Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh let's just you Gillmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, So immediately people are thrown off because I am doing the intro, which Danielle always does the intro. Okay, guys, I have some good news and a little bit of bad news. Danielle is not here today, which I know. Don't turn off the podcast because just wait, Danielle is in New York working on a super secret project for our podcast Are You a Charlotte? So if you're not listening to Are You a Charlotte, it's our Sex and the City rewatch, So I highly recommend listening to Are You a Charlotte? So that is where Danielle is, but it is not just me. The famous fabulous Easton is here. You probably know Easton from I Smell pop Culture and his amazing interviews. By the way, Easton, you've got a lot of good comments on your interviews.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you. My mother is doing her job if you're getting those.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of different screen names and she's going in there. We're going to do the news today. But first, how are you enjoying I smell pop culture and who has been your favorite interview?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I am having a blast doing these because it's it's like, partly I'm learning so much about these like musicians and actors and writers. It's really incredible, and then also it's like wish fulfillment, like I've always wanted to talk to Like I mean just the other day I talked to the bass player from Quiet Riots.
Speaker 3: I mean when we launched with Ginger from Gilligan's Island.
Speaker 1: Was that yeah, very Firstina, Louise.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for people that don't know, so here's what Here's what Easton does. So basically the pop culture that's within the Gilmore Girls episodes, we find the person, schedule them to speak with Easton and then he interviews them and then you guys get to hear it. So first we have to pick the pop culture we love, you know, which the most I would say most we love. There's a few that were like who, but most we love, and then we track them down and uh, there you go. Do you have a go to question you ask everybody?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: It's funny. I've been trying to I've been trying to come up with like, you know, like a benchmark question like something like that. And it was Greg Gremberg, who was in Felicity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good one. He's such a nice guy. Oh my god, he's the best.
Speaker 1: He's the coolest student in the world. That was one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: He's so cool, absolutely the coolest guy.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, just great. He's been at everything. He's the cool do the world. But he suggested I ask people, what does pop culture smell like to you? Oh that's good And I love that. And I forgot I keep forgetting to do it. I finally did it.
Speaker 3: I have a sticky note. I have a sticky note.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: What is my main question is how many of the people are aware they are mentioned in Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: That has also been a fascinating thing because this runs the gamut, like some people are like super fans and they know exactly when they were mentioned. They've seen the show a million times, and then some people have never heard of Gilmourt Girls, but they were like, oh yeah, my niece called me and told me that they mentioned, you know, SpongeBob or whatever. And I do the voice of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well kind of what inspired it is? I don't know if you remember, but during when we were watching the show the first time when they mentioned either Quirky Ballast or Mark Ballas's mom or maybe both. I think they were watching an episode with some ballroom dancing show from the UK and we just cold called Mark Ballas. He completely like people stop him all the time to say like, oh, your parents were mentioned. So that was what sort of inspired us to do this, and uh, I loved it. I loved when we called Mark Ballast so that I was like, oh, this is awesome. We have to do this. So okay, back to can you name a favorite?
Speaker 1: I think at this point my favorite has I mean, they're all my favorites. I can't choose, but I think, uh, talking to Dean Butler from a Little House on the.
Speaker 3: Prairie, Oh yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: He was so uh he had so many great Michael Landon stories and just series of making the show, and he was so nice and just everything I would have wanted from that.
Speaker 3: He seems like such a nice guy. Crazy bit of trivia do you know the crazy trivia about him? That he's married to Police Martin from nine O two one zero, Donna Martin's mom is that right?
Speaker 1: That's all that's right. And after the interview we talked. I told him that I worked on on an I two and O Rewatch, which Amy is a talent on, and I was like, oh, we got we got to talk to your wife and he was like, yeah, no about that, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: But how crazy they've been married for like a really long time. The other crazy one from nine O two one. Oh, and we'll get back to Gilmore Girls on a second. Is that Steve Sanders's mom was I think one of them passed away married to Claire Arnold's dad on nine O two one.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: So Claire Arnold's dad is married to Steve sanders mom and he was Dean Arnold? Is that right? Like the Chancellor l Dean Arnold? Jeez, Chancellor Arnold. Oh boy, okay, well that is our six degrees of separation for everything.
Speaker 1: Everything comes back to now two and know that's something I've learned about.
