Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Today you got Phillies at the Mets and then later tonight Dodgers at the Padres the Chiefs. They stay undefeated, they handle the Saints and Kareem Hunt come on down one hundred and two yards for him. Bad news on Rashid Rice that he's done for the rest of the year. Conflicting reports by Adam Schefter where it felt like, hey, it's not as bad as we think it is. Two minutes later he's out for the rest of the year. Stat of the Day brought to you by Patini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Whole question from our one, Seaton O'Connor. By the way, good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for allowing us into your homes and those listening on our radio affiliates around the country, thank you for allowing us into your lives as well. All Right, Seaton, our.
Speaker 3: Two, we're jumping into when do you start watching hockey? Okay, any of the season or once the playoffs start.
Speaker 2: It feels like every year we say the same thing. You know what, I'm going all in early.
Speaker 3: Right the end of every hockey season, Like, you know what, next year, I'm watching a lot more hockey.
Speaker 2: Yes, I I kind of do drive bys, or if there's somebody new teams playing, well, whatever it might be, I'll do a drive by, just to be fair, because once we get to the postseason, it's weird. We haven't watched during the regular season. We get to the postseason all of a sudden, we're a no it all or we're asking stupid questions. Every year it feels like we do that. I will try to start out all in. It's difficult because you got football, high school, college pro, you got basketball coming up. They just started exhibit preseason games, you got postseason baseball. You got a lot going on here, and then college basketball is going to start. So you can get kicked to the curb in a hurry. But you know, come postseason time, I'm going to be an expert.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, you could just say something like that was a strange line change by Winnipeg.
Speaker 5: No, I'll call you a little too soon that they brought them in. I don't know they should have that as a second team. Why would that be the third group?
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, it is weird.
Speaker 6: I remember us all sitting here Edmonton and all, we're going crazy watching it, and right next year we're gonna buckle down. You know, I casually watched the Blackhawks, you know, Connor Burdard. I can't wait, and I'm going to watch every game. Then nothing happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird. But the NHL starts tonight and that means my Utah Hockey Club is going to be ready to go take in the ice. I'm all in on the u h C.
Speaker 7: You h C.
Speaker 2: I like him, you ate See who's with me?
Speaker 5: Let's go?
Speaker 2: Uh the DraftKings odds to win the Super Bowl following last night, The Chiefs are the favorites, followed by the Ravens and the Niners, and then it's the Lions and the Vikings after that. What if I said, hey, Kansas City undefeated, they're going to go five and five in their next ten games. You're gonna go, well, no, that wouldn't happen. Well, last year, I think they started out six and one and they ended up eleven and six. So as much as like the Vikings, great story, what if they lose their next four games and you go, well, they're playing too well? Okay, Kansas City won the Super Bowl last year and went five and five down the stretch. So these things happen. You get the dips, you get the highs the lows, and that's where you're going to have a team that's going to come back and win like three or four games in a row, or you're going to have somebody who's playing pretty well and then all of a sudden they're going to lose two or three in a row. You're going to go, well, remember Kansas City losing to the Raiders. Was that on Christmas Day where they got humbled and the number of people who broke ankles jumping off the Chiefs bandwagon was remarkable, and I thought, Wow, they've figured out the Chiefs. They're not as good as we thought. And that was a wake up call for them. So you had the highs who'd gone whatever six and one, to the lows of now they've figured them out. Hey, they're playing that deep, you know, two deep secondary, keeping everything in the front. You're not beating them deep. You know all these things, and then all of a sudden, what happens. Get into the playoffs and they know how to win. And even watching last night, I mentioned this in the first hour, I don't think they're like formidable from the standpoint of uh oh the Chiefs, But when the game's on the line, it's uh oh the Chiefs. Because the offense, they don't score a lot of points. I mean, they didn't score thirty points again. I think that's fifteen consecutive games. But they've changed who they are defense team, defensive minded first, and then there will score enough to win the game. And that's what happened last night. Here's Patrick Mahomes talking about the team effort.
Speaker 7: I mean, Kream just runs extremely hard. He gets every yard out there, catches the ball, does whatever it takes in order to go out there and win. And then juju. I mean y'all saw him two years ago. I mean he fits in well in this offense and so he.
