Speaker 1: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and now it's finally time for the real season. As we're head into the second round, make sure you don't miss out on any of the remaining NBA playoff action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting part of the NBA. I've teamed up with DraftKings on the offer for new customers with promo cold Smoke.
Speaker 2: Right now, you can.
Speaker 1: Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus best instantly.
Speaker 2: Even if you lose, you win.
Speaker 1: From the playing tournament through the finals, Draft Kings Sportsbook has you covered with same game parlays, live betting, odds boost, and so much more. So download the DraftKings app now. Sign up using promo cod Smoke is yours. If sports betting is not available in your state yet, don't worry. You still can join them on all the fun by playing Draft Kings Daily Fantasy to win cash prizes. What are you waiting for? Go download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now. New customers use promo cod Smoke and been five dollars on any wager and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus best instantly.
Speaker 2: That's promo cod Smoke only a Draft Kings sportsbook.
Speaker 3: Welcome Back All Star twenty twenty four Inde Jack, last show of the day, the last show of the All Star break.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, and a good run. And it's the one we've been waiting on. It's been a good run making here.
Speaker 3: This is our dog too. This is like Jay Will like he should have been one of us. Yes, yes, definitely my brother from another mother, undrafted All Star. Yes, sir, welcome to the show. My god, Brad Miller.
Speaker 2: For sure, man, ra.
Speaker 3: Love it. It's been a long time coming, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean that's kind of word. What man? When I just text you, like what's up for you?
Speaker 2: And I said, Brad, you give the show?
Speaker 4: What's up? Just to hang out? Proud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need you win.
Speaker 3: Sure, I gotta go to this Nike ship after cool I'm there. Yeah, I see takes a.
Speaker 4: Little fresh and blessing you.
Speaker 3: Regular was we had just had to smoke before the show. Was like, Brad, we do that ship anyway, right, so Glad we can get you right.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 2: Tell me how how you two met doing playing against each other? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think who the first teammate that you played with that I was cool with.
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Well, probably meta, Probably the Pacers. Yeah, I think it was meta. Yeah, because he came to Pacers, right they paid everybody else, Yes, except the guy from Indiana. Yes, so I had to go to Sacramento, which worked out phenomenal. Thank goodness I got out of Indiana. I would have stayed. But yeah, or crossover. I think of the teammates of me playing for the Pacers. Remember then one of the.
Speaker 1: Games, you asked me at the free throw line, are you you know?
Speaker 2: I remember you asked me that are you out and now? And I think that's those type of conversations doing playing. Yeah, like no, Brad one of the coolest motherfuckers ever. Man, the one who.
Speaker 4: Tells everybody about how we played back in the day.
Speaker 3: Tell him what you told me, how you made it happen. My boy I used to play.
Speaker 1: We used to play against Sacramento, and every time I go out there and I was asking him for tree. We got to the point where one time I came in the locker room and it was wrapped up in his jersey. When his game jersey had a fresh pound like.
Speaker 5: I already knew who was from up everybody. What I say based only one person. Look at the jerseys, the smokers. We took care of each other exactly. You lived in like Indiana, you want that Cali fire. You go to Texas, you want that califiers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is one story I never told. So this is before I really got on in the league. And every time people used to go to Sack, they used to call me. So my brother used to take packs up in Nike shoe boxes and just meet him by the bus after the game. And my new agent, probably right before I was about to go to Golden State, she's like, hey, there's there's there's rumors that you're like, you know, King allegedly. I don't know what you're talking about. Man, it wasn't me, but yeah, so.
Speaker 4: I'm making money.
Speaker 3: People know when you come in the Sack, it's you know, I've been meeting him by the bus.
Speaker 4: I guess it's must take care of everybody.
Speaker 2: Jack. Let's get right to it.
Speaker 3: Man, it's not viral as much as it it should have been because it happened back then. But when Shack almost took your head off, talk to us about that. Because I'm glad I didn't. I didn't know you before then, and if he would have connected, I might not know you.
Speaker 2: I were glad he missed. I'm glad he missed. I felt the wind.
Speaker 4: I felt my damn left ear moved. Talk about what happened. He can't make free throws, okay, quite black, simple, so file the fuck out of him. Don't let him dunk on you. It's easy to do. And it was Oakley that actually beat the ship out of him and me. That's why I was walking away like Oakley grabbed the ship. I had him down low, and Oakley came like over the top, and I was like he hit me in my ear. That's why it was one way, Like god, damn it, oak I remember this, like, that's why I'm thinking my head as I'm on the sideline, here's the bucket.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you weren't even thinking shock was coming out because you did.
Speaker 2: It was that was up top.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was oak They got me. I was some bitch and it was like two freeze. I'm shaking my head. I'm scratching like the fuck. And then literally I just somehow turned like this and literally shocks big ass rain maker can't hit nobody, we know, like a free throw barely, like like Nike the ship out of my ear. And then by the time I turned fuck and you got Meta, everyone was in there and you got Oakley Head. And then I'm like literally underneath the tunnel of Bulls players and like I don't even know what the hell is going on at this point, and Shack's got my jersey, but there's like four dudes on top of me. They're pulling me out by the legs. But oh, did you and Shack ever talk about that? Only once? Because the All Star was when it was in LA I kind of said something to him because we're in the locker room and just kind of breaking ice. Yeah, just a quick little damn, you're growing up a little bit. I guess we're sitting in an All Star locker room together and I swung a punch at you back in the day, like damn. So he's cool about but I ain't really fucked with him about it. I need to. I need to bring up because actually my agent would have sued him and I'd be part of how many damned companies he got. I'll take five percent of every come move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you would have been able to receive ship if that would have connected, Bron, I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: No, I would have been selling through a straw. It would have been through a straw. I mean, full shit. I mean that might have been his full as swing fake swung at everybody ship.
