Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. And I tried to fast forward to this point last week because there is thirty days until the NFL droved. Thirty days, thirty days officials. It didn't not for me.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because I was new. It did not go by this fast.
Speaker 2: You were along for the ride last year.
Speaker 4: I got my.
Speaker 2: You did a great we always get it.
Speaker 3: It is flying like I just can't believe it. I feel like Combine came and went Senior Bowl, snuck up on his real quick too.
Speaker 4: I remember that we're.
Speaker 2: In the annual meetings today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, drafting real quick.
Speaker 2: Croda's are like almost over with.
Speaker 3: Don't say that I'm baddy, but keep your ears low to the ground because this is when you start hearing a little shuttle every now and then.
Speaker 2: Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lay the taste you can depend on.
Speaker 5: She's Ayisha Morrison.
Speaker 2: We've got Brian brought us, Zach Wilchuk, Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Yeoman's Nick Harris, Bobby Belt out this week, Nick is at the owner's meeting. He's actually talking to head coach Mike McCarthy as we speak. So we'll get some good insight from Nick here over the next couple of days. But here we go, Brian, you start hearing some rumblings, You start hearing some rumors and even from the front office, some draft possible strategies. Whenever you look at.
Speaker 5: It, Yeah, there's people just throwing some chum in the water right now and seeing if you're interested in coming up or maybe you know, going back if I know. There was a big article yesterday at ESPN about how Minnesota was going to navigate to get to and they threw out a lot of different possibilities of trying to get it. All really hinged on that third spot where New England and my friend Elliott Wolf is now running their draft. And the thing about Elliott is he knows his roster needs talent, and he also knows he needs a quarterback, but can you entice him? There were a couple of different scenarios where man it was and again ESPN, I thought I did a really good job Dan Grasiano and these guys of kind of playing it out that you know, maybe some double trades involved, maybe trades was spot then trade again to get there. You know, some next year's ones involved. You know, people are trying to right now figure out and not everybody's put together their board, so you really you know where the players are graded when you look at your spreadsheets, you know where there are the possibility that got as could be your understanding where the pockets are of players. But now it's going to be about, okay, how do I get in range to get specific players? And I'm not asking you to window dress your board, but I think some of the cowboys are going to have to look at is, you know, with some of the needs that they do have, how is their stack going to be set? How is their board going to be set? You know, you've got to make sure you put these guys in a spot where you would absolutely take them. And that's the navigation part of this. But like I used to said, there's a lot of talking at the pro days. There's talking. There was a lot of talking at the combine, and you've got these general managers that are kind of visiting with each other about Listen, I'm I'm interested in coming up. Hey, don't forget me. If you're going back, I'll be here. You know, you just want to let everybody know kind of where you stand right now. And that's kind of the whisperings that we're hearing.
Speaker 2: It really seems like there's a possibility for more movement in this draft than even in years past, but there's been little movement to this point. By usually combine pro Day's owners meetings, you start seeing some sort of movement. Let's say Minnesota wants to go up and get a quarterback. You can possibly see that Chicago is going to shop that pick shop justin fields. Of course, they got rid of justin fields. That's probably the number one thing, so they're going to stay put at one. But Zach, when you look at this first round, there's a domino that needs to fall somewhere.
Speaker 5: Who could that domino possibly? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think the quarterbacks the top are really kind of driving a lot of the trade chatter, like is Washington legitimately interested in JJ McCarthy, which is the latest rumor that we're hearing a week ago it was Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It seems like there's a lot of smoke screen. You gotta go ahead and figure out what's the truth there. Are they maybe open to move back? Could they possibly? You know, I think that they're new offensive coordinator Cliff Kingsbury is very interested in Michael Pennix. I know that he loves the way that he has the touch on his deep ball. So would they be interested in moving back, acquiring extra picks and then at the bottom of the first round, or if they get an extra pick, maybe early in the second of Penix is still on the board, do they make that selection. Is New England actually wanting to stay in and take a quarterback or to your point, do they say, you know what, we do want to acquire multiple picks and move back. Arizona is open for business at four. So I really do think and to your point, you're right, last year we saw, Hey, you had the Carolina Panthers make that trade to move up, and now they're in the position you had Philadelphia and the Rams and that wentz Golf draft. They had already solidified that. So maybe we still end up getting a trade prior to the draft. But I do think that the quarterbacks really kind of driving Okay, what's going to happen at the top. Denver's an interesting team at twelve. I think they'd love to get up there and get a quarterback as well. And then after that we can kind of look at, Okay, where will some of these offensive tackles fall, Because today there was an interesting report about Ryan rams Check, the offensive tackle of the Saints, and he might not be medically available to play this year. Is that another team we got to look at. They could be taking ahead of the Cowboys. They could now be in the market to draft an offensive tackle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the I think the tackle might the run at tackles might start at ten with the Jets. You know, we're starting to hear some whispers about them that, you know, with their uh with their general manager coming out and saying, listen, there's really a deep group of these tackles here. So I would keep it. I would keep a definite eye on the Jets at ten if you're looking at offensive linemen. But they're good.
Speaker 2: They got Tyrone Smith's going to be available for seventeen.
Speaker 6: It's true Jets at ten, New Orleans at fourteen, could Indye and Seattle at fifteen and sixteen take a tackle interior linemen with Miami.
Speaker 3: And y'all, y'all, just y'all just keeping them going. And for me, that's no, I'm saying, like, that's how many people do really need tackles or to you know, fill their offensive line. What I'm curious to see is who hits the panic button when they start, because if there is a run on tackles and that that you know, ten to eighteen frame or whatever going into that latter part of things, that's when the cowboys are coming up. That's where some teams are, you know, that are a little further along, and people's minds are coming up. And I want to see if maybe that plays a role in some of the decision making. If these tackles start flying off the board really quickly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think everybody sees these tackles differently, you know, and maybe to you know, you use the word panic, and I kind of said, I think, I think, no, she's onto something. But also there's a side of me that, like, you know what, I could take your tackle list. I take all our tackle lists, and I guarantee you they're all different, and so maybe you don't, maybe you don't panic, maybe you're like, they didn't take our guy. They didn't take our guys. They once again didn't take our guy here. So everybody sees these guys differently. It's it's almost like that to me, where you know were the thing is. I was going to circle back real quick if I could about the Minnesota trying to get up. There was an idea of floating that Minnesota would say, if they can't get Justin Jefferson done, they would make him part of a trade package. So could Minnesota package their own pick at could they package eleven Justin Jefferson or could they package Justin Jefferson in twenty three and go up? So, man, when you start to hear that, that's serious. When you're saying, hey, the best wide receiver in football, sure to in a lot of circles is part of a now a trade package to go up and get a quarterback. This is some serious business going on. But I think this tackle run, like I say, everybody's gonna look at it and they're gonna go, oh, they got my guy or they didn't get my guy there. And so I think I think you can see a lot of teams sit and see how this tackle market the quarterbacks. I think you have to go because you have to get your guy got the tackle. I think you sit because there's more, there's more of a. There's not as clear of a that's the first guy, that's the second guy, that's the third guy.
