Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from leagues dot Com, here's your host, Paul Judge, who loves fantasy football.
Speaker 1: It's fantasy football season, the best time of the year. Thank you so much for coming to the Fantasy Football Weekly Training Camp edition at Treasure Island. We are gonna have so much fun over the next two plus hours. We're recording tomorrow's Fantasy Football Weekly tonight, and then after the show you'll want to stay tuned for some deep dive data. Those of you that have been here in years past, you know you're gonna get some super cool inside the five data that I feel like gives me the best advantage that I can possibly get. I want to introduce my co host you know them by name and by voice, but maybe not by face. We begin with my immediate left, Thor Nystrom.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: You may remember Thor from such touts as Pooka Nikula At this time last year. To the left of Thor, Scott Fish from the Scott Fish Bowl.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hey, and at the end in something like your number twelve of Fantasy Football Weekly Service, Brian Johnson, Hey, hey, I just the Sam Darnold guy. You're the Sam darn At this time last year, on this very podium, you urge people to draft Kyrone Williams, correct, who was going undrafted at that time, one of your all time great touts right there.
Speaker 5: I went on to lose like three hundred dollars at the Blackact. I just walked away after my Kyron call.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: You should have banked it on Kiren. Maybe that would have been the answer right there. We've got so much stuff to get to. We're gonna run through training camp news from around the league. We're gonna show you what we each believe, each one of us believes is the perfect first round of your draft. We'll also give you the most beloved segment that we will do all year, the reach Around. That's right, We'll be providing the reach around for you later on in this show. We'll answer three tough questions, and we have got plenty of sleepers to unveil as well. So so much to get to over the course of this show, and we are very excited to be here. I especially want to thank Treasure Island for the hospitality.
Speaker 6: This is free.
Speaker 1: You've got free food in the back until seven o'clock. You've got food vouchers in the little pamphlet that you've got, You've got ten dollars of free slot play, and we've also got drawings for concert tickets and the one thousand dollars grand prize. Holy cow. So yeah, thank you Treasure Island. Amazing hospitality.
Speaker 6: We love it. Thank you so much, Treasure Island. That is tremendous. All right, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, well, before we get into the training camp notes, one last thing I should probably mention. Couldn't say it last week, I can say it this week. Guillotine Leagues has I've sold Guillotine Leagues to Matthew Berry's Fantasy Life. As a part of that, we have a totally reskinned new app, We've got a new website, and private leagues are completely free for the first time ever. So all of that coming it now, it's all available now, public contests coming very soon. And so that's been an exciting new development that I've wanted to tell you about for a long time. And I can finally talk about it very exciting. It's gonna bring Guillotine Leagues to the masses. Do you have any Guillotine League players here?
Speaker 6: What do you think? Yeah, man, it's the best. We love we love it absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'll like Guillotine League's almost as much as my man in the tank, Big Speed Jersey up here. That that is impressive. All right, let's dive into some training camp notes. I want to begin with the Buffalo Bills. Scott, give us the update.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A lot of the reports early from the reporters are that the offense is running through Kincaid and Shakir, which I know you're gonna love. Charge you'll talk about. With Diggs gone, and of course gave Davis gone, they brought in Chase Claypool. He's on ir. They're kicking the tires on Corey Davis, who I thought retired.
Speaker 6: He's stilly Davis is.
Speaker 4: They're kicking the tires on him. Mavalon is gonna miss most of the season for the IDP heads in the crowd, but he missed a lot last season too.
Speaker 1: So do we have any individual defensive players people here? We got all right, we got a handful.
Speaker 4: We'll speaking to eight people on that way, Yeah you are.
Speaker 1: I play Brian. How about the Dolphins?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Who wants to see charge take his pants off?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I bring my man later. I've got a room tonight. Yeah, just bring up John H. Smith will be talking about John new Smith last week.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about rookie wide receiver Malik Washington, who's been turning the heads in camp, competing with the zombie corpse of Odell Beckham for the wide receiver re roll.
Speaker 6: I think he beats out Beckham.
Speaker 5: Beckham is old af and if something were to happen to Tyreek Hiller, Jalen Waddle YACHTSI for Malik Washington, a guy he can too much grab for free, and he's returning kicks. If you're playing in the scott Fish Bowl and you know about the sick oh scoring that this guy's come up with kick returning arts from Elak Washington too, I kind.
Speaker 6: Of like it.
Speaker 1: All right, Thor, let's go to Green Bay first?
Speaker 3: Do we have to?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Jeremy and the audience would really prefer that we do.
Speaker 6: We didn't go with the Packers.
Speaker 7: Jah all right, Marshawn Lloyd dealing with a hamstring injury. I like Marshaw Lloyd a lot as a prospect, and I thought I was hoping for more from him this year, But the fact that he's dealing with hamstring injury, I think locks in Jacobs is the high usage RB one and the better news for aj Dillon, who might have been struggling for a roster spot. If Marshall Lloyd was one hundred percent, he gonna be locked into RB two. I think Marshaon Lloyd's just a Dynasty guy at this point, but he's a Dynasty guy I would target.
Speaker 3: Jake was gonna be there for two years and.
Speaker 7: Then they're gonna cut him, and then it's gonna be Marshall Lloyd's show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As you know, I went to Thorn in the middle of my Dynasty draft a couple of days ago and we talked through exactly that I ended up drafting Marshawn Lloyd.
Speaker 6: I think late second, early second round. Yeah, yeah, like it. Browns.
Speaker 1: Jerry Judy's missed nearly all of training camp with the leg injury, but he returned to drills this week. It looks like Judy's gonna be ready for Week one, possible starter role opposite of Mary Cooper. In fact likely starters role.
Speaker 6: Deshaun Watson getting mixed reviews.
Speaker 1: You know they're still not gonna play him. Kevin Stefanski feels like Watson doesn't need more live reps.
Speaker 6: I totally disagree. I think he needs all the help he can get.
Speaker 1: I'm under the belief that Deshaun Watson is broken mentally and physically, and I'm not.
Speaker 4: You call him cooked or very well done.
Speaker 6: He well, we'll find out if he's cooked or very well done.
Speaker 1: Nick Chubb's still not practicing. In my personal estimation, I don't think Chubb's gonna be ready for the start of the season. And then when he does come in, it's gonna be a light workload for Chubb. Right, it'll be eight carries in his first game, ten carries. It's not gonna go right back to the old days of eighteen twenty carries for Nick Chubb. All right, let's go to the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're now expecting Jonathan Brooks to be back around week three, week four, a little more ahead of schedule, unlike Chubb, who the reports are might take a little longer. Yes, Chuba Hubbard had a knee injury scare this week should be fine, he was already better than Miles Sanders should start the year out, and Deontay Johnson day to day with a groin.
Speaker 1: Deontay Johnson one of my favorite sleepers in this draft. Brian, Let's go to the Ravens.
Speaker 5: What's happening Golden Gopher Rashad Bateman getting rave reviews.
Speaker 6: No one's laughing at that.
Speaker 1: I don't even get it, wor laughed right, never mind, or got it at least. Rave reviews from John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna all right anyway. Okay, here's what Harbor had you get that?
Speaker 3: I didn't get that.
Speaker 6: You guys need to start drinking more or something.
Speaker 5: Man, geez all right, Rashad Babman Rave reviews from John Harbaugh. Uh, he said, quote Bateman's gonna take a big step. The ball is going to get to him a lot more. He's expected to be a top receiver in the league for us. That's what we're planning on. We've heard this a lot, but uh, the coach Speak index if you have If you don't follow the coach Speak Index on Twitter, I recommend it, he says. Harbaugh has an eighty five percent reliability rating.
Speaker 6: So, oh, that's hot. You gotta believe Harbor here Bateman will break out this year. It's gonna finally happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of the great things about Mike Zimmer. Dude just told the truth all the time, whether you want to hear it or not, which is great. Thor, let's go to Tampa Bay.
Speaker 7: I want to talk a little bit about Jalen McMillan, the rookie wide receiver from Washington who's getting a lot of hype. I like Jalen McMillan quite a bit. Actually, I rated him above Jalen Polk in the draft. Obviously he went a round and a half above. But here my concern is that the coaches are talking about moving Chris Godwin back into the slot. Yes, this year, they're talking about using McMillan on the outside. I'm just gonna tell you guys right now, that's not gonna work. Jalen McMillan is like a Tyler Boyd type slot receiver. This is just being done out of necessity for boundary wide receiver depth. I think Jalen McMillan now becomes a dynasty a guy that you target there and probably buy loan during the season, because I don't think he's gonna be doing much early on unless Godwin gets injured.
Speaker 1: All right, Mike, it might take Mike Evans to retire before he's got a reasonable spot in this offense. Let's go to the Texans. Jill Mixon returned from a quad injury. I'm just gonna take this opportunity to second what Matt Harrison said on this show yesterday. I think I think the decline in metrics and the decline in play for Mixon last year was noticeable. Cincinnati shipped him off to Houston. This is I'm nervous about him, and I I don't believe he's good enough to do anything more than what Houston's electric offense gives him the opportunity to do either. Still a scenario here with Damian Pierce or Cam Akers end up having a factor in this offense. I'm not giving up on Damian Pierce quite yet. You'll remember I urged the Bills for years to stick with Zach Moss. They didn't do it, and he turned out to be a good player. I'm holding firm on my Damian Pierce takes hear.
Speaker 5: That tank bigs We got you gotta buy a Damian Pierster.
Speaker 1: That's right, that that one's next, All right, Scott, let's go to Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that he does, because Tank Bigsby reportedly gonna see a larger role this year, which would be you know, basically anything compared to last year.
Speaker 1: You remember Bigsby scored in week one, Yeah, scored in week two, then dropped a couple of balls, had a fumble and never saw the field again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas Junior also can't stop making great plays to the point where opposing beat reporters can't stop talking about it in uh in scrimmages.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm very high on him.
Speaker 4: By the way, Christian Kirk missing a practice time with the calf injury. Brian Thomas already has a pretty good path to a role, but if there's injuries.
Speaker 1: Who Yeah, we're gonna talk talk about Christian Kirk later in the show. I'm very excited for him.