Speaker 3: He brought that ship from Orlando.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have sucked me up.
Speaker 1: And he called it, he pulled it, he put he's up. You know, I'm saying one thing about it. None of the brothers rolling with that. You played with brand Ain't none of the brothers rolling with that.
Speaker 2: That's the homy grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Speaker 1: First of all, I hate even saying Fort Wayne, Indiana because I played in the CBA and that motherfucker that was the worst Wayne Indiana.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you all something, Bro, I was in the CBA.
Speaker 6: And it was one of the worst times in my life. I hated you're from the brother But two days there, I decided to go to a bowling an and with my teammates with some team camaraderick and the motherfucker get ribbed, lay us all down. The second day in Fort Wayne, were just trying to make it to the NBA.
Speaker 4: You should just went to show Girls straight.
Speaker 6: Getting robbed the second day be in there, bro, So y'all got issues.
Speaker 3: Bro, that ship was a head on home.
Speaker 4: But how was it growing up? How was it growing up as back in the day.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when it was a CBA team there?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, they just they just moved down here, the Indy, the mad Ants.
Speaker 2: It was the worst experience of my life. Bro.
Speaker 4: You didn't like the coliseum.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: And and we drove to games and uh though not the buses. We was in the little vans where it was three vans to transport twelve players.
Speaker 4: Was the worst. The prep school vans.
Speaker 2: Something like the special ad bus mixed with prison van.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it was. That's it.
Speaker 1: So but you tell me, give me your own experience, because mine was fucked up. So tell me about yours growing up before Way Indiana.
Speaker 4: Wow, we grew up in Kendallville, which we call Kendall Tucky.
Speaker 2: Kendall Tucky there they're a little.
Speaker 4: Hell billy, but you know it's a small town, like like our school growing up. When you think of the movie Hoosiers, you guys, that's that's that's her life.
Speaker 2: Like the tea.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like they put signs up so you know what, you know, the game tonight on you you know back then, back then it was one one class. They got this crap of classes now and it sucks because Indiana was always a state that was like winner Takes All. Yeah, you know, they made a name movie. It's happened before you.
Speaker 3: So it's just the whole town down when you guys have had games.
Speaker 4: Closed and we're talking about I think my gym holds like five thousand people. The town's only like twelve, so you're talking literally half the town. We went on the road. It was like here's our boss, here's the everyone falling had banners all that ship. I mean it was Hoosiers to the tea. I mean that's Indiana basketball, like at its roots is like about high school, like just everyone can play. You know, it's not about being a pro. It's just playing basketball.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was. It was pretty sick. I'm not gonna lie look at now, Like the Kings, man, they are the craziest fans, I'm not gonna lie. Like the passion of them. And then you got the Pacers and played there, but they love basketball, but the Kings only have the Kings. Sorry, I'm talking to him. He's that guy we like the sad guys had. My life's been in sack already now. Yeah, so like the passion of way that they did, they're like Indiana High School. And you understand that translation, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, absolutely, I get it.
Speaker 2: What did basketball coming to play at Wayne?
Speaker 4: For you? My uncle played at UH had a seven foot uncle that played at Oklahoma six eleven, that played at West Virginia sixth nine, Kentucky. We did say for college. You know, there's another reason I say I got fuck with you, Jack. We didn't come up from ship, right exactly. And that's the only people I fucked with people that didn't come from ship. And we had to work and look we literally we are right. That's literally, that's kind of the line like it wasn't about ship. If you were privileged, I didn't funk with you. Yeah, but we didn't have any love.
Speaker 2: But we didn't have nothing coming of it, so that at all, I didn't know none of that. Yeah, ship, I was broke as a joke trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred square foot house, three of us, We're good.
Speaker 2: What other hobbies you had, big hunter, I know you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do the hunting. I love the outdoors. I mean I love to eat what I shoot, so I mean, I know it's clean, it's I guess it's a California it's may more huntly if I shoot it. I know what it's been eating that process. So I really enjoyed that part. I've been doing country Boys outdoors started right when I retired on Sportsman. I'm hopefully getting Chad Mendez to come on, little UFC guy in sack Town, another California guy, to just keep it going. It's been cool. I've done that in a fishing pool, companies, others, different stuff out of it. So it's been fun. I love eating good access deer. That's the best.
Speaker 2: I was just about.
Speaker 4: That's so you know the best is access Steers South Texas.
Speaker 3: What's the best port?
Speaker 4: The best? What por bro?
Speaker 2: You know how to weaed pork. That's why he's asked this question.
Speaker 1: The only reason accident is I was my sense, serious sin serious question. What would you recommend, like you said, access deer, access deer, or or explain it to me.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, but somehow that ship is phenomenal, Like it's how South Texas u VOLDI he did Spurs. You know the area. It's about an hour and a half from San Antonio West in that area. God damn, I don't know. I don't like the white tail from there, but I love the access deer from my fiance will verify that access there is the best meat in the world.
Speaker 3: Really interesting heard that.
Speaker 2: What's your take on wago?
Speaker 4: Oh that's very fucking good too.
