Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition of Oh Bryan Sleeps Do That?
Speaker 2: Jack was very tired, so I said, you know what, why did you lay your weary head and let two absolute monsters of podcasting takeover for this edition of the Trending episode.
Speaker 1: I'm Miles and I'm here with Joel Monique. Will sub Joel come out.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to get into these stories.
Speaker 1: These are good trends. These a lot of things trending. Let's not waste any time and dive right in. These are the things that are trending today, Thursday, October fifth, on your Internet. First things First, Elon Musk so he's fucking up the links on Twitter formerly known as x. Previously, prior to this update, when you posted a nice URL link to share with people in a tweet, you got a nice image that was associated with the link with a short headline, and it made sharing news articles so easy, you know, and so enticing for you to click and move through. Has now seen to a change himself that makes weblinks look like shit now. Like you know, all you get now is like an associated image and a domain name, no nothing else. He says, it looks better like or potentially that like you can fit more tweets onto a screen when you scroll. I guess because of engagement. I don't know. A lot of journalists were like, we're not really phased since Twitter formally x was never really a huge driver of traffic to their sites. But what it really does is fuck things up for just like the people who scroll Twitter and are there to exchange information, because that was a very useful feature.
Speaker 3: Your basic users.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you know everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the people who actually uh matter to your site. If what you're trying to do is keep your numbers up so advertisers come back, m m oh elon, leave it alone. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Twitter was almost a perfectly functioning app. Like yes there was hate, yeah, like sometimes like the abuse and stuff was bad and they still need to figure out some community guideliness there were. It was not a perfect system, but functionally being able to scroll through access your articles, Like the goal is not to see more tweets, like it just making it said, adding all of these like uh uh characters to an individual tweet, my tweets me six thousand words. That's not necessary. I don't need it, you know, Like I used to, I have timers on my app so that I do not spend too much time on them. I don't ever hit the timer limit. It's an hour limit for each app. I don't hit my timer limit on Twitter anymore, which to me says all we need to know. Uh, I do like that Twitter? Uh Big. Twitter reacted by posting death dates and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like just like the same way. This is what it looks like now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: There was also an interesting tweet from Guy Brainham past guest. Uh and you know a great writer, but saying that, like you know, he's a quote. Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter is the Producers. He has enormous tax liabilities from something else and needs to take as large of a loss as possible to offset his tax obligation. So he just keeps trying to springtime for Hitler this website. And I was like wow, wow, And he's like the.
Speaker 3: Condiction is so bad. We can't it's gonna not work because people can't leave it. Like it to me anyway, Like I even think Threads is not hitting, Like it was like there's not people going to it every day. It's just not worked into the daily system of social media. I do think people are so burned out trying to follow so many new things and figure out, like, quote, where was the next Twitter going to be? That at this point you kind of just landed where you landed, Like if you read TikTok, that's where you are. If you got over to Instagram, you live there.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, whatever it is, like, we'll just I'll just make this work in the way I needed to. Yeah, because I get all my news from TikTok now, and my doctor says, I'm reading a lot of stuff that's incorrect, but I don't know. He's like a boomer, So like, forget whatever, whatever your agenda is, doctor, So let's move on to something very interesting.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One door closes on Twitter, another may open for us. Now we don't know for sure what's going on here, okay, but sprite is working on something new.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 1: Some people believe that what they're trying to do is figure out how to give us the sensation of McDonald's Sprite in a can now.
Speaker 3: Doing it because it would be dangerous right now, but high kick like just a leg all the way in the air, full of excitement. I would die. Please, don't I stop drinking soda. I don't even drink sparkling water anymore.
Speaker 1: Reminds you, It reminds you of it, go back.
Speaker 3: To drinking soda. If I could get right from McDonald's, or even if I can get a Coca Cola McDonald's style in my fridge, stuff it.
Speaker 1: Well, allow me to answer your high kick with a full on fucking backflip, because if that happened, I would be I would be in a bad way like I already took. Took. It took so much strength for me to not buy Baja Blast in the can. Uh so McDonald's Sprite. Who knows. Now, there's a couple people aren't quite sure what is going on because a new flavor was announced, saying called Sprite Chill, which apparently uses a quote chilling agent to make it taste cooler. Obviously that's all marketing cap. Okay, it's a fucking chilling agent. I know, however, but I'm still like, hold on, it makes it taste cooler, go on, marketing cap, go on, tell me more. Now, Like a lot of people have said, like, maybe this is going to be the thing that makes it taste more like McDonald's sprite. Although this is. I feel like maybe a bridge too far, because the leaked images that we've seen are of a cherry lime flavor, which famously is not something you can get at McDonald's. And also, like this caused like a whole other thing of like people talking about the science of mcdonald'sprite. People said for the longest time, it's the syrup to carbonated water ratio. Yes, that you're getting a little more syrup. And it's also the diameter of the McDonald's straw because it's a little it's a bit wider than your normal straws, and it means it's hitting that pallet just giving me. It's just a little bit more spread across your tongue.
