Speaker 1: So Dave Portnoy adopted a dog, Miss Peaches, from I think it's called Lifeline Animal. I love that this is the message to adopt and don't shop. I think that that's really important. He has a big following, and Miss Peaches now has a big following. I guess she's single. I don't know how old she is, but she's a pitbull. And you can adopt the most adorable sweet dogs and not have to.
Speaker 2: Buy.
Speaker 1: And I will say I do cringe a little because Biggie Smalls were adopted. Cookie before was kind of like a weird hybrid there was. I bought her at a store that had non breeder dogs, like mixed breed dogs, so Biggie Small's were dogs I had reached out. I reached out to Beth Stern, Howard Stern's wife, who I just thought she worked with rescue animals, but she really specializes in cats. She has like ten million cats in her house and she is like the beautiful, stunning model cat lady. But I guess in this one scenario, she just had three dogs for some reason from north Shore Animal League in Long Island, and she texted me and said I happened to have it's weird that you messaged me. I happened to have three dogs right now from one litter, and she sent me the three pictures and she only had two them left, and so she said, I'll bring them both over.
Speaker 2: And I was with Dennis at the time.
Speaker 1: And when they came over, it was Biggie and Smalls, and they were the same litter, but such a difference in size. And by the way, I think it's beautiful that Beth works with rescue animals.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that.
Speaker 1: And she and Howard decided not to have children, and these are her babies and it's beautiful. And so she comes over and she brings the two dogs and Dennis as if people haven't been buying single dogs or adopting single dogs forever. Dennis is like, how are you going to take one? You're not gonna like you're going to separate them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess it was the whole litter, and this is what they were down to. It was the only two that were left. And I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: She said that.
Speaker 1: They were going to be euthanized in their mother's belly. Biggie Smalls were going to be euthanized in their mother's belly. I don't know if anyone knows this story. I've said it before, but it's been like a throwaway. I haven't like really said it. So Biggie and Smalls were going to be euthanized in their mother's belly.
Speaker 2: They are the same litter.
Speaker 1: They are twins, and no one really realizes that either, even though I've said it so many times. And they are now probably like between twelve and fifteen pounds difference, which is crazy to come from the same litter and to be such a big size difference. But they are obviously rescues. They are MutS that would have died if not rescued. And so I love that message about adopt, don't chop. I think it's the most important message. I think it's a great message to Lisa Vanda Pump has put out, Dave Portnoy, Beth Stern, myself. I think that's a great thing to talk about, like do not buy a fucking designer dog. Just do me a favor and just don't do that, Like there are so many sweet babies that need to be adopted. If everybody just didn't buy a fucking designer dog, that they have to put in their purse.
Speaker 2: The world would be a better place. I've rescued.
Speaker 1: I've rescued I think like seven to ten dogs in Puerto Rico on a trip with a celebrity and her daughter, and we were supposed to be doing another mission, and she got distracted by the dogs and it ended up sort of taking over the mission, which was good, but it been helping fewer people. It just distracted a mission one day. But these owners chained their dogs and then left Puerto Rico and we saved a bunch of dogs. I wonder where all those pictures are. My daughter was crying. They were beautiful. That was crazy too. Oh wait a second, I also myself. Yeah, I went back. I took the dogs in my arms with fleas.
Speaker 2: I paid for them to.
Speaker 1: Be treated by the vet, and then I found a local charity that came and got them. What a hard job that is. Do you know how hard it is to be a charity that rescues dogs. It's not like you're just picking up perfect little dogs like they have sores all over them, they have fleas all over them. It's really a hard life to rescue dogs, and no one gives it the thanks it deserves. So let's do shout out to people that rescue dogs, like physically go and rescue.
Speaker 2: Dogs, not people like us who you know, want the dogs have.
Speaker 1: Been rescued and trust and they're clean and they have shots and they don't have sores anymore, and they're better that we.
Speaker 2: Then you know, adopt them.
Speaker 1: I'm talking like the first step, which is to go get a dog that is flipping out and flea ridden. It's fleas and ticks and what else do they have? They have everything, it's really and then these vets that like, get these dogs. It's just horrible, So don't buy a designer dogs that.
Speaker 2: I think I opine if it feels like it affects my life in some way.
Speaker 1: So I think in opining over Megan Markle, I think in being in the monarchy is so prevalent that it kind of affected many people, but it didn't really personally affect my life.
Speaker 2: Let's not get that twisted.
Speaker 1: I think I opined on something like that because it just felt so macro. It just felt like, wow, can you imagine just being a normal person invited into the monarch? And I think it felt like the way it was handled it could have been handled differently. And I also think that there are lessons in public people's decisions and the way they handle things.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 1: There are lessons in the way Megan Markele handled leaving the monarchy and the way she handled the media.
Speaker 2: I think there are lessons there. I really do.
Speaker 1: I could say it in an aggressive way, I could say it in a non aggressive way. I think there are lessons there. And I think there are lessons in Taylor Swift's relationships as much as anyone else's relationships. We've all been in good relationships, We've all been in crazy relationships. We've all been in bad relationships. We've been in ones where we're obsessed, where we're infatuated, and we've been in relationships where we're the peacock and where we're not the peacock. And I think there can be a cautionary tale. And I think that I talk about certain people a lot, like George and Amal, who I don't know from what it seems, they try to maintain a level of privacy, and I admire that and I respect that. I think that I talk about Beyonce and jay Z and she seems to not be overly thirsty. She seems to be comfortable in her own skin. I talk about that. I talk about Ben and Jen and how I think they're having an emotional glow up, and how I think it's amazing that in both of their careers they are thriving. And I also talk about the fact that there's so much public in the career and it is avoidable. It is avoidable, and sometimes when you go big with your relationship in the beginning, you end up wishing you held things back. So when I think about like a Jennifer and a Ben, I'll talk about that in contrast to a George and a moll. It's not like I just talk about Ben and Jen because that's what's interesting.
Speaker 2: What's interesting to me is the overall topic of.
Speaker 1: Going big and being you know, public about a relationship versus being private. It's just these are just conversations. And I have talked about Megan and Harry about the way you do something in business, because there have been a lot of business decisions folded into their personal decisions, whether it's Netflix or whether it's the book, or whether it's everything at once, or whether it's going quiet.
Speaker 2: And they have gone quiet.
Speaker 1: Which is what I thought would be a good idea for them, because I think that going quiet is important because then you can come out and go loud and be heard.
Speaker 2: Obviously, these are just my opinions which are worth the one second you're listening to them for