Speaker 2: I mean it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: You take a little A five from Japan, like, get out of here. You know that's some hot stones. Yeah, we all know that. That's easy.
Speaker 2: How can you apply your love for hunting the basketball?
Speaker 4: The thing was when I got in, the hunting was about the challenge and the skill, and that's what basketball is. It's like you have all this passion and one and hunting was a release. But you know, you're out there and here comes twelve deer, shoot him like no that one's this age, this age and there's a skill to the wind and playing all the game of all that. It's kind of what got me in the hunting even more was you just don't walk out there and shoot ship like there's a lot of skill into it, and I want to learn the skill. I mean, I lived by knowing the rules in basketball. The rules of basketball is my life. And that's why I kind of went into hunting, like trying to understand how to do different things. And it was a challenge because you didn't know if you're gonna win or lose ship, but you're gonna try. It's same thing as basketball. But then it was peace of mind too, like there ain't no self service and a lot of these blinds, you're like and you're just out there and just enjoying and just I mean, you know, more of may just enjoy life. Just find a way. What do you guys? Just like peace of mind or just peacefulness? Like avoid the noise? How do you get away from the noise? Hey, you want to text me, I'm like, I'm hunting and they're like, they don't bother you. You just get to see life and enjoy life. I would love to experience that with you. What time you got to come on my spot?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Trust me, we're not sitting in this and we're gonna be in a grizzly blind, a nice box line. I have heaters if it's cold enough because I'm from Cali basically now born in Indiana. Come back, but my Cali half my life. We don't deal with the cold, No, we don't. So it would be a heater. It would be an easy walk. We'll see a ship ton of deer. You guys gotta come. That'd be hilarious. It'd be hilarious. All the smokes of it. Deer hunting for legally swimming. We're gonna say we're in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Totally nothing illegal about the way we move growing up in Indiana.
Speaker 1: I know me, I didn't find really no good weed until like maybe.
Speaker 4: I didn't smoke till I got in the league, So you until you got it. I smoked once at prep school. It was I laughed my ass off, But I'm like once in college, just to do in college. And then fucking Ricky Davis baby slick, Ricky Ricky baby, yeah right, rick I can't wait. Like all the stuff we're going to do with the UBO new basketball league is we'll talk about.
Speaker 3: So Ricky started this league called the UBO.
Speaker 4: It's going to be you know, basketball league, and it's going to be like in the fall, is going to be an open tryout for eighteen to twenty five year olds is kind of the prime. But you could have a you could have a thirty five year old, but no like but it's kind of like super semi pro, I mean, very minor league system. But the roots is we'll do the Fall league and then the Spring League will have a pro team, so you know you can get better players. You get one and it's that guys that want to go to Europe that played you know, you target a lot of guys that played college that ain't gonna make the league. We know, are they going to be go over to Europe like they're Tier three European played overseas. You didn't have to do this ship, did he sat right? Not at all. You didn't have to deal with that ship over there and understand overseas. So you know it's gonna be a cool league to get obviously, gonna do youth integration of everything. The idea is we're starting Indiana in Texas this fall, so I want to actually coach and b GMS. Yeah, pat Riley the out of Fort.
Speaker 3: Wayne's Yeah, I feel like it's gonna be dope. I feel like you could be. I feel like you could be Jackie Moon though have you seen semi pro I still told you how I've seen. I think you could be Jackie Moon out there about it, entertaining them at halftime, being the coachy.
Speaker 2: You got your those think about Riggy League. It's all players. You got a whole bunch of players, shout out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of player involvement of X players like us want Texas, So we want you all involved because we want to have US players that play during our generation. Yeah, we know this generation is different. They're making and you know, average what fifteen million of years, right, so they ain't gonna have to grind for ship. But it's us in our generation, and I don't go down. I love it. It's fun. Like I grew up bad boy Pistons m H. Grilam beer was my family rolemand everyone thought he just laid people out.
Speaker 2: And he busted threes.
Speaker 4: He's dropping dimes, buckets, damn ready did he did it all? But that was the image of him. So it's gonna be a leg for us, Like when I say us to be involved and have decisions and do it the right way and make a little bit of money hopefully, you know, obviously, but be part of it and not getting taken advantage of it. But use our knowledge we have to put to the younger kids and these guys and ship. Imagine we got this open trouse and you get a pro guy out of it. You know how happy us would be. It was like we found this ram dude from Warsaw, Indiana. There's some crap that got got a chance. But you know it'd be fun because we're to teach kids. And I'm actually the Kings playoff last year got me back into basketball. That's why I'm so passionate.
Speaker 3: We was there, dude, Yeah you did come up?
Speaker 2: Were there?
Speaker 4: Active? Shut? I got me back in the passion of basketball finally after all these years retired. Was I want to do something now? Like I was like texting the Kings like, I mean, I want to do something. They're like TV. I'm like, I don't know. I don't want to kick Mad off his position over there.
Speaker 2: Take match job.
Speaker 3: They said, come be slams his brother, sit courtside and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's damn right. It works out pretty well.
Speaker 3: I always I'd love seeing Brat out there. We always connect after for some good fellowship.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's seven leaves is connected a few times. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You ended up.
Speaker 4: Give a shout out for you man, Yeah, but thank you Product Placeful. Yea, you ended up.
Speaker 2: You ended up at per Due? Why not, Bobby Knight. I couldn't see you with it.
Speaker 4: They didn't recruit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you didn't go anyway because you ain't.