Speaker 6: And if you're the Cowboys at twenty four, is that that that's probably a good situation for you because you're now looking at Okay, and you've made this point, Brian with Tyler Smith. If you come away with an offensive tackle, then you feel good. You can leave Tyler Smith at guard. If you don't, you've got a contingency to keep him. And if you do get a run where the tackles that they like are gone. Now you're sitting in Okay, here's the trade back window that's open now because we can fall back, maybe get our center, Maybe Edrin Cooper, the linebacker from A and M starts to be come in play. Maybe if a Byron Murphy slides the defensive tackle out of Texas, all of a sudden, more options I think are opened. If you do have a run on tackle and you get wiped to that position.
Speaker 2: You each bring up a different point. You talked about teams that could move up. You talked about teams that are going to trade elite level talent to move up, like potentially move off to Jafferson, and you talk about the Cowboys. Is there a potential and I'm talking like sky high, crazy scenario, absolutely off the wall, that Dallas would take some elite potential. Let's say Micah Parsons, a guy that they're gonna have to pay coming up, ceedeelamb one of these two that you have to pay coming up, and you do package them together and say, hey, we're already in cap trouble. Let's go up and get a guy. Let's go up and try and take multiple picks. I know it's crazy, but we're talking about justin Jefferson being traded in.
Speaker 5: And I tell you what I got in a lot of trouble, you know, on the break one day talking about Micah Parsons and the possibility of trading. He is the best commodity, you have no doubt, you know, He's the one that you would that people look at and they But the problem that you run into the problem you run into here is if you're a team that's willing to give premium assets to go get Micah Parsons. The problem is, you know you have to pay him. Yeah, and you're giving up premium assets. Look what Snead went for with Kansas City. Yes, we're all surprised. The corner at Kansas City also goes for next year's three and we're going.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a minute, why because you gotta pay him.
Speaker 5: Got to pay him. See now, if you had Micah Parsons under contract for a couple more years, then maybe it makes a little bit more sense for somebody. But I wonder, how much, though, can you honestly get for MICHAEH. Parsons If knowing that A, I'm gonna have to give up premium assets likely a one and I'm or maybe a couple of ones, and B I've got to pay this guy, that to me is a that's a move a general manager makes if he's got security that he knows that, you know, I can make this trade and that could put me over the top. But that's that is a premium ass set. I mean, that is big picture thinking right now, folks. I mean you could say crazy and all this that, but if you're the Dallas Cowboys and players continually walking out the door, and all of a sudden, you need you need players that can help you right now that you know first round guys, you know that that that's an option. You have to look at it, especially if you feel like we probably Michael Parsons is going to be the highest non paid quarterback in the league. Yes, and so get ready for that. And can the Cowboys. I'm sure that they've thought about this long and hard, but if you had to do it right now, you would probably say, man, we probably can't replace him, but we need to get something. Now they've done this. You know, we've talked about Dak a bunch. Yeah, right now, they're just looking at a compensatory three for Dak. That's it. You know, if they let this thing play out and let it get the free agency, that's it.
Speaker 6: That also brings up another branch to that topic tree for me, where okay, everybody is kind of going into this year where it we'll see like there's no you brought up job security, there's no security. There's so many of these players, Dak included, and this coaching staff. Does that kind of change any of the drafting When you're looking at Okay, I'm talking to an Al Harris or you know some of your offensive line coaches or whoever it might be the receivers coach Robert Prince, and you're like, Okay, who are some guys that you like?
Speaker 5: They're like, well, you know, I like this guy that guy.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I have a multiple years to really teach and get out some of the warts from these players. So I need more play that are ready to hit the ground running then project type of players.
Speaker 3: I wonder what it does for the I mean when I think about what does it do for the culture, and like the way the team feels when it's a lot of uncertainty like that, is that a healthy thing to go into a season with.
Speaker 5: I think you have a lot of people over there aisha like Zach said that the players, it's a really players live that every day. Though players live change potentially every day, because you could get to the you could get to the trade deadline then all of a sudden. I mean, the players talk about the pressure and the stress that they feel dealing with that. The uncertainty to me is when you're working in a front office or you're a coach and now you're thinking, like, man, do I need to start thinking about talking to people at these pro days about a job next year? Do I need to think about Okay, I've got a couple of kids in school, do I try and sell the house now? You know? I mean that's the uncertainty that you live with is coach and none of those guys can feel very comfortable right now that their situation. You know, hopefully Mike Zimmer comes in and the new coaches and you know, things can kind of turn around. I mean, defensively, they have to play better than they did against Green Bay. Had to have to play better that way. Can Mike McCarthy, Brian Schottenheimer. Can they find a way to get another MVP type of year out of Dak Prescott? But there is so much uncertainty right now with this football team that it's I think it's a very very fragile situation for them.
Speaker 3: And does it also to play on play in two When we start getting into training camp and there's depth conversations and stuff like that, who's going to be the guy who's going to start, who's going to be backup guys? Because if you're trying to make you know, do some good for your resume. You're not about to be taking as many chances on some of these guys. Maybe some of these players right, and see your point, Zach, and they're going to need production from their first three picks almost immediately league, Yeah, maybe immediately.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now you've got a situation where you got a lot your top three picks from last year all coming off injuries.
Speaker 5: Now you just had Scooney and Mazzie. We find out they.