Speaker 3: And everything comes back somehow to Gilmore Girls. All right, So we begin today. So East is like, oh, before we got on you guys, East and goes like how does this work? Like how do we do it? And I go, oh, just we're just gonna start. It'll be fine, You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Just that expectation. I am the sound guy, everybody, I do the microphones here. Okay, so lower those expectations.
Speaker 3: Is this so not true? You maybe started your career as a sound guy and a bit player on the Ryan Seacrest Show, and you have taken that to be a star on many a podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're making me flash. Let's get into these headlines maybe, okay.
Speaker 3: So Happy birthday to May Whitman. So let's start with how May Whitman is connected to Gilmore Girls. So May Whitman was on Parenthood first, So Gilmore Girls aired, May Whitman then starred as Lauren Graham's daughter on Parenthood. Then when a year in the life happened, May Whitman had a little I would call it a guest starring, but kind of a cameo. So that is why Happy birthday May Whitman, who is thirty seven years old, which shocks me. Do you know why that shocks me?
Speaker 1: Why does that shock you?
Speaker 3: Because I just watching Independence Day and in Independence Day.
Speaker 1: Which I oh my god, she's the little girl.
Speaker 3: She is a little kid, six seven eight, not eight. I don't think she could be more than eighten maybe she's six because she's really tiny and they haven't Oh what did they call her? In that? They say they call her like the nugget, Like do you have the oh man? What did they call her?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Because I can see the lady from Battlestar Galactica talking to the president and saying, is the nugget with you? Oh man? What did they What is her nickname? On Independence Day?
Speaker 4: I know what?
Speaker 1: Oh god, nugget.
Speaker 3: It's something like that.
Speaker 1: I have some nickname for It's very cute.
Speaker 3: Controversial though, was an Independence Day two, which is not a good movie, but it gets better on a rewatch, Like I watched it the first time and was like, pass the.
Speaker 1: Fact you've seen Independence Day two multiple times as down as of course I have.
Speaker 3: Probably by the third time, I'm like, sexually not that bad. They did not cast May Whitman to.
Speaker 1: Play to play the grown up version, grown up version.
Speaker 3: And people were pissed, like people were really mad, And I think, first of all, I don't understand why they didn't cast May Whitmen, Like why why?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's able and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I remember it's only seen it two or three times. I think her character. Her character is like a badass, like Pilot, like her presidential father. But I think that she has a love interest with Will Smith's kid. Will Smith was killed, but the kid is sort of the star of the movie. I think they might be in love. What the heck it should have been? I actually think it should have been May Whitman, and it would have been a better movie with May Whitmen.
Speaker 1: Completely.
Speaker 3: Look, Independence Day is a nine or a ten out of ten to me, and the sequels like four.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, they tried but missed the.
Speaker 3: Markt Okay, Next, did you watch and I will give you the Gilmore Girls connection here? Of course, did you watch good Night and Good Luck the Live show on CNN with George Clooney.
Speaker 1: I did not. I watched the movie in two thousand and five. I have seen the movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you're going to get the Gilmer girl's connection. But this is why we're talking about this. So a lot of people on Saturday night. I actually want to say it was on Saturday night, random not Yes, it was Saturday, not Sunday, because on Sunday there's a lot of breaking news. So Saturday night and they they did the live show. I think it was the final Broadway performance of good Night and good Luck. Do you know about good Night and goil Luck? I was familiar. Yeah, I just know that George Clooney has been like everywhere because of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he directed the movie and.
Speaker 3: Correct and I think he had a small part in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, So they.
Speaker 3: Do the live Broadway show, which the thing I did do a little bit of a research is they didn't want to disrupt or disturb the audience that had bought tickets for it a long long time ago. So they had cameras sort of hidden all around the stage and that somehow they were able to control the cameras. Obviously there wasn't a camera person on the stage and they had cameras way up, but they it was shot well because I thought it was going to be irritating, right, I thought I was gonna be like, this is gonna be like my dad videotaping my Sound of Music musical. Actually my grandpa videotaped it and he did a nice job, but it was like still like an old timey you just would see the stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just I camera on a tripod, just looking at a stage.
Speaker 3: I get it and it would like take you out right. Yeah, but it was, Yes, it was a play like you were still like I'm watching a play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was really.
Speaker 3: Really shot well and I thought, great. Okay, So here is which we've talked about before. Here is the Gilmour connection. Not only was Rose Abdo Gypsy in the movie, Alex Borstein, the original Suki but later became the Harp Lady, was also in the movie. So do you like the movie?