Speaker 4: I'm super glad I did not go down there, but one hundred percent they didn't recruit me. Really, not one fucking letter from my U. I had read and white up my ass growing up, sweatshirts, different stuff. So when I went to produced E Recrum, I'm like, fuck, where's IU. But I'm so glad I did not go down there. Yeah, I mean everything's been a blessing in life of like what you think you want isn't what you needed, like and that shit. I did not need to go to you at all. I mean I went seven and two against them, won two Big ten championships doing it. They didn't win shit, and they're lucky to get the two winnesday cheat the fuck out of the one. They literally had a guy in a shooting session with a laser point in my eye when I was shooting a free throw, I might do my routine, spend three dribbles, and I'm like, dirty bastards. They spit on her bus. I mean PREDU Indiana's a Heller rival. Oh man, Like it ain't like California love U C, l U C A U s C. What do they do?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Oh you lose. They're taking a dump, pissing on your bus. You here, yeah, talking about your mama. It's bad. That's deep.
Speaker 3: Great career, Purdue, you go und drafted, spend some time in Italy? What was your process on getting to the league ship?
Speaker 4: That was the best thing ever for me? Like I remember I did the workhouse. Pacers drafted fucking aw who who we all love shout but he took my spot Indian a motherfucker, but still shout out, we all love al. And then Houston took Bryce Drew. Did that work well? As an NBA pick? I love the guy I played. He was mister basketball. What would have been my senior year. So it's good. But then Philly, then motherfuckers, you fucked with Larry Brown, Right.
Speaker 2: That's my guy. I fuck with that Brown.
Speaker 4: You know what he told me in the face, No matter what we are taking you with the thirty fifth pick, or we're gonna try to train to make sure we get you. You know who they took Casey motherfucking Shaw. That's what the fuck I've been asking.
Speaker 2: You still don't know? Fuck is Casey Shaw.
Speaker 4: He is six eleven white guy that's got a bigger vertical than I had. That was it and that's it. Yeah, search out, You're like, who the fuck is Casey Shaw? I even met ad A. We had an uber driver that said something about, like, I went to Toledo University. I love basketball. I'm like, yeah, Casey Shaw got driving from me. He's like, who's that? Like, he's probably the only guy drafted from Toledo University. Yep, only Casey I know is the shit He played overseas like a couple of years. I mean, if he watched the show, he's probably gonna be damn was gonna be like I got drivers, said a Brad fucking Miller. See I told me I was good. See back in the day, I was bettering him.
Speaker 3: I told you, Uh, so you get your first run with one of our guys bad in the hornets. How special was he? And what was your first saw first?
Speaker 4: Oh? Dude, he burnt out. We had so much fun. So I say, not being drafted, I got to play on the limp well, the world championship team that was set up for NBA guys, so like we had the New York Knicks plane. We stayed Monte Carlo, her boy George were at the you know the casino, the ship, James Bond casino. That mother was probably like twenty grand a night ship. We were there for four days free. So yeah, it was like NBA experience out of college. So I got to do that, and I did go to Charlotte. Ricky Davis was the first round pick that year, so I went down there. Next day. My agent and called me like, where do you wanna go. I'm like, well, where the fuck were these guys yesterday? And I go, who the fuck didn't have a second round pick, and basically he named my four teams. I was like, Charlotte, no big guys on the roster. So I flew down there, did a little workout, We got a verbal, so I got to the USA Basketball and then I played in Italy my overseas experience in Livorno because I wasn't drafted, so that was a bad ass. It worked out like I said, I came in shape. I need more money than technically the first year minus endorsements of course then like the top eight picks. But I was in shape and playing, so it worked out. I mean, like everything's worked out in terms of timing. It was good.
Speaker 3: I got a story about that. Ricky was in Cleveland when I got drafted.
Speaker 2: First time.
Speaker 3: He picks me up. We had to stay, we had to stand there. I stay in the hotel for training camp and he was still there. He picks me up and to escalate, and there's like three blunts going on, and I'm a smoker, but I just got drafted to the NBA, so I'm kind of panicking, like damn, I'm not even gonna smoke, but now I'm gonna smell like weed. I'm going in my first NBA practice, Like I almost wanted to say, like let me out, do, let me out.
Speaker 4: He jump out like yo, oh no.
Speaker 3: And I just rode with him.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: And I remember first day bother fucking training camp. I walked in there and I didn't even smoke, but I smelled like weed. I'm like I'm done, and I was done. I shout out my yeah, I was okay. With that shout out my dog playing with Baron.
Speaker 4: Oh. So they he came in my second year, so I felt confidence. First year, last game I had thirty two and sixteen. Actually my career hiring free throws in the league was from that last game as a rookie. Because all the Vets didn't want to play ship, I'll trust me, and so he came in and we had him and Eddie Robinson, so we all too high flyers. Rob rob He was not talking tough. So second crew was Baron e robbing me. He robbing one run one side, I'd run the other, and Baron be down the middle, just putting the heat on. Like we had so much fun like that team. I mean, they didn't offer me shipped for contract but after that year, but man, that was that was so much fun. Like he was just this little guy. We'd run on the wings and so we just had fun. Coach because Colvin's quick.
Speaker 2: Did you ever experience Baron davis imagination?
Speaker 4: His imagination? Where do you want to go with that?
Speaker 1: I mean like he would take you somewhere in the conversation where he lives that you've never been and you end up right there with him.