Speaker 6: Have shoulder surgery, and you are asking you need them to come in and be immediate contributors next year. You needed them this last year, which you definitely do next year.
Speaker 5: Well, how about the guys like Sam Williams and Shulbert and others like that. They, yeah, those guys need to step up too. I mean, we focus on what happened last year, but they have some other guys that need to that need to step up clearly. And you know, and to your guys point as well as a coaching staff, you might you might sit there and say, you know, we can't afford to have a left tackle here that's a rookie because it might affect, you know, if our jobs are on the line. Even though Dallas has a great history of plug and play players. You know, coaches might say, you know what, we've got this Tyler Smith that could play left tackle. You know, may know who TJ. Mass is. Yeah, that's that's the thing. That's the kind of thing coaches, if their jobs are on the line, maybe they're not going to sit there and say we're not an inter just didn't playing in developing like you guys are talking sure.
Speaker 4: I mean sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well another person that just came to mind with me is even Overshown. Yeah, is the fact that he's coming off of an ACL It is gonna take him time. And I do think I will say about him, his athleticism is so off the charge that I do think that he's a step down would still he still be explosive to some extent. So, but I was just thinking about him coming in and Zim coming in with his system and.
Speaker 4: What he maybe wants to do with linebackers.
Speaker 3: Is he going to feel like he has time for this this, you know, for him to get comfortable.
Speaker 4: I think over shown will show is what he's capable of.
Speaker 3: But I will say that to me makes a difference as well as having some of these guys coming off injuries how patient are they going to be if this defense needs to take a step forward?
Speaker 2: You know the next year Trayvon Diggs right there as well. You need all of those guys to step up. And speaking on de Marvin Overshown, with the new kickoff rule change, he could be an elite special teams individual.
Speaker 5: You need him on defense.
Speaker 2: But you talk about a size to speed as athleticism and the way that that defense or that kickoff scenario is going to work out, You're gonna need him to step up in that regard as well. There's a lot of things that need to fall into place. But when we're talking about scenarios in the first round, I don't think anything is off the table.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's all.
Speaker 2: On the table at this point.
Speaker 3: And I think that's also a testament to the number of first round picks that will first round players that we deem in this draft.
Speaker 4: It's to me it's.
Speaker 3: Considerably more than it was last year, where most people could barely get out the teams how many people they thought.
Speaker 4: So that plays the fat.
Speaker 2: We haven't brought that up in a while. I'm glad you brought that up now that you're further along in your evaluation of this draft class. Where do you have your your first round grades? How many do you have?
Speaker 4: I would say, let me see.
Speaker 5: Achnology stale twenty two.
Speaker 2: You've got twenty two first round grades.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's wild. And last year what was it like fifteen or sixteen?
Speaker 5: I think I had eighteen eighteen last year. Okay, so you're up by four. Twenty three, okay, that's.
Speaker 2: What I got.
Speaker 3: I have twenty three, so yeah, maybe I have twenty four ish. In question, you've got to get along that anxiety and up.
Speaker 5: You've got one of those cheater grades.
Speaker 2: It's a one one dash too.
Speaker 5: I've learned that from I've learned that from Dane Burglar. Dave Burglar is the fame with Dane will throw a three four at you everyone. So you're like, okay, where does he?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 5: Wait, we can do that. Sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many does that give you? Now?
Speaker 5: If I did that, it would add two more I got.
Speaker 6: I got a couple of tackles that are like fringe there, like Jordan Morgan.
Speaker 5: In the Marius Mems.
Speaker 2: They're both right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're both in the first round or second. I think I've got guidance, is it too?
Speaker 3: That's what I was That's something I saw this week as well about too. Yeah, people, there's people on the fence about memes right now.
Speaker 2: I get that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that kind of plays into what Brian was saying about. Yeah, a lot of people see these guys differently.
Speaker 6: They do well, that's a rock, right, That's one where it's like, man, if we're going in with a one year do we have time to risk on a Nimarius Mims? He might not be really part of the conversation if that's kind of the thinking in the room.
Speaker 2: Brian brought it up, who are your top five tackles? Then I want to just see how they differ from from in the room. Top five tackles that you have on your.
Speaker 5: Boarder Fagail shoot fashion, no guiding and Latham okay he got Fishanu alt Fulaga, Latham Mims okay, Fatanu. I have is a guard moving, but he can he can play. See I'm hearing whispers that I'm hearing whispers about Morgan being a guard on a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: Lot of teams do look at them that way.
Speaker 6: I think those two probably have flipped as the process has gone on because Fatanu certainly he was taller than I expected him to be when when he went and did measured at the scouting combine. So I think he's got more of the tackle flex Morgan. I could see kicking inside the guard. So I would if I'm putting Fatanu in the conversation with tackles, he would probably be my fourth.
Speaker 2: Guy, fourth guy in front of Latham, in.
Speaker 5: Front of Latham.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got Altashanu, Fuaga, Latham, and then Fatanu, So yeah, all different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that law firm of all those f Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I have Altu Fuaga and then I have Latham.
Speaker 2: Git there you go, there you go. Yeah, so everybody's different. Everybody sees these ts.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, Yeah, it's gonna be crazy if we all got a crack at the first one. We always put Latham up there, but I mean it's gonna be not Latham, but all alt all would be first. And then after that it's throw them in a hat and draw them. And I think you'd be pretty happy with any one of the guys you draw. Yeah, I mean I really do. I wouldn't. I wouldn't have a problem with you know, like I say that the Washington tackle. I think is I think is really I think is really really good. The thing with Morgan, you know, the more you talk to people, they're like, he's a guard. He's a guard. He's a guard. He's a guard. He's a guard, you know. And then I talked with scout out in the league that does the Southeast. It said that, and I think I said this to you guys earlier. He said, Latham from Alabama goes, I don't know if he could be a left tackle, but I think he'd be an All Pro guard. So you know, there's people maybe maybe when we at the end of this, when people kind of reveal what their board was, that some of these tackles will be over on the guard side of the board and they really didn't never consider him as tackles.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Latham conversation deals with the fact that he's he is a bit heavier, set three forty two at the combine and they're all giants.
Speaker 5: All these guys are giants. I mean, I think you.