Speaker 1: Did a great job today.
Speaker 7: So it was cool to get those guys going and then to step up. And it's going to be like that until we start getting some of these guys back. It's going to be everybody's want the stuff up, make plays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even if you get him back, I mean, are you getting Isaiah Pacheco back? I would never spend money on a running back. You got Kareem Hunt I mean you could have him, anybody could have him. They got him. You start to look at so you get Kareem Hunt free agent, Carson Steele, he's an undrafted free agent, Juju Smith Schuster free agent. I mean they they have like a team reunion here. Samaj p Ryan free agent. He was released by Denver. And that's who they're bringing in. The constant is quarterback coach and Chris Jones. That's what you need and they got it and that's why they're the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, all right, quick comparison is Chris Jones, Reggie White and Aaron Donald, Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 9: No, no, no no.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, as far as like the accolades.
Speaker 2: No, because Chris Jones doesn't get recognized. Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor got recognized. Okay, Aaron Donald would be in that category of getting recognized modern day, you know there's a I mean throw out any of those great defensive linemen. But he was different. He's not an edge rusher. He disrupted from the.
Speaker 8: I just mean hiss like far as like famous defensive players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he got fake. Chris Jones still was underrated he is. It's he's going to make a play. It's weird how you have certain players in certain sports where you go that guy when you need him to make a play makes a play. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey. They may not be great like Gronk. I never worried about Gronk, you know, in the regular season. I mean like, all right, I know, figure it out, and then all of a sudden postseason, then Gronk is playing great. He'll make a big catch. Same with Kelsey. I mean you could see there was a moment last night where he got blasted and I couldn't help but think what I would be thinking if I was Travis Kelcere after I just got blown up. Like my girlfriend's up there, she's a billionaire. I have my podcast with my brother. What am I going out here like dragging himself back to the He can make more money not playing. But once you walk away, you can never it just you can't replicate that it's gone. But I just I watched him, like, man, he look he looks old out there, all right. Poll question for hour two is going to be watched heat no counter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well one might be developing with some breaking news here, but we are putting up early. When do you start watching hockey beginning of the season or okay, when the playoffs start.
Speaker 9: Let me see we get some early results on that.
Speaker 2: Do we have some breaking news.
Speaker 9: Sixty percent start once the playoffs start?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do we have potential breaking news on something?
Speaker 9: It's possible.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's possible.
Speaker 9: Okay, we gotta wait, though waiting Paul needs to confirm.
Speaker 2: So oh oh, oh, okay, is this Davante Adam neoze Oh no.
Speaker 9: But you're somewhere in the is swimming in the pool of.
Speaker 2: That news in the zeitgeist somewhere.
Speaker 3: If it's a ven diagram, DeVante Adams is a circle in that ven diagram.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who uses the word zeitgeist way too much, and I had to tell him. I said, hey, no more zeitgeist, and he goes, what do you mean. I go, let's not use it.
Speaker 9: I don't like when you use that word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like zeitgeist. And you know, in fairness to him, I didn't know what it meant until I'm like, no more zeitgeist. Okay. He is also an ID eight guy, and I'd be like, okay, we're ide eating and we're zeitgeisting.
Speaker 9: It's nice ideation.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Paul, would you like to play guests that breaking news? Seaton is recused because he knows it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have music for this breaking Okay.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll put it as vague as we can. Someone in the NFL is no longer at their job. That could be a player, or a coach, or even an ownership.
Speaker 9: Front the office person.
Speaker 2: Everybody, okay, grease keeper, does this have something to do with me saying this person would be either the coach of the year or fired during this season? Robert Sala he got fired.
Speaker 6: According to Adam Schefter. ESPN sources say the Jets have fired head coach Robert Salad. That was four minutes ago. The Jets informed Robert Sala of their decision minutes ago. There will be a new head coach for a Monday Night's game versus Buffalo. Can't fire the quarterback.
Speaker 3: I think we did to start a season a first coach fired segment.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm pretty sure. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know if if anybody had Robert Sala.
Speaker 2: No, I think I just said he'll either be coach of the year fired, yeah, yeah, yeah, and congratulations yay. Yeah, what a mess.
Speaker 9: That's a bummer.
Speaker 2: What a mess.