Speaker 2: Before the night's over.
Speaker 4: Yes, I said, I got one year with Baron.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you know this one multiple sixteen.
Speaker 2: So I've been to multiple planets with them.
Speaker 3: He might not see all I've been to and I love all of them, multiple persons.
Speaker 1: I've been to multiple planets and you know, even like the two parking be Like, I've been to multiple places.
Speaker 4: The manus the one Kings game that he was at and he came up. I just want to go home. It's like two years ago and we're at punch bowl or something. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it was going on a whole different ring.
Speaker 3: Did't you guys go to the studio that night?
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: He will get you to the studio.
Speaker 4: He was trying to get out of there that night, but he was all over me.
Speaker 3: You and Ron were smoking in the room. That's like you guys went to that.
Speaker 2: It's scary smoking with Ron.
Speaker 4: I mean my guy. I played with him in Chicago. I was facers inside and sick. Yeah, y'all played together three times. Man traded to the Bulls in two thousand posts. George and their spent two years there.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: Like? That was a young run our test.
Speaker 4: Right traded Bulls signed free agent with the bulls. I might reading your ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll tell him there you go.
Speaker 4: To Charlotte said didn't want to pay May I mean five year ten million, that was going to work? Sout? Chicago sent me four year twelve that works. But yeah, that's when it came with Ron Eben is My guy was nice.
Speaker 3: People don't talk about elten brand. He was a twenty and ten guy.
Speaker 4: Was a problem all day.
Speaker 3: A monkey below.
Speaker 4: And these below the rim guys. I really did like those too.
Speaker 2: Kind of you. He'd b was a real one too. Man ended up back home in Indiana.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and three, we Readgi Miller coach is Isaiah Thomas, you made your first All Star Game? How was How was that feeling making your first All Star game?
Speaker 2: Ship?
Speaker 4: I didn't believe it. Someone asked me this the other day and it was after practice and Jail was a starter that year and we were the best record at the time of the break, so normally back then you got two All Stars, right, And I was like, shit, well there's Reggie. Ain't me. He's like, you made it. I'm like bullshit, that was my answer. Is that bullshit? He's like, no, man like this is a comre like, no, you made the All starts? Was like I just didn't believe it, Like I don't think gets sunk in. And that was Jordan's last year too, so that worked out kind of kind of well that we walked in there and they're like, here's five hundred pairs of Jordan's if you would like to wear them in the game, go for it. What am I asked? Do I go send me all them back? Every size sixteen? I was like, all either, trainer, I'm like, send them fuckers right back to me right now, like boxing them up, taking them ship My Jordan plection still has shoes from that game.
Speaker 3: I guarantee.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. But it was cool to be a part of it. It was mind blowing to think about, I mean, the second year and SAG it's kind of more show. But I couldn't believe it either. I'm not the guy that promotes myself like, oh I was good. I just did my work. So like All Star to me was like the Joker how he is. Obviously he's way better in a different way, but he just doesn't give a ship about coming to All Star game. He just wants to be with his horses. Yeah, play ball with his friends. That's how I was kind of deal, We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna name a couple of big men.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean, first thing come to mind when I say fucking tall, fucking tall.
Speaker 4: And when he had his obo pad scratchers ship out of me. Yeah, I told Keith Jones, the trainer. They one year he had an obo searchery so were the singing at vocal. I was like, you need to tape that ship. My whole chest was raw because his move was he's big, so fucking tall, but coolest ship he Yeah, coolest fuck man. I don't speak no English, boom ship lover, just want to get a job for a translator. It was cool as ship man.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: I never I've never heard nothing really about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he never said nothing, like literally like he didn't say nothing, but and then he would say something. You're like, oh you're good.
Speaker 2: Tim duncan.
Speaker 4: Beast beast beast. I mean my tricks every time I played Tim, I'd always grab pinch on the hip. Every time he pinched someone in a hip, ninety nine percent of the time they have a dip and drop on arm so you can get around them. And I'll do that ship too him. That was one of my tricks I did to everybody. I do are we doing this ship again tonight? I'm like, you know what, fuck, I'm going straight up tonight and you're busting my ass, but I'm gonna do it. He's He's my legend, toughest guy I had to guard like. That's Tim Duncan's my number one. Yeah, Truble, I got trouble too. I got him high too. Yeah, the white out fucking Superman freak, funny kid. I don't know. He wasn't a problem with me, but he was a beast. Like obviously his vertical is a little bit more of mine. It's because like in six I played in the USA team. It was like him and Bosh were just literally playing video games every night. And I mean the Heinrich and Batty go out to the bar get beers and he'd just being there playing video games. I'm like, you're like, he literally is Like it was like a little kid. That's how yeah you were. I could funk with you, Like couldn't handle the pump fake slow pump fake Chris Man, the cave Man, the original k Man before he had the hair, before I got there. Now he was killing when was nice left hand? He was right handed, left hand, ye, right, but left his letter from right up the road from where I'm from. Yeah, okay, yeah, he only he grew up literally, as it turns out, I didn't even know this until I started fucking talking to him later, like an hour and a half, two hours from where I grew up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, and he liked all the camping and he.
Speaker 4: Uh he bought a hunt ranch in Oregon at one point. I think he might have sold that and moved back to Michigan bought a ranch in Michigan. But I mean, he's close to where I'm from. Actually, you say his name, I need to texting because I.
Speaker 2: Got captain Cave.