Speaker 2: Look at the guys around him, three twenty one, three twelve, three twenty four, three seventeen, and they got mems that's three forty and Latham. That's three forty two.
Speaker 5: So there, I mean there, I would say when he pounds off. I think the fact that he went from like I was looking, I know, we were all looking at him as a three hundred and sixty pound guy on tape and now he's the three hundred and forty two pound guy. Hopefully he could find a way to get down to three thirty three or something like that. But man, I mean the guy plays really well. I don't see a balanced prom at all. And see everybody compares him to like Evan Neil, you know, like well no in a way of like no, no, the massive team. Yeah, well you know, see they had a chance, they had a chance to move when Elvan Neil graduated. They had a chance to move Latham to left tackle, and they didn't do it. And they didn't want to weaken two positions is what they were looking at, and so that's why he played right tackle. It's like they said, listen, we'll find But man, I just I kind of I see a better player than Evan Neil with Latham. Yeah, I think that's what I that's I mean, I you know, Evan Neil, And I'm not just saying because what I'm seeing in the pros. I just see a better Latham. I think is a better player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Darnell Right, that was my comp to him. I think he's more closer to a Darnell Right because of the lank, the athleticism, the power, the.
Speaker 6: Consistency, a little bit of the violence and aggression in his game. I mean, I did write in my notes, I wonder if you can kick inside be a good guard. I think he can be an elite right tackle, but I'm not sure he could ever play on the left, and it might just be an athleticism thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotta be able to play on an island. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: When we come back here on the Draft Show, we're gonna answer your questions Twitter on the twenty coming up next. We've got plenty of good ones rolling in more of the Draft Show right after this.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a perst down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good. I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 5: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting. With human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into a Coolie or Pataya bowl hand crafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 2: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Welcome back to the Draft Show, presented by Miller Ly.
Speaker 5: It a taste you can depend on.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. I've got the appointment to go look at Ford vehicles.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: I need an extra backseat, needs some room for the stroller, so gotta gotta.
Speaker 5: I have got some Ford.
Speaker 2: Thought about a U haul van, Yeah, half, I have thought, Matt if it had an extra seed, I think I walk up ramp.
Speaker 3: Car shopping is exciting but also stressful.
Speaker 5: That too that you don't like to haggle.
Speaker 2: It's all stressful. I have three children.
Speaker 5: Now get on the hagaway.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, let's go into some Twitter on the twenty players though Twitter on the twenty thank you very much. Beamer in the back. Okay, there was a lot of conversa and jess uh, there are a lot of convos in the Orlando Winter meetings or not Winter meetings but owners meetings where you're talking about running back and defensive tackle and so a lot of these fans have really lined up with those. We're gonna start with defensive tackle. Jake wants to know with the rehab news on Monzie Smith going through the shoulder surgery, going to have to rehab for a significant portion of the off season should be ready for training camp, says Mike McCarthy. But are we still writing off defensive tackle early in this draft?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: I mean, as I mentioned earlier, especially if you trade back and all of a sudden, you know, maybe maybe a Johnny Newton comes into play from Illinois who's a hell of a player, Byron Murphy starts to slide from Texas. I mean, we've talked quite a bit on the g back Nation on Arsh one O five through the fan. I love Braydon Fisk out of Florida State. Yeah, I wouldn't mind him, you know, in the second round. I don't know if you could wait and get him in the third. But there's several of these guys and if you wanted to wait until the you know, day two. I mean, we know some of the guys that they've met with, you know, whether it's a Mason Smith from LSU who's an intriguing player as well.
Speaker 2: Is there a scenario where you could see a defensive tackle going to Dallas in the first round or is that pretty much out the door at this point with offensive line.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it just really depends on what if Zimmer has to say so, and some of the stuff going on, because good lord, you don't have any DT depth right now.
Speaker 4: It's not funny. I don't find it amusing at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, you legitimately don't have any depth at that position right now. And to with Zimmer in the way he likes to play football, it is front seven.
Speaker 4: That's a problem.
Speaker 3: And you really the window was kind of closed to be able to get a veteran guy unless you're going to do a June first whatever situation. But have mercy you might have to. I know, like it shouldn't be a need or whatever. But I'm sweating.
Speaker 4: A little bit over here in his jacket.
Speaker 3: So I do want to ask y'all, because it's intriguing to me. Is Newton light years above Byron Murphy? Are some people going to look at these guys and think that, I mean, the explosiveness is similar.
Speaker 4: I mean, like some people might.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know a couple of people that have Newton as a top ten player for them in the entire draft. Some people really love Newton. I think they're pretty close. I mean, I think Byron Murphy's an absolute freak show. I love both those I think Byron Murphy's a top fifteen player. I think Newton's probably a top twenty five player. They're both very good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When you look at Newton, it's the size and athleticism, whereas Murphy could probably put on a little bit of size, you know, to make it work. But I compared Jishan Newton to Nick tomikin Sue Like. I think he's just just a game wrecker.
Speaker 5: That's just what he does.
Speaker 6: Is in his ability to maintain the double teams. Yeah, I mean he can. He can hold blogs plays with great leverage, controls the line of scrimmage. I think he can move up like a piano player. I learned that term Bryan last Wow, I can play up and down the line. Yeah. So, I mean the guy and he's a team captain. I think he's just super intelligent. The way that he uses his hands hand fighting. For me, we've talked about that the last couple of years since we've been on the show, Aisha, but I mean that stands out. I mean I think that means you're a guy that can come in and really hit the ground running at the NFL because a lot of players that take some time to develop. But his ability also to show awareness to get his hands up in passing lanes, which is and knocked the ball down.
Speaker 5: I think he's one of the best things that he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was very impressed with his tape last year and he jumped off the page, and so this year I felt like this last season, I still feel like he played well, but last year was just I don't know. I felt like he really really impressed me more last year. But it is what it is that the Illinois defense has a lot of guys on it.
Speaker 5: You guys looking for one or three.
Speaker 6: I'd like to find a guy that can be a little interchangeable, because I think they need that. But I think more so I'm looking at more of the bigger bodied than the like then than the Leonard Taylor out of Miami really quick.
Speaker 2: I think I would have a true nose. True, that's what I want.
