Turks, of course, are backing some of the people who we oppose the most vehemently. This new guy, Muhammaduah what's his name, who I had never heard of and most of you haven't hadn't either before yesterday. Another thing that he mentioned in his speech, I was completely unaware of this. He said, we are going to get rid of captigen. I had never heard that word in my life. It is the drug that has just devastated the Middle East. It's they're fentanyl. It's a lot like mel and Asad was making a tremendous amount of money on it and had a lot to do with it spreading all around the Middle East. All countries in the Middle East are just being wiped out by this captigen drug.
Speaker 1: Their youth.
Speaker 2: They're you know, people are selling it and it's getting into regular drugs and people are dying. I was completely unaware of that story. Yeah, and your Islamist groups are using it to make money too. Of course their fighters aren't allowed to take it. It's you know, it reminds me of various things happening in the West where they're more than willing, well, like China's more than willing to poison our people. But you get caught with it in China.
Speaker 1: They'll kill you. But anyway, Yeah, yeah, an evil guy a sod.
Speaker 2: It's just stunning that people like that can still exist on planet Earth. And I, you know, at some point I should get over it. I suppose it's because it's never going to change.
Speaker 1: How about strapped to a post in the sun, let the crows pack out his eyes. I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'd be perfectly fine with that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but there's lots of guys like that around the world.
Speaker 1: You know, He's not the only one. There's lots of In fact, the people that took over might be just like that. So who knows Africa is thick with them? For instance? Now, I just.
Speaker 2: Saw a former diplomat of some sort I don't remember which stripe on one of the cable news channels saying this is as big as the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 1: That seems like a heck of a lot to say. It might be.
Speaker 2: With the idea that it could be the end of Iran at least as we know it. And if it's the end of Iran as we know it, then it could be the end of Putin.
Speaker 1: And Russia as we know it.
Speaker 2: Combination of factors, including the devastation of Hamas and Hesbela and then cutting off the landline to supply Hesbelah in Lebanon, has seriously seriously weakened Iran, not to mention Israel, exposing them as a paper tiger in terms of air defenses and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it could. It could be really really big in that way.
Speaker 2: It could be a huge step toward peace in the Middle East and an alliance between.
Speaker 1: Israel and the Gulf States or not. What I've got.
Speaker 2: A great quote somewhere learned and wizened hand in the Middle East who says, who said, essentially good news has a way of turning into bad news very very quickly in this part of the world. Yeah, it's too bad that that is the case. Well, that's just the truth of the history of the world. It's very difficult to end up with what we ended up with. After you have a revolution of some sort where you end up with a stable, safe democracy. The French revolution didn't go that way, the Russian revolution didn't go that way, and a gazillion other revolutions and tiny countries that you've never heard of, it didn't go that way. Somebody's got to be in charge, and it's a battle to see who's going to be in charge, right. Final note, this is a hell of a blow toward to putin in Russia, which had tried to portray itself as a stalwart and dependable ally. If you cast in with Russia, we never let you down, we never leave you on your own. And an assad faced an attack in Russia's like, yeah, busy in Ukraine, can't help click and the down goes a Soad but opened the door to Asad and his family to come live there in Moscow. And so maybe the dream is for Putin to fall and then he dies and Assad dies all in one wonderful afternoon one of these days.
Speaker 1: Wow, well it's worth hoping. I'd be fan. So Christmas miracle.
Speaker 2: We're hoping to talk to at least one, if not two, of our military analysts about what's going on over there. We do have nine hundred US troops in Syria. We bombed seventy five different sites yesterday in Syria, so to say we're not involved at all, obviously would be a lie.
Speaker 1: That's a fair amount of bombing.
Speaker 2: Well, right, with the Assad regime gone and no defense of their territory, anybody who's got a gripe, including us with ISIS is saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well maybe now is a good time.
Speaker 2: And as I just said, the fact that we're backing the CIA's back in one side and the Pentagon's back in another side with some of those rebels, that's a pretty complicated thing. How ABOUTNY, how about we start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is a Monday, December nineteen or twenty twenty four. We are mstrong in getting we approve of this program. Let's be get officially according to FCC rules regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 3: I think if you run the numbers here, you know, twenty five percent chance it turns out really well and there's a secular country kind of emerges. I think twenty five percent it shuts down pretty quickly as Chiahatas takeover. Maybe a fifty percent chance it looks like Libya, which is an ongoing state of conflict.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's seventy five percent bad news, twenty five percent likelihood of good news. Hello, even the bad news is bad for Iran and Russia. So sure how good news is good? How does mailbag look?