Speaker 6: Yes, preseason odds first coach to be fired it was Doug Peterson was first, Robert salo was second, Brian Dable of the Giants, Mike McCarthy of the Cowboys. Robert sala is officially.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bill Belichick.
Speaker 6: To for another day, one day contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, signed that one day deal. Now I'm just I'm channeling my inner Fox Sports or ESPN of a how do we spend this? And Bill Belichick, I.
Speaker 6: Would have told him in London. You know, he's in London. He can vacation. He doesn't. You don't make him come all the way back and fire him.
Speaker 2: Well, he does live here, so it's it's not like he came back and then he'd have to go back to London. Yes.
Speaker 3: By the way, they sound awfully confident that there's going to be a new head coach for Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess an interim head coach.
Speaker 9: Okay, because it says there will be a new head coach.
Speaker 6: Rogers are definitely gonna put in for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it, you know, hopefully it's not Nathaniel Hackett.
Speaker 9: If it's an interim.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's not Nathaniel Hackett. Yes, Tom So what's.
Speaker 5: Rogers said in the press conference?
Speaker 4: Or we can hold players accountable as far as the cadence was that pretty much the nail in the coffin after that comment, where we could.
Speaker 5: I heal the rift?
Speaker 2: You know what, I never thought he was a head coach. He didn't act like a head coach. He was, you know, a very good defensive cord. Not everybody is meant to be a head coach, and there's certain guys who don't have the personality. They're not wired that way. I mean, you're you're trying to find the leak in your locker room. You know, you want guys to turn in their cell phones. I mean, yeah, all of a sudden, this is crazy stuff. Just win football games. And I just don't think there was that leadership there. They acquiesced to Rogers, you're all in on him. What they did to Zach Wilson was terror like they just they're the Jets. That's it. They're the Jet. Sometimes you don't even need an explanation like what happened the Jets? Oh okay, that explains everything.
Speaker 8: Yes, Martin, do you try to go for a veteran head coach, somebody who's been a head coach before well or Ben Jonson from the line.
Speaker 2: What if you bring out well, he's going to cost you an awful lot. What if you said to Mike Vrabel, come on in and clean this up, but it's not a temporary job. Would you give somebody if I'm one of these candidates, I don't want a job now because I want to make sure I have an opportunity. I want to have that ramp that I can go get. I have to be able to have some time before lift off here, and I don't want to go in and have your players this whole feeling that you have, and you've got to figure out if Aaron Rodgers is going to be there next year. So to me, it's not a desirable job. I think they do have some fun pieces there. Would you get rid of Robert Sala if you were bringing in Davante Adams, I'd be curious about that. All right, let me take a break. We'll talk to Larry Fitzgerald, get his thoughts on the latest news. The Jets have moved on from their head coach Robert Sala. Phone calls as well. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us. The Jets have fired their head coach, Robert sala. We bring in Larry Fitzgerald, the future Hall of Famer. What do you make of that decision to fire Robert Sala?
Speaker 10: Hey, Dan, it's good to be on with you. Appreciation having me.
Speaker 11: It's surprising, you know, in the game in the league that not much surprises you. This this is not what I expected. I mean, this is not a team that's eliminated from the playoffs. Yeah, you have a Hall of Fame quarterback still back there, very capable, you know, defense that's that's played somewhat decent, better than expected throughout the course of the year. So I was just as surprised as everybody else when I heard the news today.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I don't know. Were you ever on a team where coach got fired during the season.
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Never, Okay, because I wonder. I mean, that's a drastic move.
Speaker 10: I agree, I agree, and I don't. I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't necessarily believe that you can put your team in a better position, you know, removing your head coach at this point in the year unless there's somebody that we don't know about on that staff that can really galvanize this team and and you know, get him to perform at a better level. But I just I just don't know if that's that's truly possible.
Speaker 2: What do you think is going on with Devonte Adams?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 2: How did this end poorly with the Raiders? After I know that Derek Carr got sent to the saying or he went to this and that's who he wanted to play with, but now he wants out. How do you think this plays out?
Speaker 11: I think you get to you to a point in your career where you start looking around and you start evaluating truthfully, like do I have a chance to win here?
Speaker 10: You know, I'm I'm a Hall of Fame receiver, you.