Speaker 3: That's me because I think we got a little fancy smashy with the tweiners. Yes, yeah, And I think that's what's hurts you in this last couple of years is a lot of the tweeners and things like that.
Speaker 5: I think that's why I.
Speaker 6: Like Braidon fists because I think he can be a one, even though he weighed in a little bit.
Speaker 5: Lighter than he looks when you watch him play.
Speaker 2: I'm tired, but he's got passed. I want a big body in the middle.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: Boy, disruptive though, Man, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean to me? I I like these three techniques here. I don't trust Mason Smith. And I'm sorry. That's from my alma ma. You know him, Yeah, and we watched him. And the thing about it is, I'll tell you a guy I really like. I like McKinley Jackson from Texas A and M six two three twenty six. And I see a guy that plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Yeah, you know. I mean he is, you know, but he's not a first round guy. He's not a second round guy. I mean, maybe somebody will take him, maybe a little bit earlier. Maybe this may will take him a second just because there's not a lot of depth at the one. But to me, this is an explosive guy, and I that's what I feel like. This give me the explosive guy paired with Osa. You know, we need Osa to play more than thirteen games. He gets tired because he plays so damn hard. The whole game just brought this up before. When he plays next to somebody that's really, really good, it helps him, you know, it helps him to take some of the pressure off him. But man, I McKinley Jackson to me, if you know, if I can't get Fisk, and you know, like I say, we talked about Mason Smith and I'm I'm out on that one. I'm out on Mason Smith. But McKinley Jackson, that's a guy that I would that would take a take a crack at. And he doesn't have to be It doesn't have to be a first or second round guy. I think this is probably a third round guy, maybe maybe a fourth round guy, maybe the start of the second or the third day. But this guy is a hell of a football player. He really really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's six foot two three and twenty six pounds. Yeah, and I mean played a lot of zero techniques and he played.
Speaker 5: He played, He can anchor down, he's good against double teams. I mean, explosive, he's got.
Speaker 4: Penetration.
Speaker 5: For give me that guy. Give me somebody. I mean, I trust me. If Cowboy Nation and maybe all of us, if they have to use another first round pick on a on a one technique. You know it's gonna be like, damn, didn't we just do this?
Speaker 4: It will I mean, it make some people.
Speaker 5: But but I'm not saying anything. Is a damn good player from Florida State. You watch him, You watch him. He is disruptive. He gets down the line, he throws blockers aside, he gets in in the pocket. He could run guys down. Just watch the Senior Bowl drills. When he's going against really good competition on this offensive line, he's he's wrecking shop there. So yeah, I mean to me, I know, we we've talked about the other guys. To me, the other guys that you're visiting about, you know, when you start to talk about Newton and got Jenkins from Michigan, guys like that, Murphy, those are all three techniques to me. You know, this team needs somebody that's a badass at one and it's unfortunate that the guy they drafted last year was dealing with a lot of things. You know, he just wasn't he just wasn't up to the task right now, and hopefully you'll figure that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one of the topics of conversation. Steven Jones talked about he could they can maybe look at adding a veteran in that room, but the defensive tackle is definitely a position where they're going to look at in the draft. Same thing can be said for running back. He talked about Jonathan Brooks extensively. His quote says, it always helps when one of the doctors are very familiar with does the surgery.
Speaker 5: He's going to be picking the second round for the Cowboys, that'd be very do you think so? Yeah, I mean, just connect dots. Doctor Cooper did the surgery. He's a hell of this kid's a hell of a football player. Doctor Cooper, he did he did the surgery for if you remember for for Smith. You know our linebacker way back in the day. You know, yeah, Jalen Jalen Jones Smith. So you know, doctor Cooper's there to tell Jim Mowers got the medical information. They know when the rehab is. You know, they went and they sent a guy, They sent their coach to Austin to work these guys out. He had dinner with the guy. He's a thirty visit guy. If this ain't lining up like a Cowboy pick, potentially at fifty six. I don't know what is you know, maybe people think he's the third round guy. I don't. I'm in the second.
Speaker 2: Round of him in the second yeah, I mean yeah, I don't think he lasts to eighties.
Speaker 6: No, I think him bent probably go off the board in the second round. I mean it was a clean tear in the ACL. They seem to think that he could be ready to go for training camp, which is positive. So he's a hell of a player. If it weren't for the ACL, I'd have no question about making that pick at fifty six.
Speaker 5: But I'm with you.
Speaker 6: It seems like it is trending in that direction, and in the second round. The Cowboys have a history of doing that with guys coming off of injury.
Speaker 3: Can I definitely want to I want to ask you guys though with and I could be wrong, but with how the running back position is starting to look.
Speaker 4: Like is being valued?
Speaker 3: Is like get what you need to get out of your first contract. Because these teams are doing by committee, there's unfortunately less value for the position. Does that make you, as a scout or as a team a little more like, well, less nervous to take a guy with an ACL or a past aco or something because unfortunately, and I'm not trying to say this in a bad way, because they deserve the respect, but I'm just saying, is it one of those things where they're more willing to take some of these guys who've come off of ines and things like that, because quite frankly, they're not planning on giving them a second contract, because that's kind of what the position.
Speaker 2: Is for You're saying, longevity doesn't matter as much, durability doesn't matter as much.
Speaker 3: Especially since it's by committee a lot as well, which I know sucks to say, but it seems like kind of the reality of the position is that maybe why they're more teams may be more open to.
Speaker 2: Doing things like this, maybe teams in general. But the one thing about across the hall, they need running back help now, right, I mean tracking that they need running back help now. So if Jonathan Brooks is not ready for training camp or not ready for the regular season, and they know that, I don't see them spending a first or a second round pick on the game.
Speaker 5: They could.
Speaker 2: But if he's but if he's ready and he's as explosive on tape and he's back to one hundred percent and he's ready to go and he's able to contribute week one, then absolutely I think they would take that pick and run with it because longevity is not as big of a factor and durability in the in the short term is good to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess that's why I was trying to ask.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I feel the same way. I love Trey Britt Benson from Florida State too, so, but I don't know. I don't know if they do. That's the thing about it, Like.
Speaker 6: Benson's my number one guy. I mean, I've I've the two guys that I fight for. Jalen right out of Tennessee I absolutely love to go, and then Ray Davis from Kentucky. Those would be my other two fallback options that that I like a lot, and then marsh On Lloyd from USC seems like he's really made it.