Speaker 3: I don't know what McDonald's really needs to do to start manufacturing glass versions of their straws, right, And they were smart and they were like, hey, you know how you prefer all the drinks from here, here's a blast straw so we can get on that.
Speaker 1: You know what that is, that's called teenage Miles's first drug pipe. That's what the fuck that is. I'm sorry, just like to say you said that. I'm like, man, I would have been man the ship. I would have been making with that. I was using it like oh yeah yeah, like like those old, like obnoxious ass giant cups you get in Las Vegas to drink like a five foot margarita. You know how many bongs I made out of those kinds of dunnies as a teenager bunny, I had a statue of Liberty one. I mean from New York, New York.
Speaker 3: We only had apples in Illinois, That's what we were doing. Then you of milk jugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's that's pretty good. That's pretty good. Yeah, although I remember there was a party where someone did one with like an arrowhead, like you know, like a full on like whatever, fifteen gallon jug a lot. That caused a lot of problems, it turned out. Okay, what else? Sushi terrorism? Okay, sushi terrorist? What is sushi terrorism? Because I mean I like sushi and it's something going on in Japan. Apparently there is a there's okay, so there's a thing for the uninitiated and for the non you know, japan a files out there called kaitens is she, which means conveyor belt sushi where you like you just sit down and the shit comes to you. Some you order specific orders and it just zips over to you on like a really cool little conveyor belt. Others are just like a merry go round where like a shit comes around, you just snatch it off and eat it while they're just like chefing it up in the middle. Apparently there's been like these viral videos where kids are fucking we're people, pranksters are licking the shared soy sauce bottles or tampering with the food on the conveyor belt. This feels very ariana grande, very American.
Speaker 3: Exact same thing Bo said, why is are you on the grounding in sixteen? Taking over in Japan? What has happened?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? This is also to Joanese, get youth out there. This is not us. Didn't our parents yell at us about shit being so unclean all the time, that this is what we're doing. I get it. The pandemic fucked everybody up, so I get it. You're out here now, you're fucking licking the sushi plates. But apparently like one chain is like suing like a high school student for like thousands of dollars because of like the nuisance that it's caused. But yeah, it's now becoming a thing where they're like really having to figure out what to do to clamp down on this. But yeah, it's just just it sounds like Japan is getting they're figuring out how to fuck around with online prank videos or.
Speaker 3: Some man, I'm sorry to the managers of sushi restaurants now have to look out for people randomly putting their tongue in places it does not belong. Yeah, that seems exhausting. I will say you could do. Oh man, something that uh in preschools they do sometimes is put like a like a non toxic but not tasty thing on stuff. When you put it in your mouth. There you go. It doesn't transfer. Just don't put in your mouth. You're gonna it's gonna be a bad price for you.
Speaker 1: Just don't eat the sushi on those plates. Ey won'll tastes like shit.
Speaker 3: The plates are going to be a whole different matter. I don't know. Maybe glass domes that when you lift it like okay, now you're paying for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how hotels they did well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like they in the pandemic in Japan, like they did a lot to try and make things as like safe as possible. Especially in those kinds of settings. But like now the more modern ones, like they do this thing where like you order it off a touch screen and it just it flies to you. And as someone who loves and like it's so cheap. That's the one thing man, like, whenever you go, you're like this, these two pieces of sushi were a dollar and eighty cents, because two pieces now in like Los Angeles are like fucking nineteen dollars. But that's another story. We'll talk about the other the real sushi terrorism, which are the fish prices? Here we go, yeah, all right, let's say a quick break. We'll come back and we're gonna find out if we know how to tell gen Z or millennials from their group photos after this and we're back. And I love when, like there's always coverage about like gen Z is saying this. I know all these articles are being written by millennials because we're scared to death of gen Z fucking calling us out all the time. You know what to be old yet with laser guided pinpoint accuracy. Well I love it. I always say this. I love the flaming I love getting fucking cooked by gen Z because it's so like their observations are so fucking funny to me, and some are so off, but some are so dead on that I'm like, just go on. We love the youth. But now there's like a few TikTokers. TikTokers have been like, this is how you know if it's a millennial or if it's gen Z in their group photos or selfies. So group photos, according to this one video that got like hundreds of thousands of likes and views and probably millions of views, it comes down to the angles and headspace in the photos. Millennials they love the above looking down angle with close with the close facial crops, scanned background. Gen Z, they're posting full body babe from low angles, not giving a fun Yeah. Gen Z also likes plenty of headspace to show off the backgrounds because obviously aesthetic vibesape yeah exactly, and then like and also saying like the group shots right the quote classic millennial group photo involves posing close together and snapping a super focused face shot with no headspace. Millennials were new.
