Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom Keen with bol Sweeney and Bloomberg's Alexis Christopher.
Speaker 3: You better believe it. I'm going to start out with Royal Caribbean goes to show you my head's at right now. But that stock ticker symbol RCL up six percent, had fallen about nine percent so far this year, so believe it or not, Demand remains resilient for Royal Caribbean. It says April bookings are exceeding last year. It's seeing strengthen last minute reservations, and so Wall Street takes us as a sign that it's going to be able to weather these headwinds like higher fuel costs and the war with Iran. Bookings for those high yield Mediterranean trips, they also said, are starting to rebound a little bit, and the company CEO or CFO says that travel remains a priority for consumers.
Speaker 2: Yep, but that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Really square with what Carnival is saying because Carnival cut its full year profit outlook. Yeah, and because again because of the rising fuel costs and just the broader travel sector in general. Yesterday we heard from Booking Holdings that online travel company lowered its outlook. It's seeing higher cancelations, fewer new bookings. Even Hilton said, you know, it could be challenging moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. I mean it's the spending on the K shaped upper end of the k is has been holding up generally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the numbers we got this morning too to show that consumer continues to spend. I mean those are backward looking numbers, albeit, But all right, let's move on to Chipotle. Wait wait, wait, all right, back it up back at twenty decks.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been on these ships?
Speaker 3: You know, I was on a your Disney cruise years ago. It's the only cruise I was ever on.
Speaker 2: But like Sarah, you nailed that on YouTube eighteen to twenty decks high?
Speaker 3: Do you get dizzy on a crucials? I would not for the waters or I would, but just all MG, I'm up.
Speaker 1: So hard now. I think the bigger issue is this. You know, if you get seasick, that's probably an issue. For a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big boat to guess, but people do get seasick. Charlie Pellett does not our. Charlie Pellett single handedly keeps that industry going. Chipotle up four and a half percent today. The stock has declined eleven percent this year. So, okay, it's eking out higher sales. It's slowly winning back customers. Remember there were all those complaints about portion sizes being they fixed that, rising prices, subpar service. Yeah, I mean I haven't been in a little while, but there definitely.
Speaker 1: They got to the point now they put so much in there that I only get two tacos instead of three. Really, yes, because they're so good because they're putting so much stuff in them now vis before nice?
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Chipotle maintained its guidance also for flat full year comparable sales. A CEOs got boat right, doing a whole bunch of things to turn things around. He's retraining workers on hospitality, rolling out new equipment to churn out the food faster, and also revamp their loyalty program to drive customer visits. So slowly but surely it is working. Also, their chicken al pastore apparently very popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go to mon third Avenue, sixty first Street.
Speaker 3: That's a just one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. They take care of me. If you do like door Tosh, you're seamless from them, and you order Marguerite.
Speaker 3: To they're working on that. All right. Let's move to pharma because lots of news there today and Eli Lilly is a standout. So the stock is up six percent. It raised its full year sales outlook due to the strength of its weight loss drugs and its new obesity pill. And just get a load of these numbers. Sales of Lily's best selling diabetes shot Munjaro eight point seven billion dollars in the quarter. In three months, sales of its obesity shot zep bound jumping to four point two billion, and then it launched that new weight loss pill. I think it's foundea Fundeo.
Speaker 1: That's going to be big when they get set, when you get the pills, that's going to open up a whole new market, big market, I would think.
Speaker 3: I would think. Also, Lily has gone on this string of acquisitions right in just the past couple of months. It's made like three major acquisitions, most recently just Monday, we were talking about a two billion dollar deal to buy Ajax Therapeutics. That's a cancer drug maker.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.