Speaker 5: I like Lloyd a lot too. And to me, I just the reason I make the comment about Benson being a guy a cowboy, because it's just there's too many things lining up for Brooks. Yeah, for Jonathan Brooks, I say Benson, Yeah, we were just talking about Brooks. Yeah, Brooks. To me, there's just too many things lining up. I mean the doctor the thirty visit, the dinners that you know, they're they're they're going to bring him in on his thirty visit there. Doctor Cooper's probably gonna be downstairs, probably gonna take a look at the knee again. You know, I'm sure there's been some He's got the indie rechecks that they're going to do in April. He'll get that done. It just seems like to me if that's what they're going to do. But there are a lot of good backs in this draft. There are there, I mean, and stretches pretty good. And let me ask you this though a one technique or running back.
Speaker 2: In the second, in the second, oh whatever, whatever players higher on your board, just just give it.
Speaker 5: Didn't do you don't have to be the player. Just give me the position. If it would you take a running back in the second or a defensive tackle if the if the grades were equal.
Speaker 6: Equal a defensive tackle, because I think running back stretches more. I don't think that the drop off is big for me.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because Brian brought up like a McKinley Jackson. There are a couple of DT's like even again, call some guys that are a little down.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, I don't think there's a many a running back.
Speaker 3: No, And that's one of the.
Speaker 4: I struggle with it.
Speaker 5: It's it's a that's a tough question.
Speaker 6: But I think initially I would rather take a Fisk in the second round and the circle back and grab Ray Davis from Kentucky and I'd feel really good.
Speaker 3: But also, Toby, how are we running the ball this year? Like I'm I think it also depends too, is if there are going to be improvements with how they run the ball this year periods I'm like, I'm not trying to take no offense. She Smitchy running back and he gonna get tackled in the backfield every time.
Speaker 5: If you can't blog, it doesn't matter. Well, you're in this no way to know it.
Speaker 2: I would assume in the first round, if in this you're taking an offensive lineman, that you're taking either a tackle or.
Speaker 5: Your center in the first round. I'm trying to I'm trying to see how committed you are taking a running back in the second round.
Speaker 6: I'm not super committed. I'm not that committed. I do think they're going to I mean, I think.
Speaker 5: There's more depth of ice ship running back, say rounds three and four than what your tackle is looking at, And I sider just screaming at you because I don't have a one technique.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that was what I was about to say.
Speaker 3: Though, I think there's less depth for a real one tech in this draft, So I mean there are more options at running back later if you do decide to do that as well.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you resigned Rico. That's a thing.
Speaker 3: So I wonder also to like, what are what are they looking for to package with with Rico?
Speaker 5: You know, when you're looking for your starting running back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you looking so? Okay?
Speaker 4: So Rico is going to be you think hasn't.
Speaker 6: Ever played a full season in the NFL, you know, I mean I think you're looking for your starter, and I like.
Speaker 5: One technique you draft might be the starter. To think that the guy that you're drafting, what choice is he going to.
Speaker 4: Have right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, you starter in Seattle, he got paid two dollars.
Speaker 4: Two dollars.
Speaker 5: I think I would take your preaching to the choir here.
Speaker 2: If Jonathan Brooks is there, I'm going with an equal I have an equal grade on Jonathan Brooks.
Speaker 5: Fisk or Brooks and Fisk I'm taking.
Speaker 2: I think I would take Fisk.
Speaker 4: Fisk is higher on board, it should be.
Speaker 5: What about t Sweat?
Speaker 6: What about the two Texas kids, Devandre Sweater Brooks, Well, because there you're talking about a legit big boy to.
Speaker 2: Brooks just because he's higher on my board.
Speaker 5: Brooks probably higher than Sweat too, But that's close.
Speaker 2: You know what I take that they're touching tag take it back, give me Sweat taking Sweat, Yeah, I think that's a better player.
Speaker 6: See the one guy that I really want to fight for, and he's not a true nose, but disruptive as hell. And you just Brandon Dorles, the Oregon defensive Like that guy, that guy's just freaking have it.
Speaker 2: That's another twin in the middle, and he is he has another back outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah he is, because like three four he'd play a three four defensive end. But gosh, I watched Brandon Dorles somewhere.
Speaker 5: What the hell I know?
Speaker 6: I know, but gosh, he's disruptive, like you watch him, and he's living in the opponent's backfield.
Speaker 5: He's and he's so long. I mean, he's a tough guy. To put a late third on him. If he's an edge rusher.
Speaker 2: I think I would put a like maybe a second.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he doesn't fit body type into what we're talking about in either position.
Speaker 5: He plays the one, but he can.
Speaker 4: Play everywhere, and that y'all loves. I mean, fatanu.
Speaker 3: He said, he said that her Brandon Dorlyss was the best player he played play.
Speaker 5: You could see it when you watched him washing too. He gave her a fit.
Speaker 4: He said that.
Speaker 3: He said, he literally said that he's the hardest person he played against.
Speaker 2: You brought up Gabe Paul from Baylor.
Speaker 5: What did you like about him?
Speaker 2: I think if you're looking at late defensive tackle options, that's another one that I think is a little bit under the radar. I mean, here, I'll give it based off of what I've got. Six foot six, two hundred and ninety one pounds. Uh. He was a tall, lengthy frame on the interior, used that link to effect the passing lane game, leverage on blockers. I liked his hands.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was a defensive tackle with Baylor, but he played a little bit outside three technique five technique. Kind of went back and forth.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, I mean, with me, the one thing I'm learning to look at with DTS that I really admire the most is how patient they can be, and also to the extension very good. And if there are length, he has the length, and I think that plays a big role in what he's able to do in some of the hands. His hands are huge and he has heavy hands. So the a lot of these guys, especially these DTS and these middle like sometimes that patience takes time to develop. Even talking to Hankins and some of the guys that played the position, they say that that typically takes time. When you see some of these guys display patients early, I think that's a good sign of their development.
Speaker 4: And he's one of those guys that has some of that in his game.
Speaker 2: He's fun, a little bit everywhere, tone.
Speaker 4: And super but his motor but.