Speaker 4: You gotta talk about hunting season next year. Like all right, it was just Quick Wallace, that motherfucker. I like she was nice, man, he was cool. He's like he's like a generational ahead of us, because he's a couple of years ahead of us.
Speaker 2: And just similar to you. All you want to do is hoop, leave me alone.
Speaker 4: I just want to hoop hoop and smoke some.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, simple, simple.
Speaker 2: Ask who was super underrated to you.
Speaker 4: In your time? Besides you, besides me. That's why I'm like yourself, like, yeah, anyone don't fuck with me until they realize that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, be rare.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 3: Don't let don't let his long hair for you, super nice bradhead game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put myself like that as you should. As you should now that we look bad. It's been enough years removed and looking at everything all sid like ship Damn. I was nice.
Speaker 3: H Absolutely, I've seen the front row. I was there, Uh mid two thousand. You go to Sack and you kind of set up shot there. You've been there ever since. Obviously you still have a spot out here, But thoughts when you first got there. The team is kind of coming off a great run as the runs they made, but still found some successful when were there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, as it turns out, down I played five and a half years. That's why I lived there, Like my daughter was born out there, and Sat became a home and that place makes you feel home. It's nice. It's not California's Northern California different. There's a way difference, right, we know that, Like when you live there, it's not La it's not San Diego, it's not oc. It's it is what it is. But I like playing golf. I like looking at snow but not being in the snow. That's sacramenting. You see it every day. But it just it turned out. What the fuck was you supposed to go with that Web?
Speaker 2: Web?
Speaker 3: You got a chance to play with Web after he had one kne searcher I think already. But how talented was Web and how was he as a teammate.
Speaker 4: Damn? I love Web, but you got me on mushrooms now, Like if we didn't have if Web didn't come back. That first year, Paysia was MVP. We were first in the league, and we had to figure out I had to come off the bench now. I was starting with Vladikay and my Web. Second year was perfect because I knew the dynamics. I got to start with Web, but we had Vloody. It was just a piece the way it worked. Fuck, it fucked us. What you always trust me?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What was one of my favorite player? It's just like you got me honest right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: MVP Paysia would have been that year three h four. He was busting twenty nine games.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I was like feed Pasia. I don't need twenty points a game. I was like, I'll take fifteen to sixteen patient paychock paytiock feed him.
Speaker 3: Well, the tree used to leave dead animals and Mike baby's locker.
Speaker 4: I only did that once.
Speaker 2: I only did that.
Speaker 4: Was that the ship they got up there?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 4: It was a duck. We went duck hunting with greg oaster tag up.
Speaker 3: He used to take his front tooth out all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, today was crazy.
Speaker 3: He was a crazy dude.
Speaker 2: Man, I was there.
Speaker 4: He's a wild crazy. He's a wild card that he's the most flexible seven. I mean he can stretch up. It was crazy. But yeah, so I chased little Mike around the whole double court with the dust.
Speaker 2: I remember Brad was one of those they wanted.
Speaker 4: Might want to know what he did after that? His rebuttal, I think it was Mia is well whatever, his daughter I think took their diaper of that ship up in the handle me at the time your car handle.
Speaker 2: He put it Shiitty his daughter and.
Speaker 4: He's the biggest germ freak.
Speaker 7: So brought it as a rebuttal, I don't let his food touch so imagine what he had to carry his daughter's diaper and put did you put your hand in the ship, because I would say the guys from my guys told you so we got the hose out before.
Speaker 3: That's fucking lasty, That's what I said.
Speaker 4: I'd go, that's nasty and dug like the hell, that's another lot, that's another level, Like you just crossed the lot, like baby ship.
Speaker 3: Baby shaks. After Sack, you end up in Chicago. You get a glimpse at a young Derek Rose.
Speaker 4: How good was he? Honestly that the year and a half was one of my most memorable experience. Like Joe Kim's a lifelong friend. Heinrich was a friend before and then we got to play together and see, Derek Rose is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. Like he's not a superstar of people talking junk and all this, like he just wanted to hoop and be a good like he's awesome. Like Derek Rose is probably my favorite point guard that I mean, Bibby is my favorite, no doubt, trust me. And then de Rose his style of who he was and how big he got recognized, but he was like so chill and awesome. Same dude, man he's a Chicago guy. Like, he's cool as fun.
Speaker 3: Thoughts on how the big Man has evolved and that was something that you were doing before. It was really kind of cool.
Speaker 4: He should have started this ship earlier. God damn, I would have been last. I probably would have played nineteen years. Like all these fuckers now linger around. You don't have to guard nobody. I gotta do shoot the ball. But I got to start it, you know, kind of dealver. Actually he shot Reggie thes he was when he came. Finally, he was the first one that really like.
Speaker 2: He told me he was putting me a ship and b locker and Brad locker.
Speaker 3: The door handle.
Speaker 2: He was putting me a mea ship on Brad.
Speaker 4: Brad mother fucking mea ship. Hey hey Mike.
Speaker 3: He said he didn't touch the ship, did he?
Speaker 4: I didn't touch the ship?
Speaker 2: Someone someone snitched his white friends told him what did? What did he do to you? How did it start? Because I came in the fridge, this little boy hung up. It was sorry, I'm in I'm in the gym all the time, Bron.
Speaker 3: I don't know the difference.
Speaker 2: I just didn't come to what I had to Bron.
Speaker 4: That went to work.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I come to But look, I mean, he didn't clean the duck up or nothing.