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Jamar Chase still not practicing. He's looking to get paid. He's really playing for the wrong team if he's looking to get paid early. He's got two years left on his contract, the final year of his rookie deal this year in the fifth year option that the Bengals exercised earlier this offseason. I think this gets settled, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about Jamar Chase not practicing. He's been at practice, but recently hasn't been at practice. So if there's a dip, I'm still buying. But keep your eye on Jamar Chase, A big name holding.
Speaker 6: Out right now. We're watching that one closely. Thora let's go to Seattle. What's happening.
Speaker 7: So this isn't the thing I want to talk about, but I do just have to say it. JSN is going to the moon this season. I think he's in for a huge season. But the note that I wanted to mention Kenneth Walker. The coaches keep talking about him beating the drum of a three down back with him. Yeah, I mean we thought Charbonney was going to take over as the pass catcher there, if not as a rookie then going forward. Walker acquitted himself better as a receiver last season, and certainly he did at Michigan State when they didn't use him on passing downs. Really at all so, if he's gonna be the three down back going forward, obviously fantasy stock.
Speaker 1: Up for the Titans. Traylon Burks is running with the first team offense. You remember trailing Burks. Yeah, the corpse of trailing Burks running with the first team offense. But that's because DeAndre Hopkins is out and despite the prospect of being a Week one starter, Trailing Burks his ADP three hundred and fourteen. That's pretty low. I'm pretty sure his wide receiver one hundred and one, which is a revelation that there's one hundred and one wide receivers in the NFL right next to Traylon Burks and ADP. By the way, something called Lewis rees Zammitt, who I just hopes makes an NFL team because his name is Lewis Reese Zama.
Speaker 4: He's a rugby Chiefs Chiefs scrap all right, possible kick return?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, all right, I've impressed you guys. You know something about Lewis Reese Zammitt rugby guy. Tony Pollard and Tase Spears sharing first team offense. Looks Spears got a short touchdown last weekend. Pollard has been more effective with his carries and the last thing with the Titans, which is not normally an offensive spend a lot of time on if a case you need another reason not to draft tight end chig A konk Wu. He may be demoted to a time share and he's splitting first team reps with Josh Wiley, who's a better blocker.
Speaker 6: So chig A Konklu to me not interested?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't drafting him anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't think you were Kansas City. You mentioned the Chiefs. Are you gonna break down Lewis rees Zammitt for no.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not. I'm just gonna mention Hollywood Brown expected to miss four to six week weeks with that sternoclavicular shoulder joint injury. I won't need surgery. He's gonna let it heal on its own. And also, the Chiefs are likely down to this season with Jess Pacheco and Clyde Edwards Hilaire at running backs. A little bit draftable in case they're.
Speaker 6: That generic Prince period was Remember that those two games.
Speaker 4: He got a couple reps. Last the last.
Speaker 1: Game, let's go to the Colts.
Speaker 5: Brian rookie receiver A Donna Mitchell turning heads recently, and we mentioned this last week. Josh downs out with a high ankle spring for at least six weeks. So some serious steam from a Donna Mitchell right now, someone who's climbing up draft boards. And we're still not liking Alec Pierce a whole lot, right fish, even though he's very cardiovascular fit. He runs track out there, he runs a lot of it's a lot of laps, but no catches.
Speaker 6: So let's go to the Saints.
Speaker 1: And if it were up to me, the entire thing would be about Rashid Shaheed, as you know.
Speaker 6: But I'm guessing you've got something else. No you guessed, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, all right, but maybe some cold water.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, Oh so Rashid Shah he had a foot injury. Now he has a hamstring injury, A separate one for a speed guy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I mean that's a big part of the utility. There A little bit concerning now that we are, how close are we to see we're a few weeks away if he has compromised at all or has to miss game time. Chris o'lave, a guy that I already love, is even further up. I think Chris o'lave is being underdrafted, but certainly monitor Rashichi heat if you are an owner.
Speaker 3: Like Paul and I are in plenty of elites.
Speaker 1: All right, final update for this segment in Philadelphia Open Battle for the backup role behind Saquon Barkley, your incumbent is Kenneth Gainwell. He's getting tested by rookie fourth rounder Will Shipley. I think Shipley thor is a little faster, a little more athletic than Kenneth Gainwell. But Gamewell knows the system right, He's not going to screw anything up. Do you think Shipley at any point is a problem for Kenneth Gainwell.
Speaker 3: I don't like Shipley.
Speaker 7: Shipley's not a good between the tackles runners, so he just has to do the receiving stuff.
Speaker 3: He drops too many balls, at least for me, so Gainwell might be stay.
Speaker 1: There, all right, drops more a special order. Is that what you're saying? That's exactly what I thought. That's what you were trying to get to. All right, Let's take a break. When you come back, we'll go through the rest of the NFL. Give you the updates on the training camp plus the perfect first Round draft.
Speaker 6: Will be unveiled.
Speaker 1: We've got four different variations of a perfect draft. Ultimately the crowd here will decide which is most perfect and the reach around coming up between now and the rest of the show Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchi and Yeah, absolutely a live audience here at Treasure Island. Thank you so much for coming down.
Speaker 3: Great to be here.
Speaker 1: We love actually seeing the bases of the listeners, well most most of your faces necessarily all of you, so mean Paul Charchi and Thorneys from Scott Fish, Brian Johnson. We're rolling through training camp news. Coming out of that, we'll talk about our perfect drafts. We are up with the Los Angeles Chargers, Scott.
Speaker 4: Sure, best Ball and rookie Fever dream Comani Vidal projected to miss the cut now after Patterson and Jared Patterson's been out playing him. Also a small school six round pick. He's also listed behind Elijah Dotson, JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards aren't losing their jobs, and Isaiah Spiller is the special team starter, so he might be out of a roster spot.
Speaker 1: We talked about him favorably a week ago now, Yes.
Speaker 4: The tweets about him out there, all right, send him to the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Get him on Kenny, get him on the Cowboys. I know that is a that one is worth watching for sure. I just I drafted at Ezekiel Elliott in like the ninth round of a guillotine league with eighteen teams.
Speaker 6: And nobody interested in him right now?
Speaker 4: Is that ours? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you're actually in that one. Yes, thank you for passing him that many times. Let's Brian, Let's go to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 5: Raiders have the most heated quarterback battle in the league. I really want to know who was gonna win this job, because I'm pretty high on this offense all of a sudden, especially the pass catchers Davante Adams of course, Jacobe Meers, my boy, and Brock bowers.
Speaker 3: By and all in, all of them in bulk.
Speaker 5: And if whether it's Aiden O'Connell or Gardner, Minshew, I'm team AOC, I know your team, Minshew, charge.
Speaker 6: I am, I'm team Minchell. Want to break the tie.
Speaker 5: But either one is gonna be serviceable in some serious late round value in either best ball or superflex.
Speaker 1: H you know a lot of Viking fans in the room, we remember Aidan O'Connell from that three to zero game last year. That makes it a little bit hard to muster enthusiasm for him. Classic rewatch, that really is right, instant classic that one. Let's go to San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Thor Brandon Ayuk rumors. I know you guys are as sick of them as I am. We have another change to day. Apparently now there's a better chance he's gonna stay with San Francisco, be it through an extension or he wants the other year of his contract reworked, but still might get traded. I mean, we're gonna have to see. We're not at the finish line yet. But if he were to be traded, I think the biggest beneficiary would be George Kittle because Ayuk is their single high coverage guy. He destroys single high coverage Kittles. The other one, Deebo Samuel is the double high guy, the two I safety guy where he eats.
Speaker 3: So just something to keep an eye him.
Speaker 7: But right this second, it would appear that Brandon Ayuk will be staying.
Speaker 6: But Jane, right, what about Ricky Piersoll?
Speaker 1: If he goes I like breaking pier Sali.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quite a bit. That he'd been struggling with the injuries.
Speaker 7: But if we get the Ayuk trade and then Pierce All gets over those injuries, yeah, I think he starts fast.
Speaker 3: It's a guy who is wide receiver.
Speaker 7: Won the last three years for Jayden Daniels at Arizona State, Anthony Richardson in Florida, and then Graham Mertz last season. Very good route runner, maybe the best set of hands in the entire class.
Speaker 3: That stuff that Kyle Shanahanky.
Speaker 1: Used, all right, fantastic. Let's go to the Lions. Jamier Gibbs has got a hamstring injury. We hate hamstrings because they're nagging, they reinjure. But fortunately he suffered a twenty seven days before the start of the season, and the timetables got him coming back before week one, and in the preseason, you don't take any chances with the hamstring injury.
Speaker 6: You just rest him.
Speaker 1: In the regular season. Desperate teams do dumb stuff and they rush people back from hamstrings. That won't happen here. And the other thing of the Lions or there isn't a ton of action fantasy wise, Craig Reynolds and Vaki Is that right, thors Vaki, I believe, Yeah, Cooni Vaki are battling for the roster spot behind uh, Jamier Gibbs and David Montgomery. Who is Cion Vaki do I need?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: He played safety most of his career.
Speaker 6: That's not a good sign.
Speaker 7: And then one one random week last last year, the Utes had all these injuries and they switched him to running back without telling anyone. Okay, cal the guy ran for like one hundred and seventy five shut up. Yeah, yeah, and I guess the Lions. You know, now you have the versatility, but they're playing him more at running back by Yeah, interesting player.
Speaker 6: All right, Let's go to the New England Patriots. Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a few things here, but I'll just stick to the quarterback situation where Jacoby Brissette has not looked good Drake May. Just a week ago they thought maybe he should sit for a while, and then he gets a rushing touchdown and has a really good night last night, and now they all want him to start. So keep an eye on that one. But I think we might start to see May earlier than expected.
Speaker 3: Brian.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Dallas.
Speaker 5: The Patriots have like eight sleeper wide receivers this year, Kishon Booty is a thing again. So all right, anyway, the Cowboy, Yeah, we gotta go to Dallas. I guess where Ceedee Lamb's still holding out another monster name wide receiver, refusing to play until he gets paid. We'll see if Jerry Jones calls his bluff or not. But Brandon Cooks is banged up with a knee injury. That means Jalen Pulbert's stock is surging. He was going virtually undrafted in eighteen round leagues early this summer. He's now going in the fourteenth round and that might keep climbing. So hopefully you packed your bags on Jalen Tolbert because again price is going up.