Speaker 1: I loved the movie And at that point I remember seeing it and going like, oh, there's the girl from Mad TV. She's in the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Alex Sporstein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's great, And I was reminding myself the star of the movie is David straight to Aarry, Yeah, who was in Sopranos. He was the like teacher still is he?
Speaker 4: Oh he is.
Speaker 1: He is a live and kick and he is so yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I saw him at the This is weird. Actually no, I didn't. He looks like a different guy that I saw at the Bellwood Bakery once. It wasn't him, It was the different guy that I can't think of the name.
Speaker 1: He has a look. He looks like a couple of different guys around town.
Speaker 3: George Clooney played a totally different character in the movie than he did on the play. I think he's the lead in the.
Speaker 1: Play right, Yes, yes he is. And but he wrote and directed the movie as well as appears in it. And yeah, wrote it too, Yeah, he wrote it. He's very passionate about Murrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know his dad. That is a newsman, mister Clooney, Nick Klotoney.
Speaker 1: I didn't make that up.
Speaker 3: Wait, is it, Nick Clooney?
Speaker 1: Nick Clooney?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's he really wanted to impress his dad. Now, this next story, I don't even know if we should do it yet because I feel bad doing it without Danielle here.
Speaker 1: I completely understand if you want to save it till she's bad.
Speaker 3: No, we need to be timely. We're newspeople.
Speaker 1: I can't pronounce this name.
Speaker 3: I can, Okay, guys at twel and look, we all saw this coming. We saw this coming because it wasn't good. It wasn't good. I've never watched more than fifteen minutes of the first episode. Or Jackie. We'll bring Jackie on in a second. So a twell. The Amy Sherman Palladino Show that she did with her husband Dan Palladino and Luke Kirby, who was wonderful in Masl and allegedly wonderful in this is canceled and here's what I know.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What a shame. They had already ordered season two.
Speaker 3: They thought this thing was going to be really good, which so did I ish. I sort of thought, Look, it wasn't good. I don't know why, but it wasn't good from the start. Like when I watch, like right now, I don't want to be mean. Danielle and I say that a lot on this show, just so you know, we don't want to be mean. We want to speak the truth without seeming like mean. Be words right. Yes, in my body right now, as I think about going back and watching this, my body like, I don't know how to describe the feeling. I don't want to. It's like going to the I think I'd rather go to the dentist. It was so not good. I did not like it. I did not like it. Also, Easton little note, let me tell Easton something. Sidebar, guys, you can listen. Decent's at the office and we have a decorated office the fake tree. If somebody can do me a solid after this episode. The leaves need to be pushed down a bit, because see how you're seeing the wrong side of that leaf.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you really want to.
Speaker 3: That's like the really fake. But if you push them like you're doing, if somebody really spends some time and pushes all the leaves down, the tree is gonna look a lot better on camera. We'll post a picture of maybe snap a picture of the before and the actor, and let the people judge if I'm right. Okay, anyway, so back to It's ael you guys, Jackie, are you available to come on with us for a second.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, So, like I've said, I think probably for the past three weeks.
Speaker 3: I've even stuff on episode like four seven seven and how many are there?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 3: Oh oh my god, Jackie, you can't even bring yourself to watch the finale. I'm almost done.
Speaker 5: The thing is is like I appreciate the effort. I love the dance numbers.
Speaker 6: I love how they show New York City like esthetically, it is beautiful. It is like they are in Paris. I love how they show Paris and all this stuff. But I am just I don't find any qualities about it.
Speaker 5: You know, it's painful Charlotte or what's her name, Chyanne Tussan. I don't find any redeeming qualities about her. She's just always so angry.
Speaker 3: Is she the Luke Kirby of France or whatever?
Speaker 5: No, she's the dancer that they switch.
Speaker 3: Is it from France or the UK?
Speaker 5: She's from France.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's the Luke Kirby. He's the Oh she's the dancer. Not she's the dance. Oh, just pain it's just making my stomach sick. Yeah, Luke Kirby's great.
Speaker 6: I love Luke Kirby and Masel and I think he does a good job here and then. But the whole thing is about like dance and artistry, and maybe because I'm not like that kind of creative artist, dance person.
Speaker 3: It's not, that's not Why have you ever watched a baseball movie. I'm not a professional baseball player. I like a baseball movie. I'm not a football player, but I like a football movie. I'm not an astronaut, but I love independence Stead. It's it's not why.