Speaker 1: It's good? Good for Monday? Very strong.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the decent people of Syria who just want to have a live, good lives. But you were only interested in America first because you're wearing your Maga hat.
Speaker 1: You're right, I am chasing.
Speaker 2: We have a mail bag on the way and a bunch of other stuff to catch you up on. Here's our text line four one five two nine five kftcarm Strong Christmas.
Speaker 1: Two weeks from Wednesday. That's too close. I would like to move that back a little bit, like an extra week.
Speaker 2: That'd be all right, certainly, I think we can work something out. Speaking of which your freedom loving quotes of the day, I'm gonna go all sentimental on you and do some quotes about family between now and Christmas, which which you know it could easily every single one of these could start a very long conversation about the nature of family and function and dysfunction, and and and and love and discord and a thousand other things, I suppose, But I just like this one from Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox. Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, mail bag, you can drop this note mail bag at Armstrong and get he dot Calm type away.
Speaker 1: Keep it brief. If you ken this from side Urder radio commercial.
Speaker 2: The other day that the Trans Siberian Christmas Show is coming down yay. At lunch, one of my adult children asked, does that have something to do with the gender thing? Is this the Trans Siberian Orchistrum? Which is a joke I think I made a week ago, but that would be the first If you don't know that act that would be the first thing you would think. So it's a bunch of dudes dressed as chicks playing metal Christmas music from So No, it's across Siberia.
Speaker 1: Yes, moving along.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that sort of thing, Linda writes, you have to love how the left constantly changed the meaning of words. They manipulate them like sculptors with clay, Like Rob Banta, California's crook Attorney General posted on Twitter, Laws such as Tennessee's Senate Bill Number one, the trans Kid Bill, are dangerous and discriminatory by denying transgender youth the critical life saving care they need. Life saving Show me one minor has been rushed to the er because they need hormone surgery stat or the hormone therapy stat. I want Bompton to name one child who's been hooked up to life support while they await a team of surgeons who can remove their genitals. Well, let's really got ridiculousness that they'll kill themselves if we don't do this. So sure, even if you accept the false premise that transgender care prevents imminent suicide, can't the same be said of other things like humor.
Speaker 1: I've gone through extremely.
Speaker 2: Difficult times in my life when I didn't think I could go on, Watching comedy got me through it. Does that mean Conan O'Brien's YouTube channel's life saving care? Can I get Blue Cross to pay for my YouTube premium subscription or.
Speaker 1: A stiff drink? Is that life saving care? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel better now? Yeah, daddy needs his medicine. Ryan from Houston, guys seeing how on? So social media apparently vigilante justice and assassination are back on the menu. Talking about that healthcare executive? Can we get the official okay list? Clearly, white male healthcare CEOs are cool, But if they are a woman or another race.
Speaker 1: Does it have to be healthcare bureaucrats? We are doomed.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, we'll have to talk more about that later. First of all, it's an interesting who done it? And then secondly, the sociological aspect of people happy about assassinations now being a thing.
Speaker 1: Right, let's see do we have time for this.
Speaker 2: Don't blame Joe Biden for not getting out and for pardoning his son the way he did, writes JT and Livermore. Blaming Joe Biden for being Joe Biden is insanity. The left leadership knew what and who Joe Biden was when they put him to the top of the ticket in twenty twenty. They did so because the communist brend Sanders was actually on track to get the nomination, and they had Trump derangement syndrome. But I want to get to the good part. But none of that was a mystery in twenty twenty. Was Biden a known corrupt politician twenty twenty that might need to pardon somemmer all of his family?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Was Joe Biden a serial liar chased out of the Potis race multiple times for plagiarism, lying, and generally a low high Q.
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: So who's really to blame for Joe Biden not getting out of the race? Center, who's really to blame for Joe Biden doing what he everyone thought he'd do and pardoning Hunter? More of the news of today, biggest sports contract in the history of sports, and a bunch of other stuff to tell.
Speaker 1: You about Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Two new photos of a man police are calling a person of interest in the murder of United Healthcare CEO Ryan Thompson on a midtown Manhattan street. They're from a taxi cab the same cab. Police say he took to a bus terminal after the murder, Police saying they think he's left New York City. This weekend, police found new evidence a backpack they believe belongs to the suspect. When they revealed what was inside a jacket and monopoly money.