Speaker 6: But a guy you want to keep tabs on.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Arizona.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what I want to talk about here is Trey Benson, a guy who, yeah, he was a difficult evaluation because he ripped it up. In twenty twenty two, he broke the PFF charting record in college for a misforced tackle rate. But then last year, do you guys remember Kaylen Bolage? Oh yeah, absolutely, Kaylin Blage was another like big athletic freak at running back who ran the ball like he had the vision of mister Magoo or like he was wearing like drunk goggles. And sometimes we saw that last year with Trey Benson, another athletic freak who also has a multi faceted skill set.
Speaker 3: He's a good receiver.
Speaker 7: Too, but sometimes the vision in the field waiver on him. And that's what we've been seeing so far in camp. So not good for this coming season. It is good though, from the perspective of James Connor, who now has a stranglehole than that RB one John.
Speaker 1: He really does, and I think being underdrafted right now as well lew with that for sure. Yeah, we're gonna I'm gonna give you some great data on him. After the show.
Speaker 5: About Klein, we want to talk about next Alfred Blue.
Speaker 1: Chicago's trying to salvage the career of Vellas Jones by moving him to running back. He's scored in last week's preseason game. Bears have got that deep roster of running backs, though, it's a real problem and nobody's going to come out of that. I think with much of uh well, Vellas Jones isn't going to come out of that with much time the Bears. Other runners have gotten mixed usage. It's believed that DeAndre Swift is going to be the lead back, but Khalil Herbert has looked really good in the two preseason games. Roshawn Johnson still there. I know that you were high on him last year, and last year they rotated the backs a lot, but that was a Luke Getsy offense. Now we've got Shane Waldron in and he really pounded Kenneth Walker last year. So I think this thing is still up in the air and how Chikaia was going to use theirs. But the belief is that DeAndre Swift it will be the lead back. But I still drew. I still view this as a fluid and potentially frustrating backfield.
Speaker 5: I don't like that Bears fan was laughing while you were talking about Felis Jones as a running back.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous. Let's go to the command No, not Commander's giants.
Speaker 4: Scott Malik Neighbors looking incredible. Tweaked his ankle this week, should be fine. Returned right back to practice Thursday. Uh Tyrone Tracy who I know Thorn? I really like. Uh carted off after a sprain ankle earlier this week, also returned back to practice Thursday. Apparently they just keep spraining ankles and coming right back, so they should be both be fine. Tracy, I like, is a really deep sleeper this year?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the Commanders Brian receiver we were all high on last year, Johan Dotson.
Speaker 5: Ah, yeah, he wet the bid big time, but he is not locked in as a starter this year alongside Harry McLaurin. It could be a ole media Zakias, I say that, right, Scott Chaus. Maybe rookie Luke McCaffrey, who Thor loves. Can McCaffrey play the boundaries?
Speaker 6: Thor?
Speaker 3: Sure, kem okay?
Speaker 5: But yeah, Dotson looking a little dicey for him. He has been getting work in the slot those so we should be on the field. But he's going well ahead of Luke McCaffrey. I think those ADPs should probably be flipped at this point, we say, Thor agreed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And the concern there if Dotson does come in as wide receiver three is you guys? Recall Washington drafted Ben Sennett in the second round. Ben Sennett's been great so far this preseason. They could be going to more twelve personnel offense. Obviously, the wide receiver three is gonna get yanked off the field when that happens.
Speaker 6: All right, Thorp, Let's go to the Jets, all right.
Speaker 7: Malachi Corley, a guy who I tried to tell everyone in the spring was not good, has predictably not been good early on in camp. Malachi Corley is not a wide receiver. He is a glorified running back who plays slot receiver. At Western Kentucky. You got a metric ton of catches because they would just shuttle him the ball off close to the line of scrimmage. They did this air raid whatever, and then Malachi Corley broke up on tackles of crappy comforts USA defenses. Conference USA is now the worst conference in the FBS. But for me, Corley harkins back to when Green Bay drafted Amari Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers hated working with him, and then he was quickly ushered out. Malchi Corley is basically the exact same game, and I don't know that he's gonna be playing much this year.
Speaker 1: All right, great, great Intel Falcons. Michael Pennix. That first round pick, the shocking first round pick, looked very promising in his NFL debut. They've said Kirk Cousins will not play in the preseason, so we're not going to get any ability to compare and contrast those two. Cousins, by all reports, is fully healed from the achilles injury, no issues there, throwing the ball and planting very very very very well. Wide receiver Rondell Moore lost for the season with a knee injury. That solidifies playing time for Darnell Mooney and for anybody who wants to really deplay Ray. Ray McCloud is your new number three wide receiver for the Falcons. A couple of teams left to Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish I could be talking about Brandon right now, but when that p Hiss Stealers career kind of rivals Antonio Brown's Bill's career. So Jalen Warren couldn't fully beat out Naji Harris somehow, so it still might be a split. And with Arthur Smith there both in contract years, I don't want anything to do with that now. Also, of note, Russell Wilson in practice through a touchdown pass to Justin Fields and Justin Out at one hand itself. Justin field's kick returner, wide receiver out quarterback.
Speaker 1: At this point, get break open your scoring system right there? Yeah, Brian, how about our very own Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's happened with the Vikings lately.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to talk about here the rest of the segment.
Speaker 5: I just want to take a minute to talk directly to Sam Donald out there.
Speaker 6: I hope he can hear this.
Speaker 5: It's time for all Vikings fans and fantasy football players to rally behind Sam Darnold, who's going to resurrect his career with the Minnesota Vikings throwing to the greatest wide receiver in the world. Has never played for real football team. So I'm sorry about JJ McCarthy, especially the four Yeah sort pegged the JJ McCarthy real life draft, I mean, so impressive. McCarthy will be back, But it's Sam Donald's season, baby, summer of Sam.
Speaker 6: Let's go couple. Come on.
Speaker 1: People still reluctant to support Sam Donald. They're they're understandably hesitant. That my favorite thing on Donald that I've that I've turned up since the Vikings signed him. Of every head coach and offensive coordinator he has ever played, ever started for, so not San Francisco last year, but everybody else, and it's a long list because they kept turning head coaches and offensive coordinators and all these teams, one of them is in the league today. All the restaurant of work, I mean, Sam Donald has been dealt a bad hand. That does not mean he's gonna be good, but it is. There's reason for optimism, and there's clear this is the best landing spot that he's had in his career. All right, Thor you've actually got the last two teams, Broncos and then the Rams.
Speaker 7: With the Broncos, I got a couple ones. Javonte Williams has looked really, really good in camp, so that that's good to see. Finally looks like he's getting close to one hundred percent. Looks like he's gonna be the early down back with McLoughlin probably becoming the receiving back. And then the other thing, Marvin Mims looks up hitting on the wide receiving core. Marvin Mims looks like he's toast. Troy Franklin has been terrible so far. Josh Reynolds would be the beneficiary of all this if both that continues, in addition to more targets going to the running backs in this case McLoughlin and the one other sort of deep deep sleeper guy I wanted to shout out here. Devon Veley from Utah was a cleveand teammate of Hoki. Yeah, he has been getting some pub in camp. He's like this blank canvas guy who didn't do anything in college. But he's six five to two ten and he had a RAS of like, you know, ninety eight percentile. I mean, he is an athletic freak. Last year Utah's quarterback situation what's terrible.
Speaker 3: So maybe we won't hold that against Vley.
Speaker 7: Someone to monitor if you're in super deep dynasty formats.
Speaker 3: What's his name again, Devon Vley?
Speaker 1: Okay, Devon Vley, not Van Dale, gotcha all exactly?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: Lastly, Rams, then we'll wrap up Rams. Jordan Whittington had a good preseason game. He's been getting some hype and McVeigh Sean McVeigh did say he's going to.
Speaker 4: Have a role, gonna be fact.
Speaker 3: Or a factor.
Speaker 7: I'm not buying the hype on Jordan Whittington. You guys, remember what I just said about Malachi Corley. Jordan Whittington is a poor man's Malachi Corley.
Speaker 6: It's a dollar Tree.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's another manufactured touch slot receiver who's actually more of a running back. In that game, he got touches against guys who are going to be practice squad or out of the league, against soft zone, vanilla coverage. When you're sitting back, the defense is sitting back. That's when you can get the manufactured touches to that guy. Sure he could break some tackles the guys who are gonna be out of the NFL in a couple of weeks. I don't see it happening during the regular season. He is certainly not.
Speaker 6: Pooka a CoA, no poking outstanding. He's not even DeMarcus Robinson. No, he probably isn't. As a matter of fact, I love Decus Robinson. I don't know about you, guys. Goodyear or two.
Speaker 1: When we come back, the perfect first Round, can it be done? We're gonna give you our four variations of what we think is the perfect first round. You in attendance will be able to vote for the best one. We'll talk it through the first round. When we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly Live a Treasure Island. Welcome back, Fantasy Football Weekly live from Treasure Island. This is a highlight of our year, for sure. We love talking to all of you, seeing you all here. Everybody's excited for football season, Fantasy football season. Don't know for sure what's gonna happen with the Vikings, but we do know that it's gonna be a great fantasy here they all are. Let's talk through the perfect first round. We each think the four of us that we have concocted the perfect first round. You will have the opportunity to weigh in with your own preferences and see who's closest to what you think is perfect. We're gonna show you each round of a twelve team draft in the first round, and we'll we'll talk through each one of the rounds.
Speaker 6: Now, the first round.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot to say because all four of your hosts are on. Christian McCaffrey, even me, you know, I'm mister do the opposite. I don't like to take run in in my drafts, but sometimes it's so compelling that even I would take a running back in the first round. Any of no objections to this, right? Is there anybody who would not make this Christian McCaffrey. Pick I got one too, who would you take? Yell it out Priest Holmes and Tyreek Hill Okay, okay, Price Hall okay, right, not Priest Holmes.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it? Got it okay.
