Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We can do that with Bloomberg's Christina Quino. Christine, what are you looking at today? All right, Paul, Let's take a look at Broadcom because that is very much in green today. So it took her AVG eighty go and those shares are up two and a half percent at the moment, and that is because the chip baker announced a long term agreement with Google to develop and supply tensor processing units. So these are Google's custom AI chips and Broadcom also saying that the two companies have confirmed plans to work with Anthropic to power the AI startups burgeoning operations. So Bloomberg Intelligence is Kunjo Savani weighing in on this deal, saying that broadcomes expanded agreements with Google and Anthropic gives investors multi year visibility, but a portion of the ramp up for twenty twenty seven may already be reflected in the consensus, so shares are up today.
Speaker 3: Broadcom is like it's trying to wrap up all the AI. It's like, I'll do a deal with anthropic, I'll do it with open AI. Or okay, you also brought along Amazon with you. Why are they in the news today? Exactly, Alexis, so a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Actually it's happening with Amazon, but at the moment, shares are trending lower. So took her am z N. Those shares are down one and a half percent. So a couple of pieces of information. The information reporting that Amazon has apparently rejected wholesale supplier's requests to pay more for their inventory. So essentially that forces the brands on selling on Amazon's platform to swallow costs related to tariffs or energy increases or what have you. It's a very interesting kind of consumer inflation bit of news there. And then in other news, we also have Uber expanding its infrastructure in AI capabilities on Amazon Web Services to support more or of its strip serving zones. Now shares are down today. It may just be because of the more cautious broad environment, but it's.
Speaker 3: Getting wrapped up in that exactly. Yeah, yeah, all right, how about the Apple?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a look at Apple. Those areas are also being challenged today take her AAPL they are down moreti five percent, so that is primarily because we did have Nicky Asia reporting that apparently the company is seeing setbacks in the engineering test phase of its foldable iPhone, so that could push back production shipment schedule. The first shipment could be delayed by months. This is according to a report that sites unidentified people. And I don't believe Apple has weighed in on it, but nonetheless it is weighing on shares today.
Speaker 3: So it's one of the biggest losers in the S and P five hundred right now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Alexis. So people just got a wait for their foldable phones. I don't know, would you want one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, you know, and I also hold on to my phone forever, so I'm really not getting a foldable phone.
Speaker 1: For quite some time, I had one the Samsung wanted to do you Yeah, I did. It was fine for a while, but then it started glitching. So yeah, the technology might just not be keeping up with the usage, you know, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.