Speaker 2: So nobody knows if that's because he's a crazy person or if that was some sort of clever comment on Yeah, it sounds it feels like that to me. It was going to be part of the whole messages on the Bullets Theater. Several things about this story are interesting. Will delve into the glee at the assassination of a guy who runs a health insurance company. We'll get into that whole thing later because that is just freaking horrifying if we go down that road. But New York is one of the most surveiled cities on planet Earth, certainly outside of China. I didn't know you could shoot somebody in the middle of the day on a major street in New York and get away. I wouldn't have guessed you could. No, No, I'm surprised at that. And then also the fact, as a libertarian who worries about government power, a lot, because what we got now is nice, but you can end up with something closer to asad pretty easily over a couple of decades. And having the infrastructure to be surveilled at this level where there's just cameras flipping everywhere getting pictures of you or a video of you in major cities, it's just ah, who ever end up with a government that really wants to keep a track of a certain kind of person. We've certainly put the infrastructure in place right right. It's frustrating because some of the things we talk about a lot, which involve cultural norms and policing small things, so people never get the idea that they can do big crimes. For instance, letting go of that culture of lawfulness leads you to a spot where you have so much damn crime. People think, yeah, I want cameras, Yeah, I want the what's it called the shot spot or the audio system. Yeah, we need these things to keep ourselves alive. Government intrusion, Yeah I get that, but I want to be alive. So yeah, you just paint yourself into a corner where your solutions are bad. Oh and also there's breaking news today that there are NYPD in Atlanta for some reason on this story, So maybe something will come out of that Later today, I do want to talk more about the assassination of that healthcare guy and the reaction to it online, but also in terms of how much ignorance is being displayed. And I excuse people for this because the media never writes about this or very very rarely does, the unholy horrific interaction between government and specifically Obamacare and Congress and private healthcare and insurance. It is an unholy relationship which forces the private insurance companies to do things that they would not normally do. So if you think, you know, I got denied or whatever and it sucks and I'm angry, well yeah, you've got to look at Congress and people don't understand that. So maybe we'll get Craig gott Wallace on to talk about that later this week or talking about our anyway, We're going to talk to a couple of our favorite military analysts about what's going on in the Middle East, because the United States is involved. Absolutely, we have troops there and did a lot of bombing yesterday in Syria, for instance. So that'll be at least an hour two. I hope you can catch that an economic thing that I find interesting. Last week I was bemoaning the fact that I did not buy bitcoin. Even if I had bought bitcoin after the first time I bemoined bitcoin.
Speaker 1: After the election, I still would have done well.
Speaker 2: And then I hit one hundred thousand dollars last week and whatever. But this article on the Wall Street Journal young men are making risky bets on crypto and politics and raking it in right now, I thought was an more interesting sociological story than financial story about the way young men feel in this country. And as a guy who's raising a couple of young men, it worries me a lot. And did you know this if you had a hypothetical portfolio.
Speaker 1: Of course nobody would have this, so it's a little unfair.
Speaker 2: But if you had a hypothetical portfolio hole equal amounts of bitcoin, gold, the meme stock game stop, and the sports betting stock draft kings, you were to return sixty two percent so far this year.
Speaker 1: That has tripled the.
Speaker 2: Returns of a traditional portfolio that most of us have. Sixty percent stocks, forty percent bonds, that sort of thing. Sixty two percent, that'd be a pretty good year if you had those faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 2: Mostly young men that are doing this thing, these things, these kind of stocks. Some forty two percent of men's ages ages eighteen to twenty nine invested in or used crypto, versus only seventeen percent of women.
Speaker 1: In that age group.