Speaker 5: I mean speaking of Priest Holmes, I mean McCaffrey is like the closest thing that we've had to Priest Holmes.
Speaker 6: Tomlinson, he's that. I mean, it's a dying breed.
Speaker 8: There's Jersey here man, what of the odds? Look at that Priest hol Dang Priest Holves and take big dude.
Speaker 6: That's all we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a great his similar career arcs. All right, let's go to pick number two of the first round and we finally get some different answers. Thor, you're probably the biggest outlier here with Justin Jefferson in your number two position in the first round. Talk to us about why you've got Justin Jefferson here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean he's gonna be a ludicrous target hound this year. I mean, so Hawkinson, as we all know, is not gonna be starting the season. I also start to wonder when Hawkinson is like preparing to come back, there's no need to rush him right.
Speaker 3: I mean, so they're gonna let.
Speaker 7: Hawkinson because the Vikings are not gonna be good this year. They're gonna let him have as much time as he wants. And then Addison, we'll see about the start of the season, but then we might get a suspension in October. That's when when his court date is. And then also the other thing is the game scripts are gonna be going in the direction of the passing game as well. Justin Jefferson last year was on a two thousand yard pace playing with the trashiest quarterbacks you've ever seen.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: What are you saying about Kirk Cousins, your NFL passing leader when he went down?
Speaker 3: Perhaps Cousins, but there is others you've met after.
Speaker 6: So you're saying, they.
Speaker 5: Don't have a trashy quarterback anymore, and you believe in Sam Darnold.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what I said. Finally, exactly what I was saying. And I think the offense will be a little bit better than people think. The Vikings have a really, really good offensive line. They're gonna be able to run the ball this year. They finally have a competence starting running back and again metric ton of targets for Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Now for Brian and Scott Fish if at this time next week we're doing fantasy football weekly next week and Ceedee Lamb still hasn't shown up? Is he in your number two position? Like you've got him right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm not worried about a holdout. When was the last meaningful holdout? Like non rookie stud that misc It was that Emmett Smith in the early nineties, like it's had a couple of rookies, but all the more recent ones twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twelve, they were all they all came back the week before the season started. So next week, I'm still not worried.
Speaker 1: Still not worried. I've got Tyreek Hill in number two position because I love the consistency and I love the fact that they use him near the goal line.
Speaker 6: We'll talk more about that.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventy one hundred and seventy one targets the last two years.
Speaker 5: Ceedee Lamb ten yards per carry last year, two rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 6: I got about that. Donald to do that? Actually, yeah, impressive, all right?
Speaker 1: The third pick overall, we've got Bjeon, Robinson, Breeshall, Breese Hall, and CD Lamb like John Robinson once again, Thor bucking a lot of trends here. Talk to me about Bijon all the way up at pick number three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's gonna get a big time usage spike in what is going to be a much better offense in an offense this year being run by an analytics guy. You could say that Arthur Smith would be the opposite of that would probably yes, fair to say. I just think both those things in combination, that the spiked usage in a much better offense.
Speaker 1: Tyler Lgier scares me. I just think he's gonna have more another season where he gets more of a role, and especially at the goal line.
Speaker 4: I don't know as a guy who played in the league with Tyler.
Speaker 1: Elgier, Yes, yes, a close personal friend that you are.
Speaker 4: That guy wins seven and seven. He's kind of he's kind.
Speaker 6: Of in the average.
Speaker 1: All right, So Brian, tell me about Bresall. What do you like about Bresol enough to move him all the way up to number three here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's early for running back, but Bristol kind of feels like he's fallen into that Priest Holmes, La Danian Thomlinson tier of your I mean, seventy six catches last year. He was coming off major knee injury. I mean, he's he's gonna get Bell Cow usage in New York behind a good offensive line, a good offense. He could very well Usurt mccaffery's the overall top fantasy players.
Speaker 4: Also, he had eleven rushes over fifteen yards and seven receptions over twenty year.
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 4: Just explosive.
Speaker 1: He Bresaw is such a better pass catcher than I think most people realize.
Speaker 6: Ninety five targets. How about that ninety five it's a ton, it's Eckler Like.
Speaker 1: Let's go to pick number four of the first round, Jamar Chase, Jamar Chase, Bjon Robinson and Jamar ch So let's talk about Jamar Chase for a minute. Brian, what made you put Jamar Chase here? He's pretty nasty.
Speaker 5: I don't know, He's just really good, good, good strength to schedule for Cincinnati wide receivers.
Speaker 6: And what separates Chase from me? For Jefferson?
Speaker 5: And now I'm gonna like sort of talk down on Sam Darnold. But it's his quarterback, Jamar Chase as the best quarterback of all the elite wide receivers, better than Dak, better than Donald even.
Speaker 6: That's why hopefully he doesn't hold out though.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jamar Chase can't go wrong there and huge massive spike weeks with the safe floor too, he has single handedly one.
Speaker 1: Leagues for sure. Jamar Chase very very safe here. Three of the four of us have him in position number four. I'm holding firm, just one running back so far. Let's see what happens next. Pick number five, Seede Lamb the Sun God, I'm on Ross Saint Brown, Justin Jefferson and Justin Jefferson. We get our first appearance of I'm on Ross Saint Brown. Brian talk about why you've got him higher than anybody else.
Speaker 5: Don't like him in GIA teen leagues as much with that week five bye, But I don't know.
Speaker 6: Some God is also safe as it comes. He can that offense.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of competition for targets, but he is the alpha. And uh, you know, weather terrorism is not going to affect the Lions this year. They play like all but two games indoors. I think I put stock into that and I don't know, even though he was kind of annoying in that receiver show.
Speaker 6: In my mind, I don't care. It's a points so drafted.
Speaker 4: Even in guillotine leagues, he had double digit PPR points in almost every game.
Speaker 6: It was the week sixteen of seventeen games he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the top fifteen receiver ten times last year.
Speaker 6: Yep. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I could not even with that early by I'm all over. I'm on Ross Saint Brown, even in the guillotine format. Justin Jefferson has now been accounted for by everybody except Brian. Let's see if he shows up here. There he goes so thorer. You finally got bris Hall in here. I still haven't taken him. And it's not because I don't love Brits Hall. It's just because he's a running back and we've still got awesome receivers on the board, and philosophically, I'm sticking with proven awesome receivers over basically everybody except Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean a little bit different of a strategy. I tend to go running backs a little bit earlier if they get really yeah, I mean, like if the usage is there, the projected usage is there because the position falls off so fast. And I agree with everything that Brian was saying about Breese Hall and our friend over there that said he was the you know that he would take.
Speaker 1: Him number one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a metric ton of usages coming, you guys. Recall Breese Hall came into the league with the injury, you know, and everything like that, and now you're gonna see him at.
Speaker 3: The peak of his powers.
Speaker 7: And then outside of Garrett Wilson, what else do they have there? I think he's going to get a lot of targets as well.
Speaker 3: Mike Williams. Can he stay healthy?
Speaker 7: You know my opinion of Malachi Corley right then, it's just like Conklin and he's like the efficiency guy. But yeah, I think a lot of a lot of usage coming for Breeze.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to pick number seven. Tyrek Kill, Tyra Kill, Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 6: Aj Brown.
Speaker 1: It sounds like one of the slot machines right outside the door here, Tyrek Hill, Tyreek Hill, Tyreek Hill. All right, So I had Tyreek Hill way up at number two. You guys are killing me right now. What is it that you don't like about Tyreek Hill? To punish him way down to number seven.
Speaker 5: I just feel like I'm scared to death every time he's playing. But he's not going to finish the game. I mean last year he was on a record setting pace, and yes he fizzled out, and I'm not predicting injury by any means.
Speaker 6: It's on the wrong side of thirty.
Speaker 4: I think churched. Just listen to conying for John who Smith.
Speaker 6: I always account for John hus Smith. Here's my angle on Hill.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 5: Wherever you get him, he'll probably get off to a great start. I flip him after a hot start because their playoff schedule is brutal Miami. So at any point, like last year, if you were to trade Tyreek Hill in Week eight, you could have gotten anything you wanted in return. And if he gets off to that kind of start again, I'm gonna flip Pill for all right, major game.
Speaker 4: I think it's just a little nitpicky. You got John Euan, you got a chen who might take a bigger step forward and especially in the past game, and uh yeah, it's just a little nitpicky.
Speaker 1: Let's go to pick number eight.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 6: Brown.
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 6: Brown to A J.
Speaker 1: Brown's Jamar Chase and Bryce Hall Brian, give me fifteen seconds on AJ Brown.
Speaker 5: Here, Philly's gonna throw more with new O c Kellen Moore, you would suspect and A J. Brown He's he's a beast, he's a legit and Devonte Smith is legit too. But I just think Philly's gonna be throwing a ton in AJ Brown. He's a He's just about a stafod pickure.
Speaker 6: You can get with this pick in my mind, so I'm happy to A J. Brown.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to pick number RAH, Selection number nine. Huka Nakula making his first appearance. Garrett Wilson, Garrett Wilson and Garrett Wilson. Door, there's your chance to peacock a little bit.
Speaker 6: On Kuka Nakula.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 7: You guys know what I think about Pool. It's weird dip like to me to see like people fading him. I don't really understand the justification of that. I don't know why he wouldn't just get better now that he's checking.
Speaker 3: Your guy more experienced there. Yeah, I mean he's gonna get pounded with targets, super cups or nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we need to take a break when we come back. We'll wrap up our perfect first round. We'll see who you think is the leader in our attempt to be perfect with our first round. And when we come back, it's.
Speaker 6: Time to give you the reach around.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly Live from Treasure Island. Welcome back, Fantasy Football Weekly Live from Treasure Island. Thank you all for being here. We've got they're telling me.
Speaker 6: They've just told me.
Speaker 1: Fifteen hundred people watching along okayfan dot com right now. Hello streamers, great to see you, Thank you for watching.
Speaker 6: Can I say hi to my my dog kute Ruby Ruby Ruby Hi Ruby Hi Ruby Ruby best. We'd love lavie on that wife.