Speaker 5: Look, I get what they're trying.
Speaker 3: Sometimes get a dud. Sometimes you make some look for the most brilliant. Let's think of a bad Steven Spielberg movie Hook.
Speaker 5: Maybe Hook I loved Hook.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't think of one off the top of my head. But nobody's going to bad A perfect game. Yeah, it's a perfect game. I don't I don't have an analogy of sports analogy, but and I just.
Speaker 6: Find like I need to root for somebody, and I'm not really rooting for anybody on that show.
Speaker 5: Shows.
Speaker 3: The show's not because it's not good. That's how they canceled it, because it's not good and they messed up. And look, poor people that loved it are really screwed because obviously, when you go into a show and you have a guaranteed two seasons, you're not wrapping anything up in the first season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're launching new storylines of anything.
Speaker 3: Jackie, You're gonna literally watch the last episode and it's just going to leave you completely hanging. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'll report back on another Becausette when I finished it.
Speaker 1: Having just watched. butN Heads, how does this like, how does it feel to return to the world of ballet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can't speak to it because only why fifteen minutes of A twelve Jackie is it? Bunheads? Ei or no.
Speaker 6: No, it was like Bunheads was a very small town like Dan Morrie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't worry too. Danielle hated Bunheads. I will tell you Easton. I don't know if you know this, because I hope you listen to Becausette, do you I do?
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's really a little.
Speaker 3: Boast and it's just obsolutely rude. Danielle did not care for Bunhead. She really stuck with it on my behalf. She did not like it. I think I can say Bunheads is enjoyable, Jackie, did you like Buttonheads? Yeah, I didn't mind it. It's good.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind it.
Speaker 5: Raves Jackie watch it once and then never return.
Speaker 3: No, I've watched it twice. You guys, Bunheads is fine. It is a totally fine, entertaining show where I actually grew to care about these people. Like some of them I cared about. I wasn't like crazy about whatever her Sutton Foster's character was, but I really grew to care about all those girls and even truly started to care about her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I loved Mazel, So, yeah, Mazel's great. After parenthood, five years from now, we're gonna do Mazel. But maybe we'll just do them concurrently. So anyway, twelve wasn't good, even though Kelly Bishop had a guest appearance on it. Yaniek was on it. I feel bad, but it's RIP twelve, Like.
Speaker 6: They even had David Byrne on there, like make a cameo and so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of the asp averse, is this the worst thing?
Speaker 3: Definite lyst and definitely yes. I that's a great question. Other than Gilmour Girls, Masil Twell, Bunheads, what else has she done? I'm looking up on IMDb right now. People love when we google, just so you know, the fans of this podcast, which fan maybe it's a fan the fan. No, we have a few people they love when we google. They don't. Oh, she was a pretty producer on Roseanne.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's where she started.
Speaker 3: So there's a few in here that I don't know. The Wyoming story, the return of Jezebel, James Ronica's closet. Interestingly, can't hurry Love? Huh? What was love? Roseanne was her first job that looks like but yeah, it seems like her real shows where a twel Marvelous Missus masel great show, gil Mcgirl's A Year in the Life bun Heads, gil Mcgirls. I don't know what the Return of Jezebel James is. That feels like that was a short lived show. It says only seven episodes. Yeah, that seems like a show that might have gotten canceled.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for twenty twenty six. A recap of Return to Jezebel James on this podcast.
Speaker 3: The Parker Posey Show. It was Parker Posey, Scott Cohen was on it. Max Medina. Wow, if anybody has seen that, please message us interesting. Interesting, well rip it's rip it twall and the return of Jezebel James. Okay, So in our obligatory is that the word obligatory obligatory not obligatory obligatory. Thank you so much. Sutton Foster News. So here's why we talk about Sutton Foster because Sutton Foster was a star of fun Heads and Setton Foster appeared in Gilmour Girls, so we we work her in she if you want to see her lot. So we talk about how we think the paparazzi photos of Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster are fake. They're posed. That's mainly what we talk about. We love them both, I really do. I love Hugh Jackman, but I'm convinced that they have set up paparazzi photos because they're like, way too posed.
Speaker 1: Oh imperfect. I'm looking at them now.
Speaker 3: So any way, Sutton Foster will be returning and performing at the Cafe Carlyle from November twenty one through December sixth, with a show called Christmas at the Carlisle, and she says she's always always thrilled to perform this intimate and unforgettable setting. Now, if I was in New York, which I won't because I don't fly, but you might be, or Danielle might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you should go. That sounds like a lot of fun. It's a cool looking place on the Upper east Side. I would love to see Sutton Foster.