Speaker 2: A Pew Research Center said almost eleven percent of men say they are well, I'll skip that, I'll get to this because I don't want to. I want to use a part time. I want to get to the part that I think is actually most important. Some men say they have little choice but to roll the dice in a world they believe is stacked against them. Their participation in the labor force is falling while it's growing for women their age. Young men is less likely to enroll in college. Men out earn women in the workplace and are more likely to reach executive level positions, But some forty five percent of young men said in twenty twenty three they face gender discrimination. Only a third of men said that in twenty nineteen. It's now almost half. That's how much it's grown in just a few years, according to recent surveys. And then it goes through how many women are in college campuses, and are this percentage of that and that percentage of the I think the view that younger men have of themselves in their role in society. Wow, that's an underappreciated problem we have in the country, and I don't know what we do to fix it. I agree completely absolutely, you combine, you know, the things you mentioned with people are not coupling, partly because so many women are radical leftists who won't couple with anybody who's not a radical leftist. You got to just the value of the nuclear family being diminished in society, and just all of the things that all of the most fundamental and primal things that drive men I will provide and I will protect have been taken away. We've talked about this for a couple of years about how the percentage of working age males that are not in the workforce is as high as it was during the Great Depression. That's horrifying, Yeah it is, and strange, Yes, it is very strange in a society that's not, like, really focused on what's going on. There is gonna pay price for it at some point. No, because of the utterly moronic whatever they say. It was the second phase of feminism or something where to be pro woman meant to be anti man, which is just an idiotic notion, But that doesn't mean it wasn't really popular. But does this surprise anybody that more women come out of high school thinking, oh, yeah, here are the many opportunities for me in America of ways to make a living and make a go of it in the world. And it's much much less so for young men to feel like, you know, college is for me, welcoming for me, or this career path or whatever. I have no data to prove this point, but I suspect that it's true. I think a lot of young men also emerge from their schooling beaten down right because they have been systematically given the message there is something wrong with you merely because you are male, but also because like as a little boy, you acted like a male. Masculinity of any sort, including boyish energy, is pathologized in our sick, sick communist government schools, combined with an attitude that is changing thanks to Mike Row and lots of people, but an attitude of the kind of jobs that a lot of men would like to do are belittled, and you know, paper pushing jobs that more women would be more interested in are seen as fantastic, well, and just the whole Obama era smugness about of course everything he did had smugness about it, but the idea that college is the only route for the respectable and those unwashed idiot brutes who don't go to college and work their menial jobs building HVAC companies and being carpenters and whatever.
Speaker 1: That's just sad, so sad. Do they even have the power of speech, those brutes? I mean, that was the attitude.
Speaker 2: So if the takeaway from that article in the Wall Street Journal was supposed to be that men feel like they either do or just feel like they have no route to success in America, they're going to take these higher risk bets on crypto and some of these other stocks, the Wall Street Journal of all publications shouldn't go with if you had this imaginary portfolio.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody does so.
Speaker 2: And even if you have that imaginary portfolio, you'd have to get in at the right time and get out the right time to take advantage of that. So, I mean, again, the Wall Street Journal of all places shouldn't shouldn't play.
Speaker 1: That kind of game, right, right exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I uh, well, yeah, I've had more to say on that, but that's probably enough for now. Well, would you say, am I right or wrong about this? Maybe I'm just trying to soothe my hurt feelings over the fact that I don't understand cryptocurrency. Is it just a very small percentage of people that are actually getting in and getting out at the right times too? Oh yeah, yeah, I mean every time it goes up, it goes down again, and those people take a bath. But that's not very exciting to write or read about. So it's like people who lose at Vegas. They don't come home and tell their friends the other part of it. And this is the part that I decided not to say, but I'll go ahead. I lost four thousand dollars. Then I got Chlymythia. Nobody ever told me that. So I used to play a fair amount of poker. I play less now. And I think it's interesting that what is one of the big financial places has all of their new associates take one hundred hours of poker training and playing and all so they start to understand risk and levels of risk and that sort of thing. And I don't get frustrated about missing these meme stocks.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: More than a little because and I hope this makes sense to if you play poker, it certainly does. You have a policy depending on where you are in the game, how many chips you have, whatever. If I have like a decent hand, I will roll the dice and pay some to see, like in Texas, hold them the flop. Those are the three community cards that come out first. But if I have a crap hand, I have a three and a seven, for instance, I'm not going to pay anything to see that flop because it's just unlikely as a percentage, it's not likely enough that it would bear out for me.
Speaker 1: And sometimes so you fold your hand.
Speaker 2: Then sometimes the flop is three three, I'd have had quad threes and taken everybody's.
Speaker 1: Money, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: My policy is I do the math in my head, and I don't gamble on things not worth gambling on. So as long as you have like a method to the madness of your investing in your financial moves and don't beat and maybe it is maybe you're young and untethered and you chase meme stocks and bitcoin and stuff like that, good for you, kind of fun. I'm kind of jealous. But why does the Wall Street Journal crowd talk up crypto like it is solid sound investment strategy.
Speaker 1: They don't believe that.
Speaker 2: There's no way. Most of the people in the Wall Street Journal believe that. No, it's almost just purely speculation. So it's exciting. It gets clicks, So it's just like any other newspaper. It's just yeah, I see those articles. I read them too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I kick myself right in the ass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I try not to because that that whole Foma thing. Oh, it comes on strong, doesn't it. Like you run into a guy who says, yeah, I bought Apple in nineteen ninety one at four dollars.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to hear that. Shut up, you're right.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever says I got into bitcoin late, thought I would jump on it. I lost a bunch of money and I got chmydia once again. I don't know how this guy got clividio and my stories everybody gets chomydia.
Speaker 1: Well, it's everywhere pretty careful.