Speaker 1: And also and also my wife, but mostly ruby ruby.
Speaker 6: Ruby's off of cute.
Speaker 1: I can't say, I can't you can't call it, you can't call it buddy's wife cute. Then things get weird. Ruby super cute Thornice from Scott Fish. Brian Johnson with you. We are working through the first round of what our attempt to have a perfect first round rap and we've made it through nine selections. We're gonna wrap up picks ten, eleven, and twelve in similar fashion, and here is selection number ten. Jonathan Taylor Bijon Robinson, AJ Brown and Davante Adams. I guess I will talk a minute about DeVante Adams. Sure, who's ever been who here has drafted Davante Adams and been burned when Chuck did not expect You don't expect anybody who raised their hand super safe?
Speaker 6: What's that his first couple of years? Yeah, first couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go back far enough, right, remember when he was dropping all those passes with the Packers in the early years, and we're pretty sure that it was never gonna come together, but boy has it. Uh, you gotta go a long time to find disappointment DeVante Adams. I think Gardner Minchew don't listen to Brian Gardner. Minshew will bring added competent. I know I want his competency at quarterback and we know Minshew can deliver that DeVante Adams super safe, tons of targets. So I'll be the first person to take him off the board at selection number tenure thor you're the first person to go to Jonathan Taylor. Tell me why you like Jonathan Taylor had picked ten.
Speaker 7: You know, last year he gets to the late start to the season and when he was there. Richardson had gotten hurt, you know from the analytics. Uh, you know, looking back now several years, players that play with quarterbacks that have you know, a bunch of rushing attempts that the dull threat guys, they get about a half a yard added to their ledger. It's just something that really helps running back. So him playing next to Richardson, I like the weapons. They flesh that out as well. The offense is going to be better this year.
Speaker 6: It is going to be better this year.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe quite good if Richardson comes together nicely here for I just with Johnson Taylor caught more. That's all.
Speaker 6: That's the only it's the only knock on him.
Speaker 3: That's what Minnesota's own. Evan Hall is there for.
Speaker 1: Oh house, I know, the incredible hull, the incredible hull.
Speaker 6: How many back this year?
Speaker 1: All right, how many catches you got on Evan Hall this year?
Speaker 3: I'll give them. I'll give them forty two. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, that means they're gonna have to throw to him like sixty five times.
Speaker 7: That We got to teach Richardson to check down. He likes rocketing it down the field.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I like him rocketing down the field as well.
Speaker 1: Let's go the position number eleven of our Fantasy Football Weekly first round. I'm on Ross Saint Brown, Jonathan Taylor, Pooka, Nakula, Pookin Nakula. These are all guys that we've talked about before. But Thor let me, I keep coming back to you because you have the most contrarian draft here. You've got I'm on Ross Saint Brown quite a bit lower than anybody else, five spots lower than the next closest person. What's your concern here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess it would be ceiling in comparison to those other guys. I like to swing for the fences and I, you know, you just go apples to apples with some of those guys that I have above them, I don't like it quite quite as much. Floor obviously is very very high. You're buying certainty with him, for sure.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, the ceiling is where I other guys get edgrim out for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, and our last pick of the first round, selection number twelve, Derrick Henry, DeVante Adams.
Speaker 6: And two Sam Laportas.
Speaker 1: Scott talk to me about Sam Laporta with the final pick of the first round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's not just that he's he was a top seven tight end ten times last night last year, fourth in receptions fifteen yards, eight receptions over twenty plus yards for a tight end. It's not even just that stuff. It's it's what it does to my roster construction when I take him at the end of the first round on that corner that my tight end is done for the draft and I can take so many shots at running back and wide receiver. In fact, I took him at the corner of our draft take and I got a very angry text.
Speaker 6: Yes you did. As a matter of fact, battle not happy about that one at all. Yeah, I liked.
Speaker 1: I like Sam Laporti here number one tight end. I love it for all the reasons you talked about. His rookie season was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was it?
Speaker 1: I think eleven hundred yards, nine nine touchdowns, something in that ballpark, just you know, unbelievable rookie year.
Speaker 6: Kyle Kitts like yard one.
Speaker 1: And only yardage one. Ye, that's right, Okay, now, firm, it's in the house. This is your chance to vote on which one of us has come closest to perfection. I'm not going to reread all of the players for all the people. But I want you to make noise as is radio. You can't like raise your hand. I need you to make noise for that is that represents how much you like that person's draft. We will work our way left to right, beginning with Thor Nystrom. We've got some people who like your contrarian angles. Thor. Okay, Brian Johnson, all right, well done, nailed it, nailed it, all right, nice Scott Fish. And then there's me. I'm the guy. I'm the weirdo with only two running backs in the first round. How about little old charge. I'm getting thumbs down from the back of the room. Back there was just as loud. But I felt like there's some negative There were some negative vibes in the room for sure. I think our winner of the most perfect. I think you should drop it. Brian Johnson, well done, my man. All right, there you go out, Brian, were declaring you the winner, and by virtue of winning, I was going to give you a hot dog, but they're gone now, no more hot dogs for you.
Speaker 6: It is time. I'll drink the water, the hot dog water. Who loves the reach around.
Speaker 1: These are players that we would take one round in advance of their normal draft position. So we will begin by showing you the players going in the second round, and we will tell you each of us. For each of us, which of these players we would actually draft one round ahead of we would reach a round for this player. So these are, in this case second rounders that we would take in the first round. Makes sense, I believe. Let's begin. Uh, let's begin with Brian on this. We'll start you get You get to go first, since you won the previous game.
Speaker 5: Well, I I faded Puka in the first really just to get a rise out of Thor, and it didn't work. But uh, Puka certainly worthy of going in the first round. So I'm going to take the lay up here and I'm taking Puka Scott round one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I took. I put Laporta down for this. I've I walk the walk every time it comes up on that back corner.
Speaker 1: I take Laporta, Thor your reach around player in the second round that you would take in the first.
Speaker 7: Well, I suppose you know it would be Puka and Henry, but already talked about them a little bit. Sor right, I'd rather talk about Crystal Labe here mentioned before the your heat injury, and then also Michael Thomas being gone and Juan Johnson being hurt. I think there's so many targets that are going to be headed Chrystal Lab's way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just so you'll love the volume I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also in Sam Laporta. I've just talked about it. I've got him in the first round. One hundred and twenty targets for a rookie tight end.
Speaker 4: Last year, like four players in that list I've taken at the end of the first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would feel good.
Speaker 1: And you ad DeVante Adams I had I had going pick eleven or pick ten. So there's a lot of great opportunities here. What if Sam Laporta is just what if it as a sophomore he's twenty five percent better? I mean, it would be such a huge differential for you to have a tight end that's going to clock in at that point at like twelve hundred yards and thirteen touchdowns. Yeah, it'd be awesome. We'd love that, and it is possible that he could get there this year. All right, let's go to round number two of our well, I guess it'd be round number three of our reach around which would mean these are third round players we would take in the second round.
Speaker 6: For this one, we begin with Scot.
Speaker 4: Come on, look at that.
Speaker 6: Come on, I know, of course you gotta be it's got it right.
Speaker 1: You and I weren't stumping for Nico Collins two years ago for nothing to avoid.
Speaker 4: Him here like it's been longer than that. It feels like forever.
Speaker 6: What do you like about Eco?
Speaker 4: As much as you want to worry about Dell and Diggs taking targets, they're also going to raise the raise the boats on that offense, you know, the rising tide scenario. Second best in yards per target, fifth best in yards after the catch as well last year. Uh. Just he's going to be the number one and he's not going to face a lot of brackets and doubles.
Speaker 6: All right? Four?
Speaker 1: Who is your reach around target in round three that you would take with round in round two?
Speaker 7: I went with Deebo, although I did do my I locked in my answer before the newest Ayuk news came out, and I you know again that those that changes every ten minutes. But if if Ayuk is traded, it's going to be Debo And then you know, ostensibly Piersall maybe on the other side in an offense where the tight end and then the fullback around the field all the time.
Speaker 3: Debo.
Speaker 7: You know again, it's just a target and usage thing. At that point, I'm not scared to take the first quarterback off the board. I want to take Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: I mean, why would you not want your quarterbacks who scores double digit touchdowns in three straight years?
Speaker 4: Will he's still with that line?
Speaker 6: I absolutely will.
Speaker 1: You know, let's I'm trying to remember the name of the new center behind behind Kelsey. Jason Kelsey is gone, but they put second round equity into that guy, knowing that Kelsey is. I don't think it's Nah. I don't think it is. I'm trying to remember. Maybe right, maybe it's Cam Jurgens. Somebody in the audience will know he gets to throw to aj Brown at DeVonta Smith. The other quarterback who's going neck and neck with Jalen Hurts is Josh Allen.
Speaker 6: He's throwing to Keon.
Speaker 1: Coleman and Curtis Samuel. This isn't even close. Jalen Hurts, I'll take all those rushing touchdowns. I'll take the security I love. I just feel like he's so so safe, good passer. I love all the rushing, all right, Can I give the right answer now? Please give the right answer, Brian.
Speaker 5: It's Isaiah Pacheco who's gonna dominate the touches.
Speaker 6: Ah, I like it.
Speaker 4: Crowd is with you on this.
Speaker 6: On every down in.
Speaker 5: An Andy Reid offense, with the best quarterback in the world, you're gonna get round one returns in Pacheco. He's gonna finish as RB three. He's gonna outscore Bijon. Only Brisau and Christian McCaffrey likely to outscore Checko here, I'm putting that on Wax.
Speaker 3: All right. I like it.
Speaker 1: You've convinced me all those honestly. All right, Let's move our reach around to round four. Which of these round four players would you take? In round number three? We begin this time with thor.