Speaker 11: Know, most prolific, most prolific player of my generation probably.
Speaker 10: And like I want to win. I want to win a championship.
Speaker 11: I want to play meaningful games in November, December or January and eventually have a chance to play in the Super Bowl. And quite frankly, Dan, you would agree with this. They just they don't have a They don't have that ability in uh in Las Vegas right now. And you know, I understand that he wants to you want to play meaningful games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did you face the same situation at any point in your career with with Arizona.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I'm I'm I'm, I'm I'm very different.
Speaker 11: You know, everybody handles these situations, you know, in a way they feel his best for themselves, and so I respect his desire to want to go, you know, be on a contender.
Speaker 10: You know that's the way he chooses to do it. And you know, I have no no issues that.
Speaker 2: What's the magic that Mahomes is bringing where it doesn't matter who's the receiver? Like, how does he make that where? I know Brady did this as well, where you just plug and play. But Mahomes, they're not an offensive juggernaut Larry there. I mean, they're a defensive minded team. And then you're kind of asking the offense, hey, can you get us like twenty one points? That'll be enough for us to win games?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know if that will work all year. They definitely need to play better and more consistent offensively. But I mean, I know any Read gets a lot of credit. I don't know if he gets enough, though. I don't think he gets the love and admiration he truly deserves what he's able to put out there every single year. I can't tell you the last time I watched the game a team win when you know they're best player in Patmo does not throw a touchdown, you know, I mean, like like Patrick Mahomes did not throw a touch down and they won by was it ten to thirteen points last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Man, that's that's that's crazy to think about that.
Speaker 11: And uh and then you lose, you know, your most targeted receiver to a knee injury a week ago, and you know, then your Koreem hunk comes in a rounds for a hundred and Juju goes for.
Speaker 10: One hundred and thirty. I mean, like it literally it it's.
Speaker 11: Just whoever Andy Reid, those in the in the in the gulash, whoever Andy Reid, those in the in the in the in the crock pot.
Speaker 10: You know it's gonna come out and it's gonna be smelling good.
Speaker 2: They might be calling you, when's the last time you heard from a team one.
Speaker 11: A long time ago, DP I got, I got. I got nothing for you. I got nothing for you. You need me on the golf team or to pick a ball team or something like that.
Speaker 10: I got you.
Speaker 2: But okay, but who who reached out to you? How long ago?
Speaker 10: This was the this was the year after uh you know, the last year I played. I talked to I talked to the Chiefs, and you know, I knew it was time. It was I had a great run. You know, it was time to move on to new endeavors.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, the Chiefs. I mean you didn't have enough to kind of do what you know Travis Kelcey's doing, you know, grab a ring here.
Speaker 10: No, No, there's no guarantees in life.
Speaker 11: I mean I've seen guys go ring, chase and a lot of different sports, and you know, I remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton going to the Lakers and chasing the day like there's no there's no guarantee just because you're on a really good team that you're gonna win.
Speaker 10: And you know, I had a great I had a great run and it was it was my time.
Speaker 2: He's Larry Fitzgai. You up for the Hall of Fame Next year.
Speaker 10: I believe so yes, believe you believe?
Speaker 2: So yes, sir, Yeah, I think you know so not believe. So Larry is joining us on behalf of DraftKings, offering the free to play pick Them pools every Sunday in October. DraftKings donating one dollar for the first twenty thousand entries every week the Larry Fitzgerald Foundation, and that funds breast cancer research and support. So it's the free to play pink. That's pink, not pick So you want to explain that a little bit more? Did I do? Okay?
Speaker 10: Now, you always do a great job.
Speaker 11: But Draft Kings, I've been very fortunate to have a six year relationship to this point. We raised over five hundred thousand dollars in the month of October. My mother lost her battle of breast cancer two thousand and three. You know, my executive director of my foundation, Daniel Frost, you know, just beat breast cancer.
Speaker 10: I've had ats and a.
Speaker 11: Lot of people close to me who would battle through this, and you know, it's just something that I'm really passionate about, and you know, it's really great that Draft Kings would be on board to you know, stay in the fox hole with me in our organization as we continue to bring awareness to a hideous disease.
Speaker 2: What hurts on you.