Speaker 3: Also the the motor super high with him. He's very relentless in his pursuit and that was interesting to me as well. And he's not a pretty player. I wrote that down as well. It's like he's not pretty. It's not always going to look perfect for him. But the motor and the effort and the way he just keeps playing and fighting with his hands to get separation is typically what does it for him. He's not super explosive, but he a mad crazy split like he doesn't just he doesn't look super explosive on field, but on in that at the combine he had a one point seventy two split ten yard split, which shows that he can get some burst off the line, maybe a little bit more than what I thought he was.
Speaker 5: That's pretty impressed watching me. It's Cooper bb.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he did a really good job against bby able to get upfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kicked Texas text ass.
Speaker 5: That was the one game.
Speaker 3: And the size, I mean, he has decent size, six six two ninety two. Maybe you put a little bit more weight on him, he's three hundred pounds. I mean, you might be working with something there in the later again, in the later rounds because there's not as much fancy running back dip down.
Speaker 5: All right. He sounded very much like John Gruden when he one time goes he's getting it drinking, proud king because he has it drinking. Probably gave me that whiny voice one time he's want to punch him. Did that player turn out okay? Or oh it was fine? John Johns all right. John was arguing with the scouts real quick if it could John was arguing with the scouts and about a wider and you know he John was just going on and on and on, and then he stopped and he looked at all the scouts him. He goes, yeah, none of you like him because he's getting grab him. And then you know we all would just start dying laughing. But that was John. John was right about a lot of players.
Speaker 2: Sure was all right, we're gonna take our second break when we come back. We've talked about defensive tackle, We've talked about running back. But what's the most underrated need on this entire Cowboys roster. That's gonna be a tough one to pigeonhole. We'll talk about that when we come back right after this.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 11: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 8: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 10: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The Prescott who looks right, it's not there. He escapes flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll run for a hunks down. Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. Back here on the Draft Show. Head to the Star in Frisco for Movie Night presented by Monument Realty. Bring your chair, your blanket to Tostedos Championship Plaza for the showing of Rango on Thursday, April eighteenth, beginning at seven pm. For more info, visit Thestar District dot com.
Speaker 5: Big Rango guy yourself side the love Rango.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you think you're right?
Speaker 5: You're right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was off the top rope. That was pretty good. Yeah, you nailed the player, well done. Got It's a badass lizard.
Speaker 3: Right there, he will, little Dusty Chamelion, ain't it is a chameleon, I think because it's a blizard everywhere it's a lizard.
Speaker 5: It's one of the coolest lizards I've ever seen. Give your scouting report on Rango.
Speaker 4: Take notes. He always.
Speaker 6: Is very slithering, slippery player, you know, very slippery, twitchy, quick off the line.
Speaker 5: He could fit in any role hees. Yeah, talking about a piano player that Rango. I could play them anywhere. Real chameleon. All right, biggest, somebody's gonna tweet at you. Who that player you were talking about?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, not Jonathan or whatever. The guy who was that a couple of years ago, Jonathan Rango Go.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 5: The Georgia corner when you get an.
Speaker 6: Hey, we we called that one too. That guy could not cover a double move to save his life.
Speaker 2: He also had some medicals last year people didn't like. All Right, the biggest under the radar need for this Dallas Cowboys team entering the draft, and by this point usually you've had some some free agent signings, you've made some sort of motion, you've done something to sure up your holes. What holes are still there that maybe aren't being talked about as much as the running back, the offensive line, the defensive tackle.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let I.
Speaker 6: Used to know you've got like you ready, you you take this one.
Speaker 5: I know you're ready, and then I'll follow up.
Speaker 3: Listen, you're about to tell us that I am I.
Speaker 4: Think tight end is need.
Speaker 2: Boom boom pal.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I only say this because, uh, you didn't get much from Peyton hinder shot last year. Schoolmaker just had surgery and a lot of the things he did for you last year were blocking.
Speaker 4: John Stevens is maybe.
Speaker 3: The guy that you're looking at to do some things for you. But I think Jake Ferguson needs another rody that's gonna be consistent. And I really also feel like if you look at last year's tape, Baby, when you got in twelve personnel, nobody cared because they like were watching tape on this this rookie. We know, y'all not throwing him the ball, so they're not they don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I understand you can run plays and this is the look we're gonna do. But if people know that this gentleman is not doing anything for you from a receiving standpoint, and I'm not saying to just give up on schooning, I'm just saying maybe if you do see someone down, you know in the later rounds that you're okay taking him. So that's just me until laterroun need so like three, Yeah, I think I think this is something you can do a little bit later, depending on what you're doing. I mean, I looked at a tip Reemond last night Illinois sixty four to two seventy one.
Speaker 4: Very willing blocker. He can get caught up sometimes.
Speaker 3: And sustaining sustaining blocks. He has good straight line speed. He has some yack ability, but it's more because of the angles he takes than him just being elusive. He high points the ball very well though. He is a red zone threat and someone that can get after it. Dalen Holker, I mean, there's there's some gentlemen that are gonna fall down in this uh. I watched aj Barker last year, last year, last night, Barn Barner, rather, I can't read my own hands right from Michigan. From Michigan, I literally wrote down, I said, well, he's a Michigan tight end.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah, bell out there blocking, I mean ging the guy as well.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I think he'll be gone before I'm not. I don't think that it's that much of a need that you're gonna pick that early. And I think he's gonna.
Speaker 5: He's played a Day two guy, sneak up.
Speaker 6: Like a Cayden Stover from Ohio State. If he slipped to the fourth round, I think that'd be a pretty good value.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed his tape.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's slipping to the fourth.
Speaker 5: I think he's a third I think he's probably a third round guy, but you never know. He's never known. He's well rounded, like both. I thought about it. I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: I coward away from it, but I thought about putting him in the second. I think he's a legitimate player. He's ready to play the block.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, it's just the temperament, man.
Speaker 3: And I think when you got a badass tight end that's not afraid to go toe to toe with some of the best DT's d's.
Speaker 2: George is just one v one right here.
Speaker 5: He's not sched over that they have him as a lead blocker.
Speaker 3: He's an yeah and tone sett and tight end, like I think it's it's valuable, and so I don't know if he's I don't think he's gonna be there, and that's why I did not mention his name. But I do think tight end feels important for what you want to do on the ground, but also to what you want.