Speaker 7: This is the easiest one for me so far. It's Malik Neighbors. Milik Neighbors is ADP shouldn't be what it is here. It should be around higher in some drafts, depending I would even consider I'm late second round. You see the huge discrepancy between Marvin Harrison Junior and Melik Neighbors in these rankings. There should not be that thing should be way way closer. Uh, and he obviously it's just gonna get absolutely pounded with targets. That receiving court before he got there was a wasteland. So yeah, he's wide receiver one with the second that card was turned in.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got Trey McBride. Did you know from the time Zach Ertz went down last year and Trey McBride became the full time starter, he was the highest scoring tight end in fantasy football?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: And now I know there's a lot of people like, oh, Marvin Harrison, I'm scared. Hold me, Marvin Harrison by just open up the middle of the field for Trey McBride.
Speaker 6: And it's not like this, This offense can't feature two pass catchers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about like the fourth option here. I'm talking about Marvin Harrison and Trey McBride. Is your obvious one and number two pass catchers in an offense in which Kyler Murray can feed two guys. I like Trey McBride. All right, Brian, who is your reach around player in round four that you would take in round three?
Speaker 5: I like McBride a lot. I like neighbors, a lot. I also like DK Metcalf a lot, So that's my answer. The Seahawks are very run heavy under Pete Carroll. He's gone now. They have a new offensive coordinator and Ryan Grubb. He was the OC at Washington. The college very pass heavy that should come over into the NFL. So Seattle's gonna flip the script. They're gonna be throwing the ball a ton. There's competition for targets with Metcalf primarily JSN. I'm with four he's gonna have a breakout year, but Metcalf is still the best of the bunch, and I think he's sitting on his biggest season yet, So I'll reach around on DK.
Speaker 1: All Right, Scott, wrap up round four for us.
Speaker 6: Which of these round four guys would you take in round three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had the same as you charge. I had Trey McBride second half, as you've kind of alluded to their third top three and targets, receptions and yards. I agree with you on Marvin Harrison. I think he serves as not his target competition, but he draws coverage and that defense is absolutely terrible. There's that they're gonna be behind and throwing all the time.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to round at number five. Which of these fifth rounders would you take in the fourth round? I think I am up first on this one, and for.
Speaker 6: Me, that is do do doo.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me see here now, I will t I'm gonna pass for this while I get my notes going crowd.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I did have CJ. Guess it's not Alvin Kamara. I did have Seede, thank you. I did have CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 1: I had something else in my notes. What I love about Stroud is I don't have to guess which one of the Houston receivers is going to be a good receiver this week. I can just take the guy who's throwing to the deepest, best set of wide receivers in the NFL, and that's in Houston. Obviously offensive rookie of the Year last year and by a mile really nobody close borderline historic numbers for rookie output for CJ. Stroud, and now he gets what if he gets better twenty five percent in year number two, which he absolutely has room to do.
Speaker 6: So I love CJ. Stroud here.
Speaker 1: I have no problem not taking running backs early in the draft, as you know. So I've got Stroud here, Brian, who is your reach around player from round five that you would.
Speaker 6: Take in a round four?
Speaker 5: They have some good choices in this one. Some people will be upset. I'm not taking Kyle Pitts. I was tempted, but I'm going with a Mari Cooper. Last season, Cooper had the fourth highest air yards shared percentage air yards equal big plays, and the Browns expect to have an even more uptempo offense this year. Cooper was wide receiver thirteen and twenty twenty two wide receiver sixteen. Last year, He's going in the mid twenties among wide receivers.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. So I'm reaching around on Cooper. I like that answer, Scott, who is your reach around in round five?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got Anthony Richardson. I just like I like players that can beat game breakers and league winners that just score an absurd amount of points, especially on the ground. Last year, when he got injured, he was he was scoring point four to three point fantasy points per snap.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Every two times he snapped the ball, he got you point a half times he got you point wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The next closest was under point three at the time. He got injured. Josh Allen with his fifteen rushing touchdowns, was a little over that by the end of it, but every time he snaps the ball tons of points out of it.
Speaker 1: Anthony Richardson, there's there's a real window where he's the highest scoring quarterback in fantasy football for Anthony Richardson, all right, there a wrap up round.
Speaker 4: Five for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Kenneth Walker here for the reasons I we were talking about before.
Speaker 3: It gonna be the three.
Speaker 7: I'm back and I agree with what Brian's saying. It's going to be a better offense in Seattle this year with Ron grub All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's go to our final reach around round of this of this segment, and that's round six. Moving into round five, Brian, you are up first.
Speaker 5: Well, last week I said Terry McLaurin was going to be a top ten wide receiver this year. Ye reach around right on Terry who Over the last four years McLaurin one of only six wide receivers to top one thousand yards in each of those seasons, and at the same time, he was bottom third at in catchable target rate.
Speaker 6: Getting garbage looks from your boy, Sam Howell.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to say charge, but now mclaurin's got Jaden Daniels, who was the only FBS quarterback last year with ten plus air yards per attempt and a catchable throw rate of at least eighty percent. Cliff Kingsbury is the new OC. I see very big things for Terry McLaurin this year.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, who is your reach around player? In round number six?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one was tough. I thought about Ramantre. I thought about Calvin Ridley with Chris Godwin, just because there's absolutely no competition for targets in Tapa Bay with him there, He's going back to his natural slot role, which we've talked about before, where his catches go up, his targets go up, his yards per game go up. Weirdly, he's scored more even though he's a slot, even though from the slot and slots don't score a lot. Everything goes up with Godwin there. Trey Palmer's the wide receiver three, and there's just nothing behind them. He's gonna be on the field constantly.
Speaker 6: All right, and thor round six? Are you taking a round five?
Speaker 7: I rarely agree with Brian, but I have to hear I'm going with Terry McLaurin. I think it is Washington's offensive improvement this year is going to be stunning, is gonna knock people's socks off. He mentioned it about Daniels, that's all true. They have a better offensive brass now as well. And then who's going to be the wide receiver two looks like Dawnson's gonna be out of there. Mclaurin's gonna get all kinds of targets and Daniels, Jaydon Daniels loves to hunt downfield as well.
Speaker 1: All right, my selection for my reach around in round six that I would take round five is Christian Kirk.
Speaker 6: I alluded to this earlier.
Speaker 1: Jacksonville's got the fifth most vacated targets two hundred and fifty one vacated targets. Cal Ridley gone, Jay Jones gone, and the replacement.
Speaker 6: Is Gabe Davis.
Speaker 1: Low volume.
Speaker 6: Dave Davis gave donuts. Gabe gave us a donut.
Speaker 1: Christian Kirk was already a dependable volume guy that's gonna get pushed to the max here. He's gonna he's sitting on career highs in targets, receptions yards.
Speaker 6: I could see him.
Speaker 1: Getting one hundred and twenty two hundred and thirty targets in this offense. Christ Kirk super super safe, love him here. All right, let's take a break. When we come back, we'll go through the second half of our reach around. It's such a great segment we have to do it for two full segments. It's Fantasy Football Weekly Live from Treasure Island. Welcome back Fantasy Football.
Speaker 3: Weekly Live from Treasure Island.
Speaker 6: This is like the It's like the start of football season right here.
Speaker 3: Oh we love it.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, delighted your here. Everybody goes watching Cape dot Com streaming right now. Thank you for watching as well. You'll also get to hear the show again locally on Kfan on Saturday morning ten o'clock. All right, let's go through the remaining I think we've got five more rounds of our retrounds. We can't still have plenty of reach around action for you. Let's go to re round number seven. Which seventh rounder would you take in the sixth round? I forgot who's our is Scott or you are? Is it your turn to go first?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: I will all right go for it. Sure I ever see Rice with Hollywood injury for you know, four to six weeks, no suspension really insight. At this point, Rice paces to be the top wide receiver option for Casey, which didn't used to mean much, but last year it kind of did for him, and over the last month of the season he was top ten in receptions, averaging nine yards, sorry nine yards and then four after the catch. That wasn't a nine times about that.
Speaker 1: Like you can't say the word nine around here and think you're not gonna get that.
Speaker 6: That was still solid audience part.
Speaker 1: It was very good, thank you.
Speaker 4: It wasn't all right. Seventh in red zone targets with six scores eighteen point eight PPR points per game over the final six Wide receiver one was actually a thing last year.
Speaker 1: Love it, okay, Rashi Rice four. Which seventh rounder would you take in the sixth round?
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Rashie Rice, but so as not to be redundant, I'm gonna toss out Deonnay Johnson here, Caroline. His offense is gonna be way way better and Bryce Bryce Young is gonna be way way better now that here's you know, somewhat of an offensive line. And what did their receiving corps lack last year about everything, but dudes who got open. Deanni Johnson gets open at a rate analogous to any receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Angled. I do think Carolina's offense gets takes a big step forward. The coaching improvement alone is gonna.
Speaker 5: Gonna come from one coach alone. Yeah, I'll just take that nice usage of analogous. That's definitely never been used on Fantasy Football Weekly before in my time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's because you never understood what it meant.
Speaker 6: I think until not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to use it.
Speaker 6: I was an English major too, That makes it even sadder.
Speaker 1: Zamir White was somebody we highlighted last week. So Matt Harrison was extolling the virtues of Zamir White and predicted him to be I don't remember something like a top ten running back, which is possible. It's the run heavy Antonio Pierce offense. White could be sitting on three hundred plus carries. He could be sitting on forty receptions all that volume. Alexander Madison not a threat, especially at the goal line, right Vikings fans, Yeah, do you think he had more fumbles inside the five for touchdowns inside the five last year, we're gonna find out. Well, yeah, well we are gonna find out later. Uh, Brian, your reach around for round number seven, Zumir White, Let's move on. Okay, nothing to Whites? All right, well said, let's go to round number eight. Who would you take in round number seven?
Speaker 7: Four? I want to say two guys right now, Roma Dunza for sure. I think Roman Dunsa is going to become their wide receiver one faster than people think. But this coming season, I think he's gonna be wide receiver two pretty much from the get His game is a perfect fit with Caleb Williams, is who loves to scramble around and then chuck the ball downfield four seconds after the snap. Last year, Romadonsay was the best contest to catch receiver in college football by both the volume and the rate. And Keenan alling you people like Keenan Allen. The one thing that Caleb Williams needs to work on that he didn't do it all in college. It was the quick timing routes, the anticipatory throws over the intermediate range. That's I don't think Keenan Allen's a great fit. Roma Dunze is a perfect fit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take an unpopular choice here. Jordan Addison was last seen passed out behind the wheel of his Rolls Royce in the left lane of LA traffic. And there is the threat of league suspension. But I don't think that's gonna hit this year. He rolled his ankle a few days ago. It's all bad right now on Jordan Addison. And I'm buying the dip on Jordan Addison.