Speaker 10: Nothing. I've never had a surgery. Nothing. I wake up every morning and you know I have no issues, no issues.
Speaker 2: How is that constable? You never had a surgery.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I don't know. I was fortunate, very fortunate. God God looked over me.
Speaker 2: Dang. Yeah, that's important. I mean, for as many catchers and I'm looking here, you were really good at tackling people too. I got a lot of tackles in your career for a wide receiver.
Speaker 11: Right, yeah, I did, you know, But no, that was always a big emphasis for us.
Speaker 10: You know, if it was a fumble or interception, we got to get the guy on the ground.
Speaker 11: It didn't help me in the Super Bowl against James Harrison, But I didn't know I had to tackle it.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't know I had to tackle a man that.
Speaker 11: I don't know if he's ever tried to move refrigerator before, DP Like, you don't see. You don't seem like a guy who who really does too much domestic.
Speaker 10: Work around the house.
Speaker 11: But if you ever try to move a refrigerator, that's that's what it felt like trying to hit James Harrison.
Speaker 2: Okay, but there was a staffer who blocked you on the sidelines when he made that interception in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: It was not a staffer. It was actually answer a role.
Speaker 11: And so when he won his Super Bowl with the Giants, you know, made me more mad because you know, he stole mine.
Speaker 10: Man got himself wine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what are you thinking though, as you're chasing James Harrison because the clock is winding down and the half is going to end, and you're chasing him trying to keep him from scoring.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 10: I knew I would be able to catch him. I was gaining ground on him.
Speaker 11: I just didn't anticipate that I would have to run through another block from somebody on my own team, you know.
Speaker 10: So that that that part, that part hurt me.
Speaker 2: But you score that touchdown though in the second half, did you think you guys were winning the Super Bowl when you're running in Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I think momentum really shifted in our favor.
Speaker 11: And you know that that touchdown, you know, really put us in a really uh, you know.
Speaker 10: Positive position. So I thought it would be enough.
Speaker 11: But you know, there's a reason Ben Roethlisberger is the first battle Hall of Famer. And you know Mike Toma was going to be a Hall of Famer, and you know he had wanted a better office of coordinators and Bruce Aaron's and they made a great play to finish the game.
Speaker 2: Larry just picked up the game of golf not too long ago. And I think he might be a sandbagger. He might, he might lie on his handicap a little bit. But the most famous player or person I should say that you've played golf with us?
Speaker 10: Who I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean, I played with a lot of I was the President Obama, I would say, is way up there on that list. Many I get a chance to play with him, you know, every year, I always, you know, still kind of pinch myself. Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan's I've seen those are those are a.
Speaker 10: Lot of fun to play with him, so competitive and he learned so much from him. Turn their mental.
Speaker 2: Approachs okay, But how much money are you playing for when you play against Jordan?
Speaker 10: You know what, I try to keep it. I try to keep it within the reason. It's hard. It's hard to gamble with billionaires, you.
Speaker 11: Know, whatever, whatever whatever numbers comfortable for him is grossly uncomfortable for you.
Speaker 2: You know what about Tiger? Did you play for money with Tiger?
Speaker 10: No? No, we didn't play. We didn't play for money. He you know, he actually just likes to He likes to just have a good time. He doesn't that necessarily get into all the money games.
Speaker 2: But when you play against Barack Obama, they're secret service agents lining the fairway, aren't there.
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Then so I actually, uh, a few years ago, I was playing with him, I made a hole and wanted the group with him, and and you.
Speaker 10: Know I didn't.
Speaker 11: Really my celebration was pretty subdued, just because you know, you see all the semi automatical I got.
Speaker 10: I got a golf club in my hand, and I'm only tend feed away from him, Like there's a lot of things that could go wrong very quickly.
Speaker 11: And uh, and so I was like, Okay, you know, I act like you've been there.
Speaker 10: I want to act be my best. Barry Sanders impersonation.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you, Good luck with DraftKings, and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 10: Thank you have a great day. Man.