Speaker 3: Explain something to me. Now. I notice it says on her Instagram hashtag calf Fight, Carlisle, hashtag Sutton Foster, hashtag Christmas, hashtag cabaret. What does that mean? Why do people do hashtags?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think people. My personal theory is that people have not used hashtags in over a decade. But it is a compulsion people put them into their posts.
Speaker 3: Why what is that? What is the intent because.
Speaker 1: They think there is a person who is going on to like Instagram and just going you know what, let's see what hashtag Cabaret has for me today.
Speaker 3: You have to search hashtag or can you search Sutton Foster? Do you have to include the hashtag?
Speaker 1: I don't think you need the hashtag anymore, but like you can even tap on the Cabaret hashtag and I'll just show you everything with that tag in it, which, again, who is doing that? I'm sorry? Maybe the Sutton Foster tag if you're like a super fan.
Speaker 3: Is anybody searching on Instagram? I just let the algorithm do its job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do the same thing, TikTok. I know people search on that a lot more, but they're not using hashtags.
Speaker 3: I got some amazing Instagram lore from the Tyra Banks short lived talk show, and I don't know how short lived it was.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the Tyra like daytime show.
Speaker 3: I just got the funniest thing of Patty LaBelle on Tyra Banks making cupcakes or eating cups, some kind of.
Speaker 1: That came up in your algorithm.
Speaker 3: Oh, my algorithm is intense because it's so my tastes are so weird. It's somewhere between breaking news and night Writer episodes like do you know what I mean? Like it's just super bizarre. Oh my god, we have big news, big news, big game. Now I'm assuming this is a video game.
Speaker 1: It is, you would assume correctly.
Speaker 3: Call of Duty Black Ops seven. So it's a video game. Yes, it's not a movie.
Speaker 1: This is not, but this is a movie movie. A little casting for this.
Speaker 3: Video literally, Milo Ventimilia will be starring in Call of Duty Black Ops seven video game alongside Kiernan Shipka legit, Michael Rooker, who's one of my favorites from Walking Dead, although he was Wait, is Michael Rooker Darryl's brother? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, so wait, don't tell me. This is my menopause brain. Immediately I know Darryl and the actor who I love that plays Daryl. His name is completely out of my brain. And this is what happens with menopause. I would always be able to access this. Do not tell me, because it will come back. So I'm going to take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: He's so handsome, it's a very fun name to say, I.
Speaker 3: Know, and he's currently married or dating Diane Krueger, which is crazy that I can pull that out. Yeah, he's super handsome. He was at a jingle ball. He's the nicest guy. He plays Daryl. He is super handsome. I think he was a model. He wrote a book. How about the fact that I can access to all this? I have the book. It's like a red book. He rides motorcycles. Do not tell me whatever you do, east didn't do not tell me. Oh my god, it's just vanished from my brain. He plays Darryl Dixon.
Speaker 1: He was also in a video game called death Stranding where they made it look exactly like him and it's basically just him.
Speaker 3: Why is there a G in his name? Anywhere?
Speaker 1: There's no G in his Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is what I cannot handle about. Menopause. Names escape me. Jackie's giving a clue that there's an N.
Speaker 1: His name is made up of four separate words.
Speaker 3: Blank blank blank blank, Yes you guys, and shout out to everybody that helps me with menopause. So Easton, the thing you don't know is I so I'm in menopause, but my brain hasn't recalibrated yet. And Danielle is pregnant, as you know. So between the two of us. This is what happens a lot it don't do not tell it to me. I love this guy. Nate, No, Nathan No.
Speaker 1: People just screaming at their at their podcast player right now.
Speaker 3: Am I am not googling it because I just I'm gonna don't. Let's go on and see if it comes back in. Do not tell me because I'm fully picturing him, and I do think his hair has gotten a little long and unruly. I sort of like the Darryl Dixon with a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once it gets like well, pass his chin, then they get to I.
Speaker 5: Can see the bow and arrow.
Speaker 3: I know, the motorcycle. I know. But the other lady that's on the show that they never hook up, but I think they have a thing.
Speaker 1: His mom was a playboy bunny. Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is so insane that I cannot think of it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna feel so good. Just imagine.
