Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovek, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All Right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers in today's session, and that includes Eli Lilly. You did see that stock gaining about four point eight percent in today's session. Double dose of news today's sending shares of Lily hired today. First up, the early morning news at Nova Nordk's next generation ob City shot falling short of Eli Lily's blockbuster rival drug. So that certainly weighed on Novo, but gave some momentum to the upside for Eli Lilly. They continue to really dominate in the GLP one space. We were just talking with our Madison Mueller. Secondly, the FDA has approved a label expansion for zepbound, which is of course Eli Lilly's drug, to include the four dove single patient use QuickPen. It just gives basically patients another way to use their medication. So that was seen certainly as a plus side for Eli Lilly. Let's go to a name we don't talk about a lot our Selects tickers ACLX. This one definitely rallying in today's session, up about seventy seven percent here at the close after Gilead Science has agreed to buy this US cancer focused biotech for as much as seven point eight billion as it looks to boost its drug pipeline. So we've often seen this move among some of the drug players. Gilead, which owns about eleven and a half percent of our Selects's outstanding stock, will pay one hundred and fifteen per share in cash, with a contingent payment of five dollars per share dependent on future sales. That was the statement to put out the price that was almost double ar selecx's Friday closing price. And then Domino's Pizza up more than seven percent out of highs today but finishing with a gain of about four percent in today's session after the company reported a larger than a expected rise in comparable sales as consumers were drawn to the pizza chain's budget friendly pies. So that include stuffed crust pizzas and its best deal ever pizza promotion. Wow yeah, all right, well, let meet some.
Speaker 4: Pizza, not all delivery related.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 4: Did you get it delivered?
Speaker 3: No, it's been a while, but I've had other pizza delivery.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, speaking of deliveries, we saw a big sell off here in any delivery payments and software stocks. Wanted to highlight door Dash that stock was down over six percent and all coming after that report we were talking about from Cincrini Research where they lay out the potential risks that AI could pose to various segments of the global economy. It's a situation where a lot of white collar jobs would be replaced by AI, and they said prepare for potential left hair risks as AI makes the economy increasingly weird. I also want to point out shares of Yeah, that's what they said inreasingly weird. They use the word weird, weird, interesting, weird things are going on Romain. I don't know, maybe AI had a hand in writing this and the word that they came up with not quite short, but Cintriny research.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also looking at shares of Gap, that stock falling closing the day down about six percent. We saw a lot of retailers. Gap was one of them closing after Trump said he will increase the global US terra freight to fifteen percent. Gap was one of the worst performers among its peers, with trading volumes about double the average for a normal day. And then finally IBM shares sinking thirteen percent, biggest one day decline in this stock since two thousand, the shares plunging after the AI startup. Anthropic said that its clawed code tool can help with modernizing COBOL. I think I'm saying that right, which is a dated programming language that's mainly run on IBM computers. So a big shock here too, again speaking to that AI trade and the AI disruption romain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do want to take a look at Yiltza for a second though, And right before we came to you, we had the CIO Citizens Private Wealth was talking about a bit of more of an embrace here of bonds, and you certainly saw that here on this day, probably one of the more meaningful moves we've seen with regards to prices meeting prices going up and yields going down. Your ten uere down about five basis points here on the day, four basis points on your two year yield and about thirty excuse me, about two basis points on your thirty year yield, So a bit of a shift down, not quite fully parallel, but a bit of a shift down in the yield curve. Here on this Monday afternoon.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.