Speaker 2: That's Larry Fitzgerald, the former Cardinal wide receiver third overall pick back in four and made the Pro Bowl eleven times. DraftKings offering free to play Pinkham pools every NFL Sunday in October. DraftKings donating one dollar for the first twenty thousand entries every week going to the Larry Fitzgerald Foundation to fund breast cancer research and support. I once played golf with the Governor, Jesse Ventura, and we were in Minnesota. Well, you play and there's Secret Service guys lining the fairway, and I would joke with Jesse Ventura. I'd be like, you know what, your ball always seems to stay in bounds. Like he'd hit a shot and would go sideways, and he always found it. Secret Service guy always found it. And I mean, I'm not calling him a cheater, but it felt like there was a home course advantage there that he never hit the ball out of bounds. And'd be like, no, I'll be damn you found your ball. Huh. I thought it went right in the middle of the lake. Nope, didn't. I go, Okay, man, it must be your day, must be your day. Nope, didn't. Nope didn't. He was a lot of fun, though he was. He was a sharp guy, fun good opinions, strong opinions. Played with Ray Allen and Dante Colepepper and Andy. Ray's a really good player, and Jesse was okay. But Dante Culpepper shouldn't have been out there. First of all, he didn't know that golf was eighteen holes. He thought it was nine. And then we got to the end of you know, the ninth hole, and he was like, well, see you guys, We're like, there's nine more holes. He goes, not for me, So he ended up leaving. Yes, Pauline, do.
Speaker 6: You think it would be fun and relaxing to play with a present former president or just completely tense?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I can't imagine relaxing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so it would be. I think if you had a couple of beers and then you were able to talk like that, because I I would have a lot of questions, but I don't know if I'm allowed to ask him.
Speaker 6: And can you even in the middle of a round of golf, do you have to address it? Oh that's a great put, mister president. You wire to wire, it's mister press.
Speaker 2: Probably so yeah, Like I always thought Bill Clinton would be a lot of fun. If I'm we're having beers and I'm allowed to just talk freely that that could be interesting. What do you think of the raisor backs right about that win against Tennessee. Yeah, it's Todd he.
Speaker 5: Get into cracking.
Speaker 2: That was that was my That was my Bill Clinton, And you've been doing your Donald Trump and person.
Speaker 5: We're in competition with you there.
Speaker 2: That was it what mine?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: His was that Donald Trumps.
Speaker 2: No, that was I wasn't doing a pressure and here let me do it again.
Speaker 5: Fracking. We don't like cracking. We do like cracking. We flip. We flop.
Speaker 6: It sounds like you flip.
Speaker 5: You're not clippers.
Speaker 2: You're not doing an impersonation.
Speaker 5: We tend to flip. We flip one way, we flip the other flip.
Speaker 4: I call her flipper because she flips.
Speaker 5: That's all I got for it.
Speaker 2: I think if we're watching you, it helps.
Speaker 5: It doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: One of the things that really got me about sausage off.
Speaker 9: Was like Todd, like, you can't hear what we're all hearing. You can't hear that.
Speaker 3: That was the most fascinating part to me that he couldn't figure out that fork and falk weren't the same thing, and We kept going on and on about it, and like, you can't hear the difference there, You can't tell the difference. This is the same thing to me where I'm like, tell you can't hear that.
Speaker 9: You're not doing an impression and you're just talking. You're just you're just using your own normal voice.
Speaker 2: You can't hear that. Well, he did the Olivia Newton John tribute and didn't hear himself, not on you know time, uh, not on cue, not on I mean, you were a mess.
Speaker 5: It makes good.
Speaker 2: Sports Radio Association.
Speaker 1: You gotta answer it just right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Don't google.
Speaker 4: Let's just try to think it out, tell yourself, meant to know what you're talking about, or get embarrassed.
Speaker 2: But this, this was meant to be a very nice, sweet tribute to Olivia Newton.
Speaker 5: John's a huge oliving Noon John fan.
Speaker 4: It was not supposed to end up being a disrespectful, goofy thing.
Speaker 5: I took it very seriously.
Speaker 2: When I thought, I know, I know, yes, still.
Speaker 8: I think I've said it on the show before. There's nothing better than the big German goes Hey, guys, Fritzy needs to hear the music. He weeks goes, he does hear the music, He goes, oh, they never mind, And.
Speaker 2: Then we ask you, do you want to do it again? And you're like, Nope, I think I nailed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't really need to stay with the music. It's all about the words. Music is just a little extra thing in the background.