Speaker 3: I was gonna calm my body. Okay, wait, the Rommy Malick movie The Amateur, which I want to see because it looked gnarly with that pool.
Speaker 1: So did you see the trailers wild? Yeah, where like he makes a glass pool explode or something.
Speaker 5: This guy just.
Speaker 3: Does like the bad guy or whoever he's trying to I'm assuming he's the good guy because he killed his wife, like the bad guy kills Mefe. Just obviously just slide off the building. Very dangerous situation with a pool like that. But anyway, it's coming to digital and I think I'll watch it. So anyway, with the reason we bring up Rommy Malick, do you know why I don't He was in an episode of Gilmour Girls.
Speaker 1: He was in one episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like a guest star, and I don't have the episode on here.
Speaker 1: So now we will report on Raymy Malex every move until the day he dies.
Speaker 3: But we stretched the Gilmore Girls gives that like, hey, if you've ever been on it like we do John hamm News constantly.
Speaker 1: We did the same thing on icemopop Culture. It gets stretched.
Speaker 4: Baby. Let me tell her.
Speaker 3: We were gonna do some Ronny Mallick was in season four, episode eleven. We were going to do an Adam Brodie story today and I finally said, I can't do it any more, Adam Brod I have to take a break. I have to take a break. Melissa McCarthy on her Instagram. I don't know if she hashtagged it showed a rare photo of her eighteen year old daughter as she was going to prom. I can't believe Vivian Falcone old enough to go to prom.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, her daughter' named Vivian Falcone. That's such a cool name. It's like a movie star.
Speaker 3: Do you know who her husband is. He's that funny guy, Ben Falcone. Have you seen Bridesmaids? Yeah, he's in Bridesmaids with her. And when she goes to she's in the in the airplane, puts her leg up.
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 3: Give me a second on the Daryld thing here, it's just making me consane. Okay, So here's why we can talk about Jason Ritter.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jason Ridder plays one of Laurai's love interests on Parenthood. Okay, now I'm also having a moment. Did Jason Ridder do a guest star on a Year in the Life?
Speaker 5: Yes, he did.
Speaker 3: He was a park ranger and then Peter Krauser was also the park ranger. Okay, great, okay, great, great, great, So we can totally we can report on Jason Ridder till the cows come home. So the very famous bow Bridges is on Mattlock with Jason Ritter. Do they play father and son? I have not gotten into Mattlock yet, although I.
Speaker 1: Would want to watch this new Mattlock so badly because I hear.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be amazing. I started it and then I like got lazy, But I think I'm gonna go back a lot. Both bow Bridges and Jason Ridder come from very famous families. I will do Ridder first, obviously, son of John Ridder and grandson of Text Ridder.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Bow Bridges is the son of Lloyd and the brother of Jeff. So why yeah, Easton, I am at home today. So what we do at the end of the episode is I get out my Gilmour Girls cards. Now soon we will be doing Gilmourger's Trivia with the Trivial Pursuit Gilmour Edition. Now we've ordered it, but it hasn't come yet. We have Gilmour Monopoly, but Monopoly is not fun on the vodka. Okay, So see if you can answer this question. Guys, we haven't done this in a while. And before we end the episode, I will think of Daryl Dixon's name so handsome. Why can I not think of it? He's with Dan Krueger Dan Krueger, and I can't do it yet. Okay, ready, ready? What is the name? Now? I don't know if we've done this one because it's been a minute. What is the name of laurelized date from business class? And Jackie, you can play and if Emma's here, she can play too, But I don't know if I'm is here today? What is the name of laurelized date from business class? This is really almost impossible.
Speaker 1: That is tough.
Speaker 3: Where do Rory and Paris go on spring break? This one you should get because they bump into Colin Egglesfield. Come on, where do people go on spring break? You got this?
Speaker 1: King Kun Florida, Florida.
Speaker 3: Why does Richard go back to Floyd's company?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Floyd threatens to sue him over everything? That's right? Was that when he like left Digger? I think? So? Why does Tristan leave Chilton.
Speaker 5: Because he's misbehaved and he has to go to military school?
Speaker 3: That's right, Jackie. Okay, guys, before we go sucks so bad, I need you to tell me. Then Norman Norman read it. Oh my god, you guys, you guys, you guys. I did not I did not look it up. I did not look it up. It's like I just finally clenched and it comes back. So for anyone in menopause, you are fine. Just chill, totally chill. And that's what google and I don't want to say it too loud, but that's what it's four Could you hear me? So like you just say blah blah blah and she helps you out. So but you guys, I did not cheat that. I swear, I swear, I swear. It just came back. Now the end was a little bit of cheating that Jackie gave me.