Speaker 2: We've got Katie's headlines on the wais stay here. Congratulations Los Angeles Rams fans.
Speaker 1: They beat the Billies as yesterday, even.
Speaker 2: Though Josh Allen had one of the most amazing performances in the history of the NFL. He is clearly your league MVP. Six touchdowns through for three, ran for three. Who does that?
Speaker 1: Nobody? Did he win or lose? He lost. He's a loser, That's what I say, all right.
Speaker 2: Actually, the playoffs are shaping up to be a really interesting a lot of really good, exciting teams. The Chiefs once again one on the last play of the game, bounced one through the uprights.
Speaker 1: I mean, stumble bumps.
Speaker 2: No team in any sport has ever on this ever in the history of sports.
Speaker 1: See tumble bombs. Stumble bombs. Yeah, that's a good old timey one for you. Katie glad she enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, they're winning ugly, as they used to say, beyond winning ugly, I'm.
Speaker 1: The last play of the game.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever even come close to this number of last play the game wins. They could easily be like seven and seven. It's just I'm misster old timey reference now. But they're mister magooing their way to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: How did he not fall off the cliff get hit by a car. It's God protects fools and drunks and the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: I guess that is Michael, there will be a team that goes to kneel, the ball will fumble it.
Speaker 1: And the sheets will pick it up and win. Right time for the victory formation. Jim, is this one's all but world? Oh it's Coblows. Yeah, beautiful, Michael love it. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story. What's Katie Green? Katie?
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys, the Associated Press. Trump calls for immediate ceasefire in Ukraine and says a US withdrawal from NATO is possible.
Speaker 2: I read this morning that Russia is hammering Ukraine with like double the number of drones and missiles that they.
Speaker 1: Have of any time in the war.
Speaker 2: Huge escalation as they're trying to get to a better spot to you know, sit down at the bargaining table.
Speaker 1: But he's got to be.
Speaker 2: Feeling a little weekend after the Syria falling apart, so panicked.
Speaker 1: More on that next hour.
Speaker 2: If you're not familiar with this, Russia had a couple of it has a couple of key bases in Syria.
Speaker 1: NBC News.
Speaker 5: Trump aims to end birthright citizenships, as American citizens with family here illegally.
Speaker 1: May be deported.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how this is even controversial. I don't get why it's controversial. It was just a Trump derangement crowd. And the immigrants are better than us because they're from somewhere else, lunatics.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this later.
Speaker 5: As you guys mentioned, ABC putin giving a sod asylum in Russia.
Speaker 1: That's a good look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm stealing this from my I think it was jt Or one of our frequent correspondence. How long before a sod gets a little annoying and he stands too close to an open window?
Speaker 1: Oooo?
Speaker 5: From The New York Times, Taylor Swift's Eras tour grand total two billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's doing our last concert tonight. I have to run through some of the final numbers on that tour. It's the most successful tour in the history of music. But what it did financially, just as a business story is steined. Then she put out that book that sold like three quarters of a million in the first two minutes in targets.
Speaker 1: What's her book? I didn't know she had a book.
Speaker 2: It's like a tour memorobilia book with all sorts of pictures and stories.
Speaker 5: From the New York post Juan Soto signing with Mets On Garganjuan's seven hundred and sixty five million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Did he win the World Series, Katie or did he lose it? He's a loser to.
Speaker 2: So he's leaving the Yankees going to the Mets for the biggest contract in the history of sports. And it's actually significantly bigger than sho Heyo Tani's because Otani's in real dollars was like mid four hundreds mm hm, and this one is actually guaranteed to be three quarters of a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: It's cuckoo nuts. It is also from the New York Post.
Speaker 5: I love this quote defund the police activist goes viral after begging for help when everything she owned.
Speaker 1: Was stolen in San Francisco. I love that story.
Speaker 2: The cops didn't do s I love that story.
Speaker 1: These people I just want to slap them so badly. But I'm a non violent man. I'm a peaceful man.
Speaker 5: And finally, from the Babylon Bee Prosecutors born Daniel Penny, acquittal could lead to rampant acts of heroism.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that. Yeah, that is good. The number of utterly.
Speaker 2: Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff's notions all out of academia that were like the rage for a while, defund the police can just decide he's a woman and that makes him as much of a woman as a woman. I mean, this stuff is lunacy, but you have the intelligencia shouting and then punishing you if you say, excuse me, that's crazy. We're gonna check in on the revolution that occurred in Syria over the weekend with Jeff mccosum, one of her favorite military analysts, in hour two. So if you don't get that, grab the podcast. It's Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Why not subscribe Armstrong and Getty