Speaker 4: To do through the air. If your aerial attack is going to be money.
Speaker 3: Hey, honey, bun, people got tape on fer They starting to see what's up. They already know, and so you can take advantage of when people were rolling coverage to him and doing some things with him.
Speaker 4: I'm and also to help preserve.
Speaker 3: His body because Ferg is like and it's not I'm not saying they he's a very tough player, but he's doing a lot of extra things and he's out there. I mean, they ran eleven personnel so much because it was one of the only sets they could successfully get passing yards out of consistently. It was their go to this year, and I just think adding another tight end can really open up your playbook a little bit more from a receiving standpoint, and you can get some consistent stuff from on the ground. And I mean, I don't know what Scoon's going to be like, but I'm just saying, like, I don't know. The depth behind those two guys is very unsure right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, because you got Steven's coming off that injury. So I hear you. I do.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with corner and I've been pretty consistent with you. It's like, look they move up to you'll get Eric Scott Junior. But was that a guy that like DQ had a plan for and now he's out of the building. I don't know how Al Harris feels about him, but I mean he was the guy we liked. I mean, I thought he definitely had some ball skills, he's got some trades, he's long, he's he's tough. But Digg's coming off an injury, right, I mean, I think you feel good about him. Jordan Lewis is on a one year deal though Bland of Courts you like, but the depth behind those pieces there is a ton of question marks. Unless do you want to move Makuamu back over to corner. I think that's definitely a spot where you're looking at this roster and thinking, okay, they do they're pretty top heavy right now.
Speaker 5: You don't have a lot of depth if you were to.
Speaker 6: Have some injuries, So corner to me, I think you even have that discussion as early as the second round, whether it's TJ. Tampat Iowa State, depending on who's there. I mentioned Kyrie Jackson the last shot Oregon. Yeah, who's a big guy that I like. The Georgia kids are all good. Rakestradue of Missoo. If you were to slide Chris Abrams Drain as well out of out of Missouri, I think it's an interesting player. So there's a lot of corners. I mean we've talked about that. Probably wait till day three and even get a corner for depth purposes that you feel solid about.
Speaker 3: One question before Brian goes, do y'all think that Elijah Jones Boston College maybe is going to fall a little bit because I think he had a suspension last year for something, and it's.
Speaker 5: So to see what it was.
Speaker 4: Would you be.
Speaker 3: Interested in grabbing in m because you're talking corner, I think that maybe because of some of the off field stuff, that gentleman could be someone that could fall because of that.
Speaker 2: That's your value pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that's that's my point. But I just real quick, sorry, go ahead, Brian, Yeah, that's what you got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, to me, when I look at when I look at this roster for the Cowboys, initially thought I thought safety was going to be an issue. And we'll see what they do with Marquis Spell and put moving him back. He's going to go from a linebacker to to playing safety. And I know that Mike wants to play with interchangeable guys. He wants to be able to have really smart guys, football intelligent guys. Marquise Bell is kind of all that. So I think that's going to help who the backup edges on this team.
Speaker 4: That's I know you're gonna say ed facts, big facts.
Speaker 5: Who's I mean? Now we talk about guys that have got to step up and Junior FORJKO is a step up guy. Sam Williams a step up guy. But if you don't get it, now take Michael Parsons and don't make him an edge. Now what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're looking at Sam Williams and DeMarcus Lawrence as you're starting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and then yeah. But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: With where he needs to be anyways.
Speaker 5: That's the thing with Golston. He's another one of these guys that we all like to sit there and back about. Yeah, we all sit there and talk about, like, well, what's Goldstan gonna do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: He needs to get better too, you know. So this edge to me sneaky, very sneaky. The edge that's they better. They better find a way to add a guide maybe too, to help them with some of their stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something, I'm tired of watching it again. I understand. It's kind of like what I when I.
Speaker 4: Think about the NBA, you cover the NBA just.
Speaker 3: Kind of like what the three point shot is, and how like so many guys want to shoot. They don't want to like set the game, they don't want to set screens, they don't want to do anything, you know. I feel that way about d ns that don't like to stop the run. And I'm sick of it, and I'm really like, I really am exhausted with uh watching a lot of the guys, Like if you come across a guy that's willing to rush the pastor but can stay squared, be patient and be able to still stop the run and time it and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think that that's becoming.
Speaker 3: A lot more valuable because a lot of these guys are just trying to wreck shop to the quarterback and people.
Speaker 4: Are running past them. And as especially when you start talking about.
Speaker 3: The NFL, baby, if that team run our po you gonna get your feelings hurt.
Speaker 4: Like and so I'm just the that's something that is not concerning to me.
Speaker 3: But I am starting to notice, even from last year that a lot of these gentlemen ain't really trying to stop that run like that. They want to rush the passer and that's that's fine, but it ain't gonna get you no starting spot consistently.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 2: I like that comparison, like that's really good versus an all around player.
Speaker 6: How you getting paid, right, you get the sack, go get it. So, I mean that's what they're valuing right now.
Speaker 5: But I hear you. I'm with it.
Speaker 3: But it's just like, hey, dude, but if you set this away screen, yep, it's gonna make everybody else better.
Speaker 6: And it's just you'll get your Jared verse, that well rounded type of player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like there's some there's some guys in here and and I hopefully maybe we'll talk about it more Thursday. Like there's some guys down this d N depth chart that do it. But I'm just starting to realize when I see it, I'm like, oh, this is nice.
Speaker 4: He's stopping the run.
Speaker 5: You're gonna run the mock drafted on Thursday.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's just mock.
Speaker 2: Draft Thursday morning, eleven am Central Time. Have fun, all thirty two picks, smellonga shaw.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna sit there.
Speaker 4: And absolutely no, we will be.
Speaker 2: We will be mock drafting on Thursday. Should be a whole lot of fun. We'll go through one through thirty trading back.
Speaker 5: I usul don't worry about we'll get.
Speaker 2: Off going on, but that'll be a whole lot of fun. Be sure to tune in on Thursday for Zach Walchuk, Brian brought us a Aha, Morrison, Chris Beam, I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long. We'll see you on Thursday with more of the Draft show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club