Speaker 4: Isn't the dip if you're reaching around though, Well.
Speaker 1: I get it's a good point, right, I guess I'm elevating up to I'm taking the dip to neutral.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Filling in the dip, my.
Speaker 3: Filling in the dip.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it, filling in the dip. The NFL wheels of justice are so slow that I don't think there's gonna be any finality to his court case. The first hearing is in October. I don't think that thing goes final till next offseason and the rookie year. Nine hundred yards, ten touchdowns. Detractors will say, well, Addison's Addison was better when Justin Jefferson was gone, And in some cases.
Speaker 6: That was true. But it was still very good.
Speaker 1: It was a very good first season for Addison, and Justin Jefferson draws immense coverage away from him.
Speaker 6: It's got single covers all the time. It gets he'll get.
Speaker 1: Better as a sophomore. I'm gonna fill in the dip on Jordan Addison, Brian, who is your reach around player in round of breight? Are you take a round seven?
Speaker 6: I thought you'd be with me on Zack Moss charge I'm reaching around on Zach Moss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On the Bengals now, of course, and he was last year. Joe Mixon, former Bengal, was a top twelve PPR back in five of the last six seasons with Cincinnati, and he sucked four point two v are to carry. Sorry, Joe, you're gonna catch some strays here. Mixing gone now, as we all know, that leaves Moss, who is just as good, if not better, Yeah than Mixing, and Moss is certainly better built for the early down work and also a better pass catcher than Chase Brown who Chase Brown, who people are convinced is gonna be in a time share, but.
Speaker 6: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 5: I think Moss dominates the touches and he I might reach a couple rounds on Moss.
Speaker 6: All right, give him a double reach, double reach.
Speaker 4: I'll try to be quick here I have, Jonathan, I just liked the idea of a bellcow gat up Belcow that late. By the end of the season, he's gonna be taking everything you saw it in his final year at Texas. He catches passes, he can be a workhorse back. He's he's only got to beat out Chuba Hubbard.
Speaker 6: And that's happening health.
Speaker 4: Yes, like like we talked about, I think that Caroline offense is gonna be better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can't do it in guillotine because I need to stay alive till October when he comes back. But you know, for most standard leagues, Jonathan Brooks, you know I can wait always. I can wait out that first.
Speaker 4: Month, especially if an Iris spot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to round number nine. These are players that we would are going off the border round nine. We would take in round number eight, and I am up first with Jaden Daniels, Washington quarterback. We know rushing quarterbacks break apart your scoring system in your league. It's the case for all of us. Daniels could lead the NFL in quarterback rushing yards. None of us would be surprised if that happened. He's got the two things we want from fantasy quarterbacks, a big arm for deep passing and the highlight play mobility like Anthony Richardson getting a poor man's Anthony Richardson two or three rounds later, and maybe can all come together In his first year with Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 6: Cliff Kingsbury was able to get.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray up to quarterback nine in his rookie season, and I think quarterback nine is kind of the starting point for Jade and Daniels if he stays healthy. Brian, who is your reach around player?
Speaker 6: Same guy as you? Again, we're agreeing too much. This is alarm. I'm on Daniels as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're Daniels Daniels, Daniels thor who do you have for your reach around him? Round number nine?
Speaker 7: Love Daniels too, but I'll talk about someone else. Lad McConkie for sure should be going higher than this. So Lad McConkie in last draft class was top three amongst the wide receivers in separation percentile. The guy runs routes like a jet ski. You know, like just shooting forward can then throw out down on a dime, and then the speed coming out the acceleration coming out of those route breaks. You think about Jim Harbaugh's offense, anyone that watched Michigan last year, the whole ethos of running on early downs. It only works if on third down you're converting, which they did last year. Roman Wilson was the guy on that team. Lad McConkie's a better receiver than than Ron Wilson, but is going to be filling that role with the Chargers. He steps in right away and is going to be wide receiver one for the Charges. So maybe even if the passing volume is not there, he's still going to get a bunch of targets in that offense.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go to round number ten.
Speaker 1: These are players going up the board and round ten that we would take in round number nine, Brian, you get to start this time.
Speaker 6: I really like value quarterbacks. This yere Sam Darnold.
Speaker 5: Of course, I like Baker Mayfield, Gino Smith, Will Levis, But Jaden Daniels is the one guy I'll pay up four and the other one is Trevor Lawrence. I'd reach around on Trevor Lawrence, who was getting drafted as QB eight last year. Now he's going off the board his quarterback sixteen. Lawrence was really banged up last year. Fully healthy. Now Jacksonville did lose. Calvin Ridley's a Jones, but rookie Brian Thomas Junior. I always want to call him Brian Thomas Johnson.
Speaker 6: That's me. Yes, I'm not as good as him, not even close.
Speaker 5: And Gabe Davis phil that void pretty much so, lots of upside for Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 6: He's going way too cheap.
Speaker 1: Scott your reach around player in round ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember last year how we kept doing this to Texans players. Yes, you had Kristen Kirk, he had Trevor Lawrence. Now I'm bringing up Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 6: How about that? All right, we're all in on Jaguars.
Speaker 4: In on the Jaguars. You already mentioned the ridiculous amount of vacated targets, like, yeah, two and thirty something, over seventy five percent of their red zone targets also went away. Only one player, Calvin Ridley, had twenty five red zone targets. No one else had over ten and Brian Thomas Junior big, six foot three, contested catch guy, yep perfect to fill into that role. He's he's gonna have to fight off Gabe Davis to a degree, and Christian Kirk mostly plays the slot. There's no one else to really fight him off for that other outside role. He should be starting by by the season comes.
Speaker 6: All right, Thor, who is your retron playing round ten?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Blake Koram here.
Speaker 7: Someone came up and asked me about Blake Koram at the at the break, I can't find him in here, but I said, just wait till the next segment where you know I'm gonna be bringing him up here. The Rams go out and draft Blake Korum because he's a perfect fit for their offense, and not because they don't like Kyron Williams. It's because they want to preserve Kyron Williams. If you give Kyron Williams as many touches as you did last year, he is going to break. So I think the distribution here is roughly sixty percent Kyron Williams or sixty five somewhere in that range. He's gonna get all the pass down work. That's what Korum does not do. Korum is going to get the early down stuff. He's gonna be running around the goal line as well and getting those touchdowns as well.
Speaker 1: I've got Gus Edwards reunited with longtime offensive coordinated from Baltimore, Greg Roman, Roman and Jim Harbaugh. Will very possibly have the most run heavy offense in the NFL. And he's gonna be the lead back and most importantly, he's gonna be the goal line back where he was in Baltimore, where he's gonna reprise that role here.
Speaker 6: It's the same people. This feels like a really easy one for me.
Speaker 1: Gus Edwards led the NFL in short yardage touchdowns last year, and we're gonna talk more about that off after the show. We've got one round left, round eleven. Which round eleven player would you take? In round number ten, Scott, I believe it is your turn lead us off.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start with I'm gonna say Khalil Sekir, but I know that you want to talk about him a little bit later. The Bills have had high success out of their slot guys. Shakier has been the most consistent in camp and his pets to target with targets with Davis and Diggs gone is pretty wide open in a high scoring offense.
Speaker 6: Okay, thor your reach around player.
Speaker 1: Round eleven.
Speaker 7: I wasn't gonna go with Shaheed, but after the you know some of that news, I Shakir is my guy, and that was that was well said by Fish.
Speaker 3: I agree with all of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you gotta put Kirk Cousins on this list, I gotta take Kirk right. You would touchdown passes in fifty four of his last fifty five games. I mean, wait, the consistency here he gets. Drake London, Kyle Pitts. I've been informed by co hosts on this show that Kyle Pitts is secretly very good that we just don't know it yet.
Speaker 4: Secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big secret. So you know, maybe that comes together. B John Robinson can catch it's it's super safe. I'm taking Kirk. I you know, I liked Kirkins a Viking. I like him as a Falcon. He's gonna be fine. Reach in round number ten, Brian, wrap this thing up, baby, who's our last player?
Speaker 6: I gotta go with my boy.
Speaker 5: Jacobe Myers finished wide receiver twenty four in PPR last year.
Speaker 6: And if you have truly watched Jacoby. He can play.
Speaker 5: He's had his bell rung a few times, missed miss games for concussions and some other unfortunate injuries.
Speaker 6: Those have hurt his overall numbers. But if he stays healthy in.
Speaker 5: An offense now with DeVante Adams and Brock Bowers seen single coverage for days the inferior cornerbacks, three catches for forty five yards and like two drives against the Vikings last week, He's gonna be a target hog for whether it's Aid and O'Connell or Gardner Minshew, it doesn't really matter. They're like the same in my mind. And that's why I like the Raiders so much. They have a good backup playing because they have like.
Speaker 1: Two of the same quarterbacks, Rags Kobe Myers come wait all right, when we come back, our final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly, including three tough questions, and we reveal this week's sleepers as well. It is Fantasy Football Weekly live from Treasure Island Casino. Welcome back to Treasure Island Casino for Fantasy Football Weekly, our final segment of the show. I'm gonna miss you, guys, but do stick around because after the show for those of.
Speaker 6: You in attendance. You get to see the deep dive data.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, we've got about another forty five minutes a hardcore nerdery after this that you will want to be here far. You're gonna love it, I promise. This final segment is three tough questions and we release all our sleepers. We're a little short on time because we like to blab a lot, so I want to get I think the sleepers. The sleepers are more important, right, yes, all right, let's knock down our sleepers for this for this week. Let's start with Brian at the end down there will work our way this direction. Who is your sleeper this week?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 5: You know I like to dig deep at tight end and I got the Rams Kolby Parkinson WoT Hy Tyler Higbee, who has been the Rams tight end for years. We'll start the season on the pup list towards ACL and MCL in the playoffs last year, he might not play another snap for the Rams. That leaves Parkinson all of the is the starting tight end for LA. Six seven, two hundred and fifty two pounds ran a sub four to eight forty. LA signed him to a two year deal with fifteen million in guarantees. That's starter money. He sat the first preseason game. That's what starters do. And uh, the Rams offense is gonna be electric, you would assume. And Parkinson is free and Higbee was a.