Speaker 3: Didn't have the range back in the day. This was how you take a photo, and now.
Speaker 1: We don't have that wide angle, Like, how were we gonna get fucking sixteen of us. Everybody cranking go to the side, so we get as much bodies in here, and that's what we do. But that's not how that's not how they do it. Okay, what about selfies? Okay, the classic millennial selfie always an upward angle point of view. Yeah, yeah, this was the angle always. There was no other angle.
Speaker 3: Preset timers, or if we did, we know how to program that shit.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly in the hand. And then she says, however, gen z self, however, the difference becomes immediately apparent. Gen Zers are more apt to take selfies from a downward angle. They and they do it all over to the side, the other side, blah blah blah. And again they love headspace. You gotta have that headspace, barely any foot space.
Speaker 3: So a on the cusp gen Z millennial friend who is an influencer, who I went on vacation with, and it was very funny to me because every time she went to take a picture, I was like, I think it. She's like, no, I got it. She just said it on the ground and step away and then do her little photo. She'd get her ten like photos in the next I was like, this is magic, Like I would never your.
Speaker 1: Photos just on the ground, right, I mean, yeah, it's just really it's true, like to your point, like it's all about the technology we were fucking with at the time. We were coming of age and taking photos of ourselves, like it was all digital cameras at first, like our phones were not taking fucking lyddy photos like now we're also not.
Speaker 3: As worried about aesthetics. I think it's gen Z, because we were pre Instagram, so you didn't need to have a high glassy photos. That was the number of photos from my.
Speaker 1: Drunk night on a Facebook exactly. Oh you want to let me prove to you what I was doing with this seven thousand photo album? All right, man, the way I was posting, Man, forget it, forget it. But yeah, fine, gen Z, you catas we're old. I do love though that. Your friend was like, oh no, I got don't shouldn't want to say you don't know how to do this shit, so let me just that's really the suffect.
Speaker 3: And I'm not about to explain it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Like I don't know if I need to explain angles to you. Oh no, did you guys know that school. Okay, next thing, Travis and Taylor are trending Travis kelchi kelse or whatever and Taylor Swift they are fucking like a ratings boon for the NFL. Like it's wild. How yeah, the NFL, the NFL used to be its own thing, No more it is. This is now Taylor Swift's game, and y'all are just playing in it. Like you have players from other teams now who are playing the Kansas City Chiefs where her boyfriend plays, are like, can you please not come to the game please? I feel like you'll play better. And also fuck man, like the tickets go get more expensive. It's wild. And now Travis the boyfriend has has now spoken up and he's saying the NFL should maybe slowed down with all the Taylor covered it says the league is quote overdoing it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Travis, baby, I just want to let you know, this is life of Taylor.
Speaker 1: Get used to it.
Speaker 3: You you were clearly not prepared because it's not NFL overdoing it. This is the NFL just adapting to life of Taylor exactly. Get on board.
Speaker 1: And this is all about ratings and engagement. Baby. So when you have like literally something with the gravitational pull of Jupiter pull up to your thing. Guess what it is. It's funny how many people have like commented of like or you've seen things about just Taylor Swift fans like just now potentially at the thought like the potential or the possibility of seeing Taylor at football.
Speaker 3: Games, I'm like, Oh, they're buying tickets. Yeah, they're they're buying Travis jerseys and putting Swift on the back of them. Oh yeah they are, yeah, yeah, And it makes sense because tickets to these games are probably less than tickets to her concert were, so you won't get to hear her sing. But you could still be like, hey, I spotted Tay, which is good for them. I have muted Taylor and Travis on all social media accounts, and yet still they plagued me. They're everywhere, so I can't find a way to do it. Then it must be exhausting for him because that kind of spotlight is a it's an adjustment.