Speaker 1: The end.
Speaker 5: All right, pretty.
Speaker 3: Good, pretty good? Well, this was fun Easton. Sorry did a lot of the talking. What else would you like to say? Feel free now, I had.
Speaker 1: A great time. I'm down to come back anytime you'll have me anytime. Daniel can't be here, And I hope everybody listens to I smell pop culture and giving me start coming up? Quiet right, Quiet, riot is coming up. And we're also talking to the cast of Seventh Heaven. Very excited about that.
Speaker 3: Huge booking, huge booking, really good do they have? How many do Seventh Heaven does get some references in Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a couple. You have to listen to the episode to find out exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: So do you go and you talk about the reference obviously and you pull the quotes and everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I explained that and then I present it to the person it's about, which is an often exciting moment.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And we always talk about Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't be good at your job if you didn't, like, really lean into where the pop culture reference is.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, a lot. You know, I think a lot of people are afraid to listen because it's like I don't want to just listen to someone from the Food Network talk about whatever. But there's a lot of Gilmore talk in these interviews, and most of the time, like everybody is the the people that we talk to are fans of Gilmore Girls. So it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I love it. Well, how do you feel about the gazette? And when we end gazette, we say, and that's the news. So I'll let you do it today, But first, how do you feel about the gazette?
Speaker 4: Did you do?
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy the gazette?
Speaker 1: I love the gazette and I've heard the gazette before.
Speaker 3: Have you watched Parenthood?
Speaker 1: I have not watched Parenthead.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Easton, you should tune it on Saturdays for our gazette where we talk about parenthood.
Speaker 1: Is it doesn't parenthood take place in the Bay Area?
Speaker 3: Isn't that Berkeley?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: That's right, they make they get the references off a lot. But yeah, also east an excellent placement and that you have that, so you're gonna do it before and after of the tree. That's important. And also that mirror behind you, it's not showing you, which is right. Yeah, that's yeah, that's that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's your arm on that.
Speaker 3: Once we get the tree set, I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be quite a vibe in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, will be. Are you in the one that's in the hallway or the one that flooded.
Speaker 1: I'm in the one that's in the hallway. I am not not in.
Speaker 3: The flood the latest of the studio that flooded.
Speaker 1: For those of you listening here at Kiss the fem in Los Angeles, we had a private bathroom near some of our offices and it was abused and flooded.
Speaker 3: Is that what happened? Somebody did a.
Speaker 1: That's the theory. That's the working theory. But that bathroom is also was not built properly.
Speaker 3: You think that the person did the poopy flushed and it went crazy and they just ran.
Speaker 1: I think so because I don't know if you sign you the footage from the flood. But it was like shin height like it. This wasn't like a oh, there's just water everywhere that you had you need like galoshes to get through. It was crazy. And that bathroom is now boarded up. You can't get in there anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, of all the things. So during COVID, this is the early days of COVID, and I in the early days of COVID, I lived like three doors down from my mom. I have since moved and I lived like forty doors down now I live a couple of blocks away now. I literally was it went my mom's house and then there were two little and they were like townhouses, so they're real close together. My mom's let's see one two than not me, so two apart. And my mom had gotten exposed to COVID at the doctor's office. So it was early days and they're like, you just need to stay away from everybody. She did not get COVID. She still never had COVID, but anyway, so I was all nervous about it, but she was feeling fine, so I felt pretty good about it. Of all the times my toilet overflowed, I don't even know why it overflowed. I'm not saying I did anything weird. By a miracle, I had a plunger. I had everything's going crazy, and I'm just like, this is happening trying to plunge the toilet. I now fully knew how to plunge a toilet when it happened to my toilet at my new house. I just was like, this is not a problem. I can totally fix toilets.
Speaker 1: That's an impressive skill. I'm happy you learned that.
Speaker 3: The poor person who did it and nobody knows because they ran Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, I'm nowhere near that incident. I am down the hall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've pluted our studio, but so you don't know the stay us at the studio.
Speaker 1: I actually have not been in there since since the flood.
Speaker 3: Go down and report back on your one of your upcoming episodes.
Speaker 1: I shall I give an update.
Speaker 3: And that's the news. You say it Easton and that's the news.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, everybody a don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.