Speaker 2: Good sports conversation.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows. It's all about the lyrics, not the background music.
Speaker 9: He the best we're getting embarrass or radio and TV.
Speaker 4: I got to speed up a little bit the syllables to get that in the greatest moment.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break. We have a quick NFL game, trivia game.
Speaker 9: Doing an impression. I'm doing an impression of an impression, an impression.
Speaker 5: Terrible, terrible. Everybody loves me. They hate this one. They love me. Who knows, I don't know. They love they love me. Terrible terrible thing.
Speaker 2: All right, So the hot new NFL segment is is going to come up next?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: The NFL didn't officially track drops for receivers. I think they started what seven or something like that, But since two thousand and seven, Larry Fitzgerald had thirty seven drops and thirty nine tackles. They had more tackles than drop passes in a large portion of his career.
Speaker 11: Statam the Days the Dame, stat of the Day, stat of the Day, stat.
Speaker 10: Of the days, standing days, not of.
Speaker 2: The day, startup instead of the Day. Brought to you by Panini America, the official Trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. All right, we have a hot new NFL segment. Do you want to give the definition of the hot news segment?
Speaker 6: Well, first, we have a quick NFL quiz slash game.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, so we have two things.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's so much we can't get to everything. Okay, I think we have custom music for this. This is a stat I enjoy which NFL teams spends the most money slash caproom on its offensive line its infrastructure as they like to say, because I think this is a telling stat about teams that succeed and don't succeed. Which NFL team spends the most and I'm complimenting them on their offensive line? Who would like a hint?
Speaker 2: Or you can just answer Todd.
Speaker 5: You start Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: All right, see no Connor.
Speaker 9: How about the Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Okay, Marvin, the Ravens. I was going to say the Ravens too.
Speaker 6: The hint is now the Chief's got it. The Chiefs spend the most money on the offensive line, sixty six million in caproom, Joe Toney, Juwan Taylor, et cetera, et cetera, etc. So the thing there is, remember when they lost with Super Bowl to Tampa and everyone said invest in the offensive line, investing offensive line by not paying running backs and wide receivers and Tyreek Hill. They parked at all on the offensive defensive line.
Speaker 2: Okay, we did it.
Speaker 9: I think the Ravens that that's their biggest problem is their offensive.
Speaker 6: They're thirteenth in the league.
Speaker 9: Yeah, come online, okay, what are we doing all right now?
Speaker 2: Time for the hot new NFL segment.
Speaker 6: This is a fun one. Okay, guys in back just made this one up. Man, Did Blank need a game like that? Man? Did Blank need a game like that? You fill in the blank the NFL player, or it could be another college baseball Todd.
Speaker 4: I'm going with, Man, did Trevor Lawrence need a game like that? Twaight of thirty four, three hundred and seventy one yards two TVs and finally no longer win the lists of the Jaguars in that win over the Colts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seaton.
Speaker 3: You know what, maybe it's recency bias. I'm gonna say, Juju Smith Schuster. He needed a game like that. You needed a breakout game. You're kind of bouncing around a little bit trying to hold on.
Speaker 9: You got cut. I think a couple times.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he if that's the last great game he's ever gonna have, or if he's going to be the Super Bowl MVP and like with a game winning catch. I don't really know, but it could be those Marvin, how about you?
Speaker 8: Caleb Williams needed a game like that. I need to keep people off of him. As far as Jade Daniels because he's been playing so well, had a couple of touchdown passes. So Kyle Wims needed a game like that, Holly, I'm.
Speaker 6: Going back to last Thursday night, Kyle Pitts The tight End of Atlanta. Not a monster game, but seven for eighty eight on National TV. There's been a lot of hubbub about him now working out, though he hasn't really worked out and he was supposed to be the sure thing at tight end out of college.
Speaker 2: All right, Todd, do you have another suggestion?
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna stick with Trevor.
Speaker 2: We were gonna do two rounds, two rounds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll go round two. Okay, I'm gonna go bow Knicks for similar to what the reasons Marvin said. These other rookie quarterbacks are stepping up, and bow Nicks needed a nice clean game.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anybody else have another go round? Yeah, Seaton, I could run one back. Okay.