Speaker 4: He's that motherfucker healed the duck fruit in his truck and just hung that ship up on my locker.
Speaker 3: That's not fuck got goods?
Speaker 2: Did I mean?
Speaker 3: I said, Brad, come on, Bro?
Speaker 2: I said, come on, Bro, I said, you know what, I wouldn't got a diving from home and put that ship.
Speaker 3: Under all his foreheads.
Speaker 2: Ain't Matt wasn't I mean, Mike wasn't me and ship.
Speaker 4: He's gonna watch his bad Damn I'm growing high school. Well, my girl now talking about my baby ship.
Speaker 3: He said, he still he's still gonna get you back, my daughter, because I have a.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get your.
Speaker 3: All right, bro, Hey we in the middle, show what's up to you?
Speaker 4: Later? See I thought it was me and ship. Poor high school girls gonna have to hear about that now, Like damn.
Speaker 3: That's funny, as I made my face hurt. How would you guard Joker?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 2: What? How would you guard Joker today?
Speaker 4: The same damn way I guard everybody. Bust her ass.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where you're at with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's slow motion. I could guard him. We're at the same pace, right, That's why I go slow as fast, fast as slow, and that's kind of his pace. That's how I played. I'd be all right with Joker.
Speaker 3: When did you know it was time to move on?
Speaker 4: Just my body said ship. Three knee surgeries coming off of micro had shoulder elbow surgery started adding it all up. And then my daughter was starting kindergarten and it was like, I'm gonna be in Minnesota and she's gonna be in Cali for I might I literally walked away. I mean it was all guaranteed money still, and I was like, no, I'm done, Like I'm just I gave all I could. I mean I overcheeved fourteen years and who I was fourteen? I think, yeah, Like I'm happy with my career. I'm not mad about anything. I maximized my body, who I was, of everything I got to walk away like really like sas.
Speaker 2: I made some good money.
Speaker 4: Not everybody gets too right, there's no doubt, Like I feel bad for the ones that got a couple of years and want of kept chasing the dream thinking and like I got to fulfill anything I could ever dream of.
Speaker 2: So did the elbow surge you have that that's like a Tommy John surgery type of thing.
Speaker 4: It was just a chip, just like every time I shot it, be like blood, yeah, blood and get that ship out there. Well that takes a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It wasn't nothing bad.
Speaker 2: It was just annoying.
Speaker 4: Well that's why I were the elbow pad.
Speaker 2: Yea, that's why I'm asking this one.
Speaker 4: And that was from Chicago Bulls hockey.
Speaker 2: That came a part of your swag though, Yeah, that came. That was a yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Everybody else in the least like, where'd you get that elbow pad? I'm like, it's a fucking hockey pad from the Bowl or from the black Hawks. Yeah, that's how we found it. But I had that chip right here always, So that's why I wore that patter on the left elbow. Plus hit a motherfucker a little bit with it too, So worked out well then you know, as athletes, we're superstitious, right, I did good to keep it on.
Speaker 2: Came part of your swag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't wear that ship every time, all right?
Speaker 2: Quick hitters.
Speaker 3: First thing to come to mind, uh, A dream hunting group. You plus four people celebrities, former teammates, whoever, who would you want to get you and four people out there hunting?
Speaker 4: What are we hunting?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 4: You gotta understand you can't open this hunter all right, We're going to Texas easy hunt well. Jared Jeffery owes me like five million hunts because produces been waxing. I use asked for so Jared jeffers that on so I need him on it. I bring Kirk Conrad, one of the coolest people ever. Oh yeah, Kirk's like me, but he ain't gonna talk to you guys because he ain't getting out of his small.
Speaker 2: Town That's one person that guarded me the best my whole career solid.
Speaker 4: He's literally that guy. Rum bring dude. I bring Joe Kim we're talking basketball now. Those two would be funny at fun I don't know the last people. I just want people to enjoy deer Camp. I'm gonna have Jack and Barnes there you go.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely gonna be there geeked up. Just keep the firearms away from me because anything scared me.
Speaker 4: I'm knowing to let off. We're going there.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have no friendly fire around this motherfucker. No firearm season, no friendly fire.
Speaker 4: You say, jack up my property?
Speaker 2: Good? All right? Cool? Childhood crush? Who was your childhood crush?
Speaker 4: God damn, I'm old. So that's been a long time. I like to live in the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, what is that now, Kelly Bundy?
Speaker 4: Mine was Monica?
Speaker 3: They said yesterday?
Speaker 4: Even what's her name?
Speaker 2: Laura Voorhees?
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 2: I mean before hees? What's that person?
Speaker 4: Jason? I don't care about bast I ain't gonna lie one.
Speaker 2: Uh, Saved by the Bell? That's her name.
Speaker 3: Laura Boyes, Lisa Turtle, that's her.
Speaker 2: That was her name on the show. Yeah, yeah, Laura Boyes is a real name. Yeah?
Speaker 3: That one your favorite album?
Speaker 4: Is it? We said that like I'm either two thousand and one or Metallica Black.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and one? What wrap anything?
Speaker 3: It's two thousand and one, motherfucking dre Okay Metallica, Okay.
Speaker 4: About two thousand and one. I didn't think, I just brand.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you're coming from.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell that two thousand and one one of the bud talking about the album, talking about the album, I say two thousand one.
Speaker 3: I mean I forgot we just talked about deer hudding.
Speaker 4: I'm not thinking you listen to r We got to go back and forth everywhere.