Speaker 1: Did you imagine could you imagine he breaks up with her because he's like, I just can't man, Like, it's I have I don't, I've lost my identity, I've been I've been consumed by the Swift culture.
Speaker 3: People have broken up for stupider reasons. Not yet again. I hope their relationship is whatever. If they're happy, I'm happy whatever.
Speaker 1: But how long do you think this will go?
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to the Taylor Swift breakup album. I don't know if you know, but she's selecting recent exes, Like I don't mean her exes, I mean people who are recently have gone through a divorce, Like who just showed.
Speaker 1: Up, Sophie, Sophie Turner, right, so Sophie Turner, but.
Speaker 3: Also Hugh Jackman was in her posse at the last game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she No, this is some dark alchemy, the broken heart Taylor.
Speaker 3: She's gonna slap and really ext it's.
Speaker 1: Her, It's her whole physical existence powered by like taking these like shattered breakup people. Mean, like, come here, she's she's been.
Speaker 3: Through a bad breakup and we'll just we're just gonna get through it together. Yeah, make it a joyous occasion.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I read that headline, I was like, Sophie Turner spotted leaving Taylor's townhouse. I'm like, what what does that have to do with anything? I'm like, did break up games wait, were they part of like a crew together? Were they in that little crew together?
Speaker 3: Sophie's ex husband dated Taylor.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I'm stupid and old.
Speaker 3: Yes, And so that was the thing, was like, oh, this.
Speaker 1: Is great revenge. I can't remember which.
Speaker 3: Song she wrote about him, but the girls really love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was like one of the ones that went number one. And then she like the girls love Sophie. I think her character was misaligning Game of Thrones by a lot of dudes who a lot of like young women and girls really liked that character. Yeah, And so that now she's hanging out with Taylor and it's like hot exes revenge and people like it.
Speaker 1: Wow, fearless speak now, last kiss better than revenge. A lot of people were saying, these are all songs that may be about show jonahs. Okay, yeah, wow. Well, I mean, look, I hear the fire albums always come after a breakup, so you know, but I'm like, I'm sure Taylor's like, look, I don't need it. Look I'm doing fine right now. I don't need to fuck. I don't need to go back in the lab quite yet. So right off, and your convertible and have your ketchup and ranch mixture. That's the thing that like, I hate that. I know how she's eating chicken strips in a fucking box suite.
Speaker 3: Football much information, And then I saw somebody was like, oh, this is so great because in her documentary she said she couldn't eat chicken tenders because they had calories and she had eating disorder back then. But now look at her out here in the world. I was like, guys, I'm sure this is how I sound about Beyonce, and so I'm not judging you. Yeah, yeah, don't need to know.
Speaker 1: I mean, do we like, what do we know about Beyonce's like condiment habits?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man? Can we? I mean, I'm asking you if there's someone I would ask you for, you like, do we have that kind of minutia on her? I feel like she's her shit is so tightened up, buttoned up there might like.
Speaker 3: If I if I really did like some thinking, I could probably recall a meal she had at a specific restaurant because somepcial instagram them. I really love them. But you know, I don't know how she likes her her day to day snacks.
Speaker 1: I just feel like they're slightly does right, But they're like, but they are kind of they're slightly different creatures in terms of how they like with their privacy. Like Beyonce is like, you will know what I want you to.
Speaker 3: Know when I want you to know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Oh she's like, oh you want a movie, been working on that. But I have to tell everybody because I.
Speaker 3: Had one slip in like the past fifteen years and we don't know who it was. Someone got into her house. I think a staff person took a photo a picture that of blue, Like there's a photo of blue on the wall, and they took a picture of that photo. We don't know who that person was, but we never heard from that person again. That story, which is not very far like that Kingdom is locked down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but different styles because I think that's why Taylor Swift also has like just the audience and the fan base that she does, is because there is so much like linking to like like my personal life blending with the public life. And maybe you'll about it too. Yeah. I try to do that on threads and nobody's.
Speaker 3: Following, you know, nobody's here for it.
Speaker 1: I'm going for the tailor model, so whatever, we'll see what happens is folks give me any tips. Maybe it's because my selfies are also fucking gen millennial or whatever the fuck it is, But anyway, that's going to do it for us today. We're going to be back tomorrow with a whole episode. Trust me, it's gonna be a great one. And then, you know, have a great weekend. Joelle, thank you so much for joining me. You know, take care of each other, take care of yourselves, get the vaccine where your mask. Don't do nothing about white supremacy or any other kind of hate discrimination. Take care. Bye as h