Speaker 3: Can I say Brian Flores needed games like plural?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: He's having a hell of a season for himself.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is defensive coordinator with the brother of the biker. Yeah, okay, Marvin, how about you.
Speaker 8: Brian Daball and Daniel Jones.
Speaker 6: Could you guys please say it the right way?
Speaker 8: Man man Comma. Did Brian day Ball need a game like that?
Speaker 2: There you go, you're right about that, he did. I was gonna go man Comma. Yeah, Kyler Murray certainly could use a game like that or something. Okay, we did it. All right, you play at home if you want. Yeah, uh Raj in Chicago? Hey, Raj, what's on your mind.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning, mister Patrick, thanks for taking a call. I want to weigh in on the poll from last hour. I just think, well, I did think that Deshaun Watson was the worst human on earth. That's coming on.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's the worst human on earth, but you know he's in the running.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's bad, He's bad. But now I'm about to go with Aaron Rodgers. Man, the dudes I had getting coaches fired. Man in the middle of the season, and that's my man. But yeah, man, he definitely has to the top of the list for worst quarterback situation right now.
Speaker 2: I think, Man, all right, well, but you can move on from Aaron Rodgers after this year. Robert Sala's head coach just got fired. Robert Sawer really wasn't involved in the offense. I don't think. I don't know if it's going to solve the issues there. But I mean, I'm looking at the numbers here. If you let me see if I have this. I don't know if I still have this. I think Todd sent it to me with the comparisons between Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson. Maybe I deleted that, but their numbers are kind of similar through the first five games from this year for Rodgers last year for Zack Wilson. Let me see Andrew and Washington.
Speaker 13: Hi Andrew, good morning, and that's thanks for taking my call. Yeah.
Speaker 14: I don't know if you notice that, you know, moment in London when Aaron Rodgers went down with an injury, the training staffs comes out, he comes off the field. Robert Sala did not address Aaron Rodgers. He actually asked one of the training staff what was going on as Aaron Rodgers walked by. At that moment, I knew his coaching career was over.
Speaker 13: He couldn't talk to his quarterback. So I don't know if that's actually a situation that somebody wants to go into so they know who's calling the shots and they know whose season it is. But on another note, I do want to send a thank you note on behalf of all of the Carolina Panthers fans and nation to Jimmy Haslin in the Browns organization for helping get David Tepper first of all, fade off the front page and make Bryce Young look like a cheap mistake. You're right, Deshaun Watson and the Browns have the worst organization going on. But my question is this, do you think the locker room ever wanted to play well for Deshaun Watson as well?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, you're kind of playing for yourself, so you want to play well. I don't think those players are like what this guy was accused of or guilty of, and you're not gonna play you know well. Now, they're players who haven't played well or up to standards because they don't like their coach and they know that a coach can get fired. But I don't think those players in the Cleveland locker room are going to go, hey, you know, let's not play well, let's not block well. Here it is Zack Wilson after five games, two and three Aaron Rodgers this year, after five games, two and three points scored with Zack Wilson as quarterback for the Jets, ninety three points scored with Aaron Rodgers with the Jets, ninety three whoo cow.
Speaker 7: Stall of a day, Stall of a day, Statuta day start out to day.
Speaker 1: This is the stule of.
Speaker 2: The day, brought to you by Panadi America. We'll check in with the Jets this and it came out of nowhere with Robert Sala being fired, so we'll track down somebody who covers the Jets. That'll be coming up next hour. Bob Constace will stop by as well. We will have a poll question for the final hour of the program. Update the poor results if you can seating so far hour two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got on there.
Speaker 3: When do you start watching hockey the beginning of the season or when the playoffs start? Right now, sixty three percent of the audience start when the playoffs start.
Speaker 2: NHL season starts tonight. You got baseball this afternoon, Phillies at the Mets and then the Dodgers at the Padres. That'll be at nine Eastern with game threes of their series. Tigers over the Guardians. The Royals beat the Yankees. Bob was on the call for that game. So two hours in the books on this Tuesday, one more to go eight seven to seven to three DP show operator Tyler sitting by the Gang's all here, the Minister of Humor Fritzi, Great Donald Trump impersonation, Seaton Marve Polly, Yours truly final hour on the way after this