Speaker 2: Where is his beverage is right here?
Speaker 1: He actually want fresh one underrated player besides yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, besides yourself of your generation ship.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know how people judge people. I judge people different.
Speaker 2: Okay, I squatched that how good was run on?
Speaker 4: This fucking awesome that dude. I literally went to Queensbridge with him when we were playing pacers against nets that first year we got traded. It's before game five because there's only five games in the first round and he's like, we're stuck. It was remember like that year old enough. I don't know if you have to sing the shitty s hotel And when he played the nets, it was like the shittyes holiday, yes, no room service nothing. It was horrible, like you know, like it was horrible, like the fuck like in Jersey. You're in Jersey. Yeah, there's no grub Hub, there's no doordass worse. So hey, I'm gonna go to QB. You want go, I'll go with you can smoke like, yeah, fucking hit the car, go to QB. Going through the fucking hood. My big ass white boyfriend Indiana is in QB, like, so we go see his family. We walk out, the son's going down, and the clientele has changed in the hour that we've been there because the son's going to we're walking back. We're walking back. Go get it, Rock, go get me, like we're good like ship I with Ron Ron Man. So that's I was like, I'll fuck with you because I know you're good. I don't get like i'll go fuck with you. So that that's probably literally one of my craziest places that's dope in life. To imagine a guy from QB.
Speaker 2: Fucking with test that's his environment, that's all you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's my vibe. And then we went to the studio and heard Freeway do the the fucking beat before what became one of the biggest songs, like literally like four years before it came out. We heard the beat you have to, you have to that's wrong, just the.
Speaker 2: Hell of just just a hell of a trip. That's the state property.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's something.
Speaker 3: Like yeah there it is, like you know the beat, like beat it for us, bra, give us the beat.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 8: Next guilty pleasure. We ain't nothing to be guilty about guilty about it.
Speaker 4: I ain't guilty about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one thing you wish you were better at?
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't care. I don't really care. I'm good at life.
Speaker 2: Like what I do.
Speaker 4: I'm good. I don't know better.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I ain't worried about it.
Speaker 3: Mother said, good, I'm good at what I'm at, whatever.
Speaker 4: Where I'm at, There you go at peace. It works out.
Speaker 2: If you can see one guest on our show, who would it be? Say it again so you can hear it.
Speaker 1: If you could see one guest on our show, who would it be? But you have to help us get them, get your answer on our show.
Speaker 4: Excuse me one guess all you had to give me a roster?
Speaker 2: Who are you cool with? Who you got in your roller? You say, hey, come come on the show.
Speaker 4: The white boys.
Speaker 2: You mean that Joe, all the cool white boys that you that you know we cool with with?
Speaker 4: Ahead Imagine you got Kirk Kirk. You got him to open up. That motherfucker knows a lot.
Speaker 2: Kirk was good, Bro, Kirk, you know that's my that's too many white boys. Got the brothers respect.
Speaker 4: One of them for real? When we named it. What you say you got me Kirk one of them. She got Jack starting first first, all white boy, what's the first? Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, here we go. I'm going this. I'm gonna do my team. You do your I'm gonna go beat him. Okay, hold on, I'm next.
Speaker 3: I got Jay Will, I got a Birdman, I got Mike Miller, I got uh Kirk Heimrick, I got Dirk.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's zero. We can't go.
Speaker 4: We're hurricanes like there aren't many. We're limiting this white America.
Speaker 2: Do you have Birdman and Kirk Hemrick? I got Larry bird Oh that was cool. That was cool.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with let's see, I will go with Keith van Horn.
Speaker 4: I didn't mess with him? Is he cool? He was nice though? No, he was nice, but didn't he was more he little Mormon.
Speaker 3: But you know, I got wrecked Chapman.
Speaker 2: That's killer. That hurt Chapman.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you want to.
Speaker 2: Go with someone said the logo, I'm going for my last pick, pistol Pete. Okay, So who I got? So I got?
Speaker 3: I got I got with me?
Speaker 4: Now, so I got.
Speaker 2: Pistol f and him and Birdman. Oh, we're gonna party. So I got a you're gonna win, did y'all might? Y'all gonna have fun. Kirk Harmon can get bucket.
Speaker 3: I feel you you're not gonna beat that, though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I got j Will?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, one got John Stockton. We already already got my guards. But that's a good call. So I got j Will, I got Rex Chapman, I got Larry Bird.
Speaker 2: And who else? Did I say? No? You say Jay West? You didn't say that?
Speaker 3: So I got I need more?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I got for for for for for.
Speaker 3: I need a bully down there. I'm gonna go with Bill lame Beer.
Speaker 1: Bill Lamber nice, nice? You got you got him? Where about that? We're gonnace him out.
Speaker 3: I know I'm missing something. I think I already said something that was good. Kurt gonna take somebody out, Michael, that's my fifth. Oh yeah, I'm winning that ship. J Will, Rex Chapman, Larry Bird, Kevin McKell and Bill Lane Beer.
Speaker 2: Y'all got all big dudes. We're gonna run the ship out of y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ain't gonna keep up nowadays.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna. We're gonna We're gonna murk them.
Speaker 1: We got what you got, Kurt Heinrich, Yeah, Brad Miller, Yeah, bird Man Yeah, uh who I said, ben Horn, I got one more pistol pep.
Speaker 2: We beating Brad Miller Man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate your time, Bron, Thank you man.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Brad