Speaker 1: Top ten tight end when healthy, So why can't Parkinson be Higby really a top ten tight end in.
Speaker 4: The game that four game stretch where he was like the best ten end ever.
Speaker 1: That counts just like Sam Darnold Army not Dan Arnold. He was like a top ten right every week? There we go, Uh, Scott, Yeah, is your sleeper this week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I telegraphed it like twice in this show. Brian Thomas Junior. Tons of vacated targets, tons of red zone targets, size, contested catching, but also just no competition. He's gonna be the starter offenses rising.
Speaker 6: All right, we love that kid, love him. Yeah, Thor your sleeper this week?
Speaker 7: Gotta bang the table for Luke McCaffrey again. We talked earlier about how Washington staff is just getting it out there. They don't like Dodson and the other competition that Zakiyas and what have you. Luke McCaffrey's good. He tested the same as his brother Christian did when he went to the Combine. Was only played wide receiver for two years. You know, he converted from quarter to a threat quarterback and the last two years just absolutely ripped it up. He can win downfield, He can play in the slot and the boundary. He is now in a Cliff Kingsbury offense with a quarterback who loves to throw downfield. McCaffrey was awesome down the field.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: My sleeper for this week is Buffalo wide receiver Khalil Shakir, currently going off the board as the player one hundred and sixty one sixty now obviously massive loss of targets in Buffalo, three hundred and seventeen targets he raced from that offense. And he's the only returning veteran that matt If Among the receivers in Buffalo, Khalil Shakir and sure rookie Kean Coleman might contribute at some point this year, but historically, you know, guys, even guys taken at the beginning of the second round, like Kean Coleman was. It takes time and probably a lot of this season. And Curtis Samuel is there and There's nothing wrong with Curtis Samuel.
Speaker 6: He's fine.
Speaker 1: Kind of a gadget guy. They throw to him near the line of scrimmage. He hopes he makes a guy missed. Then he gets to ackle. Blah blah blah. Khalil Shakir. Let me drop two bombs on you about Khalil Shakir. Among all wide receivers. Last year, he ranked third in yards after the catch at seven point three, behind only Deebo Samuel and Rashi Rice. That's Khalil Shakir number two.
Speaker 6: Thing you should know.
Speaker 1: Khalil Shakir ranked number one in the NFL at the receiver position in quarter back rating on passes thrown his way, number one.
Speaker 6: They trust him, they know him. And with all the new faces and all the moving.
Speaker 1: Parts in Buffalo, there's one constant from last year, Khalil Shakir, and he is good. He is slippery, and they are going to manufacture looks for him.
Speaker 6: Guys with him, You guys with me on this.
Speaker 7: I I just look back at who I comp Shakir two coming out of Brown.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh baby, you're getting me all worked up now. I love that Pats Tech Pats step all the count for the moment pants still on. This is it's time for three tough questions. I don't know if we're actually gonna get to three or not. We'll find out, but these are able to hear. Well, that's true, that that might be the case. Uh. This is a themed set of three tough questions called cooked or merely well done? Cook well done? These are older players, and I want you to tell me is this player completely cooked or is he just well done? And we got like one more good season out of him? We start with let's start with Scott Fish first player cooked or merely well done? DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this this one.
Speaker 6: It's tough, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 6: It's called three tough questions.
Speaker 4: I think he could be cooked. But because of the competition for targets there, because he was basically Will Levis's would be last year, you know, top ten and first three targets in the NFL sixth then first down receptions still had a top ten a dot when targeted, so he gets chunks when he does get targeted, and Levis targets him a ton. I think he's more like like a roasting marshmaow on a fire. He got burnt there, but it's still delicious. So still taking just stuff. You're taking well done, not cooked. It's well done, not completely cook.
Speaker 6: Okay, so well done.
Speaker 1: Our first answer DeAndre Hopkins cooked or well done?
Speaker 3: So I had a food metaphor here too.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: I've ended up with DeAndre Hopkins on way too many teams because I feel like he falls down.
Speaker 3: But it's it's the situation, right like, and I.
Speaker 7: Was thinking about, like when I go out and grill burgers and I burn them, but I don't have anything else to eat, You're going to eat it. That's how I feel like with DeAndre Hopkins. The situation at least is advantageous.
Speaker 4: If we don't't all have food metaphors, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of pressure to come up with food metaphor. But unfortunately I go last in three tough questions, so I got a minute to think about it. Brian DeAndre Hopkins, we have two so far, we have two well done?
Speaker 6: No cooks?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 5: I was gonna go well done, but I got a sneak peek at your Guillotine League's premium cheat sheet coming soon. Everyone don't worry and DeAndre Hopkins forty one percent of his games.
Speaker 6: Were duds last year.
Speaker 5: That's a higher percentage than his safe start percentage a year older. Calvin Ridley in town, I love new, but I'll go cooked. Sorry, DeAndre.
Speaker 1: The correct answer for DeAndre Hopkins is cooked. It hurts people cheering the demise of DeAndre Hopkins over here.
Speaker 6: That guy's cheering.
Speaker 1: Very cool audience right now. Uh, it's not that we don't love DeAndre Hopkins. Probably headed to the Hall of Fame at some point thirty two years old, missing this entire and very important preseason with Will Levis as they're trying to install a new offense that's going to set up Calvin Ridley to be the lead receiver there the number one that's gonna put DeAndre Hopkins into unfamiliar territory as a number two. And Will Levis, I mean garbage last year.
Speaker 4: You'll support to receiver.
Speaker 6: I don't think he can support two receives.
Speaker 3: You see that Mayo commercial that Will Levis did they put it?
Speaker 1: There's your food analogy? R? Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I think this is warm Mayo. That's how cooked we are on DeAndre Hopkins. We're gonna try to get in one more tough question. Cooked or merely well done? Aaron Rogers. Oh, this could be divisive right here, thor cooked or merely well done.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with well done.
Speaker 7: If he can stay on the field, they have enough Yeah, I mean you have enough help there where you know, being viable as a fantasy player.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go with well done.
Speaker 6: Well done?
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, Aaron Rodgers, cooked or well done?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I think Rogers is probably baked or more like tripping his balls off right now. This is on radio.
Speaker 1: I'll remind you you can.
Speaker 6: Say balls on radio game, please don't.
Speaker 5: I mean, all right, well, he's tripping his balls off right now, probably he's cooked forty I can relate.
Speaker 6: We're all cooked at this age.
Speaker 3: Scott.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you could be more insightful and more FCC friendly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it feels like anything I say will be moorf that.
Speaker 6: I just have it as fantasy football, right, we talk.
Speaker 4: About balls all the time. That's basically what our whole show.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 4: Well done is what I have well done. His last year with the Packers wasn't good. It was his worst season in over a decade, His worst QB rating of his career with a full season. But I just think Aaron Rodgers, with a chip on his shoulder and all the weapons around him, they're gonna support him just enough to be completely cooked.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, to be well done. Aaron Rodgers is well done. I love that they rebuilt the entire offensive line in New York. It should get a ton better. Brian alluded to this earlier yourself. Garrett Wilson, who I think quietly is just in raw talent, maybe one of the five best wide receivers in the league. It's just he's never been in a position, been put in a position to show off how good he is. Garrett Wilson's great, And you've also got one of the best pass catching backs in the NFL and Breeze Hall. Too much talent around Aaron Rodgers to flop. I think they still We're still gonna get one more good season out of him.
Speaker 6: Do we have time for more? Oh, we do have time for one more.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get it all three of our three tough questions, cooked or merely well done? Cooper Cup, Let's see what they have to say. I think we're up to Brian for this one. Cooper Cup cooked or merely well done? Ge Wo Wickers, I will be careful here, guys.
Speaker 5: Just twenty one starts over the last two years for Cooper Cup wrong side of thirty. Thor's boy Pooka is the alpha there now. But I'm not gonna call Cooper cooked. He's well done. I hope he's got enough tread on attire. One more year for Cooper Cup well done?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in the same boat. His explosive play rate absolutely tanked dead all levels, Maybe because he was coming back from injury, but he seems to be injured a lot. But the one thing that didn't is his targets. Top six in red zone targets, receptions, top ten in third down targets. He's still very much trusted. Over the last month, he scored four in four of his last five games, double digit Fantasy points in all of them. Yeah, he's I don't think he's completely cooked.
Speaker 6: Not cooked yet? All right yet, Thor is Cooper Cup cooked or merely well done?
Speaker 7: Cooper Cup is cooked. I don't know if he's going to be healthy going forward. I think that's going to be a persistent issue. And last year fell off the shelf while he was on the field and he has clearly been supplanted as the wide receiver one in LA.
Speaker 3: I don't want him on any of my teams this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, catch right, plummeted last year for Cooper Cup, we saw his role significantly change. The big plays dried up, his A dots started to shrink. And I can't quite go completely cooked because he's still a on the field every play receiver in a Sean McVay offense, so I can't call him completely cooked now. But we're on our way for the thirty one year old Cooper Cup, who is at this point well on. Speaking of, well done all of you for showing up. Well done, Thank you for being a great audience. We have had an amazing time today and again for those of you that are here, we got our deep dive inside the five data coming up. We're gonna have a ton of fun continuing here. For everybody on the stream, thank you for watching tonight. It's been great chatting with you as well. Well, well I was talking to you really couldn't talk back if you're.
Speaker 3: On the stream.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much the Norman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah about that too.
Speaker 1: I do I do domine count a lot and thank you very much for our production team, Robbie, Zach and Nick. Thank you so much for your help. It's been great having you here. Our street team, thank you so much for your help and Ti Casino, Treasure Island awesome, awesome production today. We'll talk to you next week. Everybody for more, Fantasy Football Weekly. Yes, Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.